darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 256 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 254 255 256 257 258 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#12751 Posted: 20:58:01 20/08/2016
It's not funny, it's terrible that we can't enjoy new characters for a week before they dropped the bombshell. It's hard to enjoy things when you know the people ordering the awesome dev team are slimy a-holes and ruined a perfectly good gimmick.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:50 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#12752 Posted: 21:04:54 20/08/2016
I mean, we know that we'll be getting Legendarys and Nitros, but Enchanteds are certainly a surprise.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#12753 Posted: 21:13:06 20/08/2016
Again, Deja Vu, those links mean nothing and we aren't sure that we're getting Enchanteds

Don't get your hopes up
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12754 Posted: 21:23:32 20/08/2016
Wait, so it was Vicarious Visions' idea that they added Spyro on the Wumpa Island level? Where was that said again?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#12755 Posted: 21:23:46 20/08/2016
Well okay, I guess then I'll go back to being salty about crystals.
#12756 Posted: 21:24:42 20/08/2016
Quote: Aura24
Wait, so it was Vicarious Visions' idea that they added Spyro on the Wumpa Island level? Where was that said again?

Considering how VV handled all the Crash content I think it was definitely their idea to put Spyro in as the storyteller of the level
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#12757 Posted: 21:36:48 20/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
It's not funny, it's terrible that we can't enjoy new characters for a week before they dropped the bombshell. It's hard to enjoy things when you know the people ordering the awesome dev team are slimy a-holes and ruined a perfectly good gimmick.

_____
[User Posted Image]
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:25 20/08/2016 by PwnageFTW
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#12758 Posted: 21:40:34 20/08/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: Aura24

Considering how VV handled all the Crash content I think it was definitely their idea to put Spyro in as the storyteller of the level

Yeah, though I heard from someone that VV said that specifically in a video/interview at Gamescom. I want to know which video.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:54 20/08/2016 by Aura24
#12759 Posted: 21:42:11 20/08/2016
Right now I feel like every good thing in the franchise is being ruined. I wish it would be like in the old SSA days, where we had no worries and simply get unique toys that come alive in the game. Skylanders lost it's charm and that makes me really sad.
#12760 Posted: 21:44:13 20/08/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Right now I feel like every good thing in the franchise is being ruined. I wish it would be like in the old SSA days, where we had no worries and simply get unique toys that come alive in the game. Skylanders lost it's charm and that makes me really sad.

I enjoyed those days a lot, then traps came along, and that changed everything.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#12761 Posted: 21:44:50 20/08/2016
I entered Frightful into the link, and it brought me to the new characters. I'm about to try Polar.

Polar did the same thing. Brought me to New characters. Enchanted, Legendary etc actually leads to an empty space.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:49 20/08/2016 by Luminous35
#12762 Posted: 21:48:52 20/08/2016
Quote: Luminous35
I entered Frightful into the link, and it brought me to the new characters. I'm about to try Polar.

Polar did the same thing. Brought me to New characters. Enchanted, Legendary etc actually leads to an empty space.

Wait what? new characters from where?
---
#12763 Posted: 21:52:09 20/08/2016
The New window on the character browsing. It's just the last ones they added.

Everything is simple when the IP is new, it's just like growing up. But we finally had a game that from most sides looked good enough, and a simple gimmick, like SF and Giants, that isn't locking you out of much of the fun. And then they blew it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:41 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
#12764 Posted: 21:54:57 20/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
The New window on the character browsing. It's just the last ones they added.

Everything is simple when the IP is new, it's just like growing up. But we finally had a game that from most sides looked good enough, and a simple gimmick, like SF and Giants, that isn't locking you out of much of the fun. And then they blew it.

I just wish we could go back to the old days of SSA, those were good times.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#12765 Posted: 21:57:36 20/08/2016
Sad to see how such a single detail broke up the entire gimmick...

Well, looking at the good side, we still have our Senseis and the game itself, which still are pretty good.
---
Bruh
#12766 Posted: 22:02:40 20/08/2016
We do, but again, it's hard to enjoy. Almost afraid they'll also pull a fast one on us with them too.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#12767 Posted: 22:07:56 20/08/2016
I can't wait until the variants are revealed. That's always my favorite part of the wait because it's usually when the website updates and we laugh at that one horribly botched variant every year.
#12768 Posted: 22:27:46 20/08/2016
*Cough steelplatedsmashhit cough*
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#12769 Posted: 22:28:33 20/08/2016
This is depressing. Imaginators was supposed to be THE Skylanders game. Now we have this.
I mean, is it really that big of a deal? Try to think about what went wrong with every game, and list it for me please.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#12770 Posted: 22:31:54 20/08/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
This is depressing. Imaginators was supposed to be THE Skylanders game. Now we have this.
I mean, is it really that big of a deal? Try to think about what went wrong with every game, and list it for me please.

Really didn't start until Trap Team. First it was Trap Masters being the only ones who can open elemental gates, then it was the fact that vehicles were mandatory in Superchargers, and now this whole reset battle classes thing.
I'm personally not losing faith in the game because of it. I believe this will only be a sour cherry on an ice cream sundae, for lack of a better analogy.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#12771 Posted: 22:35:17 20/08/2016
Please no Enchanteds this year. I have no Wal-Marts near me and I was lucky to get them during Swap Force. Also, I doubt we'll ever see them again since it's been years since Wal-Mart has done anything with Skylanders.

Okay, what I am about to say probably seems super unlike me, but good Gosh are some of you ever satisfied? A few days ago we got all this news and everyone was like, "Oh my God this is the best game ever it looks totally amazing oh my god so much awesomeness." But as soon as one little detail people don't like is said, everyone's all like "This series has lost its magic and this is terrible and so bad for us." I'm sorry but I am so flipping tired of everyone being all pessimistic because of one little thing. There are ways around this situation. Plan what you want to make before buying a crystal. It's that simple. We've had a rouge past few months. We've been arguing and doing nothing up wallow in sadness and anger at one another. And now we FINALLY have news, and lots of it, and a few days later you guys are back to the way we were! Can't we all just be a little clever and problem solve instead of just sitting around and complaining? Please.

I'm sorry, but I feel like I needed to say that. I apologize if this offended anyone.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#12772 Posted: 22:36:57 20/08/2016
SSA
-haters would say "it exists"
-clearly not made for the tail end of the Wii
-Several polish choices that wouldn't show up until later

Giants
-Giants are slow
-Not enough of an upgrade graphics wise

SF
-The writing
-8 character requirement for 100% on top of the elemental gates
-Started the stupid trend of damage sponge enemies in harder difficulties
-The rise of loading screen cutscenes

STT
-bad QA
-Traptanium Gates
-Choices for trap molds and villain avaliability possibly made by a drunkard
-Traptanium Gates
-Way less extra options, stark difference compared to SF
-Unskippable cutscenes everywhere
-Did I say Traptanium Gates already

SC
-Gimmick requirement to play the game
-Doesn't even get decent for a racing game in story mode
-No nicknames
-Nearly no good enemy placement, you'll be walking around and driving more than actually fighting
-Robots and techy stuff everywhere in this mostly pre industrial land, though I guess this is a bit more partial
-Achievements require more vehicles
-Stupid price increase
-Someone missing brain cells put in a fart joke 5 games in, if not Flynn joking about someone almost dying, or that reading is stupid despite the actual kid fanbase that actually listens to him
-loading screen cutscenes 2: eletric boogaloo

as you can see, it gradually starts geting more and more stupid. I don't remember all of it even.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't suddenly decide I don't want Imaginators. Its only weird points are:
-this
-no hats
-odd villain choices
-Absolutely nonsensical body restrictions including no quadrupeds and Ninja/Sorcerer/Swashbuckler changes
,and the story is looking interesting with that Overview trailer and the Storytellers.
The issue is, something this stupid and vile makes me fear there's more they aren't telling us. Dunno if I want to sing praises when they clearly don't respect them.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 22:46:53 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
#12773 Posted: 22:40:14 20/08/2016
I think it's because it's such a stupid desicion that has no good reason at all. I think a full fledged website update would have distracted from all of this, because last year everyone went insane as soon as it happened and don't get me started on TT.
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#12774 Posted: 22:50:55 20/08/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Please no Enchanteds this year. I have no Wal-Marts near me and I was lucky to get them during Swap Force. Also, I doubt we'll ever see them again since it's been years since Wal-Mart has done anything with Skylanders.

Okay, what I am about to say probably seems super unlike me, but good Gosh are some of you ever satisfied? A few days ago we got all this news and everyone was like, "Oh my God this is the best game ever it looks totally amazing oh my god so much awesomeness." But as soon as one little detail people don't like is said, everyone's all like "This series has lost its magic and this is terrible and so bad for us." I'm sorry but I am so flipping tired of everyone being all pessimistic because of one little thing. There are ways around this situation. Plan what you want to make before buying a crystal. It's that simple. We've had a rouge past few months. We've been arguing and doing nothing up wallow in sadness and anger at one another. And now we FINALLY have news, and lots of it, and a few days later you guys are back to the way we were! Can't we all just be a little clever and problem solve instead of just sitting around and complaining? Please.

I'm sorry, but I feel like I needed to say that. I apologize if this offended anyone.

I agree, basically like
"THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER! THE HYPE TRAIN IS OFF THE BREAKS!" then just because of one small thing about not resetting imaginators and your all like "This is going to be worse than superchargers multiplied by 10"honestly you still get everything else
just research the battleclasses first before you decide, not to be rude but is it really that hard to just RESEARCH? Your getting to BUILD YOUR OWN ******* SKYLANDERS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! AND your getting villains! what more could you want? Its probably the best gimmick in any skylanders game.

yep this is the end of the rant smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
#12775 Posted: 22:54:49 20/08/2016
1- No one is saying this is gonna suck. We're saying character creation is gonna suck. It's only a small part of the game, unlike SC.
2- Yeah, because a youtube video is such a good idea of playing myself for the upcoming future. I'll just say the name straight up since we know who's recording it, but just because Buuzer has fun and plays Brawler well doesn't mean I'll have fun and play Brawler well. If we don't have a test mode, we're in the dark all the same, just knowing the attacks themselves and not how they actually work 100%.
3-I want a game that Acti doesn't feel like interfering with negatively. Good gimmick or bad, I'm not made of money. Your parents can buy you figures or whatever, but I'm not shelling out triple the price because that's what I've always paid living in a country without Sklylanders just because my "research" didn't get enough.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:33 20/08/2016 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#12776 Posted: 22:58:11 20/08/2016
I was always kind of pessimistic about the character creator, even before all the garbage hit. It always looked limited, and there were literally no good Imaginators actually shown off.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#12777 Posted: 22:59:04 20/08/2016
I'm not that scared. I'll just pretend these are actual Skylanders, and not worry about all the knobs and buttons. Plus worst case scenario, it's not like it's impossible to reset NFC chips.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#12778 Posted: 22:59:20 20/08/2016
I don't think the " no resetting crystals" issue is a deal breaker.

But it will mean I'll end up playing the game much less because I won't be able to experiment with abilities. Don't they want to keep me hooked? Lol

I was planning on eventually getting 20 crystals. 10 for my long term favourite creations and 10 for experimenting new ideas .

But if I can't reset them and experiment there's no reason to get more then the first 10 ( coz I can't afford 100 lol ) . Even then I'll be too afraid to make a class decision for most of the elements.

I know I want a Life Knight, but for everything else I was relying on experimenting with combinations first to guide my final decisions. Now I won't know what to do.

I'll still play the game and enjoy it, but I think I could've kept myself busy with this game for a year testing out different class and element combinations . Now it'll just be like the other games , I'll play for a bit on release, then play it again around Xmas , then that's it mostly.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#12779 Posted: 23:01:35 20/08/2016
Oh yeah, I also think its dumb how they give you all the pieces for the Doomlanders, but you can't actually recreate all of them.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#12780 Posted: 23:08:54 20/08/2016
Oh right, you just reminded me of that. Now after you gathered all the parts for your Imaginators and finalized your characters, what can you do? Race online where you have to wait an hour for one person to join and get reminded of how horrible SC was!
Though looking on the bright side, (wow, it exists) the Shrines could motivate players to revisit Chapters with new characters that come out later to get their Sky-Chis. I think the first playthrough of the game will be great, with potentially great levels and a really good set of Skylanders at release, (Golden Queen, Starcast, Aurora etc.) but with that, the actual gimmick, which is the best one so far, is being moved to the background. It's exactly like and the exact opposite of Superchargers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:53 20/08/2016 by Deja Vu
#12781 Posted: 23:13:07 20/08/2016
I mean, we don't know the extent of the extra content so we don't know if the Imaginators have a good function besides being your own created Skylanders
#12782 Posted: 23:14:29 20/08/2016
I think online battle mode would settle a lot of things.
#12783 Posted: 23:17:26 20/08/2016
We still don't know there is for side content. Apparently there's "some surprises still left to be shown off" according to CoinOpTV (which could probably mean anything, but I'd like to think it'd refer to side content).
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:50 20/08/2016 by AdamGregory03
#12784 Posted: 23:19:41 20/08/2016
They do state there's side quests and mini games in the product descriptions .

The only imaginators specific thing I think that might come up would be like training mini games .

E.g. Like an angry birds archer challenge ( like the sheep creep TT quest) and like a boxing ring type challenge for brawlers etc .

But apart from that I think they'll leave anymore specific content to the senseis or any skylander.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:21:53 20/08/2016 by B-BOB358
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5398
#12785 Posted: 23:28:57 20/08/2016
I hope they at least put hidden collectables in decent spots this time. I remember in SC in one level I could see two treasure wheel things at once, and a cave leading to one more. It should be like the old days, where we jumped off cliffs and hoped for the best.
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12786 Posted: 23:29:06 20/08/2016
we've got 8 weeks (56 days) left before launch. That's plenty of time for them to roll out the final few news bits before launch. Remember that in the past years, people got invited to TFB about a month before launch to check stuff out
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#12787 Posted: 23:56:20 20/08/2016
i still think they should put up the preorders now for wave 1 considering it's only 2 months.
PortalMasterone Yellow Sparx Gems: 1431
#12788 Posted: 01:22:42 21/08/2016
Actually, that Sensei under Light might be the second one of that element.
---
smilie "A Watery Grave Awaits!"
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#12789 Posted: 01:24:11 21/08/2016
What? Our Light Senseis are Blaster-Tron and Aurora. If your referring to the Bowslinger, hes Magic.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#12790 Posted: 01:24:26 21/08/2016
...Well, yeah. Usually, by usually I mean every time, the characters in a line of a certain color(except for white as seen in Argos I think?) are all the same element.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:00 21/08/2016 by Bifrost
Geo-Stelar Emerald Sparx Gems: 4199
#12791 Posted: 01:35:15 21/08/2016
Two questions:

How exactly were Boom Bloom and Pit Boss confirmed to be a Ninja & a Sorcerer, respectively?

Is the Light Villain actually Blaster-Tron?
---
Don't have Skylanders, yet still a fan!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#12792 Posted: 01:37:28 21/08/2016
Quote: Geo-Stelar
Two questions:

How exactly were Boom Bloom and Pit Boss confirmed to be a Ninja & a Sorcerer, respectively?

Honestly, I'm thinking Pit Boss might be a Swashbuckler
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#12793 Posted: 01:38:34 21/08/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Two questions:

How though? We have all our swashbucklers confirmed
---
#12794 Posted: 01:39:54 21/08/2016
Well, someone's getting an extra class with that huge weapon. Unless it's a rocket launcher fashioned after a cobra.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#12795 Posted: 01:44:04 21/08/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Two questions:

How though? We have all our swashbucklers confirmed

When we saw his blurry toy in the overview trailer, it looked like he was holding two weapons.

Not to mention he's got no legs
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#12796 Posted: 01:45:12 21/08/2016
Going back to the Enchanted Skylanders thing, I really don't think they'll be back. They were only two characters that happened a few years ago. I don't see why they would come back 3 years after being gone, especially considering that Wal-Mart has done nothing Skylander related for a long time now...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#12797 Posted: 01:53:21 21/08/2016
Two questions:

In a Sky B&G video (p sure it was their video but I could be wrong), they went to a Sensei Shrine and it listed Starcast, Boom Bloom, and Tae Kwon Crow as Ninjas. The Pit Boss thing is just speculation but we've seen a bit of his figure in a trailer (although obscured mostly by another Skylander), and his weapon looks like it's a staff. In addition, the blurry Battle Class symbol looks like it's the shape of the Sorcerer symbol.

Yes, the Light Villain is Blaster-Tron. He's on the poster.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#12798 Posted: 01:54:56 21/08/2016
Two questions:

Boom bloom was shown as a ninja in the ninja shrine in one of the gameplay vids.

Blastertron isn't super confirmed. But if you zoom in on the light charscters on the poster it looks very very likely.

Pitboss class isn't super confirmed iether . but you can see a likely sorcerer symbol on his bass in a blurry shot. We haven't seen a full shot of his weapon though .
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#12799 Posted: 01:58:11 21/08/2016
[User Posted Image]
From the Skykids video "SNAIL POOP"

The rest aren't fully confirmed.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#12800 Posted: 01:58:33 21/08/2016
So... What I'm gathering is, we know pretty much every character in the roster except for the names of the two Bowslingers and Squid Girl.
---
Check this out! Please?
First | Previous | Page 256 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 254 255 256 257 258 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me