darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 264 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 262 263 264 265 266 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13151 Posted: 02:45:21 22/08/2016
My thing is that Imaginators is suffering little issues in the same way that Trap Team and SuperChargers suffered. Small decisions that broke good part of the game.

It happened with Traptanium Gates. It happened with Land Vehicles. It's happening with Creation Crystals.

Again, there's a great chance the game will be as great as the others, but these small issues stop it from being perfect.

Funny is how I feel that all of those problems are Activision's fault, not Toys for Bob or Vicarious Visions...
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:58 22/08/2016 by Crash10
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#13152 Posted: 02:51:26 22/08/2016
Quote: XSparxX
Quote: Chompy-King257
I find it funny that a few days ago everyone was saying that this was the greatest game ever and now everyone's doing nothing but complaining about it.

Okay I don't know why .. But why is everyone complaining about this game?
I hope someone write me a spoiler free answer ....

Because of unresettable creation crystals and the game length
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#13153 Posted: 03:06:41 22/08/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Chompy-King257
I find it funny that a few days ago everyone was saying that this was the greatest game ever and now everyone's doing nothing but complaining about it.

Okay I don't know why .. But why is everyone complaining about this game?
I hope someone write me a spoiler free answer ....

• It's been confirmed that Crystals can't be reset at all and you can only choose ONE Battle Class for them. Unless there's some hidden lategame power to change them that you can unlock, this means that a character you make in a Crystal is permanently stuck with one Class. PERMANENTLY. Unless you use unauthorised tools to edit/reset the crystal or buy another Crystal entirely, then you're not gonna try the other classes in that element without spending a lot. We had no information on this until Gamescom and wouldn't have known about it without myskylanders and FGTV asking the devs themselves, because they never brought it up themselves.
  • (Possibly spoilers? But very minor) There seem to be only 10 levels.
  • There aren't really achievements suggesting extra modes, which has some people worried about endgame content.

It's mainly #1 because of how it blindsided us.

Thank you. smilie
Are 10 levels already confirmed? Swap Force had 12 and Superchargers 13 or?
I hope they are so long as Swap Force levels.

What is with locked areas? I don't have trust in TfB anymore since TT.
I can already hear Eons voice in my ears "You need a Sensei of the Ninja class to opened the gate" or "You need a magic Sensei to opened the gate"
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#13154 Posted: 03:18:47 22/08/2016
I hope it's not a short game .... I don't want to pay 99€ for a short game ....
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#13155 Posted: 03:34:22 22/08/2016
This game is gonna bomb. There's too many extremely significant mistakes, and I fear it comes from time restraints. I've said this before and I'll say it again; this needed another year of development.

I'm only interested in collecting the figures for the collectibility at this point, not the actual gameplay though.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#13156 Posted: 03:44:45 22/08/2016
I doubt this game is going to bomb, maybe it just won't do as well as Activision is expecting it too, which will hopefully make them realize they need to do something different.

Assuming the game does in deed sell as well as Superchargers.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#13157 Posted: 03:51:30 22/08/2016
Quote: Luminous35
We still need to keep everything spoiler'd for people who want to wait until the game comes out though. So spoiler everything.

No, this is a thread discussing news on an unreleased game. If you're in this thread, you expect there to be spoilers here. Don't want to be spoiled? Then don't come to this thread.

For me, this game will be awesome because it's a brawler again. They' are once again being too cute with the gimmick, so now I'm not necessarily tied to it anymore. I may be just fine using my 300 skylanders in a new playground and calling it a day. ESPECIALLY if there's little after the gmae to explore...so why spend so much on a one and out gimmick? We should be learning this by now.

Also folks, this thread is to report news, not to be your psychiatric thread. Go outside of here to do that.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:56:06 22/08/2016 by TakeYourLemons
deadpool_98 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#13158 Posted: 03:51:33 22/08/2016
To me, this game still looks EPIC!
Still super excited!
TaeKwonCrow Green Sparx Gems: 233
#13159 Posted: 04:22:11 22/08/2016
I don't get why people don't like Imaginators? It looks so good! The villain choices are kind of crazy, but maybe they will have really cool gameplay. Maybe, they will change stuff like permanant creation crystals if people complain enough? maybe it is just permanent the type of class you pick/element
---
*looks up at icon*
GO HOME, BUCKSHOT, YOU'RE DRUNK
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#13160 Posted: 04:53:56 22/08/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
We still need to keep everything spoiler'd for people who want to wait until the game comes out though. So spoiler everything.

No, this is a thread discussing news on an unreleased game. If you're in this thread, you expect there to be spoilers here. Don't want to be spoiled? Then don't come to this thread.

For me, this game will be awesome because it's a brawler again. They' are once again being too cute with the gimmick, so now I'm not necessarily tied to it anymore. I may be just fine using my 300 skylanders in a new playground and calling it a day. ESPECIALLY if there's little after the gmae to explore...so why spend so much on a one and out gimmick? We should be learning this by now.

Also folks, this thread is to report news, not to be your psychiatric thread. Go outside of here to do that.

Well sorry, but it's the rules. Even said by mods themselves. Sorry.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:54:17 22/08/2016 by Luminous35
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#13161 Posted: 05:28:24 22/08/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Well sorry, but it's the rules. Even said by mods themselves. Sorry.

Which reminds me. I will have my revenge on these so-called "rules" and the mod that is currently enforcing them (Buuzer), and everyone else who hates "spoilers" by making dozens of extra accounts and flooding this forum with Untagged spoilers, forcing my will upon at least Buuzer, who has to look at all of them, and anyone else who doesn't want to be spoiled. Cause I went Spoilee free last year, and let me tell you: it was a huge letdown! if you don't let getting spoiled get under your skin in the first place, not knowing the plot in advance doesn't detract from the experience THAT much. So once you're used to it, you will cease to care either way!
That is my theory, and I intend to use this community to conduct my experiments to TEST this theory!
Give it three years of being spoiled, and I'm sure you'll be relatively apathetic towards the concept of spoilers like "normal people"

i'm trolling/joking/****posting btw. I wonder how many people will ironically avoid this disclaimer because it's under spoiler tags. If I'm using spoiler tags, I'm obviously not being serious about not using spoiler tags.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#13162 Posted: 05:42:37 22/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I doubt this game is going to bomb, maybe it just won't do as well as Activision is expecting it too, which will hopefully make them realize they need to do something different.

Assuming the game does in deed sell as well as Superchargers.

The reviewers may point out the limitations of the crystals, but would overall critique the game based on other features.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#13163 Posted: 06:40:35 22/08/2016

I can already hear Eons voice in my ears "You need a Sensei of the Ninja class to opened the gate" or "You need a magic Sensei to opened the gate"

"You need a Sensei of the Ninja Class to unlock this Shrine" ;P
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#13164 Posted: 08:01:04 22/08/2016
Wait what game had very little levels but the levels went on for so long (think it was SuperChargers)? It could be the same with Imaginators... just saying.

I said no to Imaginators and still say no. As soon as I saw the whole imagination thing I was like, this isn't like a Skylanders game and then the Crystals got announced I'm like, glad I chose to opt out and the news is only going downhill from there (for me anyway). Crystals = Traps = Fiasco!
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:06:05 22/08/2016 by SilverWolf2308
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#13165 Posted: 08:18:44 22/08/2016
We're getting closer and closer to release, can we at least talk about the GOOD parts of the game and how amazing the rest of the game looks so far? Sure, there are bodiless ninjas and crystal controversies, but I won't let that ruin the experience for me. I like to look at how much more goodaspects the game has than bad aspects. Personally I am more hyped than ever to finlly create my own lineup of Imaginators and I don't think I'll make it to October 16th smilie
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#13166 Posted: 08:36:09 22/08/2016
Yeah, can we? All I see are just complaints when there are plenty more worthwhile stuff we can talk about.

Like...erm... *quickly searches for topic*

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ...ylandersthegame

This Imaginator! What chapter is this?
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#13167 Posted: 08:37:12 22/08/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
We're getting closer and closer to release, can we at least talk about the GOOD parts of the game and how amazing the rest of the game looks so far? Sure, there are bodiless ninjas and crystal controversies, but I won't let that ruin the experience for me. I like to look at how much more goodaspects the game has than bad aspects. Personally I am more hyped than ever to finlly create my own lineup of Imaginators and I don't think I'll make it to October 16th smilie

People have the right to criticize nor should these controversies be swept under the rug and not talked about just because it isn't a problem for some people.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#13168 Posted: 09:02:12 22/08/2016
For me this game isn't immediatly bad, it's just going in the wrong direction. The Crytsal drama is unnessecary and the body restrictions just makes it worse. That won't hold me back from buying one crystal for each Element though. At the end of the day, I wanted to create an Imaginator that will stay in the crytsal and won't be reset. I won't miss out on the best gimmick so far becuase of something, that won't matter in the end anyway.
Though I admit I'm more salty about the amount of Chapters. I expected something in the length of SSA, but now this is most likely gonna be the shortest game of all time! SSC handled the Chapter situation quite good, there weren't that many, but each was unique, had a new idea and all were just very rememberable, that's something that SSF lacked. STT had a bunch of Chapters that were also very diverse, I wanted something like that!
We don't know anything about sidecontent and not a lot about the Chapters themselves, but I just hope this game won't end like SSC, where I couldn't even get myself to play it when I got a new character!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:03:35 22/08/2016 by Deja Vu
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#13169 Posted: 09:23:16 22/08/2016
I don't think folks will give two hoots and a holler 'bout this, but I had to speak my mind on a couple of stuff.

One thing I liked about the chapters in SuperChargers was that each introduced a specific gimmick. You had chapters where you grew and shrank, had to deal with different perspectives, the concept of pushing and pulling, one that was just straight up arena battling and one that was straight up arena racing. Considering the amount of chapters in this game, I'm not sure if this'll be the best of all. We saw Sky Fortress, and it didn't really have any gimmicks pass your average adventure chapter. Plus, it wasn't really as long as we'd hope, especially for a ten-chapter game. Maybe that was just the demo, and hopefully each chapter would be longer.

Then there are the crystal restrictions. Now, I can't get the game, but even if I could, I personally see nothing wrong with the fact that I can't reset who is inside. At least we can edit the Imaginators at any time, and maybe we can reset them completely, but they just haven't implemented that feature yet. I don't know.

Finally, the creation restrictions on the Imaginators themselves. I honestly don't think we'll just be limited to walking heads for ninjas and swashbucklers with no legs. The entire point of this gimmick is to create your own Skylanders. Has no one considered that that is probably just another thing they haven't implemented yet? I'll admit, I'd be pissed if they did that to us, but that's so unlikely that the'd restrict ninjas to walking heads, but we still have a month and a half until the game is released. Hopefully these holes will be fixed until then.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#13170 Posted: 10:16:29 22/08/2016
I don't mind the small amount of main levels yet, they may have restructured the game.

E.g.

I'm guessing there's filler quests etc inbetween each level that extend the story but can't be replayed like a chapter constantly ( unless you start another save file ) . Coz really these levels shown in the achievements are probably the only ones you want to replay to verse the bosses and unlock more parts.

They might have actually done us a favour ...

extra levels without a boss this year would be relatively pointless in this game replaywise( coz the aim is to collect imaginators parts ) . Im thinking they left all these " travel to this location" or " go interrogate this character" levels off the official levels list and are instead stuff you do around the academy and extra random areas in between the levels that arnt meant to be replayed constantly.

Also skylanders:Spyros adventure only had achievments on the first, last and elemental source collection levels e.g. http://www.xboxachievements.co.../achievements/. Which is like 10 also.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:26:10 22/08/2016 by B-BOB358
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#13171 Posted: 10:35:05 22/08/2016
Quote: TaeKwonCrow
WHY IS EVRYONE SPAMMING SPOILERS

welcome to darkspyro
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#13172 Posted: 10:45:08 22/08/2016
You guys are way too hopeful on level length despite huge proof on the contrary.

Sky Fortress is a late level and easily TFB sized. So is Mushroom River, though it's early.

Though, there's one thing to point towards more levels than we know -
Skylanders Academy and the M.A.P.
are two different things as the part labels have shown.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:50:11 22/08/2016 by Bifrost
#13173 Posted: 10:48:08 22/08/2016
As long as we get at least 4-5 adventure packs, I'm fine with the amount of levels we have
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#13174 Posted: 10:49:59 22/08/2016
Only 10 levels?! By what we've seen/heard so far, I'm only interested in:

Cradle of Creation
Mushroom River
Dragon Temple
+ Wumpa Island
+ Gryphon Park Observatory

This semi-open-world better make up for it.

-----
#13175 Posted: 10:51:03 22/08/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
As long as we get at least 4-5 adventure packs, I'm fine with the amount of levels we have

Yes, because dropping 30 more bucks on this is surely the solution. It's not.
---
#13176 Posted: 10:51:25 22/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
You guys are way too hopeful on level length despite huge proof on the contrary.

Sky Fortress is a late level and easily TFB sized. So is Mushroom River, though it's early.

Though, there's one thing to point towards more levels than we know - Skylanders Academy and the M.A.P. are two different things as the part labels have shown.

Sky Fortress is actually the halfway point, as it's the 5th chapter.

I'm really curious about the M.A.P. ...
---
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#13177 Posted: 10:51:30 22/08/2016
Quote: deadpool_98
To me, this game still looks EPIC!
Still super excited!

same, glad someone shares the same thoughts as me smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
#13178 Posted: 10:52:34 22/08/2016

Though, there's one thing to point towards more levels than we know - Skylanders Academy and the M.A.P. are two different things as the part labels have shown.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on the m.a.p thing too . It is definately not the academy coz I'm certain I've seen something say " unlocked in the m.a.p" ( can't find it though).

And with the achievement suggesting there's stuff to do there, I'm really getting hopeful of an open world area outside the academy .
---
#13179 Posted: 10:56:03 22/08/2016
Also...
the Sensei Elemental Realms sound like they're much more substantial (but also much fewer) than Elemental Gates.
---
#13180 Posted: 11:01:39 22/08/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Having an open world segment won't really satisfy me if the rest of the stuff will be as short as I expect right now. It's usually not the kind of thing you can just jump into and play, which I'm worried this game might lack. That's why I want a survival mode again, because you can just easily jump in and play it, you don't have to slog through anything else to get to the fighting. That's why I liked bonus missions in SF too, and even the SWAP Zone minigame mode, you could just go right into them and play a quick session before you had to head off somewhere.

If you look at the "great gladiator " achievement description, it's pretty likely those are what your after .
---
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#13181 Posted: 11:02:01 22/08/2016
wait a minute

theres 10 levels but then there is 5 side adventures so thats 15, then there could be 5 adventure packs so thats 20
we could actually be getting 20 levels altogether smilie

HYPE
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
#13182 Posted: 11:02:50 22/08/2016
The issue with open world events is the same as SC's chapters - once that event happens, it's gone. Eg; it was awesome to fight pirates while inside the Academy, but after you beat up like 3 algae dudes, it's gone forever. Unless there are repeatable events might as well not do it because replay value is still killed.
---
#13183 Posted: 11:08:42 22/08/2016
Sounds like anything but exactly what you want was gonna do that lol
---
#13184 Posted: 11:13:22 22/08/2016
I really want the game to surprise me, it had all the right qualities, and might still have. But if it ends up being the wrong choice over buying some nice big WiiU game....

Thankfuy I already backed Yooka-Laylee for cheap, so that ond's out of the way.

On a lighter note, the youtuber JoostSpeeltSpellen actually got away with giving his Gamescon contest character the catchphrase "Making a splash with my wand" and pointed it out through the entire video. I wish we fould see TFB's faces when they judged this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:18:08 22/08/2016 by Bifrost
#13185 Posted: 11:22:53 22/08/2016
Maybe the 10 levels are only the boss fight levels, and we have 1-2 levels between them like in the other Games. I can't believe that we have a boss fight against a Doomlander in every level. D
---
#13186 Posted: 11:29:18 22/08/2016
Well, we had a Villain nearly every level in TT, Doom Raider or not.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#13187 Posted: 11:31:00 22/08/2016
Thanks Bifrost, at the end of the video I saw that someone uploaded the creation of a Light Ninja. And it's our favorite shouting german Skylander Youtuber Egowhity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTREQ5fFPz8
Sadly no powers nor torso, but there were some interesting color palettes named after SSA chapters, which reminded me of how great that game was.
#13188 Posted: 11:33:34 22/08/2016
Well, we had a Villain nearly every level in TT, Doom Raider or not.

That was trap teams theme though (finding villains everywhere you went) and the only game to do that . All the other games had bosses intermittent across the levels .
---
#13189 Posted: 11:39:14 22/08/2016
I guess. Really, really hoping for more length.

On other dumb news, someone is still convinced that the Crash AP is totally their attempt at a new Crash game... Even if the Remasters are their final objective. Not even worth linking, someone that dense doesn't deserve page views.
---
#13190 Posted: 11:43:23 22/08/2016
I really like Egowhity's light imaginator
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#13191 Posted: 11:48:24 22/08/2016
Quote: Nightmoon

"You need a Sensei of the Ninja Class to unlock this Shrine" ;P

i can totally see eon saying something like this... *you need to another fire crystal because wrong class* oh i will just reset it then... oh crap cant, i better get my butt to gamestop to buy another fire crystal at $25 then..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#13192 Posted: 11:50:01 22/08/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Thanks Bifrost, at the end of the video I saw that someone uploaded the creation of a Light Ninja. And it's our favorite shouting german Skylander Youtuber Egowhity!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTREQ5fFPz8
Sadly no powers nor torso, but there were some interesting color palettes named after SSA chapters, which reminded me of how great that game was.

Damn it , everyone's learning the mushroom head is good for ninjas lol

But all well , hoorah for the mushroomon army smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:55:55 22/08/2016 by B-BOB358
#13193 Posted: 11:51:04 22/08/2016
Considering the collection screen, that isn't the case. Everything is Sensei related except the Gear achievements and even then doesn't seem to be restricted except maybe for Swashbucklers(because legs). Gongs, Shrines and

Elemental Areas which seem to be an Academy/MAP thing, all Senseis
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:52:06 22/08/2016 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 264 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 262 263 264 265 266 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me