Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Target Swapforce Pre-order info [CLOSED]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#1 Posted: 20:40:16 18/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I found this online, it's a scan of this coming Sunday's Target ad. It features the same LC Hex figure as TRU but it says that the reservation card will unlock exclusive in-game content. Let the speculation begin as to what that means...

[User Posted Image]
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:25 19/06/2013 by Zylek
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#2 Posted: 21:09:58 18/06/2013
Hmmm, maybe they mean LC Hex?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#3 Posted: 21:22:02 18/06/2013
Hmm... A poster that I won't put up, or the potential for extra unlockable content... I think Target just made my decision for me. :-D

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#4 Posted: 21:33:52 18/06/2013
^ Yeah, as of now Target has my pre-order. That may change after I find out what the extra content is/ or if another store gives something other.
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#5 Posted: 22:44:29 18/06/2013
Why does everything I want to buy come out the day I'll be in a car for 14 hours? And Monsters University comes out! smilie
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#6 Posted: 23:35:32 18/06/2013
This'll count if we order online, right? When does this end (I'm wondering because my brother's birthday is a few days before the release date, and hopefully benevolent grandparents will buy this for us)?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#7 Posted: 00:39:29 19/06/2013
I suppose we'll figure what the special content is at some point. But, I'm getting Disney Infinity when it comes out, giving my wallet a break from then until February where I will go and buy SSF (Though I am definitetly getting Pokemon X/Y when it comes out the day before Swap Force....Oh nuts.)
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 01:26:15 19/06/2013
Ah yeah, lesty said something about the card being interactive.

Theoretically they could easily put an RFID chip in a card. It'd make sense that if they DID put one in the card, it'd function exactly like a Magic Item piece. Can't really see what it says on the card. I'd keep an eye out for them in stores though.

EDIT: AH HAH! Found a better scanned one

"EXCLUSIVE RESERVATION CARD
Activates In-Game Character upgrade in Skylanders Swap Force"
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:08 19/06/2013 by spyroflame0487
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#9 Posted: 01:33:19 19/06/2013
Character upgrade? Why would want that?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 01:33:37 19/06/2013
Ok, so this card will instantly upgrade your skylander? Anyone else think they may be selling these as purchasable add-ons since people are too lazy to earn it lol?

Let the lactating begin.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#11 Posted: 01:56:35 19/06/2013
So it'll get them a new upgrade or something? Or allow you to auto-matically get an upgrade?
Maybe you can upgrade at any time or something?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 01:59:08 19/06/2013
Someone grab a billion of them!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#13 Posted: 04:38:44 19/06/2013
I wonder what upgrade you get? ._.
---
-something-
#14 Posted: 04:48:46 19/06/2013
I'm still betting it auto-unlocks an upgrade of your choice or gives you instant upgrade shop for levels...
---
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#15 Posted: 04:55:01 19/06/2013
That would be awesome like a magic item for fairy dust from giants so we can access persephone from anywhere in the game smilie
---
-something-
#16 Posted: 12:55:36 19/06/2013
So, are these the cards sitting out currently? I rarely go to Target.
---
#17 Posted: 04:48:06 20/06/2013
Indeed, so I (or more accurately a friend in the US) can just waltz in, pick up one of the pre-order cards, and bring it back on the day of release and get the exclusive card and LC Hex. Or does the pre-order card itself work?
---
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#18 Posted: 05:39:19 20/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax
So, are these the cards sitting out currently? I rarely go to Target.

I didn't see them at my local Target. They're probably being held to be released in conjunction with the ad.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#19 Posted: 13:05:08 20/06/2013
I saw hooks, but no cards. The tags said Skylanders or Swap Force on them(I can't remember which) and on top of the whole new preorder stand, there was an add for swap force and preordering it.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#20 Posted: 14:44:25 20/06/2013
Same here weebbby. I saw no cards, but only the ad. The lady I was talking to said they had nothing involving that. Hopefully the other target near me will have some.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#21 Posted: 15:04:54 20/06/2013
All the other cards were moved to right there on the new stand as well.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#22 Posted: 15:40:09 20/06/2013
I stopped by my Target yesterday and the 3 cashiers that were very willing to help me did not know anything about it. They did show me the pre-order of Disney Infinity, but at this time the cards for SF are not available. I would suspect that they will have them out in time for the Sunday Ad.
#23 Posted: 17:02:04 20/06/2013
Quote: dinoah2005
I stopped by my Target yesterday and the 3 cashiers that were very willing to help me did not know anything about it. They did show me the pre-order of Disney Infinity, but at this time the cards for SF are not available. I would suspect that they will have them out in time for the Sunday Ad.

Activision Marketing falling asleep....someone's about to eat their lunch. Chow Time Quest Complete.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#24 Posted: 19:29:20 21/06/2013
Bump.

Found an actual card at Target. Gave up and preordered it.

It has an actual RFID Chip in it.

It gives an error when you put it in Giants.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:43 21/06/2013 by Matteomax
#25 Posted: 20:01:33 21/06/2013
Matteomax,
Is there any extra info about the Unlock Content for the game located on the card?
#26 Posted: 20:50:05 21/06/2013
Bump.

I'm guessing this is this generation's version of "Volcanic Vault" except the card is NOT very collectable. What are you going to do, put the card in your display case? Ugh.

So, let me get this straight. They let you have a card that unlocks something in the game NOW, but the game isn't released yet? LOL I wonder how many people will loose it.

Pic of the card would be nice.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:51:50 21/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#27 Posted: 21:26:33 21/06/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Bump.

I'm guessing this is this generation's version of "Volcanic Vault" except the card is NOT very collectable. What are you going to do, put the card in your display case? Ugh.

So, let me get this straight. They let you have a card that unlocks something in the game NOW, but the game isn't released yet? LOL I wonder how many people will loose it.

Pic of the card would be nice.

Since it doubles as your reservation ticket I hope you don't lose it between now and 10/13.
#28 Posted: 21:51:17 21/06/2013
Matteomax,
Is there any extra info about the Unlock Content for the game located on the card?

Not really, it says;
Activates in-game character upgrade.

If you look closely, you can see the chip inside it.
---
#29 Posted: 21:57:57 21/06/2013
Would you be willing to put it on the Portal (Gians/SSA) to see what it says, if so please take a picture and post.
#30 Posted: 23:36:36 21/06/2013
Just got a Wii version one at target. Didn't even have it on the shelves but I asked and they had them in a little box behind the counter.

Nothing on it states anything different than from what if says on the one in the ad that I typed out above. You can feel the RFID chip in it like Matteomax said. If he doesn't get a chance to take some pics I can when I get home. I'm thinking of grabbing some extras because they're only a buck and we can pop them open to see whats inside.

EDIT: Here we go!

[User Posted Image]

As I said, nothing different on the back that would explain what exactly the card does in game besides "unlocking an in-game feature". I'd imagine it ends up giving the character enough coins for a few upgrades, or even the new power the character will have though.

EDIT2: And for dinoah, like Matteomax said, it comes up with an error on both 3DS and Wii versions.

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

It's definitely something. Like GhostRoaster said, it might be like VV, but I wonder what it'll come up as in game. The Legendaries marketing was careful not to flat out mention TRU (in game, anyways) so I'd doubt it'll say something like "Target© Preorder Card". It'd be funny if they say something like "Bulls-eye Card" or whatever on the summon screen. They'll have to play with it probably but I'm interested to see what it's going to do...that's probably the point though lol
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:54:59 22/06/2013 by spyroflame0487
#31 Posted: 03:10:17 22/06/2013
Guys, where in Target did you see this card? I checked out the cards at checkout and the electronics area where skylanders were around---no swap force info anywhere. Is this not out yet until Sunday?

I'm very interested in what this is, but the lure of having an actual free Swap Force core from TRU would be my bet right now; being obtuse in the description is VERY aggravating. I'm "hoping" the equivalent of that is in this card is ALSO in a toy that is coupled with the system via an exclusive method like Best Buy did for VV for SSA.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:15:27 22/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
#32 Posted: 03:23:16 22/06/2013
Guys, where in Target did you see this card? I checked out the cards at checkout and the electronics area where skylanders were around---no swap force info anywhere. Is this not out yet until Sunday?

I'm very interested in what this is, but the lure of having an actual free Swap Force core from TRU would be my bet right now; being obtuse in the description is VERY aggravating. I'm "hoping" the equivalent of that is in this card is ALSO in a toy that is coupled with the system via an exclusive method like Best Buy did for VV for SSA.

This is supposed to start on Sunday but some stores have had them out early. You can just pay the $1 at Target to get one of these cards then never follow through on the preorder if you'd rather take advantage of the TRU deal.
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#33 Posted: 11:55:48 22/06/2013
Could someone pick one up for me?
EDIT: Nevermind, my Uncle in Miami is gonna pick one up for me. Thanks Uncle!
Oh and el bumpo
---
Eggs
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:18 07/07/2013 by jet-vac6000
#34 Posted: 13:25:44 22/06/2013
The cards will always be in the Electronics section. Depending on which version, they should have them hanging up next to the respective game areas, but they may stick them all over by the Skylanders display.

The one that I picked mine up from had a Swap Force preorder end cap sign in front which is the only reason I asked in the first place.
---
#35 Posted: 17:10:40 22/06/2013
Quote: portalflip

This is supposed to start on Sunday but some stores have had them out early. You can just pay the $1 at Target to get one of these cards then never follow through on the preorder if you'd rather take advantage of the TRU deal.

Yeah, IF I was ordering it based on these deals I'd get both (one for system and other for 3DS). I might go ahead and do it and then follow up on neither if I find the game is a pile of poo content wise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:08 22/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#36 Posted: 23:04:32 22/06/2013
I picked one of these up last night after i got done. We have a ton of these cards everywhere in our electronic department lol
---
Praise Helix!!!
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#37 Posted: 03:00:00 23/06/2013
My target ****ing sucks, it opened in april and has no preorder for games, I guess i'm going for true
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
Pepper-Head Green Sparx Gems: 101
#38 Posted: 13:23:37 23/06/2013
Ugh why did I preorder at GameStop before looking around? ಠ_ಠ
#39 Posted: 16:14:05 25/06/2013
Quote: portalflip

Will it work if you dont follow through? I am just wondering if it has to be registered/unlocked when you pick up the game?
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#40 Posted: 16:23:19 25/06/2013
Wait, is the preorder for a certain console? Or are their different cards for different consoles?
#41 Posted: 16:26:10 25/06/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
Wait, is the preorder for a certain console? Or are their different cards for different consoles?

Target: each console has a card specifically for it (So they know what system you pre-ordered for). I was told the code should work on any console
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:28 25/06/2013 by dinoah2005
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#42 Posted: 16:30:01 25/06/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap

Target: each console has a card specifically for it (So they know what system you pre-ordered for). I was told the code should work on an console

Great! Thanks for the clarity. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:30:20 25/06/2013 by HotDogAndZap
#43 Posted: 18:46:14 25/06/2013
I think you have to return the card if you don't follow though. Has anyone tested cheating them? I would never do it but I'm sure others are interested.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#44 Posted: 23:35:56 25/06/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
I think you have to return the card if you don't follow though. Has anyone tested cheating them? I would never do it but I'm sure others are interested.

I have pre-ordered with Target before, though I have always followed-through. I usually only pre-order with them so I know their policy rather well.

One purchases the card for $1, this $1 does not go towards the game. Upon release of the game, one has 1 (maybe 2) weeks to pick-up the game at which point one pays the full price for the game and will receive a $5 gift card to Target (which cannot be used towards payment of the game.)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#45 Posted: 02:14:13 26/06/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz

How would they make you return the card once you've purchased it? Show up at your house?
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#46 Posted: 02:31:10 28/06/2013
There is no obligation what so ever for putting $1 down on the pre-order cards at Target. I pre-ordered two at Target just to get the $30 savings they are offering in the advertisement and the card with the in game upgrades but I have no intention of actually getting it there. The cards actually mean nothing to the individual stores regardless. I remember when people were going crazy back when the Wii U Preorder cards were all sold out in stores. People who actually had a card didn't have any more of a chance of getting a system on launch day then those that just stood in line and waited for the doors to open. People were pissed. 3 weeks went by and then everyone forgot about the Wii U and nobody even cares about it now...but that is a whole other story.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
KasiyatheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2537
#47 Posted: 23:45:20 28/08/2013
TheGooch is right; I spoke with a Target employee today and they said that there's no obligation just for buying the card. I also noticed that each card is marked with "Do not sell seven days before game release" in the upper left corner, so I'd recommend not waiting too long to pick one up if you want it.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#48 Posted: 00:09:24 29/08/2013
i thought that not needing to return the card was pretty clear <.< Target has "Cashier: Return this collector's card to guest if requested" printed on the back. Buying a card does not mean you are obligated to but it from there. I will be getting a couple of my copies from there simply because of my discounts though smilie as for the part instructing us not to sell them 7 days before release, that is to make sure that we get the correct amount in on release day. Having that card is supposed to be a guarantee you can get the game on day one of release. So if a store has sold 20 presale cards and then they sell one the day before release, that one copy isn't magically going to pop onto the truck already en route to the store. It usually isnt too big of a deal since extras are available and obviously we get the ones in to put on the shelf. I'm sure there will b plenty of cards right up till a week before release
---
Praise Helix!!!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#49 Posted: 15:37:06 29/08/2013
UFO hat

all we know is it gives +9 to one stat and maybe more to others(Someone tried it at the Gamestop expo in Vegas)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#50 Posted: 22:58:19 29/08/2013
I need to get the card!
---
Team Hot Dog!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me