darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 507 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 505 506 507 508 509 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#25301 Posted: 20:15:29 08/01/2017
Well, on a different note, heres the unofficial soundtrack.

---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#25302 Posted: 22:42:29 08/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: angelg
Sorry for the off topic, but does someone know if anything has happened to Drek, he is not posying anymore?

He stopped posting after the first news of the possible cancellation.

What a pity. Hopefully he'll come back soon.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
scrubsy Green Sparx Gems: 303
#25303 Posted: 23:47:13 08/01/2017
Odd question, does anyone else here a rattle when they shake their senseis? Flare Wolf, Boom Bloom & a few of the later ones seem to have it more than the earlier ones.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#25304 Posted: 23:49:11 08/01/2017
^ I have that too. I believe it's the chip moving...
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#25305 Posted: 00:30:12 09/01/2017
Quote: scrubsy
Odd question, does anyone else here a rattle when they shake their senseis? Flare Wolf, Boom Bloom & a few of the later ones seem to have it more than the earlier ones.

I think just about all of the Wave 3 Sensei rattle.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#25306 Posted: 03:13:31 09/01/2017
Yeah I think it might be the chip moving. I have the same problem but actually only with Wallop and Knight Light. One of which drops his sword (and thumb) pretty easily, but thats me digressing.

Im not sure how to feel about the series ending. On one end, yes, finally, I can have money to spend on other things, but also, why does the series have to end the same year I go off to gcollege?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#25307 Posted: 04:59:52 09/01/2017
Imaginators has sold 610,000 Till now Via VGChartz
Super chargers sold 2 million copies...I really wish that they would still give the franchise a chance
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:05:22 09/01/2017 by KingMed
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#25308 Posted: 05:12:24 09/01/2017
At this point I think they at least managed to get back the money they invested into the game.
---
bye
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#25309 Posted: 05:15:09 09/01/2017
Quote: newkill
At this point I think they at least managed to get back the money they invested into the game.

Really? I thought a game of this size would have to sell more to get back the money. Hm... Good if it's true.
---
Bruh
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#25310 Posted: 05:56:57 09/01/2017
It's true you can go check it out on VGChartz
It says that Super chargers sold 2.01 units which means 2 million and something World wide
And imaginators sold 0.61 World wide which means 610,000
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5414
#25311 Posted: 07:40:09 09/01/2017
I'm sure a thousand years ago humanity would never have dreamed we'd one day create a video game featuring an armored penguin that can stand on top of a tree. It's definitely up there on the list of impressive things our species has accomplished.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Partajeesus Blue Sparx Gems: 833
#25312 Posted: 17:40:26 09/01/2017
Quote: KingMed
Super chargers sold 2 million copies...I really wish that they would still give the franchise a chance

VGChartz just makes up the numbers.
Straight from their website: "VGChartz publishes over 7,000 unique estimates per week relating to worldwide game hardware and software sales"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:08 09/01/2017 by Partajeesus
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#25313 Posted: 21:10:25 09/01/2017
I just wish there was official confirmation if it's cancelled or not. However it does seem bleak with Target and Big W in Australia having any skylander stock on show.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#25314 Posted: 21:12:53 09/01/2017
Quote: Snap Shot
I just wish there was official confirmation if it's cancelled or not. However it does seem bleak with Target and Big W in Australia having any skylander stock on show.

My local Wal-Marts quit selling Skylanders halfway through Swap Force's waves.
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#25315 Posted: 22:00:57 09/01/2017

Got him today smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:30 09/01/2017 by Zekrom Prime
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#25316 Posted: 22:01:37 09/01/2017
Quote: Partajeesus
Quote: KingMed

VGChartz just makes up the numbers.
Straight from their website: "VGChartz publishes over 7,000 unique estimates per week relating to worldwide game hardware and software sales"

Was that the charting company that shown a single Xbox 360 sold in Japan during a week or a month? That was totally hilarious.
---
Stay Cool!
#25317 Posted: 22:35:04 09/01/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Snap Shot

My local Wal-Marts quit selling Skylanders halfway through Swap Force's waves.

My country stopped selling Skylanders around the same time. Funny, I would say.
---
Bruh
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#25318 Posted: 22:55:12 09/01/2017
Do you guys think that maybe the next skylanders gimmick might have to do with the new upcoming consols(I.E Nintendo Switch, Project Scorpio, and PS4 Neo)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#25319 Posted: 23:21:48 09/01/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Do you guys think that maybe the next skylanders gimmick might have to do with the new upcoming consols(I.E Nintendo Switch, Project Scorpio, and PS4 Neo)

Aside from the Switch, these consoles are exactly the same as the PS4 and XOne. Just better visuals and stuff.
---
Bruh
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#25320 Posted: 01:18:56 10/01/2017
I just knew it, almost 100% of this game's music is just stock music... even the main theme and the thumpin' Wumpa Island's music. ._.

(read the description)

---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:14 10/01/2017 by Kevin16
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#25321 Posted: 01:22:18 10/01/2017
Yeah, it was also discovered in the Music thread in the Merchandise section.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#25322 Posted: 01:33:34 10/01/2017
This was literally discovered several months ago. We all already knew that Lorne Balfe wasn't a part of making the soundtrack. It sucks, but it still sounds fine!
#25323 Posted: 01:54:47 10/01/2017
Yeah, while it doesn't have a original soundtrack, which is kinda bad, the songs used are pretty good. Plus, the game's soundtrack isn't 100% useless, since most of the stock songs used are remixed/changed in the game.
---
Bruh
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#25324 Posted: 13:36:25 10/01/2017
Quote: scrubsy

Almost all of my figures have that rattle, I even noticed that way back then when I got Hex.
Peppins Yellow Sparx Gems: 1924
#25325 Posted: 20:18:08 10/01/2017
Anyone know why the sensei stats are too different from what writed on the original website? I mean power, armor, agility, luck.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#25326 Posted: 20:20:36 10/01/2017
They always were different. No reason in particular it seems.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#25327 Posted: 20:30:50 10/01/2017
My 3D print arrived. More pics can be found at the topic but i just thought i'd share this scale photo

[User Posted Image]
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4482
#25328 Posted: 00:09:05 11/01/2017
After deeply playing it... well, I don't pretend to get any attention or to annoy anyone... but Imaginators is disappointing me, a lot. Apart from getting chests in order to get the equipment you want for your characters, it doesn't really have that re-play value, not more than previous games.

Elemental realms are short, boring, simple and unoriginal, you can beat them in 4 min, and concerning level desing... *sigh* Life realm really killed me. What a crap. It's not even a jungle or anything. They aren't changelling, they have no charm. Nothing. Not even good for farming chests at all.

Levels are short and not that good compared to previous installments, and the higher amount of combat is not enough for me. I won't talk about the story since all of you are aware of how it sucks.

Tons of mini-games and bonus levels... very "meh" too, to be honest. Fillers, and you know it.

Trophy/achievements and in-game "charms"... simple, VERY simple, pathetically simple, oriented for a 6 year old guy and **** the rest of the people, really disappointing concerning previous games. TfB didn't even try it here.

And the characters... oh my gosh, there is NO balance of power, directly. SuperChargers had every character perfectly balanced concerning power, being "special" skylanders (Giants, Swappers, etc) slightly better than core ones. But in this game... it's just insulting! You have imaginators & senseis, doing 1000 damage with a critical hit, and then you have the rest of the characters, doing 30~60 damage as much. WHAT. "Hello, I'm TfB, BUY the new things and see how I ruin every toy you just bought before because, well, **** you". I have to play in normal mode in order to use my previous toys, and even in this mode is difficult to beat the game.

Arena... well, a lot of enemies, ok, but it's the same than playing Battlebrawl Island, with the difference than in SC you earned more money.

Apart from a few levels and bonuses, the design of the new characters I like, the "gimmick" and Crash Bandicoot (plus Cortex), it's not a top game, nowhere near. I've been reading you for weeks... and I wish I shared your opinions. But I don't, and I'm the one that regret it the most, believe me.

I enjoy it as much as I can though, it's the way of facing it. But man... it could be a MUCH MORE better game... and it isn't because TfB didn't want to.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:17:35 11/01/2017 by Halvmorke
#25329 Posted: 00:14:32 11/01/2017
These are all fair and reasonable criticisms of Imaginators!

I would argue that some of the Elemental Realms are super cool, like Dark and Undead, though. I do like replaying those a lot. Still, there isn't really anything else to help the replay value a whole lot. To be fair, Skylanders never had that great of replay value as a whole anyway, but that's just me.

I will say the point that hits the closest to home is the unbalanced nature of this game. It is out of CONTROL! I just wanted to play as Chop Chop, is that too much to ask for?
#25330 Posted: 00:21:52 11/01/2017
Thank you for your words, TheToyNerd, and I totally agree!

I was testing the balance of the game today... and gosh...

And although is true that Skylanders games are not very re-playable at all, I had tons of hours of re-play in SA, Giants and SC, and though I always do the same, I always have fun and want to play more. But with Imaginators... it doesn't happen at all. Do you know what I mean?
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#25331 Posted: 00:35:42 11/01/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
After deeply playing it... well, I don't pretend to get any attention or to annoy anyone... but Imaginators is disappointing me, a lot. Apart from getting chests in order to get the equipment you want for your characters, it doesn't really have that re-play value, not more than previous games.

Elemental realms are short, boring, simple and unoriginal, you can beat them in 4 min, and concerning level desing... *sigh* Life realm really killed me. What a crap. It's not even a jungle or anything. They aren't changelling, they have no charm. Nothing. Not even good for farming chests at all.

Levels are short and not that good compared to previous installments, and the higher amount of combat is not enough for me. I won't talk about the story since all of you are aware of how it sucks.

Tons of mini-games and bonus levels... very "meh" too, to be honest. Fillers, and you know it.

Trophy/achievements and in-game "charms"... simple, VERY simple, pathetically simple, oriented for a 6 year old guy and **** the rest of the people, really disappointing concerning previous games. TfB didn't even try it here.

And the characters... oh my gosh, there is NO balance of power, directly. SuperChargers had every character perfectly balanced concerning power, being "special" skylanders (Giants, Swappers, etc) slightly better than core ones. But in this game... it's just insulting! You have imaginators & senseis, doing 1000 damage with a critical hit, and then you have the rest of the characters, doing 30~60 damage as much. WHAT. "Hello, I'm TfB, BUY the new things and see how I ruin every toy you just bought before because, well, **** you". I have to play in normal mode in order to use my previous toys, and even in this mode is difficult to beat the game.

Arena... well, a lot of enemies, ok, but it's the same than playing Battlebrawl Island, with the difference than in SC you earned more money.

Apart from a few levels and bonuses, the design of the new characters I like, the "gimmick" and Crash Bandicoot (plus Cortex), it's not a top game, nowhere near. I've been reading you for weeks... and I wish I shared your opinions. But I don't, and I'm the one that regret it the most, believe me.

I enjoy it as much as I can though, it's the way of facing it. But man... it could be a MUCH MORE better game... and it isn't because TfB didn't want to.

Have to say I love the game! But I 100% agree on the balance issue... That is the biggest flaw and it really is a big deal as the point of the games is to collect the toys.

If there where 2 thing I am most upset about if this is truly the final game is:
1. The balance, if this game was well balanced and I could use all my toys to the best of there ability then I would be happy.
2. I wish It would have come out on the Nintendo switch. I love playing as dark bowser (hence why I almost never play my ps4 copy) and being stuck on the Wii U kind of sucks... (my only hope is that maybe the started and finished a Switch port before they canceled the series and they say what the heck and just release it. But that's not likely).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#25332 Posted: 00:37:51 11/01/2017
Superchargers, really? You really enjoyed Racing, huh?

I thought SC's replay value was way worse than Imaginators. There was no other mode besides Racing and it ticked me off.

Unless you made a typo and meant to say Swap Force. In which case, carry on!
#25333 Posted: 01:19:04 11/01/2017
Personally, I think that Skylanders replay value depends on your play style. I play a good amount of Spyro's Adventure to this day, but because I collect really slowly (rarely more than one figure a time). I do the Heroic Challenges mostly, because leveling up and upgrading is so fast, and, after completing all Challenges I have access, I stop playing until I get my next figure.

Another thing is that, while some people really enjoy PvP, I don't, because I have no one to play, so I can't enjoy it (not saying that I hate it, I just can't play it). But I feel I'll really like Racing, because I like games of this type.

My point is that the replay value depends much on how and what you like to play.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:19:54 11/01/2017 by Crash10
#25334 Posted: 02:27:17 11/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

I thought SC's replay value was way worse than Imaginators. There was no other mode besides Racing and it ticked me off.

It wasn't a typo, I really like SC, and yes, I really like racing! I find myself doing Tessa's quests, re-playing Battlebrawl Island, playing Skystones Overdrive, farming money and exp. re-playing my favourite levels (half of them, above all Cloudbreather Crag, one of my favs levels in the whole franchise), and racing without getting tired and enjoying the game really much. Story, level design, the "gimmick", the new skylanders, the toys... I know there's a trend here of hating the game, but I really like it. Sorry!

And although Imaginators apparently has a lot of different ways of re-playing it... at the end it's all the same but with a different dress, at least for me. I'm not saying I hate the game, I enjoy it (though getting the parts I want for my Imaginators is tiring and frustrating) but I find it disappointing. "Much a do about nothing".
---
#25335 Posted: 02:35:57 11/01/2017
So on the 2016 Toys For Games Polls, Skylanders is totally crushing it. That's nice to see.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#25336 Posted: 02:37:34 11/01/2017

It wasn't a typo, I really like SC, and yes, I really like racing! I find myself doing Tessa's quests, re-playing Battlebrawl Island, playing Skystones Overdrive, farming money and exp. re-playing my favourite levels (half of them, above all Cloudbreather Crag, one of my favs levels in the whole franchise), and racing without getting tired and enjoying the game really much. Story, level design, the "gimmick", the new skylanders, the toys... I know there's a trend here of hating the game, but I really like it. Sorry!

And although Imaginators apparently has a lot of different ways of re-playing it... at the end it's all the same but with a different dress, at least for me. I'm not saying I hate the game, I enjoy it (though getting the parts I want for my Imaginators is tiring and frustrating) but I find it disappointing. "Much a do about nothing".

It has flaws, but I love Superchargers
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#25337 Posted: 02:39:42 11/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

It has flaws, but I love Superchargers

So do I. My second favorite game in the series. Maybe because I'm a vehicle nerd.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#25338 Posted: 03:18:28 11/01/2017
Maybe I was kinda too harsh on Superchargers. After all, there were some pretty good things about the game.

Maybe I'll have to pop it in again for old time's sake.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#25339 Posted: 03:23:20 11/01/2017
SC is okay at times. The story is solid and it's new additions are fun, i'll give it that.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#25340 Posted: 04:57:27 11/01/2017
People are a bit too harsh on Superchargers. It's advertising absolutely sucked, but the game itself was good. The racing mode was solid, Tessa's quests were great, the soundtrack was great, the plot was EXCELLENT, and the levels were unique. The one major flaw that holds it back is the lack of deep on-foot gameplay in the major levels. I definitely have a soft spot for racing games due to my skill in Mario Kart, but I can say with an unbiased opinion that Superchargers was a decent game; not the best skylanders game, but a good game nonetheless. I don't get much of the hate for Imaginators either. It has its flaws like every game, but it's one of the most expansive Skylanders games yet in terms of combat and exploration, and it makes up for Superchargers' flaws despite its sloppy story.
#25341 Posted: 05:10:49 11/01/2017
Quote: Drawdler
The music was pretty good though.

At least it had a original soundtrack, unlike certain specific games that I don't want to name RIGHT IMAGINATORS???

But really, unpopular opinion here but I think it's my favorite soundtrack of the franchise.
---
Bruh
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#25342 Posted: 09:11:29 11/01/2017
Well now that you guys brought it up, I have to admit that I liked a lot SC.

Some of their levels artistic designs were just wow (Cloud kingdom specially, but also spellpunk library, vault of the ancients and cloudbreather's crag) and the racing was fun and solid, plus it was the first time we got online multiplayer, which was something I had been expecting for the series. The graphics as well, were visually in the top range imo. Surprisingly I found myself playing SC for months: online racing, daily kaos skystone smash, some co op to see skylanders I didn't own and replaying cloud kingdom, got me hooked for a long time.

SI is a good game, but I have to agree with some of the points which have been mentioned, specially with the underpowered old skylanders and not visually impressive levels. On the other hand though, the gimmick, map, endless arena ( as far as I know) and being able to print your own figures have been good additions.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#25343 Posted: 13:10:04 11/01/2017
Well I dunno about game sales but over the holidays everywhere I'd go...EB/Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, etc the figures were sold out and they seem to continue to be selling very well. Better than Lego and Amiibo.

I'm sure there are many at this point who collect only the figures and don't play the games.
Peppins Yellow Sparx Gems: 1924
#25344 Posted: 13:44:36 11/01/2017
Question for who have already tryed it:

example: If I have my imaginator to lv20 then i go to a friend's house where he have imaginator's level 15-19 (so less than mine), when i put my imaginator i still have lv20?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:32 11/01/2017 by Peppins
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#25345 Posted: 13:50:23 11/01/2017
Quote: Peppins
Question for who have already tryed it:

example: If I have my imaginator to lv20 then i go to a friend's house where he have imaginator's level 15-19 (so less than mine), when i put my imaginator i still have lv20?

In theory, yes, it should still be level 20, because the level/upgrade data is stored to the figure, however I haven't tested it.
---
Dead
#25346 Posted: 16:10:22 11/01/2017
Heyis, Chompy-King, Trap and angelg, I agree, and yes, I love SuperChargers. And I don't understan at all the trend of hating it that suddenly started a few months ago, when previous post about the game of almost everybody were good. It has it flaws, but I consider it a top Skylanders game. The problem is that most of people that hate the game do it because they dislike the "gimmick"... but if something doesn't like you it doesn't mean it sucks.

I'm planning on posting a detailed opinion of SC in its forum eventually.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#25347 Posted: 16:35:05 11/01/2017
I still love the story and the writing of SC and the graphics really are outstanding, but no, even if the racing is alright I can't like the gameplay. It's too broken up, the camera HATES some sections and so do I, and because of how quickly you get the upgrades it's just hold down the button and spin to win, even with the weakened Instants. The replay value also gets way too much in the way because it forces you to go through entire levels for certain missions, sometimes *several* times, plus unskippable cutscenes, while the mission intros in Imaginators are sometimes too brief for their own sake.
I know it was partially because I exhausted the game in three days and just had to play the daily missions until Imaginators came out, but what else was I going to do? Only 2 tracks for Land vehicles(the other ones hurt my hands,straight up) that bore you right away, the co-op is pretty unstable and the few times I attempted it switching characters was a coin toss to see if we didn't desync,etc etc. The elemental missions there are also even smaller than the Elemental Realms, and their areas much less alive.
The only good replay value were the driver missions, and those are unrepeatable(without resetting) and tragically short - would've loved to see more about them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:27 11/01/2017 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 507 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 505 506 507 508 509 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me