Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What do you want the next Spyro game's theme to be?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What do you want the next Spyro game's theme to be? [CLOSED]
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#1 Posted: 23:59:15 13/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Since "The Legend of Spyro" games were meant to only be a trilogy, the next game will probably be something totally different. If that is indeed the case, then what would you want the next game's theme to be? For example, would you want the game to be more like the originals, or a completely new theme. What are your ideas?

smilie smilie
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 00:38:15 14/09/2010
Something mixed between the qualities of the Old and the New Spyro. Something that both Old and New Spyro fans can enjoy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#3 Posted: 02:44:32 14/09/2010
^ that is a great idea
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#4 Posted: 12:12:13 14/09/2010
Lighter with more elements of old.
Portals
Humor
More Platforming
Side quests/games
Swim underwater
Diverse levels (oceans, jungles, fantasy scapes, deserts, forests, etc.)
Weapons (cannons and other things, maybe with an LOS twist)
Diverse playable characters (something different from Spyro, eg.something that swims underwater (if Spyro can't), something that can go into harsh climates and spaces Spyro can't fit/survive in, etc.)
Power ups (for flight, invisiblility, invincibility, super speed, etc.)
More open levels that allow for exploration and free roaming
Hidden and unlockable areas
Collectables that actually contribute to the game

I don't mind keeping melee as long as it is minimalized (we could have minigames where you have to beat up all the enemies in a certain time limit, or incorporate it into fights with stronger non-boss enemies)
Keep the miltiple breaths, but make Spyro work to obtain them, either he needs to collect an artifact or learn the ability.
Keep the flashy look of the game (acrobatic melee, the light that comes off Spyro when he uses melee, fancy breath designs, etc.)

I'll think of more later.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#5 Posted: 12:30:55 14/09/2010
portals!
humor
bring back female chacters
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StartheDragon77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#6 Posted: 12:52:06 14/09/2010
It's going to continue. Just I believe it going to be called something different but it will still take place in the LoS. Because three games isn't enough.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#7 Posted: 12:53:38 14/09/2010
differnt is always good...excpet if youre a classic spyro fan
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#8 Posted: 17:39:35 14/09/2010
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Portals
Humor
More Platforming
Side quests/games
Swim underwater
Diverse playable characters (something different from Spyro, eg.something that swims underwater (if Spyro can't), something that can go into harsh climates and spaces Spyro can't fit/survive in, etc.)

I don't mind keeping melee as long as it is minimalized (we could have minigames where you have to beat up all the enemies in a certain time limit, or incorporate it into fights with stronger non-boss enemies)
Keep the miltiple breaths, but make Spyro work to obtain them, either he needs to collect an artifact or learn the ability.
Keep the flashy look of the game (acrobatic melee, the light that comes off Spyro when he uses melee, fancy breath designs, etc.)

Well, Spyro did use cannons in ANB and TEN to get through blocking obstacles.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#9 Posted: 18:09:01 14/09/2010
Portals
Humor
More Platforming
Side quests/games
Swim underwater

I didn't think melee was good. Felt not Spyroish.

Like Aura Said, I would like to see something to keep both fans satisfied. I would include
Cynder (Gonna regret that)
Ember
Flame
More Females
Hunter
Elora
Biancia
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#10 Posted: 18:23:16 14/09/2010
Insomniac probably kept the rights to Elora, unlike the rest of the old characters. I mean, why else haven't we seen her in recent Spyro games besides Ripto's Rage and YoTD?
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#11 Posted: 18:27:56 14/09/2010
Quote: Aura24
Insomniac probably kept the rights to Elora, unlike the rest of the old characters. I mean, why else haven't we seen her in recent Spyro games besides Ripto's Rage and YoTD?

Technically, she was in Spyro Purple or Crash Orange.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#12 Posted: 18:29:33 14/09/2010
Quote: Spyroo

Technically, she was in Spyro Purple or Crash Orange.

I only saw Biancia
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#13 Posted: 18:29:36 14/09/2010
http://www.spriters-resource.c...ion/sheet/25964
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:30:29 14/09/2010 by Spyroo
#14 Posted: 19:00:09 14/09/2010
Elora hasn't appeared in any Spyro games since YoTD, which is evidence that Insomniac kept the rights to her, unlike the other characters they created.
---
#15 Posted: 19:05:42 14/09/2010
She did appear on one of the trading cards but not in-game.
---
#16 Posted: 19:06:23 14/09/2010
Only as a cameo...
---
#17 Posted: 20:00:12 14/09/2010
Only as a cameo...

It's still an appearance, though.
---
#18 Posted: 20:10:13 14/09/2010
Not that much as an appearance...
---
Stormy Gold Sparx Gems: 2624
#19 Posted: 01:23:27 15/09/2010
Portals
Humor
More Platforming
Side quests/games
Swim underwater

I like this, especially the bolded part. While I often complain about the combat in LoS, I would not mind it at all if I didn't have to do it constantly until I stop thinking and my fingers start to hurt. smilie

I'm fine with the multiple breaths as well as long as they, one, make them actually useful in platforming instead of slightly varying attacks that do pretty much exactly the same things with different, pretty colors; and two, scrap "earth breath" and replace it with something that actually makes sense. I mean, what is earth breath supposed to be, anyway?

And if I can add one more thing: interesting characters. No more of this destiny-driven, flat, lifeless, personality-less protagonist stuff that appears in every fantasy cliche ever. I want to play as a character that's interesting, someone I can actually like.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#20 Posted: 01:38:10 15/09/2010
I'm not saying I want it this way, but I have an idea. I think that, whether everyone likes it or not, Spyro and Cynder fell in love at the end. Maybe the next one will be called something like

'The Legend of...' about Spyro and Cynder's child.

Again, I'm not saying I want this, but it's an idea of what might happen.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#21 Posted: 01:55:41 15/09/2010
^That's a cool one
---
#22 Posted: 02:39:50 15/09/2010
Really? I was just tossing random ideas out there smilie
---
#23 Posted: 02:48:20 15/09/2010
Randomness has succeeded once again smilie
---
#24 Posted: 02:50:17 15/09/2010
Lolness... I guess randomness works for me smilie
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#25 Posted: 08:42:57 15/09/2010
Quote: StartheDragon77
It's going to continue. Just I believe it going to be called something different but it will still take place in the LoS. Because three games isn't enough.

Yeah.... NO. You don't know that for sure. It's more that you WANT it to happened, not that you know. >.<

Anyway, I've mentioned many times what I want. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to say it again, as long as people don't start the flaming. I always get into detail with my posts, so I'm warning you, it could turn into a really long post, so don't even bother to type "tl;dr". >.<

A remake of ETD. They never finished it because of Universal, and I bet it would have been just as good as the first three if it was finished. It was originally going to have over 25 levels, 120 dragonflies to collect, and Gnasty was going to work with Ripto (just like the epilogue in YOTD). The bosses should be Crush, Gulp, Gnasty and Ripto (working together as the main boss at the end), maybe a brand knew boss who is Gnasty's servant or something. PS3 graphics would be awesome. I would love to see Monkey Monastery in PS3 graphics. And Bartholomew would be fluffier than ever. ^__^

Also, that house behind Bartholomew in Monkey Monastery would have been neat to explore. I would have loved to go inside it. smilie Bentley (along with a dragonfly) should be in there (holding onto his club), giving Spyro the old "Hey Spyro! It's great to see you again!" speech, but with bigger words.

After this remake, continue on from there, as if all the other **** we've been getting lately never happened.

I know I would get flamed, but I think Cynder should come back, but of course, remade to suit the original trilogy. She should look similar to her appearance in TEN. As for her personality, I think she should be an anti hero/neutral character, only helping Spyro because she just wants her own revenge, because the gnorcs made her waist her time clearing them out in her portal/home. She should be playable, along with the other characters in YOTD. :3 And.... I WANT ELORA BACK. ;__;

To make TLOS fans not so sad, the games should have mini games were you have to use knew combat similar to TLOS games, but better, and you are forced to press different buttons. I think someone else mentioned this.

I know the remake will never happened, so there is no need to point that out. ;__;

Hey, this post wasn't long at all. That's a first. smilie
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:24:51 15/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#26 Posted: 08:59:44 15/09/2010
I have a hunch they might continue in the LoS universe, which some fans dread, or Activision could force an Old Spyro game to be made, not just for the Old Spyro fans, but by just making it for money, or do another reboot that will change Spyro's character again and his world.
---
#27 Posted: 09:50:55 15/09/2010
If only they could do both, a TLOS and an Original Spyro game..... D:
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#28 Posted: 12:08:22 15/09/2010
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Quote: StartheDragon77

Yeah.... NO. You don't know that for sure. It's more that you WANT it to happened, not that you know. >.<

Anyway, I've mentioned many times what I want. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to say it again, as long as people don't start the flaming. I always get into detail with my posts, so I'm warning you, it could turn into a really long post, so don't even bother to type "tl;dr". >.<

A remake of ETD. They never finished it because of Universal, and I bet it would have been just as good as the first three if it was finished. It was originally going to have over 25 levels, 120 dragonflies to collect, and Gnasty was going to work with Ripto (just like the epilogue in YOTD). The bosses should be Crush, Gulp, Gnasty and Ripto (working together as the main boss at the end), maybe a brand knew boss who is Gnasty's servant or something. PS3 graphics would be awesome. I would love to see Monkey Monastery in PS3 graphics. And Bartholomew would be fluffier than ever. ^__^

Also, that house behind Bartholomew in Monkey Monastery would have been neat to explore. I would have loved to go inside it. smilie Bentley (along with a dragonfly) should be in there (holding onto his club), giving Spyro the old "Hey Spyro! It's great to see you again!" speech, but with bigger words.

After this remake, continue on from there, as if all the other **** we've been getting lately never happened.

I know I would get flamed, but I think Cynder should come back, but of course, remade to suit the original trilogy. She should look similar to her appearance in TEN. As for her personality, I think she should be an anti hero/neutral character, only helping Spyro because she just wants her own revenge, because the gnorcs made her waist her time clearing them out in her portal/home. She should be playable, along with the other characters in YOTD. :3 And.... I WANT ELORA BACK. ;__;

To make TLOS fans not so sad, the games should have mini games were you have to use knew combat similar to TLOS games, but better, and you are forced to press different buttons. I think someone else mentioned this.

I know the remake will never happened, so there is no need to point that out. ;__;

Hey, this post wasn't long at all. That's a first. smilie

So, thou pretty much want the game from my dream?
---
Keep smile
#29 Posted: 12:25:36 15/09/2010
^ The first part, pretty much. But not the rest. xD
---
#30 Posted: 13:44:49 15/09/2010

Wait, there was only one part smilie
---
Keep smile
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#31 Posted: 02:42:11 16/09/2010
If only they could do both, a TLOS and an Original Spyro game..... D:

Nintendo pretty much does that with The Legend of Zelda... They have the cartoony one, and the darker one to keep both fans happy...

Then again, that's Nintendo. This is Activision. smilie
#32 Posted: 02:43:48 16/09/2010
Activision, and the evil Kotick... *shudders*
---
#33 Posted: 20:10:39 16/09/2010
Quote: parisruelz12
differnt is always good...excpet if youre a classic spyro fan

Excuse me, not all old Spyro fans are opposed to change all together. I fo one like change just fine if it is needed, a good change and done right. Most people who dislike LOS do because they don't think the changes were necessary, good, or done right.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#34 Posted: 20:28:21 16/09/2010
Portals
Humor
More Platforming
Side quests/games
Swim underwater

Agreed smilie
I personally like the idea of continuing in TLoS Universe with elements from the Originals. And that's not just because I'm a fan of TLoS (i'm a fan of both for my own reasons), but because they shouldn't just dump TLoS. They can spiff it all up, and the atmosphere might be happier since Malefor and his Dark Magic is defeated and gone, instead of a dreary rather depressed atmosphere, as many people hated smilie... I know that if they really tried on this game, TLoS haters might just enjoy it.
Don't forget humor! As much as I enjoyed TLoS, it lost all humor in DotD.
Spyro needs a bit of a personality makeover... He needs to be more uppity and less serious, and I personally liked Sparx's personality in ANB. And I also love the personality NEW_SpyroLUVA gave Cynder in this tribute. I really think she should have a personality more like this in the next game.

Also, they should bring back Old characters, especially Female characters, and Flame, Ember, Bianca, & Elora.

But then again, this would be like my dream game. I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me or not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:24 16/09/2010 by Darby
#35 Posted: 21:03:57 16/09/2010
I wouldn't mind LOS if they kept some aspect of what Spyro is. It would have at least been tolerable if they had kept the old personality of Spyro.

But still, what, other than a return of Malefor, another evil one trying to take his place, or an evil greater than Malefor can they do with LOS?
---
#36 Posted: 23:01:17 16/09/2010
What if some evil villain made a spell backfire one day, and accidently combines to different dimensions? And coincidently, its orignal Spyro's and LoS Spyro's worlds! So the two meet for the first time, and hate each other. But then, the villain who combined the dimensions in the first place comes back to destroy BOTH worlds, so the two Spyro's have no choice but to work together.

You would get to play as both Spyro's. Each one would be better at different things (ex: Original has unlimited breath, but LoS has stronger breath)

So that's my idea... It probably wouldn't happen, though.
---
#37 Posted: 01:22:21 17/09/2010
hahaha that would be so awkward
---
#38 Posted: 01:23:17 17/09/2010
Lol, I know, right? smilie
---
#39 Posted: 06:18:02 17/09/2010
Quote: matesds

Wait, there was only one part o_O

I meant the first couple of sentences. xD
---
#40 Posted: 07:38:29 17/09/2010
Okay how about continuation of LoS but bring back the old characters.
---
From the day of my birth I was destinend to conquer darkness with a powerful gem. This is my destiny for I am Star the green dragoness.
#41 Posted: 07:42:15 17/09/2010
Fans would probably disagree with that...
---
#42 Posted: 07:57:21 17/09/2010
Whops, I suppose I should edit that double post. xD

If they do continue TLOS, then all I want is the return of the old characters, and no changing their personality to the opposite they're really are, like what they did to Spyro, Sparx and Hunter. Because if they did, then Bentley would be all stupid, Agent 9 would be all serious and his personality would be like a brick wall (like most of the characters in TLOS), Sgt. Byrd wouldn't work in the military and will just be an ordinary bird, Sheila, Elora and Bianca would all be high.... It would be horrible. DX

I also want it to be a little more light hearted, a better combat system (I'm stick of pressing that same button over and over), swimming, no free-flight, no SpyroxCynder, the return of Speedways and Skill Points (with a funny epilogue at the end of the game) and a little more tweaks and adjustments.

Sure, TLOS is a reboot, but it still should stick to were it came from in the first place.

Quote: Queen_Cynder
What if some evil villain made a spell backfire one day, and accidently combines to different dimensions? And coincidently, its orignal Spyro's and LoS Spyro's worlds! So the two meet for the first time, and hate each other. But then, the villain who combined the dimensions in the first place comes back to destroy BOTH worlds, so the two Spyro's have no choice but to work together.

You would get to play as both Spyro's. Each one would be better at different things (ex: Original has unlimited breath, but LoS has stronger breath)

So that's my idea... It probably wouldn't happen, though.

IMO, both Spyros would get along fine, despite there opposite personality. And I can't see how it would work. Original Spyro only has his flame breath, and he can only charge and do a head bash thingy. TLOS Spyro has different elements, he can charge, plus he has all these pointless moves with the circle button. One person will be button mashing, while the other would be killing enemies in an instant.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:10:02 17/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#43 Posted: 07:59:29 17/09/2010

If they do continue TLOS, then all I want is the return of the old characters, and no changing their personality to the opposite they're really are, like what they did to Spyro, Sparx and Hunter. Because if they did, then Bentley would be all stupid, Agent 9 would be all serious and his personality would be like a brick wall (like most of the characters in TLOS), Sgt. Byrd wouldn't work in the military and will just be an ordinary bird, Sheila, Elora and Bianca would all be high.... It would be horrible. DX

No, just no. But I respect that that's your speculation.

Even if they do have the characters redesigned and personality changed for the new universe if they continue with it, then they'll probably be way different than what you speculated.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 08:11:00 17/09/2010 by Aura24
#44 Posted: 08:26:02 17/09/2010
^ That is a good point. Pretty much the only orginal characters I want to see in LoS is Flame and Ember.

Hey I just realized something. If they countinue LoS do you think there will be
a new dragon as the fire gaurdian since Ignitus is now the Chroniculer?
---
#45 Posted: 08:30:56 17/09/2010
I don't think so. Since the trilogy was made to recreate Spyro's world and continue from there, then there's a chance that the next game won't be associated with the trilogy, but still in the same universe. Like Ignitus still alive, and other villian other than Malefor terrorizes the land.

And to some fans who thought the producers were out of ideas for the next villian and other things, they're wrong. They had possibly prepared the storyline and the new villian for the next game back in 2009, before Activision butted in and probably changed the game's universe and story setting just for some idea they think will get them more money from us Spyro fans.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:35:38 17/09/2010 by Aura24
#46 Posted: 08:35:10 17/09/2010
New Villian?! I hope that don't happen. I'm just one of the few fans that want Malefor to return. Why is there only a few fans that want him to come back including me? smilie
---
#47 Posted: 08:37:25 17/09/2010
Well, Malefor was the ultimate evil, and now that he's sealed away at the core of the world, other villians will probably spawn. Since "the world has been spiraling into chaos ever since" Malefor turned evil, and his evil influence probably corrupted some enemies. And don't forget about the remains of his Grublin army.
---
#48 Posted: 10:08:54 17/09/2010

Even if they do have the characters redesigned and personality changed for the new universe if they continue with it, then they'll probably be way different than what you speculated.

I wasn't completely serious. I was half joking. .__.

I don't think so. Since the trilogy was made to recreate Spyro's world and continue from there, then there's a chance that the next game won't be associated with the trilogy, but still in the same universe. Like Ignitus still alive, and other villian other than Malefor terrorizes the land.

And to some fans who thought the producers were out of ideas for the next villian and other things, they're wrong. They had possibly prepared the storyline and the new villian for the next game back in 2009, before Activision butted in and probably changed the game's universe and story setting just for some idea they think will get them more money from us Spyro fans.

If Activsion would to change it back to the originals, I would love the for ever. :D

Besides, they never said that they will continue on from TLOS universe in the first place. All they said was that it was made to recreate Spyro's universe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:14:24 17/09/2010 by DarkCynder_543
#49 Posted: 12:42:45 17/09/2010
Basically, that game from my dream was Originals with TLOS elements (Characters, some enemies, levels themed after them... At last two Cynders with different personalities...), from what I have shown in that dream, it looked like it would please hoge chunk of Spyro fanbase...
---
Keep smile
#50 Posted: 12:58:01 17/09/2010

I wasn't completely serious. I was half joking. .__.

If Activsion would to change it back to the originals, I would love the for ever. smilie

Besides, they never said that they will continue on from TLOS universe in the first place. All they said was that it was made to recreate Spyro's universe.

They never said they would go back to the originals either.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me