Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Tracking Thumpback and Eye Brawl sightings
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Tracking Thumpback and Eye Brawl sightings [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#101 Posted: 03:05:59 16/01/2013
^

Pics Plz?
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#102 Posted: 03:11:51 16/01/2013
Where in Phoenix or Chandler, AZ did someone find them? I searched the threads and did not see any mention of someone finding them in those cities... Little help please?

Thanks in advance.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#103 Posted: 03:14:15 16/01/2013
Quote: ckasper
Quote: sandrockgundam
Found in Louisville KY.

Edit-found at walmart

You found them and cleaned them out. and are trying to make a buck instead of giving others half a chance to get them... shame on you

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sandro...5&_trksid=p3686

Wow, a regular poster too. Feels nothing about grabbing every one in sight then turning a quick buck on Ebay. You would think a fan of the game around here would feel some shame in doing that. Karma has a way of coming back around though, we need to start up a list of known scalpers on this forum.
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#104 Posted: 03:16:11 16/01/2013
man haz anyone herd that are they in hemet california yet
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
ckasper Green Sparx Gems: 381
#105 Posted: 03:30:11 16/01/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: sandrockgundam
Found in Louisville KY.

Edit-found at walmart

You found them and cleaned them out. and are trying to make a buck instead of giving others half a chance to get them... shame on you

Wow, a regular poster too. Feels nothing about grabbing every one in sight then turning a quick buck on Ebay. You would think a fan of the game around here would feel some shame in doing that. Karma has a way of coming back around though, we need to start up a list of known scalpers on this forum.

if you click on the Items it shows he has atleast 2 of each for sale and I'd imagine atleast one each for himself but when I called the electronics section at the wal-mart that he got them from and asked about the new gaints the guy said one person cleaned them all out and had more then just 6...when I contacted him on Ebay I offered the price of 14.95 to 16.95 sisnce where only 5 min from each other and could just meet up at a mcdonalds of something and he turned it down and continue's to want 55.00 for each of the 14.95 characters.... bad scalper is bad

if anyone wants to varifiy this info here is the info to the walmart ---- 3706 Diann Marie Road, Louisville, KY
(502) 326-9166 ***********

As far as a scalper thread, that would be awsome, link there user name to there ebay account so know know from here buys from them...
---
watch out for this guy - Louisville, Ky scalper ... http://myworld.ebay.com/sandrockgundam04/
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:41:50 16/01/2013 by ckasper
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#106 Posted: 03:43:19 16/01/2013
Went to Walmart in Puyallup, WA and found 2 Thumbacks and 2 Eye Brawls. Bought all 4. 2 for us to play with and 2 to keep.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:59:44 16/01/2013 by longsh0t
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#107 Posted: 04:03:37 16/01/2013

if you click on the Items it shows he has atleast 2 of each for sale and I'd imagine atleast one each for himself but when I called the electronics section at the wal-mart that he got them from and asked about the new gaints the guy said one person cleaned them all out and had more then just 6...when I contacted him on Ebay I offered the price of 14.95 to 16.95 sisnce where only 5 min from each other and could just meet up at a mcdonalds of something and he turned it down and continue's to want 55.00 for each of the 14.95 characters.... bad scalper is bad

if anyone wants to varifiy this info here is the info to the walmart ---- 3706 Diann Marie Road, Louisville, KY

As far as a scalper thread, that would be awsome, link there user name to there ebay account so know know from here buys from them...

I don't know if a scalper thread is a good idea. Selling products on ebay for way over priced may be morally wrong, but it's not illegal. On the other hand, posting people's personal information on a website for all too see could hold you liable.
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#108 Posted: 04:03:54 16/01/2013
GameStop in San Antonio (At the Quarry) received Eye Brawl and Thumpback today, sent my wife to pick them up so I'm not sure how many they had, but I imagine they're gone now. Added to the Scorpion Striker pack I'm caught up on all the new stuff in this... what... wave 3.5?
#109 Posted: 04:13:08 16/01/2013
Quote: Zook

I don't know if a scalper thread is a good idea. Selling products on ebay for way over priced may be morally wrong, but it's not illegal. On the other hand, posting people's personal information on a website for all too see could hold you liable.

many forums including the monster high one I use for my daughters collection have good trader/scalper threads that give nothing more then the user name and ebay account so people know to stay away from them, there personal info is never released,
---
watch out for this guy - Louisville, Ky scalper ... http://myworld.ebay.com/sandrockgundam04/
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#110 Posted: 04:20:03 16/01/2013
Found both at Walmart in Huntley, IL 50 miles outside of Chicago!....they are definitely here!!
#111 Posted: 04:20:31 16/01/2013
Quote:
Went to Walmart in Puyallup, WA and found 2 Thumbacks and 2 Eye Brawls. Bought all 4. 2 for us to play with and 2 to keep.
what 2 to keep and 2 to play now that just cold why not leave 2 other spare 2 for a kid its not like ur not ganna opened em u distgust me joking? but really what did u
---
ima nom nom u tonight
#112 Posted: 04:21:43 16/01/2013
My friend also bought 2 of each. A set for me and a set for her son. That's not the same as buying 20 of each or something.
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#113 Posted: 04:26:00 16/01/2013
Quote: zebas1234
Quote:
what 2 to keep and 2 to play now that just cold why not leave 2 other spare 2 for a kid its not like ur not ganna opened em u distgust me joking? but really what did u

Come on now, he can do whatever he wants. Some stores restrict to 1 per customer, but if he can snag up a few more, why not go for it? For all you know they'd have been picked up by a scalper and put up on eBay.

Plenty of collectors buy two, one to open and one to keep in the box for "collectors sake". I know even other people who pick up extras of "in-demand" pieces so they can trade with their friends.

Please remember that there is no WRONG way to enjoy something, we're all different, and that's ok.
#114 Posted: 04:28:21 16/01/2013
Quote: zebas1234
Quote:

LOL great sarcasim, yeah collectors vs scalpers is completely different, collector's take pride and have love for the items where as scalpers just see a quick payday...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:30:29 16/01/2013 by ckasper
#115 Posted: 04:28:22 16/01/2013
dint u read i was joiking gesh
---
ima nom nom u tonight
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:32:42 16/01/2013 by zebas1234
#116 Posted: 04:49:42 16/01/2013

No one is posting his personal information. He posted his own city. Besides, if someone is dumb enough to post an auction using the same ID (or very similar) as they use here from the same city they reported finding them, then they are deserving of being treated like a scalper. I'm sure he will sell them, and make his $40 per Giant off of people that cannot wait for them. Sadly, there are people that will take a fun game and try to scam people. Given that he has close to 200 posts, he should be fully aware of how people feel about that - although given his previous auctions, it doesn't appear to be something he cares about.

sandrockgundam cleaned out every Thumpback and Eye Brawl in his area store, and is taking a $40 ransom for them. He isn't a collector, just an opportunist. Scalping now has an identity, and is active on these forums among us.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:41 16/01/2013 by defpally
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#117 Posted: 05:03:03 16/01/2013
Kankakee, IL had them (SOLD OUT!)
#118 Posted: 05:10:10 16/01/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
The boxes are....

2X smilie
1X smilie
1X smilie
2X smilie

This seems to be very accurate. When I went to Walmart these were the only Giants on the pegs.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
#119 Posted: 05:27:24 16/01/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
So, the other threads are kind of a mess with postings, speculation and infighting...and I figured it'd me MUCH easier to just have a thread for where people have found Thumpback and Eye Brawl. I'll add them to this post if anyone chimes in with their own sightings.

And by sightings I mean 100% in hand confirmations. Not "oh this guy said this and that" or "Called around and checked, none yet in X city". I'm also compiling locations from ebay listings. (of actual in hand pictures). This means that a majority of the listings on this could be at any of the stores in the area.

Would there be any interest in a Google Maps tracker?

https://maps.google.com/maps/m...610086718de6e3f

I wouldn't mind keeping it updated and can make certain people admins to help keep it updated as well. Just thought it would be neat to get a visual representation of where we're finding them.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
chris5138522 Green Sparx Gems: 159
#120 Posted: 05:41:02 16/01/2013
Let me ask all of you something how can one point fingers at a scalper if you truly have to idea where the scalper is buying the product from? Im not saying im going to everyone of my local stores and buying up figure but there are other ways in ordering these figures well below cost and selling on ebay for a living.. Man o man you guys must hate Websites like Toywiz.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:45:45 16/01/2013 by chris5138522
#121 Posted: 06:03:45 16/01/2013

No one is posting his personal information. He posted his own city. Besides, if someone is dumb enough to post an auction using the same ID (or very similar) as they use here from the same city they reported finding them, then they are deserving of being treated like a scalper. I'm sure he will sell them, and make his $40 per Giant off of people that cannot wait for them. Sadly, there are people that will take a fun game and try to scam people. Given that he has close to 200 posts, he should be fully aware of how people feel about that - although given his previous auctions, it doesn't appear to be something he cares about.

sandrockgundam cleaned out every Thumpback and Eye Brawl in his area store, and is taking a $40 ransom for them. He isn't a collector, just an opportunist. Scalping now has an identity, and is active on these forums among us.

I'm not saying he's right. He obviously isn't. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't get involved. But heck, I have an Eye-Brawl and Thumpback coming, so it doesn't matter to me smilie
Winter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#122 Posted: 06:09:36 16/01/2013
Quote: BlazinBlackMage
Scratch what I said in my previous post, Thumpback and Eyebrawl just popped up on eBay from Englewood, Colorado. Right in my area! I really hope those weren't from the Gamestop I just called. OTL

But if anyone here is in the Colorado area, it wouldn't hurt to call around your local Gamestops/WalMarts.

I live in the quiet town of Castle Rock been calling GS, Walmart, and Target with fruitless results...I even called the GS in Lone Tree with once again nothing. *sighs* It's getting old and irritating
---
Eon:"Perhaps I can tell you more about it...in time."
Winter: D-did Eon just troll me!?
TwYsTeD Green Sparx Gems: 247
#123 Posted: 06:20:39 16/01/2013
nothing left around anaheim looked all over today did get lucky and find a couple lightcore shroombooms though
---
I need a granite crusher,
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#124 Posted: 06:28:25 16/01/2013
Quote: Winter
Quote: BlazinBlackMage
Scratch what I said in my previous post, Thumpback and Eyebrawl just popped up on eBay from Englewood, Colorado. Right in my area! I really hope those weren't from the Gamestop I just called. OTL

But if anyone here is in the Colorado area, it wouldn't hurt to call around your local Gamestops/WalMarts.

I live in the quiet town of Castle Rock been calling GS, Walmart, and Target with fruitless results...I even called the GS in Lone Tree with once again nothing. *sighs* It's getting old and irritating

Same here..I checked all around Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Englewood, Sheridan, and Littleton and turned up nothing..All the employees I talked to said they haven't seen either of them so I'm wondering where the heck these WalMarts are that are carrying them. (None had Gamestop stickers) The only ones I've seen all day came from Pueblo, Westminister, Greeley, and Englewood so maybe they're just slowly making their way across the state..I'm hoping Gamestop will be starting to carry them by Friday though.
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
#125 Posted: 06:56:13 16/01/2013
Quote: chris5138522
Let me ask all of you something how can one point fingers at a scalper if you truly have to idea where the scalper is buying the product from? Im not saying im going to everyone of my local stores and buying up figure but there are other ways in ordering these figures well below cost and selling on ebay for a living.. Man o man you guys must hate Websites like Toywiz.com

you must not of read everything cause I gave the address and phone # to the exact store he scalped them from, and as far as toywiz, there avarage price for a skylander is never under 20.00 so thats "well above cost"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:08:14 16/01/2013 by ckasper
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#126 Posted: 07:20:05 16/01/2013
I laugh anytime I go to Toywiz and look at prices. Then I click off the site and facepalm.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#127 Posted: 11:57:30 16/01/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
^

Pics Plz?

I was so busy playing with the new figs last night I didn't even hop back on here to see this!! lol Here you go buddy!! Thumpback is just as awesome as expected and Eyebrawl is sweet too- although I didn't play with him quite as much last night... today at work is going to feel veeeery long!! LOL smilie

The image was a bit too large, so here's the link!! There were PLENTY of Thumpback's and Eyebrawls, it was a party!! smilie
http://tinypic.com/r/2yjwp4g/6
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Dragoshi1 Green Sparx Gems: 297
#128 Posted: 12:13:57 16/01/2013
Nothing in Florida yet, called about 5 different Gamestops, and I get the same response; "Haven't seen them(Eye Brawl and Thumpback) at retail yet".

I'll try calling again today. I wouldn't be able to head out and grab them until 6pm though, anyone know if Gamestop will hold something for you, and for how long?
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#129 Posted: 14:32:26 16/01/2013
Checked Walmart again. All I found was a random guy looking at what was left of the GITD Sonic Booms and LC Drobots.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#130 Posted: 14:40:20 16/01/2013
Well IF a GameStop is willing to hold things for you it almost always for about an hour (2 hours if you ask nicely).

It's hit and miss with my experiences at GameStop.

I called WalMart yesterday, they said they only got 1 of each (Thumpback and Eye Brawl) and could not hold them for anyone.

I should have gone to jail yesterday for how fast I got there.

Snagged them and made a kid happy!

KANKAKEE, IL
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#131 Posted: 14:53:32 16/01/2013
Seems like the east coast's Gamestops will be getting them today. Atlanta, Georgia seems all but confirmed. I'll post back here after noon (the time they get their shipment) to let others know if the figures showed up.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#132 Posted: 15:03:50 16/01/2013
Found Eye Brawl and Thumpback yesterday at Walmart in Illionois and added them to my daughters collection!......gonna go get Royal Double Trouble, Golden Dragonfire Cannon and the last two sidekicks I need this morning!

http://s1309.beta.photobucket....196799.jpg.html
http://s1309.beta.photobucket....41afa8.jpg.html
http://s1309.beta.photobucket....7cfe56.jpg.html
ErigoEslos Yellow Sparx Gems: 1492
#133 Posted: 15:11:27 16/01/2013
Found both at Gamestop in Austin, TX. They had about 8 of each.
Daxious Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#134 Posted: 15:21:39 16/01/2013
I'm in North GA and just called 2 GameStops. One received their shipment early and had a box of Giants, but it only had Hot Head. The other hasn't received their shipment just yet. I'm really hoping for better luck throughout the day.

EDIT - Another box just arrived, left on the truck which contained TB and EB. Score!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:20 16/01/2013 by Daxious
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#135 Posted: 16:00:53 16/01/2013
Going to check my local Gamestop when they open. Will report back.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#136 Posted: 16:08:24 16/01/2013
I and a really lucky/excited child both got an Eye Brawl and Thumpback right after the employee put them out last night at a Walmart in southern Illinois.

It was funny, the employee put half the case out on a display in the middle and I happened to be standing there talking with someone. I grabbed Eye Brawl, but there was no Thumpback! He went to the video games with the rest of the case, so I dismissed myself from my conversation partner and hurried over there just in time to see a kid walking away with some giants. Thankfully, he only grabbed one of each - the other Thumpback was still there waiting for me! smilie

On a slightly related note, I've heard a rumor from a very reliable source (same source that told be about this a day before the news broke anywhere else) that Walmart is getting some form of Hot Dog earlier than other retailers. I do not know if this is some kind of single pack, if they're getting the battle packs earlier or if this has something to do with Molten Hot Dog (unlikely)...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:22 16/01/2013 by UncleBob
Daxious Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#137 Posted: 16:15:32 16/01/2013
I also checked the Walmarts here in North GA. Pretty pathetic stock at the moment, mostly LC Wave 1 and more GITD SB than I could recall.
genesis49 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#138 Posted: 16:27:40 16/01/2013
They're showing up in michigan at gamestop. I didn't get them, but the very helpful and knowledgeable employee at one of my local shops told me they had received a case yesterday with them.
I'm not actively hunting these guys, so good luck all you michiganders
---
Looking for reasonably priced blue bash, flocked stump smash gitd cynder and gitd fright rider
ACTSDAD74 Green Sparx Gems: 147
#139 Posted: 17:02:47 16/01/2013
Here's what I've found...looks like all the Walmarts around me have sold out. We're still waiting on the West Coast for the Gamestops to get theirs in. That is supposed to be today by what everyone is saying. I'm just wondering though if after this first shipment shows up, will they dry up and not be seen for awhile? I guess there's always Toys R Us and Target to follow. We'll have to see.
#140 Posted: 17:07:10 16/01/2013
Alright, my Gamestop has the Sidekick promotion. I just don't know what to get. If they have Thumpback and Eye-Brawl, I'll probably get those, otherwise I may pick up a couple Golden Dragonfire Cannon pack. I really don't know what else to get.
#141 Posted: 17:14:11 16/01/2013
Quote: ACTSDAD74
Here's what I've found...looks like all the Walmarts around me have sold out. We're still waiting on the West Coast for the Gamestops to get theirs in. That is supposed to be today by what everyone is saying. I'm just wondering though if after this first shipment shows up, will they dry up and not be seen for awhile? I guess there's always Toys R Us and Target to follow. We'll have to see.

First new giants in 3 months? Not likely they won't send many more out. The problem is the demand for new giants is high too.

And BTW, NC is still dry. Multiple Gamestops checked, none came in. They know some are due soon, but nothing yet, one employee told me it looked like the boxes didn't ship until Monday.
JerryPants Green Sparx Gems: 234
#142 Posted: 17:14:29 16/01/2013
Called 51 Gamestops and a couple of Wal-Marts...... I can conclude that Florida sucks.... smilie
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#143 Posted: 17:14:42 16/01/2013
I just got Both EB and TB @ gamestop here in Savannah, GA, came in this morning, only checked one store, we have almost 10 in the area, I'm sure the rest of them got them today
rsmith11 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#144 Posted: 17:22:24 16/01/2013
Just scored 1 Eye brawl, 1 Thumpback and a Terrbyte from a Gamestop here in Marietta, GA - about 15 minutes north of Atlanta. Employee said they only got 3 of each in. Had one on hold and I got the last set.
johnnyb771 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#145 Posted: 17:26:47 16/01/2013
None so far in Florida today, but I spoke with about 7 Gamestop's in my area adn they are expecting a box of Giants tomorrow. Only 6 in a box, so it is assumed these are the new ones. Looks like your stores will get about 3 of ea. Tomorrow looks to be the day in Fl. Happy Hunting

Johnny B
JerryPants Green Sparx Gems: 234
#146 Posted: 17:30:52 16/01/2013
Quote: johnnyb771
None so far in Florida today, but I spoke with about 7 Gamestop's in my area adn they are expecting a box of Giants tomorrow. Only 6 in a box, so it is assumed these are the new ones. Looks like your stores will get about 3 of ea. Tomorrow looks to be the day in Fl. Happy Hunting

Johnny B

OH MAN! SO STOKED!!!
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#147 Posted: 17:31:31 16/01/2013
Quote: johnnyb771

Johnny B

I posted an ebay on the other thread from Clearwater posted in the past hour via a mobile phone...unless they jumped on a plane, somebody in Florida has these things.
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:33:43 16/01/2013 by Skylanders Dad
kty6toz Green Sparx Gems: 347
#148 Posted: 17:35:20 16/01/2013
My husband just picked up one of each on his lunch break at a Gamestop in Longview, TX. They told him they only got one box. Don't have them in my hands yet because he just called me to let me know he had them

SIDE NOTE: I just hope Thumpy fits in his slot in my Really Useful boxes storage box as he looks rather big.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:27 16/01/2013 by kty6toz
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#149 Posted: 17:35:39 16/01/2013
Northeast TN/Southwest VA checking in. Just scored both.
johnnyb771 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#150 Posted: 17:39:10 16/01/2013
Yeah seems that the West Coast got them and the East Coast did not. Saw just now on Facebook and your link that the Tampa/Clearwater area got them but I have called every Gamestop, Wal MArt, Target from Melbourne to Stuart and nothing anywhere so far. Not sure how the West Coast got them and the East didn't, but tomorrow for sure hopefully. Happy Hunting. Should've said in my post above the East Coast of Fl. Sorry

Johnny B
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me