darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 20 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8320
#951 Posted: 13:07:32 04/06/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan
Do you guys think sunburn,ghost roaster,and wham shell have a chance of getting in as superchargers since we haven't seen anyone from there element?

Maybe Ghost Roaster and Sunburn but we have seen a fish submarine. It likely means Gill Grunt (Or maybe even Riptide) is the reposed super charger. Also, we have seen an undead vehicle that has similarites to Roller Brawl.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
FlashbackJon Red Sparx Gems: 62
#952 Posted: 13:30:21 04/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Regarding Light and Dark I think I read somewhere there are actually 12 brand new Skylanders and 8 revamps.

David Nathanielsz, Senior Executive Producer of Vicarious Visions, says it here.
Furry360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2713
#953 Posted: 13:37:27 04/06/2015
It's confirmed that 8 out of the 20 new skylanders will be remade ones

That means 12 new and 8 old remade skylanders

Proof... Watch video at 14 min to 14:20

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSuDz0zbwM
---
spyro the best of ALL ( skylanders)
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#954 Posted: 13:46:21 04/06/2015

COUNT MONEYBONE RETURURNS AS A FULL VILLIAN!!!! smilie AND SHELLSHOCK! Level cap is still 20, but when they are supercharged they can go to 21!
---
Spread those positive vibes
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:48:19 04/06/2015 by WilltheWizard
#955 Posted: 13:58:51 04/06/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard

COUNT MONEYBONE RETURURNS AS A FULL VILLIAN!!!! smilie AND SHELLSHOCK! Level cap is still 20, but when they are supercharged they can go to 21!

Don't forget to mention that Gill Grunt is HEAVILY implied to be a Supercharger.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#956 Posted: 13:59:51 04/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Don't forget to mention that Gill Grunt is HEAVILY implied to be a Supercharger.

Yep. Yay... smilie
---
#957 Posted: 14:00:59 04/06/2015

Yep. Yay... smilie

I know right! Woooo!

Spyro and Hotdog plz.
---
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#958 Posted: 14:01:38 04/06/2015
Quote: JayjeA
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever

Well the idea is that there will be 10 new characters and 10 returning ones. That means that there are several possibilities for Light/Dark returning characters:
1. Spotlight and Blackout will return (likely)
2. Knight Light and Knight Mare will return (unlikely)
3. Knight Light/Blackout will return (very unlikely)
4. Knight Mare/ Spotlight will return (very unlikely)
5. They will bring back two different older charcters whose elements have changed to Light/Dark (not that likely)
6. They will turn two NPCs into Skylanders as Light/Dark characters (not that likely)
7. They got they're numbers wrong and the poster is correct, being that there will only be one new character of Light/Dark (likely)
8. There will be two new completely brand new Skylanders for Light, and two for Dark. (likely)
9. It could be a combination of some of these. (possible)

I'm looking at either 1or 7 happening; maybe even something else altogether will occur.

I'm thinking 1 or 6, but i'm leaning towards new L/D Skylanders all around.

I came up with a #8 and #9, which I've added above. This is possible if there really are just 8 revamps and not 10.
Now I`m going with 1, 7, or, 8. If the numbers are right, then 1. If there are 8 reposes and not 10, then 8. If the poster is correct, then 7, which is my best guess.

Quote: abstractsardine
Quote: GinjaNinja
Quote: alegeobla
Alright, so we have confirmation of 20 SuperChargers. 10 being new, 10 being reposed. And I love this, less collecting, more focusing on the game play. BUT.... does it confirm anywhere that there wont be 20 new cores (not superchargers) and 20 reposes (not superchargers)? Maybe the 20 characters theyre referring only to the SuperChargers to match with the vehicles.

Unless its been stated somewhere otherwise (theres way too much info too quickly to follow everything)

It's been stated that there are only 40 new toys to collect. The 20 superchargers and the 20 vehicles. Makes me wonder if expansion levels will return or not.

I'm hope they don't, I'm only getting the ones in TT so I have all villains.

Same reason for me as well. I just need the Dark Expansion pack so I can trap/evolve Nightshade.

Quote: wideawakewesley
Quote: Jimsta28
This is the image EB Games in NZ are using to promote it:
https://content.ebgames.co.nz/...erchargers1.jpg

Take the Roller Brawl and Flip Wreck inclusions or stupid marketing.

Depends, Roller Brawl looks new, but Flip Wreck looks the same, so not quite sure what's going on there. I've not seen any press assets that contain those two characters.

Roller Brawl does look like a variant, and based off of what some people said, she's from Lost Islands. Flip Wreck looks absolutely the same though. This is probably just a promotional or fan-made image.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
Chadamusprime Green Sparx Gems: 109
#959 Posted: 14:03:05 04/06/2015
Quote: FlashbackJon
Quote: Drek95
Regarding Light and Dark I think I read somewhere there are actually 12 brand new Skylanders and 8 revamps.

David Nathanielsz, Senior Executive Producer of Vicarious Visions, says it here.

Quote: Furry360
It's confirmed that 8 out of the 20 new skylanders will be remade ones

That means 12 new and 8 old remade skylanders

Proof... Watch video at 14 min to 14:20

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSuDz0zbwM

Nice spot, although given that Trigger Happy is basically a given with that box art, this now dashes all my dreams of a DroboCopter or DroBomber.
---
James Hetfield: Running, On our way, Hiding, You will pay, Dying, One thousand deaths.
Drobit: Searching, Seek and destroy!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:48 04/06/2015 by Chadamusprime
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#960 Posted: 14:03:33 04/06/2015
I didn't hear any confirmation on Shellshock and Moneybone appearing. They always answer those questions with 'maybe' and this is no different, pretty sure they also said that at Mesmerelda and some possible skylanders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:04:27 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
#961 Posted: 14:05:00 04/06/2015

Yep. Yay... smilie

I know right! Woooo!

Spyro and Hotdog plz.

Yes! Gill Grunt is back! GillGrunt4Ever is my name for a reason. smilie
Idk if I will buy his new figure though, but since I only have his S1 version, I might buy it. I will need to see if it looks awesome or just screwed up first though.
---
smilie smilie
#962 Posted: 14:10:18 04/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I didn't hear any confirmation on Shellshock and Moneybone appearing. They always answer those questions with 'maybe' and this is no different, pretty sure they also said that at Mesmerelda and some possible skylanders.

Guhala Bala said that we would be seeing a return of Moneybones in the video, and a bug chance of Shellshock coming back.
---
#963 Posted: 14:10:30 04/06/2015

It's been confirmed we'll see them in the video. Shellshock and Moneybone atleast.
---
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#964 Posted: 14:15:01 04/06/2015
Where do the Activision people get the idea that stealth elf, spyro, gill grunt, and other such moldy oldies are fan favorites? Did they do a poll? Because I am sure that there are much better characters to have chosen. Ghost Roaster and Sunburn are among some of the most missed and appreciated characters from what I have seen on here.
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#965 Posted: 14:19:06 04/06/2015
Quote: dinodig1767
Where do the Activision people get the idea that stealth elf, spyro, gill grunt, and other such moldy oldies are fan favorites? Did they do a poll? Because I am sure that there are much better characters to have chosen. Ghost Roaster and Sunburn are among some of the most missed and appreciated characters from what I have seen on here.

I would personally like them to bring back some cores from SWAP Force. Not because I like them, but because I do not have them, and being reposed would make it easier for me to add them to my collection.
---
smilie smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#966 Posted: 14:28:51 04/06/2015
I hope that Mesmeralda returns, she's a very memorable villain with a great personality.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#967 Posted: 14:29:44 04/06/2015
So there's absolutely no 2-player co-op like we've seen before? Meaning two Skylanders on the portal and two on the screen.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
conquertronina Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#968 Posted: 14:32:56 04/06/2015

It's worth noting that the sample size of fans that frequents these message boards is on average older than their target audience. I can definitely see younger kids getting attached to certain characters more than older players who are looking for novelty. Also, for what it's worth, all three of the characters you mentioned got the most votes for their element in an informal fan poll I created earlier this year that got 94 responses: https://docs.google.com/forms/...g/viewanalytics
I get that the die-hard fans are tired of the old standbys, but I don't think they represent the majority of dollars spent.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#969 Posted: 14:42:38 04/06/2015
Quote: Dmcrocks
So there's absolutely no 2-player co-op like we've seen before? Meaning two Skylanders on the portal and two on the screen.

I don't think so.

They simply didn't show it but if there is a form of co-op on vehicles I don't see why there wouldn't be one for platforming too.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#970 Posted: 14:44:07 04/06/2015

They confirmed co-op with the driving being that one player controls shooting and the other controls driving, so it only makes sense that the actual skylander portion of playing will have co-op like normal
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#971 Posted: 14:46:33 04/06/2015

Because of the shipments and sales of each of them? And Fanarts, Fanfictions, Merchandise ect include also to see what is most popular. Spyro, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt ect are very popular.
You want to say Spyro is not popular? lol
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:47:06 04/06/2015 by XSparxX
#972 Posted: 14:48:50 04/06/2015
Quote: XSparxX

Because of the shipments and sales of each of them? And Fanarts, Fanfictions, Merchandise ect include also to see what is most popular. Spyro, Stealth Elf, Gill Grunt ect are very popular.

Another reason I think Gill Grunt and Spyro often come back is because they have an established relationship. In the media, Spyro and Gill Grunt are depicted as best friends.
---
#973 Posted: 15:01:06 04/06/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
I hope that Mesmeralda returns, she's a very memorable villain with a great personality.

She has one? She uses puppets, she doesn't like people messing up her act... That's not what I call personality, that's what I call things she likes or dislikes.

I don't like the minor SF villains but I told you guys that a thousand times; they're just too one-note and more about their punchline than themselves. I'd like to see some of the allies from the books and comics actually; Calliope is going to need some help finding her family someday and Hurrikazam the Weather Wizard still more than owes the Skylanders one.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:11:32 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
#974 Posted: 15:22:13 04/06/2015

She has one? She uses puppets, she doesn't like people messing up her act... That's not what I call personality, that's what I call things she likes or dislikes.

I don't like the minor SF villains but I told you guys that a thousand times; they're just too one-note and more about their punchline than themselves. I'd like to see some of the allies from the books and comics actually; Calliope is going to need some help finding her family someday and Hurrikazam the Weather Wizard still more than owes the Skylanders one.

While I agree with you on Mesmerelda lacking a personality, Baron Von Shellshock has one and it's pretty good. A bit typical, but he's stilll pretty funny.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:22:57 04/06/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#975 Posted: 15:27:36 04/06/2015
He has one, but the problem is that it's completely overshadowed by the 'he's a coward' punchline. If his level was more about show and not tell, it woudn't be as one-note in my opinion. I don't need to be told he's running away or hiding behind his minions several times, do it like Pipsqueak and make you notice that he's too nervous to do things himself.

Though nothing beats Count Moneybone being too mad at you to notice he should NOT be fighting you directly.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:20 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
#976 Posted: 15:30:09 04/06/2015
Quote: XSparxX

Another reason I think Gill Grunt and Spyro often come back is because they have an established relationship. In the media, Spyro and Gill Grunt are depicted as best friends.

Yeah, I know if my best friend and I were Skylanders then I would want both of us coming back too, though I would miss some friends of mine from back in Spyro's Adventure.
---
smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#977 Posted: 15:43:15 04/06/2015

I think the main reason people like Mesmerelda is because she has potential for personality. People don't really know much about her and therefor want to see more, until then her personality is up to people's interpretations.

With that said, I'm with Deja Vu, I wanna see more of Mesmerelda too.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#978 Posted: 16:17:06 04/06/2015
Hey guys just btw they updated the Skylanders website:
http://www.skylanders.com/home
---
smilie smilie
#979 Posted: 16:27:44 04/06/2015
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever
Hey guys just btw they updated the Skylanders website:
http://www.skylanders.com/home

It updated with Superchargers stuff yesterday,though now it's a bit less broken and more organized.
---
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#980 Posted: 16:31:02 04/06/2015
So are the reposes not like the old reposes? are they like completely different characters?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#981 Posted: 16:32:38 04/06/2015
Quote: wah543
So are the reposes not like the old reposes? are they like completely different characters?

They are the same characters in name only. They will have a new set of moves and abilities.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:08 04/06/2015 by Tigorus
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#982 Posted: 16:33:51 04/06/2015
Nice that's what I was looking for
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#983 Posted: 16:44:30 04/06/2015

good i felt a bit locked up in that 3ds game smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#984 Posted: 17:29:45 04/06/2015
Anyone know if the Supercharged version of old figures will be playable as their former selves in past games?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#985 Posted: 17:50:53 04/06/2015
Quote: Skylandscaper
Anyone know if the Supercharged version of old figures will be playable as their former selves in past games?

Hmmm, doubt it. All skylanders are recorded in the game's disc, the ship inside the toy only "unlocks" that piece of information within the blue ray. That said, in order fo those "old skylanders converted to superchargers" to be playable on older versions they should have been recored in SSA, SG,SSF and STT when they games were being developed, and that is something that probably didn't happen. The only way they could be playable is activision releasing a patch that allow so. But I don't think that's gonna happen either.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#986 Posted: 17:59:08 04/06/2015
Because they have different upgrade paths, I'm not sure. Stealth Elf has no equivalent to her melee path now, so it'd be really silly to convert the gun path to Pook Blade Saint in older games(even if her stealth path is probably going to stay replacing the dummies with the planted gun). But maybe they can register both versions of the figure?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:36 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#987 Posted: 18:22:48 04/06/2015

Ok so this video says a few interesting things:

- Land vehicles: Car, motorcycles, tanks, trucks

- Sky vehicles: Spaceships, UFOs, planes, helicopters

- Reason why not going above 20 level cap: they want fans to focus on other skylanders (aka buy more figures)

- Vehicles being supported on future games?: The guy doesn't answer the question and starts talking about how all the figures from the previous games are compatible (aka they are unsure if they will still be supported on sky 6)

- Light vehicles confirmed: It seems they are gonna be "sky" ones.

- Gill Grint is 99% to be repose as a supercharger.

- A new system of puzzle is being implemented, which will be associated with each particular level. For instance you will have to move the clouds cleverly on the clouds kingdom in order to make achievements.

- A huge flying dragon confirmed as level. This level will be a "moving" one.

- Wii and 3ds versions different form the others. The developers are different as well depending on which console we are talking about.

- There are vehicle elemental zones: Does this implies that we'll need a vehicle of each element to complete 100%??

- The guys say you'll only need the starter pack to complete the main storyline...does this means that apart from the car toy, we'll need a supercharger figure?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:29 04/06/2015 by angelg
#988 Posted: 18:41:44 04/06/2015
Superchargers only raise damage,though. Unless they'll make Nightmare frustrating enough to require a vehicle duo,no way to make that required. And unless vehicles negate that nothing a bunch of Lightcore blasts can't fix.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:04 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#989 Posted: 18:44:33 04/06/2015
Oh man, I love what they're doing with the continuity stuff so far. Bringing back Count Moneybone is a very good choice, since he is a cool villain. Shellshock was also great, so I'm glad he's coming back too!

Man, I hope they keep bringing back villains.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#990 Posted: 18:52:01 04/06/2015

It looks like there should be.

[User Posted Image]
---
Dead
#991 Posted: 18:53:15 04/06/2015
Yay for page glitches, it cuts off immediately after the picture. Starting to think they're why pages sometimes stop loading halfway through.

Also the co-op is only limiting in vehicle. The normal co-op plays like normal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:38 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#992 Posted: 19:07:25 04/06/2015
Apparently Kaos' The Doom Station of Ultimate Doomstruction is simply a giant metal Kaos head that is eating the sky. It's tearing apart the connections between the Portal Masters on Earth and Skylands, and I assume Kaos is still continuing his awareness of the new Portal Master.

http://www.kidzworld.com/artic...gers-sneak-peek
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#993 Posted: 19:10:29 04/06/2015
Quote: Aura24
Apparently Kaos' The Doom Station of Ultimate Doomstruction is simply a giant metal Kaos head that is eating the sky. It's tearing apart the connections between the Portal Masters on Earth and Skylands, and I assume Kaos is still continuing his awareness of the new Portal Master.

http://www.kidzworld.com/artic...gers-sneak-peek

In the credits of TT,even powerless he was VERY aware that you can hear him when the game says so, so much that he could also see the credits.
But don't forget that Skylands is also the convergence between the multiverse - so he's not only destroying the connection to Earth,he's stranding the entire place out of reality.
---
#994 Posted: 19:20:28 04/06/2015
The SuperCharger and their vehicles will help us reconnect the connection between Skylands and Earth, otherwise we can't help the Skylanders.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:57 04/06/2015 by Aura24
#995 Posted: 19:21:57 04/06/2015
Yeah, it seems like they have some way of opening nearby portals during the modding menu, since usually the Skylanders can only portal around vertically(and the interdimensional vortex of the Magic Moment points down in the game's perspective).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:24 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5540
#996 Posted: 19:24:12 04/06/2015
Hey guys, where did we learn Dive-Clops and Hurricane Jet-Vac's names? Also, where did we get the full body image of Hurricane Jet-Vac?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#997 Posted: 19:27:32 04/06/2015
Yeah, it seems like they have some way of opening nearby portals during the modding menu, since usually the Skylanders can only portal around vertically(and the interdimensional vortex of the Magic Moment points down in the game's perspective).

And Skylanders can't portal to areas asap without a Portal Master. They pretty much have to fly/travel all the way to their destination, which takes time.
---
#998 Posted: 19:27:56 04/06/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Hey guys, where did we learn Dive-Clops and Hurricane Jet-Vac's names? Also, where did we get the full body image of Hurricane Jet-Vac?

Dive-Clops nearly every article mentioned, Hurricane Jet-Vac only has screenshots and the starter pack thing and was mentioned at GameInformer.

Back to the plot, and without a Portal Master, Spyro takes over as the temporary leader. Probably this is why Rift into Overdrive happens?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:33:20 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
#999 Posted: 19:38:20 04/06/2015
It can, but let's not forget that Master Eon is still present in some form in the comics. He still has a bit of his powers and portal transportation is shown to be still possible (Issue #3).
---
#1000 Posted: 19:48:44 04/06/2015
Quote: Aura24
It can, but let's not forget that Master Eon is still present in some form in the comics. He still has a bit of his powers and portal transportation is shown to be still possible (Issue #3).

I wonder how the final level will play out. Perhaps the portal connection will be interrupted and we might not see the Skylander?
---
First | Previous | Page 20 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me