darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 10 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#451 Posted: 01:24:41 30/09/2016 | Topic Creator
A+++ maximum bonus, Acti. And with ShadowStorm and BlackWing's confirmation, this is what we're stuck with.

If the "protest" that some users suggested falls on malicious ears, some stores might be screwed big time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:40 30/09/2016 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#452 Posted: 01:24:52 30/09/2016
HOO BOY! They better Day 1 Patch that **** before they get in trouble.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#453 Posted: 01:54:40 30/09/2016
Call me a foolish optimist, but at this point I see three possible soluctions:

- Day One patch which will add a reset option to Crystals;
- a future patch, after they found out about this tiny, little, insignificant and potentially catastrophic oversight;
- some Portal Master power or late game reward which let you do it.

I know Activision has been dumb in the past, but they've never been stubbhorn for the sake of it and plain rejected money even when asked.
They could have played it smart but they didn't, and now this is a problem for them just as much as it is for us: I speak for one, but doubt I'll pick up any Crystal if finding used ones is a possibility.
I refuse to believe this is what we'll be stuck with.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#454 Posted: 01:58:51 30/09/2016
And just when you think it couldn't get worse... it does.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#455 Posted: 02:03:56 30/09/2016
Pic of boxed Crystal on portal.

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:56 30/09/2016 by Portal___Master
#456 Posted: 02:26:07 30/09/2016
looks cool!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#457 Posted: 02:40:20 30/09/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Portal___Master
I sent a mostly sarcastic "can you reset them tho??????????????????" reply to the newest twitter post about the crystal overview trailer, and activision support dm'ed me with "at this time we are currently unable to answer your question about resetting imaginators"

so i just sent them the entire bee movie script

HAHAHAH great job ZapNorris LOL

yup, we'll also keep bugging them with Reset The Battle Classes text.

Good onya mate.

thanks. I still have the DM on my twitter... and for some reason, they're listening.

Good, let 'em have it. And while you're at it, why don't you tell them to bring back PvP.
---
Any last wishes?
#458 Posted: 02:50:01 30/09/2016
I'll probably send actual criticism and disappointment VIA DM if there's not a change within the first week of launch.
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#459 Posted: 02:57:07 30/09/2016
Yeah, I've tried too. My response was: We will forward your request to our supervisor
Well I haven't received a message yet so...
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#460 Posted: 05:42:51 30/09/2016
Quote: Drek95

Honestly I really doubt that, since it wouldn't make sense to include battle class stickers if their was any way to officially reset the crystals in the current version of the game. A patch is our only hope I'm afraid.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#461 Posted: 12:20:40 30/09/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: Drek95

Honestly I really doubt that, since it wouldn't make sense to include battle class stickers if their was any way to officially reset the crystals in the current version of the game. A patch is our only hope I'm afraid.

Well, it depends.
I guess it could work if it's a choice, like the one between path switching and the other power in SuperChargers.

Some could prefer having a specific Class per Crystal, thus using stickers, while others may like trying out all of them per Element and then maybe settle down with one.

It isn't that far fetched in my opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:21 30/09/2016 by Drek95
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#462 Posted: 12:35:20 30/09/2016
There's also a remote possibility that Creation Crystals can be reset by transferring them to a different user's collection... I doubt it at this point, but it's not something that we've tried yet as far as I've seen.

Scientific Method, and all that.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#463 Posted: 12:39:47 30/09/2016
I remember seeing in a video that when someone named an Imaginator, a pop-up came up saying that it would be deleted if the crystal became part of another collection. So nope, it most likely will not be able to be reset there.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#464 Posted: 12:47:49 30/09/2016
I agree. It's definately possible the option could be hidden behind game completion eventually. Or say once you've collected a lot of senseis as a "teaching" bonus etc.

Maybe even something to do with the creator app menu option , allowing you to hard reset a crystal once you've transferred your character to the 3D print ordering app or something.

i think they'll have different plans in motion depending on how the release goes.

I'm still wondering how available crystals will be . Will their only be small amounts of stock on the shelves or will they take up majority of the skylanders section ?

Coz the whole idea of " don't allow resets so people will buy more" doesn't really work if crystals arnt constantly available in every elements right through until next year.

And we all know that maintaining a diverse range of new stock isn't really the Skylanders series strong-suit.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#465 Posted: 12:52:40 30/09/2016
Hey, I just realized something: A way to not worry about this whole thing.

Buy your crystals from online retailers (Amazon over eBay, basically) or from stores that separate new from used. That way you can guarantee the crystals you buy don't have someone else's creation in them.

The former option would probably cost more though, thanks to shipping and handling.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#466 Posted: 12:56:51 30/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Would be fine to pick if that was affordable. It's not for me since they charge more on ebay plus the box size increases the shipping for some.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:57:46 30/09/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#467 Posted: 13:10:20 30/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Would be fine to pick if that was affordable. It's not for me since they charge more on ebay plus the box size increases the shipping for some.

eBay's not an online retailer, which is why I said Amazon over it. You'd probably be more likely to come across that stuff on eBay.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#468 Posted: 13:12:33 30/09/2016
Bad news Everyone...Creation Crystals work INSIDE of the packaging...found out by and tested and confirmed by GM today 09.29.16 at an Oz Video Game Event. Why is this bad? Because Battle Classes are NOT Resettable therefore if someone returns it, you will be stuck with the returner's selected Battle Class. Thanks Activision.

SCENARIO:

1. Mike buys a Creation Crystal from a store and does not open it, but chooses a Battle Class.

2. Mike returns the Creation Crystal to the store, and since the package is not opened, the store puts the Creation Crystal back on the shelf.

3. Frank buys that same Creation Crystal from the store, assuming it is new because the package isn’t opened.

4. Frank places the Creation Crystal on his Portal and finds out that the Battle Class is already set for him.

5. Because Battle Classes are NOT RESETTABLE, Frank is now stuck with whatever Battle Class Mike chose.

This shows how extremely cheap activision really is, 5 cm² of tin foil in the base prevents figures to read by the portal.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#469 Posted: 13:16:04 30/09/2016
ok now thats a bad desigen of the box. cant they put somthing under it so it will prevent from the portal to read the crystal or somthing like that?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#470 Posted: 13:16:53 30/09/2016
I think it's actually mylar (the stuff they make those shiny balloons at the grocery store out of)... but close enough. Reflects radio waves and is still cheap.
#471 Posted: 13:20:27 30/09/2016
It's a huge oversight not blocking the crystals in box if they arnt resettable.

They arnt new to toys to life games, they know that a bunch of people constantly return unopened but played with toys . It's just never been a big deal for characters coz you can't make permanent changes to them.

It doesn't seem like they planned for the crystal roll out at all .It's so confusing, they're ruining my mind lol .

Also does this mean that those mystery chests will scan into the portal fine without opening them too?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:42 30/09/2016 by B-BOB358
#472 Posted: 13:22:23 30/09/2016
I hope to GOD that they patch this IMMEDIATELY! This is truly unacceptable.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#473 Posted: 13:24:21 30/09/2016
Tin foil, I'm not making assumptions, I tested it myself when I tried to glitch the portal.
#474 Posted: 13:30:44 30/09/2016
> sees a Life CC from the expo on ebay
> ah cool
>reads listing description
> "character on it"
> feelsbadman.jpg
#475 Posted: 13:36:17 30/09/2016
> ah cool
> "character on it"
> feelsbadman.jpg

Lolol I've been keeping an eye on that all day to see if someone buys it lol.
eBay is gonna be full of these non specific descriptions on "used" crystals.
---
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#476 Posted: 13:37:17 30/09/2016
They clearly don't want us to experience each battleclass without buying any additional crystals.

They don't care what fans want and what they don't want. They have no real connection to them. And even if they did they would only listen to the feedback of 8 year olds.

Whenever the say they are briging back "fan favourites" and it's Jet Vac or Stealth Elf again just makes me cringe. Because they clearly don't know what we want.

So don't expect a day one patch for a reset function...that won't happen.
---
i am trash
#477 Posted: 14:03:26 30/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, TFB and VV try to listen... Wkth varying results... But Acti is the total apathy part of this that hinders both them and us.

I'll have to start asking everyone on ebay for the class to get those second hand crystals e_e I haven't ever used that part of listings before(just on MercadoLivre, constantly, because people have a phobia of descriptions), don't even know if most sellers use it either.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:04:09 30/09/2016 by Bifrost
#478 Posted: 14:30:28 30/09/2016
i'm not going to buy any crystals online.
#479 Posted: 14:37:27 30/09/2016
> ah cool
> "character on it"
> feelsbadman.jpg

You forgot to mention that they're selling it for 2-3 times market price, for something that will be widely available in 2 weeks... A Sensei is AU$19.95, so a single Crystal can't be more than AU$15. 9_9
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#480 Posted: 01:39:38 01/10/2016
Bad news Everyone...Creation Crystals work INSIDE of the packaging...found out by and tested and confirmed by GM today 09.29.16 at an Oz Video Game Event. Why is this bad? Because Battle Classes are NOT Resettable therefore if someone returns it, you will be stuck with the returner's selected Battle Class. Thanks Activision.

SCENARIO:

1. Mike buys a Creation Crystal from a store and does not open it, but chooses a Battle Class.

2. Mike returns the Creation Crystal to the store, and since the package is not opened, the store puts the Creation Crystal back on the shelf.

3. Frank buys that same Creation Crystal from the store, assuming it is new because the package isn’t opened.

4. Frank places the Creation Crystal on his Portal and finds out that the Battle Class is already set for him.

5. Because Battle Classes are NOT RESETTABLE, Frank is now stuck with whatever Battle Class Mike chose.

[img][User Posted Image][/img]

They are going to have to patch in the ability to reset just to stop all the complaints they will get from this.
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#481 Posted: 01:47:49 01/10/2016
[User Posted Image]

Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision, thinks non-resettable creation crystals are an OUTSTANDING idea!
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#482 Posted: 03:12:35 01/10/2016
Quote: Takadox360
They clearly don't want us to experience each battleclass without buying any additional crystals.

They don't care what fans want and what they don't want. They have no real connection to them. And even if they did they would only listen to the feedback of 8 year olds.

Whenever the say they are briging back "fan favourites" and it's Jet Vac or Stealth Elf again just makes me cringe. Because they clearly don't know what we want.

So don't expect a day one patch for a reset function...that won't happen.

Stealth Elf is at least a good character ( not to mention my personal favorite... )....unlike Eruptor, whose popularity I will NEVER be able to understand smilie I also will never understand the constant whining for PVP to return, I never cared for that crap...co-op and single player arena challenges are far more important anyways

on the crystals....yeah, Activision is greedy to the point of being either blind or retarded with the no reset thing. though TFB could be at least partly responsible too, as they still haven't learned how to properly handle difficulty selection compared to VV...among other problems I won't get into that you can find out about once Imaginators releases or by reading the spoilered parts in the thread about the early released copies...
#483 Posted: 19:37:49 01/10/2016
Involving this subject, I recently had an issue with my sister's Life Trap: The Portal kept having an issue with identifying it every time something had to be saved to it. I went about to find a way to reset the Trap, and knowing that Trap Team couldn't, I looked elsewhere.

I knew about Pyrofer's old Skylanders GUI Tool, and I thought that might help. I found out that the Reset option was edited out in later versions, so that was no help. Then I remembered that a 3DS Version of Skylanders could reset figures, so after trying SG 3DS and finding that that didn't work, I tried SSA. It found that the Trap had an issue, and so gave me the option to reset it. I did, an when I popped the Trap in STT, it was empty. That can only happen if it was fresh from the package, so it succeeded; I had a brand new, reset Life Trap.

What does this have to do with it? SSA 3DS might be able to reset the Creation Crystals! Although, it's not able to reset Skylanders from other games, just Traps. It just depends on how the 3DS version identifies the Creation Crystal from here. Maybe Shadow Storm, if he has the 3DS version of SSA, could see if it gives him the option to reset the Creation Crystal if he scans it in?
---
#484 Posted: 19:52:16 01/10/2016
How do you reset a Trap with a game that doesn't support Traps?
#485 Posted: 19:55:34 01/10/2016
Well, you position the area of the Trap with the black RFID chip right next to where the copper wire would be when the game prompts you to bring in a Skylander. After doing that, the game will ask if you want to reset the Skylander, or Trap in this case. Click the button, and you will have nothing enter the game. When you try using the Trap in the game, nothing will happen, as it is empty. Load it up with a Villain, and if it was evolvd, it won't be any more!
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#486 Posted: 22:36:04 01/10/2016
I have done this before with a broken trap and the 3DS game, but it only works if the traps data is corrupt. If its corrupt it will ask if you want to fix it, if it is not corrupt it will say that "the figure is not supported".
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#487 Posted: 23:27:53 01/10/2016
I guess that the 3DS Version is able to identify any corrupt Skylanders figure, regardless of the game they came from. Maybe we could find a way to make a Creation Crystal corrupt, which under any other circumstance I would never do. We just NEED to find a way to reset these $10 moneymunchers!
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#488 Posted: 23:32:35 01/10/2016
Wish Datel put out a program like they did with their amiibos. Also for them to keep the crystal situation in mind.
#489 Posted: 23:35:04 01/10/2016
I remember something about the pc version of SA made a few of my skylanders get corrupted.
The portal seemed to corrupt them if they fell on the side or something. Might be a way to purposely corrupt a figure there
---
#490 Posted: 23:38:23 01/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Someone got that by messing with specific magnets, but no one was ever able to reproduce it. It involved doing a lot of hat switching while disrupting the signal, if anyone's up for experimenting.
---
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#491 Posted: 23:38:27 01/10/2016
When you need to destroy your crystals in order to reset them
---
i am trash
#492 Posted: 23:44:15 01/10/2016
Someone got that by messing with specific magnets, but no one was ever able to reproduce it. It involved doing a lot of hat switching while disrupting the signal, if anyone's up for experimenting.

I'll probably give it a go , I was planning on dismantling a duplicate crystal anyway to see how it works and if I can switch and customise molds and crystals anyway, so I'll see if I can get the chip to corrupt , then I guess find a way to fix it lol.

But I think they've been getting better at protecting figures from corruption over recent years .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:19 01/10/2016 by B-BOB358
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#493 Posted: 23:46:33 01/10/2016
Quote: B-BOB358

I'll probably give it a go , I was planning on dismantling a duplicate crystal anyway to see how it works and if I can switch and customise molds and crystals anyway, so I'll see if I can get the chip to corrupt , then I guess find a way to fix it lol.

But I think they've been getting better at protecting figures from corruption over recent years .

Boy, I can't believe we're having to dissect these things to get them to do something they should have been able to do in the first place. Truly the smartest move Activision has done yet.
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#494 Posted: 00:56:17 02/10/2016
lol...just lol.

This is exactly what I was worried about (crystals being usable in the box). How many kids (and adults) are going to get hosed because someone took back a crystal they no longer want but already used...lol. Plus with no guarantee that the Imaginators will work in future games why bother investing. I'll eventually pick this game up but once it's heavily discounted.

I do appreciate those that found this info. out and shared it ahead of release...you guys saved me (and others) a lot of money. Sad part is this is the first Skylanders I won't get day one since they've just removed so many features I care about and the gimmick just keeps on getting more insulting with each entry.
#495 Posted: 01:09:38 02/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but it's one part of the game. ShadowStorm has gotten it early and his impressions are pretty good everywhere else - at least it's miles better than SC content wise, from what he said.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#496 Posted: 01:50:54 02/10/2016
I'm fully confident the buying public will make/create a solution if Activision doesn't.
#497 Posted: 02:39:28 02/10/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I'm fully confident the buying public will make/create a solution if Activision doesn't.

I certainly hope so, I already talked to my father (who is an electronic engineer) about this and he said it shouldn't be hard to wipe out data from Crystals; though he isn't sure we can do this without risking to damage the chip itself, if the older editors don't work.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#498 Posted: 02:54:44 02/10/2016
I recently tested a Trap again on the 3DS version of SSA again, and I assure you that it wasn't corrupted since it worked earlier on my brother's file of Trap Team, and it still gave me the option to reset it.

I don't know why, but it seems like that they may have been purposely designed to be reset with that version. Any other figure from future games just bring up the incompatible figure notice, except for the Traps. Who knows? TFB could potentially sneak in a way for us to reset the Creation Crystals with SSA 3DS.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#499 Posted: 04:26:21 02/10/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

I highly doubt it. I believe this was made clear when Paul Richie was trying to sell the fact that they didn't want to "overwhelm us with a sea of choices"...wut? They didn't need to do this. They had our money with Disney throwing in the towel and "create your own Skylanders"...now they've actually offended me. I've been here from the beginning so I know this game is very much pay to enjoy since everything with story mode can be completed in the box. Now we have Senseis, Blind Bag body parts and Creation Crystals that can't change class. They will most likely not work (as they will in Imaginators) in future installments (looking at traps and vehicles) on top of it being crazy expensive for this installment. This is just out of control. At this point I don't know what more they could do to let us know they don't care. It almost feels like they want this one to blow up in their face. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't hold your breath for a patch regarding the crystals.
First | Previous | Page 10 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me