darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 11 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
Beedle2000 Green Sparx Gems: 442
#501 Posted: 04:50:14 02/10/2016
This whole thing is obviously just because Activision wants more money. Hopefully, all the issues such as not being able to sell the crystals used and such will prompt a patch, but I doubt it. They are just an RFID chip though, right? Hopefully someone will develop some sort of external tool that can reset them if Activision won't.

I'm willing to bet that those Youtube videos people make showing off the different paths are going to be a whole lot more popular for the Imaginators if you can't change classes.

I'm still staying hopeful that this game will be fun, but stuff like this makes it difficult sometimes. Looking to the future, I'd be really disappointed if the Imaginators got the shaft like the traps did. Hopefully they will still work in future games.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#502 Posted: 07:21:09 02/10/2016
Quote: zookinator
I recently tested a Trap again on the 3DS version of SSA again, and I assure you that it wasn't corrupted since it worked earlier on my brother's file of Trap Team, and it still gave me the option to reset it.

I don't know why, but it seems like that they may have been purposely designed to be reset with that version. Any other figure from future games just bring up the incompatible figure notice, except for the Traps. Who knows? TFB could potentially sneak in a way for us to reset the Creation Crystals with SSA 3DS.

I tried this this morning and the reset message did come up all the time for me too on crystals that are perfectly fine and the reset function worked smilie

Yay possible solution

But I guess it will depend on wether creation crystals are programmed like regular skylanders figures or like the crystal traps . Coz they're somewhere in between those 2 functionally. Fingers crossed
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:57:31 02/10/2016 by B-BOB358
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#503 Posted: 09:46:34 02/10/2016
With each stupid restriction revealed, I believe more and more that Activision should die in a fire.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#504 Posted: 10:47:59 02/10/2016
We are still not sure if Imaginite Chest will unlock exclusive parts or not: as of now they simply look like fast access to parts for lazy players who don't want to play the whole game to unlock them.

I hate what they did with Crystals, especially because there isn't really a reason behind that choice (they were even asked if they would have been ok with paying a small price to be able to reset a Crystal and they kept saying "no") but unlike SuperChargers they aren't a mandatory gimmick and the game itself looks so amazing and full of content that I'm pretty sure I'll have tons of fun even without diving immediately in the editor.

I'm just greately annoyed because this was probably the only gimmick I was truly looking forward to.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
blastermindROB Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#505 Posted: 12:35:43 02/10/2016
This is because we can't change battle classes
And I guess we have to suck it
---
"Kaigan: Grimm! (Door creaking open) Kokoro no door! Hiraku dōwa! (Suspenseful music; pages flapping)"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#506 Posted: 13:30:38 02/10/2016
Imaginite chests will not unlock exclusive parts.
You wanna know how I know?

Because a), the packaging on them shows parts we've already seen in the game that you can get under normal circumstances,
and b), because the packaging just says "nine digital parts", not "nine EXCLUSIVE digital parts".

If there were parts that could only be unlocked via these chests, they would've made that perfectly clear on the packaging.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#507 Posted: 13:49:45 02/10/2016 | Topic Creator
The microtransactions we've found out about also are a similar case. Apparently they're just chests with a ton of parts, no mention of exclusives - like Gearbits, it's just a timesaver.
Spoilers because it's from SS's leak.

Kinda ironic that Acti avoids pay 2 win greediness in their own game but can't resist it physically.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#508 Posted: 14:20:12 02/10/2016
Wonders if like the Creation Crystals, can the Chests be read while still new in box or new in bag in this case.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#509 Posted: 14:34:20 02/10/2016
So do we know of any way to corrupt Skylanders manually? That's what we're trying to figure out if itll work with the Creation Crystals correct? So that then itll have to reset?

Im a bit behind on this topic but it's a very important one so sorry if I sound a bit oblivious
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#510 Posted: 14:44:21 02/10/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Wonders if like the Creation Crystals, can the Chests be read while still new in box or new in bag in this case.

Creation Crystals can be read new in the box
#511 Posted: 14:46:34 02/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Creation Crystals can be read new in the box

Yes I know, i posted some pics showing that CCs can be read in the box.
What I am wondering is if CHESTS can be read in the bag. Since it's a bag, it can be made with a foil blocker, but dont know if Acti thought ahead about that or not.
---
smilie
#512 Posted: 15:40:14 02/10/2016 | Topic Creator
If they unlock whatever, it's possibly daily but they give less after the first time. Just educated guesses.

Also, guys, PLEASE, another reminder that this isn't the "boo let's boycott Skylanders: Imaginators" thread. I know some people are 8 or 80 in opinions, but keep in mind this is one aspect of the game. With Senseis, on the other hand, the replay value is increased tenfold as they unlock

WHOLE levels if you get one per element.

Not to mention that the sidequests are apparently much better than in SC. So yeah, Acti screwed up and continues to do so with the yearly format, but we might have a big chance of TFB partially making up for it.
---
#513 Posted: 20:22:19 02/10/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
So do we know of any way to corrupt Skylanders manually? That's what we're trying to figure out if itll work with the Creation Crystals correct? So that then itll have to reset?

Im a bit behind on this topic but it's a very important one so sorry if I sound a bit oblivious

The best possibility to hope for is that an older skylanders game will think the creation crystals need to be reset ( even though there's nothing wrong with it) when placed on the portal. Like traps do when placed on the 3ds portal in the 3ds SA.

Coz purposely corrupting a skylander/ CC is not gonna be easy, if at all repeatable because they're gotten better at preventing that over the last few years.
---
#514 Posted: 21:00:08 02/10/2016
My 2 cents...

I think the backlash from the NonResettalbe Creation Crystals from the casual fans will be heard from Activision just due to volume.

We (the fans on these various fan forums and fan groups) are a small percentage of the buying base, but the millions of casual players who will not know about the NonResettable Creation Crystals, and perhaps more importantly, the casual parents, who are more unknowning about the product, will return these Creation Crystals in droves to the stores, where the stores' employees will mark them as "damaged/does not work/etc" and send back to Activision (at least that's the usual proceeding with stores in USA).

After a few months of these "damaged/does not work/etc" Creation Crystals, Activision may give the ability to Reset these Creation Crystals in order to stop the flow of returning CCs.
---
smilie
#515 Posted: 21:23:15 02/10/2016
^That's the long term dream.

Problem is that we'll probably already be a couple of months into the game release by the time something like an official activision response/game update gets acted upon.

The returns can probably easily be justified. I've seen the back of the crystal boxes and it does have a warning msg that you can only access 1 of the 10 elements on a single crystal . But there's nothing written about the classes.

There really should be another message about the classes aswell. E.g. " this product gives you the choice between 10 battle classes, however each crystal can only access 1 battle class " or something.
---
#516 Posted: 21:30:44 02/10/2016
It would simply be yet another message average parents wouldn't read before purchasing a Crystal.
Even the in-game message, though better, doesn't convey the exact importance of choosing a Battle Class.

I assume the majority of kids will simply take it as "choosing a Battle Class is a final decision, unless you reset your toy just like with all playable characters so far".
It's ridiculous to pretend a kid would decide his character in advance and never choose to change his Fire Knight into a Ninja on the Starter Pack's Crystal.

Activision should know Skylanders' focus target better after five years.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:11 02/10/2016 by Drek95
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#517 Posted: 21:35:39 02/10/2016
We should take the Creation Crystals, and push them somewhere else!
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#518 Posted: 21:37:49 02/10/2016
Yeah, I foresee my younger relatives wanting to change the Battle Class without having realized that they cant. If Activision really wants to have people not buying/returning Crystals (one of the main selling points if not THE main selling point of the game) and lose money, that's on their heads.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#519 Posted: 21:38:51 02/10/2016
Imagine not being able to reset Skylanders after picking a path....
---
i am trash
#520 Posted: 21:42:09 02/10/2016
Well a path is far less content to be locked forever than 9 other Battle Classes.

It's more comparable to say, locking the ability to replay levels after your first playthrough.
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#521 Posted: 21:43:32 02/10/2016
Quote: Takadox360
Imagine not being able to reset Skylanders after picking a path....

that would be bad.
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#522 Posted: 23:51:05 02/10/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
^That's the long term dream.

Problem is that we'll probably already be a couple of months into the game release by the time something like an official activision response/game update gets acted upon.

The returns can probably easily be justified. I've seen the back of the crystal boxes and it does have a warning msg that you can only access 1 of the 10 elements on a single crystal . But there's nothing written about the classes.

There really should be another message about the classes aswell. E.g. " this product gives you the choice between 10 battle classes, however each crystal can only access 1 battle class " or something.

If they are smart, they will patch in a reset a month after release. Get those up front sales of the big fans buying lots of crystals, but get rid of the feature and have everyone celebrate it and thank them prior to Christmas when most kids will get it and be faced with the problem. Because as a parent, I can guarantee there will be some REALLY upset parents when they discover this limitation on Christmas morning right after their kid sets all of their crystals to the same battle class while playing around and finds out it cannot be changed. Nothing sets off a parent more than having to tell their child that the toys they got from Santa do not work right.
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#523 Posted: 17:29:02 03/10/2016
I have made a forum about fixing the problem by doing a cheat with a demonstration video about resetting the Traps in Trap Team and people believed that it will not work. Today I've found someone who have done it and succeed. wiijosi platforms is the person who tried it and said he have reset the Ultimate Kaos Trap and 15 traps.

You can also try it as well but you might need a specific TV in order to get it to work
#524 Posted: 17:40:28 03/10/2016
Are you sure that trick works for Crystals as well, though?

Anyway, taking this out from General Discussion (credits to TheToyNerd):

[User Posted Image]

I won't lie, at this point I'm so desperately hoping for a way to reset Crystals in-game that I'll take that icon on the right as the option to do so.
Could simply be the way to view and modify your Imaginator from there but it would sound as a redundant option.

Would be weird if the guys who got the game early didn't noticed or mentioned it, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#525 Posted: 17:56:52 03/10/2016
Well I don't think that's the option for the Creation Crystal itself but rather a transfer option that will take your imaginator from console to the app. I also wished that's also the option to reset your Crystal but unfortunately I've sort of doubt it but it's forgivable if it is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:34 03/10/2016 by Dalton977622
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#526 Posted: 18:51:05 03/10/2016
According to Shadowstorm, it's just the collection button.
#527 Posted: 19:26:23 03/10/2016
Some users at the Oz Gaming thing last week asked an Acti representative as to why the Creation Crystals cant be reset and this Acti rep's response was "Well then you wouldnt buy any more crystals *laugh*."
---
smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#528 Posted: 19:29:23 03/10/2016
Some users at the Oz Gaming thing last week asked an Acti representative as to why the Creation Crystals cant be reset and this Acti rep's response was "Well then you wouldnt buy any more crystals *laugh*."

Hot damn, what honesty.....but really? They think we wouldn't buy anymore FOR SURE? I plan on maybe buying 20 crystals for 20 characters.

Also makes me think there isn't any patch for the time being, seeing his confidence in the decision.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:07 03/10/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
#529 Posted: 19:30:17 03/10/2016

Yes I would though... To experience the different elemental attacks and support a feature in a game that is cool. But, no that's cool tho. Keep insulting your audience why don't ya! That'll do wonders for ya when parents are outraged and never buy a single Skylanders product ever again. You ****ing idiots!
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#530 Posted: 19:41:34 03/10/2016

Wow what a jerk... he must be very proud of himself after laughing at something like that.
---
i am trash
#531 Posted: 19:41:58 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
And people still blame this on TFB. They wouldn't be this stupid, after all, we still buy variants despite zero change in gameplay. It's all on Activision higher ups having no idea how the game actually works and getting rewarded for their "innovative" ideas when the devs get all the hate.
Reminds me of this really cringy video where they made a forced party in a company with the backwards idea that forcing employees to have fun is how you raise their productivity. The idiot who had that idea got praised and paid for it like he reinvented the wheel.
---
#532 Posted: 19:59:36 03/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Yes I would though... To experience the different elemental attacks and support a feature in a game that is cool. But, no that's cool tho. Keep insulting your audience why don't ya! That'll do wonders for ya when parents are outraged and never buy a single Skylanders product ever again. You ****ing idiots!

Well, like many people have said before - I would never have considered looking into the Skylander hacking tools previously, but if reset is not in the cards they will absolutely drive me (and many others) to using it. Way to make people use an unauthorized hacking tool, Activision. Hope he finds that funny.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:20 03/10/2016 by defpally
#533 Posted: 20:31:20 03/10/2016
Agree! If we're not resetting our crystals the same way we can't reset the traps in Trap Team, It would effect many of their fans to use hacking tools to possibly exploit the Skylanders figures. (or maybe use my method)
#534 Posted: 21:11:21 03/10/2016
I know right?!
Personally that wont make me buy any less or more crystals, its just an expected feature to let me fully reset the CCs.
As said before, I plan to buy 10 CCs for each Element, cuz well we're crazy but also collectors, kinda the same thing w/ the swappers.
But to be that brazen for a response is a jerk move, it just makes me happy that a friend taught me the magic of certain skymodification tools.
---
smilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#535 Posted: 21:21:11 03/10/2016
... aaaand you're going to teach the rest of us, right? ò_ó
#536 Posted: 21:24:15 03/10/2016
if these tools can actually Reset a CC then sure. thats IF, we gota get the CCs and test it out first before saying that the tools will allow a full reset of CC.
---
smilie
#537 Posted: 21:24:22 03/10/2016
The funny thing is, all those people that never investigated the hacking tools will now do so out of necessity. And as a result they likely won't just use them for that, they will try some other tricks like loading gold and experience on figures, because why not? And also maybe loading parts on their crystal they haven't earned or unlocked, forget buying chests ... necessity is the mother of invention.
#538 Posted: 21:33:13 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Pyrofer has yet to come back and take the opportunity tho :c With the EBGames Expo crystals on the wild we could start testing right now for updates.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:47 03/10/2016 by Bifrost
#539 Posted: 21:35:59 03/10/2016
Quote: defpally
The funny thing is, all those people that never investigated the hacking tools will now do so out of necessity. And as a result they likely won't just use them for that, they will try some other tricks like loading gold and experience on figures, because why not? And also maybe loading parts on their crystal they haven't earned or unlocked, forget buying chests ... necessity is the mother of invention.

a lot of ppl on this forum and other groups/pages currently know how to add xp, gold, gearbits, and upgrades to the figures.
a howtoguide tho would b risky to post on here or anywhere, due to legalissues.
---
smilie
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#540 Posted: 22:08:38 03/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Pyrofer has yet to come back and take the opportunity tho :c With the EBGames Expo crystals on the wild we could start testing right now for updates.

Someone tried to contact him?, his youtube acount is still soemwhat active.
#541 Posted: 22:09:20 03/10/2016
Quote: defpally

a lot of ppl on this forum and other groups/pages currently know how to add xp, gold, gearbits, and upgrades to the figures.
a howtoguide tho would b risky to post on here or anywhere, due to legalissues.

I don't expect it to be posted here. But most of us, including me, would never have even looked for it had this not become necessary. In fact, I pretty much get all my Skylanders info from this site, but I guess I will have to expand my options due to this.
#542 Posted: 22:13:33 03/10/2016

Wish I was there to answer "well, if that's so I'm not even going to bother buying the ones I already planned smilie".

Activision should simply give the devs a huge load of money and just let them do their own business.
What kind of stupid and ignorant answer is that...?!
Then why should I buy more characters than the ones required to unlock everything in-game...?
You weren't so greedy with Giants or SWAP Force, weren't you?
But nooooo, let's screw up the best gimmick yet for the sake of more money!

I swear these are the times I think what would have this series been if Activision weren't the publisher.
It might have had smaller budgets and slower innovations but something tell me we wouldn't be so upset as of now.

Thank your developers for putting all their hearts and souls into these games, Acti.
Thank them deeply.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#543 Posted: 22:18:20 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
That's not how companies work nowadays, unfortunately. Devs only have voices until their higher up decides to have ideas of his/her own.

I know Pyrofer has his own blog but I dunno if a stranger should bother him about this, maybe someone he talked a lot with in here.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#544 Posted: 23:02:25 03/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost
That's not how companies work nowadays, unfortunately. Devs only have voices until their higher up decides to have ideas of his/her own.

I know Pyrofer has his own blog but I dunno if a stranger should bother him about this, maybe someone he talked a lot with in here.

Yeah I wouldn't blame TFB for this one. Did you see that Family Gamer vid. of Paul Richie trying to pimp out the Imaginator T-Shirts, Academy acceptance letter and 3-D prints...super awkward lol. I got a sense of thinly veiled contempt flavored with a zesty dash of shame...lol. Vid's below for reference.

#545 Posted: 23:06:43 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Paul Reiche's definately not as good as Guha Bala to keep the stone face and you really notice when he's not happy with something, but tbh, this only makes him more relatable as a developer and it's really saddening that people are putting his name or TFB on rants like it'd be any different with VV. I'm more surprised the big names haven't quit in 5+ years of demands from Acti.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:33 03/10/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#546 Posted: 00:34:11 04/10/2016
I'm sure Guha Bala is good at hiding the pain, haha.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#547 Posted: 23:37:44 05/10/2016
[User Posted Image]

I would like to point out that nowhere on the packaging does it state that the Creation Crystals can't be reset. I would like to think this confirms a Day One patch for the game, but it will most likely mean that Activision is actively committing PR Seppuku and are probably going to get a lot of angry emails!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#548 Posted: 23:57:26 05/10/2016
I realized in the game they flat-out tell you it's a final decision and don't let you choose yes or no until Eon specifically says that. So, we can't really say they don't warn people about this.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#549 Posted: 00:18:12 06/10/2016
They don't warn you when you pick it up off the shelf to pay money for it. You don't get any kind of warning until you buy it, take it home, presumably open the package and put it in the game and start trying to play with it. That's horsehockey.
First | Previous | Page 11 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me