Forum

Poll

13 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2!
First | Previous | Page 32 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V2! [CLOSED]
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1551 Posted: 00:49:41 08/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Mewtwo should be coming anytime now!

I'm expecting another Direct between now and May. Just to show off Mewtwo, some more Amiibo if that leak is true, and some final info regarding Splatoon.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8478
#1552 Posted: 00:55:39 08/03/2015
How bout we have another character discussion?

Lucario

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:00:28 08/03/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1553 Posted: 01:01:49 08/03/2015
Lucario is uniqe and meh.
---
you never saw me
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1554 Posted: 01:21:49 08/03/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: StriderSwag
I don't have an SD card, but I took this cool pic while trying my Shulk amiibo, I thought you'd all like it.
/snip

I keep forgetting how good the Wii U version looks; I only really play the 3DS version because I carry my 3DS everywhere I go. But if I'm sitting down, I like to play the Wii U version.

The Wii U version is gorgeous. I love it.
A lot of the stages are beautifully made too, like Gaur Plain.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Much beauty.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1555 Posted: 13:54:17 08/03/2015
Anyone confirm what Mewtwo's price is going to be for those that don't have both versions?

Also, most games have graphical blurs like that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:54:41 08/03/2015 by MugoUrth
#1556 Posted: 14:22:31 08/03/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
Anyone confirm what Mewtwo's price is going to be for those that don't have both versions?

...Not THAT kind of distortion.

Though I wasn't taking a stab at the game, I just find these hilarious (I have a good few more like this).

I have tons of genuinely beautiful screenshots though, like these:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1557 Posted: 14:26:37 08/03/2015

I thought it was $8.99
#1558 Posted: 14:28:07 08/03/2015
Mewtwo has not had a confirmed price for non-Club Nintendo users, nor has he had a confirmed release date for Club Nintendo users or anyone else.
---
#1559 Posted: 14:29:03 08/03/2015
Oh whoops.

Anyone wanna smash?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:34 08/03/2015 by Mesuxelf
#1560 Posted: 17:43:00 08/03/2015

I thought it was $8.99

I hope to god Nintendo's not releasing Mewtwo for THAT price. I almost have my mind set on downloading it, but that's WAY too high.

Also, wasn't Rayman confirmed fake?
#1561 Posted: 18:40:07 08/03/2015

I thought it was $8.99

I hope to god Nintendo's not releasing Mewtwo for THAT price. I almost have my mind set on downloading it, but that's WAY too high.

It won't be that price. The Mario Kart DLC packs are that price, but they contain a lot more content. Mewtwo will probably cost €1.99 at most.

And it was confirmed fake, but he still has a trophy in the Wii U version.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1562 Posted: 20:42:08 08/03/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

I thought it was $8.99

It won't be that price. The Mario Kart DLC packs are that price, but they contain a lot more content. Mewtwo will probably cost €1.99 at most.

$4.99 for one console would be a better price. They have to make a profit someway. People will still buy it anyway. They could also so $7.99 for a bundle that gives access to Mewtwo on 3DS and Wii U smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#1563 Posted: 20:46:35 08/03/2015
While talking abut DLC, do you think they'll do DLC for smash (other than Mewtwo ofcourse)
#1564 Posted: 20:48:24 08/03/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

$4.99 for one console would be a better price. They have to make a profit someway. People will still buy it anyway. They could also so $7.99 for a bundle that gives access to Mewtwo on 3DS and Wii U smilie

Nintendo have been way too smart with their DLC so far to do something as ludicrous as charge a fiver for a single Smash Bros character. If you assumed every Smash character is worth a fiver, then you'd be looking at the price to total to over a couple of hundred dollars.
---
#1565 Posted: 21:03:41 08/03/2015 | Topic Creator
While talking abut DLC, do you think they'll do DLC for smash (other than Mewtwo ofcourse)

I think they will. Smash is a huge money maker for Ninty, and they've already shown that they know how to do DLC right. It could also give the team time to work on planned characters like a Rythym Heaven rep without having to delay the game.
#1566 Posted: 21:10:14 08/03/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion

I think they will. Smash is a huge money maker for Ninty, and they've already shown that they know how to do DLC right. It could also give the team time to work on planned characters like a Rythym Heaven rep without having to delay the game.

But the only reason I think will prevent them is that they are keeping the roster the same. That's the reason Ice Climbers weren't in Smash 4.
If they do DLC, I don't think they'll have any more characters.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1567 Posted: 21:20:52 08/03/2015

But the only reason I think will prevent them is that they are keeping the roster the same. That's the reason Ice Climbers weren't in Smash 4.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, weren't the Ice Climbers excluded because the 3DS capabilities couldn't handle them?

Excuse my thoughts if I was in fact reading wrong. I do that a lot.
---
you never saw me
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1568 Posted: 21:23:48 08/03/2015
I thought there was some miiverse stage or something like that.
---
Dead
#1569 Posted: 21:47:08 08/03/2015 | Topic Creator

I think they will. Smash is a huge money maker for Ninty, and they've already shown that they know how to do DLC right. It could also give the team time to work on planned characters like a Rhythm Heaven rep without having to delay the game.

A Rhythm Heaven rep doesn't have to be the Chorus Kids, I think Marshall is more likely.

Characters are the thing that would sell the most, imagine how well K. Rool or Solid Snake DLC would do. They'd be dumb to not cash in.

Quote: mega spyro
I thought there was some miiverse stage or something like that.

Yep, A Miiverse stage is also coming as DLC.
#1570 Posted: 21:58:19 08/03/2015
The Miiverse stage and Tournament Mode, as well as sharing on Wii U, have been touted as updates so far, not DLC. Not MUCH of a difference, but still an important distinction nonetheless.

As far as actual DLC goes, I am doubtful of more beyond Mewtwo at this point. Sakurai seems more or less done with this game right now, even though he has finished. Unless he assigns a team to keep producing content, we will not see anymore.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6279
#1571 Posted: 00:39:43 09/03/2015
Mewtwo for $5 does seem like a very realistic charge. Most fighting games tend to offer characters for that price and Nintendo isn't necessarily known for offering cheap prices for content or their games.

I do expect though that Mewtwo would be cross buy even when purchased. It doesn't make sense to charge a second time or a bit extra if someone has both versions of the game and wants a complete roster.

And I think it goes without saying that I would love to see future DLC. Smash Bros is one of the only games where I would be perfectly content with paying for extra content and I hope Sakurai is thoughtful enough to let the team make more characters while he takes on a supervision role, if not take a full break from all development.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:05 09/03/2015 by CAV
#1572 Posted: 02:18:24 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Anyone wanna Settle it in Smash?
#1573 Posted: 02:57:19 09/03/2015
I'm about to go to bed but we'll SMASH tomorrow Lunar!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8793
#1574 Posted: 04:08:28 09/03/2015
Smash, that game where you play like a ****ing boss some days and like **** in others.
#1575 Posted: 06:02:50 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Accurate representation of Competitive Smash 4...

#1576 Posted: 16:19:39 09/03/2015
Quote: CAV
Mewtwo for $5 does seem like a very realistic charge. Most fighting games tend to offer characters for that price and Nintendo isn't necessarily known for offering cheap prices for content or their games.

Nintendo isn't known for offering cheap prices for DLC in their games if you look at the raw prices, but the only reason the prices are like that is because they offer a lot of content. And the prices ARE cheap if you consider the content you get.

Mario Kart 8 DLC packs are $7.99 individually, but they contain 3 characters, 4 vehicles, and 8 tracks each. Buying both in a bundle is $11.99. The prices are numerically the same in dollars too. Tracks wise (the most important part of Mario Kart content wise), you get 50% worth of the base game's content added on, but you don't pay $30 (that would be half the price of Mario Kart).

Then you have Mario Golf: World Tour, which is released at a budget price, but has a $15 Season Pass that pushes the price of the game up to a full price game, with the Season Pass granting you all of the game's 3 DLC packs as they release. Each individual pack is $5.99, having one new character and two new courses each (with one course obviously being 18 holes long).

Then you have Hyrule Warriors, which again, has a $20 Season Pass. While it is a full price game by default, all of the DLC packs individually offer hundreds of hours worth of content, so it's a bargain. The prices for the DLC packs range from $2.99 for the Boss Pack and $7.99 for the other three. It's really a steal though, considering all of the content in it.

So yeah, I really don't see Nintendo charging $5 for ONE character in Smash, especially since a character in Hyrule Warriors is just as big an addition as in Smash.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:21:12 09/03/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1577 Posted: 16:52:40 09/03/2015
^I would honestly argue that a Hyrule Warriors character release doesn't equal a Smash Bros character release. I don't own Hyrule Warriors yet but I doubt new characters in that game have as much of an impact on the meta and entire roster as a new character in a fighting game, and especially one with a roster as big as Smash Bros. Sakurai may have expressed indifference to the idea, but making a new fighting game character also requires balancing it out with every other character on the roster. The Skullgirls developers made special note of this as reason for why new characters are expensive and time consuming, and they were working with a roster of just 8 at the time (this was pre-Squigly), let alone 52 characters with several custom moves each.

The amount of work that is likely going into Mewtwo will probably result in a $5 asking price, though cross-buy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:24 09/03/2015 by CAV
#1578 Posted: 17:39:39 09/03/2015
I can smash if anyone else wants to.
#1579 Posted: 18:53:50 09/03/2015
^I would honestly argue that a Hyrule Warriors character release doesn't equal a Smash Bros character release. I don't own Hyrule Warriors yet but I doubt new characters in that game have as much of an impact on the meta and entire roster as a new character in a fighting game, and especially one with a roster as big as Smash Bros. Sakurai may have expressed indifference to the idea, but making a new fighting game character also requires balancing it out with every other character on the roster. The Skullgirls developers made special note of this as reason for why new characters are expensive and time consuming, and they were working with a roster of just 8 at the time (this was pre-Squigly), let alone 52 characters with several custom moves each.

The amount of work that is likely going into Mewtwo will probably result in a $5 asking price, though cross-buy.

A Hyrule Warriors character (or even weapon) addition does take just as much, if not more, fine tuning as a Smash character. The attacks have to effect a wider area (since it's 3D), are more performance intensive, and the animations are much more detailed. There is also much greater variance in sizes than in Smash Bros which has to be balanced properly, upgrade paths and weapons have to be balanced, and there is such a thing as character/weapon match ups in Hyrule Warriors.

So a Hyrule Warriors character addition would take just as much thought as a Smash Bros one.
---
#1580 Posted: 20:57:33 09/03/2015

A Hyrule Warriors character (or even weapon) addition does take just as much, if not more, fine tuning as a Smash character. The attacks have to effect a wider area (since it's 3D), are more performance intensive, and the animations are much more detailed. There is also much greater variance in sizes than in Smash Bros which has to be balanced properly, upgrade paths and weapons have to be balanced, and there is such a thing as character/weapon match ups in Hyrule Warriors.

So a Hyrule Warriors character addition would take just as much thought as a Smash Bros one.

Hyrule Warriors character =/= Smash Bros DLC Character.

How can you compare two games that aren't even the same genre to each other? You can't play online with that character, you can't use him in tournaments. Sure HW needs to be precise on attacks when developing, but does it matter to the competitive community if the attack is off slightly? No. Nobody uses that in tournaments. Smash has more development to keep the character in balance to other characters. Somethings off? Quick patch to the DLC. These are used in tournaments worldwide, when a hack and slash game isn't. $5 is a great price for DLC that offers numerous hours of gameplay, and if it ever looks to be that price, nobody is forcing you to buy it. I think it's ludicrous how people will instantly drop $60 for the full game but think $5 is too much for an expansion.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1581 Posted: 21:39:31 09/03/2015

How can you compare two games that aren't even the same genre to each other? You can't play online with that character, you can't use him in tournaments. Sure HW needs to be precise on attacks when developing, but does it matter to the competitive community if the attack is off slightly? No. Nobody uses that in tournaments. Smash has more development to keep the character in balance to other characters. Somethings off? Quick patch to the DLC. These are used in tournaments worldwide, when a hack and slash game isn't. $5 is a great price for DLC that offers numerous hours of gameplay, and if it ever looks to be that price, nobody is forcing you to buy it. I think it's ludicrous how people will instantly drop $60 for the full game but think $5 is too much for an expansion.

There is literally no point trying to debate the arbitrary uses of the characters to the community. Of course Smash characters have more use in that regard. But that doesn't change the fact that Hyrule Warriors characters are still worth as much as a Smash character from a developmental standpoint, and do indeed need to be balanced just as much. Keep in mind that the tournament arguement doesn't work with Smash, as Sakurai has explicitly stated he doesn't really make the game for people who play at tournament level.

And yes, people would care if the hitboxes in Hyrule Warriors were off, because it is a game with hundreds of hours worth of content. You don't want to go through that with bad hitboxes that both break immersion and make things uneccessarily hard.
---
#1582 Posted: 21:44:06 09/03/2015

There is literally no point trying to debate the arbitrary uses of the characters to the community. Of course Smash characters have more use in that regard. But that doesn't change the fact that Hyrule Warriors characters are still worth as much as a Smash character from a developmental standpoint, and do indeed need to be balanced just as much. Keep in mind that the tournament arguement doesn't work with Smash, as Sakurai has explicitly stated he doesn't really make the game for people who play at tournament level.

And yes, people would care if the hitboxes in Hyrule Warriors were off, because it is a game with hundreds of hours worth of content. You don't want to go through that with bad hitboxes that both break immersion and make things uneccessarily hard.

Never did I say one word about hitboxes. I said if the attack was off, whether damage stops 1 second before the animation ends, or doesn't start until 1 second after the animation starts. Sakurai said that Smash has no future as a competitive game, meaning he does not want to make a game specifically for competitive use, as newcomers won't find any hope in playing a game that's specifically made for veterans of the series. This doesn't mean that the game right now can't be used at tournaments, when Nintendo is encouraging the use of this game at tournaments.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1583 Posted: 22:59:08 09/03/2015
The game will be used at tournaments, of course, but Sakurai isn't thinking of tournaments when developing characters for the game, is the point I am trying to make. Tournaments have no bearing on how long Sakurai and his team spend on developing a character.

Quote:
I said if the attack was off, whether damage stops 1 second before the animation ends, or doesn't start until 1 second after the animation starts.

You mean start-up lag/end lag? Yes, people do care about that in Hyrule Warriors. In fact, there have been balance patches specifically for that in Hyrule Warriors. Volga in particular got a nerf at one point, one of his attacks had a hitbox that stayed out for too long, so they nerfed it, and gave it ending lag.
---
#1584 Posted: 17:18:45 10/03/2015
Anyone else having problems with connections online? I hate it when I'm in a battle and my connection cuts out. When I'm winning, it basically cheats me out of that win, but when I'm losing then people may think I ragequit on them when it was just my connection, and when the match barely even started, then it's just really annoying.
#1585 Posted: 18:39:11 10/03/2015
^ Only on 3DS
#1586 Posted: 18:55:10 10/03/2015
^ Only on Wii U for me
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#1587 Posted: 17:51:05 11/03/2015
Sorry about that lag, sonicbrawler and CAV. ;^~^
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#1588 Posted: 18:13:26 11/03/2015
It's all good.
#1589 Posted: 18:31:30 11/03/2015
Are you all playing Smash?
Do you mind if I join in?
#1590 Posted: 21:00:48 11/03/2015
Accepting any challenges for Wii U or 3DS right now. Send a message if you're down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:04 11/03/2015 by CAV
#1591 Posted: 21:07:23 11/03/2015
Accepting any challenges for Wii U or 3DS right now. Send a message if you're down.

Message sent!
#1592 Posted: 13:28:59 14/03/2015
I see Ganondorf quite a lot online, but... I was playing with him earlier, and I don't see much to like. Sure, Bowser has little Combo potential, but from what I can tell Ganondork has NO combo potential. Even his normal punch is just one hit. Yeah, he's got strong attacks, but without any real comboing potential, he kind of relies on hit-and-run to win.

Edit: I keep checking the tier list, and I notice Bowser and Bowser Jr. keep trading spots. One minute Bowser's right above his son, the next Bowser Jr. is slightly above his father. They both seem to be cemented in "Middle of the road" tier.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:31:34 14/03/2015 by MugoUrth
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1593 Posted: 13:42:52 14/03/2015
Well, Bowser and Bowser Jr are both incredibly powerful overall, but you need a certain skill set to play as Jr., and Bowser is just slow and bulky.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1594 Posted: 13:47:22 14/03/2015
I''m starting a Smash Bros RP if anyone is interested. Please check it out!

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=115181
---
#1595 Posted: 17:29:25 14/03/2015
I see Ganondorf quite a lot online, but... I was playing with him earlier, and I don't see much to like. Sure, Bowser has little Combo potential, but from what I can tell Ganondork has NO combo potential. Even his normal punch is just one hit. Yeah, he's got strong attacks, but without any real comboing potential, he kind of relies on hit-and-run to win.

I think the reason a lot of people use Ganon online is because his power allows them to stick around in one spot and punish someone for trying to run around them (his down smash especially is good at this). As someone who tends to try and get around the opponent to attack, I have to get more defensive than usual against a Ganon player because of the power and how many players have no problems with waiting for you to make a mistake.

Also some of them can be troll players because of his side-B in the air.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#1596 Posted: 19:41:50 14/03/2015
Doing Team Smash online and being put on a team with some piece of **** playing as Little Mac and Constantly Side-specials himself off the edge is the most annoying thing, I kid you not.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#1597 Posted: 00:08:57 15/03/2015
I play a lot of Captain Falcon, dem up air combos tho
---
henlo
#1598 Posted: 00:47:17 15/03/2015
Quote: Will171717

Same with Mario.
#1599 Posted: 01:21:16 15/03/2015
I think I got the hang of Roslina because I somehow managed to beat all of my Amiibo(s) with her.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#1600 Posted: 03:33:43 15/03/2015
Quote: Will171717

Same with Mario.

And Marth.
First | Previous | Page 32 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me