Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15
Wave 3 Release Date? [CLOSED]
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#151 Posted: 01:21:38 09/12/2012
I just called my local TRU (Milwaukee, WI) and they said that they are expecting a new shipment on the 23 in their system. But they couldn't provide any detail on what would be inside.
---
Hoot Loop :3
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#152 Posted: 01:29:08 09/12/2012
If they were to release wave 3 on the 23rd it would not be a smart move. It is too close to Christmas, people will be traveling by that date. Most people will take a four day weekend. (I know I will.) They should release it on the 16th if anything. Anyways, if it is a new wave, we should see something on Ebay this week.
#153 Posted: 01:33:39 09/12/2012
Quote: Bazinga
If they were to release wave 3 on the 23rd it would not be a smart move. It is too close to Christmas, people will be traveling by that date. Most people will take a four day weekend. (I know I will.) They should release it on the 16th if anything. Anyways, if it is a new wave, we should see something on Ebay this week.

This week!? If it is expected to be released on the 23rd why do your think this week? I don't think that the stores would get it that early?
---
#154 Posted: 01:40:59 09/12/2012
From what I have seen, stuff usually hits Ebay 10-14 days before stores. That is when warehouses start to get them. Unfortunately, people in the department store warehouses are just as likely to open packages and peek in them.

With it being the Holiday Shopping season, stuff will get into warehouses early.
ziggymoonunit Green Sparx Gems: 271
#155 Posted: 03:40:26 09/12/2012
If TRU is expecting to get them on the 23rd......I wonder when they would put them out. It would be crazy if they were put on the shelf on Christmas Eve. Talk about last minute. Did any of the people that had employees tell them that they were in the ad for the 23rd mention if they were part of the 3pm doorbusters that TRU has been doing?
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#156 Posted: 03:47:36 09/12/2012
I highly doubt that this is wave three. I am not saying that it might not be, just as you said it would be crazy to release on Dec 23rd and expect everyone to go and shop for them. It is going to turn into a four day weekend for a lot of people. Who will leave on Friday or Saturday for their destination.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#157 Posted: 08:02:01 09/12/2012
Bazinga,
That is what I have said all along. They will stock the shelves with them on the 23rd (expecting most everyone to be done shopping or traveling) so that the day after Christmas they will be the hot item that will be used with all the gift cards and items that get returned without a receipt so the shoppers are forced to get a gift card (i.e. Walmart) and spend there. What will they buy? The new Wave 3 Skylanders... You may say that the scalpers will get them all on the 23rd when they come out. I believe they learned from last year and have plenty in stock. just like Wave 1. Makes perfect sense to me. What do you think they have been producing for the last month and a half, if not longer? Just remember who said it first when it happens. If not, I will have alot of hate mail, and I do apologize in advance.

I still believe the store manager of my local TRU when he told me that the sale ad for the 23rd has Wave 3.
More info: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...ic=67248&page=3
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 08:09:16 09/12/2012 by dinoah2005
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#158 Posted: 08:28:41 09/12/2012
Australia just only got wave 2. Why would they release the next wave 2 weeks later everywhere else in the world excluding Australia? (And maybe some parts of Europe). My guess is January
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#159 Posted: 08:53:37 09/12/2012
In the US, wave 2 came out 30 days (Nov 5-9) after wave 1 unless you were one of the lucky ones to grab them on day 2 of D-Day from TRU (TRU struck a deal to get wave 2, 30 days before others). In any case Wave 2 has been out for at least 4 weeks and add 2 more weeks when the 23rd comes around, that will be 6 weeks since wave 2 was released to all the stores, not just TRU. It looks like Game Stop is now getting in on the "30 days before others" deal with the Hot Dog 3 pack. I do feel for you that live out side of the US. You get the waves around a month later and most of the promo's you do not qualify for. I feel for you man.
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#160 Posted: 14:39:38 09/12/2012
These companies are looking at yearend sales and want to sell as much as they can as fast as they can. If they could pack the shelves with ALL of the skylanders they would. It's a simple matter of logistics not marketing. They know us drones will flock to the stores regardless of when they will be released and buy them. I know I will be at my walmart at midnight, TRU at 8am and gamestop at 10am on the 23rd (as will most of you).

Many parents NEED to get their kids the newest hottest toy. We stand in lines for hours at midnight and fight the hordes of people and you honestly think they wouldn't show up on Dec 23? Now for some it will be impossible to make it because of travel etc, but for those that can, will. Not to mention the day AFTER Christmas all the malls and stores are ALWAYS packed. So they would sell fast enough and add to their bottom line.

Profit is a company’s motivator, not logic.

Now this of course does NOT mean they truly are coming before Christmas or even this year, but if they can do it they will.
They have had the little slaves working overtime in China so who knows.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:40:40 09/12/2012 by Dragon Crusher
#161 Posted: 14:48:47 09/12/2012
We all know that they can be released on the 23rd of December. Now for the money side of this if they were looking at that, Wave three would have been out in the USA awhile ago. More time to sell, you know the drill. One thing that might get overlooked. Is that biggest ports in the USA was shut down because of a strike. I'm pretty sure the figures are made in China so they more than likely would hit that port and then be shipped out after they made it thru customs. With all of that being said, we can agree to disagree. smilie In the end we all know they will be out sometime either the 23rd, or sometime in January.
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#162 Posted: 21:33:29 09/12/2012
It was weird with S:SA because we got one of the waves first before US and EU. It was the one with Zook, Lightning Rod and Ignitor. But US got Dragons Peak when we got those so maybe we'll get a wave first smilie
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#163 Posted: 21:36:47 09/12/2012
I just came from GameStop Kids, and an employee said that Thumpback is due in Jersey by the 2 week of January.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#164 Posted: 21:39:38 09/12/2012
So confused.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#165 Posted: 21:41:18 09/12/2012
Keep in mind that ToysRUs could get them early, like Wave 2.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#166 Posted: 22:20:15 09/12/2012
I'm a little confused on this TRU having rights to the figures for 30 days on wave 2. I know I got a lot of the reposed figures at wal-mart either the Friday after Giants came out or the Friday after that, so less than two weeks after it came out.

I don't know if the Wal-Mart I purchased them from put them out early or what, but I know that I had them before the "30 Day exclusive" that TRU supposedly had.

Anyways, first part of Jan, sounds good to me.
#167 Posted: 22:43:14 09/12/2012
Quote: Matteomax
Keep in mind that ToysRUs could get them early, like Wave 2.

This. And thatb could leave the second weeks of Janurary for rest of stores
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#168 Posted: 23:14:37 09/12/2012
I'm a little confused on this TRU having rights to the figures for 30 days on wave 2. I know I got a lot of the reposed figures at wal-mart either the Friday after Giants came out or the Friday after that, so less than two weeks after it came out.

Exactly. Other than the "Toys R Us Express" that appears for the holidays, my nearest TRU is an hour away. By the time I got up there on November 5th, I had already seen/purchased every Wave 2 character via Target or Wal*Mart with the exception of Hot Head, and I'm pretty sure he also showed up at both stores before 30 days had passed.

For all intents and purposes, many areas aren't even aware there WAS a Wave 2, especially people who didn't buy the game in the first week. All the characters just got lumped together.

Exclusivity is often an urban legend that varies from area to area. It's like how some people have never seen a Granite Crusher or Glow-In-The-Dark Sonic Boom in stores, and will claim that "they only made one print run and they're already out-of-print." smilie Other places have dozens of them lining the shelves at their applicable stores.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:17:16 09/12/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#169 Posted: 00:23:35 10/12/2012
I just read an eBay description from a guy selling a preorder for Thumpback. Apparently, he has the inside scoop saying wave 3 is coming out on the 13th at Target and has preordered 8 from a friend at Target. Well I find this very hard to believe. But he does mention the date may get moved.

So basically assumed dates:
3rd = Nope
13th = Doubt it.
23rd= Possible
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#170 Posted: 00:36:05 10/12/2012
Ssj3 Derek, where does it say that on the Facebook? I think ur just making stuff up
---
Team Hot Dog!
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#171 Posted: 00:55:13 10/12/2012
Are you STILL trying this, Kevinert? Damn kid, I must have really gotten under your skin. I just told you that you were wrong, and that was what, a month ago? You also said I am a girl, sorry, that I am "just a girl" (which tells me you have a fairly low opinion of women). You also said that you "owned" me, and then everyone laughed at you, because they could read for themselves what happened. You really should give it up. You just make yourself look foolish everytime, and you have already gotten banned once for acting like this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:07:33 10/12/2012 by SSj3 Derek
#172 Posted: 03:51:22 10/12/2012
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Are you STILL trying this, Kevinert? Damn kid, I must have really gotten under your skin. I just told you that you were wrong, and that was what, a month ago? You also said I am a girl, sorry, that I am "just a girl" (which tells me you have a fairly low opinion of women). You also said that you "owned" me, and then everyone laughed at you, because they could read for themselves what happened. You really should give it up. You just make yourself look foolish everytime, and you have already gotten banned once for acting like this.

Burned again! Kevinart don't try with ssj3 Derek. You can't win smilie
---
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#173 Posted: 07:34:29 10/12/2012
Quote: Rand O M
I just read an eBay description from a guy selling a preorder for Thumpback. Apparently, he has the inside scoop saying wave 3 is coming out on the 13th at Target and has preordered 8 from a friend at Target. Well I find this very hard to believe. But he does mention the date may get moved.

3rd = Nope
13th = Doubt it.
23rd= Possible

I highly doubt this...I work at target and nobody in electronics has any idea of a solid release date. If they did they would let me know (kinda well known around the store for the things I'm into lol) Ebay isn't a very credible source.

by the way this thread has been very amusing smilie especially the 1st 2 pages. Felt like I should be sitting here eating popcorn watching the drama unfold
---
Praise Helix!!!
#174 Posted: 23:10:15 10/12/2012
Quote: ace

3rd = Nope
13th = Doubt it.
23rd= Possible

I highly doubt this...I work at target and nobody in electronics has any idea of a solid release date. If they did they would let me know (kinda well known around the store for the things I'm into lol) Ebay isn't a very credible source.

by the way this thread has been very amusing smilie especially the 1st 2 pages. Felt like I should be sitting here eating popcorn watching the drama unfold

Yeah, I doubt it to.
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#175 Posted: 23:59:51 10/12/2012
I think we're looking at early Jan with Walmart shipping single pack Cynder on 12/31 and the GS 1/1 date. Placeholders or not, it doesn't appear to be this year.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#176 Posted: 01:00:38 11/12/2012
I've said January all along. It's already the 10th. 21 days, and if no wave 3, I guess those of us who speculated January, were right.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#177 Posted: 01:21:36 11/12/2012
The month just started. We still have to wait for the 23rd.
#178 Posted: 01:27:59 11/12/2012
True the month just started but we still haven't seen any inhand auctions on ebay which are usually up a week or two before they start showing up in stores.
---
Praise Helix!!!
#179 Posted: 01:47:05 11/12/2012
Quote: ace
True the month just started but we still haven't seen any inhand auctions on ebay which are usually up a week or two before they start showing up in stores.

Yes, it is only the fiest full week of December. We just have to wait.
#180 Posted: 02:24:39 11/12/2012
I think jan.
---
Team Hot Dog!
#181 Posted: 02:29:47 11/12/2012
What does gs mean?
---
Team Hot Dog!
#182 Posted: 02:33:54 11/12/2012
^ probably gamestop. First thing that comes to mind
---
Praise Helix!!!
#183 Posted: 02:41:19 11/12/2012
Thanks
---
Team Hot Dog!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#184 Posted: 12:13:52 11/12/2012
Watching lots of you writhing over Wave Three would be hilarious. smilie
And Scorpion Striker is a month long exclusive... AKA that means Wave Three is probably Feb but the SS release is just going to be bot- I mean leaked sooner.
Quote: GameMaster78
I've said January all along. It's already the 10th. 21 days, and if no wave 3, I guess those of us who speculated January, were right.

But you didn't. You said more than a few times "I think we will be seeing all the figures by the end of the year" *poke*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:07 11/12/2012 by GamingMaster_76
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#185 Posted: 21:19:10 11/12/2012
Quote: ShinkenRed
I'm not sure why anyone wants Wave 3 so soon.

I understand people wanting new characters now but you've got to think about this line in the long term. A new character tomorrow means more of a dryspell between Giants and Sky3.

With the figure releases being drawn out so long, it means you either have to replay the game several times, or hold off on playing until next spring. I already have two save games going on. They will both be done before all of the new Giants are released.
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#186 Posted: 21:42:08 11/12/2012
I beat the game on easy to get all the stars and trophies and then beat it again on nightmare to get all the hats.the only thing left to do now is add all the skylanders to my collection to get all of the accolades . Other than that the only reason to get any more is just to have all of them.
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#187 Posted: 00:02:30 12/12/2012
[User Posted Image] Your arguement is invailid
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#188 Posted: 00:27:29 12/12/2012
Quote: Zing

I understand people wanting new characters now but you've got to think about this line in the long term. A new character tomorrow means more of a dryspell between Giants and Sky3.

With the figure releases being drawn out so long, it means you either have to replay the game several times, or hold off on playing until next spring. I already have two save games going on. They will both be done before all of the new Giants are released.

If they draw them out somewhat, and let's release the rest tomorrow, then you have them all out and everyone loses interest in them because they are all out. Either way Activision is going to make some people mad, however either way they win.
#189 Posted: 00:43:28 12/12/2012

If they draw them out somewhat, and let's release the rest tomorrow, then you have them all out and everyone loses interest in them because they are all out. Either way Activision is going to make some people mad, however either way they win.

This. Which makes sense why they would get wave 3 on the 23rd, they could win by selling them that day. That way they have all the late Christmas shoppers go crazy, making them feel like they can get a chance to get something in their rush to get gifts, if that makes sense.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#190 Posted: 02:41:42 12/12/2012

This. Which makes sense why they would get wave 3 on the 23rd, they could win by selling them that day. That way they have all the late Christmas shoppers go crazy, making them feel like they can get a chance to get something in their rush to get gifts, if that makes sense.

If Activision holds off on new figures until the 23rd, I think they'll find that a lot of their consumer base has already spent their Christmas money. If anything I thnk their best bet would be to hold a release mid to late January during all the after Christmas sales.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#191 Posted: 02:49:08 12/12/2012

If Activision holds off on new figures until the 23rd, I think they'll find that a lot of their consumer base has already spent their Christmas money. If anything I thnk their best bet would be to hold a release mid to late January during all the after Christmas sales.

That would make no sense at all. By that time, even all the money kids get for Christmas would be long spent, and parents would just be saying "You just got a bunch of stuff for Christmas, you don't need anything else." January would be a horrible release time.
#192 Posted: 02:49:26 12/12/2012

True, but we will have to wait and see.
#193 Posted: 03:32:41 12/12/2012

^this^ Activision wins when ever they release it whether it be tomorrow, January, or any other month. The only thing left for them now is to keep people interested and keep skylanders relevant so they can win again next year
---
Praise Helix!!!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#194 Posted: 03:35:19 12/12/2012

That would make no sense at all. By that time, even all the money kids get for Christmas would be long spent, and parents would just be saying "You just got a bunch of stuff for Christmas, you don't need anything else." January would be a horrible release time.

That didn't stop their line of thinking with Spyro's Adventure, which was drawn out to May of 2012, a whole 7 months after the game was released, and 6 months and 3 weeks after people probably finished the game.

It's the only bad thing about Skylanders. They draw out such an easy game for months. By that time, kids have moved on or already waiting for the next Skylanders game to come out.

TFB really needs to start releasing all figures within the first couple of months of each game. Fans will get restless waiting for figures for a game they've beaten in the first two days of release (the game needs to be harder than Nightmare Mode which was just as easy as Hard). That, or they need to make a longer game. If they want to draw out a game for 4-7 months, they need to make people want figures and a reason to go back. They can do that by making more Adventure Packs and more of them per game, or make the game insanely hard and longer, that way people won't have such an easy time beating it.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#195 Posted: 04:07:37 12/12/2012
One other thign to think of. Let's assume that the next battle pack is also an indicator of when Gamestop is getting wave 3. For the record, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, there's no way to know at this point, but for now let's assume it is. It seems Toys R Us has been regularly getting Skylanders roughly a week to a week-and-a-half before other outlets. So that would put the timing on TRU getting wave 3 on, drumroll please, Dec 23. Again just speculation, but worth considering, wouldn't you say?
#196 Posted: 04:47:51 12/12/2012
One other thign to think of. Let's assume that the next battle pack is also an indicator of when Gamestop is getting wave 3. For the record, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, there's no way to know at this point, but for now let's assume it is. It seems Toys R Us has been regularly getting Skylanders roughly a week to a week-and-a-half before other outlets. So that would put the timing on TRU getting wave 3 on, drumroll please, Dec 23. Again just speculation, but worth considering, wouldn't you say?

My thoughts exactly.
#197 Posted: 04:52:09 12/12/2012
The TRU employee said that there is going to be.a new "adventure pack" in the shipment, so maybe that means the hot dog battle pack.
---
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#198 Posted: 04:59:31 12/12/2012
Quote: StarNinjini
The TRU employee said that there is going to be.a new "adventure pack" in the shipment, so maybe that means the hot dog battle pack.

It has been confirmed that gs is the only retailer getting the battle pack until February. They have exclusivity for thirty days starting January.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#199 Posted: 05:20:16 12/12/2012
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
Quote: StarNinjini

It has been confirmed that gs is the only retailer getting the battle pack until February. They have exclusivity for thirty days starting January.

This. Probably misinformation.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#200 Posted: 05:25:16 12/12/2012
So what constitutes a "released wave"? I only ask because there seems to be two distinct camps...one that says new figures will be available before Christmas and one that says after. If there is a new adventure pack on the 23rd like Starninjini said she was told will that count as a wave being released? Or does the entire wave 3 line-up have to be made available?

It would be nice to have a consensus here about what we should consider as a wave release.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
First | Previous | Page 4 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me