Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 9 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#401 Posted: 00:55:48 10/03/2012
^Apparently it does, I don't have a PS3 copy of the game to check though
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#402 Posted: 08:26:43 10/03/2012
Quote: faitaru
I gather the 3DS portal is wired USB. Anyone know if it works in a PS3?

The 3DS portal is wireless. It uses infra red to communicate with the console. However, it can also be connected to a PC via mini USB-B male to USB-A male cable which comes included. It apparently works with the PS3 but I haven't checked it. You can't fit more than one figurine on the portal at any one time. I'll add pictures to show you in a minute.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#403 Posted: 08:39:36 10/03/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
Quote: faitaru
I gather the 3DS portal is wired USB. Anyone know if it works in a PS3?

The 3DS portal is wireless. It uses infra red to communicate with the console. However, it can also be connected to a PC via mini USB-B male to USB-A male cable which comes included. It apparently works with the PS3 but I haven't checked it. You can't fit more than one figurine on the portal at any one time. I'll add pictures to show you in a minute.

3DS portal works with 3DS via sensor, ps3 and wii via the usb cord they give with the 3ds portal. also yes you can fit more than one character on the portal as i have fit 2 characters + an item you just gotta hang the characters a little off the side.

and here is how you do it
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:18:33 10/03/2012 by Gaiaknight
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#404 Posted: 09:04:23 10/03/2012
ANY CHANCE THAT PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY FREAKIN' STAY ON TOPIC !!!!

* * * The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread * * *
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#405 Posted: 09:21:10 10/03/2012
Quote: t7gga
ANY CHANCE THAT PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY FREAKIN' STAY ON TOPIC !!!!

* * * The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread * * *

I appreciate your point, but we just like to procrastinate between hunting sessions. It's just a forum.

I'm going to GAME this morning before work to use my trade-in credit before they go bust. Maybe I'll find some 'landers.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#406 Posted: 09:30:35 10/03/2012
Well, we need something to talk about when we're not hunting for figures smilie

And it stops people posting new topics.

Plus, it doesn't explicitly say that it is for JUST looking for Skylanders.

It's the "UK Skylanders Hunters" thread - therefore, if you live in the UK, and are looking for Skylanders, this is where you go. Plus, helping each other means that they are more likely to keep an eye out and share what they find
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#407 Posted: 10:30:54 10/03/2012
Our GAME and Gamestation still don't have any Skylanders, but I managed to pick up some games on the cheap and use the last of my reward points in both stores.

I just hope that they'll have Wave 3 available soon. Maybe I'll speak to an American friend and see if they can import the rest. I dont want to be buying these figures past the Giants release date.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Hades Green Sparx Gems: 214
#408 Posted: 15:40:57 10/03/2012
I've got all mine from the USA via a friend, waiting forever in the UK. We have every Skylander released now bar the rare different coloured ones (or toy fair specials). TRU USA lets me order and pay and ship to my mate (invoice to me) smilie He then ships on to to me.

My local Tesco has no Skylanders whosoever now, not even starter packs smilie
#409 Posted: 16:49:31 10/03/2012
That's good to know, Hades - I know a lot of US sites have an issue with non-US addresses ordering from them.
---
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#410 Posted: 17:02:30 10/03/2012
I did a quick ring around to Smyths Charlton, Smyths Chadwell and Friern Barnet and TRU Old Kent Road on a quick search for Cynder. All of the above didn't have her with TRU telling me the newest figure they had was Drill Sarg. TRU also confirmed there is a some sort of special shipment due in the end of the month. My educated guess is that is their Legendary Triple Pack restock as it's due on the web site on the 22nd March.

Smyths Charlton are hoping to have her in during the week, but that is best information they have.

Hope that help everyone smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#411 Posted: 18:01:47 10/03/2012
If they do online orders without absurd shipping costs, yes. Our nearest Smyths is two hours away! smilie
---
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#412 Posted: 18:47:52 10/03/2012
Hi I am new to the forums and I ordered the DT, WW and DS triple off Amazon, and it came on Friday. Unfortunately, Double Trouble didn't work. I went to my local Smyths(Rayleigh Weir) and they said that they recieved Cynder and Double Trouble, but had all sold out. I found the triple at the Argos next door though, and DT rocks! Hopefully, Amazon will send my Cynder that I pre-ordered soon.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#413 Posted: 18:58:23 10/03/2012
My nearest Smyths is Charlton. It can take between 15-50 minutes depending if I can make the correct train change or end up going around the circuit.

Diagram example:

/===C=========\
<-London===X|===A==========|=Dartford->
\===B=========/

Charton is C and I live between Station A (Kidbooke) and Station B (Lee). Station X is Blackheath. If I am lucky to catch a train that stops at Blackheath then I can catch a train that goes on the Charlton track. Going back is more the problem as there isn't that many trains that go from Charlton towards London that stop in Blackheath, so I either have to go all the way into Lewisham or London and double back or ride the train all around back to Lee. The round trip takes the 50 minutes or so.
When I got my DT/WW/DS triple pack it took me three hours before I got back home, but I did browse around the shops after I got the Skylanders smilie

Slightly off topic I know, but if it is any use to anyone I did try both Currys and PC World in Charlton and only PC World had a Skylanders triple pack in stock. it was however the Eruptor/Chop-Chop/Bash triple pack that I already had *_*
---
faitaru Green Sparx Gems: 137
#414 Posted: 00:10:58 12/03/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
3DS portal works with 3DS via sensor, ps3 and wii via the usb cord they give with the 3ds portal. also yes you can fit more than one character on the portal as i have fit 2 characters + an item you just gotta hang the characters a little off the side.

Thanks, appreciate the info.

I stopped by Bristol/Cribbs Causeway today to see if they had any stock in; nothing but starter packs. I did ask the guy in there about the 3DS portal and he told me it *wouldn't* work with PS3. I'm more tempted to trust information on here though.

Meanwhile BT have disconnected my landline for some reason while I was away for the weekend smilie Will be absent from here until Wednesday at the earliest, by which point I will hopefully have DLC and the WB/SB/SE triple!!
---
Current Skylander count: 31/37

Still need: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#415 Posted: 00:31:32 12/03/2012
you just have to make sure its plugged in before you start the game otherwise it looks for the ps3 portal
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#416 Posted: 16:47:48 12/03/2012
Bash arrived today smilie
#417 Posted: 18:17:19 12/03/2012
Who did you order Bash from?
---
#418 Posted: 21:21:06 12/03/2012
^Play.com, from the site themselves rather than an external seller
#419 Posted: 08:13:15 13/03/2012
Yeah, sometimes you can get lucky and see the figures for a decent price on sites like Play. Thankfully I've not got any more I need until the new waves actually hit!
---
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#420 Posted: 08:46:27 13/03/2012
Darklight Crypt in stock at Amazon UK.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#421 Posted: 11:07:39 13/03/2012
Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant singles available on play.com for £7.99 right now (and Eruptor, Flameslinger and Chop Chop if anyone cares).

Edit: Actually they're not, nowhere on the order did it say they weren't in stock/were pre-order but after ordering them it told me they are "Awaiting Stock"... Grrr!
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:38:44 13/03/2012 by Deandria
#422 Posted: 12:31:58 13/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant singles available on play.com for £7.99 right now (and Eruptor, Flameslinger and Chop Chop if anyone cares)

Thank you for the tip, I ordered two Cynders (one for me, one for my real flesh and blood friend) and a Flameslinger. As soon as I went through to the final part of the order though, all three figures are on the status: "Awaiting Stock", despite no mention of this earlier on. *Sigh* We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

In other news I rang Smyths Charlton for Cynder (before clicking on her and ordering via Play.com). The guy said they would not get another Skylanders delivery for another 5 days, oh and Cynder "we had him on Friday and he sold out straight away". smilie

The stocking of Skylanders is one of the most irritating part of the whole hobby /end rant
---
#423 Posted: 12:54:18 13/03/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant singles available on play.com for £7.99 right now (and Eruptor, Flameslinger and Chop Chop if anyone cares)

Thank you for the tip, I ordered two Cynders (one for me, one for my real flesh and blood friend) and a Flameslinger. As soon as I went through to the final part of the order though, all three figures are on the status: "Awaiting Stock", despite no mention of this earlier on. *Sigh* We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Oh crud, I just checked and my Cynder (I was thinking of getting Flameslinger too but decided not to) says that too smilie but it does say estimated delivery 3 - 5 working days so I'll cling to that optomistic little line and hope to see my Cynder some time next week (though by Friday would be best as I'll be within checking distance of 2 Smyths and a different TRU over the weekend).
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
machmandp Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#424 Posted: 14:16:48 13/03/2012
today TRU in Oldbury had a few singles of Eruptor and also had the new WW/DT/DS pack in as well as some other 3 packs

Tesco in Redditch also had the same but had Single Chop Chop, Sonic Boom & Stealth Elf
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#425 Posted: 14:31:21 13/03/2012
Toysrus online seem to have some triple packs in stock- Drobot/ Flamesinger/ Stump Smash, Wrecking Ball/ Stealth Elf/ Sonic Boom and Whirlwind/ Double Trouble/ Drill Sergeant (That image is JUST whirlwind though)

And yeah, Play says an estimated date of 1-2 weeks or so for delivery for wave 3, but if you look at the ones that are actually in stock... they say "In stock" on the same line as the buy button on their own personal pages.
I thought of ordering Cynder, but then I noticed she didn't seem to actually be in stock...
Edit- Should say something like this:
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - Character Pack (Eruptor)
Write a review
£7.99 Free delivery BUY
In Stock Sold by Play.com
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:32:44 13/03/2012 by Astrail
#426 Posted: 14:42:44 13/03/2012
Quote: Astrail
And yeah, Play says an estimated date of 1-2 weeks or so for delivery for wave 3

Could you tell me where it says that?

Oh and I edited my earlier post to say they're not in stock so as to not cause any more confusion... hopefully...
---
#427 Posted: 15:10:05 13/03/2012
On Play.com, Eruptor, Flameslinger and Cynder all have "usually dispatched within 3-5 days" clearly stated on the item page along with the price and big orange BUY button. Eruptor has an extra piece of "Express Delivery" available. I didn't buy Eruptor today (I have an extra one already :/), so I can't tell if he comes "Awaiting Stock" upon purchase. It is fairly annoying that the site is lying about the status of stock until the order has gone into the final stages. The next 3-5 days are going to be an interesting wait...
---
#428 Posted: 15:12:30 13/03/2012
Yeah curse play.com for making me look like a liar/idiot *shakes fist*
---
#429 Posted: 16:29:29 13/03/2012
Not your fault at all Deardria. Play.com did a similar thing over the Chrimbo hols, say that items were in stock. It was easy to spot back then as they had a dispatch time of weeks on every item.
---
#430 Posted: 16:39:40 13/03/2012
Okay that's really not on... over Christmas? I really hope they didn't disappoint a load of kids.

But I've still got my fingers crossed that their 3-5 working days estimate is accurate...
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13977
#431 Posted: 17:09:18 13/03/2012
Back in February I ordered Empire of Ice from Play.com when it had a 3-5 day dispatch notice and they did indeed post it 3 days later.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#432 Posted: 18:56:42 13/03/2012
I would certainly trust Play.com over Zavvi (never pre-ordering from them again), although they're still a bit iffy sometimes.
---
#433 Posted: 19:09:21 13/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I would certainly trust Play.com over Zavvi (never pre-ordering from them again), although they're still a bit iffy sometimes.

Same. I thought Zavvi had a bunch in stock because it said "buy" instead of "out of stock".
This was back in late January sometime?
Apparently they weren't going to be shipped until March 30th. No way am I going to wait that long for something that looked in stock :/.

Also, Amazon appears to have Zap and Drill Sergeant in stock if anyone is looking. May take an additional 2 days for delivery though
In fact, it seems to be a back order?? More Skylanders MAY be coming from
Edit- They also have Chop Chop
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:45 13/03/2012 by Astrail
#434 Posted: 19:20:03 13/03/2012
I've been holding out for the Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang triple, I've had Zap in my Amazon 'saved for later' so I've seen him come into stock a couple of times but at £9.99 I'd rather pay an extra £10 (or £7 in Currys/PC World) to get Hex who I quite like and Dino-Rang as an added extra.
---
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#435 Posted: 19:24:51 13/03/2012
I've been holding out for the Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang triple, I've had Zap in my Amazon 'saved for later' so I've seen him come into stock a couple of times but at £9.99 I'd rather pay an extra £10 (or £7 in Currys/PC World) to get Hex who I quite like and Dino-Rang as an added extra.

Asda online has zap triple £18. Get it quick!
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#436 Posted: 19:32:02 13/03/2012
Quote: Geekycat
Asda online has zap triple £18. Get it quick!

Can you link me to it? Or tell me what you searched? I tried Skylanders, Skylander, Spyro and Zap and got no results.
---
#437 Posted: 19:34:04 13/03/2012
You need to go through Asda Direct, not the main grocery page PX

http://direct.asda.com/Skyland...default,pd.html

Edit- they've also got Eruptor/ chop chop/ Bash triple in stock. But thats it
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:44 13/03/2012 by Astrail
#438 Posted: 19:40:50 13/03/2012
Thanks, I got lost in their site... seriously... what's up with that? I'm not some sort of idiot, I've been using the internet since 1996 and I'm just a dissertation short of a degree in Web Development and I can't find an item on Asda's online store >.<

Edit: Does anyone have any experience ordering from ShopTo.net? My husband ordered me EoI as a Mother's Day present (from my Daughter who will be exactly 5 months old on Mother's Day) and on the site when he ordered it it said that orders placed before the 14th would be guaranteed to be delivered by the 16th (or you get £5.00 credit off your next order) but he's had no emails from them aside from the order confirmation that doesn't mention this or the estimated delivery date and now the site says that if you order before the 28th it will be guaranteed to be delivered by the 30th and his order is not viewable on their site nor is any credit. This makes me a bit suspicious...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:16 13/03/2012 by Deandria
#439 Posted: 21:01:01 13/03/2012
Quote:
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent
to:

-removed-

using Royal Mail.

For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please visit:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

Your order #202-8710620-4000305 (received February 01, 2012)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Delivery Subtotal

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Skylanders Spyro's Adventu... £7.49 1 £7.49

Dispatched via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: Saturday, March 17, 2012).

Item Subtotal: £6.24
Delivery and handling: £0.00
VAT: £1.25

Pre-order Guarantee: -£0.00

Total: £7.49

GUESS WHO'S ON THEIR WAY?
#440 Posted: 21:18:31 13/03/2012
Cynder??
Amazon are sending them out?
Darn, kinda wish I ordered from them now smilie

No word from HMV yet, but I think I'm going to spend some of tomorrow going on another hunt to see if any stores have got her.
Because I totally didn't torture myself enough last week with that much walking smilie
---
#441 Posted: 21:23:28 13/03/2012
Cynder, yup!

And yup! i was surprised, thought they'd take a bit longer
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#442 Posted: 21:59:24 13/03/2012
Guys, try not to search GAME from now on. They're struggling to get hold of new games, let alone new figures, and they could be dead in about two weeks if things go badly from now.
---
Eh.
#443 Posted: 22:00:58 13/03/2012
^I heard that... I should probably see if I have anything on my loyalty card and spend it asap.
---
#444 Posted: 22:11:26 13/03/2012
I rarely search in them for stock, since I haven't seen them get any for months.

Really hope they manage to pull through though.... they're the only specialist store in the high streets now :/ (The only Gamestations I know of are gone.... don't know if they're anything but an online business nowadays). And they have more (And cheaper!) stock than any HMV
But yeah... might have to see whats on my card as well and wonder if I should spend it on some cheap preowned games in their current sale
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#445 Posted: 22:12:32 13/03/2012
Game won't be dead, it'll just be under new management. But I would give up on the search at game if I were you. A friend of mine works at the upstairs game in Bluewater and the amount of times he gets asked about skylanders is unreal. Truth be told is that Game shops across the country have had bugger all Skylanders since Christmas, and it's very very unlikely that they will get anymore before the 'mass release' Activision is supposedly readying.
But, my friend has also promised that as soon as they get more Skylanders in, or even mentioned, he'll inform me, and you guys will be the first I tell. smilie
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#446 Posted: 22:16:50 13/03/2012
Quote: Astrail
I rarely search in them for stock, since I haven't seen them get any for months.

Really hope they manage to pull through though.... they're the only specialist store in the high streets now :/ (The only Gamestations I know of are gone.... don't know if they're anything but an online business nowadays). And they have more (And cheaper!) stock than any HMV
But yeah... might have to see whats on my card as well and wonder if I should spend it on some cheap preowned games in their current sale

Gamestation are owned by Game, if Game goes under so do Gamestation... They do still have high street shops, I regularly visit my local one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:35 13/03/2012 by Deandria
#447 Posted: 22:19:44 13/03/2012
No word from Amazon yet on my end... Boo! Hopefully I'll get an email soon, as well. Either way, I have Cynder/Double Trouble ordered on Play, Amazon AND HMV, so I hope one will come through.

Anyone who has GAME/Gamestation points or gift cards should really spend them ASAP. If anything happens to them, be it new ownership or going into administration, those things will be useless.
---
#448 Posted: 22:22:19 13/03/2012
^When did you place your order? Mine is from 2nd Feb, so they may be doing it in order? Or did you have both in the same order?
#449 Posted: 22:35:02 13/03/2012
I know Gamestation is owned by Game (Which is why I haven't been checking their website for skylanders! If Game don't have them, Gamestation probably wont either!). But I know the two stores closest to me- Watford and Camden, are gone. Shame, because they're good for preowned stuff. I was hoping to find a really old PS1/ newer PS2 so I could play the classic Spyros (as my PS2 can't play PS1 games anymore x.x)

And I would think going under new ownership/ administration wouldn't affect the loyalty cards? I dunno, by saying "yeah you cant use this any more" is a good way to annoy frequent shoppers and stop them coming back- which is what a struggling store really needs! Though still a good idea to spend them in case the store goes completely.

Edit- Looked on Amazon
They're getting Flameslinger in stock tomorrow!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:00 13/03/2012 by Astrail
#450 Posted: 08:10:49 14/03/2012
Quote: bisylizzie
^When did you place your order? Mine is from 2nd Feb, so they may be doing it in order? Or did you have both in the same order?

4th February. I did originally have mine in the same order, and then I realised that that would cause me to have to wait, so I cancelled and placed it separately.
---
First | Previous | Page 9 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me