darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > GamerNation: Skylanders vs. Disney Infinity (with pennyman himself!)
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
GamerNation: Skylanders vs. Disney Infinity (with pennyman himself!) [CLOSED]
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#51 Posted: 13:58:00 18/08/2013
Another reason why DI is a ripoff: 3DS! I did a little spelunking in IGN and found that the 3DS version is just Mario Party, but Disney themed and you can level up your figs. Hear that? 3DS gets NO story, and NO Toybox, just another reason NOT to get Ripoff xInfinity.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 13:58:01 18/08/2013
Quote: King_Pika
Quote: wreckingballbob

The only reason you all wouldn't touch it with a pole is because it supposedly ripped off Skylanders.

Yep that's it! Problem?

Thanks for proving my hypothesis about Skylanders Fanboys and ignoring half my post. Appreciate it.

Okay the other/

What is that?
What is that?
Off what?
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#53 Posted: 14:00:23 18/08/2013

The only reason you all wouldn't touch it with a pole is because it supposedly ripped off Skylanders.

Yep that's it! Problem?

Thanks for proving my hypothesis about Skylanders Fanboys and ignoring half my post. Appreciate it.

stick to your disney infinity forums then... gooooooooooooodbye muppet!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:08 18/08/2013 by kappapopm
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#54 Posted: 14:03:24 18/08/2013

Yep that's it! Problem?

Okay the other/

What is that?
What is that?
Off what?

Off UB Funkies

Ah, so you dont know Harvest Moon or Shin Megami Tensei. good day sir, I'm just done with you.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#55 Posted: 14:04:41 18/08/2013

Okay the other/

What is that?
What is that?
Off what?

Off UB Funkies

Ah, so you dont know Harvest Moon or Shin Megami Tensei. good day sir, I'm just done with you.

UB funkies?

It is not like it is proper game or anything just USB stick things!
---
#56 Posted: 14:07:14 18/08/2013

Okay the other/

What is that?
What is that?
Off what?

Off UB Funkies

sorry to tell you but the UB funkies is dead and have been for years noaw... and what is Harvest Moon or Shin Megami Tensei??? more stolen stuff and rip of done by disney?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:08:44 18/08/2013 by kappapopm
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#57 Posted: 14:09:16 18/08/2013
Straight from Wikipedia- Harvest Moon, known in Japan as Bokujō Monogatari (牧場物語?), is a farm simulation role-playing video game series created by Yasuhiro Wada[1] and produced by Victor Interactive Software (acquired by Marvelous Entertainment in 2003). The main objective of the game is to rebuild a run-down old farm and turn it into a successful one. Over a period of time the player tends to crops and livestock, befriends nearby townsfolk, and eventually in some series get married and start a family.

Used to love that game, always played it on the Gamecube.

Never heard of the other game though...
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:55 18/08/2013 by BlueFox
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#58 Posted: 14:11:58 18/08/2013
I'm guessing you folks have never heard of ATLAS.

Downright shame too. They make great games like Etrian Odyssey.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#59 Posted: 14:13:07 18/08/2013
I'm guessing you folks have never heard of ATLAS.

Downright shame too. They make great games like Etrian Odyssey.

nop... but as long its not diensy i guess its okay...
#60 Posted: 14:13:19 18/08/2013
Maybe everything is a rip off of everything!

Still hate DI though.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#61 Posted: 14:15:41 18/08/2013
So you hate infinity just because it has the Skylander concept?

Shame on you
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#62 Posted: 14:15:47 18/08/2013
I don't hate Disney Infinity at all. It seems fun, still want some quadrupeds in the cast though. I thought Disney was going to put Simba in there for sure.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#63 Posted: 14:18:17 18/08/2013
Quote: ZapNorris
So you hate infinity just because it has the Skylander concept?

Shame on you

I also don't like making games like Minecraft.

Shame on me? Well my opinion! Shame on you for disrespecting me!
---
#64 Posted: 14:22:43 18/08/2013
I am with Wrecking Ball Bob on this... He just hates DI for a good reason. King Pika, stop bothering him cause he hates DI. I dislike it. And note to everyone: Read my post on the top of page 2, and you shall see another reason why DI is not good.
---
nyeheheheheh

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:54 18/08/2013 by hardcoreignitor
#65 Posted: 14:25:04 18/08/2013
Okay lets see.

Skylanders=Better toys,better characters and better gameplay.
---
#66 Posted: 14:30:24 18/08/2013
But 3DS version is just Mario Party Disney! Now they ripped off Mario Party too! I freaking love the series, and DI copying 2 of my fave games is a HUGE NO-NO!
---
nyeheheheheh

GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#67 Posted: 14:55:12 18/08/2013
LOL! Ok so I just got back from toys r us. They had infinity everywhere there. Banner on the front of the building, signs littered on the grass in front of the store as if someone was endorsing infinity for an upcoming election, and 4 sections of infinity figures in the store. They didn't hold back, and it made me wish activision would do the same with skylanders. However I was in the store for 1 hour, and not one single person was there to buy infinity but me. For reference, this store was packed on giants launch, yet not one single person came in for infinity. Yikes.

Oh and I can confirm disney and toys r us are screwing people over big time. Bought 3 exclusive disc packs, and each had mike's car, which is one of the 10 exclusive discs. I feel for those who don't know better and buys 20 packs hoping to get 10 exclusive discs, because its all mike's car. RIPOFF!
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#68 Posted: 14:57:45 18/08/2013
OMG Gamemaster! I actually wanna go to my local TRU now for 2 reasons 1: Its BOGO for single packs 2: If all the buzz is on Infinity, then No one will be at the SG Display! More figgys for moi!
---
nyeheheheheh

#69 Posted: 14:58:29 18/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
LOL! Ok so I just got back from toys r us. They had infinity everywhere there. Banner on the front of the building, signs littered on the grass in front of the store as if someone was endorsing infinity for an upcoming election, and 4 sections of infinity figures in the store. They didn't hold back, and it made me wish activision would do the same with skylanders. However I was in the store for 1 hour, and not one single person was there to buy infinity but me. For reference, this store was packed on giants launch, yet not one single person came in for infinity. Yikes.

Oh and I can confirm disney and toys r us are screwing people over big time. Bought 3 exclusive disc packs, and each had mike's car, which is one of the 10 exclusive discs. I feel for those who don't know better and buys 20 packs hoping to get 10 exclusive discs, because its all mike's car. RIPOFF!

Ha ha no on came for that stupid game!

So there is exclusive discs ten of them but they give you the same one in three packs?

Rip Off!
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#70 Posted: 15:07:36 18/08/2013
I think the others are in cases.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#71 Posted: 15:08:56 18/08/2013
Disney Infinity took none of the characters, locations, or any thing that has been in a Skylanders game. The only thing that's the same in any way is bringing toys to life. Just because Skylanders did it first doesn't mean anything afterwards is a rip-off! There was probably a game bringing toys to life before Skylanders that just wasn't popular! Does that mean Skylanders is a rip-off too? No! They are two very different games and if they thought it was a rip-off, Activision would have done something by now.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#72 Posted: 16:11:04 18/08/2013
Quote: Troll Slug
No! Infinity is a ripoff! Pokemon is awesome, and is not a ripoff of Skylanders! I hope that Infinity ain't successful.

Disney Infinity will be very very successful since Disney has been out before Skylanders even exist to this world and some of you aren't even born yet. You know the saying "gone with the old (Skylanders), in with the new" (Disney Infinity).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:21:39 18/08/2013 by Hexblazer
#73 Posted: 16:21:17 18/08/2013
Quote: Hexblazer
No! Infinity is a ripoff! Pokemon is awesome, and is not a ripoff of Skylanders! I hope that Infinity ain't successful.

Disney Infinity will be very very successful since Disney has been out before Skylanders even exist to this world and some of you aren't even born yet. You know the saying "gone with the old, in with the new".

Even if Disney Infinity is successful

Skylanders will continue.
---
#74 Posted: 16:25:40 18/08/2013
Quote: Hexblazer

Disney Infinity will be very very successful since Disney has been out before Skylanders even exist to this world and some of you aren't even born yet. You know the saying "gone with the old, in with the new".

Even if Disney Infinity is successful

Skylanders will continue.

Alot of people know about Disney so i know it will be successful and skylanders has been successful from the very beginning so both will be successful.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#75 Posted: 16:35:05 18/08/2013
All this blind Disney Infinity hate sickens me. Grow up.

No no no no we can hate whatever we want respect opinions.

Grow up...

Than explain the skylanders figures found in the Disney Infinity video.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#76 Posted: 16:45:06 18/08/2013
Day1 - Infinity looks to be a bust at my Walmart. They only had 2 starter kits (Did not look to see for what system) and they only had the singles minus Randall (Purple lizard from Monsters Inc.). No 3-Packs, Expansion packs, Power Disc or Accessories.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6100
#77 Posted: 17:30:34 18/08/2013
All this blind Disney Infinity hate sickens me. Grow up.

Grow up...

Actually no. I'm ok with Disney doing something similar. What I dislike is their character line-up and that the main focus is a Toy Box mode. I'm the kind of guy who wants to play a pre-made level, not sit around all day making them.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#78 Posted: 17:33:56 18/08/2013
Quote: Seiki

Grow up...

Actually no. I'm ok with Disney doing something similar. What I dislike is their character line-up and that the main focus is a Toy Box mode. I'm the kind of guy who wants to play a pre-made level, not sit around all day making them.

I feel the same way Seiki. I like brand new characters that no one has known about before, and pre-made levels.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:53 18/08/2013 by weebbby
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6100
#79 Posted: 17:48:43 18/08/2013
Quote: weebbby

I feel the same way Seiki. I like brand new characters that no one has known about before, and pre-made levels.

It's not a matter of wanting new characters. It's just that I would've preferred they focused on some of Disney's more core stuff like Lion King, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and less on Pixar. I'm happy about Jack Skellington, Sorceror Mickey, Ralph, and Vanellope, but those are the only ones I'm ok with.

Ralph and Jack need levels, not jsut to be Toy Box only.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#80 Posted: 17:52:58 18/08/2013
Quote: weebbby

It's not a matter of wanting new characters. It's just that I would've preferred they focused on some of Disney's more core stuff like Lion King, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Cinderella, and less on Pixar. I'm happy about Jack Skellington, Sorceror Mickey, Ralph, and Vanellope, but those are the only ones I'm ok with.

Ralph and Jack need levels, not jsut to be Toy Box only.

Well I like to have brand new stuff myself, characters that were in other things seem like a waste in a game like these to me.
#81 Posted: 18:16:58 18/08/2013
My local Best Buy didn't even get in the Lone Ranger, Sidekick, or Villain 3 packs.

Again, the TRU exclusive packs ALL have the same exclusive disc, Mike's Car. That right there is LOL worthy.

Worst of all, Infinity Power Disc packs aren't labeled Series 1, so how is anyone ever going to know when TRU decides to stock their next exclusive disc in their gold packaging? Same goes for Series 2 discs in regular packaging?

Seems to be a mess. They had a whopping 4 sections, and I was the only one buying from it. When I went to Best Buy, one father and daughter were waiting for the store to open, but only so they could buy a new TV.

The game's menus are a mess, too. It's hard to navigate and find out what's going on and where to start. If it's confusing for this adult, I wonder how my kids will navigate in order to play what they want?
---
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#82 Posted: 18:25:50 18/08/2013
I really want to go to the shops to see Infinity.
When SSA came out there was a display at the front of my Tescos and everyone was crowded around it!
(I just hope thats not the same for Infinity...)

EDIT: Looked on Tesco's website and Swap Force has there own store! (Well page on the Tesco website). Infinity however... Nothing! They only have the starter packs!
http://www.tesco.com/direct/sk...landerswapforce <-Swap Force
http://www.tesco.com/direct/di...mes_trade_slot1 <- Infinity's nothing!
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:15 18/08/2013 by LegendaryFlames
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#83 Posted: 20:26:11 18/08/2013
Stopped into 2 Walmarts because I was trying to find a frame for a poster I got. First one appeared to have either sold out or not had that much stuff; the starter packs, plus Mike, Mater and the Villain/sidekick packs.
Second one had all that stuff in more quantities, plus the little disc baggies. I'll say that the stuff looks cool but...doesn't seem like anyone picked it up.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#84 Posted: 21:46:03 18/08/2013
Stop by GameStop and they had only gotten 1 Cars Expansion pack ( it was sold by the time I got there) They had 1 Sidekick pack, 5 Villian packs and 4 Lone Rangers Expansion packs left. They had a box of Power disc also.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:29 18/08/2013 by dinoah2005
#85 Posted: 23:44:02 18/08/2013
I went to TRU and they had alot of Disney Infinity from Starter Pack, Play Set, Power Disc & Power Disc (TRU Exclusive) and also the Crystal White Lightning McQueen (TRU Exclusive) and other Figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:48 18/08/2013 by Hexblazer
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#86 Posted: 01:52:32 19/08/2013
My gamestop had the stuff behind the counter. I got my game, violet, both 3 packs, and a power disc pack. Then I went to target for the Lone Ranger Playset.

No playsets. Truck comes Tuesday. Got a rain check.

I got dash and 4 more power disc packs at target.

The good part... This sucker right here.

[User Posted Image]
#87 Posted: 01:53:51 19/08/2013
And what would that be?
---
nyeheheheheh

Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#88 Posted: 02:12:29 19/08/2013
Buzz Lightyear.

Otherwise I don't know.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
#89 Posted: 05:48:19 19/08/2013
Getting all 20 power discs wasn't hard.

To get all 20 power discs, I ended up with only 4 dupes... I kid you not. My son has this lucky side to him. I tell him to pick things out and he ends up getting the things he/I need.

Zap, the easiest thing to get was the orange discs. All you do to see if they're in the bag, is rub your fingernail over the package and see if you hit the lenticular grooves. I actually got all 3 orange discs first and was 3/3 on them.
---
#90 Posted: 05:59:25 19/08/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Getting all 20 power discs wasn't hard.

To get all 20 power discs, I ended up with only 4 dupes... I kid you not. My son has this lucky side to him. I tell him to pick things out and he ends up getting the things he/I need.

Zap, the easiest thing to get was the orange discs. All you do to see if they're in the bag, is rub your fingernail over the package and see if you hit the lenticular grooves. I actually got all 3 orange discs first and was 3/3 on them.

I don't understand, what lenticular groove? Don't all disc have the same groove?
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#91 Posted: 07:53:25 19/08/2013
Will look into all the stores for infinity launch in 3 days... Will see how it goes in Australia...
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#92 Posted: 09:09:38 19/08/2013
this topic , is a war.....
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#93 Posted: 09:49:06 19/08/2013
disney is a bigger company than activision as it has 2 huge companies that they have the rights 2:

marvel and the star wars company

(not saying that infinitys better i prefer skylanders) but infinity is on my xmas list
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#94 Posted: 10:26:49 19/08/2013
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Heirumaru2286
Yep. Skylanders is just BEASTY

Seriously though, Skylanders is a REALLY awesome series, in general.

I DEFINITELY ate my whole words, after playing the first game. Here I thought
That this would just be one of those fads that comes and goes. But NOPE!

What I get, is a series of games that takes me on one heckuva nostalgic trip
back to the age of the SNES and Genesis adventure games, each and every
time I play.

THIS reason, and the fact that the character I play as or magical attacks/items
I use in-game, are actually PHYSICAL figurines I can collect, or just look at them
for artistic appreciation, is why I love Skylanders, and will continue to support Acti/TFB/V V.

And yes.... 1.5 BILLION, with a B lol

I personally thought the figures were a cool idea too. Even if you're not playing Skylanders, you still get something nice to look at.

Heh, glad you agree smilie
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
#95 Posted: 10:33:38 19/08/2013
Quote: ShaneK
Quote: Heirumaru2286
Yep. Skylanders is just BEASTY

Seriously though, Skylanders is a REALLY awesome series, in general.

I DEFINITELY ate my whole words, after playing the first game. Here I thought
That this would just be one of those fads that comes and goes. But NOPE!

What I get, is a series of games that takes me on one heckuva nostalgic trip
back to the age of the SNES and Genesis adventure games, each and every
time I play.

THIS reason, and the fact that the character I play as or magical attacks/items
I use in-game, are actually PHYSICAL figurines I can collect, or just look at them
for artistic appreciation, is why I love Skylanders, and will continue to support Acti/TFB/V V.

And yes.... 1.5 BILLION, with a B lol

Very cool

EDIT: and Ninja'd

Thanks, dude
---
#96 Posted: 10:41:25 19/08/2013
Okay lets see.

Skylanders=Better toys,better characters and better gameplay.

^THIS
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#97 Posted: 11:58:04 19/08/2013
For anybody who's played it, is it fun? How similar is it to Skylanders if at all?
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#98 Posted: 12:17:50 19/08/2013
They say that its menu's are confusing...Not good for the tareget audience...
---
nyeheheheheh

#99 Posted: 12:22:36 19/08/2013
Quote: awesomerockets
For anybody who's played it, is it fun? How similar is it to Skylanders if at all?

I've played a bit, during the pre-launch event at Nintendo World. Only similarities is the whole "bring figures to life" concept, and you get adventure packs. The storyline though? That's where the similarities end.
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#100 Posted: 12:28:16 19/08/2013
i think disney shouldve waited for skylanders to die before they tried to release their own game :/ its getting a lot of haters
First | Page 2 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me