First | Previous | Page 21 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1001 Posted: 23:01:38 10/11/2010
Quote: Darby
Hmm. To me it sounds like Spyro's Kingdom is final.
And if it wasn't an MMO, why would it have servers?

Yeah, you are probably right.

With that name and possibly being an MMO I'm really anxious to see more.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1002 Posted: 23:02:20 10/11/2010
It sounds like something completely different and new than Spyro games have ever been like in the past. I'm very anxious as well.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#1003 Posted: 23:06:19 10/11/2010
The fact that its on Wii and DS has me skeptical for an MMO, and I must admit the idea of a Spyro MMO doesnt really excite me much.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#1004 Posted: 23:10:17 10/11/2010
What are they like?

All these mentions of the game reffer to it as Spyro's kingdom and nothing else. Not only would that signify that that is the final name, but have they dropped 'Spyro The Legend' from the front of it?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:12:35 10/11/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#1005 Posted: 23:12:36 10/11/2010
MMO'S? they are games that you play online with thousands of others around the world. wierd for spyro though.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#1006 Posted: 23:15:10 10/11/2010
And I'm not sure about "The Legend" part. I wonder what happened to that. Maybe that was part of the test title, but they shortened the final title to just "Spyro's Kingdom"?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1007 Posted: 23:15:56 10/11/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
What are they like?

All these mentions of the game reffer to it as Spyro's kingdom and nothing else. Not only would that signify that that is the final name, but have they dropped 'Spyro The Legend' from the front of it?

We don't know, but they still have the words in front of Spyro's Kingdom.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1008 Posted: 23:16:05 10/11/2010
I can see us having to pay some sort of online fee for an MMO...bleh. I get too frustrated with console online play, seems something is always messing up or glitching. I dont mind it on the computer as much, but I prefer to play on my own or with someone in the room.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
cynder401 Green Sparx Gems: 151
#1009 Posted: 23:17:12 10/11/2010
a new spyro game? awesome =3
---
Tic tacs. They also make fine maracas.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#1010 Posted: 23:18:33 10/11/2010
Quote: Byrn
I can see us having to pay some sort of online fee for an MMO...bleh. I get too frustrated with console online play, seems something is always messing up or glitching. I dont mind it on the computer as much, but I prefer to play on my own or with someone in the room.

It would be typical of Activision, trying to make money out of Spyro, with dragons being popular and all.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#1011 Posted: 23:19:33 10/11/2010
Definitely doubting the MMO thing. The Wii and DS aren't known for their great online capabilities. I'd also say an MMO wouldn't work in the Spyro universe, but the "Spyro universe" has been changed so many times that no one really even knows what it is now. =/

This is definitely interesting, though. Out of all the current consoles, the Wii probably has the highest concentration of platformers and the lowest of hack-and-slash. Hopefully this could mean we're getting some changes in gameplay.
#1012 Posted: 23:19:45 10/11/2010
Quote: Aura24
What are they like?

We don't know, but they still have the words in front of Spyro's Kingdom.

Where? The site names posted earlier all just said Spyro's Kingdom didn't they? And chances are that if there are sites being made with just those words in the name and being supported by the publisher's server no less, that the game's title will be the same as the title used for the site.
---
#1013 Posted: 23:20:04 10/11/2010
Quote:
spyros-kingdom.com MARKMONITOR INC. 2010-03-09 - - NOT-TASTER
spyroskingdom.com MARKMONITOR INC. 2010-03-09 - - NOT-TASTER
spyroskingdomgame.com MARKMONITOR INC. 2010-03-09 - - NOT-TASTER

Copied and pasted from the first link. Do the dates... March 9th 2010... mean that's when the websites were registered or whatever? And what does the "NOT-TASTER" mean? So many questions..
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#1014 Posted: 23:22:40 10/11/2010 | Topic Creator
If its an MMO there would be beta testing, I kinda doubt its an MMO really though.

beta testing a mmo with nunchucks and a wii remote? seriously?
I dunno...but that just sounds kinda stupid....
Wii never had any MMO's before,so why would they make one now all of a sudden?
and even if they would consider making one I doubt it would be Spyro lol...
MMO's belong to the PC imo...
also if it's an mmorpg about Spyro's 'kingdom' or whatever,you obviously wouldn't be playing as him...you would make your own lil' char and do stuff
so if this is true....then
lolwut?
So basicaly they made me wait 2 and a half years just so I could create some recolour and fly around in this 'kingdom' ??!!
And not play as the actual Spyro???
w...t...f....

ofc I'm just spectulating of how it may be like if it was a mmo...and thats why I wouldn't like it...

But, we do not even know if it will be a mmo!
I really don't understand where all of this 'Spyro's kingdom is mmo' stuff came from?!
#1015 Posted: 23:22:54 10/11/2010
Quote: Darby
Quote:
spyros-kingdom.com MARKMONITOR INC. 2010-03-09 - - NOT-TASTER
spyroskingdom.com MARKMONITOR INC. 2010-03-09 - - NOT-TASTER
spyroskingdomgame.com MARKMONITOR INC. 2010-03-09 - - NOT-TASTER

Copied and pasted from the first link. Do the dates... March 9th 2010... mean that's when the websites were registered or whatever? And what does the "NOT-TASTER" mean? So many questions..

Here's a bit on that:
Quote:
Q. What is domain tasting?
A. Domain tasting is the process of registering a domain name for a period of five days or less, parking it (showing ads), and seeing if it makes money. If the domain makes money, the registrant keeps it, if not, it is deleted and the registration fee is refunded back to the registrant. The registry (com/net/org/biz/info/us) allow for a 5 day grace period in which newly registered domains can be deleted for a full refund. Tasting only works in large volumes, which is why some registrars register tens or hundreds of thousands of domains per day. Learn about the history of tasting and how it works by clicking here.

So.... Looks like it's there to stay?
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#1016 Posted: 23:25:10 10/11/2010
About the date, I'm guessing yes. If that were the date of launch we'd have seen this ages ago, so I'd guess it's the registration date.

Quote: Kimbia28
If its an MMO there would be beta testing, I kinda doubt its an MMO really though.

also if it's an mmorpg about Spyro's 'kingdom' or whatever,you obviously wouldn't be playing as him...you would make your own lil' char and do stuff
lolwut?
So basicaly they made me wait 2 and a half years just so I could create some recolour and fly around in this 'kingdom' ??!!
w...t...f....

ofc I'm just spectulating of how it may be like if it was a mmo...and thats why I wouldn't like it...

I really don't understand where all of this 'Spyro's kingdom is mmo' stuff came from?!

Speculation. I agree, It won't happen. Some would like to make thier own Spyro char and play the game as that char or thier dragon selves, but I can't see it working on Wii. Dunno, I just can't.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:42 10/11/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#1017 Posted: 23:27:46 10/11/2010
Exactly Kimbia, it would be rather awkward.
I think there have been mmo's for the wii though, wasnt Animal Crossing considered an MMO?

I think most of the MMo talk came from the two different 'packs' mentioned.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:01 10/11/2010 by Byrn
#1018 Posted: 23:29:45 10/11/2010
No I don't think so..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1019 Posted: 23:30:31 10/11/2010
For all we know the title could still be anything and the game could or could not be an MMO. this is Activision they could change they're minds on anything at any given time.
---
#1020 Posted: 23:30:32 10/11/2010
I thought that was Game Cube only. Or did they make a Wii sequel? Anyway, I think this new console Sims game is for the Wii and it has online capabilities.
---
#1021 Posted: 23:31:07 10/11/2010
Animal crossing did a Wii sequel.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#1022 Posted: 23:31:24 10/11/2010
I really hope it's not an MMO. You guys are nice and all, but I'd rather slam my fingers in a door than play a Spyro game with a bunch of Spyro fans. MMOs aren't for everyone.
#1023 Posted: 23:32:42 10/11/2010
The sims wii's online parts are really limited from what i've heard, you only play a few minigames together I think.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:29 10/11/2010 by Byrn
#1024 Posted: 23:32:53 10/11/2010
Heh, why's that Razz?
@Byrn that might be what they do with Spyro.
OH! Cool Idea: downloadable dragon generater similar to the Spyro's Lair one but with more capablities which lets you make an avatar to use online in games and chats. Or perhaps it comes with on of the two packs. Probably not the case but a neat idea all the same.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:38 10/11/2010 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#1025 Posted: 23:34:02 10/11/2010
Quote: Razz
I really hope it's not an MMO. You guys are nice and all, but I'd rather slam my fingers in a door than play a Spyro game with a bunch of Spyro fans. MMOs aren't for everyone.

Ditto. I cannot stand real time multiplayer, thus the only kind I can really enjoy is PBEM, which is not practical for MMOs.
#1026 Posted: 23:34:38 10/11/2010
Looking at info, AC:CF was considered a MMO by Nintendo.

If it was considered just that, then that's the only MMO I own smilie
---
#1027 Posted: 23:37:32 10/11/2010
What is PBEM?
And what is AC:CF?
---
#1028 Posted: 23:37:34 10/11/2010
Hm, maybe it isn't an MMO and just has some online features and downloadable content.

That would explain those packs. ah, who knows!
---
#1029 Posted: 23:37:54 10/11/2010
What's AC/CF?

If Spyro was an MMO, it would have exactly two kinds of players:

1. trolls

2. teenage Spyro fans, most notably Cynder fans who can't stop talking about her

It would take all of five minutes for those two groups to drive everyone who wanted to play the game for fun away and this would be the most short-lived Spyro game of all time in terms of interest to anyone.
#1030 Posted: 23:38:41 10/11/2010
Ah, I see. it's obvious; don't know why I asked.
---
#1031 Posted: 23:39:31 10/11/2010
AC: CF = Animal Crossing, City Folk.

And yeah, Razz has a point.... That would put a downer on it.
---
#1032 Posted: 23:39:41 10/11/2010
What is PBEM?
And what is AC:CF?

Play By EMail. It allows for people to play at there own pace without bothering other players. It only works for turn based games that do not use 'simultanious turns'.

Edit:
Beyond not wanting to play at the pace of others, I would not want to play with everyone else that has the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:14 10/11/2010 by Gwenio
#1033 Posted: 23:40:06 10/11/2010
What's AC/CF?

If Spyro was an MMO, it would have exactly two kinds of players:

1. trolls

2. teenage Spyro fans, most notably Cynder fans who can't stop talking about her

It would take all of five minutes for those two groups to drive everyone who wanted to play the game for fun away and this would be the most short-lived Spyro game of all time in terms of interest to anyone.

If that is the case Razz, please, Activision please,please,please don't make it an MMO.
---
#1034 Posted: 23:42:24 10/11/2010
We'll just have to see..
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1035 Posted: 23:42:28 10/11/2010
MMOs are definitely not for everyone ( coming from someone who likes the concept, but can't find one that appeals to me), but they seem to be the 'In' thing this generation ( big money-maker). I am willing to agree an MMO on the Wii and DS is kinda awkward though; but then again, we're still not 100% sure if this is an MMO or not.

As for the website thing...very interesting indeed.

EDIT: Whoa...I got ambushed by ninjas! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:07 10/11/2010 by IsisStormDragon
#1036 Posted: 23:44:39 10/11/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
MMOs are definitely not for everyone ( coming from someone who likes the concept, but can't find one that appeals to me), but they seem to be the 'In' thing this generation ( big money-maker). I am willing to agree an MMO on the Wii and DS is kinda awkward though; but then again, we're still not 100% sure if this is an MMO or not.

This topic is on fire smilie
---
#1037 Posted: 23:45:52 10/11/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon

Not all MMOs are big money makers, there was one recently from EA games that did not last a month before the servers were shutdown as it did poorly.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1038 Posted: 23:46:13 10/11/2010
Indeed so. smilie Which is a good thing.

EDIT: Ninja'd again! Anyways.... I believe I heard about that Gwenio, but still. It's a very popular...'genre'.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:13 10/11/2010 by IsisStormDragon
#1039 Posted: 23:50:00 10/11/2010 | Topic Creator
About the date, I'm guessing yes. If that were the date of launch we'd have seen this ages ago, so I'd guess it's the registration date.

Quote: Kimbia28

lolwut?
w...t...f....

Speculation. I agree, It won't happen. Some would like to make thier own Spyro char and play the game as that char or thier dragon selves, but I can't see it working on Wii. Dunno, I just can't.

Yes but it's supposed to be a Spyro game...not ''my-lil'-recolour-dragon-char-online-adveantureh!''
What would you do there?
-Complete quests for King Spyro?(uugghhh smilieyea pick him flowers or something...that will make him feel better)
-Raid giant monsters?(oh wait wasn't the planet cleansed of all that bull****? and the ultimate evil defeated...?Also Spyro would be probably assigned to do everybody's dirty work cus he's 'special')
-bounce around a happy meadow with 1000 of other people at the same time?(yea I can see that....with all the rainbow colours in it....seizure and lagg...perfect)
also...
on ...the wii...
I agree I just can't see it happening on that console...
aalso Spyro isn't that popular that they would make mmo out of him
and spend all that money just so a bunch of people could play it(around 1500 people isn't much, also bare in mind not everybody has a wii system)
ofc this is all IMO...................*wink*
aaaand I also agree with Razz D:
#1040 Posted: 23:59:01 10/11/2010
There's already a Spyro MMO: it's called the Spyro's Lair website. smilie

The only MMO I know of that actually makes money is World of Warcraft. Every other one hasn't met with nearly that kind of success. Incidentally, the biggest WoW fan I know says she hates playing the game and that it's no fun at all.
#1041 Posted: 00:02:39 11/11/2010
^And if it's like spyro's lair it will probably glitch and shut down.
---
#1042 Posted: 00:06:12 11/11/2010

The only MMO I know of that actually makes money is World of Warcraft. Every other one hasn't met with nearly that kind of success. Incidentally, the biggest WoW fan I know says she hates playing the game and that it's no fun at all.

While other MMOs may not make as much money as WoW, there must be some that turn a profit (there is a company that has made several).
#1043 Posted: 00:07:21 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator

well damn ,there you have it smilie!
its free and its on the computer! :3
#1044 Posted: 00:08:36 11/11/2010
Didnt we see the genre at one point being action/adventure?
---
#1045 Posted: 00:10:18 11/11/2010
Yeah an action/ adventure game.
---
#1046 Posted: 00:12:34 11/11/2010
Didnt we see the genre at one point being action/adventure?

You mean the new one, right? yeah, I think so.
---
#1047 Posted: 00:14:33 11/11/2010
Thought so, for some reason I was thinking someone said RPG. That would be odd to say the least smilie
---
#1048 Posted: 00:15:35 11/11/2010
Someone said that somewhere along the line but I forget why.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:31 11/11/2010 by BlackNight12
#1049 Posted: 00:33:49 11/11/2010
Wait, it says Spyro's Kingdom is an action/adventure game on one of our sources? Well, dang. That ends this right here. Action/adventure is its own category of gaming as is not an MMO (though it could be an action RPG like the Zelda games). Neat.
#1050 Posted: 00:37:54 11/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Wait, it says Spyro's Kingdom is an action/adventure game on one of our sources? Well, dang. That ends this right here. Action/adventure is its own category of gaming as is not an MMO (though it could be an action RPG like the Zelda games). Neat.

this was already stated before, so I don't understand why people kept coming back to the posibility of a mmo .. =/ oh wellz
First | Previous | Page 21 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me