Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Do all female dragons have to look like Cynder?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Do all female dragons have to look like Cynder? [CLOSED]
Whitedragon Ripto Gems: 963
#1 Posted: 13:46:23 16/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Do all female dragons have to look like Cynder? The title says all.
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#2 Posted: 15:13:10 16/09/2009
Nope. In my opinion, Cynder is actually very different, due to the corruption. I'd say most females would be brighter colors, with more normal markings(flames like Ignitus, electric strikes like Volteer, etc), and be MUCH less skinny.

^He... just my opinion...
#3 Posted: 15:18:57 16/09/2009 | Topic Creator
My dragon has Spyro's head, but a quite slender body.
xx chloebabez Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#4 Posted: 15:49:33 16/09/2009
i'm guessing so. smilie i'd say all the females have the same head, body sculpture, you get the picture smilie but we dont exactly know as the only female dragon we see is cynder. smilie
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#5 Posted: 16:44:49 16/09/2009
Are you talking about fan characters?

Because I've noticed a lot of them do look like Cynder smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 16:46:07 16/09/2009
They all look the same because they all started out on Spyro's Lair where all the Dragons look the same smilie
#7 Posted: 17:03:31 16/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Ok. Does my female dragon (right on my DP) Look like a boy because it's just her head?
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#8 Posted: 17:15:23 16/09/2009
Quote: undertow25
Are you talking about fan characters?

Because I've noticed a lot of them do look like Cynder smilie

My fav Spyro artist at DA, Icelectricspyro, have lot of female characters, and most of them are VERY different from Cyn'
---
Keep smile
shadowcynder Green Sparx Gems: 137
#9 Posted: 20:50:55 16/09/2009
Uhm...not necesary....but she's styleis very cool and with this stayied like a "rule" in the fandragons smilie if you understand me smilie
---
MORE ONE IN MY LIST!!! spyro and cynder - poker face
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#10 Posted: 20:51:35 16/09/2009
Since the LoS creators are apparently sexist, the only female dragon we have any reference of at all is Cynder. We don't know if all female dragons tend to look like her or not. I imagine they share characteristics with Cynder, like being longer and more agile than the males, but I'm sure they aren't as starved-looking as she was. I also like to imagine that some of the red and blue dragons in Warfang are female. But, again, nobody knows and nobody will know unless the next game is set in the same world as LoS and we get to see more females.
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#11 Posted: 21:03:18 16/09/2009
Of course, I must ask this question:

Must every freaking dragon look like a Spyro dragon??! Where are all the other character dragons who are not based on Spyro the dragon at?
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder46 Blue Sparx Gems: 782
#12 Posted: 21:36:26 16/09/2009
I don't think so. Although it's out of the LoS series what about Ember? She was the only female dragon outside the LoS universe. But a female dragon could look like anything.
#13 Posted: 21:43:16 16/09/2009
^Most people pretend she doesn't exist for some reason.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#14 Posted: 22:01:07 16/09/2009
When the subject is the dragons of LoS, then, yes, they do need to look like LoS dragons. smilie

As for Ember, she and Nanny (who nobody remembers at all) were what female dragons look like in AHT.

There were a lot of baby female dragons in YotD. Whether they grow up to be females as adults is unclear since we never saw any adult females (I, personally, think the Insomniac dragons grow up to be gender neutral; the games themselves state that dragons don't reproduce biologically, and it's a fun idea to play with).
AssassinTyler Ripto Gems: 400
#15 Posted: 22:03:13 16/09/2009
since there is no refarence as to what a dragon rely is you get the china ones that looks like a snake e.g.

but most commen is this
http://www.draconian.com/body/finalskin.jpg
#16 Posted: 22:19:23 16/09/2009
There are many different kinds of dragons in mythology around the world, including at least five different types of western dragon (most of which many dragon fans don't know about).

Some wester dragons:
heraldic - four legs, wings and a tail
wyvern - two legs, wings and tail
lindwyrm - two legs, no wings, has a tail
gwyver - a big snake with a dragon head
amphiptere - a big, dragon-headed snake with wings

There are many kinds of Asian dragons, too, but the only ones I can remember off the top of my head are the Chinese (three toes), Korean (four toes) and Japanese (five toes). Most Asian dragons are weather gods or symbols of luck and power, whereas Western dragons often personified sins and the bestial nature of man in stories and myths.

In modern times, the styles of dragons are nearly endless. There are dragons in books (Anne McCaffrey's Pernese dragons are genetically engineered aliens), television (in "Avatar: the Last Airbender", Avatar Roku's dragon is a combination of Chinese and Western dragons), and just about everywhere else. The great thing about dragons is that they can be whatever an imaginative person wants them to be.

As for LoS and Spyro in general, these dragons have always been of the Western heraldic variety. In the older games (Insomniac through Shadow Legacy), they have the interesting ability to stand on their hind legs as they mature (all adult dragons are bipedal, while the youngsters are quadrupedal). In LoS, the dragons are more stereotypical (not surprising) and are quadrupedal throughout their lifetimes. DotD also introduced wyverns into the mix and it is implied that wyverns are a subspecies of dragons but are inferior in intelligence.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#17 Posted: 22:23:37 16/09/2009
I KNOW! So many fan chaacters look JUST like her! Violet being the most commonly known. She's basically Spyro in Cynder's body with a few differences and a new name. There are copies of her even! Sharley and Amy are thier names, immitating a rip off character is thier game!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#18 Posted: 22:45:50 16/09/2009
Well, to be fair, Ember set that precedent back in the day. She's literally just girl Spyro. smilie

But, yeah. I get tired of the Cynder knock-offs, too. One is bad enough. The LoS dragon characters I created back in the day when I still cared were pretty far removed from her (from stubby, wingless Berserker to the physically malformed pariah).
#19 Posted: 00:39:50 17/09/2009
Of course, then there are people who don't use the Spyro-style dragons at all...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#20 Posted: 01:29:02 17/09/2009
Or people who don't really care... e_e
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#21 Posted: 01:38:41 17/09/2009
Quote: HIR

Probably the best people right here. Just make some art and go on with it.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#22 Posted: 02:03:38 17/09/2009
I'm guessing they intended to have the female dragons with Cynder's anatomy. At least, that's what you can infer from Spyro's lair.

As for the dragon fandom in general, no.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#23 Posted: 02:33:12 17/09/2009
They'll probaly do make the others look like cynder. But i hope they dont.
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9603
#24 Posted: 04:47:18 18/09/2009
As for myself... I personally don't care much about having my dragons look like either Spyro or Cynder. Most likely they'd look a lot different.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Meadow Green Sparx Gems: 139
#25 Posted: 06:34:27 18/09/2009
do they have to? no
but do they? yes... because Cynder is the only one that fan made dragons owners can copy from...
#26 Posted: 11:58:53 18/09/2009
But why not be creative?! I know male fan dragons who are totally original; they were not copied from Spyro or the Guardians. Why can't more female fan dragons be like that????
---
#27 Posted: 21:27:01 18/09/2009
My character Cookie was a recolor of Spyro until I redesigned her. Now she isn't even used as a Spyro OC anymore.
#28 Posted: 22:22:42 18/09/2009
The big difference is that we get to see more than one male dragon in LoS and we see that they have some variety in their body shapes and designs (except in DotD, apparently; they all look pretty much the same there).

As stated (multiple times) above, Cynder is the only female dragon in the entire LoS series so far, thus she is the only point of reference.

Not all female fan dragons look like her (see above where I linked to Berserker, who is stubby and wingless, and the pariah, who is crippled and has a lot of male dragon characteristics). But most fans like Cynder, so they are content to use her as their character base.
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#29 Posted: 23:30:53 18/09/2009
I thought there was a Backroung Female dragon. Kind of a greenish color. In DotD. If I believe right before the Dam scene.
---
Don't mess with JAK
#30 Posted: 23:34:05 18/09/2009
Quote: JAK
I thought there was a Backroung Female dragon. Kind of a greenish color. In DotD. If I believe right before the Dam scene.

that was just a normal dragon, we cant tell if its male or female
#31 Posted: 23:37:18 18/09/2009
I think that's the one that everyone thinks is the Chronicler. From what I remember, he has the horn patterning and body style of a male.
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#32 Posted: 06:06:14 19/09/2009
All females don't look like Cynder, if they do they are her clones o.o How Spyro can regonise the real one? XP
Anyway, they should add more females on the games because if all dragons are male (expect Cynder) I can say that we see less and less dragons in a future
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#33 Posted: 06:09:48 19/09/2009
I'd say the have the same bodies, for genetical reasons, but different horns, marks...etc
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#34 Posted: 09:47:12 19/09/2009
All types of dragons should look different!
All the female dragons look like Cynder!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#35 Posted: 09:55:30 19/09/2009
I find it annoying when people make there dragon have about 7 different elements.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#36 Posted: 09:58:31 19/09/2009
^ Same. Spyro is supposed to be the special one for that, and it's just borderline Mary Sue

I've seen some female dragons that don't look like Cynder, like Razz's female dragons don't have the same body type. I guess the only reason why fans use Cynders is because it just looks cool, and they probably can't come up with their own awesome idea.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:00:32 19/09/2009 by undertow25
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#37 Posted: 10:02:18 19/09/2009
Yeah, purple dragons are the only ones who can master every element!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#38 Posted: 10:08:03 19/09/2009
Well, females are similar in a way, i mean that by bone structure and how everything would be arranged. I mean think about it, Cynder has her body go in a bit, sorta like an hour glass, just like human females do for help of giving birth if i remember right, so that would have to be the same in everyone.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#39 Posted: 11:57:26 19/09/2009
Quote: Cynder_fan
Well, females are similar in a way, i mean that by bone structure and how everything would be arranged. I mean think about it, Cynder has her body go in a bit, sorta like an hour glass, just like human females do for help of giving birth if i remember right, so that would have to be the same in everyone.

yeah. i'd say they all the have the hour glass curves and all that, the same head. but personality, horns, markings, colours would all be different.
#40 Posted: 12:04:20 19/09/2009
@ Cynder fan: true but some females would have a more difinitive curve than others. Like some would be maybe a bit chunky, others thin, etc. Just for the sake of diversity.

@Cynder_543 and undertow25: I agree with you both.
---
#41 Posted: 16:04:17 19/09/2009
You guys are confusing "hour glass curves" (a rare body type) with "larger hips" (a trait common in all human females). Women have hips that are about as wide or wider than their shoulders (which I guess is kind of an hourglass shape) while men's hips are smaller than their shoulders.

As for the dragons in LoS...

Males have: stouter bodies, more body decorations (spikes, frills, fancy tail ends, etc), more body armor, big and fancy horns, and stubby paws.

Females (well, what we've seen) have: longer bodies than males, more aerodynamic, no spikes along the back, thinner and less decorative wings, little to no body armor, simple horn configurations, more dexterous paws (almost hand-like).
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#42 Posted: 16:38:07 19/09/2009
Thinking about it, there are hardly any main female charactors, or even side charactors.

1. Cynder (Duh)
2. Zoe
3. And Ember depending on what you think a side charactor is. (Ember is quite popular, and by that I don't mean liked, I mean there is lots of fanfiction, fanart about her. Usually Cynder killing her)
4. Elora

*Searches brain*

Can't think of any more, the rest (Baby dragons, other fairys, Nanny) were in the game for a few seconds.
#43 Posted: 17:24:59 19/09/2009
^You forgot furry-bait Bianica and the Sorceress... and Sheila (although she might have been more of a side character, like Sgt. Byrd).

Nah, I think the whole problem is un-creativity and the fact that everyone's afraid of trying out something new.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#44 Posted: 18:22:21 19/09/2009
If I'm inventing a female adult dragon, I often make them slender like Cynder, cause I love her evil design.
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
#45 Posted: 19:42:18 19/09/2009
^Me, I tend to work with various builds, although they're always realistic. But yeah, Cynder's evil design is all good; it's what I used as the basis for when I made my anthro version of her, not the stupid looking big-eyed cutie-bunch one that everyone else does.

But then again, I was drawing anthro dragons long before I even heard of Cynder...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#46 Posted: 21:13:13 19/09/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
Quote: HIR

Probably the best people right here. Just make some art and go on with it.

Eh I suck at all drawing-related art. I don't have very good fine motor skills. I think I ranked in the 2nd percentile in a fine motor skills test I took rather recently. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#47 Posted: 04:09:06 20/09/2009
If you're going to use Cynder as your base model, this is what you do with it. smilie

Some other female dragons:
Grynnath
Eric (needs updating D: )
#48 Posted: 04:30:14 20/09/2009
Nah, I created all my own things... Besides, I used actual people that I knew and remembered from school and work as my models. smilie
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#49 Posted: 23:05:24 20/09/2009
Quote: Razz
If you're going to use Cynder as your base model, this is what you do with it. smilie

Some other female dragons:
Grynnath
Eric (needs updating D: )

It's amazing!
THEdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#50 Posted: 23:11:03 20/09/2009
Spyro and the guardians are western/European dragons, Cynder is a different kind of dradon. I've seen fan characters, some male, that look like her. Cynder's kind of dragon has a more slender body, a beaked mouth, multiple long smooth horns, no frills and a bladed tail. Also, the cuff things might actually be part of her.

Just my opinion.
---
I am a proud fan of YouTube Poop!
And Class of 3000!!!!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me