darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Spyro's role in the future of Skylanders.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Spyro's role in the future of Skylanders.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#51 Posted: 20:36:56 17/07/2015
Because apparently no one plays 3D Plataformers anymore but those loser fans. That's what Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts told us.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 21:03:36 17/07/2015
Yet Ratchet and Clank are still selling well.

They just need better ideas and respectful innovations.
Spyro could easily shine again with a well thought concept behind it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#53 Posted: 04:02:21 18/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
Yet Ratchet and Clank are still selling well.

They just need better ideas and respectful innovations.
Spyro could easily shine again with a well thought concept behind it.

problem is who's holding his license. If it was sony or anyone else they would easily make another spyro game. after the problems with destiny acti is having with bungie, they won't just make games that can't be made yearly without constant income. acti is getting as bad as ea in that stance and quality does take a dip. spyro can't do that for his games as the quality would suffer that much. the trilogy in a way suffered something like that in how it was released back in the day. someone else would have to buy the license away from activision. the same goes for crash. neither will see another game unless they can make money on a yearly/constant basis off it.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#54 Posted: 07:59:11 18/07/2015
This topic kind of confuses me in that his role will most likely be what's it's always been, rank and file. Even in SSA he never had a stand out moment. Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy were in the end game cinematic and that's about it. The series hasn't really ever singled out anyone Skylander, but that's part of the point. They're all special so buy them all...lol.
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2545
#55 Posted: 08:29:53 18/07/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well, just because Spyro isn't getting a new figure this game doesn't mean he's "dead". I mean, the old figures of him will still be compatible, right? But honestly, I don't get why so many people get so worked up over Spyro. Sure, there are his fans from his glory days, but let's be honest here... They could have not used Spyro, Cynder, or Sparx in the first place and called the first game "Stealth Elf's Adventure" and nothing would be different.

I mean, heck, just look at this:
[User Posted Image]

That's the boxart. And it's Stealth Elf in the center of the cast, not Spyro!

Talking about that i got bored so i made a boxart without spyro. [User Posted Image]
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#56 Posted: 10:51:09 18/07/2015
That doesn't even start to look like a good photoshop.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#57 Posted: 10:53:35 18/07/2015
Quote: funnybone

That's the boxart. And it's Stealth Elf in the center of the cast, not Spyro!

Talking about that i got bored so i made a boxart without spyro. [User Posted Image]

then it starts spyro get deleted from the history....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#58 Posted: 11:12:59 18/07/2015
Spyro will be a main stay in the comics. As for games I think he will be re imagined in the next game.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#59 Posted: 21:08:07 01/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

So it's all the Superchargers and Spyro. Spyro is not even a Supercharger. I just kinda feel like hes been Left out. Like it's Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt are Superchargers but not Spyro. Skylanders started because of Spyro. Skylanders: SPYRO'S Adeventure. They seriously should have made him a supercharger
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#60 Posted: 21:15:42 01/08/2015
Finally! Someone agrees with me!
---
Meh.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3809
#61 Posted: 21:19:28 01/08/2015
I hear people complain that Pop Fizz has to many figures but
Normal, Punch, Super Gulp, Fizzy Frenzy, Love Potion and soon Big Bubble. That’s 6 compared to Spyro's
Normal, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Mega Ram, Mega Ram Dark, Elite and Spyr. 8 figures but people keep wanting more of him, why?
---
Hahahahaha
#62 Posted: 21:24:08 01/08/2015
Guys, we had TWO topics on this,plus derailment on News Thread over it. We also got some closed over arguments. I want Spyro on my game but if we attract genwunners and flamewars with this subject it's best to avoid it for now.

(that said, anyone but Pop Fizz wouldn't have made me AS salty, and if he had an actual race/speed/stunt theme instead of a darn tuba)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:25:02 01/08/2015 by Bifrost
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#63 Posted: 21:50:11 01/08/2015
I can just play my other virsions of Spyro in this game. It's not like the old Spyro's suddenly died.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6345
#64 Posted: 21:51:04 01/08/2015
Topics merged. Please use this topic to discuss Spyro in Skylanders: SuperChargers.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:53:30 01/08/2015 by TTD
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#65 Posted: 22:13:05 01/08/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories
I hear people complain that Pop Fizz has to many figures but
Normal, Punch, Super Gulp, Fizzy Frenzy, Love Potion and soon Big Bubble. That’s 6 compared to Spyro's
Normal, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Mega Ram, Mega Ram Dark, Elite and Spyr. 8 figures but people keep wanting more of him, why?

I think people are referring to reposes (I.E., the same character in a different pose), not color variants. I other words, Pop Fizz has more unique molds than Spyro.

Spyro: Series 1 (Dark, Legendary, and Elite all use the series 1 mold), series 2, and series 3. Spry also has a unique mold, but Spry is technically a separate character from Spyro (just as all the minis are separate characters from their larger counterparts) so it's not really accurate to call Spry a repose of Spyro, since it's not actually Spyro in a different pose, it's a different character altogether. So ultimately Spyro has only three unique molds to himself.

Pop Fizz: Series 1, Lightcore, Series 2, Series 3, Big Bubble. All of those are the same character, and all of those have a unique mold. So Pop Fizz has a total of five unique molds all to himself.
---
Boop me if you see this.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#66 Posted: 01:14:41 02/08/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
I can just play my other virsions of Spyro in this game. It's not like the old Spyro's suddenly died.

yes you can still play him.. but he is not relevant anymore sadly. the thing is people want him back as a relevant character and not have him collect dust in the past.. look at all the gill grunts, i say no more.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#67 Posted: 01:21:53 02/08/2015
You're the one saying he isn't relevant, trying to pull an argument from people in past threads doesn't make it true. I mentioned fear over him losing relevance, but it's not because he skipped a game, it's because if it can be done once, it could be done more over characters the devs want instead,and with so many yeah people could start making Pop Fizz or Star Strike the flagship magiclander.
Oh yeah why am I trying to argue with the points again, I forgot logic doesn't apply against feels.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#68 Posted: 01:34:20 02/08/2015

FINALLY. Someone else knows this.

It's always "WHAAAA!! Spyro's not reposed for this game! He's now dead! Rest in peace! I'll just ignore the other playable figures of Spyro, comics and media that always feature him, and keep moaning and moaning about the lack of Spyro figures for the sake of attention and/or trolling!"

To be honest, it's getting rather irritating.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:12 02/08/2015 by Aura24
#69 Posted: 03:07:39 02/08/2015

Well, I can just not play this game at all.smilie I'll hope for Spyro in Skylanders 6. Provided they make a better gimmick than freaking vehicles.
---
Meh.
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#70 Posted: 09:47:54 02/08/2015
Against all odds I still hope that Activisionwill surprise me with a Spyro in skylanders Superchargers. Of mot then I am going to enjoy superchargers with my Eons Elite Spyro.

It is probably a good thing that he is not part of Superchargers. Why would he need an engine to stand on? Also it makes people realize that tocan also play your old skylanders from the previous games. Also it will create a lot of free promotion for the new game, because it is a recurring topic on forums.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#71 Posted: 13:28:17 02/08/2015
Why can't we all just enjoy Skylanders as a Skylanders game, not a Spyro one?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#72 Posted: 13:43:58 02/08/2015
Because we like Spyro, or at least some of us do. If we can't get a game, at least the character being around can fill the void, especially with so mascots disappearing from consoles nowadays.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:47:59 02/08/2015 by Bifrost
#73 Posted: 15:36:26 02/08/2015
Why can't we all just enjoy Skylanders as a Skylanders game, not a Spyro one?

Spyro was the only reason I got Skylanders in the first place. If Spyro wasn't involved in the game, I probably wouldn't have cared about it.
---
Meh.
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#74 Posted: 20:23:10 02/08/2015
Even without playing another Spyro game, Spyro soon became my favourite skylander for playing.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#75 Posted: 19:58:14 06/08/2015
Well I kind of believed that they just put him in the game in the first place for that cash.
Although I didn't want him to, I did expect him to be pulled out of the game at some point.
I'm personally very dissapointed that he wasn't a SuperCharger, in Trap Team he didn't really get anything because he just had an Eon's Elite and Mini. Sure, that's more than what other charcaters had but it was just too simular to the previous series.
I don't think he's permanently gone from the franchise either, due to him still being featured in the comics, also having merchandise. However, I do believe that the time may be near for him to be sold on again. He case he turns into the other character Activision are keeping locked away. It's just a small worry.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#76 Posted: 20:00:02 06/08/2015
Well, for any IP it's a worry, and even entire genres - way too many stories of devs quitting jobs at AAA companies because they were told X thing is past, for kids, or just not interesting anymore.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#77 Posted: 20:10:04 06/08/2015
Im just glad Activision are bring back some old characters for Eon's Elite. They might actually be worth getting because they are Reposed smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#78 Posted: 06:14:47 09/08/2015
He will never be forgotten! Legends will be remembered! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWkKDRFNOaE
He's just... taking a step away from the spotlight... next game, he'll be back from his training journey with a new moveset! (I hope...)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6471
#79 Posted: 18:51:31 09/09/2015
I wanted to give a chance to the franchise with giants but now spyro and all of the other dragons are gone so it's worthless now.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#80 Posted: 18:56:08 09/09/2015
What are you even talking about? Spyro,Cynder,the other guys,they're still compatible even in the game that's coming out, and the games added new dragons over the years. Sparx is the only one that is now going to be decoration like all other Magic Items(though it might be an upgrade if the decoration actually makes him an NPC).

Besides,you're trying to say that the game is worthless because one playable character isn't the focus, out of over a hundred. There's still a good game to be played here.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:57:35 09/09/2015 by Bifrost
#81 Posted: 19:03:59 09/09/2015
It's still not a spyro game for me even if I admit the only one I played was fun but had problems getting all the elements and scared to give it a shot with a game released every year and the disappearance of the figures when a new one is release.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#82 Posted: 19:05:52 09/09/2015
It's going to be one of these topics again? Haven't we had these about 100 times? "OH, MAH SPECIL SPYRO DIDN'T GET A NEW FIGURE, TEH GAME IS WORTHLESS NOW!!!!!1111!!1!"
---
Dead
#83 Posted: 19:08:49 09/09/2015
Quote: fyra
It's still not a spyro game for me even if I admit the only one I played was fun but had problems getting all the elements and scared to give it a shot with a game released every year and the disappearance of the figures when a new one is release.

Cool, but I think people know it's not a Spyro game. It's a game with Spyro characters in it,and while it's that or nothing, I'll take it. You don't need to be scared of playing a good game, the figures stay just buy them used.
---
#84 Posted: 19:10:39 09/09/2015
the only problems is where when I live in canada and sorry for offending you all.
---
#85 Posted: 19:19:33 09/09/2015
There is a Canada figure hunting thread, you can look for help getting figures there. No offense taken, but do please double check information; the game developers guaranteed this year that the first thing they try to do every game is make every single Skylander compatible.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:39 09/09/2015 by Bifrost
#86 Posted: 19:24:00 09/09/2015
so that mean that my old giants figures will work so I only need a fire one to get access to every zone and..get me spotlight and blackout of course thanks
---
#87 Posted: 19:27:09 09/09/2015
Trap Team has the gates work differently - you need Trap Masters of the element, old skylanders don't unlock it. But in Spyro's Adventure, Giants and Swap Force, you can use anyone that was already released at the time - so your Giants figures will work in every game after, well, Giants, but only unlock gates in their own game and the one right after. In Superchargers there aren't Elemental Gates like the other games at all, you just need one Supercharger to restore rift gates and they come with the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:58 09/09/2015 by Bifrost
#88 Posted: 19:29:31 09/09/2015
so I will only need to buy the trap masters because of having my elements except ones
---
#89 Posted: 19:31:08 09/09/2015
Yeah, pretty much, but it's not exactly needed unless you want to 100% the game - the gates are pretty small in Trap Team and not really adding too much to the game. I'd suggest saving up for vehicles in Superchargers since their areas are absolutely huge,and if you want you can use Spyro or Cynder in all of them since vehicles have special shield health that protect them from being defeated for some time, and any skylander can drive.

And on the role in Superchargers. RiO explained his role pretty much.

Leader of the Core Skylanders since once again he leads the team into defending a place,and he just missed the call of being a Supercharger because he didn't go with Gills and the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:14 09/09/2015 by Bifrost
#90 Posted: 19:36:27 09/09/2015
Thanks I will tell that to my mom because she though that the figures won't work with the newest games even though I'm now 20 and stiil a huge spyro fan.
---
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#91 Posted: 19:43:07 09/09/2015
REMEMBER. Spyro got an EE in stt. So he is not in every single game.
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#92 Posted: 19:44:35 09/09/2015 | Topic Creator
I would also suggest not just getting the dragons. So many of tbe non-dragons play fantastically and are very unique.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#93 Posted: 19:48:20 09/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Not sure why. RiO explained his role pretty much.

Leader of the Core Skylanders since once again he leads the team into defending a place,and he just missed the call of being a Supercharger because he didn't go with Gills and the others.

At least he appears prominently in the prequel.

Spyro sent Jet-Vac, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt and Terrafin to find answers on the Rift Engines from the Know-It-Island's Stoneheads. He stays behind at the Skylander Academy to help protect the Core of Light with a small group of Skylanders, including the Giants.

As an added bonus, here are some of Spyro's quotes from the prequel book -

Quote:
"Listen up, everyone, I know you're all worried right now, and I'd be lying if I said you should feel otherwise. What we're facing now is an evil greater than we've ever know. And for us, that's saying a lot. The portals are down, not just ones at the Aademy, but the entire network. That means the rest of the Skylanders are stranded wherever they are and we can't even contact anyone to let them know we're in trouble. So it's up to our small group to figure out what's causing these terrible rifts, and then stop Kaos and his new army."

Quote:
"Stealth Elf and Jet-Vac will go to Know-It-All Island to see if the Stoneheads can point our search in the right direction. Remember no portals means you won't be able to call for backup, so you'll be totally on your own. The Academy can spare only two more fighters for this mission..."

Quote:
"I know Kaos won the first round, but no one ever said being a Skylander was easy. Doing the impossible is part of the job description... so now it's time to go to work!"

Quote:
"Tell the Giants to maintain their position, then move everyone else to reinforce the north wall. Status on the other teams?"

Quote:
"We have an whole army of Skylanders scattered across Skylands, and they don't even know we're at war, Hugo! There has to be a way to tell them!"

Quote:
"You'll have to discuss the terms of our surrender to our special negotiators... the Giants!"
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:15:39 09/09/2015 by Aura24
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#94 Posted: 20:06:07 09/09/2015
Quote: spyroflame0487
Seems to me that by removing him from the game, they can gauge a game without Spyro pretty much at all, and see how Skylanders stands on its own (which is obvious at this point)

By that notion, I hope that Activision would focus on a standalone Spyro game, that takes place in the Skylands or something and features cameos from other characters, but you play as Spyro for the majority of the game.

I had read they wanted to separate Spyro from the Skylander's series, which is fine if true, but unless he is getting a stand alone game or a revival, I dont' see 'why'
- Unreall
#95 Posted: 20:09:56 09/09/2015
They didn't try that, they're trying to set the series apart. As in, they know it's fruitless to try to please old fans,they'll just try a good game overall not trying to appeal to nostalgia.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:09 09/09/2015 by Bifrost
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#96 Posted: 21:36:22 09/09/2015
Look at this. Every reposed supercharger is there and spyro. But, wait, where is the magic reposed supercharger in this. The same guy who has taken spyro's fame and screentime ever since Giants!!! Sorry, I got carried away, but it's pop fizz.
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#97 Posted: 08:21:42 10/09/2015
Quote:
Skylanders started because of Spyro.

Skylanders used Spyro,s brand name to help launch it . He served his purpose .

Quote:
The same guy who has taken spyro's fame and screentime ever since Giants!!!

This is not a conspiracy its business democracy . The kiddies like to buy Pop Fizz .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#98 Posted: 08:32:05 10/09/2015
Spyro's inclusion was a smart move from activision in order to get more attention for SSA, however, their intention was pretty clear from the beginning: focus on a lot of characters, not only Spyro.

Don't get me wrong I love Spyro, I have played most of his games (except the ones for the handhelds), but the fact he isn't reposed is the natural tendency of the franchise. More characters need to get in, so others need to get less attention (I know I kno, this year's revamps could be considered as reposes, but in fact, they aren't).

Spyro won't dissapear, I even think he will get a repose on other skylanders games, but he can't just be always one of the pillars of the game. Other characters have to be included.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#99 Posted: 12:29:51 10/09/2015
Quote: angelg
Spyro's inclusion was a smart move from activision in order to get more attention for SSA, however, their intention was pretty clear from the beginning: focus on a lot of characters, not only Spyro.

Don't get me wrong I love Spyro, I have played most of his games (except the ones for the handhelds), but the fact he isn't reposed is the natural tendency of the franchise. More characters need to get in, so others need to get less attention (I know I kno, this year's revamps could be considered as reposes, but in fact, they aren't).

Spyro won't dissapear, I even think he will get a repose on other skylanders games, but he can't just be always one of the pillars of the game. Other characters have to be included.

But if that was the case, we wouldn't have Gill Grunt in 'Everything' and Jet-Vac 'essentially' in everything, or Stealth Elf, or Trigger Happy. They have a 'team' that they want the focus on it looks like (which is fine), but I don't see why they would take Spyro out of it. Again, it would be different if they had some plans for Spyro, but looking at the comic stuff, its obvious he's still one of the main characters. Are they losing ground or something by choosing Spyro over Pop Fizz? Nope.
- Unreall
#100 Posted: 12:47:53 10/09/2015
Or the writers would like Spyro but they're the minority in the office. I think David said a few times that he puts Spyro in it even as small roles because he really likes him anyway.

But angelg put it into the right words. It's not a Gills game, not a Triggs game, not a Spyro game, it's a Skylanders game. Focus might change but it's still about everyone at once.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me