First | Previous | Page 37 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1801 Posted: 20:41:34 03/12/2010
Quote: Gwenio
Quote: Spyroo
The Wii is a family console - It's played by all ages, not just young kids. Heck, all real hardcore gamers will have one and just not admit it.

To be honest, if Spyro wound up on PS3 using Move, I wouldn't buy it. Same with 360 and Kinect. I'm not gonna bother to pay extra for either add-on, when the Wii does that already. In the same way I'd never pay for Blu-ray, I'd never pay extra for a graphics-infused console. Capability means nothing to game companies.

There is not such thing as a family console, only family games. The only thing that can make a console more of a family console is what the max number of controllers it can have at once is.

That the WiiMote is the Wii's primary controller the reason I personally do not like it. That the hardware that will have to last for its life time is sub-par is why I consider it a poor choice as a console. Buying a lesser console as it is cheaper is like buying a product with a higher unit price because the amount you pay is cheaper.

-----

I will state again that PS2 is better for audiance, it still has almost as many sales than all the current consoles combined and about twice as many as the Wii. And the lifespan of this generation of consoles is about half over.

TheWii has more family games and is therefore regarded as a family console, and that being the case many families have it.

Also, yes, the PS2 is dead (sadly smilie).
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1802 Posted: 20:46:57 03/12/2010
I love the PS2! ;-;
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1803 Posted: 20:49:39 03/12/2010
But it had the best run of any console. Fact. Even if someone doesn't like the PS2, they still can't deny that it is the PS2 that is technically "the best" console ever.

Aye, she'll be remembered.... that she will. (I still play mine sometimes!)
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1804 Posted: 20:51:13 03/12/2010
NEVER FORGET!
---
#1805 Posted: 20:51:45 03/12/2010
I will always use that system. gives me memories of playing ETD with my brother. ;-;
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:05 03/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#1806 Posted: 20:53:17 03/12/2010
What's the worst console if PS2's the best?

GC?
---
#1807 Posted: 20:54:09 03/12/2010
sega, maybe? or atari.
---
#1808 Posted: 21:01:51 03/12/2010
DEFINITLY not the Sega consoles or Gamecube. Atari? Possibly.
---
#1809 Posted: 21:26:20 03/12/2010
But wasn't atari the first home console? Without it, we'd have no consoles at all.
---
#1810 Posted: 21:30:47 03/12/2010
Or, we would of just had to wait a bit longer for the first home console. :3

Oh, and on the PS2 thing, check out this awesome news:http://www.gamesradar.com/ps2/...331143728168090

Next, we need a HDTV with a built-in High Speed Subway oven!smilie
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#1811 Posted: 21:51:31 03/12/2010
Well yes nintendo is a cheap and family oriented console, i mean honestly people who say graphics dont matter in a console well hehe thats funny its like saying quality in a certain product doesnt matter, yeah it does game companies always want to out do others in something and forsure graphics is one thing why do you think companies always come out with better consoles and better TV's as well as the demand in great video game artists its because they want people and products to be capable of such artwork, a game is one big art work form, and when i see a game with beautiful graphics and colors i admire the game artists behind that game, which is why GT5 is one of the most leading games that sells well in the racing world, regardless you ask someone who is sane in racing games they will tell you GT5 is the best because the amount of detail the game has is amazing. So yeah grapihcs dont matter sure, but the games i like on the wii to play is SSMB and hmm mario galaxy and thats it really, for me if the game doesnt have online play and its only a point A to point B game then it gets boring easily because now what? Im done and what can i do? play it again all over? The console industry has improved over the years so all it can do is get bigger and better, but i will say this i like the whole concept of going back to your roots and making them better, like many movies now, are graphically amazing and yet have that sense of going back to its roots in a sense. So everything has to get better and knows this why else would they all of a sudden come out with the hardcore games this year at E3.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#1812 Posted: 21:59:16 03/12/2010
While I would not say graphics are THE most important thing, they certainly are quite important. I mean, if you see a game that you never even heard of and decide to look at the back of the box, the only things you can use to judge the game are the writing and the screenshots that show off the graphics. Also, they create atmosphere, rather than making your game simply feel like "just a game of pixels and polygons".
---
#1813 Posted: 22:17:29 03/12/2010
Yeah because thats how i got a couple of my first games that I still play today, especially thats how i got hooked on spyro, from looking at the box art.
---
#1814 Posted: 22:22:24 03/12/2010
Well, graphics that are good are a part of how to sell games but, what really sells a game is making sure that it's fun.

It's like a cake and the graphics are icing on top. ya know what I mean?
---
#1815 Posted: 22:26:03 03/12/2010
On a personal level, I agree, the gameplay makes it. But what sells the game differs on the game. Sometimes it's gameplay, sometimes it's graphics, sometimes it's because of a big brand name, sometimes it's because of big marketing campaigns and sometimes it's because of major hype.
---
#1816 Posted: 22:27:25 03/12/2010
Hm, I get ya. I guess your right...
---
#1817 Posted: 23:10:38 03/12/2010
Yeah it mostly depends on both ends and too be honest two years or more to make a game should be enough to focus on both really.
---
#1818 Posted: 23:13:05 03/12/2010
it should be, but you never know what activision is doing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:28 03/12/2010 by BlackNight12
#1819 Posted: 23:25:13 03/12/2010
Wiping their ***** with money, that's what they're doing!smilie
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1820 Posted: 23:34:07 03/12/2010
Quote:
i mean honestly people who say graphics dont matter in a console well hehe thats funny its like saying quality in a certain product doesnt matter

Quality of graphics don't really determine the quality of a game, if that's what you're implying. Look at Pokemon and MegaMan for example. They're notorious ( especially MegaMan), for not utilizing the full graphical capabilities of the systems they're on ( example: Pokemon still uses sprites when 'technically', they should be using 3D models, whereas MegaMan tends to have last-gen graphics, examples being StarForce and ZX, which are DS games with GBA graphics, only utilizing a fraction of the DS' capabilities for battles and cutscenes, respectively), and yet they're still quality games. Yes, people can argue that they never change anything and blah blah but that doesn't mean the quality is poor. The games are solid regardless of their graphical short-comings and supposed lack of innovation ( Digimon is an inspirational to us all for removing what works for the sake of being different each game). Plus, the artwork is very nice.

Now, if this were a movie, I'd almost agree, but effects aren't everything, and certainly don't make a movie good ( like Avatar; wonderful effects, but that didn't make it a good movie, at least in my book). Heck, I prefer the old Star Wars movies over the new ones any day because I like their storylines more, despite the effects of the new ones being superior.

However, I do agree that box art is important. The art for the old Phantasy Star games seriously scared the living daylights out of me and doesn't entice me to ever want to play the games, but sometimes box art isn't everything, either... I've seen very tacky/stupid/horrid box art, but the movie/game in question is great, like Star Wars: A New Hope ( the old box art honestly was stupid to me).

Oh, and looking at the back of the box for a game to see its graphics... I'm seriously ticked off that the box for the PlayStation 2 DotD box doesn't have screenshots of the PS2 version, the one I looked at and bought. I'm pretty sure those are either the Wii or the PS3/Xbox 360 versions, as they sure as heck ain't the PS2 version. That's wrong, in my opinion.

...I'm out of rant mode now. smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1821 Posted: 23:39:59 03/12/2010
The Wii is a family console - It's played by all ages, not just young kids. Heck, all real hardcore gamers will have one and just not admit it.

To be honest, if Spyro wound up on PS3 using Move, I wouldn't buy it. Same with 360 and Kinect. I'm not gonna bother to pay extra for either add-on, when the Wii does that already. In the same way I'd never pay for Blu-ray, I'd never pay extra for a graphics-infused console. Capability means nothing to game companies.

There is not such thing as a family console, only family games. The only thing that can make a console more of a family console is what the max number of controllers it can have at once is.

That the WiiMote is the Wii's primary controller the reason I personally do not like it. That the hardware that will have to last for its life time is sub-par is why I consider it a poor choice as a console. Buying a lesser console as it is cheaper is like buying a product with a higher unit price because the amount you pay is cheaper.

-----

I will state again that PS2 is better for audiance, it still has almost as many sales than all the current consoles combined and about twice as many as the Wii. And the lifespan of this generation of consoles is about half over.

Well, Nintendo refer to it as a family console. A console suitable even for the oldest people on this planet.

Also, on the cheaper note - Not everyone is as lucky as others. Some people can only afford the cheaper option.

And PS2 is dying. They hardly make any games for it anymore, and no matter what Sony says, it isn't really first choice for companies anymore. Heck, my local videogame store doesn't even stock new PS2 games anymore.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1822 Posted: 23:42:50 03/12/2010
^Agreed.
#1823 Posted: 23:50:17 03/12/2010
@IsisStormDragon: I think I agree with you, although I like to think of sprite based stuff as an art style, as I like the look!

And yeah, the Xbox 360 version of DotD shows Wii screenshots, I believe. If it's not that, then it's PS2 screenshots.
---
#1824 Posted: 23:54:40 03/12/2010

-----

Well, Nintendo refer to it as a family console. A console suitable even for the oldest people on this planet.

Also, on the cheaper note - Not everyone is as lucky as others. Some people can only afford the cheaper option.

And PS2 is dying. They hardly make any games for it anymore, and no matter what Sony says, it isn't really first choice for companies anymore. Heck, my local videogame store doesn't even stock new PS2 games anymore.

Exactly!
---
#1825 Posted: 23:55:48 03/12/2010
I actually LOVE sprites, but according to some people, 3D is the way to go, and Pokemon is foolish for not taking advantage of it. smilie Same goes for MegaMan...

As for the screenshots thing... They're too crisp and detailed than the graphics in the actual game, as far as the PS2 is concerned. Can't comment on other system versions, though. That's aggravating, honestly. Is it so difficult to take screenshots of the respective version? Granted, I didn't expect the PS2 version to have graphics that good, but someone was bound to think so...
#1826 Posted: 00:06:40 04/12/2010
I love sprites too! While I can't say much for Megaman(don't really play it), I personally, would LOVE a 3D Pokemon game on Wii, for gameplay reasons. Imagine if during exploration you could hop on a Pokemon's back and do some platforming sections, puzzles, etc. It would be great!

It's not the first time I've seen it. The Wii version of Sonic Unleashed has at least one screenshot of the PS2 version on the back of the box. Although, I must admit, from looking at YouTube videos, the Wii/PS2 version of DotD has great graphics (considering the respective consoles). This video showcases them well. (It's the Wii version):
---
#1827 Posted: 00:51:13 04/12/2010
A 3D console Pokemon game like that would be awesome. smilie But for the handhelds...stick with sprites, GameFREAK.

The PS2 version had very good graphics, IMO. And the Wii version is certainly impressive.
#1828 Posted: 00:52:33 04/12/2010
You should see the next gen version! I have it on Xbox 360, it is.... AMAZING!
---
#1829 Posted: 00:56:41 04/12/2010
Yeah, I've always loved Pokemon for sticking to sprites. I actually enjoy sprite based games on handhelds more than 3D games, for some reason. smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1830 Posted: 01:02:10 04/12/2010
I can be the same, although I think a mix is cool too! (Sonic Battle comes to mind.....)
---
#1831 Posted: 01:05:47 04/12/2010
Sonic Battle was cool-looking. smilie

And as for Pokemon... GameFREAK can make the towns and what-not as 3D as they want...but the Pokemon themselves must remain sprites. D:<

3D games on hand-helds aren't bad ( Phantasy Star and Kingdom Hearts come to mind, as well as The Legend of Zelda), but yeah. I prefer sprite-based hand-held games.
#1832 Posted: 01:10:56 04/12/2010
It's one of my favourite Sonic games!smilie

They should remain sprites on the handhelds, but GameFREAK.... can we have properly animated sprite battles, pleeeeease?

I don't have a preference for the graphics on handheld, I just want a good game.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#1833 Posted: 01:12:26 04/12/2010
No. Pokemon looks horrible in 3-D. D: The only acceptable style of 3-D for Pokemon for me will always be HGSS, and the old nostalgic ones like Snap. smilie That includes the current-gen console games(Though older 3-D ones were AWESOME!).

Sprite-based hand-held games is... kind of a tongue twister... smilie
Super Mario 64 DS was quite a good non-sprite DS game. smilie

If they do make this just for the regular DS instead of the 3D one, I would suggest that they could try something similar to Tetris DS, Mario & Luigi or TEN: GBA, maybe even the newest Pokemon Ranger. If it is for the 3DS, though, they should probably take advantage of it and make the style of SHADING similar to DoTD- but make the character models and that different.
#1834 Posted: 01:14:49 04/12/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Sonic Battle was cool-looking. smilie

And as for Pokemon... GameFREAK can make the towns and what-not as 3D as they want...but the Pokemon themselves must remain sprites. D:<

3D games on hand-helds aren't bad ( Phantasy Star and Kingdom Hearts come to mind, as well as The Legend of Zelda), but yeah. I prefer sprite-based hand-held games.

Yep, that's exactly how I feel on everything smilie
---
#1835 Posted: 01:41:34 04/12/2010
Geez, 3D now?

If you can see it without it being fuzzy or washed out with full, bright colors and enough detail to see what you need/want to see, what more do you need graphics wise? So you can't se every leaf on the tree, or the fine detail on the character's shirt, so what? Do you really NEED to be able to see everything in THE BEST possible quality? Were you not perfectly content with standard definition before HD became the big thing?
And what do you REALLY gain in the long run? A few hours a day of good looking images on a lit screen, that's all. To me, it doesn't seem like a very good deal if that's all I'm really getting for all that money.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#1836 Posted: 03:00:38 04/12/2010
To bad many people (both developers and consumers) fail to see the TRUE purpose of a powerful GPU: it is not to draw shiny, super detailed graphics but rather to be harnessed for additional processing power... thus providing the extra power needed to have thousands of things happen at once. This mean really big, dynamic(things can change even when the player is not present, which can open up new possiblities for games) levels.
Sjmaster Blue Sparx Gems: 579
#1837 Posted: 03:37:27 04/12/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I love sprites too! While I can't say much for Megaman(don't really play it), I personally, would LOVE a 3D Pokemon game on Wii, for gameplay reasons. Imagine if during exploration you could hop on a Pokemon's back and do some platforming sections, puzzles, etc. It would be great!

Maybe, but then 80% of the fanbase would go crazy and hate it.
#1838 Posted: 06:36:41 04/12/2010
Well i like pokemon as sprites on the hand held versions now whether or not they should turn it 3D umm im not sure on that, but again im talking about the whole graphics thing because im into the gaming industry and want to pursue it as a career, but what i meant before in quality well presentation is everything and graphics hello its a gaming console graphics especially in this century where the technology has improved since the PS2 and old Xbox days is supposed to be set at a standard, now that video if thats what all the Wii games looked like then yeah it would be worth the 150bucks to get a wii but also what i have said before the games for the Wii need replay value like if i finish the game i want to be able to do something when i beat it like being able to beat my friends at something, the other thing i'd like to see from the Wii is better online play more people being able to play online, i mean really dont tell me anyone here doesnt like to play with your friends whenever you want, i mean for me its hard to play with my friends to come over and play because of the fact we have our lives, college and what not and cant always get to eachothers house alot so online play is very important to many people, abd im eager to see how many units the Xbox 360 kinect has sold because at our store we've been out every truck shipment.

But enough of my rant the fact is a new spyro game is coming out, im done i dont want to make enemies, I respect everyones thoughts but i will say this at least spyro made the cut compared to crash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:41:17 04/12/2010 by S240sx24
#1839 Posted: 11:57:16 04/12/2010
To bad many people (both developers and consumers) fail to see the TRUE purpose of a powerful GPU: it is not to draw shiny, super detailed graphics but rather to be harnessed for additional processing power... thus providing the extra power needed to have thousands of things happen at once. This mean really big, dynamic(things can change even when the player is not present, which can open up new possiblities for games) levels.

YES. Less graphics, more power. That's why I think Nintendo are so successful - They focus more on gameplay and less on graphics.
---
#1840 Posted: 12:34:04 04/12/2010
Well, on PS3, you can have great graphics AND great gameplay. Just look at FFXIII!

However, I'm firmly stuck with the mindset that gameplay is THE most important thing, from a personal point of view. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 has great character models, but I've seen better looking environments on Wii. Does it bother me? Not at all. Why? Because the gameplay is just awesome!

Back to SK, I think they should maybe do a bit of marketing:

-Have Mm make a Spyro themed LBP(or LBP2) DLC pack.
-MORE VIDEO INTERVIEWS!smilie (I love watching video interviews with game developers!)
-Some Spyro merchandise(Particularly LoS themed, as we have never got any, as far as I know).
-A good TV ad campaign.
---
#1841 Posted: 16:57:54 04/12/2010
Eh, I think the Wii has great graphics, as does the PS3. :3
But I agree with ya overall!

- Not too interested in DLC, but fair enough.
- Depends on who the interview is with.... I loved the Insomniac interviews, you could really see their passion with videogames. Mike/Chris..... No. I'd like to see interviews with people like the guys at Insomniac, so to speak.
- YES. I believe LoS got a small amount of merch (T-shirt & PE Kit bag w/logo, set of Spyro toys w/Wendys in the US, and a Spyro/Cynder pencil case in the UK). I do miss Spyro plush/soft toys in the crane machines! And a Cynder toy would be nice, regardless of what version.
- Yes, agreed.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9338
#1842 Posted: 17:47:08 04/12/2010
I personally just don't like the Wii, because there are no games that I like which are on there, and I don't like how the controls work, it would just annoy me if they made a really cool Spyro game and just put it on the Wii, that would be annoying for me, I would have to buy that console for one game? Seriously? LOL
#1843 Posted: 17:56:34 04/12/2010
-DLC for the actual game (if it makes it to PS3/360) would also be good.
-I just want interviews with the people who actually develop the game. They give you good insight into the games develeopment.
-I HAVE to look up some TLoS merchandise! I never seen any in Ireland!
---
#1844 Posted: 18:06:09 04/12/2010
I like listening to interviews, just as long as the people being interviewed really sound enthusiastic, and you can see how strongly they feel about the game. When I feel that from someone, I can really appreciate a game much more.

And yeah, LoS merch is very rare - The only thing I have is the pencil case (it came free with a UK magazine, can't remember which one though)!
---
#1845 Posted: 18:55:52 04/12/2010
I just want to find out about the tech side of things!smilie
---
#1846 Posted: 18:59:22 04/12/2010
I...want...new... info!

Oh yea, I'm sure everyone already knew this but the clock on crashmania was just for an update on the site.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:48 04/12/2010 by BlackNight12
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1847 Posted: 19:08:39 04/12/2010
I'm pretty sure that the new info is going to wait until next year.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#1848 Posted: 19:10:29 04/12/2010
Yup, thats what I think too. not until either january or spring I think.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#1849 Posted: 19:38:06 04/12/2010
I'm with you, I want some new info too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#1850 Posted: 20:22:30 04/12/2010
I was thinking January time too.
---
First | Previous | Page 37 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me