darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 7 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#301 Posted: 22:54:58 28/08/2016
So wait, Imaginator's original level cap isn't just Level 1?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#302 Posted: 22:55:52 28/08/2016

T4G cast has a rant up now. it starts at the 42 minute mark.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#303 Posted: 23:07:24 28/08/2016
Quote: MugoUrth
Plus, I'm still kind of ****ed that stuff like this only happens to franchises I like. I would love to see overrated franchises get dealt blows like this, but no, only franchises I like.

dumb bs happens to a lot of franchises....This idiotic and inconsiderate decision by Activision makes 3 games in a row with bad decisions in Skylanders ( Traps were excessive, vehicles took way to much focus away from the Skylanders, and both games basically required the new toys while our older toys did squat, while also not bothering to ****ing release all the toys everywhere ). But other examples include Nintendo's obsession with gimmicky controls in everything ( Star Fox Zero is completely unplayable, at least for me....and Skyward Sword & the DS Zelda games are among the worst ), plus they dumbed down Paper Mario while removing all RPG aspects & uniqueness and they still have yet to do anything worthwhile with amiibo ( and yes, the proper plural of amiibo is amiibo ). Then there's what Square/SquareEnix has done with Final Fantasy, not to mention how terrible Chrono Cross is to it's amazng predecessor....Halo had local couch co-op completely removed from Halo 5, Metal Gear drastically changed it's gameplay to the point my MGS obsessed friend has barely even touched Phantom Pain ( not to mention all the other terrible decisions Konami has made in the last decade smilie ), Capsom basically killed Mega Man and hasn't put out a decent Breath of Fire since IV on PS1 ( and let's not forget the disc locked content sold as DLC debacle with SF X Tekken & the botched release of Street Fighter V )...I could go on but I think I've ranted enough lol
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#304 Posted: 03:53:50 29/08/2016
If they had to do crystals reset they would've had to delay the game in the process to its not easy to coding the crystal. And if they did it then the game would get delayed. Over a crystal reset
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#305 Posted: 04:56:19 29/08/2016
At this point I think I'm canceling my pre-order. I'm not saying I'm not getting the game eventually. I'm just not as excited as I was. This not resetting thing really took the wind out of my sails. I'll still pick it up once the holiday sales hit. The Senseis don't interest me at all since they're really just more Skylanders. The Imaginators were still Skylanders but they were our creations with supposedly limitless options. Again I'm not saying I'm not getting it just not in a hurry any more.
#306 Posted: 05:34:26 29/08/2016
Few people ive seen lost their hype over a crystal reset?

Weird just think a design and make the character it's that simple not really hard unless your those people who don't enjoy 1 class just get the amount of battle classes and choose one class per crystal per element. And you'll have 1 class per each crystal for each element
---
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3100
#307 Posted: 05:41:36 29/08/2016
Quote: sky-dragon
If they had to do crystals reset they would've had to delay the game in the process to its not easy to coding the crystal. And if they did it then the game would get delayed. Over a crystal reset

They could've saved time by, I don't know, CODING IN THE RESET BUTTON RIGHT AWAY!!
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
#308 Posted: 06:04:00 29/08/2016
Quote: S2 Swap Force

They could've saved time by, I don't know, CODING IN THE RESET BUTTON RIGHT AWAY!!

Mybe they weren't that aware of this. Like they say every game not best there's always going to be a mistake to disappoint fans. Coding not a charm either it hard work doing it too if they did the coding the game would've been released in mid of October since it would've been delayed
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:06:12 29/08/2016 by sky-dragon
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#309 Posted: 06:55:47 29/08/2016
You clearly don't have a grasp on the situation.

The figures don't have coding, they only store data. Also, TfB already have software capable of resetting Crystals, they even had it inside the game (in their dev tool menu) during E3 and obviously during development, but removed it before Gamescom, where they used a separate program to wipe Crystals.

When the code already exists, it's extremely simple to just add it in with a tiny patch, no delays required.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#310 Posted: 07:13:15 29/08/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
You clearly don't have a grasp on the situation.

The figures don't have coding, they only store data. Also, TfB already have software capable of resetting Crystals, they even had it inside the game (in their dev tool menu) during E3 and obviously during development, but removed it before Gamescom, where they used a separate program to wipe Crystals.

When the code already exists, it's extremely simple to just add it in with a tiny patch, no delays required.

This.
Only wait an see if they keep the reset or not
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:15:44 29/08/2016 by sky-dragon
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#311 Posted: 09:40:15 29/08/2016

Weird just think a design and make the character it's that simple not really hard unless your those people who don't enjoy 1 class just get the amount of battle classes and choose one class per crystal per element. And you'll have 1 class per each crystal for each element

Not all my hype, because the game still looks great and the characters seem fun, but I indeed lost a lot of my hype concerning the Imaginators.

What you say makes sense, and I suppose that's what in TfB and Activision's mind as well but just think about this: what if I'm not satisfied with my creation and would like to try out a different Class for the same Element?
Should I buy a Crystal each time I want to try something new for, say, Fire?

No, sorry.
They aren't Skylanders, even if they want us to think so: I wanto to choose if buying more Crystals of the same Element or not, and not being forced to simply to test more Classes.
The fact there isn't a way to save Imaginators and switch them was already a dumb decision.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#312 Posted: 11:38:56 29/08/2016

No it wouldn't delay the game. Resetting a crystal is simply setting the bytes back to what they were on a newly shipped one. It would take like no time to code or add a menu option/confirmation. And even if it would you could add it to the inevitable Day 1 patch. Please do not comment on coding difficulty unless you actually know software development.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#313 Posted: 11:52:35 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, you don't need extensive knowledge,just observing how the footage was going. FGTV was the only one that ran into an used crystal mid footage, but it'd be awkward if he got an... Inappropriate looking imaginator because he didn't know the crystal was occupied. Of course they had a reset in the devkit and early versions for the press.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#314 Posted: 13:37:54 29/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Well, you don't need extensive knowledge,just observing how the footage was going. FGTV was the only one that ran into an used crystal mid footage, but it'd be awkward if he got an... Inappropriate looking imaginator because he didn't know the crystal was occupied. Of course they had a reset in the devkit and early versions for the press.

This is going to be a problem, unless they add a signal blocker (like Amiibos). People can buy a crystal, use it then return it with potentially wildly inappropriate character and name, then an unsuspecting parent buys it - and finds out you cannot reset it. Can't wait until the game shows up on the evening news where some young kid gets a crystal that has been previously loaded. People are creative, just look at some of the things they came up with in Spore.

Not to mention the problem of even if it isn't inappropriate, buying a returned crystal that has the Battle Class already selected. At a bare minimum, taking ownership should clear a crystal out.

I get a feeling they haven't really thought this through in their zeal to sell more stuff. All they have to do is put in a Reset, and fans will be happy and potential PR nightmares will be minimized.
#315 Posted: 13:46:16 29/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't think you can get as "free" as in Spore, but you can make quite the uh... Tillitating characters because of the butt and muscle sliders. I think FGTV in his video actually narrowly avoided that, because the character was at max leg size, but they were wearing baggy pants instead so it's not something that he'd have to immediately take out so his kids wouldn't notice. But I definately don't want to be the parent that gets Foxy Grandpa's aunt already in the crystal with huuuge tank top chest and backside.

But *knock on wood*, if they start removing parts because of the perversion potential we'll get half the list that we'd have. So if they made that bed, they better lie on it. But resets would save soooo much grief.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:50:51 29/08/2016 by Bifrost
#316 Posted: 14:42:02 29/08/2016
It would be simple to avoid (mostly). When you place a crystal on the pad that you do not have ownership over, you get a choice - use the character as is, or reset and take ownership. Almost everyone (especially kids) would immediately take ownership of a new crystal and blank out any previous creations from returned crystals. When you take your creation to a friend's house, you obviously wouldn't select to take ownership.

I would prefer they not limit creation options as a crutch to keep people from making inappropriate monstrosities and then returning the crystals.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#317 Posted: 14:48:30 29/08/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf
Not an achievement,but the trend was that you could get all of them with the starter pack. I think SuperChargers went against that for the final Emblem achievement, but you could buy only one extra toy and max out everything else, not several.

how did the 12 gold emblems achievement require buying extra toys? only 4 require extra purchases to hit gold, the 3 racing stars emblems and the vehicle mission stars emblem. Unless you have crappy internet and/or nobody to play co-op with you can easily get 12 without any more money getting spent

PSST!
You're forgetting the Elemental Gate Emblem. That adds up to FIVE emblems. Meaning you can only get 11 emblems without extra purchases.
in other words, you have to buy either A. a few extra vehicles, or B. an expansion pack
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#318 Posted: 15:12:25 29/08/2016
Quote: juarmo
Quote: ChillStealthElf
Not an achievement,but the trend was that you could get all of them with the starter pack. I think SuperChargers went against that for the final Emblem achievement, but you could buy only one extra toy and max out everything else, not several.

how did the 12 gold emblems achievement require buying extra toys? only 4 require extra purchases to hit gold, the 3 racing stars emblems and the vehicle mission stars emblem. Unless you have crappy internet and/or nobody to play co-op with you can easily get 12 without any more money getting spent

PSST!
You're forgetting the Elemental Gate Emblem. That adds up to FIVE emblems. Meaning you can only get 11 emblems without extra purchases.
in other words, you have to buy either A. a few extra vehicles, or B. an expansion pack

D'oh! You're right...can't believe I forgot that one.
#319 Posted: 16:38:48 29/08/2016

Yes cause buying 100 crystals that might not even work in the next game makes since...???

I was already going to buy one crystal of each element with the understanding that if I didn't like the class I could simply reset it since I can't try the class before I choose it. I was o.k. with this because I safely assumed that I could just reset to change the Battle Class. Since you can't try before you decide and you can't reset I don't how they expect anyone to be o.k. with this. I just feel bad for all the kids that are going to button mash past that permanent decision screen and will be stuck...forever.
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#320 Posted: 21:40:45 01/09/2016
I'm really not happy about this news either. I was planning on just getting two extra character creation crystals, and constantly changing them till I find which suit me the best (although I've been planning on sticking with an Undead Quickshot). I'm extremely poor, and I have some awful illness related things that's making my money tighter. Getting just the two, is pushing it. At this point, I'm kind of considering not even buying the game anymore... even with Crash, Kaos, and Cortex.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#321 Posted: 03:13:39 02/09/2016
Just don't buy any creation crystals. Pretend that they went back to the series' roots and aren't having a big gimmick this year.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#322 Posted: 03:20:54 02/09/2016
From the looks of it, crystals aren't even needed to play through Story Mode. So if you guys are still fussy over the non-rest, just don't touch the crystals besides the one you get from the Starter Pack.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#323 Posted: 03:44:47 02/09/2016
Oh I'm fussy because character creation has always been my favorite gimmick in a video game, and very few games have ever done it right. I had over five hundred hours in Soul Calibur V, and half of those hours went into making some really impressive characters. I even got character requests all the time.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#324 Posted: 03:42:48 03/09/2016
Quoting this from the General Discussion:

Quote: Chompy-King257
So, I found this comment made by someone on one of SCL Matt's blogs:

"I have been told under pretty reliable authority (writer for Kotaku.com and skylander fan) that the crystals are NOT locked. Here is what he said after I emailed him asking if he heard about the lock,

"What Activision meant is that once you choose a class it is set unless you delete the character and start over. If you create a Ninja, you can change its appearance and powers al you like, but it remains a ninja while in existence. If you delete the character from the crystal and start over, you can choose a different class. "

So there is a decent chance that we will not need 100 crystals to try everything out."

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is an active user on Matt's site, so he could be trustworthy.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#325 Posted: 03:48:45 03/09/2016
Quoting this from the General Discussion:

So, I found this comment made by someone on one of SCL Matt's blogs:

"I have been told under pretty reliable authority (writer for Kotaku.com and skylander fan) that the crystals are NOT locked. Here is what he said after I emailed him asking if he heard about the lock,

"What Activision meant is that once you choose a class it is set unless you delete the character and start over. If you create a Ninja, you can change its appearance and powers al you like, but it remains a ninja while in existence. If you delete the character from the crystal and start over, you can choose a different class. "

So there is a decent chance that we will not need 100 crystals to try everything out."

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is an active user on Matt's site, so he could be trustworthy.

[User Posted Image]
I know the picture not skylanders related but to show how I felt reading it
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#326 Posted: 03:53:11 03/09/2016
if that's real then activision just saved themselves big time
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#327 Posted: 04:00:22 03/09/2016
Well, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions yet, but maybe Activision changed their minds after the backlash. Maybe it's a Day 1 Update. Who knows?
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:58 03/09/2016 by Crash10
#328 Posted: 05:03:22 03/09/2016
That would be great news (and frankly what we all originally expected) if it's indeed the case. If we get some kind of official comment I'll place another pre-order. Otherwise it's wait for the sales. Thanks for posting the news though.
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#329 Posted: 05:39:02 03/09/2016
Let's pray to Pepper Jack this is true
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#330 Posted: 05:51:33 03/09/2016
Well I'm glad that people are happy that they can re-set crystals if they want. It didn't really bother me when I thought I couldn't re-set a crystal. Was I the only one?
---
Any last wishes?
#331 Posted: 05:51:39 03/09/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Just don't buy any creation crystals. Pretend that they went back to the series' roots and aren't having a big gimmick this year.

But Sensei's still have Sky Chi!
That gives them a gimmicklander card!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#332 Posted: 08:54:56 03/09/2016
Back to reality.

The comment from the Kotaku writer about deleting Imaginators, that was most likely months ago when reviewing the demos for the first time, when it was possible to reset like some people said in this topic earlier.
---
bye
#333 Posted: 12:13:33 03/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, we're not out of the woods just yet. But if so, oh my god yes.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#334 Posted: 12:24:48 03/09/2016
Quote: Drawdler
HOPEFULLY we can delete them in the hub?

This is what I'm hoping as well, and I still hope for a way to save and switch Imaginators freely as well.

Maybe not inside the editor, but it could act like a slightly strategic mechanic similar to traps: there is an "Imaginator Room" of some sort in the Academy and before entering a level you can choose which character you want to use.
That way you would have rapid access to any Battle Class you previously played with.

They could come up with a downside though, to encourage people not to take this decision frequently: for example switching a character would completely erase his progresses, except for maybe the Experience because some parts are tied to that.

Or maybe our storage unit is that Creation App which was found in E3 videos.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#335 Posted: 12:47:18 03/09/2016
That would be great if all the Activision reps just misspoke, we would love that, but unfortunately there is more evidence at this time about unresettable Crystals (Activision CEO, Gamescom, etc) than that comment (tried to find the comment on SCL website, couldnt).
Here's hoping Acti can and will patch in a Reset button.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#336 Posted: 13:03:18 03/09/2016
We haven't seen the hub yet, so maybe there will be something there to reset our crystals.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#337 Posted: 13:09:51 03/09/2016
*claps*

Well done TFB, you could have just saved your butts from this.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#338 Posted: 15:27:25 03/09/2016
wouldn't be interressing to have some stuff like a vault in the hub so you can stuff with imaginator that you created without deleting everything and recreat it all
---
THE END IS NEAR
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#339 Posted: 17:05:49 03/09/2016
I'm still expecting them to be non-resettable, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

True, I didn't consider that. We can just pretend that Sky Chi is the main gimmick. And hell, it's the main gimmick that will carry forward, since Creation Crystals probably won't do much in future games.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#340 Posted: 21:33:48 04/09/2016
I am both glad and disappointed. Glad cause it might be great news that you can reset Crystals (Which is not official). Disappointed cause my method of resetting traps using the TV is useless to crystals. Oh Well, That just the glitch I've found a long time ago and yet, I've not sure I might do it correctly to other TVs than Panasonic. It is good to shout it out smilie but if that never happen there's always the method
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:38:17 04/09/2016 by Dalton977622
#341 Posted: 22:15:48 05/09/2016
I'm still expecting them to be non-resettable, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

True, I didn't consider that. We can just pretend that Sky Chi is the main gimmick. And hell, it's the main gimmick that will carry forward, since Creation Crystals probably won't do much in future games.

It'll be difficult to pretend that when Imaginators are the titular gimmick, at least with Trap Team, the title alluded to both Trapped Villains AND Trap Masters, hence it being called Trap Team, as it alludes to a team of Trappers and those Trapped

(Speaking of which, I hope we can still Supercharge Superchargers by putting a matching vehicle on the Portal during normal gameplay... Certain characters really benefit from the boost in Health and/or DPS)
---
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#342 Posted: 23:02:20 05/09/2016
Quote: Pickle

No, we must pray to Senpai Hood Sickle that it is true.
Hoodisicklism shall spread.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#343 Posted: 23:08:48 05/09/2016
Everyone, arm yourselves with War Scythes and we shall burn Activision to the ground.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:38 05/09/2016 by Kat-Kun
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#344 Posted: 00:23:44 06/09/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun
Quote: Pickle

No, we must pray to Senpai Hood Sickle that it is true.
Hoodisicklism shall spread.

"Dat undead reaper might have'a GIANT WAR SCYTHE, but that nothin' compared ta' mah cutlary I use is da kitchen. Anotha' point dat I jest may add, i don't wear'a bag ova mah head, boy! HOOWEE! you jest got ROASTED Hood Sickle!" -Pepper Jack
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#345 Posted: 20:07:01 07/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Skylanders Creator App announced, nothing yet there. We'll see if this does any good to the issue.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#346 Posted: 20:17:50 08/09/2016
An interview that Metro put up mentions the Crystal issue. Paul is still doubling down on the decision...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/08/...dicoot-6117001/
#347 Posted: 20:25:46 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh Reiche, we saw the ****ing 22 part limit on Swashbucklers instead of the like over 60 legs.. Kids didn't, that's not "more content than you think it has". This also pretty much confirms they won't ever think of an ingame reset, considering the guy brought up paying for resets and Paul Reiche didn't budge.

I'm less worried about the stupid response as usual and the 'we'll always make the games for the next generation of kids' which is exactly how you kill a franchise. No attachment, no people to introduce new players, no increase in sales in the long run. Nintendo is blind to a lot of things but they always try to keep a foot on their veteran fans when they're not screwing up in general.

Ugh this backwards thinking of 'be apathetic to your fans at all times until it benefits you' makes me just want to drop looking up coverage altogether. Nobody deserves this on their favorite franchise.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:48:57 08/09/2016 by Bifrost
#348 Posted: 21:22:25 08/09/2016
Oh Reiche, we saw the ****ing 22 part limit on Swashbucklers instead of the like over 60 legs.. Kids didn't, that's not "more content than you think it has". This also pretty much confirms they won't ever think of an ingame reset, considering the guy brought up paying for resets and Paul Reiche didn't budge.

I'm less worried about the stupid response as usual and the 'we'll always make the games for the next generation of kids' which is exactly how you kill a franchise. No attachment, no people to introduce new players, no increase in sales in the long run. Nintendo is blind to a lot of things but they always try to keep a foot on their veteran fans when they're not screwing up in general.

Ugh this backwards thinking of 'be apathetic to your fans at all times until it benefits you' makes me just want to drop looking up coverage altogether. Nobody deserves this on their favorite franchise.

The interviewer gave up WAY to easily. He had him cornered. This whole "no class is bad" is such a stupid response. People change classes in games because they decide it isn't how they want to play the game, not because it isn't viable to play.

And basing what is fun on what a focus group of kids that aren't paying for their choices isn't going to help them. Parents are going to be FURIOUS they have permanent choices in the crystals. And when kids ask their parents for more because they cannot change it, parents are going to return them and be really upset. You buy a new figure of a battle class you don't have and find out you cannot make one unless you buy a new crystal? Yeah that's going to go over well, Paul.

If they put this is and don't patch it out like right away, the franchise will be dead by Thanksgiving. People aren't going to go out and keep buying crystals to try all the options, they will simply stop buying Skylander stuff. Expecting people to drop $10 every time they want to create a character in a game all about creating characters is ludicrous. They are already fighting an uphill battle due to the decline of TTL, forcing people to buy excessive plastic is the wrong way to go.
#349 Posted: 21:30:13 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't think the interviewer would've been able to push any longer, that last response was a clearly 'I'm not talking anymore about this'. Maybe FGTV or someone else who actually talks often would get something out of it, but not someone who probably won't remember his name by tomorrow.

Well, the villain figures will definately have to hold the fort. A mentality of only pandering to kids and only the people that are young THAT year is as poisonous, as word of mouth isn't going to spread - just look at any social media response, they don't care what happens to the franchise nor what could be the consequences as long as they can get the cool figure, because kids obviously won't really know any better and their parents buy them the things or don't buy them and ignore the tantrum. You need to keep your veteran fans to keep going 'hey there's this cool series with the plastic waifus' to their younger friends, and that's how it has worked with every family friendly franchise.

I brought up 'wow I chose a really bad favorite franchise' jokingly a few months earlier, but it's depressing to think that's exactly what's happening. I love it, I want it to do nothing more than grow and reach more people, but seems like no one working on it at the higher spots actually wants anything but immediate results.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:32:37 08/09/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 7 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me