Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 18 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
Iskierka Green Sparx Gems: 231
#851 Posted: 18:51:23 03/04/2012
Looks like my Dragon's Peak order is still safe on Amazon - for now! Mine was from 16th February, so not that recent at all, if we're looking at dates. It's not going to stop me from keeping an eye out elsewhere - I've already cancelled 3 of my Amazon Skylander preorders due to stock arriving elsewhere first. I'll be keeping an eye out north of the border, though it's likely someone else will get the info before me.

HMV on Princes St, Edinburgh had Cynder, Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and Pirate Seas when I dropped by earlier - with the single figures at £9.99. This almost looks like their new standard price for all single packs.
---
Got: smilie smilie smilie | smilie smilie | smilie smilie smilie smilie | smilie smilie smilie smilie | smilie smilie smilie | smilie smilie | smilie smilie smilie | smilie smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#852 Posted: 19:18:20 03/04/2012
I am most certainly not even attempting to pre-order any Skylanders from Amazon, not after the complete mess they made of EoI
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#853 Posted: 19:21:57 03/04/2012
Yeah, I've cancelled HMV and Amazon pre-orders due to getting something else first. I tend to only use pre-ordering as back ups so I KNOW I have something on the way. Although tomorrow is pretty much the last day I have to check anywhere for new stock since my uni semester is going to end. Can't get to anywhere else reliably, unless I'm dragged into town with my little sister. Even then, its only one HMV. We have a Tesco Extra and a Toys R Us... quite some walk away from the town centre. Don't want to drag my sister down there.

And I DID see one figure priced at 7.99 still in HMV yesterday smilie. I guess its left over stock from a few weeks ago that no one realised was still priced differently. If I didn't already have everything in the store I might have tried to get that Drill Sarge....
I guess HMV realised they're popular enough to charge more for.
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#854 Posted: 19:28:28 03/04/2012
Im furious at Amazon right now for not sending my Zook triple pack yet. If I could find it in a high street shop I would be cancelling my order instantly. Im FED UP.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#855 Posted: 21:33:00 03/04/2012
My pre-order seems safe (done on 3rd February), but I might still have to bite the bullet and order from Toys R Us (and foot the stupid postage fee) if there are going to be problems.

Maybe I can convince my friend to order one from their site too and we can split the shipping.

Aslo, £24 for an adventure pack on Zavvi? SERIOUSLY?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#856 Posted: 22:08:17 03/04/2012
To be fair, the Zavvi order is £24 and free shipping.

TRU will be £19.99 and £5 shipping, unless you order £50s worth of them.

Just went to double check Zavvi though aaannddd
Availability: Preorder now.
Release Date: 18 May 2012
Knew it would be pushed back
---
Parabuds Green Sparx Gems: 106
#857 Posted: 22:18:31 03/04/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Quote: Parabuds
Quote: IAmMarti

OOOOO ARRRRRR smilie lol

Areet me lovers. Just got my Drobot and he 'ansome lol. My Tesco (Lee Mill, Devon) has all the triples, all the levels and singles of Bash, Stealth, Chop Chop, Double Trouble and still a overwhelming amout of Eruptors.

Seriously considering starting an army of those guys...

Lee Mill? WHERE'S IT TO?

Sounds much like my Tesco although we don't have anything newer than Wave 2. But LOADS OF ERUPTORS GEEZ.

About 7 miles from Plymouth, that where it be. It's a small village with a industrial state, a tesco and a pub.
---
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
Parabuds Green Sparx Gems: 106
#858 Posted: 22:19:18 03/04/2012
Only 1 zook triple left in my work, and I'm at work now... Be rude not to smilie
---
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#859 Posted: 08:26:41 04/04/2012
Quote: Parabuds
Only 1 zook triple left in my work, and I'm at work now... Be rude not to smilie

Extremely. Get it while you can.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#860 Posted: 10:08:32 04/04/2012
I'm going to head on down to HMV later to see if they have the Zook triple, buy it, then cancel my amazon order.
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#861 Posted: 13:39:43 04/04/2012
both my orders of zook and lightning rod from shopto.net arrived today very good site
---
I Have: 37/37
#862 Posted: 13:54:49 04/04/2012
Just seen this - http://kotaku.com/5898994/the-...cle-is-complete

So maybe the USA are getting wave 5 very soon after all
#863 Posted: 16:23:57 04/04/2012
Not too much new today.

HMV is getting wave 4 in. Saw a lone Zook at HMV Oxford Street- only wave 4 I saw today. Took a picture, but I don't want to pick up my iTouch to upload it.

Got the legendary triple pack, and an EoI from TRU though (Two different ones, Collier's Wood and Brent Cross). Theres.... so many LTHs around. SO MANY. Collier's Wood had a whole extra stand JUST for them and the larger side of the Brent Cross Skylanders display area was full of 'em. Must have been at least 20 in each store.

Oh, and if anyones interested in a manufacturing fault BNIB, I found a Cynder with a right wing floating loose around the packaging in HMV Trocadero. Dunno how long she'll be there for.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:09 04/04/2012 by Astrail
#864 Posted: 16:45:32 04/04/2012
Just had an email from Amazon

Pokemon DVD dispatched

FML

Didnt get around to going HMV today but will be going to town tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can cancel that Amazon order.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#865 Posted: 16:51:55 04/04/2012
For all interested, Shopto delivered my Zook triple today after ordering it the other day. Not a bad deal either, 19.99 and free shipping, definately made my life easier.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#866 Posted: 16:56:11 04/04/2012
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
For all interested, Shopto delivered my Zook triple today after ordering it the other day. Not a bad deal either, 19.99 and free shipping, definately made my life easier.

if HMV dont have the triple and Amazon still havent dispatched, hopefully shopTo will have one left to send me........
#867 Posted: 16:58:01 04/04/2012
so i know people go crazy about skylanders but i just found this on amazon THIS MUST BE WRONG AMOUNT ENTERED or something for sunburn adventure pack

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/off...8&condition=new
---
#868 Posted: 17:57:12 04/04/2012
Would any of you Exeter TRU visiting people be able to do me a favour, and see if there is any weight to the Dragon's Peak release next week? If it can be confirmed, I might try and figure out a way to get there next weekend.

More to the point, how does one get there from Exeter Central? Is there a bus or anything?
---
#869 Posted: 18:10:29 04/04/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Would any of you Exeter TRU visiting people be able to do me a favour, and see if there is any weight to the Dragon's Peak release next week? If it can be confirmed, I might try and figure out a way to get there next weekend.

More to the point, how does one get there from Exeter Central? Is there a bus or anything?

you would have to get the park and ride from town center (I want to say the stop is by a waterstones?)....but im not sure which 'colour' one you have to get as it's been a while since I been to exeter =/ but the park and ride last stop is right by the TRU, that's what me and the boyf did last summer.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#870 Posted: 18:19:15 04/04/2012
^Have you tried Google Maps?

Just had a look, not sure where you want to start from, I assume Exeter Central is the train station... So take the train onwards towards Exmouth for 3 stops(about 8 minutes - map says "Digby and Sowton", is that the name of one of the stations? if so, that one), and then walk from there to the TRU(about 10 mins walk apparently - walk up Digby Drive with the tracks on your right, then right along Sidmouth Road, finally go right down Apple Lane and it's down there somewhere, make sure you keep to the left when the road forks)

Does that help?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:43 04/04/2012 by bisylizzie
#871 Posted: 18:55:17 04/04/2012
Quote: Skaterpunkdan
so i know people go crazy about skylanders but i just found this on amazon THIS MUST BE WRONG AMOUNT ENTERED or something for sunburn adventure pack

Its kinda hilarious they think it would even sell for that much... lol. Even if they accidentally typed one more 0, its waaaay more than the adventure pack is worth.
I could probably find it on eBay for £50 or something. If I was that desperate to get hold of it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:58 04/04/2012 by Astrail
#872 Posted: 19:29:52 04/04/2012
Quote: Astrail
Quote: Skaterpunkdan

Its kinda hilarious they think it would even sell for that much... lol. Even if they accidentally typed one more 0, its waaaay more than the adventure pack is worth.
I could probably find it on eBay for £50 or something. If I was that desperate to get hold of it.

maybe its meant to be £39.99?
---
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#873 Posted: 19:34:12 04/04/2012
I tried to post this yesterday but my internet just stopped working for no reason >.<

For anyone whose interested here's the pictures of my EoI and the box it came in... the less damaged box is the one my Cynder came in... it's not that bad I guess but it's still not great. The one with all the tape on is my EoI... seriously messed up. But at least the damage to my EoI is superficial packaging damage, some people would find that unacceptable but since I always planned to unbox mine I don't really care... but that's not the point... I might have wanted a MIB version for my collection... they didn't know I didn't.

Royal Mail are so careless but the box had no padding whatsoever so Play.com could have made a bit more of an effort... heck if it had been boxed in the same kind of box as my Cynder (it would have fit) then the damage would have been far less.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#874 Posted: 20:11:36 04/04/2012
I'm so surprised you had that packing problem with Play.com, my Cynders and Flameslinger were perfect other than each being packed in an over sized box that could have fit all three. Is there any shops near you that stock Skylanders, so you can pick up undamaged packs?
---
#875 Posted: 20:24:22 04/04/2012
The village I live in has no shops at all, not even a newsagent or a post office... and the town that I go to most of the time has no game shops (Tesco has a very small selection of games but never any Skylanders). Sometimes I go into the city but since I have a small baby and don't drive it's a big hassle so I only get there about once a fortnight and only really ever on a Sunday (bad day to look for Skylanders).

Lincolnshire=bad place to shop.

About once a month we visit my mother-in-law and I usually get a chance to pop by a few shops in Wigan and Bolton. My Drobot, Flameslinger and Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang triple were all picked up on in-law trips.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#876 Posted: 20:35:52 04/04/2012
Wow that box is even more stupidly sized than the one they put the single packs in @_@. The box they use for the single pack could easily fit an adventure pack.... or two.

And sometimes buying in stores gets packaging damaged as well. Not to that extent, but I've seen many that have been moved around on the racks so much that the hanger has been warped a little. When excited kids get into the racks it can get a bit messy. Heck... when people accidentally brush past the racks with overfull bags its not a good thing either (So many things I've knocked over in stores after a hunt. So many)
---
#877 Posted: 20:48:04 04/04/2012
I thought I had it bad when I got my Cynder from HMV in a box which was too small, bending the card at the top D:

But, having ordered from Play before, they do use ovesized boxes. We bought some mugs from there, and were extremely lucky that they actually STUCK SOME PADDING IN THE BOXES
#878 Posted: 20:48:11 04/04/2012
@Astrail (When I started typing Lizzie hadn't posted)

Good point... But if I was in a shop I could (probably) pick and choose... as long as there are 2 or more there will always be a "better one".

As for the box... maybe it looks bigger in the pic but it's really only excessively wide... it fits quite well in 2 directions. But like I said in my post... the box my single Cynder came in would have been more than adequate size-wise and it was marginally more sturdy.

If you really want to see excessive box sizes you should see some of the ones that my dad's stock comes in... imagine 4 full size PC tower cases all next to each other and you get the idea of the size of box they would send an object the size of a single Skylander figure in... FULL of "packing peanuts"... though to be fair it would be a CCTV camera and worth significantly more than a Skylander.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:49:12 04/04/2012 by Deandria
#879 Posted: 21:03:21 04/04/2012
Yeah when I worked at GAME I used to be in the stock room and I would often get large boxes with only 3/4 games in.....was very annoying.
#880 Posted: 21:15:29 04/04/2012
I guess in the case of large companies it's as easy and cheap to use a larger box if that's what you usually use... if you buy hundreds or even thousands of large boxes and don't often send smaller goods (and if you have a good deal on your postage) then it's not worth buying a few smaller boxes that may cost you more money because you don't get a bulk discount.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:18 04/04/2012 by Deandria
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#881 Posted: 23:56:37 04/04/2012
Lightning Rod, Zook and Ignitor singles up on toysrus for the regular price guys.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#882 Posted: 06:14:34 05/04/2012
Apparently we have a lot of Wave 2, according to TRU!
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#883 Posted: 11:31:40 05/04/2012
Camo and Warnado at Gamestop.com works out at £25 for both including international shipping to the UK

http://www.gamestop.com/collec...haracter/100461

http://www.gamestop.com/collec...haracter/100462
#884 Posted: 11:35:34 05/04/2012
Not bad at all... I'll pass and chance it but that's not a bad deal... and the best part is it's not from a scalper smilie
---
#885 Posted: 11:39:49 05/04/2012
factor in travelling expenses and the actual time taken and ordering from gamestop.com will probably work out cheaper than buying offline in the uk
#886 Posted: 12:14:00 05/04/2012
It costs me £5.70 return on the bus to my "local" TRU... Though I'm hoping to pick up the triple when it's out from Currys or PC World... £16.99 and we pass it on the way to the supermarket.
---
#887 Posted: 12:34:29 05/04/2012
Guys, not a personal sighting, but from someone in Batley, West Yorks...

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Yes, that is a Tesco

Too bad mine is "Too small to stock them"
#888 Posted: 13:03:13 05/04/2012
So good to see them in stores again smilie

I'll be having a look in Ireland as I'll be there over Easter, who knows there could be hundreds of Camo, Warnado and Wham-Shell hiding over there smilie
---
#889 Posted: 15:18:04 05/04/2012
Went to the same HMV as I pictured last week and they only have like 8 single packs left and one DarkLight Crypt!

Still nothing from Amazon =/
#890 Posted: 17:40:16 05/04/2012
Missed out, unfortunately. I'll wait a little longer or maybe I'll get a friend to import them or something. It'll just be nice to have the collection complete at long last...

Also, a Tesco with WAVE 4 stuff in? And mine's drowning under Eruptor figures... TYPICAL.

(kinda makes me want to go there tonight)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:15 05/04/2012 by Sunny Castanets
#891 Posted: 17:49:27 05/04/2012
I'll be heading to a Tesco on Easter Monday...they have a toys section which is a bit 'meh' but I have seen skylanders in there when it first launched so it's worth a shot.
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#892 Posted: 20:28:39 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yah you guys should keep trying Tesco coz they do seem to be getting in most of the new figures now. Ive been supprised how many new skylanders theyve had in. So far ive managed to get double trouble, drill, cynda, eoi and now the zook triple pack, and I never thought i would actually get those especially the zook triple pack.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
#893 Posted: 21:40:10 05/04/2012
^I would but "Our entertainment section is too small to stock those items" is the word from the two nearest stores :/ So it's just HMV and PC World for me...
#894 Posted: 11:54:43 06/04/2012
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-...it%280096749%29
#895 Posted: 12:23:39 06/04/2012
^That.

That is such a great idea. And looks pretty cool as well
#896 Posted: 17:18:13 06/04/2012
Only problem with that case is its not coming out until June u_u"

When... you know.... all the waves will be over. And waaayy before the hype of Giants starts.

It should really have been released when the game was. Its waaayy better value than the circular one (Only holds 8 skylanders and the portal... and I think its the 3DS portal too. I've seen pictures of the full sized one NOT fitting) and apparently can fit all 32 in? I know someones posted it on the collections thread with 19 standing in it and no one overlapping. I wanted one when I saw it, and then I found out its due out in June here and just went ".... no"
---
#897 Posted: 18:38:42 06/04/2012
My Tesco now only has three triple packs in. Sad state of things.

On the upside, a friend of mine in the US managed to find me a Camo and a Warnado and will be shipping them my way next week. Totally made my day!

Just got to get a hold of Dragons Peak and Wham-Shell now.
---
#898 Posted: 20:29:06 06/04/2012
My sainsburys that only had a Zap yesterday.....had about 20 packs of singles on the shelf today! Inc Cynder...whirlwind...just loads really. Shame there was no 3 packs. I'm thinking of asking Mum for Double Trouble for Easter or maybe for my birthday which is soon.....
#899 Posted: 21:26:37 06/04/2012
... I'm thinking of asking Mum for Double Trouble for Easter or maybe for my birthday which is soon.....

i've got an extra double trouble. pm me your address and i'll pop him in the post as an early birthday present for you smilie
chrisrobbo21982 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#900 Posted: 21:32:56 06/04/2012
Quote: t7gga
... I'm thinking of asking Mum for Double Trouble for Easter or maybe for my birthday which is soon.....

i've got an extra double trouble. pm me your address and i'll pop him in the post as an early birthday present for you smilie

This is exactly why I love this forum. Everyone helping each other and in this case being extremely generous!
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 18 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me