darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 21 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#1001 Posted: 12:32:16 25/05/2016
Remember those chests that only Giants could open in SWAP Force? Maybe they could bring those back in Sky 6. Maybe they could also do something that Trap Team, SuperChargers and and Swap Force, as well.

And as for Cores, maybe include something that only Cores of the Tech element could do (besides opening their respective elemental zone). Or, it could be a stretch, but maybe they could include their own zones, like those ones in Disney Infinity that only a certain character could open.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1002 Posted: 14:35:45 25/05/2016
While I do want something for my older Gimmicklanders to do I think a simple chest or Gate just wouldn't be enough: it would jus feel like a cheap paywall.

Instead, I would like extra gameplay possibilities which feel more natural.
For example Giants could break walls and throw boulders just like they did in Giants and Trap Team, and Trap Masters could grant a damage boost while fighting against bosses (or new trappable villains, maybe).
Swappers could use their special movement type to explore particular areas, hopefully without having to get past a random minigames.

SuperChargers... Well... Don't know, but they aren't as gimmicky as the other three categories.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4108
#1003 Posted: 14:54:11 25/05/2016
Alright, gotta keep on watch today because of the way Activision has announced Skylanders games in the past (on Wednesdays). I literally have nothing to do today since Summer Break is already in session for my school, so I will keep good watch over YouTube and such.
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 612
#1004 Posted: 15:24:26 25/05/2016
Quote:
While I do want something for my older Gimmicklanders to do I think a simple chest or Gate just wouldn't be enough: it would jus feel like a cheap paywall.

Instead, I would like extra gameplay possibilities which feel more natural.
For example Giants could break walls and throw boulders just like they did in Giants and Trap Team, and Trap Masters could grant a damage boost while fighting against bosses (or new trappable villains, maybe).
Swappers could use their special movement type to explore particular areas, hopefully without having to get past a random minigames.

SuperChargers... Well... Don't know, but they aren't as gimmicky as the other three categories.

I really do like the idea of bringing back the, er, "environmental" aspects, shall we say? It would be awesome to be able to do all the neat stuff that the past gimmicklanders did. And honestly, I didn't mind the Swap Force mini games, I thought they were fun and gave a break from the level.
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
#1005 Posted: 16:14:42 25/05/2016
But I just thought of something. The purpose of Sky 6 is to introduce their gimmicks. Maybe adding all of these aspects for the past gimmick characters could just take the purpose out of Sky 6. True, it is supposed to be bigger than past gimmicks, but maybe they wouldn't have the level capacity or data to incorporate all other gimmicks into the game.

Maybe they could create some bonus missions that only past gimmick characters can unlock?
---
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 612
#1006 Posted: 16:19:07 25/05/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
But I just thought of something. The purpose of Sky 6 is to introduce their gimmicks. Maybe adding all of these aspects for the past gimmick characters could just take the purpose out of Sky 6. True, it is supposed to be bigger than past gimmicks, but maybe they wouldn't have the level capacity or data to incorporate all other gimmicks into the game.

Maybe they could create some bonus missions that only past gimmick characters can unlock?

That would be fun. I honestly just want use for old 'Landers
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1007 Posted: 17:48:37 25/05/2016
That is an interesting perspective and not a bad idea. Focus on the game, bring all the previous gimmicks in and put them to good use. Very few new characters with a mix of old gimmicks, a couple new giants, a couple regular ones, a couple new Trap Masters a couple new Swap Force a couple new drivers and vehicles - mix the elements evenly among them. It would do a lot towards putting the focus back on the game and not swamp already apprehensive retailers from having to dedicate large areas of space for a whole new line. And give them a good outlet for dispensing of old stock that isn't moving. Plus it gives all us long time fans plenty of good use for our figures. The last thing the already shaky TTL market needs is a swarm of new plastic that makes people roll their eyes and move on.

But, it is TfB's year, and their focus/strength is on figures. I'm expecting lots of new plastic to buy.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#1008 Posted: 19:11:31 25/05/2016
Quote: MarvelSeer
Quote: SodaPopHD
Quote: isaac343018s
I'd personally love for them to go back and make Light and Dark Giants, 2 Light and 2 Dark Swap Force with their own unique skill, and maybe a few more cores. I like the elusiveness of the Light and Dark Skylanders but I just think it's kinda sad when Eon says, "Skylanders of the Light element are stronger in this zone." Like why not just say, "Use Knight Light, Spotlight, or Astroblast."

Uh...because saying "Skylanders of the Light element are stronger in this zone" refers to the element collectively, rather than saying their names individually. Same with every other element...

I can see where Isaac is coming from... seeing as there are only 3 Light/Dark Skylanders it would be cool to hear there names in game. Know that it would be crazy to hear them say every single Magic, (Maybe saying "Spyro would be stronger for this zone" might make us play as that Skylanders from past game for a short time.) Water, Tech and so fort. I mean I wont mind having something a little different... it would help keep the game fresh in my opinion and something(s) need to be done as I feel like Skylanders it coming to its end and I really DON'T want that to happen, I love the series to much.

That's not what Isaac was saying at all. He was just saying that there's so few Light and Dark Skylanders.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#1009 Posted: 19:52:47 25/05/2016
I JUST WANT SOME NEEEEEWWWWWWWWWSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1010 Posted: 20:50:07 25/05/2016
Quote: Crash10
About this Battlecast article, they said that they where trying to make a game for a older audience, since the kids who started at Spyro's Adventure are growing up. This made me think that the main game (or the 7th one) might get the same treatment. Maybe turn the gameplay more complex and continue with the story style of SuperChargers. As Eric Rogers said, the TV series will get this tone too.

Sorry for posting that again, but I feel that now that the people are more calm, I think that we can discuss about that. What you think about what I said?
---
Bruh
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1011 Posted: 20:53:14 25/05/2016
About this Battlecast article, they said that they where trying to make a game for a older audience, since the kids who started at Spyro's Adventure are growing up. This made me think that the main game (or the 7th one) might get the same treatment. Maybe turn the gameplay more complex and continue with the story style of SuperChargers. As Eric Rogers said, the TV series will get this tone too.

Sorry for posting that again, but I feel that now that the people are more calm, I think that we can discuss about that. What you think about what I said?

I totally agree. There will definitely still be elements in there for little kids, as they do need to get new kids interested into the series, but I think that the overall tone can be a bit more intense and that not be a problem. I loved Superchargers from a plot perspective, if the gameplay can be as good as the story was, I'll love it for sure.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1012 Posted: 20:54:14 25/05/2016

I would definitely not oppose to a more serious tone from Skylanders
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#1013 Posted: 20:54:27 25/05/2016
That'd be nifty, the illustrators for the series also brought this up in their Superchargers page - fun curves and soft few colors won't entice older kids so more edges and complex backgrounds in the packaging were in.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1014 Posted: 20:57:31 25/05/2016
I sincerely hope so.

I believe both devs confirmed the games will be much more connected and follow some kind of big story arc, from now on, while also talking about a more serious approach (it was in some article following the reveal of SuperChargers, don't ask me which one).

If both Battlecast and Academy will be directed to a more mature audience then my hope is Skylanders 6 will receive this treatment as well.
Of course, nothing eccessive, but we can definitely get past Trap Team's overall joyful mood.
I won't lie, if the leaked penguin character turns put to be a Skylander he would already have a less childish design compared to the majority of the fourth game's cast.

Let's say a... Swapper done right, if you know what I mean. smilie

I think SA and Giants pretty much hit perfection from that point of view.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:11 25/05/2016 by Drek95
#1015 Posted: 21:37:23 25/05/2016
Quote: Drek95
I sincerely hope so.

I believe both devs confirmed the games will be much more connected and follow some kind of big story arc, from now on, while also talking about a more serious approach (it was in some article following the reveal of SuperChargers, don't ask me which one).

The devs did confirm a connected story as was stated by Skydad. I recently saw a short video on Fire Fiesta's channel that had the said clip in it. I'm unsure about the rest of that. I don't think they said anything about it being more serious though.

Here is the said video.

Skip to 7:21
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1016 Posted: 21:49:34 25/05/2016
I would love to get a more serious/adult focus. I just stopped mentioning that because I thought it would never happen tbh.

But yeah, one of the things I would change first in the series, is the childish approach. I understand is intended for kids and all that, but damn, sometimes it feels excesively basic. Spongebob is also targeted toward young audiences but it doesn't feel that way at all. They need to find a way in which the game appeals to kids and teens, but doesn't feel uninteresting for young adults neither. Superchargers made a little step towards this direction, and it resulted in the best storyline of the series, we nearly all agree on that. Not saying it becomes a drama movie, but getting this middle point which pixar seems to find in every single movie they release.

Maybe they should make another step in this direction, and give us characters that feel human, with their insecurities, dreams and dilenmas, so adults can see a part of themselves in skylanders.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1017 Posted: 22:43:30 25/05/2016
I too would not mind some maturity in this series, as long as it doesn't go too far from it's roots or becomes "2edgy4me".
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#1018 Posted: 22:48:02 25/05/2016
THE NEW LEAKED SKYLANDER MAY NOT EVEN BE A PENGUIN BECAUSE PENGUINS HAVE ACTUAL FEET AND WEBBED TALONS[User Posted Image]
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
#1019 Posted: 22:50:17 25/05/2016
Tone down the caps. It 'may' be a lot of things, this is a cartoon series.
---
#1020 Posted: 23:07:48 25/05/2016
I still think it's some kind of hybrid thing.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1021 Posted: 23:09:45 25/05/2016
And the chickens in Cap'n Cluck's Chicken HQ didn't look like chickens we know in real life.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#1022 Posted: 23:13:08 25/05/2016
A more mature story is really necessary at this point, without making it inappropriate of course (which I don't think they would ever do). Pretty much every game, minus SC, has had basically the same plot. Kaos is after something on his attempt to rule Skylands and you have to stop him, which of course you do without any casualties or major side effects. Plot/Lore is a HUGE part of what makes me like a game (and can even make up for a boring game), so I hope they focus on this more. I do think SuperChargers was a step in the right direction, so I'm optimistic. We'll just have to wait and see!

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
#1023 Posted: 00:06:46 26/05/2016
The kids who started with SSA are older now, and we're also living in an age where we have 8-year-olds playing Call of Duty and screaming swears on XBox Live. Skylanders 6 should definitely be more mature; it would be a saving grace for the franchise. Have a deeper and darker story, but still keeping it child friendly since it is a kids' game. It should evolve into something everyone in every age group can enjoy, like Gravity Falls. There could also be some subtle dirty jokes slipped in since it'll get through to the mature part of the players and go over the younger players' heads.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1024 Posted: 00:08:59 26/05/2016
It's basically the end of the day, yet still no news or announcements. *sigh*

Activision's marketing strategy for Skylanders this year is terrible so far.
#1025 Posted: 00:09:36 26/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

Give it time. We didn't have SC at this time last year. We might get something on Friday, that's my bet.
---
#1026 Posted: 00:13:50 26/05/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
The kids who started with SSA are older now, and we're also living in an age where we have 8-year-olds playing Call of Duty and screaming swears on XBox Live. Skylanders 6 should definitely be more mature; it would be a saving grace for the franchise. Have a deeper and darker story, but still keeping it child friendly since it is a kids' game. It should evolve into something everyone in every age group can enjoy, like Gravity Falls. There could also be some subtle dirty jokes slipped in since it'll get through to the mature part of the players and go over the younger players' heads.

They did try to have a more mature story in Superchargers with Glumshanks' sacrifice (as quickly-resolved as that was), and you could even argue that they did throw in some dirty humor with the Darkness asking Kaos to "say hi to his mother for him" (which could just be an innocent joke, but I think there are some implications to it smilie). All in all I completely agree with you here, and they did say the show would have a similar tone to Gravity Falls, so there's already that going for it. Again, I just don't want them to go overboard with it.

Give it time. We didn't have SC at this time last year. We might get something on Friday, that's my bet.

And, if not on Friday, than probably the first week of June.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:39 26/05/2016 by AdamGregory03
#1027 Posted: 00:19:51 26/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

They did try to have a more mature story in Superchargers with Glumshanks' sacrifice (as quickly-resolved as that was), and you could even argue that they did throw in some dirty humor with the Darkness asking Kaos to "say hi to his mother for him" (which could just be an innocent joke, but I think there are some implications to it smilie). All in all I completely agree with you here, and they did say the show would have a similar tone to Gravity Falls, so there's already that going for it. Again, I just don't want them to go overboard with it.

SC had better plot, but the Glumshanks thing seemed like they were just trying to throw that in there to make it darker. It was quickly resolved in one level.

And yeah, I think it'll be a couple days after June 2 so it can overshadow the Pokemon Sun and Moon news.
---
#1028 Posted: 00:36:02 26/05/2016
I too am expecting something either Friday or the first days of June, so basically next week.
I sincerely wouldn't see why hold it back for longer, especially since we know it will be revealed before the E3.

Activision's planning isn't the best in my opinion.
This is not how you raise hype correctly (well, I am hyped, but it often feels frustrating, this way): they should at least give us the reveal date to have something definitive to wait for.

I think Trap Team was handled the best so far (wasn't there for the first three game's reveals though).
First we had the three Frito Lay characters shown, then we got a few leaks at the Toy Fair and finally we had a couple days full of teasers, posts and hints leading up to the great reveal which was also really good: a general presentation, a trailer and finally a few gameplay videos showcasing some Skylanders and the new gimmick in action.
Not to mention the whole question mark thing, which I think could have been done much better, but still had us speculating for quite a bit.

Last year was pretty terrible, with only the prototype and some minor leaks.
I have to admit the night of the reveal has been rather exciting though.
I wish I could have enjoyed it more but the whole vehicle thing lowered my hype quite a bit, even before the official confirm.

This year... Basically nothing, too much fake leaks and apparently one (or two?) true.
Sincerely hoping they will announce the date as soon as possible, so I will know when to grab my pop corns and stay up all night long! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:34 26/05/2016 by Drek95
#1029 Posted: 00:48:02 26/05/2016
You hit the nail on the head, Drek. I LOVED what they did with Trap Team's announcement. There was proper build up for it unlike Superchargers and Sky 6. Plus, if they've already had the event, why would you need to wait more than a week to announce it? That really would make no sense. The press people do NOT need this much time to get all that prepared for the official reveal. Just do it already!
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#1030 Posted: 00:48:29 26/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

SC had better plot, but the Glumshanks thing seemed like they were just trying to throw that in there to make it darker. It was quickly resolved in one level.

And yeah, I think it'll be a couple days after June 2 so it can overshadow the Pokemon Sun and Moon news.

There is no over shadowing Pokemon sun and moon news. Not coming from Skylanders. As much as I love Skylanders mind you, but they could announce the greatest game ever and all pokemon has to do is show a screen shot of 1 new pokemon and the entire world freaks out.

That being said however, I'd say get the news out BEFORE June 2nd so it can have its time to shine first. I doubt we will have to wait until then though. All we know however is that we will hear about it before e3, which is the 13th to the 16th. Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later.
#1031 Posted: 01:17:44 26/05/2016
^ I agree, Pokemon will always overshadow Skylanders. But I'm saying it would be wise for them to attempt to overshadow it. smilie
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#1032 Posted: 01:34:09 26/05/2016
^ I agree, Pokemon will always overshadow Skylanders. But I'm saying it would be wise for them to attempt to overshadow it. smilie

Ah. Ok. I get cha now. Either way it'll be hard to grab my attention around June 2nd due to Pokemon haha. But I have faith in Skylanders. They can usually get the hype train going with their reveals.
#1033 Posted: 02:13:08 26/05/2016
Quote: GinjaNinja

Ah. Ok. I get cha now. Either way it'll be hard to grab my attention around June 2nd due to Pokemon haha. But I have faith in Skylanders. They can usually get the hype train going with their reveals.

Let's hope they get the hype up higher than ever.
---
#1034 Posted: 03:08:20 26/05/2016
I think Skylanders 6 will be revealed on June 1st, because with the way SuperChargers was revealed on the first Wednesday of June last year, I'm thinking that that may be their routine now.
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#1035 Posted: 03:22:12 26/05/2016
I just wished they would at least say like "...Something big coming soon..." Or maybe some indication or date of when the announcement is going to hit.

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#1036 Posted: 03:39:11 26/05/2016
I guess one way to find out what skylanders 2016 will be called is by typing in the domain name at WHOIS. I typed in skylandersacademy and obviously www.skylandersacademy.com and .tv has been taken. However .com.au hasn't been.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1037 Posted: 03:54:04 26/05/2016
Please let it be the weekend. At least next week.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1038 Posted: 10:47:15 26/05/2016
I wouldn't mind it being June 1st. If they are doing it on Wednesday's now, it makes sense.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1039 Posted: 11:31:11 26/05/2016
I'm guessing Wednesday. If last year's competition wasn't signal enough, we are awful at guessing this kind of stuff. EVERYONE GUESSED TOO EARLY... 3 TIMES IN A ROW.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:06:18 26/05/2016 by Blink182Bouncer
#1040 Posted: 11:52:16 26/05/2016
Yup. Blink's got a point.
---
#1041 Posted: 12:58:38 26/05/2016
That's soooo true.

I love speculating but I'm terrible when it comes to actually guessing.
Like last year, when I was quite convinced they would have never created such an uncreative gimmick like vehicles.

This year I'm pretty sure the leaked character is a penguin, bases are purple, the game will be revealed this week and the gimmick will either not revolve around interchangeable equipments or not exist at all.
So expect the game to be focused on armor and weapon exchange, revealed in June, with black bases and starring an heavy armored snow owl, among the various characters.

This is one of the reasons why I want Chopper's leaked prototype to belong to Skylanders 6: it would mean I at least got the bases right. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:59:45 26/05/2016 by Drek95
#1042 Posted: 13:36:41 26/05/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
I'm guessing Wednesday. If last year's competition wasn't signal enough, we are awful at guessing this kind of stuff. EVERYONE GUESSED TOO EARLY... 3 TIMES IN A ROW.

Lol, I remember hosting that. We were soooo bad.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#1043 Posted: 15:52:04 26/05/2016
I remember bashing Acti because they were saying "we don't care about older fans, and want to keep the game grounded in the same age range to bring in new customers". Kind of weird to hear what's being said now.

Where the series started to fall flat to me game wise was difficulty and replay. Kaos Challenge was great for intensity (though it got ridiculous at times, making me feel as though I HAD to play as someone OP like Kaos in order to get through). Replay has been weak though since after Giants. SF was just 'long' 'open' spaces...the maps were huge it felt like, but it felt joyless, like more of a tech demo, especially compared to SSA - where levels were usually pretty smallish in size, but stuffed to the gills with puzzles and bad guys. Trap team went in the right direction level wise, but the amount of "AAA" title battles put in there - consumed budget and time that could have been spent on 'more'.

Being blunt, skylanders has the replay of an average game, and when they want us to buy all these figures, we need a better reason than "paywall". Making the levels "bigger" doesn't solve that problem as it knocks down the intensity (I wasn't the only one who got bored and could only do one level a day in Swap Force or SuperChargers), I'm not going to campaign for a ton of levels either, I logged hundreds of hours into Diablo 3 and that was just like 5 or so levels when I played it, but it changed a bit each time, and the 'grind' was rewarding...letting me access more and more intense difficulties and creating more and more interesting and intricate setups worth grinding. Runnind around as a WW Barb was awesome. the stuff I did with my witchdocter as a chicken was awesome, and it all required certain things to do, and allowed me to do things in game I hadn't been able to do before, that let me raise the difficulty and take on tougher challenges.

I'm not asking for Diablolanders, but I want them to focus HARD on helping us get our money's worth. I'm not even talking about getting the whole set. If you spend $60 on 4 figures, that's a whole 'NOTHER GAME you could have bought with that money. It just needs balance (it's why I'm a strong proponent to skylander "mini" or "arcade" games, that FPS Skylander game we saw pics of, a racing game, a party game, some puzzle games, maybe some animated games, etc.
- Unreall
#1044 Posted: 16:42:40 26/05/2016
I think it's because of the mentality that kids are kids until X age, then they're suddenly teens. An 11-year-old is obviously going to get things better than an 8-year-old, but to markets they're one and the same. Now they're 13 and you kinda can't ignore the facts.

Difficulty is an issue for BOTH VV and TFB. I was praising the former when I started SC but none of them know how to handle difficulty curve and power creep. VV makes damage sponges out of the dumbest things, then triples the attack without thinking of how it'll affect player enjoyment TWO LEVELS IN - and that delicious 100 damage per fall that they never warn you about until Trigger Happy slips off a plataform and is suddenly dying.
TFB is a little fairer with damage and enemy health but gives enemies all-seeing AI and they track you instantly and from very far TT, while you have nowhere close to that reaction time; and in Hard and above, the bosses are just unfair - Chef Pepperjack on Nightmare, brrrr.
I don't know who needs to give them a reality check,but they need one before people stop having fun for real. You give the player a smooth increase in obstacles, and make it about strategy and not who has the bigger number. Some enemies actually get close, like Vault of the Ancients where you use the level mechanic to alter everyone's position depending on your character being melee or ranged but they also have advantages and disavantages. Make them a little smarter,but not TOO smart like Trap Team.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:44:10 26/05/2016 by Bifrost
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#1045 Posted: 18:05:42 26/05/2016
The kids who started with SSA are older now, and we're also living in an age where we have 8-year-olds playing Call of Duty and screaming swears on XBox Live.

It's always been that way before the first Skylanders and Call of Duty's online features were before SSA. Those same screaming 8 year olds are the same ones who played SSA. Nothing has changed and today's kids are the same as the last.

And my view on the new samurai bird guy is "meh." I don't like it and won't get the figure. But I am glad that Golden Waifu Queen is now playable and will have her own figure. c;
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
#1046 Posted: 18:08:38 26/05/2016
Quote: MagnaSurge
The kids who started with SSA are older now, and we're also living in an age where we have 8-year-olds playing Call of Duty and screaming swears on XBox Live.

It's always been that way before the first Skylanders and Call of Duty's online features were before SSA. Those same screaming 8 year olds are the same ones who played SSA. Nothing has changed and today's kids are the same as the last.

And my view on the new samurai bird guy is "meh." I don't like it and won't get the figure. But I am glad that Golden Waifu Queen is now playable and will have her own figure. c;

Probably gonna be unfortunate if the samurai bird guy is a starter pack 'lander then.
ALSO GET YOUR OWN WAIFU. smilie
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:39 26/05/2016 by AdamGregory03
#1047 Posted: 18:35:01 26/05/2016
Quote: MagnaSurge

I wasn't trying to say it was a new development.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1048 Posted: 19:01:12 26/05/2016
@Unreallystic: Agree on most of what you've said. Diablo III and Skylanders is a fair comparison (in terms of gameplay). The real question is if Diablo III plays similar to Skylanders why does the former has more replay value?

Well, Diablo III is heavily focus in combat, it's kind of a "constant" kaos doom challenge and the fact the dungeons are randomly generated plus online play makes things even better. The truth is skylanders has all the ingredients to be that way: superb smooth and intuitive combat mechanics, hundreds of different heroes, even the camera is similar to diablo's. Skylanders can be as good as diablo and have as much as replay value.

I think this is why people keep asking for an online battle mode and randon generated dungeons, because there is so so much potential in there. I think they can even go furhther and create a kaos doom challenge which resembles a MOBA.

The problem i see with all of this is that they want people to buy a game per year, and if the former has had great replay value fans may feel they still don't need to buy the new one (yeah call of duty proves me wrong in a certain sense, but not that wrong).

@Bifrost: Another difficulty unbalance was kaos boss fight at SC. He was incredibly easy for being nearly the last boss, while stratosphere in nightmare mode prove to be a bit challenging for being the first one. They yet have to find a way to create a good difficulty curve, but I think they are improving with each release. Certain decisions like giving nightmare mode from the beginning and getting damage when you fall off a cliff makes me optimistic about a possible "increasing difficulty" trend.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#1049 Posted: 19:01:41 26/05/2016
Oh, so this was what the site update was for.
They don't even allow you to write a description and make this the new Giferator. Missed opportunity.
---
#1050 Posted: 19:06:52 26/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Oh, so this was what the site update was for.
They don't even allow you to write a description and make this the new Giferator. Missed opportunity.

Haha... They should've made it more abuse-worthy.

Oh well, Still banking on a Friday announcement. Although that's getting less and less likely by the hour. Honest question, was Superchargers hinted at on the social media accounts at all? Genuinely curious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:45 26/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
First | Previous | Page 21 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me