darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > 3DS Trap Team screenshots, details & new elements revealed!
Page 1 of 1
3DS Trap Team screenshots, details & new elements revealed!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#1 Posted: 12:23:38 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Activision has unveiled first details about the 3DS edition of Skylanders Trap Team. This version will be available on October 5 – just like the other versions – and will allow players to take on the Dream Sheep as well as 13 other villains exclusive to the platform.

Quote:
Throughout the game, Portal Masters can summon captured villains to unleash devastating attacks and fight side-by-side with their Skylander. They can also play as captured villains in 13 unique villain “bootcamps” created by the evil Dream Sheep, the master villain in the game. Additionally, players can discover each Trap Master’s signature Trap Attack by collecting Traptanium orbs dropped by enemies when defeated, enabling players to wipe out evil foes with one awesome attack.

After villains are defeated in combat, players can use the bottom Touch Screen to pull them out of the game and trap them in the Traptanium Vault. Then, once captured, players can use the Touch Screen and microphone to poke, tickle and spin villains to make them dizzy.

The 3DS version of Skylanders Trap Team will offer a multiplayer version of card game Skylanders Skystones that uses Wi-Fi connectivity. This is the first time Portal Masters can play the mini-game with friends and family.

Players will be able to load in their Skylanders characters directly into the 3DS by using the Portal of Power included in the Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack. Two powerful Skylanders characters will be available at launch only via the Nintendo 3DS Starter Pack: Gusto, a Trap Master with an oversized Traptanium Boomerang that delivers the ultimate blow to bad guys; and Barkley, the Mini version of Skylanders Giants’ Tree Rex. All toys from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure, Skylanders Giants, and Skylanders SWAP Force will work in the game, and all of the characters’ abilities, levels and customization will carry forward into Skylanders Trap Team.

read more and see the pictures here...
http://nintendoeverything.com/...ts-and-details/

more news, the new elements have been revealed... moon and sun.

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 12:20:48 21/09/2014 by bionicle2809
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#2 Posted: 12:52:37 18/09/2014
Well, so ends my contest! I thinK those are light and dark though...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13977
#3 Posted: 12:57:50 18/09/2014
Here's the names and descriptions of all 14 3DS villains:

Quote:
DREAM SHEEP
An ill-tempered sheep and master of nightmares from the Realm of Dreams – who is on a quest to become ruler of Skylands!
BOBBIN ROOD
This frighteningly accurate Nightmare Elf can shoot the middle out of a gold piece and have it rain down change… which he then puts in his own pockets.
RUNYS POINTYBOOTS
A fortune teller from the Nightmare Fair with a hidden flair for evil… and shoes.
SHELSHOCK SHELDON
Sick and tired of turtles being pushed around, Sheldon started the Secret Turtle Liberation Front… of which he is still the only member.******
BARON VON SMASHBEAK
This armor plated bird was an absolute nightmare growing up… much to the delight of his proud parents.
SPIKE MCPOKERTON
A menacing invader of dreams that should be approached with extreme caution partly because he is dangerous, but mostly because he has never taken a bath.
BIRDO CHESTERFIELD
What this bird sorcerer lacks in size he more than makes up for with his extraordinary magical abilities… not to mention his remarkable fashion sense.
MARF GARGAROOTS
Plagued all of his life by chronic foot odor, it's been said that when Marf invades peoples' dreams, they often wake with fright from the smell alone.**
OLAF CRUSHERSSON
Olaf has always been an avid bird watcher, and while it's true that he ate many of those birds, some say that this was a sign that he wasn’t ALL bad.
RUSSEL PURPLESTACHE
Originally a captain in the Nightmare Navy, this Nightmare Pirate left the service when he accidently cut the pants off of an admiral while trying to shake his hand.
BORIS BLISTERBOTTOM
This Nightmare Chompy leaves a trail of fire wherever he goes… which excludes him from participating in his favorite pastime – snowball fights.
GRUNKIN GOBSPROUT
While this Nightmare Troll may not be physically imposing, his skill as a marksman is legendary – as is his appetite for waffles.
BUCKTOOTH THE TINY
During his downtime from being a Nightmare Villain, Bucktooth is actually the lead singer for well-known band Purple Nightmare Funk Parade.
BIG BERTHA BUBBLETHORN
Not much is known about this Nightmare Chompy, especially since most everyone who comes in contact with her is mysteriously eaten.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6286
#4 Posted: 12:58:36 18/09/2014
Wow! So much better than I thought it would be! ONLINE SKYSTONES!? That's amazing, the only thing that I don't like is that they have used the swap force chompies... But ONLINE SKYSTONES!
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5344
#5 Posted: 13:04:05 18/09/2014
Lunar/solar. Sun- solar lunar- moon.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#6 Posted: 13:10:44 18/09/2014
WELL GOODBYE CONTEST CODES. Two weeks before release, two new elements,and 3DS exclusive villains.Good lord, I don't know if I rejoice at 3DS news finally or rage at that for once it'll have stuff the consoles won't for completition.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 13:11:31 18/09/2014
Sooo... Light and Dark Elements I guess, uh...?
And that prototype character SkylanderDad shown us had a little sun on his chest...
We'll see how that turns out.
For me, as of now, is a BIG "Mmmmh...".

We are tall king about Elements balancing, here.
Not something to joke on.

Anyway, the new 3DS game looks cool (the graphics looks even a little better).
Might buy it, after all.

Stupid SWAP Force chompies... X(
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#8 Posted: 13:16:28 18/09/2014
Well, Yay to the 3DS getting something with Wi-Fi. Boo to it being about Skystones. I dont care about the stupid minigames. At least it pushed the idea that Sky5 might actually get online.

Not sure how I feel about the rest of it. The unbalanced elements will make my OCD crawl, and half the villain names are so bad it actually makes me feel like Bat-Spin was a halfway decent choice. Ugh.
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#9 Posted: 13:16:59 18/09/2014
Hmm, I wonder if the 3DS villains will literally be... TRAPPED in the 3DS?

I mean I'm almost positive that that will be the case, but it would be cool if somehow they could be used on the console (and vice versa with the console ones, though that's even more doubtful).

But this is really big news, suddenly I am excited again that I have this pre-ordered.
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#10 Posted: 13:25:40 18/09/2014
3DS has Skystones wifi smilie

hmm this really makes me want to buy the 3DS version p.p
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#11 Posted: 13:25:56 18/09/2014
That kid spoiled the new Elements lol......
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:36:49 18/09/2014 by newkill
Balphagor_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#12 Posted: 13:32:26 18/09/2014
I hope. I REALLY HOPE. That the Skystones's Wi-Fi is able to include random "battles".

I mean with friends would be ok, but random battles would be cool of possible.

(Glad to see the old skystones is back though)
---
Don't forget to check out the YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/ChannelDotTheDot
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#13 Posted: 13:47:30 18/09/2014
Here are some more images. The graphics seem to have improved. Also coins are no more, they've been replaced with gems.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#14 Posted: 15:49:29 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Windumup
3DS has Skystones wifi smilie

hmm this really makes me want to buy the 3DS version p.p

i just hope there is a option to play with anyone and not like, must be on your friendlist or in same room thing.

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:13 18/09/2014 by CountMoneyBone
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12821
#15 Posted: 17:35:05 18/09/2014
Okay, now I'm definitely getting the 3DS version. I can't wait to see the new element Skylanders and villains. smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#16 Posted: 17:46:15 18/09/2014
I'm gonna guess that Evil Eon is gonna be a Nightmare/Moon/Dark/Whatever element.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#17 Posted: 17:55:46 18/09/2014
So wait a minute... you can play skystones... online?! With random people?! This is your first step towards online battles, activision!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#18 Posted: 17:56:04 18/09/2014
Not really sure. We're still missing two elements for Doom Raiders, and we're not even sure we can trap AU Eon. He could be just Magic and the two new elements lack Doom Raiders(unless the Dream Sheep is one, but then you'd have to fit the Nightmare Express' villains)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#19 Posted: 18:22:47 18/09/2014
One of the question mark Doom Raiders is obviously the Magic one.
As for the two new Elements, well, I tought they could have been created by Eon and Kaos, to help the Skylanders.
So, it would be quite strange if there were Light villains, but Dark ones would make sense.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#20 Posted: 20:56:58 18/09/2014
It can't be sun and moon elements. Light and Dark elements sound better
#21 Posted: 22:45:49 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
3ds gameplay.....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:51:07 18/09/2014 by CountMoneyBone
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#22 Posted: 02:47:46 19/09/2014
Wow that video shows alot of stuff smilie

The new 'puzzle' mechanics look neat, much better than the cheep version of the lock puzzle on Swapforce.

The graphics to look WAY better. Though that's only the new guys.. didn't show the others. but hey the mini Giants are faster. to bad they couldn't of adjusted their attacks to make them not as slow or something.

Though, it's looking like in the 3DS version... the villains are more like 'special attacks' or something. as in it looks like they show up, do an attack, then leave. And you've still controling the skylander... but it looked like there may be a special place where you can play as just the villains though.... as of that one guy.

And YAY my logic was correct... though it's crazy how unballanced the elements are. Not refering to the 'Rock, paper, scizors' effect but how according to the poster, there's only like 2 Skylanders of each new type... and only 1 makes the Doom Raiders... assuming one of the ?s is magic.

Though ofcourse they also unballanced the reposes... imo anyways. I still think it's stupid to do Series 4 if their only doing 1 skylander. I mean if it's just a new wow-pow... they shouldn't of done S4 at all. If it's some fun new way (like 3rd upgrade path, or ability to have both upgrade paths at once smilie *though ugh that'd be bad with (stealthelf) because I HATE those ghost daggers. I mean wouldn't be as bad if they'd only show up when she's attacking.. but nope, they float about her.*) so if that they should of had more than just 1. Even 3 or 4 would of worked. But not 1.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#23 Posted: 02:53:54 19/09/2014
I was thinking 3DS was a throwaway this year, but this looks like it has more flair than their flagship. And if no traps needed, then EVEN BETTER.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#24 Posted: 03:12:39 19/09/2014
I'm just going to repost what I posted elsewhere-
Quote: Arc of Archives
It does look bad to me. It's too difficult to tell if it actually will be clunky from the footage, but it looks like character movement and attacks are somewhat slow and stinted, like they were in Giants and SWAP Force 3DS. Also, I hope the final game runs better.

The levels look like they'll all have a bunch of puzzles and cutscenes and things slowing the gameplay down, which is bad for a handheld Skylanders title, which you should be able to pick up and play in short bursts. If they're in the game, they should be restricted to extra areas or made minimal, so when on a trip it's easier to just rush through one level. Plus they're frikin' boring to do after you've solved them once, the only reason I'm not complaining much about that kind of stuff on the console version is because when playing on the couch being able to play a quick session has lower priority

It looks like villains just act as most of the Magic Items do on the console, attacking enemies, but you can't play them. Honestly, I didn't expect much out of them, but that seems lame.

At least they were able to get rid of the stupid cutscenes that showed every single Battle Gate opening.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I miss 3DSSA's level design style and want another Skylanders game with many short levels. And didn't really like the overwhelming majority of Giants' or SF's levels on replays. ...And don't like how this game seems.

I like online Skystones and the graphics are noticeably better. That's about it.
Even the Battle Gate cutscenes being gone could be a negligible improvement, if there are just more puzzles slowing things down in their place.

I'm sure like SA/SF I'll enjoy going through it the first time, but the gameplay makes it seem like I won't enjoy replaying it (unlike SA). Going to buy the game without other starter content cheap from eBay. ... I just realised I never pre-ordered this, so I don't even need to cancel a deposit.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:20:47 19/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#25 Posted: 03:12:49 19/09/2014
The mention of the words Nightmare and Dream in various places lead me to believe that those might be the Sun and Moon. Moon for Nightmares during the night, and the Sun for....Daydreams?

Also, because of the way that the Sun and Moon seem to be locked in certain points, but unlocked in the others lead me to believe they have to be unlocked....Perhaps those characters we're missing in the roster might be here?

Looking at the poster again, I persume the (Im calling them Nightmare) villians we see (including the chompy and the thing there is here: [User Posted Image]

Make me think the last to Doom Raider spots are to be taken up by The Dream Sheep and his Sleep Dragon... While the six missing spots are for the things I mentioned before. I may be wrong, I may be right about all of this, but only time will tell.

Anywho, does anyone remember why they werent talking about Glumshanks when the game was announced? smilie
#26 Posted: 10:41:31 19/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
I was thinking 3DS was a throwaway this year, but this looks like it has more flair than their flagship. And if no traps needed, then EVEN BETTER.

i agree it looks like they have put some real effort into this year 3ds game. its a pleasant surprise for sure.

another video with a bit more deeper explanation of whats in the 3ds game...

one of the new guys, light or dark who knows yet... i go for light..

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:21:21 21/09/2014 by bionicle2809
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#27 Posted: 22:28:38 20/09/2014
^LIGHT!
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#28 Posted: 22:34:45 20/09/2014
Triple post much, County?

And here's some more 3DS gameplay -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#29 Posted: 23:51:51 20/09/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

[User Posted Image]

Obviously Light. He even has the elemental symbol on his chest.

The real question is: is he a Core or a Trap Master?
I hope for the former, even if size would confirm the latter, because another traptanium sword would be quite uncreative, even if TfB managed to give it a completely original moveset.
I mean, we already have Krypt King and Thunderbolt as sworsdmen (not counting Snap Shot's arrows).

Unless the ones made of traptanium are the wings.
That would be really interesting.
But I don't think so.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#30 Posted: 02:07:04 21/09/2014

[User Posted Image]

Looks like he is a light trap master. Is he a bird of some sort.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#31 Posted: 13:10:29 21/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95

[User Posted Image]

I hope for the former, even if size would confirm the latter, because another traptanium sword would be quite uncreative, even if TfB managed to give it a completely original moveset.
I mean, we already have Krypt King and Thunderbolt as sworsdmen (not counting Snap Shot's arrows).

But I don't think so.

i didnt see it the first time, but now when you mention it. this figure have indeed a sun on his chest...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#32 Posted: 14:10:55 21/09/2014
Quote: Drek95

[User Posted Image]

But I don't think so.

i didnt see it the first time, but now when you mention it. this figure have indeed a sun on his chest...

Yeah, it's small and kinda blurry, but SkylanderDad mentioned it, in the video.
Probably wouldn't have noticed it too, at least not before cecking this picture multiple times.

If it's any consolation for you, I didn't noticed High Five had four wings, until his figure was shown. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
RetroMe91 Blue Sparx Gems: 539
#33 Posted: 19:37:42 21/09/2014
It's also a prototype figure which could very well mean it won't be in the game or appearance could have changed completely. We have seen that happen before (one well known example is Ninjini's prototype). If you Google skylanders prototype you will find tons of images of skylanders that never made the game (many will be fakes, but there are some real ones, this has been stated in interviews).
#34 Posted: 13:40:39 24/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: RetroMe91
It's also a prototype figure which could very well mean it won't be in the game or appearance could have changed completely. We have seen that happen before (one well known example is Ninjini's prototype). If you Google skylanders prototype you will find tons of images of skylanders that never made the game (many will be fakes, but there are some real ones, this has been stated in interviews).

lets hope it will be, it looks pretty cool.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me