Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 22 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
shinybenny7 Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1051 Posted: 15:52:50 16/04/2012
Just wondering but has anyone manged to buy the dark spyro single pack in the uk?
---
37/37Yay!smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#1052 Posted: 15:55:42 16/04/2012
I just hopped onto the Smyths website to see if they're released yet.

And well....
They're Northern Ireland exclusive, it seems....

[User Posted Image]
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:07 16/04/2012 by Astrail
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#1053 Posted: 16:05:04 16/04/2012
Hmm... it also says that Dragons Peak will be delivered to my nearest store in March, so....
No, I can't say a bad word about smyths, more than a quarter of my skylanders are from there.

On another note, the box art for DP has been added to Asda direct, but says they are out of stock.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#1054 Posted: 16:17:50 16/04/2012
Yes but Dragon's Peak WAS supposed to be here in March. With the rest of wave 4.

I kinda trust something saying NI exclusive more than a release date.
Not sure why its a NI exclusive, however. Not quite sure why we'd get a single pack anyway. I didn't think our 3DS sales were THAT poor.
---
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1055 Posted: 17:12:33 16/04/2012
Quote: Astrail
Yes but Dragon's Peak WAS supposed to be here in March. With the rest of wave 4.

I kinda trust something saying NI exclusive more than a release date.
Not sure why its a NI exclusive, however. Not quite sure why we'd get a single pack anyway. I didn't think our 3DS sales were THAT poor.

Well, i'm not sure why it was originally a Singapore exclutivity either.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#1056 Posted: 17:13:01 16/04/2012
Northern Ireland? Seriously? WTF? As an Irish person I'm just flabbergasted. Northern Ireland can't have any more than two Smyths stores...
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#1057 Posted: 18:57:07 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Northern Ireland? Seriously? WTF? As an Irish person I'm just flabbergasted. Northern Ireland can't have any more than two Smyths stores...

Yah it does seem weird them making it an Northern Ireland exclusive. Stil got mine with the 3ds version so am ok. Although it stil sucks for the people who are waiting to get him.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#1058 Posted: 21:29:49 16/04/2012
My brother literally just got back from a holiday in Northern Ireland today. Although it wouldn't make any difference to me, since I have a Dark Spyro, that is a pretty crazy coincidence.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#1059 Posted: 21:35:41 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sunny Castanets
My brother literally just got back from a holiday in Northern Ireland today. Although it wouldn't make any difference to me, since I have a Dark Spyro, that is a pretty crazy coincidence.

lol your making that up lol that is a pretty big coincidence though
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
#1060 Posted: 21:45:36 16/04/2012
Apparently theres like... 4/5 NI Smyths stores. Can't remember the exact number- I was checking them to see if any actually HAD him in (they didn't). Which isn't a lot at all.
---
#1061 Posted: 06:05:08 17/04/2012
That's really annoying cuz I have ignitor and stealth elf and I'm in the uk so no luck for me
---
37/37Yay!smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#1062 Posted: 06:49:22 17/04/2012
Quote: outerdragon
Quote: Sunny Castanets

lol your making that up lol that is a pretty big coincidence though

Total truths, dude!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#1063 Posted: 09:30:53 17/04/2012
THEY ARE HERE!

Welcome Zook, L-Rod, and Cynder

urm......my Cynder looks odd...her jaw doesnt look attached properly. I have given it a bit of a tug and it seems solid but just looks like it's been stuck on. Anyone else with Cynder have this problem or should I contact Activision?

Been looking at pics online and it looks like the jaw isnt a separate piece and it's all attached. :S

*edit* It actually has a really shocking paint defect on the wing too
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:36:07 17/04/2012 by IAmMarti
#1064 Posted: 10:24:27 17/04/2012
My Cynder is missing a drop of paint on her chest. I have seen a Cynder that has scratches on her hips. The jaw on both Cynders does look like a separate piece, that's glued on and does look a little out of place.

All Activison will do is send you a new figure if you contact them, they don't care about the details, this is of course assuming Cynder is on their list. Don't waste your time on the helpline either, us forum users know more than them smilie
---
#1065 Posted: 10:29:43 17/04/2012
My Cynder is missing a drop of paint on her chest. I have seen a Cynder that has scratches on her hips. The jaw on both Cynders does look like a separate piece, that's glued on and does look a little out of place.

All Activison will do is send you a new figure if you contact them, they don't care about the details, this is of course assuming Cynder is on their list. Don't waste your time on the helpline either, us forum users know more than them smilie

Do you know of any email address I could contact? I think my cynder looks pretty terrible smilie
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#1066 Posted: 10:59:29 17/04/2012
You wanna go here, Marti: https://warranty.activision.co...&WWGThreadIdx=1

Though they don't have Cynder in the list of available claims.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1067 Posted: 11:09:11 17/04/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
You wanna go here, Marti: https://warranty.activision.co...&WWGThreadIdx=1

Though they don't have Cynder in the list of available claims.

smilie wahhhhhh but she looks so crappy

Activision on twitter told me 'This is what I have: Phone: +44 845 528 0269 (local rate when calling from the UK, otherwise international rates apply)' duno if mum's going to let me phone 0845 number though =/ they said it didnt matter if Cynder isnt on the warranty list and to contact them. Hmm =/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:07:15 17/04/2012 by IAmMarti
#1068 Posted: 14:04:55 17/04/2012
Typical. Now my USB portal isnt working after the maintenance =/ says its connected but isnt reading any figures
#1069 Posted: 14:19:16 17/04/2012
^ It does that to me all the time when I use my Wii portal, the 3DS one has yet to do that on me.

If the figure bothers you then why not just repaint it? Cynder's derpy eyes bothered me, less then twenty minutes later with a somewhat steady hand she has much better eyes. Repainting figures isn't hard at all, you just need a small paint brush smilie
---
#1070 Posted: 14:25:14 17/04/2012
I tried my PC one and 3DS and it's not liking either. Just entered Zook and L-Rod over webcode and got my skyland upgraded :3 now I have no moneys smilie
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1071 Posted: 15:36:31 17/04/2012
Quote: IAmMarti
I tried my PC one and 3DS and it's not liking either. Just entered Zook and L-Rod over webcode and got my skyland upgraded :3 now I have no moneys smilie

try uninstalling the portal driver then reinstalling
#1072 Posted: 15:47:09 17/04/2012
My portal likes to do that on the universe as well. ..... just randomly in the middle of being on the website.

Thankfully, since they changed how to swap Skylanders without the portal, it isn't SO much of a problem. Especially if you've already summoned that Skylander (and changed) in that session.
---
Parabuds Green Sparx Gems: 106
#1073 Posted: 16:18:06 17/04/2012
Big delivery of Skylanders at my tesco. Including the ignitor single and zoom triple.
---
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
#1074 Posted: 16:35:29 17/04/2012
Quote: t7gga

try uninstalling the portal driver then reinstalling

=/ yeah done that too
#1075 Posted: 17:06:13 17/04/2012
Just went to the Carlisle TRU they had what you'd normally have, chop chop, boomer, eruptor,hex although they did have a lone cynder . So I went and asked when there gonna get dragons peak in stock and the employee pulled out a book with release dates for all skylanders and dragons peak was scheduled for easter but the man said they should get it in the next two weeks. Also warnado,wham shell and camo were scheduled for June/July time. Oh and after saying they'll get dragons peak soon he said they'll get "the next shipment" soon so fingers crossed that's dragon's peak, wham shell, camo and warnado
---
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#1076 Posted: 17:41:42 17/04/2012
Lightning Rod is on TRU
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-...ng-Rod(0097183)
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#1077 Posted: 17:52:20 17/04/2012

Activision on twitter told me 'This is what I have: Phone: +44 845 528 0269 (local rate when calling from the UK, otherwise international rates apply)' duno if mum's going to let me phone 0845 number though =/ they said it didnt matter if Cynder isnt on the warranty list and to contact them. Hmm =/

an alternative to the 0845 number is 020 3060 1000.

once connected press zero on your telephone to get through to reception and then ask for customer services
#1078 Posted: 18:27:00 17/04/2012
Less than helpful information over on the TRU UK Facebook page:

Me: Hi there, just wondering if there is any news on the release of the Skylanders Adventure Pack "Dragon's Peak" in stores and on your online store? Last release date I read was last Friday, but I've not seen it in my local store or online
7 hours ago - 2 people like this.

Toys R Us UK: Hi Mairéad, we have passed this query onto the relevant team who will respond to you as soon as possible. Thanks CD
6 hours ago

Me:Thank you smilie
3 hours ago

Toys R Us UK: Hi Mairéad, we are not expecting to receive Dragon's Peak until June. We hope that this helps with your query, Thanks CD.
2 hours ago

There is two comments from others that are of no relevance to the date of Dragon's Peak so I have removed this from this transcribe

Me: Hi CD, is there a reason why the Dragon's Peak pack has been pushed back until June? Seems a bit odd that you had/have gotten in newer figures in February and March, but now nothing until June...
25 minutes ago

I don't expect they will answer that last one from me, they are fairly rubbish on the Facebook page. This was the last thing they said about Dragon's Peak prior to my inquiry:

Toys R Us UK: Hi Jordan, we don’t have a confirmed due date for this item however we are hoping to have this item in stock by the end of next week. Thanks CD
10 April at 11:19
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:46 17/04/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#1079 Posted: 19:12:53 17/04/2012
^ wow they really have no idea do they? lol

I've spoken to Mum about my Cynder problem and she says I should defo give them a ring tomorrow. I'm not one to complain but the clumpy paint has now actually half fallen off to leave a streak of pink. Not sure how much 0845 cost, mum thinks its going to cost loads, internet seems to say 4p a minute or so. Hopefully I'll get a better replacement. Doubt they'll want me to send one back, from looking at what others say they never do.
#1080 Posted: 19:22:38 17/04/2012
^ I think 0845 numbers depend on your provider. I'm with Sky and it costs 6p a minute + 9p per call.

I'm more annoyed that the last time I was at TRU I spent £70 on Skylanders for my friend and I, I got two coupons one for £5 when you spend £5 and one £10 off when you spend £10. I was planning to spend them against other figures or Dragon's Peak, but since the £5 coupon expires on Saturday/Sunday that's not really going to work now :/
---
#1081 Posted: 19:42:05 17/04/2012
^ wow they really have no idea do they? lol

I've spoken to Mum about my Cynder problem and she says I should defo give them a ring tomorrow. I'm not one to complain but the clumpy paint has now actually half fallen off to leave a streak of pink. Not sure how much 0845 cost, mum thinks its going to cost loads, internet seems to say 4p a minute or so. Hopefully I'll get a better replacement. Doubt they'll want me to send one back, from looking at what others say they never do.

i'm guessing then for some reason you don't want to use an alternative to the 0845 number that is 020 3060 1000 as i posted above smilie
#1082 Posted: 19:43:03 17/04/2012
I just found this on ONM

http://www.officialnintendomag...a-role-to-play/

I remember Tom asking if I had any questions for them ages ago, looks like he managed to get an interview. No online multiplayer smilie wahh
#1083 Posted: 09:37:19 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I just found this on ONM

http://www.officialnintendomag...a-role-to-play/

I remember Tom asking if I had any questions for them ages ago, looks like he managed to get an interview. No online multiplayer smilie wahh

Shame would have been pretty cool if they had introduced multiplayer.
---
#1084 Posted: 10:44:37 18/04/2012
An update from TRU UK's Facebook query on Dragon's Peak, they did actually answer my release query:

Toys R Us UK: Hi Mairéad, sorry for any confusion which the Dragons Peak release date may have caused however the reason for the June release date is because Dragons Peak is part of a brand new set of figures which are not available until June. We release figures in bundles and Dragons Peak was not a part of the bundle which was released in February/March. We hope this has helped with your query. Thanks CD
29 minutes ago

I honest don't know what to say to that, as Dragon's Peak was the tail end of Wave 3 start of Wave 4 (with Lightning Rod and Zook) in the States

EDIT: Was going to bother Smyths instead as obviously TRU doesn't want my money, but it seems someone else already asked about Dragon's Peak and others:

Smyths Toys Superstores UK Software Zone:
Hi X, Apologies for the delayed reply.
Unfortunately we are not given exact dates from Activision so the below dates are approximate:

• Dragons Peak Adventure Pack – Not released yet, Won’t be available in April. Possibly releasing in May.
• Camo Single Figure – Not released yet, Won’t be available in April. Possibly releasing in May.
• Warnardo Single Figure – Not released yet, Won’t be available in April. Possibly releasing in May.
• Wham Shell Single Figure – Not released yet, Won’t be available in April or early May. Possibly releasing in End of May / June
• Ignitor Single Figure – Already released but no stock left, No more stock due in April, Possibly will be available again in May.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, Thanks for your enquiry.
10 April at 12:26
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:47:53 18/04/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#1085 Posted: 12:00:22 18/04/2012
^ that sucks.
#1086 Posted: 13:07:09 18/04/2012
... It seems the Smyths FB page knows more than the TRU one @_@.

Getting a bit fed up of waiting for it though, and eBay prices are waaaay more than I want to pay for it. Can't win @_@
---
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#1087 Posted: 13:14:18 18/04/2012
i didn't really wanna pay £35 for mine but i had a feeling as i thought it would also be a 30 day exclusive over here that it was gonna be hard to get hold of like darklight crypt was so im definitely glad i got it now considering that we don't even have an actual release date yet
---
I Have: 37/37
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#1088 Posted: 13:26:24 18/04/2012
No 'Landers in GAME, Tesco OR Morrisons Skegness today, though ASDA Boston had a couple of Drobots in last night...

I think the stock is starting to dry up again...
#1089 Posted: 14:05:34 18/04/2012
We might have to give our money to Sunny Castanets's friend and get them to supply the UK smilie

Smyths got back to my question on the Dark Spyro single, apparently he's exclusive to Northern Ireland AND the Republic (in short the whole of Ireland). I can't copy and paste the reply on my iPod, so either take my word for it or look up the Facebook page. I have also asked when the single will be available.
---
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1090 Posted: 14:43:40 18/04/2012
Bah! And double bah!

Bah at Dark Spyro being available almost randomly in a handful of countries!

And bah! at DP... well my neighbour's sort of step-father-in-law (lol) is going to get me mine from Poland where they're out and a decent price. I'm not sure when he's next due to go but he's back and forth all the time. Maybe I should get him to buy lots... he's a venture capitalist (like a Dragon from Dragon's Den if you don't know what one of those is) he could retail them here. He probably won't though. People would call "scalper" on him but I doubt he'd care... besides... if it's going to be the only way we can get it here I'd not mind and I think others here would probably agree.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#1091 Posted: 17:26:17 18/04/2012
To be fair, I doubt any scalpers care about being called one.
Its a legit business to them, and it earns them a decent return on each item (Generally I've seen some Skylanders for for at least twice the retail price on eBay).

While the UK lacks stock on a particular item, Activision are losing out on potential profit.
---
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1092 Posted: 18:10:59 18/04/2012
It's probably just me, but all this searching is making me LESS interested in the game.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#1093 Posted: 18:25:50 18/04/2012
Quote: reventon777
It's probably just me, but all this searching is making me LESS interested in the game.

It's not the searching that gets to me, it's the lack of information from the chain of Activision to stores on releases of figures. I would be happy to buy direct from Activision direct rather than keep asking clueless and disinterested staff for when figure X is in stock
---
Dragon Master58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1366
#1094 Posted: 20:30:54 18/04/2012

It's not the searching that gets to me, it's the lack of information from the chain of Activision to stores on releases of figures. I would be happy to buy direct from Activision direct rather than keep asking clueless and disinterested staff for when figure X is in stock

Agreed. Searching for them is a bit of a time-waste, especially when stores have none of the ones that you want. I've heard here and there that the earlier waves are easier to find, yet my local TRU never seems to have one stump smash smilie it's getting annoying and boring. Buying direct from activision would help me a lot, and i mean A LOT. maybe there should be a special online activision store to get their products direct from them, more or less. even better would be a seperate online shop just for skylanders, with newsfeed or email notifications to tell you which ones are available, when they're getting more stock or new figures. If we could buy figures like this, it could help people get the figures that they want and/or need for their collections without having to check every store in every town or having to pay ridiculous prices on ebay. Speaking of which, there's still the problem that scalpers could order massive quantities from the online store. maybe there'd be a limit of only 1 of each item, so you can get several different ones, but not tons of the same one.

If anyone could get in touch with activision somehow, they should pitch forward an idea like this, or one of their own. Just give the people what they want at the regular price of £7-£10, and try to get more figures delivered to the uk at least.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie - want these swappers the most
I own all figures from first 2 games except S2 Drobot; release him in the UK, Activision!!
#1095 Posted: 21:04:22 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator

Agreed. Without any real helpful information from Activision in terms of release dates etc we really are just running around hoping to find them.
---
zetazebrapies Gold Sparx Gems: 2310
#1096 Posted: 21:11:02 18/04/2012
Hey! Newbie here!smilie
I've had more luck in ARGOS than TRU lately. When I checked argos before and they had the ones I already owned, they said that they get different ones in a couple of every days. I don't know if that is true, so if you live near an argos, I recommend checking once and a while smilie
#1097 Posted: 21:14:22 18/04/2012
^ I asked them (Argos) about when they might get Dragon's Peak and the final few figures and their answer was along the lines of "dunno, keep checking our website". Not so helpful for me today :/

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have fun smilie
---
#1098 Posted: 21:26:53 18/04/2012
Quote: zetazebrapies
Hey! Newbie here!smilie
I've had more luck in ARGOS than TRU lately. When I checked argos before and they had the ones I already owned, they said that they get different ones in a couple of every days. I don't know if that is true, so if you live near an argos, I recommend checking once and a while smilie

welcome to the madhouse!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#1099 Posted: 21:31:03 18/04/2012
Welcome Zetazebrapies smilie

Argos is generally pretty good... the only problem is online/stock checking... neither tells you what they have in just if they have them.

@Buzz: The person you spoke to clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. The website considers all adventure packs to be Pirate Seas... so does their in-store stock system. The only way you can know which they have is to go into the shop and ask them. Man I am getting sick of misinformation from shop assistants. I understand they can't know about everything they sell so "I don't know." is a valid response but some of them just seem to make stuff up >.<
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#1100 Posted: 21:55:10 18/04/2012
^ It was on the Argos Facebook page, I just can't copy and paste from Facebook on my iPod smilie

I gave up asking store staff after I had a Gamestation staff member tell me that Pirate Seas was a limited pack and it wouldn't be back again - ever. I also had a Game staff member tell me about the "new" figures they might be getting in (Drill Sarg, Double Trouble and Whirlwind), three weeks after I got them in Smyths.

Although my favourite stoopid staff moment is joint in person and on the phone. In person I asked a staff member in a Game did they have any Skylander figures and he wanted to sign me up for the Giants mailing list. On the phone I had a TRU member unable to pronounce Drobot and had to spell it out.
---
First | Previous | Page 22 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me