darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 614 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#30651 Posted: 04:39:59 11/11/2017
We have literally nothing on the game except small details how are we already somewhat getting a release date???

Can we have info pls thanks
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#30652 Posted: 17:17:45 11/11/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Wait since when is sky dad a careless narcissist

Since Wdrumz exposed him

EDIT: mobile game is still coming in Q1 2018 http://www.develop-online.net/...-growth/0237274

Oh, right.
Good god this franchise was on top if the world back in 2012-2013
It was the top dog and now we're waiting months on end for details on a mobile game and season 3 of the show
I just want 1 more game, that's IT. 1 more to serve as a proper finale instead of Imaginators ending on a cliffhanger with no punchline. Superchargers' story was fantastic, it would have been the perfect final game if the game itself was good lmao
I kid I kid I thought SC was ok. But yeah we should get a proper sendoff with a good story like SC and well that's all I'm asking for really. Although these games are all for the most part self contained stories, for some reason it always felt to me like they were slowly building up to something. What with SC's story with Kaos finally winning and Eon assembling the superchargers as a rebel team and the dark themes with Glumshanks' sacrifice and the darkness and Kaos' internal turmoil over pressing the button to end everything, it really felt like it was finally culminating into something great. The Imaginators was Kaos makes doomlander, fight, rinse and repeat, which wasn't awful chapter wise but really stale story wise.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#30653 Posted: 17:35:34 11/11/2017

Since Wdrumz exposed him

EDIT: mobile game is still coming in Q1 2018 http://www.develop-online.net/...-growth/0237274

I don't suppose you could provide a link to this Wdrumz exposing them? I tried looking earlier but I couldn't see anything, and I'd be quite interested in seeing how they're a bad bunch. I've not seen much of Skylanderboyandgirl's content since I first heard of the game, and even then I wasn't particularly interested in their style.

Thanks for the article too. It doesn't tell me much, but good to know the developer's still going strong I guess. smilie
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30654 Posted: 17:45:44 11/11/2017
Quote: Johnbonne

Since Wdrumz exposed him

I don't suppose you could provide a link to this Wdrumz exposing them? I tried looking earlier but I couldn't see anything, and I'd be quite interested in seeing how they're a bad bunch. I've not seen much of Skylanderboyandgirl's content since I first heard of the game, and even then I wasn't particularly interested in their style.

Thanks for the article too. It doesn't tell me much, but good to know the developer's still going strong I guess. smilie

He doesn't say there names but he heavily implied that it's them.
https://youtu.be/wDJT2Jzo5dw
#30655 Posted: 19:48:02 11/11/2017
Quote: Johnbonne

Since Wdrumz exposed him

He doesn't say there names but he heavily implied that it's them.
https://youtu.be/wDJT2Jzo5dw

Cheers for sharing. Wdrumz seems like a nice enough person to trust and their story was detailed. I won't judge SB&G too harshly when I don't watch their content either and I've only seen a few people's general opinions, but I reckon I'll be avoiding their content with this in mind. smilie
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#30656 Posted: 03:13:26 12/11/2017
In case it hasnt been stated previously, Our local ToysRUs had/and is having B1G4 free SkyLanders this week and next week, check your local TRU! smilie
11/05-11/18
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30657 Posted: 18:02:19 12/11/2017

Since the first time someone on the internet paid attention to him, I'm guessing.

Unrelated, I just found THREE Eon's Elite Ghost Roasters at Marshall's (an overstock/post-popularity brand clothing store). smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30658 Posted: 21:55:44 12/11/2017
Are you talking about Academy's episode 1?
---
Bruh
FlyingHigh Green Sparx Gems: 470
#30659 Posted: 16:51:01 13/11/2017
Please guys help me...
I have a power punch pet vac in easter package and do not want to put it out of the package. When I put the figue on a portal nothing happens. Is my figure defect or is it because of the package that the figure stands to high to get contact with the portal. All other figures don´t get a problem except of the easter
dive bomber... Thank you for helping smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10104
#30660 Posted: 16:59:39 13/11/2017
I think some packages are too far, and a Mini might have less surface area for the portal to catch at a distance. Can't be sure without removing the package, but try testing a Mini with something on the way at the same height, maybe?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#30661 Posted: 17:04:32 13/11/2017
Quote: FlyingHigh
Please guys help me...
I have a power punch pet vac in easter package and do not want to put it out of the package. When I put the figue on a portal nothing happens. Is my figure defect or is it because of the package that the figure stands to high to get contact with the portal. All other figures don´t get a problem except of the easter
dive bomber... Thank you for helping smilie

I can't say for certain but based on pictures I can see of the packaging, it would need to come out of the box to be used. Don't open it before you get some concrete answers from other users though (but I doubt it's the figure itself that's the problem).
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#30662 Posted: 04:54:33 14/11/2017
[User Posted Image]
anyone do find that kaos face marking do look like those black metal corpse paint?
---
THE END IS NEAR
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#30663 Posted: 01:39:19 15/11/2017
When ur comment is deleted for Off-Topic ;-;

Oh and just to stay on topic,

I have not been paying attention for awhile and im guessing we have like nothing on the next game or the RPG but like, anything?
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
#30664 Posted: 12:40:48 15/11/2017
Nope, just that it's in the works. Com2us has been growing a fair bit and has a lot of new games tho, which I didn't know.
---
#30665 Posted: 13:08:59 15/11/2017
Beginning of 2018, Q1 2018, March 2018 being the latest for its release.

December or January has got to be when they reveal it. I'm leaning towards a January reveal. I say this since I highly doubt the reveal would be February.
tachoppers Green Sparx Gems: 133
#30666 Posted: 16:56:23 15/11/2017
Q1 is February, march, and april. Business year starts in February.
#30667 Posted: 17:17:01 15/11/2017
Quote: tachoppers

Q1 starts in Jaunury. (Talking about the four quarters of the year)

Q1: Jan,Feb,Mar
Q2:Apr,May,June
Q3:Jul,Aug,Sep
Q4smiliect,Nov,Dec
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30668 Posted: 17:58:35 15/11/2017

Q1 starts in Jaunury. (Talking about the four quarters of the year)

Q1: Jan,Feb,Mar
Q2:Apr,May,June
Q3:Jul,Aug,Sep
Q4smiliect,Nov,Dec

Oh sorry, I guess Buisness doesn't exist then
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#30669 Posted: 19:20:59 15/11/2017
Was lookin through the Internet and one of the IGN sites (IGN Hungary) posted this article: http://hu.ign.com/m/skylanders...landers-jatekot

I wasn't able to translate the entire thing but I came across this one particular part: "If all is true, not only will the Skylanders series continue, but it is almost certain that it is a generation that is already in sight."

I'm currently walking home from school right now but just in case this is anything significant, I wanted to post it here. I won't be able to respond to any replies fr the next 20 or so minutes. See you all in a bit
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#30670 Posted: 19:27:21 15/11/2017
I’ll translate it, but it’s google translate, so it won’t be perfect.
Quote:
It is often the case that different companies are hurting new video games based on job advertisements for their unreported projects. There is a strong suspicion that this is the case, while Toys for Bob recruits Unreal 4 engine engine engineers for the next unpublished, award-winning and highly successful series. This may have been so far, but considering that the company has been devoting exclusively Skylanders games since 2011 (they have made Spyro's Adventure, Giant, Trap Team and Imaginator last year), it's easy to assemble the picture . If all is true, not only will the Skylanders series continue, but it is almost certain that it is a generation that is already in sight.

Although Toys for Bob has been working for Activision for a while now, it is a very big company. The company was founded in 1989 by Paul Reiche III (CEO of the company), Fred Ford and Terry Falls, in 1989, in the golden age of video games, and then with their very memorable programs they put their contacts in Star Control and Star Control II in 1990 and 1992. The company did not disappear after all, as the Horde, the very memorable Pandemonium, which has become much more popular than ever in the country! and the PlayStation exclusive The Unholy War belongs to their name. After that, a major breakthrough took place, the company ventured into Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure (102 DIMENSIONS: Pippies to the Rescue) and other rental jobs until 2011, when Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, which has been the only way to produce different sequences for this series.

And by not perfect I mean... um...
---
Soon.
#30671 Posted: 19:29:10 15/11/2017
Not news. They're speculating that the job openings mean new Skylanders, then say that Paul Reiche worked on Star Control for some reason and fail to notice he's working on the new one. Not sure what's going on the writer's mind to think that's worth an article.
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#30672 Posted: 23:52:46 15/11/2017
I just can't see a 7th game happening. The genre is dead. The other major TTL games have died, and they were really successful, for a while. Then, demand died. After that, the games died. People just don't want these games anymore. EA is doing something similar to Skylanders, and look at the backlash they are receiving.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#30673 Posted: 00:29:46 16/11/2017
Dooon't compare it to Battlefront 2 2017, Acti is trying out this kind of scummy method but for COD and Destiny instead. We're not buying a lootbox for a random chance at a Wolfgang(Imaginite Parts are free). And if they did that, then this fandom would become a ghost town faster than Infinity Guru.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:45 16/11/2017 by Bifrost
#30674 Posted: 06:07:32 16/11/2017
Quote: TrapGiant
I just can't see a 7th game happening. The genre is dead. The other major TTL games have died, and they were really successful, for a while. Then, demand died. After that, the games died. People just don't want these games anymore. EA is doing something similar to Skylanders, and look at the backlash they are receiving.

Do you mean Ubisoft with Starlink? Or are EA working on a toys-to-life game? I can't speak for anyone else but either way I'm interested at the very least.
tachoppers Green Sparx Gems: 133
#30675 Posted: 02:32:00 17/11/2017
I said business year starts in February so get your facts strait before you try to correct someone. Fiscal years start in February for businesses
#30676 Posted: 12:26:30 17/11/2017
I said business year starts in February so get your facts strait before you try to correct someone. Fiscal years start in February for businesses

Well I wasn't reffering to business year so instead of being snappy, you could've just said ah ok then or whatever
#30677 Posted: 12:56:31 17/11/2017

Well I wasn't reffering to business year so instead of being snappy, you could've just said ah ok then or whatever

how do you exist?-Proton Jon 2014
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#30678 Posted: 13:52:56 17/11/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

I think the question befalls on you how do YOU exist?

(Not starting anything just poking fun)
#30679 Posted: 14:57:51 17/11/2017

I think the question befalls on you how do YOU exist?

(Not starting anything just poking fun)

A question that has had us human beings quirrled from the beginning of time
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#30680 Posted: 17:26:16 17/11/2017
I MIGHT get LIM today. MIGHT.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#30681 Posted: 00:09:46 19/11/2017

I think a 7th game is very likely. Maybe not TTL, possibly just a reboot without figures - but either way, I don't think Acti will give up easily. Not until they've milked out every possible gimmick or concept they can think of.

Or they could focus on making a great Skylanders game that eventually becomes a famous cult classic, but Acti wouldn't do something like that unless it had potential to sell millions instantly.

Come to think of it, we're really just trying to justify keeping alive a franchise that was made to die as soon as it stopped breaking records. Acti don't care what they're making as long as they milk as much money as possible out of it, pretty much. I'd be surprised if they intended otherwise.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5399
#30682 Posted: 04:55:46 19/11/2017
I'd say the only slight reason to have hope for at least one more game is because the competition is dead. Without Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions, Skylanders has nothing to contend with in the TTL aisle (aside from Amiibo, but Skylanders and Amiibo don't directly compete, hence why they crossed over). It would be like the days of SSA and Giants, when Skylanders had no direct competition.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#30683 Posted: 15:37:11 19/11/2017
Quote: Muffin Man
I'd say the only slight reason to have hope for at least one more game is because the competition is dead. Without Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions, Skylanders has nothing to contend with in the TTL aisle (aside from Amiibo, but Skylanders and Amiibo don't directly compete, hence why they crossed over). It would be like the days of SSA and Giants, when Skylanders had no direct competition.

I agree. When LD ended one common comment I've seen among the fans was that they were gonna shift from LD to Skylanders.
#30684 Posted: 17:11:55 19/11/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

I'm not as optimistic. While it is true people have to do a lot less fretting trying to figure out which Toys-to-Life game they want, I wonder how many people out there even care at this point. Did the competition throw in the towel because there weren't enough people to justify continuing it, and therefore mean that Skylanders won't benefit at all from cornering a market where there's no demand (at least in Activision's eyes)? And I doubt very much that the buzz from TTL is the same as when SSA and Giants were around.

But I see your points. It's an interesting theory you have.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3461
#30685 Posted: 13:14:08 21/11/2017

Kinda funny that I am just watching a RunawayGuys video when I came on to this topic.

On a more Skylanders note, I have a feeling we might get the last part of Imaginators (being the last five/eight creation crystal single packs and a more widespread release of the Mage and probably Heartbreaker Buckshot) by around the start of 2018. I still have a shred of hope for this franchise.
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#30686 Posted: 19:56:45 25/11/2017
This forum is officially Infinity Guru
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#30687 Posted: 20:53:55 25/11/2017
Quote: Dark35

We still have Offtopic.
---
#30688 Posted: 21:37:11 25/11/2017

Not for long. Once we get some news talk will start then. Cmon acti show us the mobile game
#30689 Posted: 21:43:04 25/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost

We still have Offtopic.

Even Off Topic doesn't get that many posts anymore. I'm pretty sure S&N didn't get a single post for 5 hours earlier today.

So unless Acti reveal a new game soon, this forum could become really inactive. Then again, it's mostly older (as in being here longer, not necessarily older in age) users that go there, but still. A new game would make the activity on here skyrocket... no pun intended.

As I've posted in that other thread, I'm relatively sure that a new game will be revealed soon. I'm guessing February. When it does, then the activy should be higher again, with new users coming here to discuss it.

As for Off Topic, they'll find that eventually, and that too will become active again. Though the Sky7 board will likely become the most popular for a while, as with whenever a new game is announced. Although, S&N is almost always the most popular board, but will always get overshadowed when a new game is announced.

It says a lot about the state of Skylanders, and how Acti "hype" the game, that most of the userbase go to S&N instead of actually talking about the games. There's the initial announcement and the actual release, but a month after both of those happen, S&N once again becomes the most popular board.

Anyway... yeah, I think Sky7 will be revealed soon, I'm guessing February. Then we'll likely get new users and more activity.

We've already got the blurry figure which, as I said, I think is intended.
---
#30690 Posted: 22:35:24 25/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan

We still have Offtopic.

Even Off Topic doesn't get that many posts anymore. I'm pretty sure S&N didn't get a single post for 5 hours earlier today.

So unless Acti reveal a new game soon, this forum could become really inactive. Then again, it's mostly older (as in being here longer, not necessarily older in age) users that go there, but still. A new game would make the activity on here skyrocket... no pun intended.

As I've posted in that other thread, I'm relatively sure that a new game will be revealed soon. I'm guessing February. When it does, then the activy should be higher again, with new users coming here to discuss it.

As for Off Topic, they'll find that eventually, and that too will become active again. Though the Sky7 board will likely become the most popular for a while, as with whenever a new game is announced. Although, S&N is almost always the most popular board, but will always get overshadowed when a new game is announced.

It says a lot about the state of Skylanders, and how Acti "hype" the game, that most of the userbase go to S&N instead of actually talking about the games. There's the initial announcement and the actual release, but a month after both of those happen, S&N once again becomes the most popular board.

Anyway... yeah, I think Sky7 will be revealed soon, I'm guessing February. Then we'll likely get new users and more activity.

We've already got the blurry figure which, as I said, I think is intended.

I'm not sure if they would go back to February reveals. As in terms of confirmation for sure February during their Q4 2017 financial earnings report. Skylanders games now get revealed in June as seen with the previous two instalments Superchargers and imaginators
#30691 Posted: 22:48:33 25/11/2017
Huh, June then, I guess. I'm only predicting February because we've already seen their first "hint", if that was intentional. I don't see why they'd wait any longer, the hype of the blurred firgure would die out too fast, and February seems like the earliest time possible.

December can't be done because of Christmas. Not sure about January, but apparently business year starts in February. So if Acti start their "year" in February, that's the earliest possible time.

Also, I'm not sure it will be released in Fall this time. I have a feeling that it will be released in August instead. Infinity is no longer a competitor, after all, so they needn't worry about that.

I predict:
Sky7 will be revealed in February
Sky7 will be released in August

That's just speculation, though.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5399
#30692 Posted: 23:35:22 25/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan

We still have Offtopic.

I've been on forums that don't get new posts in days, or weeks, or even months. Five hours doesn't seem that bad to me.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#30693 Posted: 00:00:49 26/11/2017
Yeah, but still... if a forum dedicated to a franchise rarely gets posts, even in the most active forum, then that's a surefire sign that interest in the franchise is dropping significantly. Especially when said forum isn't even about the franchise.

In other words, it means it'd be a good time to monger hype. Get the conversation stirring again. Strike while the iron is hot, rather than waiting until nobody cares at all about your franchise.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30694 Posted: 20:26:15 27/11/2017
I just can't see a 7th game happening. The genre is dead. The other major TTL games have died, and they were really successful, for a while. Then, demand died. After that, the games died. People just don't want these games anymore.

Eh. I think there is some confusion to the supply/demand here. Let's keep it a buck, the market got flooded. Everyone was trying to sell us water at $5 a bottle. Eventually, all markets correct themselves, either through crash, or a more natural progression. TTL 'crashed' from too much supply at too much cost, vs a demand that just couldn't stomach it. That does not mean there is no market. That does not mean they can't be successful. It does mean that the approach has to change along with a tempered attitude, something that is HARD to do for a large distributer such as Activision, known for "oh our margin isn't 25% anymore? Just trash it." Yet as recently as Rainbow 6 Siege, Ubisoft was able to do it.

The smart money? Let the market die (which it has). Keep the property semi-active to maintain some form of face value (Skylanders Academy/Mobile App Game). Survey the landscape for the best time to make a fresh roll out. Adjust the original product to match current or predictive future trends (preferably future). Build hype around the "return". Sell the samething you sold the first time, using the newer trends and technology, with credible call outs to the original, but enough difference to not be a "remaster" AND this is important SUPER HIGH QUALITY CONTENT - I call this "The Force Awakens".

I don't expect skylanders to return in their previous format. It just fiscally doesn't make sense. Toy stores were already sick of losing the substantial amount of retail space. Parents *cough cough* were sick of losing the substnatial amount of space in their homes. I do expect it to return, but in an all or near all digital format. You sell figures "digitally", you give TRU "Skylander Gift Cards", you create a Steam like library of figures, this library becomes a "Platform", this platform receives games that can use these figures. No longer does Activision worry about the second hand market. No longer does TRU stock anything more than a single rotating stand for Skylanders. The platform would be accessible via Steam/XBL/PSN/Nintendo/Apple Store/Play Store. The Switch gets a portable solution, that is easier to manage. With a "platform" to host these games, Activision can branch out of "A game a year", and release multiple TYPES of games (whatever happened to that FPS skylanders?).

They could easily start by importing all the old characters in for say $2.50 each. Gamestop would get exclusive cards, say the "Mystic Pack" for $20 that would unlock 4 sklylanders w/ Mystic colorways. There could still exist "Chase" packs, where you go to TRU and one of the gift card/packs you buy - has "Chrome Ro Bo" or "Diamond Prism Break" or an FX heavy "Volcanic Eruptor". Reposes would no longer exist *yay*, and at worst, would be "re-imaginings" like Superchargers.

I know some folks on here don't like this idea, the "toys" were a central part of the game to them, but after the past 5 years or so, the toy aspect has grown annoying, as it has inflated cost (which has driven people away), outside of Superchargers, and they don't function as toys very well since they aren't posable. To me, and others however, the game was more about the game and being able to play as whom you wanted, when you wanted. The gift card presents a way to still sell units through a brick and mortar (even though they are dying), but you can now sell figures through online stores, so if I buy Spyro on my X360, maybe I can get access to a neon-green variant, or a Neon blue variant if I use my PS4. Bowser would be exclusively purchased on The Switch. "Legendaries" would be only available as physical cards you purchase from TRU, type the code in for, etc. There would be no "NFC copies" made. Code control would prevent people from unlocking characters before they are able to. Its an all around win-win.
-Unreall
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30695 Posted: 23:29:18 27/11/2017
I agree with everything you said, I mean, it would be pretty hard not to since they are all pretty logical and evident motivations.

I do believe that Skylanders could return while keeping the toys aspect, if Activision wanted to stay true to its concept.
It follows the same idea of what you said, the problems aren't the toys themselves but the way they were handled: starting from Trap Team, gimmicks started to become separated from the characters (at least part of them), certain figures became big for no reason other than being able to be sold for more and the very same toys-to-life aspect of the lore became less and less relevant.

I doubt certain decisions such as console-exclusive figures, increased number of variants and the slow removal of Cores played a role in the decrease of sales, but they are still to be considered.

I my opinion the series should simply return to its simplier roots, focus on in-game gimmicks (or ones tied directly to the characters) and release smaller rosters, like 2 Skylanders per Element per game.

I changed my mind since the first hypothesis of toys being dropped, think I would be fine as long as there is still a way to play all our previous characters, but that was a rather big part of the franchise's charm.
In the end, though, I'd just want the series to continue in "any" form.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#30696 Posted: 12:10:54 28/11/2017

The "end" of Skylanders does not mean the end of the forum.
The main Crash communities remained alive despite the eight-year break of the series.
Also, the forum is not just Skylanders. Is also Spyro.
As far as we know Spyro could come back as Crash and I'm very doubtful that the forum dies at that time.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30697 Posted: 13:39:41 28/11/2017
Quote: Drek95
I agree with everything you said, I mean, it would be pretty hard not to since they are all pretty logical and evident motivations.

I do believe that Skylanders could return while keeping the toys aspect, if Activision wanted to stay true to its concept.
It follows the same idea of what you said, the problems aren't the toys themselves but the way they were handled: starting from Trap Team, gimmicks started to become separated from the characters (at least part of them), certain figures became big for no reason other than being able to be sold for more and the very same toys-to-life aspect of the lore became less and less relevant.

I doubt certain decisions such as console-exclusive figures, increased number of variants and the slow removal of Cores played a role in the decrease of sales, but they are still to be considered.

I my opinion the series should simply return to its simplier roots, focus on in-game gimmicks (or ones tied directly to the characters) and release smaller rosters, like 2 Skylanders per Element per game.

I changed my mind since the first hypothesis of toys being dropped, think I would be fine as long as there is still a way to play all our previous characters, but that was a rather big part of the franchise's charm.
In the end, though, I'd just want the series to continue in "any" form.

The gimmicks and repose hurt them...not directly, but as a retailer, part of the dislike was how much retail space skylanders started to take up. So now they are littered with all these reposes that o one wants (I saw Hex for 48 cents) and traps that no one wants (all those water traps are STILL sitting there). Things were just too disproportionate in part due to gimmicks, their price, and reposes. Not to mention it frustrating the more hardcore players such as ourselves, who previously championed the series - I know I convinced several families to get into Skylanders, so once we get annoyed, we don't help them sell as much as we did...our enthusiasm subsides.
- Unreall
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#30698 Posted: 21:49:00 28/11/2017
My (random) thoughts on the longevity of the forum:
This topic has almost 30,000 posts, so that's a good thing, right? Let's be happy for the past, if uncertain about the future.
In my opinion, activity on the site includes not only posts by users, but also when they just visit the site. I have not posted in a while, but I have visited most every day and seen many of the posts on the Imaginators forum. I imagine there are others who do the same.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#30699 Posted: 21:54:16 28/11/2017
Quote: Xjmmjbn
This topic has almost 30,000 posts, so that's a good thing, right? Let's be happy for the past, if uncertain about the future.
In my opinion, activity on the site includes not only posts by users, but also when they just visit the site. I have not posted in a while, but I have visited most every day and seen many of the posts on the Imaginators forum. I imagine there are others who do the same.

Exactly 30000 now.
---
Soon.
#30700 Posted: 23:03:56 28/11/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: Xjmmjbn

Exactly 30000 now.

Not anymore.

Eh, looks Skylanders is possibly on its death bed. Although I'm hopeful for a seventh game (check that other thread), I don't care much about it anymore. I've found new things I like, such as Kirby and Etrian Odyssey.

I still like Skylanders a lot, Giants will always be one of my all-time favourite games. But I now realize that there are many more (and cheaper) games out there that I may like more than Skylanders. Like Kirby, which I now like almost as much as I liked Skylanders.

Yeah, I think Sky7 is almost certain right now. But I'm fine with what I have, no need to keep relying on Skylanders.

Besides, I think I can rest easy knowing there is an anime about girls driving tanks.
---
First | Previous | Page 614 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me