First | Previous | Page 19 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#901 Posted: 21:38:17 08/11/2010
Maybe. We'll just have wait until more info surfaces.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#902 Posted: 21:53:43 08/11/2010
Quote: Rock_Mosher
i do have a wii, but honestly the wiis crap unless its Mario or some sort of sport game which incorporates movement.

Okami, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Animal Crossing, Legend of the Guardians, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kirby's Epic Yarn...

I prefer the Wii to other consoles. I guess because I'm not a shooter fan, the Xbox really doesn't entertain me for long unless I've got a copy of Viva Pinata--which is on the DS anyway.

I just get happier the more I hear about it. Expansion packs sounds great. One more thing about the Wii and DS--often times those versions need to be created separately due to the different graphics and control systems.
DAREtoDREAM Red Sparx Gems: 39
#903 Posted: 22:51:00 08/11/2010
Dude, this might actually go through instead of the douchebags cancelling...like they did so with the movie. I love the old and new Spyro; Hell, I love any version of Spyro. If it's for the Wii, I'm fine with that but if it DOES come out for the 360...WOOT! smilie I'm actually pretty excited about this. But will it have a purpose to it or what...? Does it have a story to it if you guys know yet. xD
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#904 Posted: 22:52:21 08/11/2010
Whoa, watch the language, DARE. <.<

And we don't know. We don't even know what universe it will take place in.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:28 08/11/2010 by Aura24
#905 Posted: 23:00:58 08/11/2010
Whoopsehh...Sowweh. xP

Dude, this might actually go through instead of the people cancelling...like they did so with the movie. I love the old and new Spyro; Although, I love any version of Spyro. If it's for the Wii, I'm fine with that but if it DOES come out for the 360...WOOT! I'm actually pretty excited about this. But will it have a purpose to it or what...? Does it have a story to it if you guys know yet. xD

Fixed(:
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#906 Posted: 23:03:14 08/11/2010
It could be anything for all we know.

All we have to go by so far is a possible working title and a few sites with some small tid bits of information.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#907 Posted: 23:04:50 08/11/2010
Yea...Wait, so by this new Tom dude being a voice actor, is Elijia (spelling. Whatever. -.-'') Wood not voicing Spyro?
#908 Posted: 23:07:15 08/11/2010
No, he isn't voicing him in the next game but it's also not confirmed whether or not Tom Bromhead will be voicing spyro or another character.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:08:30 08/11/2010 by BlackNight12
#909 Posted: 23:10:06 08/11/2010
Tom Bromhead is confirmed to voice a character in the next Spyro game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#910 Posted: 23:13:01 08/11/2010
Ohhh to voice a character? So it's not official he's voising Spyro? Sorry for so many questions. xP And Bromhead sounds stupid... like Broomhead or something, -.-''
#911 Posted: 23:14:30 08/11/2010
<.<

No it hasn't even been confirmed that he's voicing Spyro.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#912 Posted: 00:23:49 09/11/2010
I highly doubt he'll be playing the part of Spyro. One, that just doesn't seem like the type of character he'd voice, and two, I think they'd keep a close eye on where the information goes for the most imprtant role.. Just because he's lending his voice to this game, does not mean he'll be playing Spyro.
#913 Posted: 00:43:16 09/11/2010
Yeah he could voicing a side character, like Sparx or Hunter.
---
#914 Posted: 00:53:10 09/11/2010
Yeah, or even a different character.
#915 Posted: 01:28:47 09/11/2010
I'm anxious to see what kind of game Spyro's Kingdom is. Possibly a MMOG.
---
#916 Posted: 01:35:06 09/11/2010
If it is an MMOG I wonder how they will go about it. I mean, how do you make spyro into an MMOG?
---
#917 Posted: 02:29:31 09/11/2010
^ I agree with BlackNight12. I don't know how they'd pull that off, but if they're planning on it, they've obviously got ideas.
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#918 Posted: 02:49:40 09/11/2010
Still spyro on the wii..... i dont know a mmog should be at least on the PC the wii for a mmog sounds abit off, i hope its also on the xbox and ps3 platforms nintendo has enough platformer games already.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#919 Posted: 03:01:19 09/11/2010
Maybe I'm crazy, but how well would a Spyro game sell on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in comparison to the Wii? Is there anywhere that shows the number of copies bought of DotD for each system? And I mean accurate numbers...

Because for some reason, I think a Nintendo system is a better choice for a Spyro game than the 360 and PS3, unless someone can prove otherwise ( in sales; not graphics and other stuff). Why? Because the Wii is more or less established as a family-friendly system (OMG IT'S TOO KIDDEH), whereas the 360 and PS3...sure, they have some kid-friendly games, but that doesn't seem to be their main target audience.

Spyro is a children's franchise, like it or not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:41 09/11/2010 by IsisStormDragon
#920 Posted: 03:30:02 09/11/2010
Yeah i agree spyro is a kids game but has that been a issue in the past? Always been a sony game since the beginning. sales wise i believe the wii took it not sure. But either way answer this, why was call of duty world at war made for the wii? Very very few people play call of duty on the wii and very few play that hunting game on the xbox and PS3 and they both are made by activision and yet they continue producing those games on all the consoles so i still dont think or see the logic on making spyro a nintendo exlcusive regardless if he's kiddie or not, if so called game designers really sat down and thought hard on how to make spyro work on all consoles then it wouldnt be a issue. especially since all the consoles have the motion technology behind them now so what does nintendo have over the other consoles? But we'll see hopefully its not a nintendo exclusive, but seeing as it maybe one, im thinking the game might be towards its roots as a classic type game, which is cool but i'll have to watch instead of playing it and some people will have to be in my position.
---
#921 Posted: 03:51:31 09/11/2010
Well, if the Wii is the weakest of the current gen consoles, wouldn't it be the cheapest to develop for? In other words, the most cost-effective for a risky title?

As for Call of Duty... I don't know much about that series, but I think it's safe to assume they made them to take advantage of the motion controls. And also, more people probably play such games on the Wii than you might think. Including children (smilie).

Also, why is it just so horrible for a game to be Nintendo exclusive? Season of Ice, Season of Flame, Shadow Legacy, etc. were all Nintendo exclusive, were they not?

I'm not saying it's impossible to make a Spyro game to be on the 360 and PS3, but honestly, this is becoming MegaMan Legends 3 now. "OMG IT'S ON A NINTENDO SYSTEM ONLY!1111 IT STARTED ON A SONY SYSTEM!111 HOW DARE YOU DO THIS CAPCOM!!11" is the garbage poor Capcom is getting for making a long-awaited and RISKY game on a more cost-effective system over a super-expensive system like the PS3.

Spyro doesn't appear to be a game they want to put loads of money (*coughHDcough*) into right now, so the Wii and DS are the best choices at the moment. Maybe other systems will be announced, maybe not.

Also, despite the Move and Kinect being out, the Wii still has a significant advantage over the 360 and PS3, which I already stated before: A more kid-friendly 'atmosphere'. You can argue the other systems have kid-friendly games all you want, but that's not what they're branded as.

If the game fails on the Wii and DS, not much damage is taken. If it fails on the 360 and PS3...using Capcom's logic, it would be very significant. Perhaps, if this game does well, a 360 and PS3 version WILL be announced down the road. We'll have to wait and see.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#922 Posted: 06:47:37 09/11/2010
Heh. I'm so lucky. I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox 360. The only latest consul I have is a Wii, and I have a DS, so I'm glad the game is Nintendo Exclusive, so I don't have to worry. :3
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#923 Posted: 07:23:54 09/11/2010
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Well, if the Wii is the weakest of the current gen consoles, wouldn't it be the cheapest to develop for? In other words, the most cost-effective for a risky title?

The Wii is the weakest and the cheapest to develop for; however, Spyro is not exactly a risky title as it has an existing fan base that is not exactly small nor does Activision not have the funds to create games for the more powerful platforms.
#924 Posted: 09:20:30 09/11/2010
Yeah I guess, meh if the wii came out in HD like in these times standards then i'd go for a wii but since they dont and online play is horrid on there then not really appealing to me but yeah i guess it makes sense from a coorperate point of view. But i still think the guys when they made DOTD man there was so much they couldve done with that game to make spyro ontop unfortunatly they didnt take anytime to develop it right. oh well still bugs me that nintendo is getting all the platformers and the other consoles have almost nothing other than racthet and clank. and the DS games i dont care for those spyro versions of games because the DS versions werent something i ever played for or cared for. I have a DS and play mario and pokemon on those when im on the go, when im at home i expect to play games on PS3 online and have fun increasing my skills as a gamer/racer. But oh well no xbox or sony this time meh goodluck activision trying to beat EA because now they have with them call of duty and now they have to reel in a cash cow soon otherwise their done for, especially since how they milk the Dj hero and guitar hero franchises. We'll see if spyro is a online gaming franchise then why nintendo? i mean nintendo aint the smartest choice for oniline gaming unless on the PC then i;d understand that logic.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#925 Posted: 09:22:18 09/11/2010
Quote: Gwenio
Quote: IsisStormDragon

The Wii is the weakest and the cheapest to develop for; however, Spyro is not exactly a risky title as it has an existing fan base that is not exactly small nor does Activision not have the funds to create games for the more powerful platforms.

True, but the Legend series didn't hit off as well as planned. DotD had fairly poor sales compared to other games in the franchise. It's understandable that Activision want to be cautious, even moreso if planning another Legend game.

Really, I can't see the problem with Spyro being exclusive. Like I said, I understand if you don't have the console, but I'm kinda getting bored of hearing people complain tbh. Let's wait and see.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#926 Posted: 10:03:02 09/11/2010
DOTD sold about one millions copies though, didn't it. :\
---
#927 Posted: 10:26:08 09/11/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
DOTD sold about one millions copies though, didn't it. smilie

From what I read, it was still poor overall, compared to other Spyro games.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#928 Posted: 17:32:36 09/11/2010
I'm pretty sure only ANB sold enough copies to get a greatest hits release. None of the other LoS titles did as well and the series' sales combined weren't as good as a single one of the older games.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#929 Posted: 18:53:06 09/11/2010
Perhaps the two packs hint at a special edition? There seems to be a surge in pre-order incentives as of late.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#930 Posted: 19:50:05 09/11/2010
Perhaps they're not going for online gaming ( c'mon guys, it's NOT life). If the two systems announced are the Wii and DS, it MIGHT be possible they're going for a connectivity thing. Which I'm not sure if the other systems can do ( well...we have the PS3 and PSP, but I don't know what kind of connectivity they have, if at all).

And maybe Nintendo's getting all the platformers because...that's the established 'audience'. The established audience for the 360 and PS3 does not seem to be platform gamers, which is why they don't get as many. Nothing you can do about that. Except complain to Microsoft and Sony about it if it really bugs you. Don't be irritable towards Nintendo for it. I don't recall them forcing most platforming games to be on their systems only. It's the developers' choice whether or not the platformer goes on other systems.

...Want some cheese to go with that whine? Beggars can't be choosers, you know. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's true.

So the handheld Spyro games should have never been only on a NINTENDO handheld ( after all, we have the PSP)? Plenty of people enjoyed them ( though I admit Shadow Legacy did not do too well).

Also... I would say Spyro IS a risky title for Activision, ESPECIALLY a Legend title ( let's face it, DotD crippled us; some fans aren't even sure they're going to buy the next game). Plus, we don't even know what it is Activision is planning...perhaps what they are doing is very risky, and they don't want to spend too much money.

Maybe I'm wrong, but does HD even do ANYTHING other than drive up development costs pointlessly? Because I haven't really seen many benefits of using HD on video games. Sure, you can 'see more', but developers have to waste more money making already good graphics 'better' so the HD won't cripple them. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but this is what I'm seeing.

Besides, graphics aren't everything, right? If they were, all these 'old-school' games that people love so much...wouldn't get made and be loved.

...Ugh... MegaMan Legends 3. MegaMan Legends 3. And people say Nintendo fanboys/fangirls are horrid. smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#931 Posted: 20:11:01 09/11/2010
Quote: Razz
I'm pretty sure only ANB sold enough copies to get a greatest hits release. None of the other LoS titles did as well and the series' sales combined weren't as good as a single one of the older games.

We can't be certain how much of that is due to the game itself and how much of that is due to the dwindling popularity of platformers and mascot games in general. They never sell as well as they did in the past anymore.

Not sayig the series isn't at fault at all, but nor is it solely its fault.
---
Eh.
#932 Posted: 20:29:33 09/11/2010
Well, a Spyro game on PS3 could do well. I'm sure many Sony fans played Spyro 1-3 back in the day and now have PS3s. Also, games like LittleBigPlanet would of already created an audience for mascot games.
---
#933 Posted: 20:37:49 09/11/2010
Agreeing with everything IsisStormDragon said.
---
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#934 Posted: 21:20:13 09/11/2010 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo
Agreeing with everything IsisStormDragon said.

^this
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#935 Posted: 22:39:19 09/11/2010
IsisStormDragon is right on the money.

As for platformers and mascot games doing poorly: New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I don't think I need to say anything else.
#936 Posted: 22:43:50 09/11/2010
Mario has wide appeal in the casual audience, partly because of the accessibility of NSMB (DS) and casual titles like MK Wii and Mario Party. Unfortunatly, Spyro hasn't got that kind of appeal.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#937 Posted: 23:17:07 09/11/2010
Quote: Razz
IsisStormDragon is right on the money.

As for platformers and mascot games doing poorly: New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Oh you don't, because that perfectly illustrates my point. Mario used to sell 20m easy, while NSMBW could barely make it to 15m. The rest couldn't even get to 10m. If Mario got hit by the market change that much, thinking that other franchises wouldn't be affected even more is just the thought of a naive person unaware of how real business works.

Edit: LBP has bog all to do with mascot games. The appeal of that is the sheer creativity of it, from the levels to your own sackperson. There's a reason why LBP 2 will allow more genres to be explored.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:59 09/11/2010 by Burning Gnorc
#938 Posted: 23:19:44 09/11/2010
I guess the game being on the Wii and DS gives the developers time to make the game that will be enjoyable.
---
#939 Posted: 23:30:18 09/11/2010
^ Yeah, I think they are trying to make the game as fun as possible.
maybe, they will go for the other systems in a future game it could be they are trying to re-establish spyro as a popular game series again so with whatever risks that they may be taking they decided to keep it nintendo exclusive in case it ends up a fail and not doing too good sales-wise.

They probably are not too worried about graphics and all that other stuff becuase good visual effects are not the main reason people buy games, so the Wii Known for being a family and generally fun system could be the best bet for spyro to make a come back as a fun and playable game series again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:27 09/11/2010 by BlackNight12
#940 Posted: 00:44:49 10/11/2010
Spyro doesnt rely on good visual effecs, the soft slightly cartoony look is just right for the wii. I wouldnt totally discount 360 and PS3 yet though, sometimes versions take longer to be produced than others(looking at Fable 3 for PC)

As long as we can still fly i'll be happy. It would seem a step backwards if we couldnt, though it would need to be improved from dotd.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#941 Posted: 02:46:08 10/11/2010
Ohhhh Activision. Let's just watch out for more info(: Hopefully, they'll go through with this; that's all I'm worried about. xD
#942 Posted: 03:28:41 10/11/2010
Think it might be in the legend universe, on a video on another forum(not sure if i'm allowed to link) there is a screenshot of a website with Spyro the Legend-Spyro's Kingdom written on it. Kinda hard to read since its small so I cant tell if the source is reliable or not.
---
#943 Posted: 03:32:57 10/11/2010
It's actually in the video posted in the first post.

Though it's still not completly reliable.
---
#944 Posted: 03:34:33 10/11/2010
Oh sorry, i've been keeping up to date with these most recent post and hadnt read the first pagge for quite awhile smilie
---
#945 Posted: 03:36:17 10/11/2010
It's cool! smilie
---
#946 Posted: 04:00:14 10/11/2010
Quote: Byrn
Think it might be in the legend universe, on a video on another forum(not sure if i'm allowed to link) there is a screenshot of a website with Spyro the Legend-Spyro's Kingdom written on it. Kinda hard to read since its small so I cant tell if the source is reliable or not.

Yes, but Spyro is also a legend in the original universe, saving many regions from danger. So it still could go ether way. Just because it has, "legend" in the title, it still doesn't mean that it's in the Legend universe. Never judge a book by it's cover.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#947 Posted: 04:19:54 10/11/2010
Exactly...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#948 Posted: 04:29:20 10/11/2010
I haz found sumthing

I dont care if its been found already
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#949 Posted: 04:32:08 10/11/2010
So it's only on Wii now?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#950 Posted: 04:37:09 10/11/2010
I'm guessing not..
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
First | Previous | Page 19 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me