darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 198 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#9851 Posted: 02:31:35 08/08/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: Crash10
Huh, with Kaos and Pain-Yatta, we had quite a few things to discuss now. Tomorrow I will look at some old gameplay and try to find things like new parts.

I saw a video of a YouTuber not talked about here, I don't remember his name, but he was making a fire smasher and I thought I saw some sort of colorful axe. That's all I got, it's probably not going to end up being his though.

Go through your watch history and find it. smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9852 Posted: 02:43:36 08/08/2016
we're so desperate for news we filled a whole page with hype for a clay figure

gamescom save us
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9853 Posted: 03:09:02 08/08/2016
Only ten days.
Nine depending on what time you're reading this.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9854 Posted: 03:41:38 08/08/2016
There is news...KAOS!!! but who will give it for free? I already pre-ordered from GameStop. I better get one. I NEED a Kaos figure!!!
---
Any last wishes?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#9855 Posted: 03:58:57 08/08/2016
So moving is a horrible process if you're someone who's online a lot...

So, hey everyone what'd I miss? Just Kaos getting a figure and a clay Painyatta?

I don't really like the design of the Kaos figure (the pose and design seem so basic for us finally getting a Kaos figure) and I quite frankly would've preferred an Evolved Kaos design minus the red insignia.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9856 Posted: 07:09:00 08/08/2016
Quote: Zekrom Prime
Quote: yrocgames
Well no he told me he made that in person, trust me i thought it was a prototype also. He split the toy in half and put the trap in there also.

You know what I'm done with this "fan Favorite" Crap

Couldn't agree more, which is precisely why I'm not exactly happy about villains getting figures: brand new Skylanders are the way to go, I'll never get tired of repeating it.

The worst it can happen with them is not being popular, but with "fan"-favorites someone is always going to be disappointed or salty.

Villains are indeed a step forward compared to Skylanders reposes (especially after last year), but they still create the same problems among the community, especially since some truly weird choices were made.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:59 08/08/2016 by Drek95
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9857 Posted: 07:12:23 08/08/2016
Quote: Buuzer
New imaginators:
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Bifrost
Both are Ninjini heads, and the Knight lady has Flameslinger legs.

That's a niiiice staff. Another Sorcerer floating.

Good news, this pretty much confirms there is some sort of hovering / flying skill. It would be too much of a coincidence to have already two imaginators who were "photographed" in the middle of a jump.

What I hope though, is we will have the choice to switch between hovering and walking at any time. I wouldn't like the floating skill to be permament, like it has happened with way too many skylanders before.

I'm not sure if this hability will be limited to sorcerer class, but I wouldn't mind it that way. I mean it was the class that I was gonna choose for most of my imaginators so...
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#9858 Posted: 08:23:55 08/08/2016
A bunch of Skylanders blogs including this one started a new mini social media contest around the Rio Olympics. Seems to be sponsored by Acti since they all got the same coloring pages, which are kinda cute. Spyro, SE and Eruptor are featured in them, but that's just flagships as usual, as is King Pen.

[User Posted Image]

(uurgh I swore the previous post wasn't mine, I looked at the wrong avatar,sorry)

Everything about that pose, from having thumbs to the way his feet are positioned (in the middle of a jump), make him seem like he's supposed to walk upright.
If I can do so properly (need legs like those, need a torso like that) I'll make Spyro a Magic brawler I guess.
Edit: just noticed: his hands are fists: Brawler IT IS!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:26:36 08/08/2016 by juarmo
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#9859 Posted: 12:30:28 08/08/2016
Back from a weekend offline, what'd I mi-- (1,385 notifications) Oh my.

So Kaos is the 11th villain, to no one's surprise. I remember reading an article from Giants times where the devs rejected the idea of a playable Kaos figure so the kids wouldn't feel villainous playing as him, or something well along those lines. Guess those views are long out the window but I'm sure this figure'll make a lot of people happy so I won't complain. I might even grab him myself if I can.

New Imaginator example, those are always fun. Saw one that looks kind of like a devilish character, loving the blue fire hair and hoping she's holding a short sword and it's not just the angle because weapon variety will be a nice thing to have.

Anything else that got lost in the swarm of notifications?
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
#9860 Posted: 13:01:51 08/08/2016
Quote: RainbowSkygirl
Back from a weekend offline, what'd I mi-- (1,385 notifications) Oh my.

So Kaos is the 11th villain, to no one's surprise. I remember reading an article from Giants times where the devs rejected the idea of a playable Kaos figure so the kids wouldn't feel villainous playing as him, or something well along those lines. Guess those views are long out the window but I'm sure this figure'll make a lot of people happy so I won't complain. I might even grab him myself if I can.

New Imaginator example, those are always fun. Saw one that looks kind of like a devilish character, loving the blue fire hair and hoping she's holding a short sword and it's not just the angle because weapon variety will be a nice thing to have.

Anything else that got lost in the swarm of notifications?

Just a Pain-Yatta's clay figure apparently created by Lou and found in a reveal video; nothing too exciting but it could be a further hint about him being a Sensei.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#9861 Posted: 13:16:52 08/08/2016
I'm wondering how they're going to go about a Pain-Yatta Sensei. Other than Magic I can't think of any other element he'd fit in. Light is 'meh' for him, so I hope that's not the case. Then again, Tae became Fire so I don't know what to expect. Too bad the one in the teaser isn't actually the figure.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#9862 Posted: 13:26:25 08/08/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: Crash10
Huh, with Kaos and Pain-Yatta, we had quite a few things to discuss now. Tomorrow I will look at some old gameplay and try to find things like new parts.

I saw a video of a YouTuber not talked about here, I don't remember his name, but he was making a fire smasher and I thought I saw some sort of colorful axe. That's all I got, it's probably not going to end up being his though.

Go through your watch history and find it. smilie

My history has been long deleted after that, I already tried to check it.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9863 Posted: 16:03:18 08/08/2016
Quote: Spyro Lover122
I'm wondering how they're going to go about a Pain-Yatta Sensei. Other than Magic I can't think of any other element he'd fit in. Light is 'meh' for him, so I hope that's not the case. Then again, Tae became Fire so I don't know what to expect. Too bad the one in the teaser isn't actually the figure.

I also think he would fit Magic nicely, however, the fact he was the villain fought by knight light and spotlight in the comics makes me wonder if he will be thrown into this element, despite not having any "angelic" or "lighty" stuff on him.

I would prefer Luminous by a long distance to fit that role though...
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#9864 Posted: 16:59:25 08/08/2016
Quote: angelg
Quote: Spyro Lover122

I also think he would fit Magic nicely, however, the fact he was the villain fought by knight light and spotlight in the comics makes me wonder if he will be thrown into this element, despite not having any "angelic" or "lighty" stuff on him.

I would prefer Luminous by a long distance to fit that role though...

I don't have the Light in the Darkness Arc, but... didn't Pain-yatta also fight Blackout and Knight Mare?
Lord over evil light (I mean god[s]) no, the evil overlord of light MUST get in!
TBH, he's the only Light Element villain whose design meets my... standards for what Light and Dark should be like.
With Dark, I can take Nightshade, Tae Kwon Crow, and even formerly undead Hood Sickle, left field he may be.
But Eye Five? Blaster Tron? Lob Goblin? All trash tier imo. (I'll admit, Blaster Tron is actually decent, but an adequate sole representative of the elements? nope!)
A similar thing can be said [by me] of Eye Scream and Fisticuffs, in that I find "Eye Scream" utterly terrible like "Eye Five" (though to a much lesser extent), and I find Fisticuffs tolerable as one of 4 villains, but not the sole representative of the element.
To be honest, I feel like to an extent, hood sickle represents the Dark Element better than most of the villains who were dark.
The closest villains you got to being "proper dark", are Tae Kwon Crow, for the sole reason that he's a Ninja, and Nightshade, because he can hide in the shadows.
A good portion of Undead characters have more RIGHT to be there than the actual Dark ones do.
But when it comes to Light?
If it the reformed Light villain isn't Luminous, it'll EASILY be the worst Light Skylander of all time.
Which... While not saying much, (it's like saying someone is the stupidest person at Harvard or Yale [because the Light and Dark are always so GOOD]), but what I really mean by that is, what if they shouldn't have even finished High School, much less get accepted into Harvard or Yale, and yet they're there.
Who is the best fit for the Light Villain?
1. He's the only star in the sky that actually SHINES.
2. He's the only star in the sky that fits the asthetic of a Light Skylander.
3. He's the only star in the sky that should belong to the Light Element and NOT be sorted into ANYTHING ELSE. (Blaster Tron = Tech, Lob Goblin also = Tech, maybe Air, Eye Five = Magic/Air/Earth I guess?)
Is the answer:
A. Eye Five
B. Blaster Tron
C. Lob Goblin
D. Luminous
E. Other
Luminous is the only correct answer TFB! The ONLY correct answer!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#9865 Posted: 17:32:27 08/08/2016
New GIF:
https://twitter.com/Skylanders...667724656881664
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#9866 Posted: 17:33:54 08/08/2016
That Chompy Pod on the back is almost impossible to see. Their animation is pretty muted now, could be actually used as a trap.

There's the Grave Clobber Knuckles again,too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3809
#9867 Posted: 17:36:33 08/08/2016
Out of curiosity, what is it about Blaster Tron that makes people think he doesn't fit in the light element? Is it because he's a robot? Or because he uses lasers? Because IMO if Astroblast can fit light, so can Blaster Tron.
---
Hahahahaha
#9868 Posted: 17:40:00 08/08/2016
Astroblast is a shiny chunk of crystal. Blaster-Tron is Light because of lasers, but he's completely out of the color scheme and doesn't have anything *else* relating to light and celestial bodies.
---
#9869 Posted: 17:42:40 08/08/2016
Is it too late for me to give my two cents on the Pain-Yatta thing? Well too bad 'cause I'm gonna do it anyway. smilie
Don't quote me on any of this though because I know just as much as anyone else on these forums.

As much as I'd love for him to be a Sensei... At this point I'm starting to lose more and more faith that he will be. I am aware that there was the little clay figure of him in the one trailer, and maybe at one point he was considered to be a Sensei. Especially due to the high possibility that all non-Doom Raider villains are going to have different elements than what they had in Trap Team. And I know many people could say that this also could be evidence to support Pain-Yatta becoming a Sensei, but the thing about that is, his design really works best in the Magic element. Whereas the other confirmed non-Doom Raider villains we've seen have designs that at least make some sense as to why they'd change their elements.

-Grave Clobber's main color is blue, which is the primary color for the Water element, and even though he's obviously supposed to be a mummy, one could argue that he could also be inspired by Hawaiian tikis as his face looks similar to them, plus his theme music in Trap Team was surf rock.

-Tae Kwon Crow wears red, which is the primary color for the Fire element.

-Hood Sickle... I don't think I really need to explain this one.

-And lastly, there's Bad Juju, whose design and personality would probably fit more in the Magic element, due to the whole theme of voodoo witch doctor she has going on. Even though she's not confirmed to get an element switch, that is what I'm thinking will happen.

Pain-Yatta's problem is that if he were to become a Sensei, he'd likely follow the same rules as these four, meaning he'd either have to be Air or Light element... Both of which he wouldn't really fit in with. He's too bright and colorful for either element, and his main motif is candy. Air elements have abilities related to wind or the sky, and Light elements have abilities related to, well, light. Magic is more the "anything goes" element, which is where I feel Pain-Yatta would be the most comfortable. But assuming that the theory is true and Bad Juju is indeed getting switched over to the Magic element, then I can't say I see much hope for him.

I'd love to be wrong on this though.

EDIT: Also that tiger Imaginator looks pretty cool. I look forward to see what they make for National Pancake Day.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:36 08/08/2016 by AdamGregory03
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#9870 Posted: 18:03:37 08/08/2016
Astroblast is a shiny chunk of crystal. Blaster-Tron is Light because of lasers, but he's completely out of the color scheme and doesn't have anything *else* relating to light and celestial bodies.

Astroblast is related to sun's and stars (one of his upgrades even basically turns him into a mini solar system), which are the biggest producers of light. He's also associated with space travel which is associated with light speed.

Whereas Blastertron's only connection to light is the fact that he can fire lasers, but other Tech Skylanders can fire lasers and they aren't Light.
---
Boop me if you see this.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#9871 Posted: 18:33:13 08/08/2016
Quote: Muffin Man

Astroblast is related to sun's and stars (one of his upgrades even basically turns him into a mini solar system), which are the biggest producers of light. He's also associated with space travel which is associated with light speed.

Whereas Blastertron's only connection to light is the fact that he can fire lasers, but other Tech Skylanders can fire lasers and they aren't Light.

Don't forget the fact that he even goes so he might as well be a living star. Yeah smilie does indeed belong in the light element.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#9872 Posted: 18:37:14 08/08/2016
I think that the reason as to why Eye Five, Blaster-Tron, Lob Goblin, Eye Scream, Fisticuffs, and Tae Kwon Crow don't fit their elements is because Activision didn't want people to guess that Light and Dark were the mystery elements, and by putting bogus characters in those elements, there was really no way we could be accurate. That's why Luminous and Nightshade are really the only villains that actually fit those elements, since Midnight Museum and Sunscraper Spire are themed around Light and Dark.
So yeah, I can definitely see Luminous being the Light sensei, and I think he would look badass as a knight.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#9873 Posted: 19:11:47 08/08/2016
Are you saying that Eye Scream, Tae Kwon Crow, and Lob Goblin don't fit their elements? They fit them better than most villains, honestly.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#9874 Posted: 19:24:07 08/08/2016
Well, yeah. Not to say they make the LEAST sense though (lookin' at you, Chomp Chest, Tussle Sprout, Bomb Shell, and Mab Lobs).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:58 08/08/2016 by JohnnySmasher42
#9875 Posted: 19:29:34 08/08/2016
Judging purely basing on color palettes, which is apparently what TfB is doing, I think Luminous is the only villain which could match Light's.

Eye Five, Blaster Tron, Bad Juju and Pain-Yatta could all fit Magic (because, why not?).
Even Bomb Shell and Rage Mage, to be fair.

Air isn't easy.
Dreamcatcher and Eye Scream are the only ones I can think of.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#9876 Posted: 19:45:24 08/08/2016
i've got a feeling they'll-

>switch bad juju to magic
>have luminous as the light villain
>make the air villain unpredictable

TFB
if you're reading this
please
put threatpack in
#9877 Posted: 20:19:52 08/08/2016
#CuckooClocker4Air
---
Check this out! Please?
#9878 Posted: 20:25:20 08/08/2016
We have enough birds, let alone in Air.
---
#9879 Posted: 20:55:46 08/08/2016

Well if not him then I can't really think of any other non-Air villain who could fit Air unless they reeeeeaaaaaally stretch it.
---
Check this out! Please?
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#9880 Posted: 21:04:41 08/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Well if not him then I can't really think of any other non-Air villain who could fit Air unless they reeeeeaaaaaally stretch it.

It can still be air to be unpredictable! Like Buzzer Beak! Hes Unpredictable! Same with Dreamcatcher and Krankenstein!
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
#9881 Posted: 22:03:36 08/08/2016
Bad Juju air, Pain Yatta magic. I'm a simple man.
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#9882 Posted: 23:02:24 08/08/2016
Quote: Buuzer

Heres a screen shot .
I swear all these imaginators would look better if their heads were just a little bit smaller.
I like the paw print chest plate though smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#9883 Posted: 23:15:15 08/08/2016
Those are Grave Clobber knuckles but there's no way he's a Brawler since we already have a Water Brawler.

...right...?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#9884 Posted: 23:34:23 08/08/2016
They should have made an imaginator to remember Pinky the Flamingo
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#9885 Posted: 01:12:51 09/08/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
i've got a feeling they'll-

>switch bad juju to magic
>have luminous as the light villain
>make the air villain unpredictable

TFB
if you're reading this
please
put threatpack in

This is what I'm betting at this point. It's a shame because I really would have liked Pain-yatta but now I doubt we'll see him.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#9886 Posted: 06:48:03 09/08/2016
That chest part looks like it's Mysticat's.
#9887 Posted: 06:48:20 09/08/2016
The chest plate kinda resembles Mysticat's.

EDIT: just realized I got ninja'd by 17 seconds. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:50:15 09/08/2016 by Drek95
#9888 Posted: 11:36:41 09/08/2016
It doesn't just look like, it's the same design.
I wish I could go compare with his picture but there's some internet issues that I can't solve for the next half hour.
---
#9889 Posted: 12:14:49 09/08/2016
There's some swirls on this chestplate, too. But unless custom options allow stripes, Mysticat probably isn't a tiger anyway, and this chest part includes the tiger look.
---
#9890 Posted: 12:23:01 09/08/2016
It doesn't just look like, it's the same design.
I wish I could go compare with his picture but there's some internet issues that I can't solve for the next half hour.

Actually, Mysticat's has a more squared shape and I think the claws are slightly different.

It's definitely related to him though.

Speaking about the same picture, the structure in the background seem to be inspired by a certain big-brained cyclops alien carving which has appeared other times in other screenshots from the same level (there is one behind that Imaginator as well).

Like here, for example:

[User Posted Image]

Guess he might be an NPC or maybe some kind of tribal deity.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:59 09/08/2016 by Drek95
#9891 Posted: 12:40:05 09/08/2016
The statue and the rock also differ in that, in the latter, the tentacles are bones.
---
#9892 Posted: 12:53:21 09/08/2016
True, maybe whoever created them found it easier to use bones for the carvings and regular stones for the statue.

The basic design is the same, a brain with one eye, possibly a mouth, and two tentacle-like appendages.
If the inhabitants are simple-minded cavemen, as suggested by the settings, they might have tried to depict the creature in the best way they could.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a representation of an Ancient, or even the Mind Magic itself.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#9893 Posted: 13:09:25 09/08/2016
I kinda want to say that aside from the brain it also resembles Octavius, and he is out of Skylands' plane, which would then mean he wasn't exactly created by Mind Magic. Though dunno, unless TFB is going to attempt a reference to sci fi stuff, I don't think they'd have Metroids lookalikes as the ultimate good.
---
#9894 Posted: 13:41:17 09/08/2016
Thought about Octavius as well, but he also has a pretty prominent eyestalk.
But yes, its creators might have taken some artistic licenses and semplified his design.

Might simply be a giant broccoli/tree monster which act as a boss or environmental danger inside the level, and is actually feared by the inhabitants.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#9895 Posted: 18:25:31 09/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Only ten days.
Nine depending on what time you're reading this.

'Til Gamescon?
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#9896 Posted: 18:34:23 09/08/2016
^Yes.
---
Check this out! Please?
#9897 Posted: 19:04:16 09/08/2016
At this rate we'll never get to page 199.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#9898 Posted: 19:06:14 09/08/2016
Yes we will!

EDIT: Thought this would be on page 199 D:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:16 09/08/2016 by Deja Vu
#9899 Posted: 19:08:27 09/08/2016
someday
First | Previous | Page 198 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 196 197 198 199 200 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me