First | Previous | Page 34 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1651 Posted: 22:33:22 28/11/2010
About possible Wii2 exclusive: What minredd said.

Whatever Activision does, I'd bet it makes the forums explode in fire.

If they go back to the old: fans of the new will complain, fans of old will defend and arguments begin.

If they stick with the new: same old same old, but worsened since there'll be one more game to dislike.

If it's all new: both sides complain, and the new fans defend.

If it's a mix: people argue about what should/shouldn't have been included and how much influence came from each era.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1652 Posted: 22:34:14 28/11/2010
^Yep, that's pretty much about right :/
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1653 Posted: 22:36:08 28/11/2010
Well, it does kind of depend also on whether or not it's genuinly good. Even if it is LoS, some old fans may like it and vice versa. Most fans will buy it because it has Spyro on the box.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1654 Posted: 22:40:39 28/11/2010
Yeah, but there will always be people who don't like it and nit-pick and post thier dislikes and people who like it a bit too feircely who respond with opposing opinions and thus we get a fight. And YES! I DO realize I am one such person who will do those things, but I'm trying not to think of Spyro that critically anymore. It was only the one game that I really criticised but still.
---
#1655 Posted: 22:51:27 28/11/2010
Oh, trust me, I know all too well about different people have different opinions. But genuine, universal quality is also a factor.

For example, Sonic 06 is a genuinly bad game, but there are a few people who like it. Here's why it's bad. There are actually a couple of fun glitches in the game, but the bad outweighs the good:
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#1656 Posted: 00:25:28 29/11/2010
I want to get sonic 06
Cuz i iz a silver fangirl smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#1657 Posted: 02:46:24 29/11/2010
All they need to do is keep the story of LOS going, gameplay im fine either way with. As long as that story stay intact im fine with it, it made it more playable time after time. And i agree people are always gonna find a way to complain
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#1658 Posted: 06:38:51 29/11/2010
Well the Wii2 has been in the works for a while, since to be honest nintendo has been hit pretty good on the fact that, (again i know i hit this topic before but the hardware on the wii isnt all that great.) Think about it the wii was awesome because of the motion controls now that sony and microsoft made their versions of the wii, now what does nintendo have over the other systems? Nothing really, I read nintendos Wii2 is gonna have a blu ray player with Full 1080 HD and better online capability, but whats interesting is that nintendo has something that is gonna be way different that anything ever seen but they are keeping it srictly underwraps because of fear that sony and microsoft might copy that with their next gen consoles. So i dont think activision might lose out on much especially if the Wii2 is like how the Ipad sells well. I dont think it'll be much of an issue, but i did read the Wii2 ought to be backwards compatible meaning you'll be able to play regular wii games on the Wii2.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#1659 Posted: 07:11:24 29/11/2010
Edited message: prior message deleted
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:00:43 29/11/2010 by SpyroPurple
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1660 Posted: 07:43:28 29/11/2010
We found that out a week ago, SpyroPurple...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1661 Posted: 07:59:49 29/11/2010
ooooh, my bad...
---
#1662 Posted: 08:58:24 29/11/2010
its alright spyropurple.
---
#1663 Posted: 09:28:42 29/11/2010
If people still think the Wii 2 is coming in 2011, read this:
http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/...308165433320026
---
#1664 Posted: 17:09:19 29/11/2010
Quote: SpyroPurple
All they need to do is keep the story of LOS going, gameplay im fine either way with. As long as that story stay intact im fine with it, it made it more playable time after time. And i agree people are always gonna find a way to complain

About the story giving replay value, that only worked for me BEFORE DotD came out. Once I knew the end I just figured what's the big deal now? I would however like a good story driving the whole thing. But what can they do with LOS? The world was coming together at the end so we could assume that it came into one again and everyone rebuilt and lived happily ever after. Thus it's not necessarily essential for them to show the planets broken state to give any closure. Also, what can you do after ultimate evil?
---
#1665 Posted: 17:26:26 29/11/2010
I'd honestly like to see a rest from LoS, it wasn't the best idea for Spyro, and I really feel they would do better going back to the classic style. But of course, that's just my opinion.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1666 Posted: 18:53:35 29/11/2010
They could do anything with LoS. They said themselves that they "only scratched the surface" of it's universe, and of Spyro as a character.
---
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#1667 Posted: 20:07:16 29/11/2010
One thing when people were talking about the Wii 2--I'm kinda mad that Sony and Microsoft just took Nintendo's ideas. It really burns me, especially the "playstation move."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1668 Posted: 21:49:54 29/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
They could do anything with LoS. They said themselves that they "only scratched the surface" of it's universe, and of Spyro as a character.

Yeah. They seem to have plenty of possibilities, even if we don't see them. So we might just be surprised.
#1669 Posted: 22:06:20 29/11/2010
I jsut hope it's good, good enough to sell well enough to be kept.

I wish I didn't care as much as I do about Spyro; it'd spare me some anxiety(sp?).
We have good reason to be anxious though. This next game is almost guaranteed to be the make or break of the Spyro franchise. Not only will it determine how the games are in terms of tone, gameplay, Etc. it will decide whether Spyro continues at all or not.
---
#1670 Posted: 22:13:04 29/11/2010
Quote: minredd
One thing when people were talking about the Wii 2--I'm kinda mad that Sony and Microsoft just took Nintendo's ideas. It really burns me, especially the "playstation move."

Yeah, I'm pretty darn irritated about that too. Which is why I'd never buy them, and I also lost a bit of respect for them (Er, well, not that I had any for Microsoft anyway in the first place).

And NEW_SpyroLUVA, I know what you mean. I just get a bad feeling if they continue LoS many people might be disappointed.
---
#1671 Posted: 22:14:19 29/11/2010
Old, LOS or new,
I
Just
Want
It
To
Be
GOOD!!!!
---
#1672 Posted: 22:17:12 29/11/2010
Lol smilie
Totally agree though. For me, an LoS needs to be less SxC, more Sparx, and more fun and challenging smilie
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1673 Posted: 22:18:23 29/11/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I jsut hope it's good, good enough to sell well enough to be kept.

I wish I didn't care as much as I do about Spyro; it'd spare me some anxiety(sp?).
We have good reason to be anxious though. This next game is almost guaranteed to be the make or break of the Spyro franchise. Not only will it determine how the games are in terms of tone, gameplay, Etc. it will decide whether Spyro continues at all or not.

I completely agree there. I want them to take all the time they need to make it decent enough to continue the series, preferably way more than decent. I want it to pleasantly surprise us and be really really good
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#1674 Posted: 03:18:38 30/11/2010
So, what did I miss?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1675 Posted: 05:29:56 30/11/2010
Quote: minredd

I agree. Nintendo thought of all the ideas, but then all the other company just snatches the ideas and makes it better. They should think of their own ideas. >.<

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Microsoft make a hand held 3D consul next.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#1676 Posted: 08:34:33 30/11/2010
Well remember you guys sony already had the six axxis controller already on the PS3 with partial motion control so it was just based on some connections on the eye camera and software updates. But im glad sony and Xbox have their own versions of the Wii because like many have said eventually everything is copied but only improved, microsofts and sony's case improved motion controls and graphics. So again everything gets copied and then improved guys thats how everything in life works you cant do nothing about it. Because trust me it sucks to have a Nice HD TV, and cant fully use it because of no HD capability on the hardware, nor the ability to play DVD's or any software content on it other then a SD card I think, so it gives variety and dont say im a nintendo hater because i own a super nintendo which was my first console and GBA advance & a DS lite, but now i wanna play online with friends and have stunning details while being able to play them with some motion controls so sony and microsoft deliver, now the thing with nintendo, i dont agree with that they are not gonna release the Wii2 until maybe 3 years from now? wow well all i can say is its gonna be a long 3 years for nintendo. I like the titles nintendo releases with their console but what i dont like most of all is the fact that once you beat the game your done. Thats it, unless you play with friends which isnt really all the time, so it doesnt really add value to your games really. And the whole thing with nintendo making the 3DS well remember sony was the first one to make 3D technology examples, the Tv's and sonys new camera the TX9 which has a 3D panorama sweep technology, so if sony came out with a 3D handheld console then so what? Sony literally came out with it first, its just nintendo made it better with the fact that you dont need glasses thats all. So when it comes to competition it happens not only in gaming but in everything else too, its the same with the Iphone and Android wars, apple came out with the app idea first but android made it better with more apps a better variety of phone companys, So it happens i hate the idea of spyro going to a console that aint sony for the first time but hey what can ya do, just hope the next game they release come out in ps3 now that the move and kinect have come out.

So im just giving my opinion on this whole who stole what from who idea, im not meaning to start a flame war over this, i really do hope the next spyro game is worth all the wait for your guys sake and my sake as well other wise spyro is done for.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:40:39 30/11/2010 by S240sx24
#1677 Posted: 09:35:00 30/11/2010
Why is everyone saying Kinect and Move are "copying" the Wii? It was only a matter of time before Sony and Microsoft get on the casual bandwagon. I've played Kinect and it has many unique features that the Wii does not. Tell me this, if a Wii 2 is released(which you won't see until 2012 at the earliest), and it provides HD graphics like the Xbox 360 and PS3, will you all say that Nintendo are "copying" Microsoft and Sony?

Saying that Kinect and Move are copying Nintendo is just because they are motion control devices is like saying Spyro is copying Mario just because it's a platformer. It's also like saying Nintendo is copying Sony by bringing 3D in.

Nobody is copying anyone, there is a little something called "setting a standard".
---
#1678 Posted: 09:59:28 30/11/2010
But Sony and Microsoft only started doing all the general stuff right after the Wii came out. Too much to be a coincidence IMO.
---
#1679 Posted: 10:13:15 30/11/2010
As I said, Nintendo have created the standard for having motion control in gaming. It is no coincidence. Sony and Microsoft DID look at Nintendo's strategy and saw how well it worked. That's why they decided to see if they could get some sales out of the casual market. They already have tons of hardcore gamers in their market, so why not expand their market to casual gamers?

The exact opposite happened with Nintendo. The Wii is the best selling home console of this generation, but only because of the casual market. Hardcore gamers often made fun of the Wii rather than actually buying it. Then, when Sony and Microsoft unveiled their new motion control technology, Nintendo revealed a lot of hardcore games, like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda: Skyward sword, Metroid: Other M, and tons more.

All three companies are trying to make money off of both casual and hardcore gamers and they are going the right way about doing it.

BTW, what do you mean by:
"Sony and Microsoft only started doing all the general stuff right after the Wii came out."
---
#1680 Posted: 10:23:24 30/11/2010
All companies copy other companies, it's a fact. Yes, they did copy Nintendo after seeing how well the Wii sold - End of.

S240sx24 - Tl;dr, sorry. But so far, the Wii is selling the best out of all the consoles, so.....

Now let's get back on topic. Spyro's new game.
---
Sjmaster Blue Sparx Gems: 579
#1681 Posted: 16:26:31 30/11/2010
I'm pretty sure Sony came up with motion control idea first since the move wa soriginslly gonna be used for the PS2. And technically Microsoft copied Sony's Playstation eye to create the Kinnect.
#1682 Posted: 17:58:58 30/11/2010
Yeah nintendo was the first who came out with motion gaming. Sony and xbox just made it better, tell me so if Samsung copied Sony because they do 3d tvs too?

Anyways the Wii is being sold more because of the price, obviously if it was The same price of the 4gb xbox kinect then well the wii would be well behind. But I'm seeing xboxs kinect is being sold a lot and we as best buy are selling out of those bundles so we'll see what consoles sell more.

Anyways I di agree whatever game this new spyro game is going to head direction wise unless its awesome we'll be unhappy
---
#1683 Posted: 20:43:07 30/11/2010
About what they can do about the LOS universe, look guys i agree with the whole theory theres alot let to be said for it. Cuz really, we hear all these stories about destiny and about how heros die in the end for the ones they love...but thats soo cliche that it leaves behind a shockwave of idea. For what if the hero survives? What is left for him to do in that world/ife? that in and of itself could be the idea. What occurs when the hero must no longer always be on gaurd...not always have to fear?
---
Omikron Dragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2227
#1684 Posted: 20:50:15 30/11/2010
^ yeah good point.
---
"Life is one long process of getting tired."- Samuel Butler
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#1685 Posted: 20:55:54 30/11/2010
What if the hero goes nuts with PTS and ends up unintentionally hurting himself or others?

Also, on all the motion control--I'm kind of against all of it. Give me some dang buttons and I'll play.
#1686 Posted: 21:21:17 30/11/2010
Quote: SpyroPurple
About what they can do about the LOS universe, look guys i agree with the whole theory theres alot let to be said for it. Cuz really, we hear all these stories about destiny and about how heros die in the end for the ones they love...but thats soo cliche that it leaves behind a shockwave of idea. For what if the hero survives? What is left for him to do in that world/ife? that in and of itself could be the idea. What occurs when the hero must no longer always be on gaurd...not always have to fear?

I see your point, but I don't think that'd work too well for an action adventure game. If the hero need not be fighting, wht's there for a game's antagonist to do?
Good fan fiction material though.

Also, what's PTS?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:22:19 30/11/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#1687 Posted: 21:23:13 30/11/2010
Yeah lol minredd i agree, motion is cool if you wanna work out without leaving your house but to play games well give me a controller and i'll show how its done hahaha
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9338
#1688 Posted: 21:24:42 30/11/2010
In my opinion, I don't really like motion control or Wii, stuff like that annoys me, I just want to sit down and relax, and just play with a decent controller.
#1689 Posted: 21:30:51 30/11/2010
well perhaps they could keep the story but bring him back to a classic meets indy jones/tomb raider puzzle element? And pts is post-traumatic stress.
---
#1690 Posted: 21:33:32 30/11/2010
I don't know what Spyro should be like in the next game to be honest, he can't really go back to his original roots, because that wouldn't be anything special for a brand new video game, TLOS in my opinion, isn't all that great, so I wouldn't want anything like that again.
#1691 Posted: 21:41:20 30/11/2010
I think they should expand on the LoS formula, and do what AHT did for Classic Spyro.
---
#1692 Posted: 21:45:59 30/11/2010
I think they should expand on the LoS formula, and do what AHT did for Classic Spyro.

What do you mean by "Expand"?

And what did AHT do for Classic Spyro?
#1693 Posted: 22:02:09 30/11/2010
Quite simple:

Add more to it. More moves. More playable characters. More customization. Bigger and longer game. More to do post-final boss. Some cool unlockables. The possibilities are endless with LoS!

AHT added a lot to the Classic Spyro formula. New moves, RPG elements, new characters, huge world. It may not of sold fantasticly, but it done a lot in terms of gameplay.
---
#1694 Posted: 22:07:24 30/11/2010
Quite simple:

Add more to it. More moves. More playable characters. More customization. Bigger and longer game. More to do post-final boss. Some cool unlockables. The possibilities are endless with LoS!

AHT added a lot to the Classic Spyro formula. New moves, RPG elements, new characters, huge world. It may not of sold fantasticly, but it done a lot in terms of gameplay.

With TLOS, having more moves doesn't excite me, just sounds like a gimmick, playable characters, meh, same thing, just a gimmick. Customization? Depends on what you're on about there. Bigger and longer, how could they drag it out when it felt like a Lord of the Rings rip off to me, maybe the boss levels should make you do certain things to beat them, unlockables sounds like another gimmick.

I don't remember any new moves being added to the Classic Spyro formula really. RPG? Forgotten what that means so I must be dumb. New characters doesn't bother me, the worlds felt the same as Classic Spyro, gameplay felt the same.

I'm not having ago at you or anything, I'm just telling you that's how I think.
#1695 Posted: 22:13:40 30/11/2010
All I want in the TLOS is quite simple. Get rid of most of the combat, make it to at least 3 apes attacking you five seconds, not about 20 apes getting thrown at you every time you take a step. And I want the characters to be able to have fun, especially Spyro, who's personality is just like a brick wall at the moment. And I want more original characters to return without a personality change. Oh, and change the crappy opera music to epic music like what Spyro 1/2/3/4 had.

Quote: Spyroo
All companies copy other companies, it's a fact. Yes, they did copy Nintendo after seeing how well the Wii sold - End of.

S240sx24 - Tl;dr, sorry. But so far, the Wii is selling the best out of all the consoles, so.....

That's why I like Nintendo best. They're the one that thinks of all the good ideas, like the Wii and 3DS. The others just copy, and have their graphics and HD for back up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:25 30/11/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#1696 Posted: 22:19:47 30/11/2010
In regards to LoS, they should also try brand new things. And by bigger and longer, I meant bigger, open world, rather than
chapter by chapter. This would lend itself well to the flying. And make it a longer game, with at least 20 hours until the final boss.

The new moves were the double jump, ledge grab, wall jump, pole swing and the elemental bombs. RPG elements means giving a sense of growth in your characters abilities. In AHT, you got new moves as you went along, and had to make stops in the shop to get lockpicks and bombs.

And....dare I say it....but wouldn't a Spyro level creator(both Classic and LoS) be just awesome!?smilie
---
#1697 Posted: 22:20:26 30/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
All I want in the TLOS is quite simple. Get rid of most of the combat, make it to at least 3 apes attacking you five seconds, not about 20 apes getting thrown at you every time you take a step. And I want the characters to be able to have fun, especially Spyro, who's personality is just like a brick wall at the moment. And I want more original characters to return without a personality change. Oh, and change the crappy opera music to epic music like what Spyro 1/2/3/4 had.

Quote: Spyroo

That's why I like Nintendo best. They're the one that thinks of all the good ideas, like the Wii and 3DS. The others just copy, and have their graphics and HD for back up.

That probably would have made the TLOS series a bit better, but really, you just want elements from the Original series, so really, there wasn't any point of the TLOS series for you in the first place, lol.
#1698 Posted: 22:26:12 30/11/2010
In regards to LoS, they should also try brand new things. And by bigger and longer, I meant bigger, open world, rather than
chapter by chapter. This would lend itself well to the flying. And make it a longer game, with at least 20 hours until the final boss.

The new moves were the double jump, ledge grab, wall jump, pole swing and the elemental bombs. RPG elements means giving a sense of growth in your characters abilities. In AHT, you got new moves as you went along, and had to make stops in the shop to get lockpicks and bombs.

And....dare I say it....but wouldn't a Spyro level creator(both Classic and LoS) be just awesome!?smilie

I think that the TLOS series shouldn't have had levels, should be like free-roam somehow.

Those were good new moves for Spyro but I found that it copies other games. Same with the RPG elements.

Spyro level editor, would be fun. I've used a Doom editor before, that was great.
#1699 Posted: 22:27:53 30/11/2010
Yeah, LoS is not, and should not, be the exact same as Classic Spyro. I love me some awesome combat, especially if it's a dragon or a Werehog!smilie

Yeah, Spyro did seem a little too serious in DotD. It didn't really bother me though(it's nothing compared to the way Sonic acts in Sonic 06). Although, Cynder seemed to have had some fun. I loved her in DotD. Her kind of wit reminds me of me and my friends! smilie
---
#1700 Posted: 22:30:03 30/11/2010
Mix of old and los with new elements, like th level builder sonicbrawler mentioned, and the ability to use and share other's levels on the web, like I stated earlier.
---
First | Previous | Page 34 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me