darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 224 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11151 Posted: 06:11:51 17/08/2016
And we have backstories!

Kaos
With Kaos having discovered the power of Mind Magic to create Doomlanders, one of his first creations was none other than a clone of himself! Figuring that no one in universe, including the Skylanders, could ever stand up to more than one Kaos, he unleashed his clone in his quest to take over Skylands. But to Kaos’ surprise, the clone –also being Kaos – wanted victory for himself! As a result, he decided to fight against his creator, in turn helping the Skylanders in their endeavor to defeat the real Kaos!

Dr. Neo Cortex
A wormhole has opened in Skylands and the great Aku Aku appears! He comes to announce the once in twodecades Synchronization Celebration! It is the time when allthe worlds align perfectlyand theyare having a huge party in the Wumpa Islands and want to invite the Skylanders. But Dr. Neo Cortex has created a sinister machine to harness this incredible energy for his own evil purposes, only to watch it go completely haywire. Now Dr. Neo Cortex must partner with Crash Bandicoot to stop the machine before Wumpa Islands are completely shaken apart!

Dr. Krankcase
No one is really quite sure what exactly Dr. Krankcase is a doctor of. But his technical engineering achievements are legendary. The secret to his success lies in his modified concoction of glowing green goo, which causes wooden objects to come to life and turn evil. His unique skill set makes him a valuable asset to the Doom Raiders, who have plenty of nefarious uses for evil wooden creatures. It is also commonly known that Dr. Krankcase served as an evil inspiration to Kaos once upon a time, who had figured out how to make his own wooden creatures, the Wilikin, come to life after reading about the doctor’s exploits in the Minion Monthly Catalog. Kaos also respected Dr. K’s interest in world domination, doom, and his well-documented love of pickles. After being captured by the Trap Masters, Eon gave these Krankcase a choice – either go back to a newly reformed Cloudcracker Prison or become a Skylander Sensei, teaching a new generation of Imaginators his formidable battle skills as well as how to stay clear of a life of crime. The doctor accepted this deal but first had to prove themselves by helping to re-arrange all the books in the Academy’s library, a task which took almost two years, testing every ounce of will he had. And his knowledge of the alphabet. Now he uses that newfound knowledge to train Imaginators on the A, B, Cs of shooting, as the master of the Quickshot Class.

Hood Sickle
At first glance, it’s easy to be frightened by Hoodsickle. Some say it’s his imposing stature that freaks them out. Others are unnerved by his menacing hood. But most just try to stay away from his long, sharp scythe – and it didn’t help that he had a bad habit of disappearing and then suddenly popping up behind unsuspecting people. In fact, the Trap Masters that locked him away in Cloudcracker Prison hoped they would never have to see him again. But Master Eon thought there might be a chance for Hoodsickle to change his ways. Everyone said Eon was crazy, but after spending time with the mysterious creep, Eon learned that Hoodsickle was actually not a bad guy – just really super spooky. Hoodsickle took his job of terrifying others very seriously, and Eon believed that perhaps he could bring a similar dedication to teaching others as a Sensei. Plus, he figured that Skylanders in training would certainly pay attention in his classes. This has all proven true, and Hoodsickle now teaches Sentinel Imaginators, who definitely hang on his every word. Or else.

Starcast
No one knows where Starcast came from, including Starcast himself! He was first seen falling out of the sky and landing directly on top of Master Eon, after he had made a wish for a Ninja Master to train the new generation of Skylanders. While it appeared that Eon’s wish had come true, it was later revealed that Pop Fizz had simultaneously made a wish to get out of anger management lessons with the old Portal Master. Therefore, it was impossible todetermine if Starcast was the result of one wish or the other. But after a brief martial arts display, it was clear to all that the mysterious Starcast was a very skilled ninja warrior. And seeing as how Master Eon had to walk around in crutches for the next few weeks, it was also clear that anger management class would have to be postponed – so it was a win-win!

And Kaos Promotion Trailer.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:19:50 17/08/2016 by Aura24
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5414
#11152 Posted: 06:22:10 17/08/2016
So it's a clone, huh? Interesting. That technically makes the Kaos figure a brand new character who merely looks like Kaos. Which is weird, but I'm cool with it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#11153 Posted: 06:30:11 17/08/2016
Well I ended up staying up. Was playing Destiny with my brother. Anyway, I hope there's a bunch more still to come. If this is all what we get from Gamescon I'll be severely let down.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11154 Posted: 06:31:01 17/08/2016
HE'S BEAUTIFUL
#11155 Posted: 06:31:40 17/08/2016
They also revealed the Crash level called "Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands".

Quote: Press Release
At Gamescom, Skylanders Imaginators will introduce fans to the return of Dr. Neo Cortex as a Sensei Skylander and reveal an all-new level, Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands, that’s steeped in nostalgic Crash Bandicoot® gameplay. The level includes special Crash Zones that bring back the classic massive boulder chases from the original games. And, as with any Skylanders level, there are secrets and hidden areas all along the way. In paying homage to this iconic character on his 20th anniversary, the level is packed with TNT boxes, crabs, hazards, temple ruins, Wumpa Fruit, exploding crates and many more elements from the original Crash. But it all takes place in the Skylands - which means a new twist of Skylanders combat and action brought into the world of the Wumpa Islands.

"You can’t have Crash Bandicoot as a guest star Skylander without his arch-nemesis,
Dr. Neo Cortex,” said Jen Oneal, studio head, Vicarious Visions. “We approached the level as a way for us to bring the best parts of Skylanders and the best parts of Crash together into one epic adventure. Players are going to enjoy how we’ve honored the heritage of traditional Crash games in the musically-themed, TNT crate-filled level. For fans of Crash this is going to feel like going back to the old world of Crash Bandicoot -- but in gorgeous 1080p.”

The Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands level will be available to players who purchase the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack featuring Crash Bandicoot for PlayStation consoles at launch. The level will also be available to all platforms via purchase of the Skylanders Imaginators Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands Adventure Pack this holiday for the suggested retail price of $29.99. The Skylanders Imaginators Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands Adventure pack also will include Crash Bandicoot and Dr. Neo Cortex as fully playable toys.
Last but not least, Portal Masters will soon be able to collect Imaginite Mystery Chests. These chests will unlock new creation pieces, such as gear, weapons, and parts for players’ Imaginator characters."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11156 Posted: 06:34:11 17/08/2016
from a press release

Quote:
Last but not least, Portal Masters will soon be able to collect Imaginite Mystery Chests. These chests will unlock new creation pieces, such as gear, weapons, and parts for players’ Imaginator characters.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#11157 Posted: 06:43:40 17/08/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
from a press release

Quote:
Last but not least, Portal Masters will soon be able to collect Imaginite Mystery Chests. These chests will unlock new creation pieces, such as gear, weapons, and parts for players’ Imaginator characters.

I really hope these chests aren't a one-time use thing. Then the figure is worthless :/
Ratrepellent Green Sparx Gems: 197
#11158 Posted: 06:54:57 17/08/2016
Wow, 5 characters were shown, granted they are all awesome, but still, only 5 after the bs at e3, I'm very disappointed, though hopefully they reveal more tomorrow
---
THAT'S SIX LAYERS OF SOLID MAHOGANY.
#11159 Posted: 06:55:34 17/08/2016
[User Posted Image]

MYSTICAT

[User Posted Image]

AURORA
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:57:43 17/08/2016 by ZapNorris
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#11160 Posted: 06:57:41 17/08/2016
Lol. Really hoping that I can get Kaos by pre-ordering the DE at GameStop.

It'll be the only Starter I buy this year. I can wait for the Thumpin' Wumpa Island Adventure Pack to release on November 30, thank you!
And I don't REALLY need the normal variants!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#11161 Posted: 06:58:08 17/08/2016
[User Posted Image]

MYSTICAT

BOI WTF THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED AT ALL

EDIT: Also Aurora looks super derpy
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:59:25 17/08/2016 by Ratrepellent
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#11162 Posted: 06:58:25 17/08/2016
OMG MYSTICAT IS A QUADRUPLED CAT THINGY OMG HOS STAFF THATS IT NEW FAVE RIGHT THERE ZAP FIND MORE
#11163 Posted: 07:00:04 17/08/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
OMG MYSTICAT IS A QUADRUPLED CAT THINGY OMG HOS STAFF THATS IT NEW FAVE RIGHT THERE ZAP FIND MORE

[User Posted Image]

AURORA, WITH LEGS
#11164 Posted: 07:01:07 17/08/2016
She does look derpy. Zap where did you find these?
#11165 Posted: 07:01:47 17/08/2016

Gamescomgoers on Instagram.
---
#11166 Posted: 07:02:05 17/08/2016
I think we've seen her swords before in the E3 demo but Im not bothered to go back and check
#11167 Posted: 07:05:13 17/08/2016
Quote: Aura24

Gamescomgoers on Instagram.

Could you link it I can't find their page
---
yrocgames Gold Sparx Gems: 2722
#11168 Posted: 07:06:19 17/08/2016
I posted them
---
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0_L3dsR6hprEa93PItzjw
#11169 Posted: 07:06:39 17/08/2016
And some bad news.

In North America, fans who pre-order and purchase the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack will receive a playable Kaos Sensei toy for free while supplies last between October 16 – 22, 2016.
---
#11170 Posted: 07:06:44 17/08/2016
Quote: juarmo
Lol. Really hoping that I can get Kaos by pre-ordering the DE at gamestop.com

It'll be the only Starter I buy this year. I can wait for the Thumpin' Wumpa Island Adventure Pack to release on November 30, thank you!
And I don't REALLY need the normal variants!

Fixed for clarification.

I don't like reserving things in physical stores. Or picking them up. So much simpler to just have them ship everything to me.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:08:06 17/08/2016 by juarmo
yrocgames Gold Sparx Gems: 2722
#11171 Posted: 07:07:03 17/08/2016
http://imgur.com/a/idh3k
---
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0_L3dsR6hprEa93PItzjw
#11172 Posted: 07:11:16 17/08/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I was NOT expecting Barbella to be crystalline. MAN THE LAST TWO DAYS THERE ARE SO MANY SURPRISES.

Quote: Aura24
And some bad news.

In North America, fans who pre-order and purchase the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack will receive a playable Kaos Sensei toy for free while supplies last between October 16 – 22, 2016.

It doesn't really seem to imply that it's only with preorders more than any other info though?

I think Aura's issue is with the bolded line
---
#11173 Posted: 07:11:23 17/08/2016
Quote: yrocgames

Oooo HQ photos of Barbella and Tae, too, thanks Yroc
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#11174 Posted: 07:11:48 17/08/2016
These are amazing . Best reveal ever.

So surprising that mysticat is actually a feline centaur lol . It makes perfect sense considering we all didn't think it looked like a cat lol . We're sooo clueless lol

Here's hoping centaur like legs are n option for imaginators now that we've seen the senseis break the mold
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:13:21 17/08/2016 by B-BOB358
#11175 Posted: 07:12:23 17/08/2016
Looks like CoinOpTV gave us another level name, this time for the Quickshot Soul Gem in
Abandoned Amusment Park. Sounds interesting

Spoiler because I dont know maybe someone doesnt want to know where to find it?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#11176 Posted: 07:16:43 17/08/2016
Wow, Mysticat is kinda surprisingly bulky... Wait, does he have four legs? Like a cat version of a centaur? I wasn't as interested in him as most people, but suddenly I'm very curious to see more of him :0
What's the sauce, by the way?

Quote: TrapShadowFan
from a press release

I really hope these chests aren't a one-time use thing. Then the figure is worthless :/

My speculation is that there are different ones you can pull each one will unlock a different set of pieces and you can use the figure to unlock that set as much as you want.
it'd totally suck if they're one time use like really, what if your save corrupts or you switch consoles or something

I'm saying it'll suck if they unlock one set per-file and that's it.
#11177 Posted: 07:22:20 17/08/2016
So we can assume most/all of these characters are in Wave 1 right? My memory is really fuzzy, and I know they've shown off late-wave characters at early events before, but have they shown off Wave 2+ characters at Gamescom before?

I was NOT expecting Barbella to be crystalline. MAN THE LAST TWO DAYS THERE ARE SO MANY SURPRISES.

It doesn't really seem to imply that it's only with preorders more than any other info though?

I think Aura's issue is with the bolded line

I don't get it?

It's exclusive to North America.
Which, isn't an issue for me, as I pre-ordered the day I heard about the game!
And I live in North America
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:27:22 17/08/2016 by juarmo
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#11178 Posted: 07:22:31 17/08/2016
I woke up at three just for this and I'm GLAD I did!!! I'm still awake! It's literally 3am! I just saw Krankcase gameplay, and the Kaos trailer. SHOW ME THE REST.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#11179 Posted: 07:26:17 17/08/2016
Definately getting multiple molds I think . Now I need a crystal poster to pick Wat I want

[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:27:34 17/08/2016 by B-BOB358
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#11180 Posted: 07:29:30 17/08/2016
[User Posted Image]

MYSTICAT

[User Posted Image]

AURORA

OMG..
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#11181 Posted: 07:29:53 17/08/2016
So we can assume most/all of these characters are in Wave 1 right? My memory is really fuzzy, and I know they've shown off late-wave characters at early events before, but have they shown off Wave 2+ characters at Gamescom before?

I don't get it?

It's exclusive to North America.

It doesn't really imply that to me either. But some way or another I'll get him, and I'm content waiting because I really love what seems to be the rest of wave 1, anyway. This is definitely the best roster yet to me. The only character I don't actively like is Chompy Mage (and I'm willing to give him a chance, he can still have a good moveset).

1. Gamescom is in Europe! If it applied to Europe, it'd be announced there!
2. Some of us need to cut corners where we can, so having to pay an extra 15 dollars is a drag!
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#11182 Posted: 07:35:41 17/08/2016
I'm her... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
TOO EARLY!!!!!!!1!1
MYSTICAT IS A ******* CAT CENTAUR?!?!?! WHAT DID TFB TAKE?
BARBELLA IS CRYSTALIZED AND AURORA LOOKS STRANGE BUT I STILL LOVE MY CHILDREN! AND STARCAST!!!! OH MA LORD!!
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#11183 Posted: 07:36:07 17/08/2016
AAAAHHHHHH!!!! I am beyond hyped! Finally some overdue gameplay footage of Senseis!

Lex Lang reprises his role as Cortex!
Not so hyped about Hood Sickle's new voice. Makes him sound less scary. Still looks awesome!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11184 Posted: 07:39:30 17/08/2016
I'm exploding inside man.
---
Bruh
#11185 Posted: 07:43:03 17/08/2016
The boulder chases are coming back... it's time to fear again ;-;
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#11186 Posted: 07:45:38 17/08/2016
Cool, lots of news. Not sure if someone already posted Andy's video from Gamescom, but here it is

The imaginite chest thing must confirm the one in the Dark Pack in that image we got.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#11187 Posted: 07:51:40 17/08/2016
Quote: wideawakewesley
Cool, lots of news. Not sure if someone already posted Andy's video from Gamescom, but here it is

The imaginite chest thing must confirm the one in the Dark Pack in that image we got.

Anything on Aurora and Mysticat besides figure images and artwork?
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#11188 Posted: 07:52:36 17/08/2016
Did any of you notice?
The OLD Kaos Element Symbol is NOW the Kaos Battle Class Symbol.
The NEW Kaos Element Symbol is the OLD Villain Symbol.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#11189 Posted: 07:52:59 17/08/2016
Interesting... Klone Kaos' Element symbol is the one used for Villains in general during Trap Team and SC Racing.

And ninja'd, of course XP
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:54:08 17/08/2016 by Nightmoon
#11190 Posted: 07:54:25 17/08/2016
Are there any packaging pics? Or Starcast artwork?
#11191 Posted: 07:57:50 17/08/2016
Here's Starcast's artwork. And others.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Crash level cutscene! AND SPYRO!!

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:59:22 17/08/2016 by Aura24
First | Previous | Page 224 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 222 223 224 225 226 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me