First | Previous | Page 48 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#2351 Posted: 18:16:32 17/12/2010
The legend trilogy was a fun game in my opinion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:11 17/12/2010 by spyrocrash
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#2352 Posted: 20:19:56 17/12/2010
The first two Legends were great in my opinion, but I enjoyed DotD before I found out about it's glitches and bad storyline. I only play it to pass the time nowadays.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2353 Posted: 20:49:11 17/12/2010
Quote: Bolt
The first two Legends were great in my opinion, but I enjoyed DotD before I found out about it's glitches and bad storyline. I only play it to pass the time nowadays.

Yeah, same here. Never gonna forget how it lost half an hour of gameplay for me (I wouldn't mind if the game was fun, but to me, it wasn't. Only in some very few parts).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#2354 Posted: 21:00:24 17/12/2010
The only things I liked about the game was free flight and having co-op with Cynder. Those were my two 'fan' idea I had when I finished TEN. When I heard that you could do them, I couldn't believe it. But I only really like the free flight now, Cynder took over Sparx so I kinda hate her now for that.
---
I draw stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9338
#2355 Posted: 21:14:43 17/12/2010
I thought that the free-flight was going to be great, and when I played it, I was disappointed.

EDIT: It just sort of turned into an extra gimmick to me, same with having co-op. Like they were trying to make it seem really special just by adding those two pointless things to it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:43 17/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2356 Posted: 21:15:22 17/12/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I thought that the free-flight was going to be great, and when I played it, I was disappointed.

The first time you played it, or after playing it several times?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:00 17/12/2010 by Aura24
#2357 Posted: 21:17:41 17/12/2010
Yeah, the free flight was disappointing.

@ Aura- Who are you talking to?
---
I draw stuff.
#2358 Posted: 21:18:02 17/12/2010
I was talking to Super. ;3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2359 Posted: 21:23:44 17/12/2010
Oh, because I noticed that you posted one minute after him and that sometimes happens to me, someone posts in front of me. smilie Otherwise, ninja'd.
---
I draw stuff.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#2360 Posted: 22:07:37 17/12/2010
Quote: Zackeio
Perhaps its because some people don't prefer Activision's mind set and they get angry when people fall for their mediocrity. You do make a good point that its the buyer's own money and as such its their responsibility and choice to spend it as they please. I myself don't appreciate Activision not as a hole but simply because of their president, Kotick if I'm not mistaken. Kotick's view point on how video games should be made, and how money driven that websites make him out to be has put me, personally, in a defensive state.

True, I'm happy to know that a Spyro game is being made, but being made by company that has a president like Kotick. . . lets just say I'm not pleased. Nonetheless, beggars can't be choosers and I guess its better than nothing. We'll just have to wait and see on how much effort Activision has put into this game, everything else is still nothing more than hot air at this point.

I'm not forming any opinions on anyone untill I meet them on at least a semi-personal level ie. through I.M.-ing online or a brief conversation in person. Thus given that he is a total stranger to me who hasn't the slightest clue that I exist or who I am, and that I haven't the slightest idea who he REALLY is as a person, I will make no judgement on him. Quite frankly his personality and morals mean nothing to me at the moment as he is not in a place of real (ie. world) power nor a personal aqquaintance of mine. As long as the next game is good and it is my opinion Activision made a good game, Kotic could be the friggin' devil for all I care! I don't want a company presidented by a man with a heart of gold, just a good game that doesn't give me rage.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#2361 Posted: 22:09:05 17/12/2010
You're not still defending Kotick are you SpyroLUVA? You probably haven't read any game articles about Kotick doing changes on popular games and the media.
---
#2362 Posted: 22:09:23 17/12/2010
I just hope they make this game good.
---
I draw stuff.
#2363 Posted: 22:13:31 17/12/2010
Quote: Aura24
You're not still defending Kotick are you SpyroLUVA? You probably haven't read any game articles about Kotick doing changes on popular games and the media.

Did you even read my post?

I'm defending him OR condemming him either for that matter. I do not know him, thus I have no reason to dislike him.

Don't believe everything you read. Articles DO tend to get things wrong from time to time. The CEO doesn't matter as long as the game's good anyway right? Would you really like an awesome game any less if you disliked the publisher's CEO?
---
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#2364 Posted: 22:14:42 17/12/2010
Someone needs to take a pic of the screen when they visit gamestop or wherever and ask about Spyros kingdom...off topic yeah but you see my point right?
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
#2365 Posted: 22:14:52 17/12/2010
....You just don't get it. And the articles I've read are from official sources and quotes from Kotick himself.
---
#2366 Posted: 22:18:33 17/12/2010
YOU'RE RIGHT! I Don't Get It!

Why would a game NOT be good if they get skilled people on the job JUST because of Kotick?! That makes no sense!

You know what? Never mind. We'll never aagree on this so let's stop, kay? If you hate Kotick sooo much just don't buy any Activision games.
---
#2367 Posted: 22:20:01 17/12/2010
Quote: SpyroPurple
Someone needs to take a pic of the screen when they visit gamestop or wherever and ask about Spyros kingdom...off topic yeah but you see my point right?

Yeah, they should. And I do see it.
---
I draw stuff.
#2368 Posted: 22:20:37 17/12/2010
You just haven't read any official interviews on Kotick to know what he's really like, that's all.
---
#2369 Posted: 22:21:54 17/12/2010
And it wouldn't matter if I did! How many times do I have to say it?!

IF. I. Do. Not. Know. Them. I. Will. Not. Judge. Them!
---
#2370 Posted: 22:23:18 17/12/2010
Whoopy for you...

Activision might make Spyro's Kingdom a little bland if not done right.
---
#2371 Posted: 22:28:27 17/12/2010
So could ANY publisher! It's not just Activision who publishes some bad titles.

Case and point: SIERRA!

But seriously, we're all just human and we all sometimes generate sub-par work, even those in the gaming industry.
Anyway, doesn't the quality of the game really lie with the developer? I mean, are they NOT that ones who make the art, and the designs, and make it all look pretty? Also, as long as they hire a writer or two and some VAs who care, all should be good, if not at least decent.

I'll talk more later, gotta do dishes.
---
#2372 Posted: 22:32:25 17/12/2010
Sierra is way better than Activison. In my option anyway.
---
I draw stuff.
#2373 Posted: 22:33:06 17/12/2010
Yeah, at least they don't milk a franchise to its last leg like Activision does.
---
#2374 Posted: 23:10:19 17/12/2010
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, at least they don't milk a franchise to its last leg like Activision does.

You realize that companies are in it for money not games, yes? They do what's popular and by extension profitable. And if they do something new/ not popular, it's with the intention of making money. NO company will keep making a game that doesn't sell well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:51 17/12/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2375 Posted: 02:46:48 18/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

I'm not forming any opinions on anyone untill I meet them on at least a semi-personal level ie. through I.M.-ing online or a brief conversation in person. Thus given that he is a total stranger to me who hasn't the slightest clue that I exist or who I am, and that I haven't the slightest idea who he REALLY is as a person, I will make no judgement on him. Quite frankly his personality and morals mean nothing to me at the moment as he is not in a place of real (ie. world) power nor a personal aqquaintance of mine. As long as the next game is good and it is my opinion Activision made a good game, Kotic could be the friggin' devil for all I care! I don't want a company presidented by a man with a heart of gold, just a good game that doesn't give me rage.

In short, you don't give two cents who's running the show as long as the act is up to or beyond its standards and rekindles the magic of said act or in this case game which is Spyro's Kingdom. Fair enough, nothing wrong there. True Kotick is just simply the CEO of Activision Blizzard, and he only simply decides which is best for the company. . . But its because he decides whats best for the company is what has gotten some of us a little uneasy and has put some of us in disbelief. His motives as of late have not been too accepting and this makes some of us worry about our favorite game titles.

True, one cannot judge a book by its cover but some of us, or not, are not judging simply by Kotick's face. . . they say actions speak louder than words, rather or not Kotick just has some sick humor or is really just thinking about milking ever game under his belt just to rake in the money is still not 100% clear. To clarify, what I mean by milking is that each new release for a game franchise that comes out will simply just be to rake in money, which can mean that players won't or will get what they pay for. Its that, and that alone is what makes some of us wary of what Activision is going to do with our beloved Purple Dragon. Yes, each company has their high's and lows, and each company takes a big reach when exploring new territory. I'm not against this but I would like to see some companies show more concern for the fanbase of any game they take under their wing.

Everyone is not perfect, not me, not you, not Kotick, no one. No one is born with a heart of gold and with no impurities, all of this is true but what separates those people from others is that some people try to live a better life, and spread joy while their doing it (no strings attached). Is that Kotick? Maybe, is this all just some crazy conspiracy. . . its possible.

All in all, I'll say this: Even though from what I've heard and seen from Kotick has either upset me or disappointed me, I won't just say that Kotick is indeed, with no doubt in my mind a greedy CEO that uses Video games for as in outlet for his money showers. True, I've said that Kotick is greedy, but that as well is what I've heard. We'll see how Kotick runs Activision when we get our Spyro game next year (or whenever) and we'll see how much love, passion, commitment, and dedication he is to his developer muse. Also Although I've said "us" I'm speaking for myself here, not sure how everyone else feels about Kotick.

If I've have sent messages of me being an elitist then I apologize for that. Seeing, playing so many games that are just. . . meh, must have made my words and mind a little too harsh over the time spent.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#2376 Posted: 02:52:45 18/12/2010
With a CEO like Kotick running Activision and its games, it makes me worry about Spyro's future.
---
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#2377 Posted: 02:54:25 18/12/2010
Quote: Zackeio
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

In short, you don't give two cents who's running the show as long as the act is up to or beyond its standards and rekindles the magic of said act or in this case game which is Spyro's Kingdom. Fair enough, nothing wrong there. True Kotick is just simply the CEO of Activision Blizzard, and he only simply decides which is best for the company. . . But its because he decides whats best for the company is what has gotten some of us a little uneasy and has put some of us in disbelief. His motives as of late have not been too accepting and this makes some of us worry about our favorite game titles.

True, one cannot judge a book by its cover but some of us, or not, are not judging simply by Kotick's face. . . they say actions speak louder than words, rather or not Kotick just has some sick humor or is really just thinking about milking ever game under his belt just to rake in the money is still not 100% clear. To clarify, what I mean by milking is that each new release for a game franchise that comes out will simply just be to rake in money, which can mean that players won't or will get what they pay for. Its that, and that alone is what makes some of us wary of what Activision is going to do with our beloved Purple Dragon. Yes, each company has their high's and lows, and each company takes a big reach when exploring new territory. I'm not against this but I would like to see some companies show more concern for the fanbase of any game they take under their wing.

Everyone is not perfect, not me, not you, not Kotick, no one. No one is born with a heart of gold and with no impurities, all of this is true but what separates those people from others is that some people try to live a better life, and spread joy while their doing it (no strings attached). Is that Kotick? Maybe, is this all just some crazy conspiracy. . . its possible.

All in all, I'll say this: Even though from what I've heard and seen from Kotick has either upset me or disappointed me, I won't just say that Kotick is indeed, with no doubt in my mind a greedy CEO that uses Video games for as in outlet for his money showers. True, I've said that Kotick is greedy, but that as well is what I've heard. We'll see how Kotick runs Activision when we get our Spyro game next year (or whenever) and we'll see how much love, passion, commitment, and dedication he is to his developer muse. Also Although I've said "us" I'm speaking for myself here, not sure how everyone else feels about Kotick.

If I've have sent messages of me being an elitist then I apologize for that. Seeing, playing so many games that are just. . . meh, must have made my words and mind a little too harsh over the time spent.

That *sniff* was beautiful *bursts into tears*
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
#2378 Posted: 02:55:14 18/12/2010
Spyro's future has been bleak for a while now. From AHT onwards, he's been going down in popularity rapidly sadly.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2379 Posted: 03:40:02 18/12/2010
For all we know, Spyro could go up in popularity with this new game. It could surprise us. But it worries me to think that this game may decide Spyro's future.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2380 Posted: 03:44:32 18/12/2010
Quote: Darby
For all we know, Spyro could go up in popularity with this new game. It could surprise us. But it worries me to think that this game may decide Spyro's future.

I do believe that it will. This game will be the turning point of what is to become of our beloved Purple Dragon. Will it favor the LOS fans, Classic fans, or will it surprise both sides? We just have to be patient and see.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#2381 Posted: 03:48:14 18/12/2010
You mean, you do believe it will decide the fate of Spyro? I agree, which makes me really nervous. Hopefully, it's pleasantly surprise us, and they'll take their time to make this game great.
#2382 Posted: 03:50:22 18/12/2010
Yeah, I agree with you too.
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2383 Posted: 04:32:47 18/12/2010

EDIT: It just sort of turned into an extra gimmick to me, same with having co-op. Like they were trying to make it seem really special just by adding those two pointless things to it.

And it worked. I've asked heaps of the younger DOTD fans why they love DOTD so much, and their response is, "BECAUSE YOU CAN PLAY AS CYNDER AND YOU CAN FLY!!!!"
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#2384 Posted: 04:40:27 18/12/2010
That's the main reason why i like it. But the game is pretty much, bad.
---
I draw stuff.
#2385 Posted: 04:42:06 18/12/2010
Like I've said so many times before.. Not all DotD fans are like that.
#2386 Posted: 04:49:19 18/12/2010
Like me, and CAV and you too Darby, right?
---
I draw stuff.
#2387 Posted: 04:57:19 18/12/2010
Yes smilie
There are tons more fans as well
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2388 Posted: 07:27:05 18/12/2010
I never said that it's all the fans. .__.

It just makes me angry that so many people love it death because of the features, not the actual game. That's not truly liking a game at all.

Quote: Bolt
Sierra is way better than Activison. In my option anyway.

I won't know until I see Spyro's Kindgom. To me, Sierra killed Spyro as soon as they got their hands on it, making it more darker without the portal system (AHT onwards) and all.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:44:38 18/12/2010 by DarkCynder_543
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2389 Posted: 10:21:03 18/12/2010
I have positive outlooks on this game. Although LoS didn't bring Spyro back to the popularity he had in the PS1 era, it brought him CLOSER. After ETD, the series went downhill in terms of reception. But then LoS came, more people became interested in Spyro, and some even went looking for the Classics after playing LoS. So hate LoS all you want, but one thing it did do was bring Spyro closer to his former popularity. It may have divided the fanbase, but it brought in new buyers.

Also, if Sonic could get out of the deep water he was in with Sonic 4 and Sonic Colours, then I'm sure Spyro could do something similar.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9338
#2390 Posted: 10:37:27 18/12/2010
Well TLOS only bought me in at first because I heard it was a prequel, then I heard later on that it's a reboot, and it didn't need to be changed that much, just changing the genre messed it up for me.
#2391 Posted: 15:17:10 18/12/2010
People can like TLoS for their own reasons. When I was younger, and if I wasn't apart of this forum, I wouldn't need to explain my reasoning for liking the games to anyone. I was simply like them because I enjoy them. But apparently I have to have a really convincing reasoning here.. -__- That's the problem with really young members who shouldn't even be here. They enjoy the game for their own reasons. Maybe the flying and Co-Op adds on to the game for them. It does for me, at least. But that's not the whole reason why I like the trilogy. I love the relationship between Sparx and Spyro in ANB and TEN, and I love the storyline, even if you think it's really unoriginal. I love the characters, and the level designs. Even though DotD had it's mess ups, that doesn't change the facts that I like all three of the games. :3
#2392 Posted: 15:43:23 18/12/2010
Well TLOS only bought me in at first because I heard it was a prequel, then I heard later on that it's a reboot, and it didn't need to be changed that much, just changing the genre messed it up for me.

I do agree.

When ANB came out, it was just like AHT - Posters, pre-orders, chart hits.

When TEN came out, it was the same, but this time, a considerable lot lower in the charts.

When DotD came out, there were no posters, no pre-order notices (I was the only one at a popular videogame store that pre-ordered it!), many stores no longer sold it (Including stores like Tesco, which are popular in my country, due to poor sales from TEN apparently), and recently I've been informed not many copies were made overall due to lack of interest. Another store told me the PS3 copy will probably become a collectors piece in the future.

So whilst TLoS did indeed regain the interest of people, it wasn't the type we really needed - What we needed were gamers all around. What we got were kids who wanted to play a movie. Even Bubsy has a fanbase - But outside that, no one usually wants to know.

That's all my opinion, and the info based on my own country.
---
#2393 Posted: 15:52:53 18/12/2010
At the gamestop in Memphis they had a spyro collection for ps2 called THE LEGEND OF SPYRO TRILOGY PACK.
#2394 Posted: 18:29:00 18/12/2010
I agree, this game WILL define Spyro's future, and I too am nervous.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#2395 Posted: 19:47:10 18/12/2010
If this game turns out bad... I fear the worst of our little purple dragon. :(
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#2396 Posted: 20:51:49 18/12/2010
You want know what score I'm already guessing?
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#2397 Posted: 21:56:07 18/12/2010
What, Forgotten World?
---
#2398 Posted: 23:26:37 18/12/2010
maybe since Spyro's Kingdom took this long to be made it will be kind of like how new mario platformer games are made each year for a new console (exclude galaxy 2).
#2399 Posted: 00:45:39 19/12/2010
Well, here's hoping. I'm still holding out for a platformer, seeing as there's so many combat games already out there, but not too many platformers left.
---
#2400 Posted: 05:43:45 19/12/2010
And I highly doubt it's going to be an MMO Game as a lot of people were thinking.. Activision confirmed that the title of that game was "Titan", so now, I have no idea what to think smilie
First | Previous | Page 48 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me