darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 51 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#2501 Posted: 21:27:59 18/12/2015
Beenox is the one getting these nice gifts? C'mon, you guys just did your job by not screwing up Racing,but you still got lazy with the boss battles HARD. Meanwhile VV and TFB get the employee exclusive and that's about it? :U

(I do recall TFB mentioning that they get a ton more non-exclusive figures for display and whatnot,so probably everyone got those, I'm just being facetious)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:55 18/12/2015 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5468
#2502 Posted: 23:48:26 18/12/2015
Damn Leg. BB Roller Brawl looks amazing. I guess I'll just upgrade the regular one when playing with Tomb Buggy.
Though it's not fair to just give them figures that aren't released yet and not some sort of Chase variant.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2503 Posted: 02:03:59 19/12/2015
They did a behind the scenes look on LL Eruptor.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2504 Posted: 02:07:40 19/12/2015
Dear VV concept artist,
Stop slapping Dreamworks grins on **** that doesn't need it everyone looks horrifying
Love,
Bifrost
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2505 Posted: 02:23:18 19/12/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Dear VV concept artist,
Stop slapping Dreamworks grins on **** that doesn't need it everyone looks horrifying
Love,
Bifrost

That's the first time I saw you using a censored word. Quite impressed.
---
Bruh
#2506 Posted: 02:27:12 19/12/2015
Sometimes no minor expletive will work :I But I'm not kidding about the grins, this designer is madly in love with them and in some sketches the face is just horribly disfigured to fit.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2507 Posted: 10:43:06 19/12/2015
Oh... I thought they would have done those kind of videos only for the new Skylanders...
Silly me.

Wonder how amazing the creative process behind the revamps could be...

"Should we give him a jacket or a suit?"
"Mmmmmh... A jacket, definitely"
"Ok... As for the weapon, a sword or a lance?"
"I'd say lance"

"EHY, GUYS! I just came up with an incredible brand new character which is-"
"Not now, Frank, we are dressing Eruptor"
"But..."
"Just pass it over to TfB, I'm sure they'll find it useful"
"O-ok..."

"Now, where were we...?"
"An helmet or a hat with goggles?"
"Mmmmmh... That's a tough one..."

EDIT

Just saw the video.

"Eruptor is one of the fan favorites"
No.
Eruptor is one of the characters both developers and Activision have tried to push to death.
I'm pretty sure other characters, such as Hex, Wrecking Ball or Dino Rang are just as loved as him so please don't try to fool us again, thanks.

"We tried all sort of weapons"
And then you see two sketches of two lances.
Such creativity!

I would have preferred to see more developement of the vehicle this time, since I already know everything I need about Eruptor from SA's early sketches but nope.
Better stick to the "fan favorite"... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:56:52 19/12/2015 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#2508 Posted: 12:27:30 19/12/2015
Quote: Drek95
Oh... I thought they would have done those kind of videos only for the new Skylanders...
Silly me.

Wonder how amazing the creative process behind the revamps could be...

"Should we give him a jacket or a suit?"
"Mmmmmh... A jacket, definitely"
"Ok... As for the weapon, a sword or a lance?"
"I'd say lance"

"EHY, GUYS! I just came up with an incredible brand new character which is-"
"Not now, Frank, we are dressing Eruptor"
"But..."
"Just pass it over to TfB, I'm sure they'll find it useful"
"O-ok..."

"Now, where were we...?"
"An helmet or a hat with goggles?"
"Mmmmmh... That's a tough one..."

EDIT

Just saw the video.

"Eruptor is one of the fan favorites"
No.
Eruptor is one of the characters both developers and Activision have tried to push to death.
I'm pretty sure other characters, such as Hex, Wrecking Ball or Dino Rang are just as loved as him so please don't try to fool us again, thanks.

"We tried all sort of weapons"
And then you see two sketches of two lances.
Such creativity!

I would have preferred to see more developement of the vehicle this time, since I already know everything I need about Eruptor from SA's early sketches but nope.
Better stick to the "fan favorite"... smilie

To be fair, this forum is a small minory of the Skylanders fan base. We have no idea how popular he is.

As for the weapons, I believe they did try out many weapon ideas but they just showed the weapon route they went with.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:19 19/12/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#2509 Posted: 12:45:16 19/12/2015
He's false popularity like SE, he was featured greatly in trailers before there even was a demand. It's super easy for the kids to recognize the lava guy when Ignitor and co. NEVER APPEARED in them except for freeze frame bonuses.

But Drek, I know you're exaggerating a bit,but no one actually drops in with a new design and gets accepted or shooed away. First things first a smart person does with huge character design projects is sit around and go 'we need 20 cool guys to represent X theme, any ideas?'. Because I'm sure overreposing was planned early, they went instead 'we need 8 new reps and redraw 8 existing ones' most likely, and THEN you can figure out no one thought twice about going the easy way+rollerbrawl.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:47:05 19/12/2015 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#2510 Posted: 12:56:49 19/12/2015
He's false popularity like SE, he was featured greatly in trailers before there even was a demand. It's super easy for the kids to recognize the lava guy when Ignitor and co. NEVER APPEARED in them except for freeze frame bonuses.

But Drek, I know you're exaggerating a bit,but no one actually drops in with a new design and gets accepted or shooed away. First things first a smart person does with huge character design projects is sit around and go 'we need 20 cool guys to represent X theme, any ideas?'. Because I'm sure overreposing was planned early, they went instead 'we need 8 new reps and redraw 8 existing ones' most likely, and THEN you can figure out no one thought twice about going the easy way+rollerbrawl.

That's strongly likely the case. Drek is just acting like VV doesn't care about the characters as much as TfB. He's just bitter about the small selection this time around for him.

To be honest, Drek, the constant complaining about the characters this time around is getting old.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 8D
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2511 Posted: 13:05:41 19/12/2015
Oh wow I never look at the b-day list enough, happy birthday Drek!

VV definately cares less, though not to a dumb extent. It just feels like they strive for good but never great when the amazing sketches and scrapped characters show up - I-Wei on the other hand polishes a character to the ends of the earth, as shown in his blog post about Kaos where he apparently spent weeks trying to settle for what we know, full-on digital paintings included, and Food Fight looking nothing like he does now because he kept redrawing with different themes and taking what he noticed was nice.
With this guy who I can NEVER remember the name, he just draws a ton of designs and starts cutting instead of adding.
---
#2512 Posted: 14:27:01 19/12/2015
Thanks, guys! smilie

Yeah, sorry if I sounded rude.
The truth is I was trying to give some of you a good laugh in these days where we are so busy and serious discussing about what SuperChargers did right and wrong.
That's mostly the reason why I always exaggerate those kind of comments (I think you can all recognize when I'm talking seriously and when I'm just overreacting).

I do think V.V. cares less about characters (or legacy) and more about gimmick and what their new game is about.
This isn't a bad thing per se but It's a "bad" thing for me.
I always imagined this franchise to keep going while retaining what made it good across the different things yet constantly improving itself with new features without removing any important feature.

It's great to see them caring so much for their games but they should still pay more attention the the series as a whole.
They improved immensely in SuperChargers and I'm confident they will keep doing so. smilie

Sorry if I annoyed you, it wasn't absolutely my intention.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2513 Posted: 14:30:52 19/12/2015
I had a laugh with your comments Drek, lol, specially with the s37 gill grunt.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2514 Posted: 16:36:13 19/12/2015
They should've at least tried to choose characters that fit the theme like Smolderdash or Fryno, they managed to do that with Roller Brawl and also support their character at the same time.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#2515 Posted: 23:15:33 20/12/2015
Eruptor is popular with little kids you know.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#2516 Posted: 23:29:55 20/12/2015
Quote: Kevin16

Who wouldn't be popular with the little kids if you put them everywhere? Excluding maybe some of the scarier skylanders.
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3809
#2517 Posted: 00:26:03 21/12/2015
Quote: Kevin16

Who wouldn't be popular with the little kids if you put them everywhere? Excluding maybe some of the scarier skylanders.

Now I wonder what if, instead of promoting the Gill Man and the Ninja Elf, they promoted the Dark Priestess or the Ghoul...thing. Would they be more popular or would people just be scared of them?
---
Hahahahaha
#2518 Posted: 00:42:38 21/12/2015
....That's literally what I said, the scary guys wouldn't work. But if they shoved,say,Sunburn all over the trailers and ads and whatnot since SSA, we'd be whining about Eruptor not getting new figures by now.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2519 Posted: 01:34:55 21/12/2015
Dark Priestess...?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3809
#2520 Posted: 06:37:23 21/12/2015
Sorry I misread your post.

And I meant Hex. I suppose that wasn't the best description.
---
Hahahahaha
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#2521 Posted: 22:07:04 23/12/2015
[User Posted Image]

I am surprised that no one has posted about this yet, at least I think so.
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#2522 Posted: 22:28:21 23/12/2015
There's an entire topic about it.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2523 Posted: 22:50:19 23/12/2015
I did some digging on the official website and-

[User Posted Image]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2524 Posted: 23:06:04 23/12/2015
Oooooh! I like it! How'd you find that, then?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2525 Posted: 23:28:49 23/12/2015
Anyone ales notice how the base is just plain bronze, unlike most other variants?
---
Dead
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#2526 Posted: 00:50:55 24/12/2015
Alright, what do we got, new posts on the discussion topic...SWEET MOTHER OF THE DARKNESS ITS HIDEOUS, KILL IT!
#2527 Posted: 00:56:20 24/12/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Alright, what do we got, new posts on the discussion topic...SWEET MOTHER OF THE DARKNESS ITS HIDEOUS, KILL IT!

YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE EGGCITED THRILLIPEDE
#2528 Posted: 06:46:14 24/12/2015
Found Birthday Bash Pop Fizz:

[User Posted Image]

He doesn't look that bad actually...
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#2529 Posted: 06:49:48 24/12/2015
I kind of wish that was the main figure.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2530 Posted: 06:51:32 24/12/2015
Uh... Strange.
---
Bruh
#2531 Posted: 08:11:40 24/12/2015
Wow...! Birthday Bash Pop Fizz actually looks REALLY cool! Very pleasantly surprised with this one. That leaked picture of him in the game made him look kind of bad. But the toy looks great! Love the multicolored gloves and how the base itself is actually a different color, as well, not just the rift engine. I think that blue and starry sousaphone is cool, too. It is bizarre that his fur didn't really change color at all, but I can get around that. Now one of my favorite variants coming with Altmaggedon. smilie

Egg-Cited Thrillipede looks cool, but I feel like they overdid it with all the white. More like Stuck-In-A-Snowstorm Thrillipede, am I right? smilie
I do wish they colored the rift engine, too. A chrome white would of been nice.

Also, is this the first time that a variant has actually added a new pattern to the character? Like the stars now on the blue sousaphone, and Thrillipede with a painted on nose?
---
#2532 Posted: 10:36:34 24/12/2015
Watch that trumphet be the same color as the fur in the end.
---
#2533 Posted: 10:59:41 24/12/2015
Watch that trumphet be the same color as the fur in the end.

Oh, on that leaked gameplay footage of him, it is. That's why I said that in-game, he looked kind of disappointing. However, in the game, he does have the stars on his sousaphone. I saw the pic of him in-game from a PM someone sent me.
---
#2534 Posted: 11:32:13 24/12/2015
I might've seen it but it's been some time. But yeah, his fur already used to have different hues ingame and it's one big block of color in the figure, so it's sad the real deal might have the same issue despite this potential to at least look decent.
---
#2535 Posted: 11:39:33 24/12/2015
I would've liked him much more with purple fur, though I don't know if I would choose him over Power Blue Splat...
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2536 Posted: 12:16:56 24/12/2015
Post deleted because Merry Christmas...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:53:54 24/12/2015 by AdamGregory03
#2537 Posted: 23:52:10 24/12/2015
Well... Satan's spawn still looks hideous.
And will probably look disappointing as well if Astroblast's figure form taught us anything.

I'm really curious to see regular Thrillipede's toy form though.

Birthday Bash Pop Fizz's 3D render looks quite cool but again, I'd wait to see an in-hand picture before saying anything.
His regular form looks rather disappointing when compared to the 3D model.

Oh and, Merry Christmas to everyone! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:00:32 25/12/2015 by Drek95
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#2538 Posted: 00:38:31 25/12/2015
Yeah the CGI dose look cool.....but i agree. I'm sure the horn will be just molded in that blue plastic like the figure is and not painted with that pearled blue. We all can hope the stars an dots will look good hopefully.

And yes... smilie Merry Christmas to all you Portal Masters! smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:07 25/12/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#2539 Posted: 21:03:01 26/12/2015
I am trying to do the bowser challenges. And it needs me to shoot enemies with an attack. How do I spawn enemies in the sky area in the hub?
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#2540 Posted: 21:40:38 03/01/2016
I wonder when we'll start to see wave 4. They're breaking so many rules this year, it shouldn't bee TOO far away?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#2541 Posted: 06:08:02 04/01/2016
I just want Bone Bash Roller Brawl to hurry up. I have a supercharger of every other element on display and I want her to be my Undead (sorry Fiesta).
---
Boop me if you see this.
#2542 Posted: 21:13:59 04/01/2016
Quote: henryszuch
This isn't really related to the above posts but it needs to be said.

Superchargers isn't a bad game. Sure people may not like the vehicles, but that's a matter of opinion. The fact that VV has tried to make a more modern game (online play, patches, and a better story) is very good. I feel like there's been a lot of hate and it isn't their fault. Yes all the advertising about vehicles is ridiculous and way too much (as Drek has said before in this topic) but the game itself isn't that bad. And Activion seems to be the one messing this game up a bit. I think that the whole Nintendo double packs and Kaos single pack scenario wasn't handled well, but some people need to calm down about the variants. Throught the forum people are freaking out about low stock and bad release dates about variants, but people need to give it time.

These are my exact thoughts on most Skylanders games. The games are overall well-built and are very fun to play. The advertising is what drives people away. They really need to learn some new marketing skills.
#2543 Posted: 21:26:08 04/01/2016
Quote: henryszuch
This isn't really related to the above posts but it needs to be said.

Superchargers isn't a bad game. Sure people may not like the vehicles, but that's a matter of opinion. The fact that VV has tried to make a more modern game (online play, patches, and a better story) is very good. I feel like there's been a lot of hate and it isn't their fault. Yes all the advertising about vehicles is ridiculous and way too much (as Drek has said before in this topic) but the game itself isn't that bad. And Activion seems to be the one messing this game up a bit. I think that the whole Nintendo double packs and Kaos single pack scenario wasn't handled well, but some people need to calm down about the variants. Throught the forum people are freaking out about low stock and bad release dates about variants, but people need to give it time.

You hit this right on the head. This is exactly what I have wanted to say for a very long time.

Now, I am in no way a "Defender." I'm just saying this because it needs to be said and has been for far too long. This game is getting far more hate than it deserves. Vicarious Visions is trying their best, okay? With all these new and totally awesome updates, I feel like they really are trying to satisfy fans this time around, not just doing what they want. I mean, look at the Skymiibo double packs! They've listened to our complaints and have totally gone against what they said they were doing just for us! Are the vehicles overshadowing the game? Yeah, sure. Is the distributing of characters pretty bad? Totally. But does that stop the game itself from being good? Goodness, no! It's only human to make mistakes. Nobody on Earth is perfect. Don't bite their heads off just because they messed up trying to please us. They're trying. I think if we simply accept that mistakes have been made and take the time to respect the good parts of the game, then we would all be doing ourselves a favor.
---
#2544 Posted: 21:30:39 04/01/2016
I'll add on to this as well; it's what separating this game from SF for me. It's not gimmick because gimmick(I mean the vehicle sections aren't colorful weird minigames like swap zones that don't feel part of the level),new because new, not what TFB did because reasons. They're going against the current of Acti's horrible decisions and maybe some of their own,but they did some good when this game could've been just as lazy. The story is better,the gameplay is good no matter who you play,even if for just a little. And I've seen worse vehicle gameplay,as much as I want to complain about those; it's watered down but that little is still polished. Of course,the game isn't innocent because of all the replay value being on the 10 cars and the surprises being the variant party and nothing else, but it's faaar from what we could've gotten. Take notes of what we want to keep, take notes of what we want to remove or improve, and it won't take much for the next ones to be amazing.

Hoping one of those keeps is the custom quests pretty please with a cherry on top. For VA and coding reason, keep them unvoiced or just to new characters,but adding that level of character interaction was so much needed instead of 'Whirlwind did a thing here the other day. We won't even bat an eye when she shows up.'
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:37:50 04/01/2016 by Bifrost
#2545 Posted: 00:53:24 05/01/2016
Soooo... I feel like I am one of the biggest SuperChargers "haters" (obvious exaggeration) and I think I should simply write what I think about the game, without taking the toyline, the distribution and the marketing in consideration.

SuperChargers is indeed a great game.
It has an awesome plot with some really mature and unexpected moments, a fantastic set of new friends and enemies, some truly original gameplay ideas and implemented vehicles in a rather creative and yet non-forced way.
It was a blast to play and I'm sincerely looking forward to whatever V.V. will pull out of their magic hat for Skylanders 7.

The only truly negative thing I can say about it is that it wasn't absolutely the game I was expecting and yet I would have never thought I would have liked it so much.

BUT...
there is no "but".
You thought I would have complained more, isn't it...? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2546 Posted: 02:30:31 05/01/2016
Game is not bad; it simply suffers from decisions that VV probably did not make (ie forced vehicles and vehicle sections are not inspiring) and exploration felt limited due to the random aspect of rewards. All of this restricted the need to replay, short of the missions/quests given by the NPCs in the hub that give specific rewards for those needing completion. It also does not help that ALL of the post game content (racing) is limited without waiting for more action packs which DESTROYS online game play since I'm venturing many are not going to play at the same time---time to strike gold for online gameplay was having that content available at launch---which LIMITED our experiences.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:03 05/01/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#2547 Posted: 12:56:24 07/01/2016
Since people seem to never notice the Mobile subforums exist - it appears Battlecast has soft launched in some countries in iOS. Any info we could get on it would be greatly appreciated~

Stuff from the forum of the article you sent for those who are in a hurry:

Quote:
The ever powerful Kaos has opened a rift into a mysterious world known as the Second Dimension. In this realm, he has dispatched the most infamous villains from Skylands in an attempt to finally destroy the Skylanders. Standard rules and conventional forms of battle do not apply in this dimension, so the Skylanders must use new powers, abilities, and tactics to defeat the villains and ultimately stop Kaos!

With all of its Elemental Realms captured, a new breed of hero is needed to lead the Skylanders and save the Second Dimension from being conquered by Kaos. It’s up to you to become a champion Battlecaster by collecting battle cards, building the ultimate team, and bringing them to life in epic battles never before seen!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:25:17 07/01/2016 by Bifrost
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4287
#2548 Posted: 14:01:20 07/01/2016
The variants aren't as bad as i thought they'd be.

Snaps to them.

Pop Fizz is quite cute.
---
^ You all know it's true
First | Previous | Page 51 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me