Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders "Gem(s) of my collection" thread
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Skylanders "Gem(s) of my collection" thread [CLOSED]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#51 Posted: 12:51:46 22/01/2013
^ You shoulder reported the Best Buy employee and made them get the Clear ones for you. Those damn employees always steal stock, which isn't fair at all.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#52 Posted: 05:31:02 23/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
I think mine would have to be:

-Arkeyan Chop Chop Custom: Although I'm sure a lot of people have really rare figures, this one has struck me as one of my favorites because of how much time I spent into making it. First custom figure pretty much I've ever done, and a lot of love went into making him look just right.

-Flocked Stump Smash: One of the coolest promotional figures I've seen in quite a few years. Plus, I seemed to be one of the first people to get him, if the thread here was any indication. So that was kind of cool as well.

-Spyros: The entire reason I got into the Skylanders franchise was because it had one of my flat out favorite video game characters in it- Spyro. I grew up with the Spyro games (Spyro the Dragon was the first game I ever owned for my first console) so it was wonderful seeing him again. To heck with the haters I say! Less than 2 years ago, there was ZERO Spyro merch out there on the market, sans the plush from carnivals and stuff. So right now I think younger me would have a conniption that there's not only plush but Styluses, figures, toy sets etc etc all bearing the name of my favorite purple dragon.

Good write up! Interesting to read about your gems.
If you invest alot of time into a custom and it turns out well, I don't see how it could NOT be one of your favs. Nice work!
Looks like you could use Chrome Spyro at some point! I, too, love Spyro and love how the chrome figure looks. Check out T7gga's pic of him:

[User Posted Image]
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
Deadmau5 Fan 98 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#53 Posted: 08:25:27 25/01/2013
Wow, that chrome spyro looks amazing! Anyway, the gem of my collection is my GITD Cynder. I don't know how to upload a pic from my iPod touch though...
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#54 Posted: 12:53:59 25/01/2013
Just go to imgur. I do it all the time.
#55 Posted: 02:03:49 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Deadmau5 Fan 98
Wow, that chrome spyro looks amazing! Anyway, the gem of my collection is my GITD Cynder. I don't know how to upload a pic from my iPod touch though...

This may be more difficult using an iPod Touch, but try and see if following my previous instructions will help you.
BTW, I know right... talking about the Chrome Spyro! He DOES look amazing!!

Quote: DluA
First off, thanks everyone for sharing all of your gems! It's pretty cool to read how these have become your favorites.
I do have one critique, however... WE NEED MORE PICTURES or VIDEOS!!!

To post a pic:
1. The picture must first be uploaded to the internet ( Some popular sites are: imgur.com, photobucket.com)
2. Once the URL has been generated to where your pic has been uploaded, copy it.
3. Click on the "image" icon found above the comment window (the icon has the sun, tree, blue sky, and grass look)
4. Paste your pic URL within the [img]HERE[img] brackets.
5. Always preview first, by pressing the "Preview Reply" button.
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#56 Posted: 21:02:43 07/02/2013
Updated post #7 smilie
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
#57 Posted: 21:10:05 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: JackSparx
Updated post #7 smilie

Cool looking photo Jack! Looks like your Sidekicks came in. It also seems like Green Gill Grunt would go nicely in this picture!?

[User Posted Image]
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#58 Posted: 21:14:01 07/02/2013
^ Huh!? I guess I really never paid attention to this before? I assume the SSA slap bracelet, is in the same promotional giveaway realm as these SG items that are for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item41701b17c3

At any rate, I would also have to assume that the slap bracelet is pretty rare. Thanks for the pic!

Even more rare. They handed these out only at ONE local Walmart in my city, for one day only, for 3 hours that day, and even then they didn't have but about 10. I grabbed 4 and gave 3 to my kids and hung one on my wall.

I've tried looking on Ebay for these wrist bracelets, and no one has listed any... that I know of.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#59 Posted: 21:22:23 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
^ So you're saying it is one of the gems of your collection then!?! smilie

I think you should put it in a small frame and display it better on your wall. It appears that it may be the rarest Skylander related thing in your collection.

[User Posted Image]
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#60 Posted: 22:14:04 07/02/2013
LOL! It's funny, really, that something so small and cosmetic, could end up being the rarest thing one owns.

I was hoping reps for Skylanders would be going around stores, handing out goodies this time, but they didn't. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#61 Posted: 22:14:08 07/02/2013
Quote: JackSparx
Updated post #7 smilie

Cool looking photo Jack! Looks like your Sidekicks came in. It also seems like Green Gill Grunt would go nicely in this picture!?

[User Posted Image]

Green Gilly would go great. Alas, i can't afford him in the xbox bundle, and he was another america only figure.
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#62 Posted: 13:34:05 11/02/2013
My updated gem if my collection list is:

Gill Runt
Terrabite
Eye brawl
Thumpback
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#63 Posted: 04:12:26 20/03/2013
My gems are my top three

Stone Zook (Randomly found at a TRU at day 1)
Stone Whirlwind (A kind Best Buy Employee went to check if they had her as a stone variant and he brought it out to me and I bought it)
Jade Flashwing
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#64 Posted: 04:18:21 20/03/2013
Granite Crusher is mine, probably because he is just so great and I feel so lucky to have found him before he disappeared.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#65 Posted: 04:51:00 20/03/2013
My favourite "gems" in order are:

1: Molten Hot Dog.
2: GITD Fright Rider (my first gem.)
3: Golden Flameslinger.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
pokemonblack100 Green Sparx Gems: 326
#66 Posted: 05:18:58 20/03/2013
My Gems Updated:

#3: Glitter Sporocket

#2: Glitter Sonic Boom

#1:
Employee Prism Break
---
Want: Vocanic Vault, Chase variants, Gnarly
Come check out my trades for the figures above by clicking my name and checking my guestbook annocument
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#67 Posted: 06:58:02 20/03/2013
[User Posted Image]
  • Warnado: I forgot to put him here, but he's like Dark Spyro's "partner", I got him when he was sick, and he has a little cratch on his eye so he's like my Warnado. He's special to me.
  • I obtained Amazon Flameslinger in an IRL trade for simple Legendaries for him, because HE LOOKS SO DARN GOOD. He's the only Skylander I've traded for so I always remember him. He's also one of my favorite variants.
  • This Prism break in particular. His left shoulder is unpainted at the top and the armpit, so it's sort of a factory error, but I like it... Looks nicer than regular... I've had him for quite a while and Prism Break is one of my favourites as well.
  • Series 2 Chop Chop: Because he's just so. Darn. Cool. He's, without a doubt, my most played-as Series 2. I do wish he hadn't been buffed up so much in Giants, though...
  • I've played a ton of a lot with Pop Fizz. Overall, he's just one of my favourites.
  • I got that custom Fright Rider last year! I saw him on the custom thread,and I happened to be getting another custom from the same person, so I was lucky to grab him! He's one of my favourite Skylanders, and this custom looks awesome. Thanks! I still love both! smilie
  • Chill is right up there for me. In my top 5, easily. I don't care about how plain her figure looks, she herself is epic.
  • Flashwing: Purely because I hated her before I had her. She really, really surprised me upon actually playing her, and I don't like her as much now, but she still has that going for her... Showing me what an ignoramus I am. smilie
  • Pearl Hex actually has a story behind me getting her, I ordered one to keep sealed, but it was super damaged, so sender sent another. I opened the one I had. ... New one did still not come without a bump at the bottom. smilie
  • Glow in the dark Fright Rider looks cool, he's pretty darn rare, and it was a great feeling getting my first rare variant that I DIDN'T get on eBay. Also first Giants figure I used.
  • Gnarly Tree Rex is the reason I have a PS3 now, looks gorgeous, my favourite Giant, also, bragging rights eheheh (And I don't care about whether or not people care about it)
  • Custom Sprocket: Thank you Opheilkos! <3
  • Trigger Snappy is my favourite Sidekick and belongs in Tech, my favourite Element. HE'S SO CUTE! AWWW! smilie
  • That custom Drobot on my custom 3DS Portal was the first figurine custom I made ever! I didn't expect to work on it as much as I did (inf act, he was originally going to be just a color test) but I'm very pleased with it.
  • 3DS Tech Portal: I made it to match the big Wii one, and I really couldn't be happier with it unless I customised stuff besides just the colour, which I unfortunately can't right now. So I'm pretty darn happy with it, also I can actually use it.
  • Dark Spyro Single: With no doubt at all, my favorite sealed Skylander. EB Games gave 500 of him away in a colouring competition. I won one of them. It will be in the box forever. (fyi it's a single peg with no stickers and has a barcode)
  • See that Sprocket at the back? Jin Saotome made it. It is bloody awesome, it is still my absolute crowning jewel. I have to be very careful with it, but it...
  • Unfortunately I can't use that big Tech Portal, but that makes it <0.000000001% less awesome. The metal gears interfere with the USB sync so it can't be used, but the painting is spectacular and cannot be faulted and that feeling of IT'S MINE! I nicknamed it the Artchulated Portal, geddit?
  • ... Because he was my first Skylander.

Fine, top 3.

#3 Artechulated Portal: Because it's THE. FREAKING. ARTECHULATED. PORTAL. I got it with my #1(which is super obvious), and I even nicknamed it the Artechulated Portal before I bid on it at all (sorryguys, at least I didn't bid on V2 Warnado which I also wanted :<)

#2 Dark Spyro: He's my first Skylander, and nothing in the franchise can recreate that feeling. Whenever I got a new Skylanders game he was always the first one in it.

#1 Saotome Sprocket: Because Sprocket is my favourite Skylander, because Jin's custom's are epic, because I got it with my #3, etc.
#68 Posted: 14:27:08 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Now that's a write up! Thanks for bringing us into the specifics of your collection... I think any true fanatic loves to talk shop about the "stories" behind their collection.
---
Jmthebigman Green Sparx Gems: 490
#69 Posted: 19:18:22 21/03/2013
my only 2 variants:

[User Posted Image]

and Limited Edition (Easter) Legendary Lightcore Chill
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie [needs updating]
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me