darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013)
First | Previous | Page 27 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 202 203 204
Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#1301 Posted: 00:58:58 13/05/2013
Interesting. So there might be two games in development?
Please have weapon slots!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#1302 Posted: 03:21:57 13/05/2013
there making 4th game that's it i think im not ganna get anymore skylanders related things it just too much = = but that dosen't mean im gonna stop liking skylanders i may get swapforce but 4th game cmon toys for bob some parents are sick of it
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:23:47 13/05/2013 by sky-dragon
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1303 Posted: 13:29:52 13/05/2013
Some parents aren't sick of it. However, some parents - who happen to be gamers - like me are sick of seeing a Call of Dookie and Madden each year. At the same time, there are people out there who aren't sick of seeing glorified roster updates sold for 60 dollars a year and happily buy it.

I will buy Skylanders every year until the end of my life if they keep it going. It's far better than all of the gritty, M-Rated, brown, shooters, racers, and RPG's that lack imagination, but rather put all of their NPC's in tattered rags, that happen to be brown just like the game world they inhabit.

America ruined the gaming industry in my eyes, unless it's games by companies like Toys For Bob or Wayforward. Everything has to be photo realistic or americanized, which when it comes to games, means there is an automatic lack of imagination and innovation.

Toys For Bob came and changed that, though. They even 1up'd Nintendo, by doing something like this, while Nintendo releases Pokemon games every couple of years, that are on a cart, and you do the same thing every couple of years, which is start out, get starter Pokemon, offer to complete a Pokedex, fight Gym Leaders, go to Elite Four, fight them, Fight Elite Four Champion, rinse and repeat every 2-3 years.

There are lots of games that follow the same trend, but at least Skylanders has done something different each year, and with Swap Force, they're giving us the ability to play with 256 different combinations of Skylanders, while giving us an entirely new - and truly HD - graphics engine.

Skylanders is the only franchise that I will defend yearly releases on, because the gaming industry needed this, or the 7th gen of gaming would have sucked hardcore, due to all the crap American developers throw out.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
skylanderfan8 Green Sparx Gems: 242
#1304 Posted: 15:03:15 13/05/2013
i hope they will make a 4th game
but now lets wait till the 3th game is out smilie
---
smilie Clear the air ! smilie >N<
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#1305 Posted: 15:20:49 13/05/2013
I don't think Skylanders games are very different or innovative, TBH, and I don't see how Giants is more than a roster update either. The only innovation I really think they've made is making the Toys To Life idea a big thing, but game-wise I think that they are a big money spinner. There isn't really much unique or exciting about it as a dungeon crawler, and the 3DS games are very boring without a big collection to level up in them. The mobile games are mediocre.

Anyway, I want to say that I'm not sick of it- but the figurine releases are utterly horrid. The pains of Giants are making me scared of buying the next games. I will still buy them anyway, regrettably. I am not really sick of the games... Yet... But I am tired of the carp Activision schedule of characters. If they don't fix it in Swap Force I will probably quit; if Disney do the same with Infinity, I will boycott it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:07 13/05/2013 by GamingMaster_76
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1306 Posted: 16:03:14 13/05/2013
@GamingMaster_76

16 swap force figures and 16 new ordinary skylanders, its a total of 32 to buy... you need only 8 swap force so you can visit all the places in the game... but then again it depend on how op the figures are and how dependent you will be on heroic challenges to upgrade... or how collector crazy you are... i agree the figurine releases are utterly horrid by now, there is figures released for 5 new games already....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:28 13/05/2013 by kappapopm
#1307 Posted: 18:00:47 13/05/2013
i think they schould reveal the figures quiker
---
#1308 Posted: 18:09:55 13/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
I don't think Skylanders games are very different or innovative, TBH, and I don't see how Giants is more than a roster update either. The only innovation I really think they've made is making the Toys To Life idea a big thing, but game-wise I think that they are a big money spinner. There isn't really much unique or exciting about it as a dungeon crawler, and the 3DS games are very boring without a big collection to level up in them. The mobile games are mediocre.

Anyway, I want to say that I'm not sick of it- but the figurine releases are utterly horrid. The pains of Giants are making me scared of buying the next games. I will still buy them anyway, regrettably. I am not really sick of the games... Yet... But I am tired of the carp Activision schedule of characters. If they don't fix it in Swap Force I will probably quit; if Disney do the same with Infinity, I will boycott it.

Well, with the roster updates for Skylanders, they do more than get tackled the same way over and over. Outside of names, Madden Football Players do the same thing over and over. They run, catch, sprint, stiff arm, tackle, guard, throw, toss, juke, high step, and that's about it. At least the roster updates for Skylanders come with Heroic Challenges, personality, can level up to 10 and 15, have 3 unique moves that generally don't perform the same as others, and they go through a colorful world full of enemies instead of running 100 yards to the endzone.

Same goes for Call of Dookie. It's the same hand holding a gun, but the hand happens to look different. You shoot and kill campers, who hide in the trees, because they're afraid to get killed. Not to mention you got a bunch of goofballs acting dumb, as they nerd rage all over each other, when it's just a video game.

Skylanders is one of only a few games in the 7th gen that helped the 7th gen to not be a total wreck. The gaming industry - and the American developers - needs to know that people do value gameplay over graphics, and sometimes those are the games that happen to be the most fun.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1309 Posted: 18:53:36 13/05/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76

^This ^-^
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#1310 Posted: 19:11:05 13/05/2013
i like the skylanders series i have no problems to say
but a little thing is that they schould reveal the figures a litlle quiker
and if they do not do that just give us some information
or a interview that gives us details smilie
---
#1311 Posted: 00:27:48 14/05/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Some parents aren't sick of it. However, some parents - who happen to be gamers - like me are sick of seeing a Call of Dookie and Madden each year. At the same time, there are people out there who aren't sick of seeing glorified roster updates sold for 60 dollars a year and happily buy it.

I will buy Skylanders every year until the end of my life if they keep it going. It's far better than all of the gritty, M-Rated, brown, shooters, racers, and RPG's that lack imagination, but rather put all of their NPC's in tattered rags, that happen to be brown just like the game world they inhabit.

America ruined the gaming industry in my eyes, unless it's games by companies like Toys For Bob or Wayforward. Everything has to be photo realistic or americanized, which when it comes to games, means there is an automatic lack of imagination and innovation.

Toys For Bob came and changed that, though. They even 1up'd Nintendo, by doing something like this, while Nintendo releases Pokemon games every couple of years, that are on a cart, and you do the same thing every couple of years, which is start out, get starter Pokemon, offer to complete a Pokedex, fight Gym Leaders, go to Elite Four, fight them, Fight Elite Four Champion, rinse and repeat every 2-3 years.

There are lots of games that follow the same trend, but at least Skylanders has done something different each year, and with Swap Force, they're giving us the ability to play with 256 different combinations of Skylanders, while giving us an entirely new - and truly HD - graphics engine.

Skylanders is the only franchise that I will defend yearly releases on, because the gaming industry needed this, or the 7th gen of gaming would have sucked hardcore, due to all the crap American developers throw out.

I agree, nice to see a clean, fun game. I must say though, releasing a new game every year is ok, but meaning you have to buy at least 8 new figs to get 100% is kind of annoying. I suppose if they just kept releasing games with no new mechanics, it'd get the hate that Battle Network got for releasing a lot of games but all being mostly the same just with new attacks and forms.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#1312 Posted: 15:47:50 14/05/2013
i dont think its a bad thing to buy at least 8 figure
i like to collect them so smilie
---
#1313 Posted: 19:10:22 14/05/2013
Quote: skylanderfan8

I agree with this. Sadly, the trend with Skylanders has been this -

Toy Fair: Reveal of Skylanders or new Skylanders game

Between Toy Fair and E3: NOT A DARN THING

E3: Maybe a few character reveals and a trailer

Between E3 and launch of Skylanders or each new Skylanders game: NOT A DARN THING

It's the only thing I hate about Skylanders. They don't keep us fed with info. It's just like, "Oh, here you go, guys. Here is the new game. That should be enough until E3, where you will get a trailer, but not much else."

I wish they would reveal a certain amount of characters per month as well as some of the new Battle and Adventure Packs, graphics comparisons due to the new engine, showing us what some of the old characters look like with the new engine, but who knows what they're thinking with the logic of not showing Skylander fans much of anything up until the game's launch.

I wonder who handles their marketing, because it's what sorely lacks the most with Skylanders before the game launches. Infinity keeps showing trailers for new characters and playsets, which builds hype. How can Skylanders compete when they're hiding their info, thus negating hype, which potentially leads to loss of customers.

Right now, we need info more than anything, because for a 16 level game (Giants), we still don't have access to 5 characters in the game. So, I imagine people are losing interest in the brand, because 1: They can't get new characters, and 2: There is no new info going through the Skylanders pipeline, to keep people interested when there is a lack of anything new to keep people invested.
---
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#1314 Posted: 23:58:10 14/05/2013
the ruined stealth elf...sorry...
#1315 Posted: 10:35:21 15/05/2013

I agree with this. Sadly, the trend with Skylanders has been this -

Toy Fair: Reveal of Skylanders or new Skylanders game

Between Toy Fair and E3: NOT A DARN THING

E3: Maybe a few character reveals and a trailer

Between E3 and launch of Skylanders or each new Skylanders game: NOT A DARN THING

It's the only thing I hate about Skylanders. They don't keep us fed with info. It's just like, "Oh, here you go, guys. Here is the new game. That should be enough until E3, where you will get a trailer, but not much else."

I wish they would reveal a certain amount of characters per month as well as some of the new Battle and Adventure Packs, graphics comparisons due to the new engine, showing us what some of the old characters look like with the new engine, but who knows what they're thinking with the logic of not showing Skylander fans much of anything up until the game's launch.

I wonder who handles their marketing, because it's what sorely lacks the most with Skylanders before the game launches. Infinity keeps showing trailers for new characters and playsets, which builds hype. How can Skylanders compete when they're hiding their info, thus negating hype, which potentially leads to loss of customers.

Right now, we need info more than anything, because for a 16 level game (Giants), we still don't have access to 5 characters in the game. So, I imagine people are losing interest in the brand, because 1: They can't get new characters, and 2: There is no new info going through the Skylanders pipeline, to keep people interested when there is a lack of anything new to keep people invested.

totally agree smilie
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#1316 Posted: 12:14:08 15/05/2013
You know, maybe there will be enough people disinterested that Activision and stores and will lower prices!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#1317 Posted: 16:06:09 15/05/2013
Who knows. However, it's insanely dumb to see new trailers for Infinity characters and Power Discs popping up all over the net every month or so, but all we know about Swap Force, is what was shown to us at Toy Fair this year.
---
#1318 Posted: 17:46:35 15/05/2013
i dont think its a bad thing to buy at least 8 figure
i like to collect them so smilie

until you want to upgrade and you need heroic challenges, after you got some of the upgrades you want. then you start looking at what your missing and you see, its not alot.. and you start tinkering why not just get them too.

then you know its a.....

but to late....
#1319 Posted: 00:50:22 16/05/2013
Quote: zookinator
You know, maybe there will be enough people disinterested that Activision and stores and will lower prices!

Then Skylanders goes down the way of MySpace :P but at least we'd get much better collections, unless eager fans broke out in fights in the aisles for the last few remaining characters before the age where scalpers rule all :P
---
#1320 Posted: 17:32:45 17/05/2013
Heads up, Nintendo Direct is live and might have a short clip or two
#1321 Posted: 18:15:40 17/05/2013
i think we have to wait for information till E3 that 11june
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#1322 Posted: 23:47:29 17/05/2013
Skylanders started to lose my interest after i beat giants. There was nothing else to do but wait for the next wave to come out. After you beat everything, there's nothing to do until you get the next wave. Seeing how the next one might come out in the summer, there is a long time of nothing. I don't know if im going to buy Swap Force or if im even going to finish my collection.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1323 Posted: 01:10:18 18/05/2013
Indeed, and since I couldn't get any more waves, that made it even less appealing. I might start customizing. Anyway, I'm considering getting one of the 3DS versions.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1324 Posted: 07:38:05 18/05/2013
In SSA I got all 32 on the poster.
In SG I got all 16 new Skylanders, most the series 2's and most lightcores.
In SSF I will get all 32 new Skylanders but I am not sure about Series 3's and lightcores, well I will have at least one Series 3 and maybe a Wrecking Ball series 3 is their is one.
---
#1325 Posted: 10:48:38 18/05/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
^3ds SSA is alot of fun, I say you should try it out! :D

Everyone seems to have different opinions on which is the better of the 3DS games. Some say the first is exciting and quick-paced. Others complain it's too short, and that the second one had great platforming. Not sure which to get.
---
#1326 Posted: 10:54:33 18/05/2013
i m not going to buy skylander games on 3DS is dont like them in the 3DS
but thas maybe because i have a wii and PS3
---
#1327 Posted: 12:53:05 18/05/2013
yeah thats true smilie
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#1328 Posted: 17:06:32 18/05/2013
I never tried any skylanders swap force may be the first is still enough convincing
---
THE END IS NEAR
#1329 Posted: 17:14:55 18/05/2013
Giants is more story and exploration oriented, and is like a portable version of the console games.
SSA is more about fast-paced platforming and exploration with minimal fat, and thrives on having an experience unique from the other titles.

I personally prefer the latter, although both have good qualities in their own way. Which game you'll like more basically comes down to which style you prefer. I should warn that many copies of Giants have some... Issues, though.

Also, the "SSA is too short" argument is stupid because it and Giants are the same length. Around 11 hours for completion. If length is most important to you, go for SSA, purely because it's much cheaper by now...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1330 Posted: 14:13:57 19/05/2013
I like how it's been 3 months without any new information. Something definitely happened in the whole timeline for Activision..my bet is still on the change in release for Infinity.

Just in case anyone is actually going to E3 this year, Activision Blizzard will be at Booths 647, MR 309, MR 403B, MR 404AB. I have no idea what that means over all, but Skylanders is sure to be at one of those places. I think it should be easy because they'll probably have giant portals and figures around haha.

But on a more serious note- this is absolutely bizzare that they haven't shown ANYTHING since Toy Fair. Like, not a trailer, character reveal, anything. Whats the purpose of having an online presence on social media sites if you can't show anything off? Looks like they're just waiting for big conventions and stuff to show off things....
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#1331 Posted: 16:05:46 19/05/2013
luckilly E3 is near. Aldo the number just the room nothing special about the game showed one
---
THE END IS NEAR
#1332 Posted: 16:27:01 19/05/2013
someone should seriously go to this year e3 and ask activision whats up with the skylanders...
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1333 Posted: 16:54:42 19/05/2013
Nothing is up, nothing is wrong they are waiting to E3 which is not long so I don't see what is wrong.

At E3 they will probably show a new trailer with a few new characters shown and then show some character trailers in August.

Unless they do something where they reveal a few Skylanders then the rest are secret until they come at in stores.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#1334 Posted: 18:56:17 19/05/2013
Where is E3 being held? Whoever lives in the state it is being held can look.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#1335 Posted: 19:37:50 19/05/2013
Los Angeles- but it's press-only, so just because someone lives there it doesn't mean that they can visit.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1336 Posted: 21:29:01 19/05/2013
In regards to if the franchise is good or not, Giants had great characters to play as, but the game was a total flat line for me. Giants seemed to completely miss the point of why people like Skylanders. I can't speak for everyone, but I like Skylanders because of the characters, and their combat. When I play a Skylanders game, I want to be beating the snot out of tough bad guys in a spectacular fashion, but I have to spend a million in-game dollars just to make them decent by upgrading them, and it doesn't matter anyways since half the time I'm pushing blocks, opening locks, playing cards, piloting helicopters, or controlling a giant robot.

My point is that you don't spend enough time doing the things that make the skylanders cool. Even in the times you ARE fighting bad guys, they go down so easily that it's completely boring. There's barely even any boss fights in the series, which is something that should really be at the end of every level in a game like this, especially if it's only going to be 16 levels long. At the very least they could throw in some mini-bosses during the levels.

The first 3DS game understood that the combat is the key feature that makes the skylanders cool and unique from a gameplay standpoint, so they had you beating up bad guys that took a lot of hits, and actually made you have to dodge attacks. Kind of as if it were some sort of video game or something. They also had you unlock attacks as you leveled up rather than force you to buy your upgrades. These are just a couple reasons why I think the first 3DS game is the only good Skylanders game.

I think that Skylanders needs to take a look at Kirby Super Star and get some ideas from that game. Kirby Super Star has some of the best and most violent kids game combat ever, and they threw in lots of bad guys, mini-bosses, and big bosses to inflict pain on. That's what Skylanders really needs to focus on. The story should not be one of the main focuses in a franchise like this.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1337 Posted: 23:51:38 19/05/2013
my dad is going to E3! smilie
#1338 Posted: 00:49:16 20/05/2013
Quote: DinoHex

I think that Skylanders needs to take a look at Kirby Super Star and get some ideas from that game. Kirby Super Star has some of the best and most violent kids game combat ever, and they threw in lots of bad guys, mini-bosses, and big bosses to inflict pain on. That's what Skylanders really needs to focus on. The story should not be one of the main focuses in a franchise like this.

Lol, Kirby, if the franchise used any creatures other than adorable cute little puff-balls, it'd be the most violent series on earth smilie (seriously, you eat fully sentient beings!). Don't forget Kirby 64: Crystal Shards, which had blood in it! Kirby Super Star (and Ultra) were awesome games, Milky Way Wishes made you a bit OP after a point, but it was still awesome. I say, Skylanders should retain its hack-n-slashing, but make it a good mix, some people don't like strategic button mashing smilie.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1339 Posted: 01:04:56 20/05/2013
Quote: ZapNorris

I'm sure he's not just a visitor?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#1340 Posted: 01:32:37 20/05/2013
3 Things guys

1 My computers mouse is frozen so I wont be on as much and will have to use just my kindle to get on here until about June 20th because I'm having surgery too and will be stuck in bed for nearly 2 weeks so if anything new is reveled could someone please PM me. (Sorry if spelling is bad. Little harder to type and it has auto correct which can make the wrong word appear sometimes.

Quote: DinoHex
In regards to if the franchise is good or not, Giants had great characters to play as, but the game was a total flat line for me. Giants seemed to completely miss the point of why people like Skylanders. I can't speak for everyone, but I like Skylanders because of the characters, and their combat. When I play a Skylanders game, I want to be beating the snot out of tough bad guys in a spectacular fashion, but I have to spend a million in-game dollars just to make them decent by upgrading them, and it doesn't matter anyways since half the time I'm pushing blocks, opening locks, playing cards, piloting helicopters, or controlling a giant robot.

My point is that you don't spend enough time doing the things that make the skylanders cool. Even in the times you ARE fighting bad guys, they go down so easily that it's completely boring. There's barely even any boss fights in the series, which is something that should really be at the end of every level in a game like this, especially if it's only going to be 16 levels long. At the very least they could throw in some mini-bosses during the levels.

I agree with a lot of these. Giants was very short,easy, and only kept my attention for a few weeks.As for the puzzles and rocking pushing I agree their could be less but keep a few like the laser puzzle and just a few lock puzzles and add more enimes and mini-bosses and bosses. As in one of each in every level. Lastly I actually enjoy piloting the vehicles which is why level 14 is my favorite level of the game.

If your dads going make sure he gets lots of footage for us to see.
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#1341 Posted: 02:31:02 20/05/2013
what kind of surgery sorry for off topic
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#1342 Posted: 09:24:45 20/05/2013
People are hating on the new SE? I really like her new outfit, MUCH better than just her toy in a different pose :I
#1343 Posted: 09:29:58 20/05/2013
Nothing in Gameinformer
#1344 Posted: 11:10:28 20/05/2013

ask him to collect as manny information and photos smilie
---
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#1345 Posted: 15:54:56 21/05/2013

I couldn't agree more. As long as they have some good ideas for each one smilie
---
Im so proud of you
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1346 Posted: 19:40:18 21/05/2013
I bet if E3 wasn't timed with school, I could go, since I can give the excuse "I'm a moderator for darkSpyro.net".
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
First | Previous | Page 27 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 202 203 204

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me