New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9338
#1901 Posted: 16:10:37 05/12/2010
WONDERFUL.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1902 Posted: 16:12:04 05/12/2010
And it's not helping your mood at all.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1903 Posted: 16:19:10 05/12/2010
Please, let's not turn this into a discussion about one person, and get back to SK! smilie'
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1904 Posted: 16:20:20 05/12/2010
There's nothing much to say about 'Spyro's Kingdom' really? Other than the fact that it is fake.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1905 Posted: 16:21:21 05/12/2010
Yes, let's.

Spyro's Kingdom should be advertised as much as Activision's other games. More trailers, like characters trailers and interviews of the team who worked on the game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1906 Posted: 16:22:53 05/12/2010
We can discuss what we would like to see in the game, like the little thing NEW_SpyroLuva suggested.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1907 Posted: 17:10:45 05/12/2010
I said expect to see IF it's LOS, but yeah that's a fine idea.

About the idea posted earlier...

I like the thought of Cynder killing Spyro's parents as it's a reference back to when Cynder was in her best form and would force her to keep the well deserved guilt she should have had (at least in part) in DotD. It would aslo cool off the SxC relationship. However, I don't like the thought of the ENTIER game being centered on saving Cynder, nor am I too keen on her considering suicide; it's not right for a kid's game or Spyro game. If say Spyro was met by the new baddie who made some kind of hint to something terrible Cynder did to him, and he responded by telling Cynder not to follow him on his adventure, then that might be better. Cynder could show up throughout the game, descretely giving him help as he goes along though. Perhaps it could end with Spyro, Cynder and the baddie in some kind of spirit world, in which they find Spyro's parents' souls, which Cynder revives with her own power and life force.

Thoughts?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#1908 Posted: 17:31:08 05/12/2010
I should of typed that better:

The whole game would not be about that, it would be something that pops up at about the halfway point and is resolved within the next hour of gameplay. The reason I think it is good is because it would just be an interesting way of presenting SxC-Spyro hates her for a bit or something and eventually forgives her.

Well, LoS was supposed to be a dark reboot, and in Sonic 06, one character attempts suicide, so if it is OK in Sonic, it's OK in Spyro. Also, it just seems more realistic given her situation and her "rejoining the dark side" is just too obvious.

And I don't think Cynder needs to die. Not only does one, young dragon's life force reviving two adult dragon's life force not make much sense, Cynder's death would start a lot of flame wars. I know you don't like Cynder after ANb, but honestly, this is whatt will happen:

Haters: YES! WE DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT FRANCHISE RUINING ***** ANYMORE!
Fans/Moderate likers: Hey, she wasn't that bad, she brought more good than bad. And she brought co-op.
Haters: OH SHUT UP, YOU LITLLE *****! We have been putting up with Cynder for far too long!

And I think you know what happens next. Both fans and haters start to get aggresive. Basically, I just see tons of flame wars starting if she were to die. Also, she should stay around for co-op play and there could be other characters that help Spyro when she is not around, such as Ember or Flame.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1909 Posted: 17:36:45 05/12/2010
^ I like that idea. Spyro and Cynder's relationship just can't be perfect. no relationship can, especially theirs.
But they shouldn't go as far as killing Cynder. Usually, killing off a character doesn't go over too well with fans.
#1910 Posted: 17:53:42 05/12/2010
Yeah, and Cynder is the most popular Spyro character, other than Spyro himself. Personally, I think S and C could be soul mates, but that one situation I described could add some interesting drama!smilie
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1911 Posted: 18:09:10 05/12/2010
Haha, Spyro drama! smilie
Now that I think about it, you're right. Search for Spyro online, and you'll always get a picture including Cynder smilie
I agree. It's not like I hate the idea of SxC. I love the pairing, but I just think they could work on their relationship, and not make it so simple. I like the idea of Cynder killing Spyro's parents. That would add a really interesting twist. I like both yours and SpyroLUVA's ideas, they're really good.
I'm constantly wondering what's being planned for the next game, including what'll become of Spyro and Cynder's relationship. smilie
#1912 Posted: 18:14:28 05/12/2010
I am mainly concerned for gameplay, but after that, I am concerned with the universe and characters.
---
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#1913 Posted: 18:35:21 05/12/2010
I would LOVE it if Cynder killed Spyro's parents. I'm such a drama fan, and it would add some lovely character development and more witty remarks from Sparx.

It'd be interesting if Spyro learned of Cynder killing his parents, went Dark Spyro and fought her. I'd be cool to fight Cynder as a Dark Spyro, and it'd add more to the game play. But of course, Spyro stops before killing her or something like that.
#1914 Posted: 18:41:02 05/12/2010
My envisionment would be that Spyro strikes her once or twice, then she flees in tears. I'm getting all mushy just thinking of it!
---
#1915 Posted: 18:49:53 05/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I should of typed that better:

The whole game would not be about that, it would be something that pops up at about the halfway point and is resolved within the next hour of gameplay. The reason I think it is good is because it would just be an interesting way of presenting SxC-Spyro hates her for a bit or something and eventually forgives her.

Well, LoS was supposed to be a dark reboot, and in Sonic 06, one character attempts suicide, so if it is OK in Sonic, it's OK in Spyro. Also, it just seems more realistic given her situation and her "rejoining the dark side" is just too obvious.

And I don't think Cynder needs to die. Not only does one, young dragon's life force reviving two adult dragon's life force not make much sense, Cynder's death would start a lot of flame wars. I know you don't like Cynder after ANb, but honestly, this is whatt will happen:

Haters: YES! WE DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT FRANCHISE RUINING ***** ANYMORE!
Fans/Moderate likers: Hey, she wasn't that bad, she brought more good than bad. And she brought co-op.
Haters: OH SHUT UP, YOU LITLLE *****! We have been putting up with Cynder for far too long!

And I think you know what happens next. Both fans and haters start to get aggresive. Basically, I just see tons of flame wars starting if she were to die. Also, she should stay around for co-op play and there could be other characters that help Spyro when she is not around, such as Ember or Flame.

First off, you failed to represent the fantards; they're just as bad as haters.

Well, I think the revival of two adults by one young dragon could be explained by the power she retained after her corruption. Who knows? It could be all she needs.

As for suicide, I don't think it's okay in any kid's game, Sonic and Spyro included. Not to mention that the reboot is darker in tone but not really in story. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the ultimate evil guy tries to destroy everything bit is too completely unreal to feel like a real threat, and thus be considered truely dark. No, I think a villain who ONLY wants to inflict fear and pain (ie. through terrorism, torcher and sadism) is far more frightening than your typical overly powerful god of evil showing off his power with total destruction.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:52:05 05/12/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1916 Posted: 18:57:12 05/12/2010
Yeah, the idea of contemplating suicide in a Spyro game..... Way too emo, and not appropriate, regardless of how dark it is. Sonic attracts adult gamers too, Spyro does not anymore.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1917 Posted: 19:01:17 05/12/2010
Maybe I can't talk about it as I'm not a Sonic fan, but isn't Sonic still mainly directed at the kid/teen demographic? And if that is the case should the games not be geared more towards them with things appropriate for thier ages?
---
#1918 Posted: 19:03:48 05/12/2010
I think it is definitly darker in story. It's not the darkest game I have played, but it's definitly darker than previous Spyro's. And I agree with you on the villain thing, but Malefor wanted to destroy the world and create a new one which he rules, and it probably would of been pretty twisted.

And I still think Cynder should not die, unless she were somehow resurrected, but people would not like that, it would be too....miracalous. Also, Spyro's parents coming back to life is also a little miracalous.
---
#1919 Posted: 19:15:55 05/12/2010
Hmm, maybe. Miracles aren't too bad, I mean look at the end of DotD! Spyro fixed the WHOLE WORLD! And don't tell me plenty of people didn't die as the peices floated apart; I bet some did and they were probably saved.
---
#1920 Posted: 19:20:07 05/12/2010
I know, but come on, Spyro die? That can't happen! I don't think miracles are that bad, but I don't think Spyro parents coming back from the dead is a good idea, especially if it is at the expense of Cynder. I don't even think Spyro would want that!
---
#1921 Posted: 19:23:27 05/12/2010
Uhh, if he's choosing a dragoness who he hasn't known for very long at all and sacrificing the people WHO GAVE HIM LIFE Spyro is seriously effed up in his head!

Also, I wasn't saying Spyro should die. I was saying that perhaps the game shouldn't have ended with the breaking of Earth, or he could have stopped its breaking but not fixed it entirely.
---
#1922 Posted: 20:02:30 05/12/2010
We don't know when the next game will be set, it could be a few years after DotD.
And I don't see how that makes Spyro effed up. Sure, they gave him life, but he didn't know them at all! And Nina and Flash already done the parenting. So trading Cynder for them would be just like Spyro trading her life for new friends, just because they gave him birth. Spyro and Cynder have a lot in common, that's why they get along so well. I have friends who I have known for years, but my best friend, whom I have known for only 2 years, has more in common with me than my other friends, and is nicer to me than my other friends. How long you know someone doesn't determine how good a friend you are - it's the quality of the time spent. And Spyro and Cynder were great to each other. That's why they love each other.
---
#1923 Posted: 20:09:57 05/12/2010
I don't like any of the ideas mentioned, and Spyro and Cynder are definately not alike, lol.
#1924 Posted: 20:13:00 05/12/2010
Uh, no, I'd say the bond between child and parent is far greater than that of any other two people, unless one has comitted a horrible crime against the other. Trading someone you've known already (even if it is for a short while) for people who you share no blood or friendship with isnothing like letting a little-known friend sacrifice themself for your parents.

Also, what exactly do they have in common?
---
#1925 Posted: 20:14:16 05/12/2010
They both have clumsy personalities.
#1926 Posted: 20:14:48 05/12/2010
What do you mean?
---
#1927 Posted: 20:16:50 05/12/2010
The developers rushed the whole thing.
#1928 Posted: 20:28:13 05/12/2010
Ah.

But seriously, what am I missing? New Spyro is soft spoken and wishing to help. Cynder WAS soft spoken in TEN, but that was because she was feeling low and guilty after what she'd done, whereas Spyro is naturally quiet. Cynder was FORCED to help in DotD, given that they were chained together. However, I could see her wanting to help, but not because it's the right thing to do, which seems to drive Spyro, along with destiny, but because she has something to atone for.

Both are very powerful, but that's not about personality.

In DotD, Spyro seems quite somber, but Cynder, when noone speaks of her past, is not so somber.

So... What similarities do you see that I don't?
---
#1929 Posted: 20:31:19 05/12/2010
I actually don't see many similarities either..... The only thing I can really see is that they both save the world, for reasons stated above. TEN Cynder is quite well suited, but not DotD Cynder.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#1930 Posted: 20:31:47 05/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I'd say the bond between child and parent is far greater than that of any other two people.

Well, science dictates otherwise, while human nature makes a good bond between a couple also disagree.
---
Eh.
#1931 Posted: 20:40:24 05/12/2010
But Spyro doesn't know his parents. He knows Cynder more. By the looks of it, Spyro wants her to have HIS children. Why would he give all that up just to see his parents, who may be old and close to dying? The bond between parent and child is not always great. I know that from personal experience. I certainly wouldn't give up a friend just to meet dead parents(I don't have dead parents, but if I were in that situation). How do we know Spyro's parents are good? How do we know he will get along with them? How do we know they won't slow down his heroic endeavours?

They have lots in common:
Both can fight.
Both had their lives changed by Malefor.
Both never saw their parents.
Both love each other.
Both were controlled by darkness at some point.
Both can be cocky.

And hasn't Cynder had a hard enough life as it is? She lost her entire childhood, not just her parents. If either of them were to sacrifice themselves, Spyro should(but it should never come to that).
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1932 Posted: 20:46:06 05/12/2010
Not trying to be mean but,

THIS SOUNDS LIKE FANFICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1933 Posted: 20:46:51 05/12/2010
Back on topic, maybe?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#1934 Posted: 20:46:55 05/12/2010
I think the whole TLOS story is way too serious and stupid. Don't like the fact that Spyro is so quiet, such a GOONRO! He was way more better in the originals, and I also hate the fact that he is a special purple dragon and that he is the chosen one, it's just annoying.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:47:41 05/12/2010 by SuperSpyroFan
#1935 Posted: 20:48:03 05/12/2010
Hm. Guess you're right, sonicbrawler182 (Lol, I keep thinking you're Darby xD)
---
#1936 Posted: 20:48:36 05/12/2010
This is not a Tlos bashing topic. it's about SK. if you want to bash, go to one of the tlos hate topics.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#1937 Posted: 20:49:01 05/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
But Spyro doesn't know his parents. He knows Cynder more. By the looks of it, Spyro wants her to have HIS children. Why would he give all that up just to see his parents, who may be old and close to dying? The bond between parent and child is not always great. I know that from personal experience. I certainly wouldn't give up a friend just to meet dead parents(I don't have dead parents, but if I were in that situation). How do we know Spyro's parents are good? How do we know he will get along with them? How do we know they won't slow down his heroic endeavours?

They have lots in common:
Both can fight.
Both had their lives changed by Malefor.
Both never saw their parents.
Both love each other.
Both were controlled by darkness at some point.
Both can be cocky.

And hasn't Cynder had a hard enough life as it is? She lost her entire childhood, not just her parents. If either of them were to sacrifice themselves, Spyro should(but it should never come to that).

Spyro wants her to have his children? smilie What are you on?
#1938 Posted: 20:49:19 05/12/2010
Quote: BlackNight12
This is not a Tlos bashing topic. it's about SK. if you want to bash, go to one of the tlos hate topics.

Get stuffed.
#1939 Posted: 20:50:14 05/12/2010
What's your problem? and you double posted...
---
#1940 Posted: 20:53:04 05/12/2010
I don't care, lol.
#1941 Posted: 20:54:04 05/12/2010
Those are poor reasons. Would you love someone JUST because you could both, say, sing very well, suffered some tragedy, were orphans and had the odd moment of bravery or confidence? No? Me either. Also, loving eachother is not a good thing to list as a common quality, seeing as thier common qualities are slim in number.

LOADS of characters in LOS can fight, ALL had thier lives changed by Malefor in some way, PLENTY of people on their planet are orphans I'm sure, the way they were controlled was WAY different (Cynder was corrupt for I think over TEN YEARS! Spyro has so far suffered two attacks of short lived darkness), and PLENTY of people can be brave and confident.

Until we see ALOT more young male and female dragons who actually interact with Spyro and Cynder, I'll never beleive thier love is really there.
---
#1942 Posted: 20:56:02 05/12/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I don't care, lol.

look, I don't understand, maybe you should stop wasting your time here then.
---
#1943 Posted: 20:56:53 05/12/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Those are poor reasons. Would you love someone JUST because you could both, say, sing very well, suffered some tragedy, were orphans and had the odd moment of bravery or confidence? No? Me either. Also, loving eachother is not a good thing to list as a common quality, seeing as thier common qualities are slim in number.

LOADS of characters in LOS can fight, ALL had thier lives changed by Malefor in some way, PLENTY of people on their planet are orphans I'm sure, the way they were controlled was WAY different (Cynder was corrupt for I think over TEN YEARS! Spyro has so far suffered two attacks of short lived darkness), and PLENTY of people can be brave and confident.

Until we see ALOT more young male and female dragons who actually interact with Spyro and Cynder, I'll never beleive thier love is really there.

Yeah, I agree.
#1944 Posted: 20:57:19 05/12/2010
Quote: BlackNight12
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I don't care, lol.

look, I don't understand, maybe you should stop wasting your time here then.

I enjoy my time here, don't worry about that.
#1945 Posted: 20:57:55 05/12/2010
Hm, alright... whatever, then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:59 05/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#1946 Posted: 20:59:58 05/12/2010
I want someone to talk about Spyro rather than just moaning at me, or questioning me, lol.
#1947 Posted: 21:01:00 05/12/2010
Okay, but at least stay on topic. there ARE other topics if you want to hate on tlos.
---
#1948 Posted: 21:02:45 05/12/2010
I was just expressing me views with theirs.
#1949 Posted: 21:04:32 05/12/2010
Alright, but it was a little off-topic anyway which isn't neccesarily your fault, though.
---
#1950 Posted: 21:05:16 05/12/2010
You want to be on topic, get on topic. By berating him for being off topic you're being off topic.
---
First | Previous | Page 39 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me