First | Previous | Page 27 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1301 Posted: 22:47:33 20/11/2010
Yeah. One of my favorite designs for Spyro was in AHT, to be honest.
//darkspyro.net/hero/gallery081.jpgThat might not be the best picture to represent my view, but I still liked his design.
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/...728656_640w.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the two of those pictures were of Spyro around the ETD, AHT, SL period? I'd like it.. if they used that design, but more mature if they're keeping in TLoS Universe. Spyro's definitely more mature in TLoS, so I think if they made his legs less.. stumpy, and made him just more mature looking in general, I think I'd like that. But it's hard for me to imagine a different style from what I've seen.

Just my personal preference.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1302 Posted: 22:49:55 20/11/2010
I like the AHT/SL design, but hate the ETD style.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1303 Posted: 22:55:29 20/11/2010
Blehhh, same here! I honestly preferred the Original Spyro design over that, including the graphics. I didn't like Spyro (OR Sparx's) design in ETD, and the graphics.. I don't know. They were.. wierd, for lack of a better word. And all of the characters looked goofy to me. I was actually a little frightened of ETD when I was younger, particularly that Farm world with the Space Dinosaurs that stole the cows o.o
not trying to offend anyone who liked that game there.. just my opinion smilie

So yeah, i hope they incorporate something like the AHT/SL desgin into Spyro's newest one.
#1304 Posted: 23:00:22 20/11/2010
At the moment, I don't care how he looks(as long as he's not deformed like in ETD. Seriously, look at his neck in the loading screens that have him flying!)
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1305 Posted: 23:03:48 20/11/2010
Quote: sonicbrawler182
For anyone who cares, here's that sad Sonic scene, from Sonic and the Secret Rings. This scene reminds me of the scene in DotD before you fight Malefor. SPOILER ALERT!

Wow, even the dialouge was similar to Malefor's!

Also, I'm not typically a fan of mushy stuff, but what Sonic said at the end was actually really sweet.

Hm... Perhaps a writer or two from Sonic Team should help with the next game. smilie
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#1306 Posted: 23:14:23 20/11/2010
Wow, Classic Sonic fans hate that sort of thing in a Sonic game, just like the way Classic Spyro fans hate that sort of thing from Spyro! In fact, that quote you thought was sweet is actually hated by a lot of Sonic fans(me not included). You'll appreciate it even more if you watch the opening!

I didn't like mushy stuff when I was a kid, but I do now. I also only started liking tales of romance recently (blame Spyro and Cynder for that).

The only Sonic games I know the writers for are Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Colours. Sonic Chronicles is written by the writers of Mass Effect, and Sonic Colours was written by the writers of Happy Tree Friends and Madworld.
---
spyro cooly Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#1307 Posted: 23:23:42 20/11/2010
It's actually really good that they have switched to activision seriously! Cause that's Call of dutyy!!!! =D
seriously, who cant love COD!!!
---
SPYRO
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1308 Posted: 23:24:28 20/11/2010
That ending was cute. Although I never played it in English xD

Buuuuut back on topic to Spyro's new game, I'd still love to see the original design for Spyro back:

http://www.freewebs.com/magicc...%20-%20Jump.png

He's so cool there!
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#1309 Posted: 23:47:30 20/11/2010
Yeah, he's cute. I don't really care what happens to Spyro unless its bad.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1310 Posted: 00:39:18 21/11/2010
Quote: spyro cooly
It's actually really good that they have switched to activision seriously! Cause that's Call of dutyy!!!! =D

You definitely have no idea about Activision's treatment on their games...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1311 Posted: 00:41:01 21/11/2010
No he/she doesn't...
---
I draw stuff.
#1312 Posted: 00:52:26 21/11/2010
What treatment is this again?
---
#1313 Posted: 01:12:14 21/11/2010
Milking their game franchises to death, till they feel they have no further use for them if the games don't make enough profit..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#1314 Posted: 01:57:50 21/11/2010
Ok let me clarify infinity ward and activision had a law suit over the COD franchise activivison tried to sue infinity over i guess money issues, but activision wanted to get most of the money and hello infinity is making the game they ought to get most of the money since they DO most of the work but anyways yeah activision milks their franchises to the max, COD as soon as Modern warefare came out a month later COD blk ops pre order box was out, dang that was way too quick plus the fact that all their games their popular games have some sort of download content you have to buy to make the game supposly better and trust me it doesnt make the game better transformers WFC has DLC content that i have to download to play certain maps and get 2 characters and their 10bucks for the DLC and the maps aint good........
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#1315 Posted: 02:15:59 21/11/2010
Quote: Aura24
Milking their game franchises to death, till they feel they have no further use for them if the games don't make enough profit..

You DO realize that all compainies both gaming and other wise, Activision and not, are in the business for the money not the games, movies etc right? They milk the franchises (ie. Guitar Hero) because they are popular. They're not committing any 'evil' they are only doing what is best form a business POV. So don't blame the company for milking a popular game, blame the general public for making those games so popular.

Actually, think about it: NO company will EVER make a poorly selling game when they have a very fun, very popular, very profitable game they could make instead.

Now ask yourself this: If they do something incredible with Spyro that makes him an insane hit, more popular than ever before and better in most fans' eyes (including yours), would you really want them to stop milking Spyro because he was just so insanely popular? I mean c'mon, Spyro might have ended after DotD if Activision didn't decide to keep him, and they only did that because they though the Spyro franchise could be milked.
---
#1316 Posted: 02:22:55 21/11/2010
You're not just saying that to defend Activision and Kotick, are you?

Unless Activison leaves the ideas only to the Spyro Team, then it would convince me that Spyro is in good hands..
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:32:06 21/11/2010 by Aura24
#1317 Posted: 02:34:58 21/11/2010
I don't know but I like Spyro the way it is. Making Spyro too popular would feel weird to me. Hardly anyone at my school likes him anyway, they tease me about liking him and they say, look it's dragon girls, she's going to burn me to death!
---
I draw stuff.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1318 Posted: 02:35:42 21/11/2010

Are you for real? Seriously? "Who can't love COD!!!" Are you living in your own imaginary dream world? Have you noticed that Activision don't care because all they do is throw a bone in the pack of dogs and then next year throw that same bone after it's been chewed up and fought over. They do nothing to improve upon their franchise, nothing to benefit it and to make sure they get enough money, have 2 (or more at the moment) developers working on the same game, with the same engine so Activision can get their dirty little fingers on some cash.

COD is, without a doubt, the single most hyped game ever and it is the same every year. People get so excited about a new COD game, when really the only reason why they ever buy it is so they can keep up with everyone else in the world that is foolish enough to buy the same game 3/4 years in a row.
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#1319 Posted: 02:39:18 21/11/2010
I guess what he's saying aura is that what company doesnt mile their franchise, and well to be honest its partially true but then again it aint. EA always makes games that are good and they dont milk their franchises. NFS franchise very solid and stable, Dead space also very popular and well not milked. I will say this nintendo does milk mario abit, but then again mario is the face of nintendo. Ratchet and clank AKA insomiac makes the game pretty good and well is a pretty good franchise thats pretty much the only platformer the the PS3 has really that still does pretty good. And trust me acitvision milks it big time especially with WOW games and the fact that you have to do DLC for every game now really is that necessary? just to play you have to pay? every month?
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#1320 Posted: 02:42:16 21/11/2010

Unless Activison leaves the ideas only to the Spyro Team, then it would convince me that Spyro is in good hands..

Ugh, NO I'm not. Why would I do that anyway? I wouldn't. I said it because I believe it to be true.
---
#1321 Posted: 02:47:21 21/11/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Ugh, NO I'm not. Why would I do that anyway? I wouldn't. I said it because I believe it to be true.

I recalled you defending Bobby Kotick in the past, SpyroLUVA...
---
#1322 Posted: 02:49:50 21/11/2010
I hope they don't make Spyro in worse shape than it already is.
---
I draw stuff.
#1323 Posted: 05:03:43 21/11/2010
With Activision as publisher? It's already worse thinking about it...
---
#1324 Posted: 05:10:02 21/11/2010
Yeah, no question about it.
---
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#1325 Posted: 05:10:38 21/11/2010
Well mabey (im just shooting out here) they might give him off to a better publisher
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#1326 Posted: 05:11:13 21/11/2010
They could.
---
I draw stuff.
#1327 Posted: 05:13:49 21/11/2010
mabey the jackasses over at actviosn are gonna realize "Hey this seris isnt making ANY money" Then theyll sell back to Insomainac then the rest is history
---
#1328 Posted: 05:41:31 21/11/2010
That would be awesome.
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1329 Posted: 10:34:11 21/11/2010
As much as I would love that to happen, it would never happen. Insomniac gave up Spyro without hesitating. They would NEVER buy it back.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#1330 Posted: 10:38:01 21/11/2010
*sigh* Insomniac does not, did not, never did, and never will own Spyro! They were commissioned to develop it by Universal (which owns Activision as its gaming division, btw). Insomniac was contracted to do a trilogy. When the trilogy was up, their contract was not renewed and Universal farmed it's property (the Spyro franchise) out to other developers.

Activision can't afford Insomniac and, frankly, I doubt they'd want Spyro back at this point anyone, given that they've moved well beyond it (and don't make games for anything but Sony systems right now anyway).
#1331 Posted: 12:23:13 21/11/2010
I agree with bionicle about COD.

I don't think Spyro could become extremly popular like he was in the PS1 days, whether it's LoS or Classics style games they make for him. As a wise video game character once said:

"Gamers these days just want to shoot stuff!" - L.O.G
---
#1332 Posted: 12:54:51 21/11/2010
Quote: Razz
*sigh* Insomniac does not, did not, never did, and never will own Spyro! They were commissioned to develop it by Universal (which owns Activision as its gaming division, btw). Insomniac was contracted to do a trilogy. When the trilogy was up, their contract was not renewed and Universal farmed it's property (the Spyro franchise) out to other developers.

Activision can't afford Insomniac and, frankly, I doubt they'd want Spyro back at this point anyone, given that they've moved well beyond it (and don't make games for anything but Sony systems right now anyway).

No... Insomniac are independent. They made the first Spyro game and then submitted it to Universal for publishing. The same with every other game they've made. They have never once been commissioned (yet) to develop a game, they will now that their partnered with EA but Ratchet and Clank and Resistance will still be made by Insomniac without any interference with Sony.
#1333 Posted: 13:33:29 21/11/2010

I recalled you defending Bobby Kotick in the past, SpyroLUVA...

Not just for the sake of doing it. I beleive I did it because I knew nothing of Kotik or what is planned for Spyro thus had no reason to condemn anyon or anything without first seeing what's they'd do. The situation now is much the same. Greed or no, they could make a good game, so let's just wait and see, and then after I've bought, played and thought over Spyro's Kingdom, I'll form my own opinion of it and whether not Activision is good for Spyro. Got it?
---
#1334 Posted: 13:41:00 21/11/2010
Good point, Spyro_LUVA. Although I don't like Call of Duty that much, Black Ops seems to have improved somewhat.
---
#1335 Posted: 14:24:54 21/11/2010
bionicle2809, read this. Not just the intro, but the interior information Charles writes about working on the designs.

When Spyro was made, Universal pretty much owned Insomniac. Spyro the character wasn't even created by an Insomniac employee.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:36:30 21/11/2010 by Razz
#1336 Posted: 14:37:16 21/11/2010
Quote: Razz
Read this.

When Spyro was made, Universal pretty much owned Insomniac.

But Spyro was still made independently... It was still all Insomniacs idea. The game, characters, plot ETC all Insomniacs idea. Insomniac owned the rights to Spyro until they left Universal and went with Sony.
#1337 Posted: 14:55:31 21/11/2010
No, he wasn't. It was a team effort of multiple groups. Ted Price wanted to make a dragon game, but he didn't have the idea for the character, and nobody would have gotten anything done if Universal hadn't paid for it all. All companies start somewhere, even big ones. If memory serves, Insomniac started out in a garage with maybe three people.

Universal has always had the rights to Spyro. Insomniac may have had the idea, but it was Universal that paid for it and, by the laws of corporations, that means they owned it from the start.
#1338 Posted: 15:35:16 21/11/2010
OMG it looks like Malefor!

http://www.theanimationacademy.com/a24.htm
---
#1339 Posted: 15:43:22 21/11/2010
Malefor just wishes he was half that cool. smilie
#1340 Posted: 15:47:18 21/11/2010
Yeah really!

I invented a new name for him, but I might get in trouble if I say it on the forums here...
---
#1341 Posted: 15:49:21 21/11/2010
For who? Malefor? I liked someone's comic where Spyro called him "Male-fart". smilie
#1342 Posted: 15:51:41 21/11/2010
Mine is like that, but the end is more... rude... and vulgar.
---
#1343 Posted: 15:56:44 21/11/2010
I suspect I know what you mean and it is indeed quite amusing. smilie
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#1344 Posted: 17:02:59 21/11/2010 | Topic Creator

that would make such an awesome Malefor if he was ever made in Classic style....
*sigh*
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#1345 Posted: 17:58:37 21/11/2010
Quote: bionicle2809

Are you for real? Seriously? "Who can't love COD!!!" Are you living in your own imaginary dream world? Have you noticed that Activision don't care because all they do is throw a bone in the pack of dogs and then next year throw that same bone after it's been chewed up and fought over. They do nothing to improve upon their franchise, nothing to benefit it and to make sure they get enough money, have 2 (or more at the moment) developers working on the same game, with the same engine so Activision can get their dirty little fingers on some cash.

COD is, without a doubt, the single most hyped game ever and it is the same every year. People get so excited about a new COD game, when really the only reason why they ever buy it is so they can keep up with everyone else in the world that is foolish enough to buy the same game 3/4 years in a row.

Hey, he's just a 12-year old boy.
#1346 Posted: 18:26:09 21/11/2010
I think that was unecessary.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#1347 Posted: 18:33:09 21/11/2010
I think that was unecessary.

I reported it!
#1348 Posted: 18:41:49 21/11/2010
That might have been unecessary too...
---
Rock_Mosher Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#1349 Posted: 18:43:02 21/11/2010
i laughed smilie
---
Rawr smilie
learnt the guitar part in this broken soul and guide you home (i would die for you)
yayyyyyysmilie
#1350 Posted: 19:02:28 21/11/2010
Quote: Paplok
WD, I have a message for you.

[User Posted Image]

lololol
---
First | Previous | Page 27 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me