darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 8 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#351 Posted: 22:08:03 08/09/2016
Everyone keeps saying Crystals are $10, is this confirmed, or just speculation?
---
Dead
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#352 Posted: 22:17:06 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Confirmed. We just don't know the prices on double/triple packs iirc.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#353 Posted: 00:15:32 09/09/2016
Well, I'm wondering if they are just asleep at the wheel over at TfB. They apparently blame the decline in sales on Superchargers not being up to snuff, and not a Guitar Hero situation and the passing of a fad. Which is strange given Infinity outright died, Amiibos went WAY down and Lego apparently thinks they can only move packs and not a new game. They are giving away Skylanders 3 for 1 at most stores just to get rid of them. Gamestop had to clearance out chase variants.

When people get a hold of it and realize they have to buy more crystals to try out Battle Classes, there will be blowback. Parents actually do pay attention to this stuff, and will refuse to buy more. TfB is going to have a rude awakening if they think they are going to sell all this plastic simply because they are developing this year's game. People aren't going to buy tons of crystals at the start, and when they discover they have to such an obvious cash grab will destroy any chance they have of recapturing interest. When the market is falling all around you, you don't make things worse with such arbitrary limitations.

Paul Reich is a fool if he is basing his views of the limitation solely on kid play tests. Parents like me are the ones they need to convince. And unlike me, many of them will walk into this unaware. They are clearly trying to avoid this discussion in hopes they can get into houses before people figure it out.
#354 Posted: 00:23:29 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator
SC not being good "helped" a ton. There'd be some decline nonetheless, but not this, if the game was as good as the others on content. The addition of an overworld in SI is definately going to help the small chapter number, but they could increase it tenfold if they allowed us to go crazy on the creator.

Both TFB and VV put insane faith in their kid testing, it's not one guy. Remember that Stormblade's design decision was a single kid thinking the animals in a fantasy game had to be realistic(and she looked great as a colorful peacock,c'mon) ; and while kid testing IS important as they discussed in a panel, on things like level design and keeping kids from wandering around instead of solving the puzzle(some of the feedback they wrote down actually baffles me like kids being unable to go through a door because the room has too many things on the ground pointing elsewhere, but hey, children), it shouldn't be the end-all, because at the end they'll forget it existed when the next cool thing shows up.
Either have a fandom presence that's more than Activision Assist showing up for bug testing, or call some veteran fans there to test and drown them in NDAs just in case, just don't be apathetic. Worse than PR screwups, it's acting like we don't exist or are brain-dead.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:26:28 09/09/2016 by Bifrost
TaeKwonCrow Green Sparx Gems: 233
#355 Posted: 18:36:45 09/09/2016
Why the hate for Superchargers?
---
*looks up at icon*
GO HOME, BUCKSHOT, YOU'RE DRUNK
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#356 Posted: 18:41:37 09/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
SC not being good "helped" a ton. There'd be some decline nonetheless, but not this, if the game was as good as the others on content. The addition of an overworld in SI is definately going to help the small chapter number, but they could increase it tenfold if they allowed us to go crazy on the creator.

Both TFB and VV put insane faith in their kid testing, it's not one guy. Remember that Stormblade's design decision was a single kid thinking the animals in a fantasy game had to be realistic(and she looked great as a colorful peacock,c'mon) ; and while kid testing IS important as they discussed in a panel, on things like level design and keeping kids from wandering around instead of solving the puzzle(some of the feedback they wrote down actually baffles me like kids being unable to go through a door because the room has too many things on the ground pointing elsewhere, but hey, children), it shouldn't be the end-all, because at the end they'll forget it existed when the next cool thing shows up.
Either have a fandom presence that's more than Activision Assist showing up for bug testing, or call some veteran fans there to test and drown them in NDAs just in case, just don't be apathetic. Worse than PR screwups, it's acting like we don't exist or are brain-dead.

I was confused by that, but I think it was actually adorable that kids pointed that out.

What confuses me if, why not just make Stormblade male instead, keeping the peacock design and make another male Supercharger female (like Smash Hit or High Volt)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#357 Posted: 13:10:33 17/09/2016
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! According to Vavache.fr, the decided to finally listen to the fans and allow the crystals to be resettable!

Quote: Google Translation of the Article
I think there is a misinterpretation of the facts. Once a Skylanders created, you can subsequently change its appearance and carcatéristiques with customizable items you unlock, but you can not change its class. However, if you completely remove the data from the crystal, you can create a new class that you want.
#358 Posted: 13:19:45 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
IF THIS IS TRUE

The "it was just a misunderstanding" feels like enough of a backpedal for it to be true, though I'll be waiting for more sources first.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:04 17/09/2016 by Bifrost
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#359 Posted: 13:19:52 17/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! According to Vavache.fr, the decided to finally listen to the fans and allow the crystals to be resettable!

I think there is a misinterpretation of the facts. Once a Skylanders created, you can subsequently change its appearance and carcatéristiques with customizable items you unlock, but you can not change its class. However, if you completely remove the data from the crystal, you can create a new class that you want.

I'm assuming "completely remove the data" is just a mistranslation of "reset"?

Either way, I feel like there have been just as many articles saying they're resettable as the ones that have said otherwise. I don't know which to believe, but I'm planning out my classes just in case.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#360 Posted: 13:23:39 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Fireworks could help out with the translation, but from what I can tell my the similarity with portuguese and spanish, they indeed said "there has been a misinpretation of how the crystals work".
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#361 Posted: 13:36:50 17/09/2016
If that's true, then I'm guessing you just can't reset your Imaginators unless you claim ownership of them? Because that's how you name them, if I'm not mistaken, so I guess it'd make sense.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#362 Posted: 13:39:05 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
From the timing of the article, they possibly added that after Gamescon. Logic does say you need ownership though, or kids will reset each other out of spite.

Updated the OP since this is our first real proof they might change their minds. If this happens, man, they could probably get their sales up in no time, because we'd keep the incentive of having multiples to save time rather than being forced to.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:41:05 17/09/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#363 Posted: 14:03:13 17/09/2016
Again, not getting my hopes up but I'll post here a video which probably got lost in the General Discussion: it's from the french event but actually shows a previously occupied Crystal being emptied without apparently removing it from the Portal.

Could be an absurd coincidence or maybe they used a dev tool, though.

If, and I repeat if this is true... OH BOY.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:27 17/09/2016 by Drek95
#364 Posted: 14:06:31 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
That one seemed like a dev tool, however, it did do the usual Reset process of acting like you just put it on the portal.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#365 Posted: 14:13:37 17/09/2016
That one seemed like a dev tool, however, it did do the usual Reset process of acting like you just put it on the portal.

That's my doubt.

Whether it was done using a normal in-game option or a dev-exclusive tool, that Crystal definitely got resetted without even touching it.
It would be incredible if they switched it with an identical one, and not only placed it on the exact same spot on the Portal but also facing the exact same way.

I just wish Activision itself could be clear about this.
Paul was firm in his words, but it's still just two replies on a floating article.
We never really heard a strong "No, you can't and never will".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#366 Posted: 14:36:15 17/09/2016

YESS !!
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#367 Posted: 14:48:35 17/09/2016
I don't think that was a Dev Tool... they put the Crystal on the portal and he was holding the controller the whole time so I don't know.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#368 Posted: 14:50:37 17/09/2016
Hm, this looks kinda interesting. I hope the article is right. I really hope.
---
Bruh
#369 Posted: 14:53:00 17/09/2016
However I saw a package Who Intrigue Me , Because this was to look Imaginators UN Pack , Rectangular, but containing 3 figurines Old : 3, Whirlwind and Zoo Lou Prism Break .
it's from vavache.fr !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
#370 Posted: 15:00:47 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trighap52
However I saw a package Who Intrigue Me , Because this was to look Imaginators UN Pack , Rectangular, but containing 3 figurines Old : 3, Whirlwind and Zoo Lou Prism Break .
it's from vavache.fr !

Hm, so they introduced it to several french press, including these two. Yeah, this supports that resets were just added.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#371 Posted: 15:01:15 17/09/2016
The google translation is, for once, accurate. This is how I would have translated myself:

"There is, I believe, a bad interpretation of facts. Once a Skylander is created you can subsequently change his appearance and features with the customizable elements you have unlocked, but you can't change his class. However, if you totally remove the data of the crystal, you will be able to create a new skylander of whatever class you wish."
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#372 Posted: 15:30:30 17/09/2016
Quote: angelg
The google translation is, for once, accurate. This is how I would have translated myself:

"There is, I believe, a bad interpretation of facts. Once a Skylander is created you can subsequently change his appearance and features with the customizable elements you have unlocked, but you can't change his class. However, if you totally remove the data of the crystal, you will be able to create a new skylander of whatever class you wish."

I speak french so I think he said that if you remove the data from the crystal you can choose another class I'm sure he meant by removing the data reset
---
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#373 Posted: 18:49:57 17/09/2016
so technichly the crystels are resettable and this entire headich about it was a complete bulls#!@$
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#374 Posted: 18:51:07 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't exactly understand what you're saying, but they told us they weren't for all this time, just this article says that it was a misunderstanding and they were resettable.
---
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#375 Posted: 18:59:44 17/09/2016
Quote: angelg

Yes, that is a pretty good and accurate translation.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#376 Posted: 19:10:15 17/09/2016
If this happens to be true, then IMAGINATORS IS SAVED!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#377 Posted: 19:51:05 17/09/2016
WOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOPWOOP YESSS
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#378 Posted: 20:03:55 17/09/2016
If it is Activision doing a presentation, they they can reset the classes behind the scenes. Don't jump to conclusions or you will be even more disapointed when you play the game at home. I don't want to be negative especially when it comes to Skylanders, but this is a case where you should expect the worst.
---
bye
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#379 Posted: 20:06:49 17/09/2016
OH YEAH BAY-BEE
#380 Posted: 20:20:38 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
If it is Activision doing a presentation, they they can reset the classes behind the scenes. Don't jump to conclusions or you will be even more disapointed when you play the game at home. I don't want to be negative especially when it comes to Skylanders, but this is a case where you should expect the worst.

The article talked about it as if it's something you can regularly do. Again, not confirmed yet, but the wording is promising.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#381 Posted: 20:53:14 17/09/2016
They really made it seem like it was absolutely impossible to switch, so I still have my doubt. I sure hope that the article really is right though.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5398
#382 Posted: 20:59:45 17/09/2016
If so, I'm glad to know we can experiment.
---
Soon.
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#383 Posted: 21:17:01 17/09/2016
Now all we need to do is spam Activision with #AddBodiesAndLegsForNinjasAndSwashbucklers
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#384 Posted: 21:20:20 17/09/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun
Now all we need to do is spam Activision with #AddBodiesAndLegsForNinjasAndSwashbucklers

That is actually impossible at this point... The game comes out in a month! There is no way to physically animate and code that
#385 Posted: 21:22:43 17/09/2016

That is actually impossible at this point... The game comes out in a month! There is no way to physically animate and code that

They could easily re-use the leg code of other battle-classes.
---
#386 Posted: 21:23:30 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Yup, resets are just adding an existing functionality. From the early Quickshot screenshots, they did indeed plan for everyone to have several styles, but clearly couldn't finish that in time.

It's not an "easy reuse", it's entirely different animations.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:55 17/09/2016 by Bifrost
#387 Posted: 21:28:53 17/09/2016
It seems that you might be able to choose whether to have a torso or not because the
Brawler Class Doomlander has the same body type as a Ninja.
---
#388 Posted: 21:28:53 17/09/2016

They could easily re-use the leg code of other battle-classes.

That's not how videogames work... You have to animate and individually code those different body types. This is not something that can be fixed in a month.

It seems that you might be able to choose whether to have a torso or not because the
Brawler Class Doomlander has the same body type as a Ninja.

I think that was the original plan but they just didn't have enough time to implement it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:31 17/09/2016 by TheToyNerd
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#389 Posted: 21:56:52 17/09/2016
I've actually been thinking/ hoping the whole time that non resettable classes was only in reference to customisability.

Kinda like saying that a skylanders upgrade path is a final decision and you can't change it once you pick which one for a skylander.

The company doesn't really acknowledge "resetting" a character much ., even though it's a core part of the game.

I'm still not ready to stop beings Skeptical yet , but it's a good sign .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#390 Posted: 22:17:31 17/09/2016

well, yes & no...no time to do it for launch, but they could work on it post launch and have it done through a patch like Superchargers did with vehicle element gates appearing within stages and the whole C-MOR & Boom 5000 microtransactions thing ( not to mention the free level ups from the Supercharged Challenges & element zones, and removing the canon in the hub ). I doubt they'll actually do it, but they COULD.
#391 Posted: 22:31:43 17/09/2016 | Topic Creator
It really depends on contracts for their 3D modelers and animators. Patches fixing bugs after release is easy since those people won't immediately go on vacation, but for artists they might already be sent to another job. It's also why only one of the SC patches had actual new stuff added and not just moved around.
---
#392 Posted: 02:08:43 18/09/2016
I... may have spoken too soon. After rereading the translation, I realized I failed to read the whole context of the paragraph. Here's what the full paragraph reads translated.

Quote: Vavache.fr
If you are on the lookout for less information about the game, you may have heard a rumor about crystal creations, which are locked to a character class created after a first Skylanders . Yet at Gamescom and here , I could create my Skylanders choosing the class I wanted among the 10 proposed . I think there is a misinterpretation of the facts. Once a Skylanders created, you can subsequently change its appearance and carcatéristiques with customizable items you unlock , but you can not change its class. However, if you completely remove the data from the crystal, you can create a new class that you want.

Translation is a little bit wonky, but I think he assumes you can reset them because at the demos he played, he could choose the classes. It also doesn't seem like he asked a PR person if he could reset them... I mean, he's on Twitter if anyone wants to ask. Sadly, we can't celebrate just yet
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#393 Posted: 05:06:20 18/09/2016
They decided to make the price of the figures even higher this year in the Netherlands, this+higher price+the fail of Superchargers = no sales.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#394 Posted: 08:55:12 18/09/2016
Quote: Kevin16
They decided to make the price of the figures even higher this year in the Netherlands, this+higher price+the fail of Superchargers = no sales.

dont forget the chests in blind bags...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:56:03 18/09/2016 by CountMoneyBone
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#395 Posted: 13:46:50 18/09/2016
I... may have spoken too soon. After rereading the translation, I realized I failed to read the whole context of the paragraph. Here's what the full paragraph reads translated.

Quote: Vavache.fr
If you are on the lookout for less information about the game, you may have heard a rumor about crystal creations, which are locked to a character class created after a first Skylanders . Yet at Gamescom and here , I could create my Skylanders choosing the class I wanted among the 10 proposed . I think there is a misinterpretation of the facts. Once a Skylanders created, you can subsequently change its appearance and carcatéristiques with customizable items you unlock , but you can not change its class. However, if you completely remove the data from the crystal, you can create a new class that you want.

Translation is a little bit wonky, but I think he assumes you can reset them because at the demos he played, he could choose the classes. It also doesn't seem like he asked a PR person if he could reset them... I mean, he's on Twitter if anyone wants to ask. Sadly, we can't celebrate just yet

He still brings up "completely removing the data from the crystal to create a new class" though. So maybe he got more hands-on time than other people did... I don't know at this point, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#396 Posted: 20:56:35 20/09/2016
Yup, resets are just adding an existing functionality. From the early Quickshot screenshots, they did indeed plan for everyone to have several styles, but clearly couldn't finish that in time.

And thats why they should just delay their games for once just to make everything better.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#397 Posted: 21:02:46 20/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Theeey should. But Acti doesn't like practices that allow for more quality if they can sell rushed out of the door.
---
#398 Posted: 21:07:43 20/09/2016
Quote: Kevin16

And thats why they should just delay their games for once just to make everything better.

I feel like Acti should let VV and TFB take a break next year and employ Beenox to remake Skylanders Spyro's Adventure... I'd buy that! Wouldn't you buy that? Plus, it gives both teams 3 years to work on the next game instead of 2.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#399 Posted: 21:29:39 20/09/2016

I feel like Acti should let VV and TFB take a break next year and employ Beenox to remake Skylanders Spyro's Adventure... I'd buy that! Wouldn't you buy that? Plus, it gives both teams 3 years to work on the next game instead of 2.

Benox can't port games correctly much less remake a game, leave them do 3Ds stuff, What activision need to do its not schedule releases and give developers the time they need even if that means delays.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:24 20/09/2016 by Akseyomiht
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#400 Posted: 21:32:14 20/09/2016

Strangely enough, that's a theory I recently had as well...

<Redacted text here because I was under the mistaken impression that Activision had pulled Vicarious Visions from doing additional Skylanders games> I suspect they'll do a Spyro's Adventure/Giants combo HD re-release for Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U & Nintendo NX, along with re-running some of those old figures that they already have molds and RFID chip codes for.

HD remakes of Xbox 360/PS3 games have been making a lot of money this past year, and you know Activision wants in on that too. It'd be extra great if the re-release versions supported the characters from the newer games as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that one...

Edited: Removed a chunk of wrongness.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:13 20/09/2016 by McMurderpaws
First | Previous | Page 8 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me