darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread
First | Previous | Page 20 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Pre Launch General Discussion and Speculation Thread [CLOSED]
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#951 Posted: 02:55:20 18/09/2014
I hope VV can bring back PVP in Skylanders 5, I would forgive them for almost everything wrong in SSF.

(PAGE!)
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#952 Posted: 03:14:00 18/09/2014
I don't feel the desire to post a whole new thread, as such I guess this thread is as good as any. It has generally been my default thread to post and sound off about things. As many may have noticed I've been gone MIA for the last several weeks. I've had some medical issues. That aside though as I don't want to derail things...

Anyways I've been playing catch up on many of the new details that have been popping up over the last several days. That in mind, my stance has changed on my feelings with the game. I will be going from begrudgingly attempting to stick around, to washing my hands of things. At least at this point with the start of things and getting everything on release day at midnight openings like normal. I might come back around when things start going into major sale mode. As of right now though I am even less happy with the direction of how things are going.

Yeah, yeah. Mumble mumble, groan groan, whine whine whine. Whatever. I'm just at that point now that I need to make a judgement call. Both on a financial level, dealing with my limited gaming time, and personal enjoyment. The best way to avoid my minor OCD and collector aspect, to avoid it all together. I have no desire to collect 6 traps of every element because some gaming screen wants to remind me every time that I'm missing mold types. No PvP? Well there goes a major factor that I had to play with my wife when we couldn't waste 30-40+ mins on a level with Swap Force. Still little to no info on the 3DS version, which again is a major factor for my wife wanting to play the game. Shes the gamer on the portable platforms far more than me. I REALLY dont want to invest in traps if I cant even make use of them on both games.

I really however felt that as the game got closer to release that something would reveal itself that would turn my grumpy exterior around and revitalize that original fun and joy that the series gave me. I do enjoy the character designs, but I just can't use that as enough as an excuse anymore. Gameplay and mechanics are a factor too and its just failing for me with what I see. I'm done with the cash grab gimmicks. I'm done with the needless variant nonsense. I'm done venting. People on the boards have heard me rant enough times.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#953 Posted: 03:33:37 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
GothamLord, I miss your posts, and was wondering what your thoughts have been of late.

Really, all of this "news" on Trap Team is just showing character gameplay and one additional mode...at the HEART of it. You and I share the same thoughts and I kept hoping Acti would "come around" but it seems to be sinking further away from what I liked/wanted in the game. They feel overconfident in their under-delivery that I think I may do the same thing...I was teetering from always purchasing to cutting purchases in half but the latest news is making it difficult for me to even get a starter pack purchase. Quests, Heroics, PvP...all gone and no hint of any content to replace it. Any "new" content requires you to do a "villain quest" which we've yet to confirm will actually DO anything. Kaos Mode and Brock Challenges seems like that's all we get once we beat story...

I just don't get the charm of this game...it's one huge slugfest. The charm of the original--nowhere to be seen. I'm burned out telling my tales of woe to a wall of silence. I'll sit back and see what happens.

Yep, I'll join you in the grumble grumble mumble mumble club. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 03:43:11 18/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#954 Posted: 03:46:44 18/09/2014
Feel free to message me, I'll still be around a bit on lurk mode. I have missed talking with a bunch of people here. I also have the chat room I made active, and it will be thru part of November if anyone wants to use it. It's unlikely though I will be renewing the service when it expires.

I've just done the math and I can literally get ALL the the DI2 stuff I want (ALL the revealed Marvel figures at present) at half the cost for the MINIMUM of what I feel I'd need for Trap Team. Sure, one can make the argument about power discs, but I really only want the team-ups, and I can buy those second hand, or trade for them. Thats the other thing. I dont feel forced with DI2 at the moment like I am now with Skylanders. Am I going over to the "dark side" ? Nah. I'm not fully sold on the competition but the grass certainly looks greener on the other side at the moment. And this is someone going into it already knows that the whole toybox thing for me is a major turn off. Thats saying something. Cutting my need for BS gimmick stuff however certainly doesnt hurt, nor does the fact I am familiar with all these characters.

There is still a glimmer of hope. The game isnt out yet. There might be something...something hidden away that will jump out when we can all see the full game. I'm not gonna set myself up for more disappoint though.
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#955 Posted: 07:48:08 18/09/2014
I'm thinking there's going to be another 2 adventure packs... based on the story mode star total on the hdroom article. Apparently there's 88 stars for story mode. With the 18 confirmed levels there's no way you can get a round number. Even including the 2 known adventure packs you can't get an even number. However with 2 additional adventure packs we will have a total of 22 levels, giving us 4 stars to earn per level.
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#956 Posted: 08:05:17 18/09/2014
welcome back GothamLord smilie anyway you can play coop ingame, arena modes and maybe even kaos mode???.. when it comes to the traps, as of now there is no other importance to the game than that screen. so when you get one of the trap of a specific element your done. but i know what you mean, i just hate stuff grayed out in the game. its much better to not have it there at all. but when you put it on the portal, then it appears in the ingame collector menu, and only then. i think its important to know stuff like this, but stuff like this they dont see as important for some strange reason.

at the moment im tired of all the gameplay videos that are around now, its a buzz killer. because it looks like they dont know what is important to show people, so they throw everything out there... they should show us what is in the menus and options, thats what i think. gameplay videos is not that important, after you have done a couple gameplay videos already.

anyway im still on the fence for this game. one thing is for certain the traps will not be used in skylanders5. so its really throwing money out the window as for re-playability in the future games. also removing pvp is a huge downer for many, they should have kept it in there. this is their third game now it isnt that hard to make. but back to the traps, the traps idea looked great on the drawing board as something that could make a good gimmick. but as i see it it failed, its a one time thing and only benefit activision pockets and not the gamers.

Quote: JimmyIMMORTAL
I'm thinking there's going to be another 2 adventure packs... based on the story mode star total on the hdroom article. Apparently there's 88 stars for story mode. With the 18 confirmed levels there's no way you can get a round number. Even including the 2 known adventure packs you can't get an even number. However with 2 additional adventure packs we will have a total of 22 levels, giving us 4 stars to earn per level.

i heard there was some hinting about extra kaos levels and arena modes in one of them videos... not new adventure packs.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:19 19/09/2014 by bionicle2809
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#957 Posted: 08:51:21 18/09/2014
I am a concerned with the replayability of the game too. It looks like tfb have back on content . Don't get me wrong I love the new characters and I am excited to trap villains but I just hope there is enough for me too plus I find it pretty bad that the final poster will have the question marks on them. Nonetheless bring on trap team.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#958 Posted: 10:10:18 18/09/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i heard there was some hinting about extra kaos levels and arena modes in one of them videos... not new adventure packs.

But that wouldn't count as Story Mode levels.

Also, in one of the most recent SkylanderKids videos, it was said that there is a possibility of more Adventure Packs, to come.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#959 Posted: 11:04:19 18/09/2014

anyway im still on the fence for this game. one thing is for certain the traps will not be used in skylanders5. so its really throwing money out the window as for re-playability in the future games. also removing pvp is a huge downer for many, they should have kept it in there. this is their third game now it isnt that hard to make. but back to the traps, the traps idea looked great on the drawing board as something that could make a good gimmick. but as i see it it failed, its a one time thing and only benefit activision pockets and not the gamers.

There is nothing certain about Skylanders 5. There seems to be a growing trend of speculating an answer to a question, then stating your speculation is now fact because 2 or 3 other people have the same speculation as you. We will now about traps in Skylanders 5 when Activistion tells us about Skylanders 5.

GothamLord, glad your back. Wish you were getting the game as I enjoyed your moments of enthusiasm and your constructive criticism. I've actually grown less impressed with DI2 as time goes on. The skill trees appear less impressive as I found out many of the skills are pretty similar between characters. They took out the adventures, and that was something my kids really enjoyed. They also have only 3 toy boxes, compared to the 5 from DI1. I also feel as though part of their reason for the character choices is to help advertise and build hype for their movies. We'll be getting it, but there is much less anticipation at my place then there is for TT.

And yes, I'm disappointed about the lack of PvP. I can't think of a good reason not to include it. I do feel like there has been a big attempt to be creative and try new things, while maintaining much of the same with TT. It's obviously not going to work for many, but many were going to drop out due to age and fatigue anyway. This is a game for kids, and TfB has repeatedly said that's who they want to appeal to. I sometimes get the feeling though that many of us who don't want the game or don't want to purchase everything for the game are trying to get others to share their position. I'm not sure why that is.
#960 Posted: 12:52:27 18/09/2014
this is the first steps...

Quote:
The 3DS version of Skylanders Trap Team will offer a multiplayer version of card game Skylanders Skystones that uses Wi-Fi connectivity. This is the first time Portal Masters can play the mini-game with friends and family.

im sure that we will have some sort of online gaming in skylanders5 now.

read more about the 3ds trap team game here... its a pretty big reveal.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=107891
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:53:33 18/09/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#961 Posted: 13:06:00 18/09/2014
Thanks for the welcome back from everyone. Glad to be back again myself.

Trust me in the fact that I miss being enthusiastic too. I really loved the Skylanders world. The fact that a comic book was coming out even made things feel like the world might start expanding to a real franchise. Activision was even talking about developing a movie studio. Things really started to feel like it could turn around. Then nothing came out for the game, or what did come out was continued waves of lackluster disappointment. I just can't swallow the "game of kids" shtick anymore. You can paint anything you want gold and say its worth a million dollars. That doesnt make it true. The appeal is still there in the fact its a goofy world with mystical animal hybrid creatures and other oddball character designs. You've got Richard Horvitz doing voice work for Kaos. How can you not love the guy? The guy was the voice behind Alpha 5 from what are now the old school Power Rangers and the voice of Zim, among other things. Clearly there are enough things to catch the eye of the target kid age range. However little Billy and Mandy (you see the reference I did there? eh?) arent the ones forking out the cash. Its clearly not all about the games with all the subtle implications of lack of completion when you throw in clear screens of trap molds greyed out you don't own. Achievements based on amounts of collected figures. Forcing me to get rebuy minis I've already got because of double packing the new ones. The Pokemon mindset of, "Gotta Catch Em All" has gripped the industry.

Nevermind the super secret garbage Activision has been playing with gaming details all year. I'm just fed up with the PR games. I'm tied of the alt deco chasing. I have no design to drop $100+ in traps which I cant get a clear cut answer if they are going to be more than plastic crap come next game. People are welcome to enjoy Trap Team. Thats their business. I'm just done. Its how I feel right now. Will I come back after the game has had some time on the market and we have the full 411 on everything. Maybe. Maybe not. I have no reason to claim DI2 is going to be better either. I do right now that I can spend HALF of what I would for TT and pretty much have everything I want. Thats like 5 more games I could buy on what I'm saving. I'll never have the time to play them, but I can still actually buy more games! That hasnt happened since I started with Spyro's adventure. Plus I can preorder everything. No "Skylander Huntin" for me to worry about. Yay on online pre-orders with free shipping. Yay on saving gas!

It is what it is. I enjoyed the run while it lasted. My wife doesn't seem to have the interest this year as much either, given things are halfway through September now and she hasnt asked about the game in weeks. Activision isnt going to miss me, my wife, or our money. Nor would I really expect them too. We'll be replaced by another half dozen little kiddies tugging on mommy's shirt and pointing at the toy aisle. I'm not trying to force my position on anyone. Never have, never will. I will however not back down on my stance, and I'll voice it when given the need. I do hope the game does well enough that it gets a 5th game. I also hope it bombs enough that someone in Activision actually starts to listen to some of the fans like us here.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#962 Posted: 14:39:58 18/09/2014
Good luck with your medial problems, GL. I pretty much agree with what you've said.

I could post this in the 2.0 topic instead, but it involves Skylanders too. I realised I don't really care about Marvel characters or anything enough to get invested into it, and I'm honestly not that excited about the Toy Boxes since I won't really be sharing them with anyone or checking on them much, so I'm returning the game and figures because the play sets aren't fun. I'm still keeping the Guardians figures though.

I just felt disappointed with DI2... and realised I've been disappointed with every title I set up hopes for this year. Mario Kart 8 is wonderful artistically but it's stripped of the balance 7 had, so with only a little kart variety I didn't stay online for long, Kirby Triple Deluxe has the same issue I have with many Kirby games in that it relies on its charm a bit too much, and upcoming Smash Bros seems kind of lacking in collectables and doesn't have the online Smash Run I assumed would be in, while Hyrule Warriors seems too mindless (though the latter is a minor disappointment compared to the rest, since I didn't expect a lot from it). And those are basically the only games I've been excited for this year, so I haven't even been excited for many. The only other game I can think of is Pokémon ORAS, but that's largely because XY were lacking and it seems like ORAS will be more fun at least. Also Trap Team to an extent.

I'm not trying to make a point here, honestly, I just want to vent. I'm so tired of being disappointed with all these games. I'm not going to set up expectations for Skylanders besides good lore, because I feel like I can't expect more and if I do, I bet I'll be disappointed.
I'm not expecting the level of level and moveset design SF had, because TFB's previous games didn't have that and TT doesn't look like it will. And the more and more I think about it, the more upset I am over seemingly every extra mode aside from Survival being removed, while we only get one new mode as compensation (one that doesn't seem to be as different as Time Attack or SWAP Zones were, if I may add). At least the 3DS version seems like it'll be an improvement. If it doesn't cause system lockups, maybe it'll be worth replaying it once I beat it, so I won't get that tired of extra figures (and actually get a good chance to play the SF ones on the 3DS).

It's kind of depressing that none of these game have lived up to my expectations/hopes, because I like to really invest myself in video games and I don't get into other hobbies like this. I feel like my standards are too high and I should just have a break from gaming to do personal projects or try another hobby. I mean, there are some games I've already got I want to get deep into again, but I've played them to death so there's nothing new and I'd get bored fast.
#963 Posted: 20:00:37 18/09/2014
So shortly after my last post there, it seems all the 3DS material started to drop. Interesting how that information all managed to remain a secret until the first day that DI2 was officially on the market in Australia and EU. I somehow dont see that as accidental. Hints of new elements symbols too, and right after that hint of another Trap Master in one of the SkylanderKids vids. Yup, Activision is playing the petty "lets try and steal Infinity's thunder" marketing game. I'm pretty much expecting the big reveal on the ?'s now on the 22nd or the 23rd. *sighs*
#964 Posted: 21:07:35 18/09/2014
Quote: GothamLord
So shortly after my last post there, it seems all the 3DS material started to drop. Interesting how that information all managed to remain a secret until the first day that DI2 was officially on the market in Australia and EU. I somehow dont see that as accidental. Hints of new elements symbols too, and right after that hint of another Trap Master in one of the SkylanderKids vids. Yup, Activision is playing the petty "lets try and steal Infinity's thunder" marketing game. I'm pretty much expecting the big reveal on the ?'s now on the 22nd or the 23rd. *sighs*

Not hoping for a reveal for those ? characters...
That doesn't seem the way they would handle this thing.

However, glad to have you back, GothamLord. smilie
Your constructive criticism has been missed.
Hope you will be fine, now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#965 Posted: 21:51:18 18/09/2014
Have you guys seen this 3DS gameplay?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8310
#966 Posted: 22:15:28 18/09/2014
Quote: spyrocrash
Have you guys seen this 3DS gameplay?

Honestly, it doesn't look THAT bad. It looks like a game I'd play at night while on a plane on vacation. My example sounds odd, but I think it fits.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#967 Posted: 23:14:38 18/09/2014
It does look bad to me. It's too difficult to tell if it actually will be clunky from the footage, but it looks like character movement and attacks are somewhat slow and stinted, like they were in Giants and SWAP Force 3DS. Also, I hope the final game runs better.

The levels look like they'll all have a bunch of puzzles and cutscenes and things slowing the gameplay down, which is bad for a handheld Skylanders title, which you should be able to pick up and play in short bursts. If they're in the game, they should be restricted to extra areas or made minimal, so when on a trip it's easier to just rush through one level. Plus they're frikin' boring to do after you've solved them once, the only reason I'm not complaining much about that kind of stuff on the console version is because when playing on the couch being able to play a quick session has lower priority

It looks like villains just act as most of the Magic Items do on the console, attacking enemies, but you can't play them. Honestly, I didn't expect much out of them, but that seems lame.

At least they were able to get rid of the stupid cutscenes that showed every single Battle Gate opening.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I miss 3DSSA's level design style and want another Skylanders game with many short levels. And didn't really like the overwhelming majority of Giants' or SF's levels on replays. ...And don't like how this game seems.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:31:02 18/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
#968 Posted: 02:43:55 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: melvimbe
And yes, I'm disappointed about the lack of PvP. I can't think of a good reason not to include it. I do feel like there has been a big attempt to be creative and try new things, while maintaining much of the same with TT. It's obviously not going to work for many, but many were going to drop out due to age and fatigue anyway. This is a game for kids, and TfB has repeatedly said that's who they want to appeal to. I sometimes get the feeling though that many of us who don't want the game or don't want to purchase everything for the game are trying to get others to share their position. I'm not sure why that is.

You are free to have this opinion, but you would be wrong.

3DS version actually looks like it tries harder. I'm actually mildly impressed.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:41 19/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8310
#969 Posted: 09:50:03 19/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
It does look bad to me. It's too difficult to tell if it actually will be clunky from the footage, but it looks like character movement and attacks are somewhat slow and stinted, like they were in Giants and SWAP Force 3DS. Also, I hope the final game runs better.

The levels look like they'll all have a bunch of puzzles and cutscenes and things slowing the gameplay down, which is bad for a handheld Skylanders title, which you should be able to pick up and play in short bursts. If they're in the game, they should be restricted to extra areas or made minimal, so when on a trip it's easier to just rush through one level. Plus they're frikin' boring to do after you've solved them once, the only reason I'm not complaining much about that kind of stuff on the console version is because when playing on the couch being able to play a quick session has lower priority

It looks like villains just act as most of the Magic Items do on the console, attacking enemies, but you can't play them. Honestly, I didn't expect much out of them, but that seems lame.

At least they were able to get rid of the stupid cutscenes that showed every single Battle Gate opening.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I miss 3DSSA's level design style and want another Skylanders game with many short levels. And didn't really like the overwhelming majority of Giants' or SF's levels on replays. ...And don't like how this game seems.

I will agree with you on that. SSA had the BEST level design.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#970 Posted: 10:34:55 19/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

You are free to have this opinion, but you would be wrong.

3DS version actually looks like it tries harder. I'm actually mildly impressed.

Actually, I do feel that way, not sure how I could be wrong about that. I didn't say that was your's or anyone else's goal, just the way it comes off to me.

Regarding the 3DS version, I'm surprised that you're liking it. I've never played 3DS before, so don't have a point of comparison, but it looks like more of the same to me. Doesn't have online play (other then skystones) like you've been asking for. Doesn't seem to have any great new creative innovation. What are you seeing in it that I'm not?
#971 Posted: 10:36:59 19/09/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Arc of Archives

I will agree with you on that. SSA had the BEST level design.

yeah i loved the ssa levels, they was great.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#972 Posted: 13:30:13 19/09/2014

It's not petty, it's business, and they did a GREAT job of it. My highly impressionable son is screaming about Trap team e'eryday, and gives two nickles about DI2.0 at this point...whybecause TT has found a way to keep 'some kind' of presence. Di2.0 was 'here is most of the game', then it was just 'quiet' for a substantial amount of time, up until a week before launch.

And being honest, while the games aren't similar in the slightest - only sharing the toys to life DNA - they are still competing for dollars, as someone in an awkward financial situation I can tell you that I'm going back and forth trying to figure out the best way to handle my purchases. On one hand, I'm NOT so 'pressed' to purchase everything for either nor do I care so much about getting stuff on launch, but I also know the best sales I can expect before the games have 'run their course' - are going to be on launch, and with only 'one paycheck' between the two games - there is a major battle brewing. Activision handled it better and I think will come out on top. Disney is leaning mostly on the strengths of their IPOs.

I expect the "?" to be unveiled on Monday, right before DI2.0. I expect some videos to hit over the weekend as well. The more Activision can get parent's to second guess giving Disney money 'first', the better chance they have of getting that money.
- Unreall
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#973 Posted: 18:43:01 19/09/2014
Product has started to arrive at our stores. Nothing on the outside of the box reveals anything of the 2 other elements. But picture Flip Wreck and High Five!!!
#974 Posted: 18:46:24 19/09/2014
Quote: stinkbomb29
Product has started to arrive at our stores. Nothing on the outside of the box reveals anything of the 2 other elements. But picture Flip Wreck and High Five!!!

Nice!

Could you maybe be able to post a picture of Flip Wreck's figure?
It would be really appreciated. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#975 Posted: 19:40:07 19/09/2014
Quote: Unreallystic

It's not petty, it's business, and they did a GREAT job of it. My highly impressionable son is screaming about Trap team e'eryday, and gives two nickles about DI2.0 at this point...whybecause TT has found a way to keep 'some kind' of presence. Di2.0 was 'here is most of the game', then it was just 'quiet' for a substantial amount of time, up until a week before launch.

And being honest, while the games aren't similar in the slightest - only sharing the toys to life DNA - they are still competing for dollars, as someone in an awkward financial situation I can tell you that I'm going back and forth trying to figure out the best way to handle my purchases. On one hand, I'm NOT so 'pressed' to purchase everything for either nor do I care so much about getting stuff on launch, but I also know the best sales I can expect before the games have 'run their course' - are going to be on launch, and with only 'one paycheck' between the two games - there is a major battle brewing. Activision handled it better and I think will come out on top. Disney is leaning mostly on the strengths of their IPOs.

I expect the "?" to be unveiled on Monday, right before DI2.0. I expect some videos to hit over the weekend as well. The more Activision can get parent's to second guess giving Disney money 'first', the better chance they have of getting that money.
- Unreall

I dont deny its business. Lots of petty tactics are used in business. I do try and remember though that there are other people with these games that are approaching it with kids, compared to me. Its just me and my wife, so the gaming experience is a far different animal. Where I don't appreciate the dodging of direct questions of corporate CEOs and designs about certain mechanics and toy options, the 10 year old kids dont care. They can just see certain YouTubers showing off new characters, singing, and making poop jokes, and everything is okay. So of these moves from Activision however has struck me as lacking confidence in the final product. Others have been, lets attach as many gimmick extras onto the game as possible to distract from the lack of more engaging features. If nothing else I'll be spending less this year. That means I have my PS4 that much sooner, as I can put the extra money towards it.

Again, I suspect likewise we'll see something drop Monday or Tuesday on ?'s. I also suspect to be highly underwhelmed.
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#976 Posted: 07:36:22 20/09/2014

Im surprised I was actually right.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=107964
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
#977 Posted: 08:47:45 20/09/2014

Im surprised I was actually right.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=107964

yes its amazing stuff, here is some pictures...

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#978 Posted: 11:49:31 20/09/2014
Maybe Vathek's statue could be at Midnight Museum and we could capture him smilie
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#979 Posted: 16:59:29 20/09/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Maybe Vathek's statue could be at Midnight Museum and we could capture him smilie

That's actually a great idea! He could be the Dark Doom Raider!
---
now its time to get funky
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8564
#980 Posted: 17:24:48 20/09/2014
Praise our lord and savoir!
[User Posted Image]
#981 Posted: 18:36:44 20/09/2014 | Topic Creator
It's a strong rumor backed up by information that these two adventure packs will in fact be "Trap Packs" to host the unknown trap masters. I tend to agree, especially with the French site's release of a "dark" and "light" element which plays right into these adventure pack level names.

Nothing but net!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:41:31 20/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#982 Posted: 18:45:28 20/09/2014
It's a strong rumor backed up by information that these two adventure packs will in fact be "Trap Packs" to host the unknown trap masters. I tend to agree, especially with the French site's release of a "dark" and "light" element which plays right into these adventure pack level names.

Nothing but net!

so its not new levels but trap mini missions or something?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#983 Posted: 19:05:21 20/09/2014

Nothing but net!

No, I'd say that they are levels that surround the two new elements. It's just that they'd have one or both of the characters of that element, the level piece and a light/dark trap. That's my guessing.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#984 Posted: 22:23:24 20/09/2014
Quote: Eggers

Nothing but net!

No, I'd say that they are levels that surround the two new elements. It's just that they'd have one or both of the characters of that element, the level piece and a light/dark trap. That's my guessing.

battle packs had levels too... but it was no adventures.. so who knows.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#985 Posted: 23:53:45 20/09/2014

But they have "Adventure Expansion" written under them. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#986 Posted: 00:03:10 21/09/2014 | Topic Creator
It's still an Adventure Pack...just comes with a Trap Master...not complicated.
---
#987 Posted: 00:10:31 21/09/2014

I wouldn't call what the battle packs had as a level. They were an arena, but it wasn't a level like the adventure pieces were.
---
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#988 Posted: 00:59:15 21/09/2014
I wish Adventure Packs had more than one level in a piece. If they came with three or four, then it would feel like an actual adventure.
---
A story.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#989 Posted: 01:27:48 21/09/2014
I hope the two new elements have 2 trap masters and not 1 core and 1 trap master. If it is four new trap masters I guess my decision on what trap masters is made up due to the adventure packs.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#990 Posted: 04:20:13 21/09/2014

Proof? There's no reason to believe this do please don't say it like it's fact unless you can show proof.
#991 Posted: 05:59:35 21/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GinjaNinja

Proof? There's no reason to believe this do please don't say it like it's fact unless you can show proof.

I think you need to read a few posts up. All of it is not final, but between what's posted here and on the French site I think there's a strong case.
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#992 Posted: 09:44:02 21/09/2014

I think you need to read a few posts up. All of it is not final, but between what's posted here and on the French site I think there's a strong case.

Just did and all I see is pure guessing and hoping. At post 981 or so you just kinda blurt out the according to strong rumors and information and such with nothing to back it up. The French site just talks about the fact there are 2 new elements and the characters themselves. I'm not trying to start a fight with you, really, but there is NO reason to think these adventure packs will come with anything else but the standard assortment of items at this time. If they come out and announce the packs but not all their contents by saying something like "These adventure packs are different than others because they will have a unique set of toys than any other adventure pack we've done before" then fine, then we can start guessing what that means. But until then, the only thing that makes sense to believe would just be a standard package. On a side note, do you really WANT a trap master in an adventure pack? I sure as heck dint, that'd add like $5- $10 to the price alone, and it would probably make a lot of parents mad because they have to spend all that extra money to get the new element trap master, like say they want to just get everything in the game at the cheapest price. Bad idea on activision's part in the end if they ever decided to put a gimmick character in an adventure pack.
#993 Posted: 13:13:22 21/09/2014

we will just have to wait and see i guess.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#994 Posted: 14:05:55 21/09/2014

Just did and all I see is pure guessing and hoping. At post 981 or so you just kinda blurt out the according to strong rumors and information and such with nothing to back it up. The French site just talks about the fact there are 2 new elements and the characters themselves. I'm not trying to start a fight with you, really, but there is NO reason to think these adventure packs will come with anything else but the standard assortment of items at this time. If they come out and announce the packs but not all their contents by saying something like "These adventure packs are different than others because they will have a unique set of toys than any other adventure pack we've done before" then fine, then we can start guessing what that means. But until then, the only thing that makes sense to believe would just be a standard package. On a side note, do you really WANT a trap master in an adventure pack? I sure as heck dint, that'd add like $5- $10 to the price alone, and it would probably make a lot of parents mad because they have to spend all that extra money to get the new element trap master, like say they want to just get everything in the game at the cheapest price. Bad idea on activision's part in the end if they ever decided to put a gimmick character in an adventure pack.

Well, about the price, it might seem expensive, when you think about 25/30$, but you should think that, if the Trap Master isn't inside the pack, then you will have to buy it separately, and it would be 25+15=40$.
So, you actually save 10$ or so.

However, the prices are still confirmed to be 25$, so, it will probably contain the Cores.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#995 Posted: 22:53:35 21/09/2014
Couldn't the packs have a Trap Master, The level piece, and a TRAP for the new element? Or are there no new element VILLAINS?
#996 Posted: 23:11:17 21/09/2014
Quote: diddy50
Couldn't the packs have a Trap Master, The level piece, and a TRAP for the new element? Or are there no new element VILLAINS?

This was my guess, as the new trap packs are ten dollars more expensive than the $15 adventure packs. That would give us $5 for it being a trap master (15 instead of 10 for a core) and $5 for a trap.
---
#997 Posted: 23:15:13 21/09/2014
Quote: diddy50

This was my guess, as the new trap packs are ten dollars more expensive than the $15 adventure packs. That would give us $5 for it being a trap master (15 instead of 10 for a core) and $5 for a trap.

Wait a second...
Do Adventure Packs really cost only 15$ (just like a gimmick character), there?...

Here in Europe they cost around 25€!

EDIT:

Amazon.com list Nightmare Express as costing around 25$.

http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&....75775273,d.bGQ

Do they cost less, at stores?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:47 21/09/2014 by Drek95
#998 Posted: 23:57:28 21/09/2014
No, adventure packs have always been around $25. Not sure where that $15 came from.
#999 Posted: 00:13:31 22/09/2014
No, adventure packs have always been around $25. Not sure where that $15 came from.

Ah, ok, thanks. smilie

Then it could be safe to assume the content is roughly the same as any other Adventure Pack, so a Core, the Adventure Piece and probably a trap.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1000 Posted: 01:19:08 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator

Well once upon a time I think they cost $19.95 during SSA.
---
First | Previous | Page 20 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me