Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Best Place to Get Complete SSA Toys in Box?
Page 1 of 1
Best Place to Get Complete SSA Toys in Box? [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 21:53:43 25/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Pickings are slim online--does anyone have any secret location where SSA characters are still being offered in abundance at MSRP? *so that removes eBay*

Not much from Best Buy, TRU, Gamestop...although I'd get most of the "popular" characters.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#2 Posted: 22:17:01 25/02/2013
ive seen many at target as of late. Also BJS and SAMS club seem to have stock on shelves.
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#3 Posted: 22:27:44 25/02/2013
Sams club definitely. Toysrus still has them also. My local Targets have completely removed all SSA figures and aren't getting anymore in.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#4 Posted: 22:36:08 25/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Pickings are slim online--does anyone have any secret location where SSA characters are still being offered in abundance at MSRP? *so that removes eBay*

Not much from Best Buy, TRU, Gamestop...although I'd get most of the "popular" characters.

My local Toys R Us in Charlotte has been "stuck" with a glut of seemingly unsellable SSA Cynder, Stump Smash, Sonic Boom, and Stealth Elf for literally months. They've just been sitting on the pegs, clogging-up their inventory, not moving, at all.

As for all other retailers, it's seemingly totally random how/where to find boxed/new SSA characters. I saw some Bash, Whirlwind, and Sonic Boom at a local KMart recently. I've randomly found SSA single packs in very limited quantities at various local Walgreen's (Lightning Rod, Dino-Rang, Flameslinger, Stump Smash, Hex, Double Trouble, Warnado, Camo).

My local BJ's, Targets, GameStops, and Best Buys almost never stock SSA stuff anymore, with the exception of Target having Pirate Seas, Dragon's Peak, and Ice Empire packs intermittently.

I'd like to hear other people's observations on this topic :-)
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
camp25 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#5 Posted: 23:11:00 25/02/2013
Except for boomer and maybe 1 or two I've found all ssa at Wal-Mart. Wham shell and dino rang and all the adventure packs. This is since Christmas. I'm trying to get a full second set but have not been as lucky
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#6 Posted: 23:15:10 25/02/2013
I have seen some at Walgreens.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#7 Posted: 00:07:02 26/02/2013
Walgreens is where you will find them. Not many people go to Walgreens for skylanders so its a pretty good untapped resource. They are $10.99 however.

I have seen:
Double Trouble
Voodood
Stealth Elf
Stump Smash
Hex
Cynder
Zook
Sonic Boom
Whirlwind
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#8 Posted: 00:31:21 26/02/2013
I've seen Skylanders figures at OfficeMax. Same deal as Walgreens in that it's another source people don't seem to utilize.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
#9 Posted: 02:04:37 26/02/2013
Quote: longsh0t
I've seen Skylanders figures at OfficeMax. Same deal as Walgreens in that it's another source people don't seem to utilize.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip about OfficeMax.
The other day I was buzzing around town with my son shopping for the Skylanders, and I needed some office supplies anyways, so we dropped into a Staples just on the off-chance that they might have a random small Skylanders display. They did not.

This continues a very quirky trend with stores that carry Skylanders....
for example, Barnes & Noble doesn't carry Skylanders, but Books-A-Million does.
Walgreen's carries some Skylanders, but CVS and Rite-Aid do not.
And now, apparently OfficeMax has some Skylanders, but Staples doesn't.

Odd.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#10 Posted: 03:42:24 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker

My local Toys R Us in Charlotte has been "stuck" with a glut of seemingly unsellable SSA Cynder, Stump Smash, Sonic Boom, and Stealth Elf for literally months. They've just been sitting on the pegs, clogging-up their inventory, not moving, at all.

As for all other retailers, it's seemingly totally random how/where to find boxed/new SSA characters. I saw some Bash, Whirlwind, and Sonic Boom at a local KMart recently. I've randomly found SSA single packs in very limited quantities at various local Walgreen's (Lightning Rod, Dino-Rang, Flameslinger, Stump Smash, Hex, Double Trouble, Warnado, Camo).

My local BJ's, Targets, GameStops, and Best Buys almost never stock SSA stuff anymore, with the exception of Target having Pirate Seas, Dragon's Peak, and Ice Empire packs intermittently.

I'd like to hear other people's observations on this topic :-)

Another Charlotian? Well hello!

Are you talking about the TRU at Concord Mills? Yeah, kinda sad with that inventory. I didn't think about checking Walgreens. I had no idea they had them. I go to Sams for shopping every week they never have any stock.

Quote: jstewie23
I have seen some at Walgreens.

Yeah, my son has a set, I have a boxed set, trying to get all of the 3 packs and another boxed set before they are permanently gone. I'm thinking by Oct you won't see them anymore.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:47:26 26/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 03:51:58 26/02/2013
Hello Ghost Roaster! Yes, I'm in Charlotte.
I was referring to the Toys R Us in Pineville. And yes, they seem to do a particularly crummy job with stocking their Skylanders.

I visited the Sam's Club in Pineville tonight, too, just to see what they had. They had a bunch of the Dragon's Peak, Ice Empire, and Pirate Seas packs ... and not much else.

If you see any hot sales or inventories locally here in Charlotte, let me know! I'll be sure to pass any info I have on to you, too.
---
#12 Posted: 03:57:26 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Hello Ghost Roaster! Yes, I'm in Charlotte.
I was referring to the Toys R Us in Pineville. And yes, they seem to do a particularly crummy job with stocking their Skylanders.

I visited the Sam's Club in Pineville tonight, too, just to see what they had. They had a bunch of the Dragon's Peak, Ice Empire, and Pirate Seas packs ... and not much else.

If you see any hot sales or inventories locally here in Charlotte, let me know! I'll be sure to pass any info I have on to you, too.

Thanks! I used to live in Matthews, and went to Pineville quite a bit. Sounds like I might take a run there for entertainment sake. Will do on posting any good sightings. Would love to stock up on Darklight Crypt. Would be interested in stocking up on the other adventure packs.

Still haven't seen Thumpback/Eyebrawl locally. Had to get mine from gamestop.com.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:08 26/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#13 Posted: 03:59:25 26/02/2013
IF U NEDE FIGS GO TEW CRACKER BARREL THEY HAVE TONZ O LANDERZ.
#14 Posted: 04:03:32 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: X-Treme

I tried to order a Dino Rang with my Grandma's Breakfast platter, but they looked at me strange. So, maybe not.
---
#15 Posted: 04:04:31 26/02/2013

I tried to order a Dino Rang with my Grandma's Breakfast platter, but they looked at me strange. So, maybe not.

Same at mcdonalds.
#16 Posted: 04:09:25 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Same at mcdonalds.

I'm still asking for my Polar Whirlwind.
---
#17 Posted: 04:12:10 26/02/2013

Same at mcdonalds.

I'm still asking for my Polar Whirlwind.

The drive throo dude sed pola wirl wud be out at beger king in may.
legoswimmer1211 Green Sparx Gems: 145
#18 Posted: 04:20:24 26/02/2013
Walgreens?!?!? Really!? I know we're kinda past this subject... but Walgreens?! Wow, looks like I'll be make a trip to the one nearby my house.
---
If someone ever made Skylanders into a MOBA, I'd be ok with that.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#19 Posted: 05:54:56 26/02/2013
Typically, they will be I. The toy section at Walgreens, a out 2-3 shelves from the ground, and in a single line of about 3-5 figures. Honestly, I bet they have more in the back as well.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#20 Posted: 06:39:13 26/02/2013
Quote: czs716
Typically, they will be I. The toy section at Walgreens, a out 2-3 shelves from the ground, and in a single line of about 3-5 figures. Honestly, I bet they have more in the back as well.

Yeah, Walgreen's must have the least aggressive Skylanders marketing strategy out there. Walgreen's typically shelves a half-dozen SSA single-character packs, lined-up in a row .... you'd probably miss seeing them if you weren't specifically looking for them there. Walgreen's also doesn't advertise the Skylanders in their newspaper flyer or at the Walgreen's website. I've had a couple of very good finds @ Walgreen's recently, but it's really a crap shoot. And the price varies by the store: some Walgreen's charge $9.99, others $10.99, and still others $11.99 ... and that also appears to be random.
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#21 Posted: 06:57:53 26/02/2013
where i live i see a lot of them at dick smiths
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#22 Posted: 07:08:08 26/02/2013
TRU is the only place I've seen any of them. But in all 3 TRU in my town they all have them.
#23 Posted: 07:15:27 26/02/2013
Quote: wayiswho
TRU is the only place I've seen any of them. But in all 3 TRU in my town they all have them.

Apparently the stock/supply of Skylanders varies a LOT between different TRU locations.
Where are you located, Wayiswho?

One other thing, if anyone is looking for SSA single packs at/near normal retail prices, Amazon has Dino-Rang in-stock for $9.99.
---
#24 Posted: 07:17:16 26/02/2013
Quote: shroom boom

May I ask what "Dick Smiths" is? I hadn't heard of that store before. What part of the country are you in?
---
legoswimmer1211 Green Sparx Gems: 145
#25 Posted: 22:13:04 26/02/2013
Went to about 3 walgreens today. You guys are right, it's hit or miss. But i am noticing a trend: they seem to have alot of the discontinued, unreposed skylanders. At least in southern Idaho anyway. Snatched a Camo and am keeping an eye out for a Wham-Shell. Wish me luck!
---
If someone ever made Skylanders into a MOBA, I'd be ok with that.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#26 Posted: 22:14:36 26/02/2013
Went to Walgreens, only had 1 S1 Drobot, badly damaged.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#27 Posted: 01:19:02 27/02/2013
Quote: shroom boom

May I ask what "Dick Smiths" is? I hadn't heard of that store before. What part of the country are you in?

i live in australia its a electrical store they sell tvs and video games and stuff like that
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
SkyWorldGod Blue Sparx Gems: 900
#28 Posted: 01:24:50 02/03/2013
I would search Sams Club. If I heard correctly, Walmart and Sams are owned by the same company so they probably just keep the Giants at Walmart and Spyro's Adventure at Sams.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me