darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#151 Posted: 14:01:45 21/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: KingMed
Just watch gameplay on YouTube before chossing a battle class

Not a good way to judge gameplay. Nothing beats feeling the hitboxes and cooldown times yourself. How many times do I have to repeat this?

How'd you get into this series Bifrost, considering importing is such a hassle, no, considering Brazillians have to import them period, I don't see them advertising in Brazil whatsoever...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#152 Posted: 14:10:05 21/08/2016
Quote: Zekrom Prime
Quote: juarmo
ssshhh I totally didn't just grab the first confirmation picture I found here

Urgh, it's embarassing how it's turning into an ego stroking session in the subreddit. This is the time we should be against this but sane discussion, not patting each other in the back for the AMAZING PRECOGNITION that Activision has zero shame.
I think that these days if I had a reality altering wish I'd ask for TFB,VV and the Skylanders IP and everyone related to be transfered into a less ****ty company; it gets that frustrating that I'd probably be wasteful and stupid. Who knows how well(or worse but at least a faster drop) off the game would be in, say, Sony's hands or Atlus.

Why use Sony as an example? Why not Nintendo?
Oh wait, you said you were gonna wish for a LESS ****ty company, not a NON-****ty company smilie

Nintendo guest stars that only work nintendo systems

So? If it was Sony who developed the games instead, like Bifrost suggested, the entire GAMES would only work on Sony systems, and if it was Nintendo like I was suggesting, the same for Nintendo systems.
I don't see your point.
I mean, Nintendo IP stays on Nintendo Platforms, so you'd be insane to think the Nintendo Guest stars would do otherwise...

(I don't consider Crash and Neo Cortex to be EXCLUSIVELY PlayStation IP.
The only exposure I've had to them are Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy and Crash Purple: Ripto's Rampage, on the NINTENDO Game Boy Advance, so...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#153 Posted: 14:15:17 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Ugh, don't like giving you any attention, juarmo, but I'll reply to you this time.

We had Skylanders until Swap Force. Waves were smaller and we lack a ton of figures, but that meant the used market was swamped with cheap nice figures. We also had a bit of a community, as merch as imported and some stores held SSA competitions. However, Neoplay, the Activision brazilian distributor, just gave up on them post Swap Force, and even after emailing them wasn't given a reason why, just "we no longer import recent Skylanders games". The company went under a year later, so I guess that was an attempt at cost cutting.

So that's how I stayed hooked and now survive entirely off of expensive shipping and taxes on top of my figure price with the dollar being expensive! Fun for all. Also why I'd rather get variants over crystals if they'll be worthless to resell or even buy from the nice german sellers that offer free shipping.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:16:31 21/08/2016 by Bifrost
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#154 Posted: 14:17:01 21/08/2016
I can't believe there are people defending this extremely consumer unfriendly move made solely out of greed. I can't even imagine what this is going to be like years down the line when buying new crystals might not be easy or cheap anymore. Well, for me personally, I've gone from being very excited about this game's gimmick to not wanting to buy it at all. I won't reward them for pulling this crap. The traps were bad enough but this is a whole new level of short sighted stupidity.
#155 Posted: 14:21:55 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
If you don't buy at all, they'll simply turn to the kids eating up crystals as proof that it worked. Buying customers avoiding them gives a different message.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#156 Posted: 14:26:01 21/08/2016
I'm still planning on getting a couple crystals per element... So I'm going to be no help whatsoever, in other words.
Even if everyone on the forums or anyone who was educated on this boycotted crystals, they'd still probably sell well considering there'll still be plenty of parents and children for them to make a profit.

Quote: Couragefan09
I can't believe there are people defending this extremely consumer unfriendly move made solely out of greed.

If you're talking about juarmo, then keep in mind he's the same guy who thought there wasn't anything wrong with art theft.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:49 21/08/2016 by AdamGregory03
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#157 Posted: 14:43:39 21/08/2016
I'm not trying to tell anyone else what to do. I'm only speaking for myself when I say I won't be buying anything from this game now.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#158 Posted: 17:01:53 21/08/2016
Quote: juarmo

Why use Sony as an example? Why not Nintendo?
Oh wait, you said you were gonna wish for a LESS ****ty company, not a NON-****ty company smilie

Nintendo is non-****ty? how?
The scummy practices with their workers
The internet harrasment to rewievers and critics
The stock problems on mostly every important release
The new 3Ds and 2ds fiasco
The ending of Wii u production
3ds Pokemon rumble
Virtual console prices
The overwrite amiibo thing in super smash bros-mario party.
Killing online support for Mario Kart Wii , Super Smash Bros Brawl (and the Wii support) when the new games came out.
The mini-nes for 60 dollars, no compatibility with the real cartriges, locked games and no way to update it, this in special is as bad as the CC thing.
And the list of blameworthy things nintendo did goes on...

Nintendo only wants your money, nintendo it's not your friend its just a company, don't get me wrong probably nintendo is one of the less ****ty companies but its still there
#159 Posted: 17:04:23 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I didn't mention Nintendo since they have Amiibo. They'd shove Skylanders under the nearest bus if they got their hands on the IP, Spyro be darned since they also have their own 3D plataformers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:55 21/08/2016 by Bifrost
ZygardePerfecto Green Sparx Gems: 466
#160 Posted: 17:58:32 21/08/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Perhaps a DS Hunter could start an online petition that we all could sign saying we're not okay with this design choice and inform Acti about it.

This is Activision we are talking about here. They don't care. Unless you give them your money, they will not give a hoot.
---
Salamence is best Dragon.

Fight me.
#161 Posted: 18:03:44 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Maybe have Dark open an exception for the no hacking rule and allow discussion of tools that clear Crystals if they won't budge?
Though I don't think he cares about this issue either, he'd probably get in trouble with Curse Forums.

Mon Amiibo, a guy that covered Battlecast's open beta when few could, made an article about this. If you guys want to point it to anyone since it's much more respectable-looking than a forum, look no further.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:51 21/08/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#162 Posted: 20:18:28 21/08/2016
Maybe have Dark open an exception for the no hacking rule and allow discussion of tools that clear Crystals if they won't budge?
Though I don't think he cares about this issue either, he'd probably get in trouble with Curse Forums.

Mon Amiibo, a guy that covered Battlecast's open beta when few could, made an article about this. If you guys want to point it to anyone since it's much more respectable-looking than a forum, look no further.

Many users would find that very helpful. However, you are right about the troubles thing, that section would probably not last long.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#163 Posted: 20:27:08 21/08/2016
This is just crazy.
Having to rely on a not-so-legal hacking device to fix an Activision's mistake.

I personally can't consider Imaginators to be like actual Skylanders.
They aren't nearly as complex in terms of abilities' gameplay, they are fairly limited design-wise (even more than they actually should) and plain lack a true backstory, even if we can come up with our non-canon ones.
I simply see them as pure magic brought to life.
So I simply don't see why we couldn't have full power over them, from a lore, gameplay and logic point of view.

Careful planning, you say?
As in, I buy one Crystal per Element, don't touch them until I know all the available abilities and parts and then start creating characters months after I've finished the game?
What if I cannot even do that?
For example, Eon could require you to create an Imaginator during the first level and it could simply not let you exit until you have choosen a Battle Class and created a very basic character: and BOOM, that Crystal is screwed!
Not to mention we might get someone so kind to get 100 Creation Crystals, make videos for each one of them showing off the various skill combinations and upload them in good quality, maybe also giving off his opinions... But I think this may easily not happen at all.
100 Imaginators is almost an entire second Skylanders' collection.

I still don't know if I'll buy a Crystal per Element if I can find an easy way to reset them, bacause a part of me doesn't want to give them money for such a theft but the other keeps thinking "who cares, I want to enjoy them as much as I can".
Guess I simply hope Activision will somehow realize this won't be good for us and, most importantly, for them.

But, as I've already said, it's still a "minor" problem for me.
Imaginators looks amazing, Senseis are cool and this is really what matters.
Who knows, maybe this will finally teach them to not stick their noses in TfB and V.V.'s games and simply let them do their magic (or tech smilie )...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:30:53 21/08/2016 by Drek95
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#164 Posted: 21:01:32 21/08/2016
Woo traaction. another article...

http://www.monamiibo.com/chara...ators-drawback/
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#165 Posted: 21:35:08 21/08/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
Woo traaction. another article...

http://www.monamiibo.com/chara...ators-drawback/

Bifrost linked that just 3 posts ago ;P

Still, we need more articles and blog posts and whatnot. Activision needs to hear it from as many places as possible.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#166 Posted: 22:05:49 21/08/2016
Quote: Drek95
Not to mention we might get someone so kind to get 100 Creation Crystals, make videos for each one of them showing off the various skill combinations and upload them in good quality, maybe also giving off his opinions... But I think this may easily not happen at all.

You know, there is actually one channel who could afford to actually do that.
I'm of course referring to... urp... Sky Boy and Girl...

...But until then I'm just gonna hope more articles get made and Activision gets the message.
---
Check this out! Please?
#167 Posted: 22:40:30 21/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Drek95

You know, there is actually one channel who could afford to actually do that.
I'm of course referring to... urp... Sky Boy and Girl...

...But until then I'm just gonna hope more articles get made and Activision gets the message.

Yeah, but their channel is... How can I say it... Not the first place I would look for accurate and in-depth analysis or informations.

Others youtubers (who also have an account here) have done a similar thing with paths in the past, I'm sure they could handle it much better.
Don't want to advertise anyone though, just in case it could be considered so.

I dont think we could rely on random videos found online either, to get the right impression: either someone craz- *ahem*, kind enough records all those videos or we are pretty much going to test our luck.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#168 Posted: 23:15:24 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, with the new leak that the game is, to put it without spoiling anything, short, not spending as much time in creation because you're stuck with weapons and parts on the 3 classes only hurts it more. Way to kill replay value.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#169 Posted: 23:33:11 21/08/2016
[User Posted Image]

I have way too much free time.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#170 Posted: 01:58:31 22/08/2016
This needs to be mentioned on every site covering Skylanders. At bare minimum people deserve to know about this prior to their kids making decisions that are permanent. Every journalist needs to ask the same question to them until they sweat.

And yes, I've never even considered hacking Skylanders, but if Toys for Bob would prefer I use unauthorized software for a feature they should be including, so be it. I'm not giving them $10 more every time I want to try something new in a game that is supposed to be about trying something new.
#171 Posted: 02:06:02 22/08/2016
Question, if I may?
How much has this been spread around yet?
---
Check this out! Please?
#172 Posted: 02:12:02 22/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Not much considering only Mon Amiibo even bothered with an article. Don't forget the Skylanders fanbase is gleefully apathetic about a lot of stuff since the majority has parents buying their figures.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:23 22/08/2016 by Bifrost
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#173 Posted: 02:12:19 22/08/2016
Question, if I may?
How much has this been spread around yet?

I doubt it's had too much exposure at this point. I asked them on Twitter and will do so on Facebook. I suggest we all take to social media and "help" them understand that we are not o.k. with this...if only for the reasons Defpally listed...Think of the children here!!!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#174 Posted: 02:21:48 22/08/2016
We've posted on official Skylanders facebook, twitter, google plus, youtube & instagram about this, and started a petition here https://www.change.org/p/activ...medium=copyLink and almost up to a 100 supporters. The only thing we can do is just try Try TRY and get Activision to hear our concerns.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#175 Posted: 03:03:39 22/08/2016
Don't know how much this will help but I decided to write something about it I guess.
---
Check this out! Please?
S2 Swap Force Emerald Sparx Gems: 3100
#176 Posted: 05:14:04 22/08/2016
At Activision: Hmm, Superchargers didn't sell all that well because of a few stupid decisions we made, so that means that without those stupid decisions our super awesome new game releasing when one competitor is gone shouldn't sell well either

Umm boss, I don't think that's-

SHUT UP JONATHAN! I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. As I was saying, we need to find a way to increase sales.

Bring in an awesome new and recognizable face like Crash Bandicoot!

Its a start... OH I KNOW. We'll make the crystals unresettable so people will buy more crystals just so they'll have every element in every battle class

Boss? Wont that just enrage some fans and cause them to either not buy crystals or buy 10 and plan out exactly what they'll do? So we'll have hundreds of angry fans and about the same amount of profit

SHUT UP JONATHAN! IT'S BRILLIANT!

Me: This is how I imagine the conversation going
---
I never got my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire and becoming a Jedi
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:18:50 22/08/2016 by S2 Swap Force
#177 Posted: 07:37:42 22/08/2016
I'd like to make a funny dialogue as well, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure monkeys don't talk.
They simply express their thoughts with gestures.

No offense to monkeys, of course, they are most likely waaaay more intelligent than whoever came up with this brilliant idea.

Yes, I'm a bit salty especially after the leak.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:39:00 22/08/2016 by Drek95
#178 Posted: 12:03:30 22/08/2016

It can't hurt smilie
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#179 Posted: 12:43:09 22/08/2016
Someone should honestly get sewed for this.
THIS IS NOT HOW YOU HELP A DYING FRANCHISE!!!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#180 Posted: 12:53:11 22/08/2016

Great job AdamGregory03!!! The more people talking about the more traction it gets. woot
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#181 Posted: 13:06:25 22/08/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Someone should honestly get sewed for this.

Anyone got a sewing kit?
---
Tvk Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#182 Posted: 17:18:00 22/08/2016
Is the dark element creation crystal sold separately??? Just pre ordered the crash edition.
I haven't seen another dark cc. Only in the dark starter set.
Maybe i should buy 2 starter sets...but thats crazy...
Well I'm crazy enough for it smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:39:50 22/08/2016 by Tvk
#183 Posted: 17:25:23 22/08/2016
Of course it's sold separately. It's just not available in Wave 1. We haven't seen packaging of all the Senseis either, but it's still obvious to everyone that all of them will be available.

Also, please use the edit button instead of double-posting.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:00 22/08/2016 by Nightmoon
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#184 Posted: 23:20:16 22/08/2016
Fansites like Skylanders Inquirier are making articles about it now. While Jason isn't the BIGGEST name in the game, he has an audience with the site and the Toys for Games cast. I'm sure they'll talk about it on that podcast

http://skylanders-inquirer.com...n-never-change/
#185 Posted: 23:22:03 22/08/2016 | Topic Creator
He'll make an editorial topic about it later. If you guys start sharing stuff, might want to wait for that.
---
#186 Posted: 02:12:57 23/08/2016
yay more articles.
Just gotta wait for those next round of interviews to start rolling in so we can here the reps terrible excuses when asked the big question lol.

Im actually really interested to here their responses now, i wanna know wether they are gonna stick to the "we're doing it for you" story or come up with something that actually makes sense lol
---
Tamez Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#187 Posted: 13:07:56 23/08/2016
I gotta say, this information combined with their other mistakes this year has me wanting to cancel my Dark Edition pre-order.
It's really Trap Team all over again. Awesome concept, ruined by bad business decisions.
---
My favorite Skylanders from each game: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#188 Posted: 14:22:23 23/08/2016
All the discussions and petitions in the world won't mean a thing. If you want this to change, you need to refrain from buying the game. That is what will make a difference.
#189 Posted: 14:33:57 23/08/2016
Quote: SSj3 Derek
All the discussions and petitions in the world won't mean a thing. If you want this to change, you need to refrain from buying the game. That is what will make a difference.

The game isn't the issue, though. It's the one minor aspect of the gimmick that's the huge problem! So, I say, buy the game to your heart's content but purchase as few Crystals as possible so that the stores are flooded with them.

IMO, that'll make a bigger impact than just boycotting the game outright. If you boycott the game Acti won't take it as "Huh, we shouldn't have screwed over the creation side" and will more take it as "Huh, so forget all the good things you did with this game and franchise, y'all getting cancelled!"
#190 Posted: 14:43:45 23/08/2016 | Topic Creator

Not buying the game won't change their minds. They'll kill the series, blame it on the devs, or move on 100℅ to kid appeal rather than family appeal. We buy the game if we want to, but we choose the gimmick that we accept - Senseis, and don't give them money for the one that they ****ed up - crystals.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:44:02 23/08/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#191 Posted: 14:48:44 23/08/2016

The difference is that Acti will think that the game isn't selling and will cancel the series.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#192 Posted: 14:51:18 23/08/2016

Not buying the game won't change their minds. They'll kill the series, blame it on the devs, or move on 100℅ to kid appeal rather than family appeal. We buy the game if we want to, but we choose the gimmick that we accept - Senseis, and don't give them money for the one that they ****ed up - crystals.

Not buying the game will change their minds. They will conduct market research to find out why, not just blindly kill the series, say "it's the devs" or anything else. And when the market research determines that it is unresettable crystals that are the consumers' pain point, they will change that or avoid it in the future. You can do whatever you want, but the harder their profit margin is hit, the more responsive they will be.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:58:59 23/08/2016 by SSj3 Derek
#193 Posted: 14:58:55 23/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Hahahaha. Actually conducting research and learning from mistakes. Activision, who ported a 10 year old game with no new additions and charged 60 bucks. Hilarious.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is the game iirc. The closest to a spiritual predecessor to Skylanders, too, aside from Diablo.

We can only reach them with a direct message and by acting as fans. Don't expect common sense from them, they constantly go for greedier until it's unsustainable then kill the series and blame it on the creators. Guitar Hero saw that twice.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:03:03 23/08/2016 by Bifrost
#194 Posted: 15:08:52 23/08/2016
LOL Yes, because direct messaging has worked so well in the past. Thanks to that, we are now swimming in the Yawn traps we all complained about. Oh, wait . . . They will go for whatever strategy will generate the highest net present value (which is what all successful businesses large and small do, honestly, and there is nothing wrong with that, as no one holds a gun to our heads to make us buy toys) so lowering that is what will generate change.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:10 23/08/2016 by SSj3 Derek
#195 Posted: 15:12:07 23/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Direct messaging? We ate traps up. We ate vehicles up. We did nothing. The message they got? "Please milk more money from us with non-Skylanders" and oh, will you look at that, 10 dollar crystals that can't be reset. If we stop buying the games, they'll quickly go to "the series has run its course", cancel the next games, lay off the dev teams like expendable tools, and move on to the next franchise with a shiny hook to get people with.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:15:12 23/08/2016 by Bifrost
#196 Posted: 15:25:15 23/08/2016
Thank you for proving my point. smilie All the loud complaining in the world didn't do anything because we bought the product anyway. But if Skylanders stops selling, they will do market research to determine why. With a new TV series about to launch and such, it is obvious that Skylanders is part of their plan for at least the next few years, and won't be abandoned so quickly.
#197 Posted: 15:40:00 23/08/2016 | Topic Creator
You're just cherry picking my words. If you want the games to fail so badly, your problem, not ours. We want them to not get ruined by asinine changes.

They will not do the proper research. Their market can't even be smart about news on the game and their PR is as apathetic as a voice recording. I'll keep on repeating that since you gleefully ignore it, I have a new reason why every time since Activision is all about greed over reason.
---
#198 Posted: 15:52:03 23/08/2016
Thank you for proving my point. smilie All the loud complaining in the world didn't do anything because we bought the product anyway. But if Skylanders stops selling, they will do market research to determine why. With a new TV series about to launch and such, it is obvious that Skylanders is part of their plan for at least the next few years, and won't be abandoned so quickly.

You are giving Activision way too much credit. Like, WAAAAAAY too much credit. Buy the game, avoid the Crystals
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#199 Posted: 16:30:06 23/08/2016
I too agree that direct messaging and petitions will have a net zero effect. Pretty much the only thing we can do is make sure this is on the tip of the tongue of the journalists doing interviews/previews/reviews of Imaginators. That is the only hope of any alteration, if the big wigs and devs over there have to answer that question "why is a game about flexibility forcing permanent decisions on you in the name of profit?" every time they talk about the game. That is the only thing that *might* alter course, probably not - but it is far better than a pointless petition.

They want their best foot forward to release, they do NOT want to talk about this. So make sure you talk to your favorite outlets, send in emails and comments so this is on the radar in the lead up to release.

It isn't much, but it is what we have. Personally I think the best we can hope for is a patch down the road after the initial release period that opens the option once they have made their initial money.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me