darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 9 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#401 Posted: 21:35:34 20/09/2016 | Topic Creator
What? This never happened. VV is so much in the game that they actually developed the Wumpa Islands pack for Imaginators.

Also Acti has dozens and dozens of dev teams that they have control over to put in their place even if it happened.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:52 20/09/2016 by Bifrost
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#402 Posted: 21:41:42 20/09/2016
I swear I read an article about it in the first couple months of 2016, but all I can find now is an article saying that they had layoffs at VV in February due to the poor performance of SuperChargers and Guitar Hero Live over the holidays... I must have misunderstood when I read it then or misremembered it after the fact. But you're very much correct, I did see (while searching and failing to find proof for my previous claim) that VV did the work on Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#403 Posted: 21:41:49 20/09/2016
Dude, VV already said they're working on Sky7. They're not finished yet.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#404 Posted: 21:45:26 20/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: McMurderpaws
I swear I read an article about it in the first couple months of 2016, but all I can find now is an article saying that they had layoffs at VV in February due to the poor performance of SuperChargers and Guitar Hero Live over the holidays... I must have misunderstood when I read it then or misremembered it after the fact. But you're very much correct, I did see (while searching and failing to find proof for my previous claim) that VV did the work on Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.

Then you read it from some place making things up, because that also didn't happen. VV actually just had their studio heads leaving for other projects (read: VR gimmicks sounded more profitable), and the layoffs were just for GH - SC underperformed but didn't flop. Only other news from that time I remember is that N-Space, which did two of the 3DS games, shutting down, but that was unrelated.
---
#405 Posted: 21:52:33 20/09/2016
Edited my previous post to remove my wrongness. The shaaaaame. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:48 20/09/2016 by McMurderpaws
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#406 Posted: 13:09:18 21/09/2016
https://imgur.com/a/035ih

More proof that Resettable Creation Crystals are a thing now??? One image is of a Tech Knight and Tech Ninja from the same event. From what I can tell, there was only one Tech CC given to him. There weren't any others in the pictures I saw! Sooooo...

#407 Posted: 13:20:13 21/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Could still be devkit.
---
#408 Posted: 13:25:39 21/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Could still be devkit.

I would be agreeing with you more if we didn't have a huge French Skylanders fan getting confirmation that this was possibly a thing.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#409 Posted: 14:54:41 21/09/2016
Quote: defpally
Well, I'm wondering if they are just asleep at the wheel over at TfB. They apparently blame the decline in sales on Superchargers not being up to snuff, and not a Guitar Hero situation and the passing of a fad. Which is strange given Infinity outright died, Amiibos went WAY down and Lego apparently thinks they can only move packs and not a new game. They are giving away Skylanders 3 for 1 at most stores just to get rid of them. Gamestop had to clearance out chase variants.

When people get a hold of it and realize they have to buy more crystals to try out Battle Classes, there will be blowback. Parents actually do pay attention to this stuff, and will refuse to buy more. TfB is going to have a rude awakening if they think they are going to sell all this plastic simply because they are developing this year's game. People aren't going to buy tons of crystals at the start, and when they discover they have to such an obvious cash grab will destroy any chance they have of recapturing interest. When the market is falling all around you, you don't make things worse with such arbitrary limitations.

Paul Reich is a fool if he is basing his views of the limitation solely on kid play tests. Parents like me are the ones they need to convince. And unlike me, many of them will walk into this unaware. They are clearly trying to avoid this discussion in hopes they can get into houses before people figure it out.

Yo Def,
Real quick, I agree on your last two paragraphs (that's already happened in my house - both my wife and myself have stated we aren't throwing money at them), but I'm iffy on the first paragraph.

SC was SUPER lackluster, but its not burnout. My...hesitation with this game isn't about burnout either - SC was SUPER bloody lackluster, and while Trap Team was pretty solid, not only has the franchise felt in decline since after Giants, but its reached a level of diminishing returns financially. Through Trap Team, I have everything non-chase variant, including multiple poses from the same year for like Bumbleblast, and I have all the variants. But SC made me realize how much money was being wasted. I knew it wasn't a great investment, and I didn't take it that way, but I realized Iw as spending $10 on physical DLC, that I simply wasn't using...outside of one or two characters who weren't reposed (like Ghost roaster/Boomer until the elite thing), I never used a figure the following year...Kaos Challenge exempt because "Defense!" (and frankly that was just a random figure I'd put on for a moment, then take off). SC was so bad frankly put, that I STILL have characters in the package that I ahvne't even bothered to open to play - because it would mean playing SC again - so they are waste of money. I know and understand that I'm not the norm, but I can't help but feel as though if I'm feeling as though its a waste - other parents feel the same. There is no "use the cahracters you already have", its "just buy more", its more about selling figures, than selling games.

Also - DI was doing well, it just wasn't doing AS well as Disney wanted, and frankly with the properties they own, DI absorbed too much of their resources to truly take advantage of them (properties - notable SW and Marvel).

Amiibos...yeah those fell off because Nintendo didn't plan well. They got hot as collectors items, not as functional toys, then they try and milk bad games like Animal Crossing...and STILL don't have a real purpose. I have all three yarn Yoshi's (which cost MORE) and all they do is give me a clone for Yarn Yoshi. That's less about market burn out - and more about just an overall bad design/no point.

Lego - you can't hold the lack of a sequel from them. from the get go, they said they weren't planning on following the model of Skylanders - they planned on 'one game' with add-ons - to essentially validate the $100 price tag. Personally I am irritated that the new sets cost as much as a new game anyway. I understand "The Lego tax", but my goodness...

My over arching point being that it isn't flat out burnout. The failings have been because of actual FAILINGS, w/ Disney's success simply not being as strong as they would want. Those microtransaction dollars from like Champions - are simply too good (despite the game being trash, I want my Marvel vs Capcom back).
- Unreall
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#410 Posted: 20:39:04 21/09/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Dude, VV already said they're working on Sky7. They're not finished yet.

Need a source on that claim.
---
bye
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#411 Posted: 22:30:31 21/09/2016
I sent a mostly sarcastic "can you reset them tho??????????????????" reply to the newest twitter post about the crystal overview trailer, and activision support dm'ed me with "at this time we are currently unable to answer your question about resetting imaginators"

so i just sent them the entire bee movie script
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#412 Posted: 22:59:00 21/09/2016
Well, at least that answer is a bit more opened to interpretations than the "no" we got from Paul.
At this point I wish you can print your custom Skylanders at home, so that we can still have all our characters at once even if Crystals aren't resettable.

I'd simply need a 3D printer, but I think my dad wanted to buy one anyway.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#413 Posted: 23:07:38 21/09/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
I sent a mostly sarcastic "can you reset them tho??????????????????" reply to the newest twitter post about the crystal overview trailer, and activision support dm'ed me with "at this time we are currently unable to answer your question about resetting imaginators"

HAHAHAH great job ZapNorris LOL

yup, we'll also keep bugging them with Reset The Battle Classes text.

Good onya mate.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#414 Posted: 23:15:08 21/09/2016
Quote: Portal___Master

Good onya mate.

thanks. I still have the DM on my twitter... and for some reason, they're listening.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#415 Posted: 07:52:22 22/09/2016
Quote: Portal___Master

Good onya mate.

I fail to see how this is funny or how it will help the fans be taken seriously.
---
bye
#416 Posted: 08:38:19 22/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Pretty much. You'll just get yourself blocked and make them ignore us even more, congrats for immaturity?
---
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#417 Posted: 20:46:46 22/09/2016
Ignore us even more? How?, also avoiding to answer a direct question is as immature as sending the Bee movie scrip just saying.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#418 Posted: 20:48:16 22/09/2016
Quote: Akseyomiht
Ignore us even more? How?, also avoiding to answer a direct question is as immature as sending the Bee movie scrip just saying.

Not if fans keep sending them pointless messages all because Acti can't respond regarding the crystals.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#419 Posted: 20:49:30 22/09/2016 | Topic Creator
They answered it, but avoided it. Now that he pretty much decided to ****post, gave them a reason for them to not respond at all.
---
#420 Posted: 20:50:10 22/09/2016

They won't see it that way, though. They'll use stuff like this to write off the very real concerns that people have. If you were a racist person and said nasty things about black people, would you be more likely to change your mind if a random black dude came off the street and beat you up for spouting hateful things? OF COURSE NOT! Same concept applies.
#421 Posted: 20:50:57 22/09/2016
They answered it, but avoided it. Now that he pretty much decided to ****post, gave them a reason for them to not respond at all.

Immaturity at its finest.

I hope they don't think all fans are like this because of one's immaturity.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:59:23 22/09/2016 by Aura24
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#422 Posted: 20:57:55 22/09/2016
Quote: Aura24

Immaturity at its finest.

I hope they don't think all fans are like this because of one's immaturity.

Depends on if anyone else actually does something like that. I don't see why they would though, unless people sending them the Bee Movie script is a normal occurrence for them.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#423 Posted: 21:13:30 22/09/2016
If you decide to not respond to a SIMPLE REALLY SIMPLE question about goods you are selling like a 5 years old kid who broke his mom vase, you deserve to be mocked up. If they don't want to make crystals resettable its their call but at this a MONTH before release there is not point for this BULI**** response.

At this point they aren't going to change his mind so everybody who wants to spam activision feel free to
do it until they give an honest answer.
#424 Posted: 21:14:54 22/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but they're the ones with the answer. You want their respect? Respect them back, even if you hate them to the core. That's how it works when you're talking with someone holding what we want, as much as we just want to scream and make them know how angry we are. Maturity.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:16:10 22/09/2016 by Bifrost
#425 Posted: 21:21:57 22/09/2016
If you decide to not respond to a SIMPLE REALLY SIMPLE question about goods you are selling like a 5 years old kid who broke his mom vase, you deserve to be mocked up. If they don't want to make crystals resettable its their call but at this a MONTH before release there is not point for this BULI**** response.

At this point they aren't going to change his mind so everybody who wants to spam activision feel free to do it until they give an honest answer.

You don't know how this works.

From the looks of it, you had spammed or raged at people before and got what you wanted through immaturity. That's not going to work with the game support nor the employees handling the Skylanders game pages. They can't answer questions of certain issues when they don't have the A-okay nor know any knowledge about. You aren't going to get your answers by being a brat.
---
#426 Posted: 21:23:22 22/09/2016
I don't want their respect (and they were the ones to be disrespectfull many times), I just want to be answered a simple question about a product they are trying to sell me so I can make a decision, thats all.

I'm not going to span because there is no point to it other than feel catharsis, but there is no reason to not to, if they want to harm their own sales because people on the internet its okay.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:06 22/09/2016 by Akseyomiht
#427 Posted: 21:25:22 22/09/2016
I don't want their respect (and they were the ones to be disrespectfull many times), I just want to be answered a simple question about a product they are trying to sell me so I can make a decision, thats all.

Then obviously you are the impatient type. Wait until release before demanding around to get your way.
---
#428 Posted: 21:37:58 22/09/2016

Then obviously you are the impatient type. Wait until release before demanding around to get your way.

No, you go ask third parties about overall quality never about general expecifications about the product thats the seller work.
Quote: Drawdler
But you're basically asking for them to respect you as a consumer by asking them to reveal information that would inform you about the game and help you reach a decision. They're not obligated to do it at all, no matter how frustrating or scummy you think that is.

Are we discusing semantics now?
#429 Posted: 21:40:03 22/09/2016

No, you go ask third parties about overall quality never about general expecifications about the product thats the seller work.
But you're basically asking for them to respect you as a consumer by asking them to reveal information that would inform you about the game and help you reach a decision. They're not obligated to do it at all, no matter how frustrating or scummy you think that is.

No, we're discussing you going about protesting this the wrong way. Spam and Anger will get you NOWHERE! If you want to be heard, you have to tackle the issue with a modicum of respect and decency.
#430 Posted: 21:43:32 22/09/2016
*pulls up a seat*

[User Posted Image]
#431 Posted: 23:45:32 22/09/2016
i cannot believe i started an internet flamewar because of the damn bee movie script
#432 Posted: 23:52:24 22/09/2016
i cannot believe i started an internet flamewar because of the damn bee movie script

Correction: Your gloating about sending the script in response to not getting the answer you wanted started this war.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#433 Posted: 05:38:14 23/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

No, we're discussing you going about protesting this the wrong way. Spam and Anger will get you NOWHERE! If you want to be heard, you have to tackle the issue with a modicum of respect and decency.

This is Activision we're talking about. The only thing they listen to is $$$. I mean come on this will be the 6th entry and they suddenly feel the need for evasion and secrecy (in truth it's probably more that they just don't care lol)? After the news dropped about the crystals no being re-settable I canceled my pre-order. Publishers like E.A. and Acti. bank on us consumers throwing our money at them with pre-orders (basically blind buying their product and hoping for the best). Since they don't feel it's important to provide us with the info. we need to make an informed purchasing decision, I've refused to give them my money up front and will wait for reviews and coverage of this reset issue. I'm not telling people to not purchase the game or that I won't eventually purchase the game. I'm simply letting them know that they no longer have my confidence. The most powerful message you can send to a video game publisher is with your wallet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:41:12 23/09/2016 by Tigorus
#434 Posted: 12:35:52 23/09/2016
If you "punish" them using your wallet they are going to cancell the series, remember that if you want more skylanders the next year. DI got killed because they make more money licensing shovelware that fragile are Toys to life games.
#435 Posted: 12:39:51 23/09/2016
If you "punish" them using your wallet they are going to cancell the series, remember that if you want more skylanders the next year. DI got killed because they make more money licensing shovelware that fragile are Toys to life games.

I'm still going to buy the game, just not the Crystals. I don't want to support something that will ultimately screw over the consumer
#436 Posted: 12:53:07 23/09/2016
So I'm not the most informed on the gtame right now (on purpose, avoiding getting swallowed in), but two questions...

Is there anyway to demo the different battle classes?

And

Outside of 'special effects', do the elements actually affect anything gameplay wise? Will water types freeze/slow down bad guys? Are air faster? Does fire leave some kind of DoT effect?

I wasn't going to get the Dark edition, but would love a dark character however I also don't want to waste the crystal on a class I end up not liking (1) and (2) I can't tell if its even worth caring about what element it is.
- Unreall
#437 Posted: 13:02:30 23/09/2016 | Topic Creator
We're hoping the creator app can do it, but for now, no demos, just a trailer on class selection.

The elements indicate their secondary attack. Stats are decided by class iirc, but the secondary attack can be used to compensate - we've seen Water guys use ice blocks, Undead characters can eat souls , etc ,but you have to choose that ability. The elementally-aligned crystals no one's complaining about, since there's four things to choose from and you can switch at any time.

Only way to know is watching gameplay for now, and yeah, it sucks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:04:04 23/09/2016 by Bifrost
#438 Posted: 15:18:09 23/09/2016
To build a little more on what Bifrost just said, there are TWO specific reasons to use different elemental crystals:

1) The character's secondary attack is tied to the element. All Imaginators of the same element, regardless of class, have the same 4 secondary attacks to choose from. You get 2 upon creating the character, a third when you reach level 2, and the last when you reach level 5.

Here are the elemental attacks we know of so far (though note they aren't set in stone until the game actually launches):
  • DARK: Black Hole, Dark Mist, Smoke and Shadows, <unknown>
  • FIRE: Burning Dash, Tri Flame, Explosion, Meteor Strike
  • LIFE: Vine Bloom, Wool Over Your Eyes, Poisonous Pestilence, Flower Power
  • MAGIC: Time Bubble, Trick Teleport, <unknown>, <unknown>
  • UNDEAD: Tombstone Timber, Last Laugh, Soul Stealer, Virus

• 2) The elemental Creation Crystals each unlock a themed costume set. The Undead crystal, for example, unlocks the Werewolf costume options.
    #439 Posted: 15:21:44 23/09/2016 | Topic Creator
    Chances are the costume set might not even be needed though; even with that set there's still Wolfgang parts for everyone else. Since you can scroll over the locked parts to see where they're from, just pick the elements you think you need.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:22:11 23/09/2016 by Bifrost
    #440 Posted: 18:24:23 26/09/2016
    Great info - thanks.
    So hopefully day 1, we can get someone to showcase the different powers.

That setup actually intrigues me a bit, I'm all about synergy, but I'd really need to 'see' everything, before I'm willing to commit to anything. And frankly, I have NO problem buying multiple crystals if it is worth it,, if I really like what dark can do with black hole, and it blends well with say brawler and quickshot, I'll get two...no problem. I'm not trying to be cheap and ridiculous about only having one set of crystals, but they really need to bridge the gap somehow - either provide more information upfront (demo cough cough) for the classes/crystals or let us reset. Based off what they've done previously though, best I can hope for is being able to put a crystal on the display and watching a 20 second clip of the moves being done. I'd be OK with this for the crystal powers, but the classes are...another level. Maybe the week before it comes out I can do a bunch of digging and figure out what I need to plan that 'day'. Feels real weird, NOT spending globs of money on Skylanders this year...
    - Unreall
    #441 Posted: 18:52:09 26/09/2016 | Topic Creator
    Also, since I've been seeing people blame it on Paul Reiche entirely, just wanted to post this here.

People who entered the fandom in SC, I can't stress enough how he's the opposite of Guha Bala. His face very much shows he isn't happy with keeping some stuff unexplained or hastly worded, and despite the usually stern expression he really lightens up with some questions he can give hints. It's been this say all the way back in Giants and Trap Team with him, which makes me truly believe it's Acti's fault and they just let him take the blow.
    ---
    HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
    #442 Posted: 19:55:46 26/09/2016
    Also, since I've been seeing people blame it on Paul Reiche entirely, just wanted to post this here.

People who entered the fandom in SC, I can't stress enough how he's the opposite of Guha Bala. His face very much shows he isn't happy with keeping some stuff unexplained or hastly worded, and despite the usually stern expression he really lightens up with some questions he can give hints. It's been this say all the way back in Giants and Trap Team with him, which makes me truly believe it's Acti's fault and they just let him take the blow.

David Rodriguez, Lou, I-Wei, and Paul are the best.
    ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    #443 Posted: 20:00:15 26/09/2016
    I know it's unrelated, but i just love the fact that Paul just fully acknowledges that we all know about Grave Clobber. I don't know why but I find that super funny!
    AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
    #444 Posted: 20:09:40 26/09/2016
    Quote: TheToyNerd
    I know it's unrelated, but i just love the fact that Paul just fully acknowledges that we all know about Grave Clobber. I don't know why but I find that super funny!

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
    ---
    Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
    Check this out! Please?
    Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
    #445 Posted: 20:13:14 26/09/2016
    Quite clever of him to ask Yroc if he knew. That way, he didn't have to say it himself.
    ---
    Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
    Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
    I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
    budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
    #446 Posted: 19:56:35 29/09/2016
    I seriously can't believe this is legit. What an awful awful decision.
    Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
    #447 Posted: 01:21:54 30/09/2016
    Bad news Everyone...Creation Crystals work INSIDE of the packaging...found out by and tested and confirmed by GM today 09.29.16 at an Oz Video Game Event. Why is this bad? Because Battle Classes are NOT Resettable therefore if someone returns it, you will be stuck with the returner's selected Battle Class. Thanks Activision.

SCENARIO:

1. Mike buys a Creation Crystal from a store and does not open it, but chooses a Battle Class.

2. Mike returns the Creation Crystal to the store, and since the package is not opened, the store puts the Creation Crystal back on the shelf.

3. Frank buys that same Creation Crystal from the store, assuming it is new because the package isn’t opened.

4. Frank places the Creation Crystal on his Portal and finds out that the Battle Class is already set for him.

5. Because Battle Classes are NOT RESETTABLE, Frank is now stuck with whatever Battle Class Mike chose.

[img][User Posted Image][/img]
    ---
    smilie
    Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:01 30/09/2016 by Portal___Master
    First | Previous | Page 9 of 13 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me