darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 317 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15801 Posted: 15:01:48 13/09/2016
Not exactly.

One thing is changing opinion basing on recent news, which may or may not impact the gaming experience directly, and maybe start discussing about it with the other members.
I wanted to let my creativity run wild and experiment like a mad doctor with the Crystals, but the most recent news made me understand I simply can't.

Another is talking about the same character over, and over, and over again without adding anyhing to the discussion and simply to use the "Gill Grunt is the god of Skylands" meme for the sake of it.

As for Senseis, while I don't like their design limitations I love how they are still varied and fresh: Chopscotch is small and cute, Ambush is tall and serious, Tri-Tip is bulky and goofy, Air Strike is short but determined and so on.
Almost all of them are big but they are all unique, just like the Trap Masters, and the armors are sorta like this year's Traptanium weapons.

Yet I still cannot help but feel like Skylanders would be much better without a specific theme tying some of them together, and I feel like Cores were the way to properly express creativity at its best.
I won't lie, I think part of the magic vanished with the "removal" of the concept of Cores, for me.
I would just like to have them at least one more time, to see if that was truly the problem.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:51 13/09/2016 by Drek95
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#15802 Posted: 15:10:39 13/09/2016
Quote: Drek95
Regarding the SuperChargers themselves, I'll wait to try them out in Imaginators before judging their movesets properly.
They all felt good but the game simply doesn't encourage me to play with them.

Design-wise I am not a fan of them, mostly for the same reason why the Senseis can't be my overall favorite line-up: all humanoids or upright, all wearing similar garments and all having a common theme.

Yeah, that's pretty much my issue with Superchargers too... It'll be nice to have vehicles resigned to the racing mode so i can use the Superchargers in a dedicated "on foot mode... But I DO so hope that I can still "supercharge" them by putting their vehicles on the portal.

Not exactly.

One thing is changing opinion basing on recent news, which may or may not impact the gaming experience directly, and maybe start discussing about it with the other members.
I wanted to let my creativity run wild and experiment like a mad doctor with the Crystals, but the most recent news made me understand I simply can't.

Another is talking about the same character over, and over, and over again without adding anyhing to the discussion and simply to use the "Gill Grunt is the god of Skylands" meme for the sake of it.

He's not saying they're the same thing. He's saying he finds the former as annoying as everyone else finds the latter.

Quote: King-Pen Krazy
It's basically what you guys think of that stupid gill grunt rant, which I wasn't here for.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:15:52 13/09/2016 by juarmo
#15803 Posted: 15:21:27 13/09/2016
I know, I was simply explaining why they weren't nearly as annoying in my eyes.
Probably could have worded myself better.

I surely hope we can still supercharge the SuperChargers as well: with Senseis having a specific gimmick power (hopefully) tied to them, I think they might have finally understood how to make older Gimmicklanders valuable in the future.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#15804 Posted: 16:08:22 13/09/2016
I used to find it annoying that all the Senseis are bipedal, but TfB really knows how to make varied designs, whereas VV usually just has one or two designs that stand out. Now I hardly notice that all the Senseis are supposed to follow a set design! The only thing that DOES bug me about TfB's design process is the fact that EVERY FEMALE SKYLANDER HAS THE SAME FACE.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#15805 Posted: 16:38:02 13/09/2016
The website update could happen any day now...

[User Posted Image]
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#15806 Posted: 17:16:50 13/09/2016
I just thought of something...
Can Sensei Shrines be opened by the same Sensei?
Like if you open a Sentinel Shrine with Barbella in one level, can you open one in another level using Barbella as well?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10318
#15807 Posted: 17:19:58 13/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Like if you open a Sentinel Shrine with Barbella in one level, can you open one in another level using Barbella as well?

We don't know yet, we've never seen shrines being opened twice by a character. Considering they unlock Sensei parts, I'm wary.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#15808 Posted: 17:24:11 13/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Either you can, or you can't but you can find them in the overworld
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#15809 Posted: 17:46:33 13/09/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I used to find it annoying that all the Senseis are bipedal, but TfB really knows how to make varied designs, whereas VV usually just has one or two designs that stand out. Now I hardly notice that all the Senseis are supposed to follow a set design! The only thing that DOES bug me about TfB's design process is the fact that EVERY FEMALE SKYLANDER HAS THE SAME FACE.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

There's also Starcast having four arms. But aside from them, most of them are bipedal. Most Gimmicklanders have two arms and legs, probably because:

Giants needed two arms to lift heavy objects, pull islands, etc. Bouncer and Ninjini worked, but dragon Giants were out of the question. Four-armed and four-legged could of works, but I'm not so sure.

Swappers needed to swap, so again, dragon Swappers were almost impossible. However, although not a traditional dragon, Fire Kraken was introduced. Spy Rise was technically a quadruped, but again, not in the traditional sense. A few other Swappers like Doom Stone and Rattle Shake were also non-bipedal. Magna Charge does only have one hand, however, so four-armed Swappers could of been possible.

MostTrap Masters had to be able to hold weapons. However, Blastermind didn't need to hold his, so dragons could of been possible. When Superchargers was announced, I thought dragons could of had cannons on their backs (or a similar weapon), and this could also apply for Trap Team. Wildfire was also a bipedal lion, and although there have been similar bipedalised (I know that's probably not a work but IDGAF) gimmicklanders (like Stink Bomb), I think Wildfire is the most notable.

As I said before, Superchargers could of easily added dragons (see bolded above). Thrillipede is also the first four-armed gimmicklander.

You can swap out "dragons" for any other four-legged animal without hands if you want. But having no hands is what I think has stopped dragons from becoming gimmiklanders (besides STT and SSF).

And although no-hands is likely the reason there aren't any dragons in SI, the cannon-on-back could of worked for Bazooker.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#15810 Posted: 18:40:41 13/09/2016
Yeah, but bipedal vs. quadruped isn't all there is to character variety. Shapes are what makes a difference. Ambush has thick legs to thin arms compared to, say, Tri-Tip; Chopscotch has very triangle-y arms to support the way she drags the axe occasionally, while Air Strike has huge fists to support Birdie. The tiny things make the difference, and VV didn't get this no matter how many sketches from Dave clearly trying to show them were made.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#15811 Posted: 18:59:04 13/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, but bipedal vs. quadruped isn't all there is to character variety. Shapes are what makes a difference. Ambush has thick legs to thin arms compared to, say, Tri-Tip; Chopscotch has very triangle-y arms to support the way she drags the axe occasionally, while Air Strike has huge fists to support Birdie. The tiny things make the difference, and VV didn't get this no matter how many sketches from Dave clearly trying to show them were made.

At least Nightfall's hands are small.
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#15812 Posted: 19:16:13 13/09/2016
The thing is, we don't need to find workarounds to have dragons as gimmicklanders, we could just have them bipedal.
Superchargers basically proved Dragons don't need to be bipedal and can still work, Spitfire for all intents and purposes is a dragon, and just replacing his tail with legs would not be a deal breaker nor make it impossible for him to fit on a box, maybe in a few cases they might have to make the wings a bit shorter or put them in a weird angle, but going by Spitfire's example, a dragon as a gimmicklander is far from impossible.
And even then, for the sake of variety, they could always do a Wyvern styled dragon, like Vathek.
#15813 Posted: 19:40:51 13/09/2016
Well, dragons can be bipedal as well as shown by Fire Kraken: they could do the same with occidental dragons, such as Classic Spyro's elders.
And while upright quadrupeds, such as centaurs or more specifically Mysticat and Dr. Krankcase help they still cannot replace four limbed quadrupeds.

Swappers were really the only Gimmicklanders which had to all be upright, they could have found a way to make some fully quadrupeds Trap Masters, Senseis and especially SuperChargers.
Guess I'm simply getting tired of these weapon-themed Gimmicklanders.
Why can't we come back to Skylanders such as Prism Break, Drill Sergeant, Pop Fizz or even Pop Thorn and Rocky Roll, which simply... Happened?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#15814 Posted: 19:44:34 13/09/2016
Quote: Deja Vu

At least Nightfall's hands are small.

That and Spitfire's body makes him pretty memorable,though I wish the augments weren't too tacked on.
But lemme demonstrate with pictures. This is what Nightfall and Astroblast were in sketches:

[User Posted Image]
Nightfall at some point was really varied in shape, lacking hands and toes entirely, a large head, and being MUCH more slender than most female characters. While she's still short which allows for a more distinct look, you see a lot was lost.

Astroblast's are the craziest you could get. Star, Ninjini-like, tiny and neckless. Then in the end he became exactly every Swap Force design ever - standard body, polygon face, big hands, odd muscles.

You really can't blame these on Dave A. Phillips; he's clearly trying. Seems like the rest of VV is at fault.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#15815 Posted: 19:45:38 13/09/2016
I agree. Even with all these different Sensei designs, I still feel that cores have a lot more diversity. It's mostly because they aren't all fitting to a certain theme.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:31 13/09/2016 by Spyro Lover122
#15816 Posted: 19:58:29 13/09/2016
Quote: Spyro Lover122
I agree. Even with all these different Sensei designs, I still feel that cores have a lot more diversity. It's mostly because they aren't all fitting to a certain theme.

Exactly.

I wish both artists just started thinking "what would be cool to see and play as...?", without having to worry about shapes, themes, weapons or such.
It almost looks like the devs want to limit themselves.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8478
#15817 Posted: 20:05:22 13/09/2016

Exactly.

I wish both artists just started thinking "what would be cool to see and play as...?", without having to worry about shapes, themes, weapons or such.

More complex models mean more money put into the game?

Maybe it takes more time to make?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#15818 Posted: 20:08:34 13/09/2016
On topic of imaginators, anyone know where these pictures were found? I'll try to use that good Splatterpillar shot for the wiki.
---
#15819 Posted: 20:10:44 13/09/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Exactly.

More complex models mean more money put into the game?

Maybe it takes more time to make?

Probably more time, but I don't think it would required more money.

It's just an assumption, but I guess making smaller and better painted/more complex figures would require the same amount of money needed to make bigger and simplier sculpts.
That being said, the models themselves are always quite impressive even when they lack painted details.

No idea about those pictures, Bifrost.
Never seen them before.
Is that an upgrade for Barbella's weapon or just weird perspective?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:09 13/09/2016 by Drek95
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#15820 Posted: 20:21:12 13/09/2016
On topic of imaginators, anyone know where these pictures were found? I'll try to use that good Splatterpillar shot for the wiki.

A bunch of foreign IGN articles have those up. I think the foreign Skylanders sites have the pages up as well.
#15821 Posted: 20:24:59 13/09/2016
That's a start, but IGN's search engines are garbage; still can't find anything even throwing this on Google.
---
#15822 Posted: 20:28:22 13/09/2016
That's a start, but IGN's search engines are garbage; still can't find anything even throwing this on Google.

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/n...exclusiva-66984

Here, I found an article with images
#15823 Posted: 20:30:03 13/09/2016
Huh, Hobbyconsolas was the one with the clean footage of them, weird this wasn't showing up. Thanks bro.

Unfortunately the Splatterpillar isn't clear enough, but screw it these pics are going into the wiki anyway.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:07 13/09/2016 by Bifrost
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#15824 Posted: 22:12:25 13/09/2016
Just a question...

Was their any actual evidence as to why a bunch of people assigned the name "Buckshot" to the tech bowslinger ?

Isn't the name "buckshot" more descriptive of the light bow slinger? Seeing as "Buck" is the word used to describe male goats, deer Etc.

[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#15825 Posted: 22:19:24 13/09/2016
Buckshot is also a spread shot, I think? So it fits both them and "Tidepool", if that's not her actual name.
---
EliteSpyroFan Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#15826 Posted: 22:32:38 13/09/2016
You can have a spreadshot with other bowslinger imaginators and maybe Wolfgang. Plus buckshot isn't necessarily tech-like.
#15827 Posted: 22:33:11 13/09/2016
Ooo a shot gun term . I guess with our run of generic names buckshot could be anyone, but hopefully it's the light bow slinger so it has some extra meaning.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#15828 Posted: 22:54:58 13/09/2016
That's not Light, it's Magic.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#15829 Posted: 23:07:51 13/09/2016
Anyone know when the Best Buy preorders open I remember preordering a bunch of wave 1 stuff because I had the gamers club and everything was 20% off
#15830 Posted: 23:10:43 13/09/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude

Good point. We get two senseis for each class and we know magic has a bowslinger.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:30 13/09/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
#15831 Posted: 23:13:20 13/09/2016
There's no Light Sensei other than Aurora.
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3689
#15832 Posted: 23:13:50 13/09/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Good point. We get two senseis for each class and we know magic has a bowslinger.

So, as of now, we know nothing about the light sensei from my knowledge

Didn't you see the blurry poster? Only one sensei and a villian for light+dark and Bowslinger is magic
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#15833 Posted: 23:13:58 13/09/2016
There's no Light Sensei other than Aurora.

Shh shh shh shh

HIHD is dumby. I had a brain fart!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:40 13/09/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
#15834 Posted: 23:17:45 13/09/2016
CALM DOWN LADY THESE ARE UNRELEASED

No news other than a screenshot but I think she hasn't noticed none of these are up on amazon yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:18:50 13/09/2016 by Bifrost
#15835 Posted: 23:20:59 13/09/2016
Said screen shot.

[User Posted Image]
---
#15836 Posted: 23:23:23 13/09/2016
Awesome! he can ride the falcon . She doesn't look to thrilled about it though lol .

Yeah sorry my bad. I knew that lol.
White and gold is just burned into my mind as the light element, it's a hard habit to break lol.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:24:48 13/09/2016 by B-BOB358
#15837 Posted: 23:26:54 13/09/2016
BIRDIE IS A BOY
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#15838 Posted: 23:29:53 13/09/2016
Why Air Strike's face is so... Bizarre in this image?
---
Bruh
#15839 Posted: 23:31:27 13/09/2016
Quote: Crash10
Why Air Strike's face is so... Bizarre in this image?

Dreamworks grin. Thankfully it's not his default expression.

Birdie was said to be male in the backstory, an easy to miss "him" was used.
---
#15840 Posted: 23:32:23 13/09/2016
Wow, Air Strike keeps getting cooler and cooler. He might just be my favorite Air Skylander! Granted, I hate most Air Skylanders so, I guess there wasn't really a contest.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15841 Posted: 23:32:28 13/09/2016
Air Strike reminds me of the Emperor tamarin monkey.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#15842 Posted: 23:33:31 13/09/2016
AAAAAH!

Still no artwork and still no Mysticat ;-;
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5505
#15843 Posted: 23:34:15 13/09/2016
There's also this
[User Posted Image]
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
iceflow76 Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#15844 Posted: 23:54:16 13/09/2016
So I tried pre-ordering the Crash Adventure pack from that Swedish site. Their international shipping doesn't go to the US. Seems the EU + UK is the limit of their international shipping. Oh well.
---
Characters Owned: 131 of 131 (100%) (Bring on Superchargers)
Figures Owned: 209 of 268 (77.9%)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#15845 Posted: 23:57:42 13/09/2016
Air Strike is definitely one of the best this year. Can't wait to get him.

Just a question about the bundle: Would it arrive at my place on the day the game releases, or would I have to wait a few days after to get it? I'm fine with waiting if it means I get the Chompy-Mage early.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#15846 Posted: 00:02:53 14/09/2016
I think the bundle releases on the same day as the game, right? If that's the case, it should reach on the same day as other characters or Starter Packs you pre-order on Amazon.
---
Bruh
ToonLink04 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1384
#15847 Posted: 00:03:52 14/09/2016
Everybody loves air strike... and you all hated him when he was first reviled
---
He's going to kill me the first chance he gets, Turtle realized. I'm going to die.
#15848 Posted: 00:04:45 14/09/2016
I still don't like Air Strike himself,but Birdie is kewl.
---
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#15849 Posted: 00:05:15 14/09/2016
I'm still not the biggest fan, but I've definitely warmed up to him.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15850 Posted: 00:05:19 14/09/2016
Quote: Aura24
Air Strike reminds me of the Emperor tamarin monkey.

HE DO!

[User Posted Image]
First | Previous | Page 317 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me