darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 24 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#1151 Posted: 12:15:40 07/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
taken from that skylander boy and girl video it seems that the vehicles only get supercharged to certain characters, so if you plan on investing in a character, expect to buy their vehicle to fully be capable of what they can do. the video around in other sections shows how much storm blade can do with hot streak until spitfire uses it. so each combo is going to set you close to 30 bucks to be effective. the fact the game is more or less just walking and driving is kind of a turn off. that gameplay could have been accomplished without the gimmick. so in a way the skylanders can't go through every section unless you put a vehicle on the portal. im a bit down you can't actually place the skylander in there, that's a bit of a downer. stormblade looks good and maybe spitfire but the gameplay is not something i like

I think we have found the catch, and why they won't let you get away with only buying two extra vehicles.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#1152 Posted: 12:24:44 07/06/2015
Guys, keep in mind that 'effective' in a game series this easy is just about any attack, if you're playing on a difficulty shy of Nightmare Mode.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#1153 Posted: 12:53:19 07/06/2015
Iron Jaw Gulch makes no sense, it's in Cloudbreak.
"Yeah guys, let's be on the most faraway continent to the action because that guy lives there"
I know there's the Sky Train now but it's still extremely reckless, Flynn and co. can't portal around.

But the place is the one you can see behind the logo in the starter pack, which looks nothing like the Gulch. Uh, no equivalent of that in my country, but wikipedia's pictures of the Arches National Part in the US look a LOT like the little that's shown there, except they're not floating islands of course. Reusing the textures from the gulch, of course.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:54:24 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1154 Posted: 13:28:52 07/06/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
Guys, keep in mind that 'effective' in a game series this easy is just about any attack, if you're playing on a difficulty shy of Nightmare Mode.

Depends on who's developing the game. VV gives enemies more health as the difficulty goes up essentially making each difficulty point eponentially harder than it would be on a TFB game.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5702
#1155 Posted: 16:49:25 07/06/2015
I'm pretty sure that TFB gave the enemies more health along with more damage. Believe me, in Trap Team, they are far harder to beat in Nightmare than in say Normal. In fact, I felt like I had a harder time in Nightmare Mode than in Giants or Swap-Force. It could be in part because of the Villains, but who knows.

In any case, I would expect this boost from becoming Supercharged to be a decent one, not so measly as just a slight damage boost. I would expect something like increased defense or speed with it too. A stat post, yes, but not restricted to damage.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#1156 Posted: 16:49:25 07/06/2015
Quote: superhalite
My theory of how he escaped is that Glumshanks broke him out. Or the darkness released him because he wants something to do with Kaos.

Yes I was thinking this could have happened too.

Quote: TTD
I wonder if we'll be going back to Iron Jaw Gulch.

Swap Force
[User Posted Image]

SuperChargers
[User Posted Image]

Swap Force
[User Posted Image]

SuperChargers
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Drek95
Looks like we will.

Unless Iron Jaw Gulch is the new hub.
Could be since Sharpfin has a much bigger role, and it would also seems there will be plenty of space to play with vehicles (at least with the sky ones).

Yes this is quite possible since it is a huge open space, with plenty of land/air to drive/fly through. There could be a water place as well, maybe off to the side or something.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#1157 Posted: 16:53:09 07/06/2015
God that quote is going to stretch the page hard.
Also in the trailer there's some footage of a similar place but it has no signs of the island edges, almost a flat plain with the thin mountains there and there.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1158 Posted: 17:16:33 07/06/2015
My theory of how he escaped is that Glumshanks broke him out. Or the darkness released him because he wants something to do with Kaos.

Agreed. It's almost as if the darkness helps him every time. It also seems like the light side helps as well. The Gaints were found when they needed to be, the Swap Force were found when they needed to be, and the Trap Masters and Traps were found when needed. It's like there is an unspoken about "light force" to counteract the "dark force"
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#1159 Posted: 17:21:57 07/06/2015
Also known as fate in heroic fantasies like this. As the scroll that got a plot hole about PMs said, they only show up when Skylands needs them.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1160 Posted: 17:27:56 07/06/2015
Quote: zookinator
I'm pretty sure that TFB gave the enemies more health along with more damage. Believe me, in Trap Team, they are far harder to beat in Nightmare than in say Normal. In fact, I felt like I had a harder time in Nightmare Mode than in Giants or Swap-Force. It could be in part because of the Villains, but who knows.

Nightmare mode is different...
But in every TFB game so far increasing the difficulty (Unless on Nightmare Mode) only increases the damage enemies dish out but not (enough for me to notice anyway) how much health they have. This is a problem TFB have. This also makes playing through earlier levels boring as you can never execute a combo strategically before the enemies die. I like how VV did it in Swap Force, but you had to constantly change the difficulty as the characters were terribly unbalanced in how much damage they did and their Rate of Fire. Hopefully they can fix that in SuperChargers
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#1161 Posted: 17:34:36 07/06/2015
TFB's idea of difficulty really is kind of frustrating, which is DIFFERENT from hard. I guess they wanted to keep it from being boring but changing from having damage sponges to enemies with near 1KHOs is still going to make the experience bad. An enemy that will punish you for slacking is good difficulty,a damage sponge that you have to manage to not take too many hits makes things slower but not automatically silly,but one that can kill you for not dodging something pixel perfect is frustrating. By far a big problem with TT's balancing because it favors ranged attackers too much.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:07 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
#1162 Posted: 17:35:18 07/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Also known as fate in heroic fantasies like this. As the scroll that got a plot hole about PMs said, they only show up when Skylands needs them.

Exactly. In Skylands this force always causes good to win. The darkness tries to nullify the light by using pawns, but we have never seen a full on attack from the darkness. I think that the end of this game will allude to that.
---
#1163 Posted: 17:47:07 07/06/2015
Who knows. The Darkness itself is unknown to be THE definite source of evil in Skylands,or it's just so big no one sees who might be worse. It brought evil to Skylands until the Core of Light was built, but it still only brought criminals and blocked every source of light around. Out there it might have a dimension that is THE evil.
---
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#1164 Posted: 18:06:42 07/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: Bifrost

Exactly. In Skylands this force always causes good to win. The darkness tries to nullify the light by using pawns, but we have never seen a full on attack from the darkness. I think that the end of this game will allude to that.

I fell this is true. But now i'm thinking... What if at the end of the series a guy closes a book that says the tale of skylands Then the series finishes?
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#1165 Posted: 18:28:26 07/06/2015
Or when the devs turn off their computers. Unless they pretend it never happened, TT's credits imply that if there's any meta element,is that the dev teams have control over Skylands, like those reality warpers in fiction that didn't create the world but can make it bend to their will.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:11 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6286
#1166 Posted: 07:42:26 09/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hurricane Jet Vac Gameplay

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

------
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:19 09/06/2015 by TTD
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#1167 Posted: 11:09:01 09/06/2015
The jet streamer looks amazing!
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#1168 Posted: 11:35:50 09/06/2015

Jet Stream, not Jet Streamer.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1169 Posted: 11:41:45 09/06/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude

Potato, potahto.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#1170 Posted: 11:49:04 09/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Potato, potahto.

Not really.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#1171 Posted: 11:59:22 09/06/2015
Now that I think about it, I think it's still possible it's Iron Jaw Gulch. Bifrost made a good point on it being far away, but just because it's far away doesn't mean we won't return to it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#1172 Posted: 12:02:41 09/06/2015
Now that I think about it, I think it's still possible it's Iron Jaw Gulch. Bifrost made a good point on it being far away, but just because it's far away doesn't mean we won't return to it.

We might be visiting many different locations all across Skylands. Vehicles would be quite useful for that...
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#1173 Posted: 20:41:59 09/06/2015
Quote: ultyzaus

We might be visiting many different locations all across Skylands. Vehicles would be quite useful for that...

It's quite possible, and visiting areas we've been to before would make a great addition to the game. I would personally love to play new levels in areas from Spyro's Adventure, especially the Life levels.
---
smilie smilie
3skylanderbro Blue Sparx Gems: 813
#1174 Posted: 20:50:27 09/06/2015
I heard something about the Sheep girl being called Rampage. Anyone seen anything or know where it came from?
---
Just three brothers who love skylanders!!!!
#1175 Posted: 20:53:05 09/06/2015
Quote: 3skylanderbro
I heard something about the Sheep girl being called Rampage. Anyone seen anything or know where it came from?

Idk where it came from but I know that they r talking about it on the SuperChargers page.
---
smilie smilie
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1176 Posted: 20:53:18 09/06/2015
Quote: 3skylanderbro

Awesome name, but who told you that?
---
Spread those positive vibes
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1177 Posted: 20:54:41 09/06/2015
From SodaPopHD:

"This just in: Rumors are popping up about the Magic Skylander's name being "Rampage". I'm serious, I don't lie."

I wouldn't count on that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:10 09/06/2015 by Aura24
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#1178 Posted: 20:56:18 09/06/2015
Maybe a coincidence, but there was a "Rampage" on this Skylanders fangame roster:
Quote: captainzombie
http://www.gonintendo.com/stor...lot-online-play

Quote:
Plot summary

"Kaos has finally Realized the true evil portal master that he is after destroying Eon in a battle. He now having great power, decides he no longer wants to rule Skylands- He wants to destroy it. He has grown to a Giant form and has begun to tear Skylands apart with he bare hands. Spyro, new leader of the Skylanders, has gathered and elite team of Skylanders to explore a new, mysterious part of Skylands -The Rift Isles. A place where all of Skylands connects. The only way to survive the high magical powers of the the Rift Isles is to move faster then it can get to you. And that's why Spyro made an elite team- a team of Racers. Now you must use theses, and your other Skylanders and their powers to navigate the Rift Isles ,and brig Kaos to his knees."

- There are 2 modes in Skylanders Overdrive "Story" and "Overdrive Circuit".
- Overdrive Circuit is a Mario Kart inspired mode.
- You have to upgrade your Karts through out the story, by purchasing upgrades/parts
- Every figure Old and New Unlocks parts.
- Game is set for a September 20th 2015 release
- coming to Wii U, may not be coming to 3DS/Wii
- first in the franchise to feature online play
- Players can race each other online.
- The elite team of Racers is called "Overdrive Omegas" These characters have a Overdrive meter you build up then activate to increase the speed and attack of your character for about 20 seconds. They also provide and advantage during the racing segments of the game. These characters have horrible defense and health stats.
- 20 Overdrive Omegas, 20 Cores

FIRE-

Flare (Overdrive Omega)
Afterburner (Overdrive Omega)
Inferno (Core)
Santa Anna (Core)

TECH-

Jumper Cable (Overdrive Omega)
Power Grim (Overdrive Omega)
Grinder (Core)
Joy Buzzer (Core)

WATER-

Man O War (Overdrive Omega)
Backwash (Overdrive Omega)
Pack Attack (Core)
Lockjaw (Core)

MAGIC-

Stitch Doctor (Overdrive Omega)
Magic 8 (Overdrive Omega)
Lucky Foot (Core)
Alpha Star (Core)

UNDEAD-

Bonecrusher (Overdrive Omega)
Nightcrawler (Overdrive Omega)
Fossilizer (Core)
Chuckles (Core)

LIFE-

Branchout (Overdrive Omega)
Flydra (Overdrive Omega)
Cherry Bomb (Core)
Sporror (Core)

EARTH-

Dust Bunny (Overdrive Omega)
Rampage (Overdrive Omega)
Rock Star (Core)
Cliffhanger (Core)

AIR-

Wings (Overdrive Omega)
Airtime (Overdrive Omega)
Airswine (Core)
Skyshot (Core)

LIGHT-

Sun Block (Overdrive Omega)
Lightspeed (Overdrive Omega)
Projector (Core)
Angler Aura (Core)

DARK-

Darkage (Overdrive Omega)
Shade Raider (Overdrive Omega)
Hattrap (Core)
Night Club (Core)

The Kart racing is going to be cool if this is true.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...c=117743&page=4
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
3skylanderbro Blue Sparx Gems: 813
#1179 Posted: 20:57:07 09/06/2015
Okay, I looked it up on Google and the only thing that popped up was a fan-made game story line
---
Just three brothers who love skylanders!!!!
#1180 Posted: 20:57:32 09/06/2015
Guys, some of the young users on the chatroom will believe anything. Don't take their word for granted unless they have an official source to back up their claims.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1181 Posted: 20:58:44 09/06/2015
Quote: Aura24
Guys, some of the young users on the chatroom will believe anything. Don't take their word for granted unless they have an official source to back up their claims.

Oh god, so the whole thing was fake. Ok.
---
#1182 Posted: 21:03:42 09/06/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard

I wonder what her real name will be?
---
smilie smilie
#1183 Posted: 21:16:01 09/06/2015
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever

Hopefully we'll learn soon, so young fans would stop trying to make their fan names for the SuperCharger 'official'.
---
#1184 Posted: 21:17:50 09/06/2015
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever

Hopefully we'll learn soon, so young fans would stop trying to make their fan names for the SuperCharger 'official'.

Yeah, and I'm not too impressed with some fan names out there (including the Contest ones. Bat Spin, anyone?)
---
#1185 Posted: 21:18:51 09/06/2015
Hey, what is the music in the trailer called?
---
#1186 Posted: 21:26:54 09/06/2015
It sounds like a cover of All Night Long by Joe Walsh
---
#1187 Posted: 21:28:04 09/06/2015
http://www.shazam.com/track/26...er=shazamformac

That is what shazam says (in reference to the music used in the trailer). Looks like they made it themselves.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:42:49 09/06/2015 by TTD
#1188 Posted: 21:49:48 09/06/2015
Quote: Wolfgang

Yeah, and I'm not too impressed with some fan names out there (including the Contest ones. Bat Spin, anyone?)

Bat Spin and Flip Wreck are the reason I don't think that contests will be a good idea. If a bunch of people in DS do actually pretty good backstories and names and they pick "he is half dolphin and half ship wreck", it's obvious they didn't really want to spend any time actually judging. High Five was genuinely well written for the 200 word limit but I doubt there wasn't anything better than 2nd and 3rd places.

I mean, I'd love if there was this worldwide art contest to make a Skylander,but because kids' game it'll allow only US and only up until 12 years old,meaning that it'd be a contest of who we'll cringe at less than who's the better designed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:31 09/06/2015 by Bifrost
#1189 Posted: 22:16:53 09/06/2015
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if her name was Rampage. It's fitting.
---
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#1190 Posted: 08:47:16 10/06/2015
I'm not sure about Rampage, that word feels very masculine and a Ram is a male sheep/goat. Bonus points to VV though if they call the character Rampage and it's Skylanders first transgender character.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:47:37 10/06/2015 by wideawakewesley
#1191 Posted: 14:36:54 10/06/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley
I'm not sure about Rampage, that word feels very masculine and a Ram is a male sheep/goat. Bonus points to VV though if they call the character Rampage and it's Skylanders first transgender character.

We don't know for sure it's a female.
---
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#1192 Posted: 14:41:06 10/06/2015
Interesting.. I wonder what Activision is doing with the domain(s)?

skylanderssupercharge.com - registered privately on godaddy
skylanderssupercharged.com - registered privately on godaddy
skylanderssupercharger.com - registered privately on godaddy
skylanderssuperchargers.com - registered by someone in Great Britain (not Acti as far as I can tell)

I guess they are giving up and just running everything now via the skylanders.com domain? This might make sense to help hide the name of the game and keep us from finding it out in advance, but on the other hand it does not make sense to give away the domain of your new game because people will undoubtedly go there with a web browser... I wonder if they will be lawyering up over this?

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#1193 Posted: 14:44:04 10/06/2015
It's not to hide, it's to get more views. People do this with tags all the time, so mistypes redirect to the main site anyway.
---
#1194 Posted: 17:59:43 10/06/2015

Her eyelashes tell otherwise.

Got the latest Gameinformer issue, it has SuperChargers as one of the main highlights. Took some screenshots on the notable content said -

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:39:12 10/06/2015 by Aura24
#1195 Posted: 21:05:11 10/06/2015

Got the latest Gameinformer issue, it has SuperChargers as one of the main highlights. Took some screenshots on the notable content said -

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Pretty cool , but the guy says Cloud Kingdom is the third level in the game, when it's actually the 12th/13th/14th.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6286
#1196 Posted: 21:17:42 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Pretty cool , but the guy says Cloud Kingdom is the third level in the game, when it's actually the 12th/13th/14th.

3rd level but 12th chapter. They're changing the meaning of chapters this year, each level has 3/ 4 checkpoints this year and each checkpoint represents a new chapter. So each level will consist of multiple chapters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:23 10/06/2015 by TTD
#1197 Posted: 21:18:40 10/06/2015
I think that the each of the different 'levels' of the game are comprised of a few 'chapters', so I wouldn't discount that as inaccurate just yet.
---
#1198 Posted: 21:19:36 10/06/2015
Yeah,but third would be a bit of a stretch. Unless the first two levels are amazingly long to introduce mechanics,which isn't always a good thing.
---
#1199 Posted: 21:43:11 10/06/2015
So, by just guessing, how many levels should we expect this game?

To early to tell, but why not make a fun go at it?
---
#1200 Posted: 23:36:14 10/06/2015
Wikia interview is out! I'll go and guess the link won't work won't work,yup it didn't.

http:// skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/ User_blog: Pinkachu/ Community_Q%26A_-_ What_does_the_future_hold_for_Skylanders

Remove the spaces.

Wow, they just took the most vague questions AND answered three from the same person. Congrats,we learned nothing.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:42:08 10/06/2015 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 24 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me