Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 13 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#601 Posted: 09:49:24 25/03/2012
Have any of you guys used Very.co.uk? Just because I ordered an EOI from there that is supposed to be here tomorrow, and I would like to know if it actually will be here tomorrow, or even in time for Easter.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#602 Posted: 10:05:38 25/03/2012
No idea about Very.co.uk, sorry. But I can say that ShopTo.net is rubbish... and unless they give me some kind of compensation for repeatedly pushing the date back DESPITE guaranteeing delivery I will not buy from them again.

I only ordered because they guaranteed and said that if they didn't get it to me by the 16th they'd give me a £5 voucher BUT when I looked into it I found that in this instance I was not eligable... in fact hardly anyone will ever be eligable.

You have to wait until your item is delivered and get proof that it was late, and even then if the delay was caused by them not being able to get stock you're not eligable.

Basically the only way they will pay up is if they loose your order when they have the item you want in stock.

I know it's probably not their fault that they couldn't get the items in time but the fact that they guaranteed it to be delivered in time for my Husband and little girl to give it to me for Mother's day and failed to do so...

The should never have guaranteed it smilie

/rant
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:08:26 25/03/2012 by Deandria
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#603 Posted: 10:17:18 25/03/2012
I'm not from the UK, but I've imported using HMV before and I just checked, they're all out of the new singles (Lightning Rod/Zook/Ignitor), but you still have the ability to add them to your cart, so I'm not really sure, but maybe you can order it from them and they'll ship it to you after they receive more stock? It might be worth a try.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#604 Posted: 10:31:45 25/03/2012
Deandria - I understand your pain, but can you really blame them with the shortage? Did I go off at HMV for not getting my Cynder to me on the 3rd March when they said that was the release date? ShopTo seem to be having intermittent problems with Skylanders, maybe the amount of orders they get... Your best bet would be to wait until a place says in stock, as that's the best option... I find ShopTo's forte is with preordering games, rather than these figures

Cheeseman - I haven't ordered from them, personally... But looking for reviews says that they are average. Some people are pleased with the service, others aren't... I guess you just have to hope for the best, in that case
#605 Posted: 10:38:11 25/03/2012
Quote: bisylizzie
Deandria - I understand your pain, but can you really blame them with the shortage? Did I go off at HMV for not getting my Cynder to me on the 3rd March when they said that was the release date? ShopTo seem to be having intermittent problems with Skylanders, maybe the amount of orders they get... Your best bet would be to wait until a place says in stock, as that's the best option... I find ShopTo's forte is with preordering games, rather than these figures

Oh I don't blame them for the shortage (in fact I did say that in my post) but I do blame them for the guarantee... it's the guarantee that I'm mad at.

Nobody should guarantee something unless they can deliver... it's not just me... my husband was pretty upset for not being able to get me my present in time.

I understand that they didn't fail to deliver on purpose... but it's pretty unforgivable to guarantee delivery by a specific date if they didn't know for certain they could make that date... especially so if they say they'll compensate you if they don't but fail to do so.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:39:28 25/03/2012 by Deandria
#606 Posted: 12:22:18 25/03/2012
I was going to use ShopTo.net for EOI-glad I didn't now. So HMV have had the new singles in stock too? Hope that means Play.com really are going to be sending Zook, Lightening Rod and Ignitor then.

I used ShopTo.net for a Cynder. It was dispatched on a Friday, and arrived on Saturday. I didn't use any speedy postage, and I was really surprised at how quick it came. And it was cheaper than most other places too. Shame about what happened though Deandria.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:29:08 25/03/2012 by Cheeseman
#607 Posted: 12:42:31 25/03/2012
I think I'm mostly annoyed because before it was due to arrive I phoned my local TRU and the guy there asked me if I wanted him to put an EoI out of the way for me and I said no because I thought I was getting one a couple of days later...

But I stick by the whole "They never should have guaranteed it." thing, because they shouldn't have.

I'm glad some people have had a good experiance buying from them though.
---
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#608 Posted: 12:55:22 25/03/2012
Hmmm after HMVs been mentioned, I went and searched their Skylanders up (The last few times I've tried its just directed me straight to Wrecking Ball).

Looks like they do have wave 4, 16th March release date.....
I think we all know that didn't happen.

Skylander: Lightning Rod
Skylanders Single Character
release date: 16-03-2012
out of stock
GAMES £7.99 Free Delivery
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
#609 Posted: 12:57:03 25/03/2012
Yeah, you are right. I would have been really disappointed if I had ordered EOI from them. They could have at least said sorry to everyone, or do something like Walmart had done. You will get it eventually though-the Adventure packs are in big supply in America at the moment, so hopefully the same will happen here.
---
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#610 Posted: 13:25:37 25/03/2012
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6...10919/lightbox/ (Credit from ebay)

Look Closely to the top of the packaging. The USA Skylanders have a sign that says about playing online and video game but the UK ones dont. This Box does not have the sign, It is a UK Skylander. I think wave four will be here VERY SOON!! smilie
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#611 Posted: 13:38:31 25/03/2012
I've now put orders on at both HMV and Play; hopefully one delivers sooner rather than later.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#612 Posted: 13:51:57 25/03/2012
Quote: PortalMasterEon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6...10919/lightbox/ (Credit from ebay)

Look Closely to the top of the packaging. The USA Skylanders have a sign that says about playing online and video game but the UK ones dont. This Box does not have the sign, It is a UK Skylander. I think wave four will be here VERY SOON!! smilie

I can't see it :/
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#613 Posted: 16:54:28 25/03/2012
Just checked out my Argos and they have some triple packs, really annoyed that its collective and not which triple they do have smilie might pop in tomorrow...not sure how to ask them if I can see which packs they have before I order?
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#614 Posted: 17:10:09 25/03/2012
Quote: IAmMarti
Just checked out my Argos and they have some triple packs, really annoyed that its collective and not which triple they do have smilie might pop in tomorrow...not sure how to ask them if I can see which packs they have before I order?

just reserve 5 or more online and when you get there ask to view them first at customer services ... then just choose the ones you would like and leave the rest
#615 Posted: 17:10:29 25/03/2012
If you order them online for in-store pick-up they should let you choose when you pick it up, my local one does... But then there's always a chance they only have ones you already have...
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#616 Posted: 17:11:07 25/03/2012
snap!
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#617 Posted: 17:30:15 25/03/2012
Quote: reventon777
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Today out in Brent cross they had:

• 10-12 x Triple packs of Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf and Sonic Boom (one pack had Sonic Boom with an extra piece on her beak)
  • 1 x Flameslinger single
  • 1 x Drill Sargent single
  • about 6 x Whirlwind single
  • 1-2 x Cynder single
  • 10 x Chop-Chop single

So nothing really interesting :/

I find Flameslinger, Drill Sergeant, Whirlwind and Cynder interesting! Mainly because i have don't have them...

It was a mostly a "nothing really interesting" despite the fact they had a delivery the day before, and had no adventure packs, one triple packs other than the mentioned one and no silver/golds. I just felt that a TRU "Megastore" had such poor Skylanders stock.

Anyway I for some odd reason happened to be in Basingstoke today. I went into the rather large shopping center near the train station checking for figures.

Game had nothing, but the girl on the till was hopeful they will pull through and get in figures in April. She was saying that Activision had promised them figures and didn't deliver (I wonder why smilie).

HMV had only two figures, oddly placed quite low on pegs just before the games section. I missed them but my husband spotted them, the two Chop-Chop singles looking all lonely.

We didn't get much time to check other shops unless we wished to miss the fast train back.

On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed by Amazon.co.uk has Wave 4 singles priced at £9.99. Call me cheap, but I wouldn't pay £9.99 for a single, £8 okay, but not a tenner!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#618 Posted: 17:35:14 25/03/2012
Yeah Amazon.co.uk singles have been £9.99 for a month or 2 now... I'm not getting any there for that price... I'd rather pay a penny more (or up to £3 less depending on where you buy them) for a 3rd character in a triple.
---
#619 Posted: 20:22:41 25/03/2012
I think when I did my pre-orders there, they were still cheaper.
---
#620 Posted: 20:30:31 25/03/2012
I nearly pre-ordered when they were cheaper but my darn willpower prevented me... oh well I do plan to get pretty much just triples from now on... even if that means I get doubles... I can either have them on both paths or sell them for the price I paid to Adam next door or Louis, the lady from the toy shop's son (you'd think that she'd be able to get Skylanders for him but her shop is a lovely little independant and they are too small-potatoes for Skylanders.
---
#621 Posted: 22:13:21 25/03/2012
What does everyone store their skylanders in? I lack decent storage/display for them. I reallllllly like the case the USA get that holds all of them smilie
#622 Posted: 22:16:48 25/03/2012
I use a box that used to have bags of sweets in it but I need something bigger. My neighbour uses an old Celebrations tub, it't large enough to hold a reasonable amount of Skylanders AND they can all stand upright, even his pirate ship (need to see if Whirlwind is taller... she may not fit but I'm not sure as he doesn't have Whirlwind yet).
---
#623 Posted: 22:36:52 25/03/2012
I use one of the boxes which came with the game, my figures in one part, brothers in the other, portals seperating the two

Sure, It's not much, but it works for keeping them together!
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#624 Posted: 22:59:36 25/03/2012
[User Posted Image]

Mine just park on my desk P:
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#625 Posted: 23:05:26 25/03/2012
I brought myself a 5lr Very Useful Box from Rymans. Though... 17 skylanders and a portal is getting a bit tight now XD.

And lets not forget the plastic waft that comes out of the box as I open it @_@. Leaving it open to the air, however, might fix that. And taking the portal out would make LOADS of room.

Edit-
Hex/Zap/Dinorang triple in stock on Amazon on March 30th. Plus more in stock on the 29th, that I've previously mentioned. And they have some singles in stock, if you're willing to pay the extra amount.
Play still have a bunch of singles, I think they've also obtained Drobot and Bash whom I haven't seen there before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:10 25/03/2012 by Astrail
#626 Posted: 07:31:49 26/03/2012
Mine's on the previous page - I have a display cabinet that mine are in.
---
#627 Posted: 14:55:18 26/03/2012
ShopTo have various figures back in stock.
#628 Posted: 15:19:04 26/03/2012
...Ack!

I just cancelled my EoI from them yesterday and now it's in stock >.<

I can never get this right... oh well, at least where my order is now it's cheaper...

Edit: Looks like Play.com has revised their dates for wave 4, they're no longer saying 3-5 days, they're now saying 10 days but that's still pretty good smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:14:38 26/03/2012 by Deandria
#629 Posted: 17:29:56 26/03/2012
Very.co.uk says my order is now estimated for the fifth of May! And in total,it cost about £30. Ridiculous. Hopefully, I can get him off ShopTo.net. He's still in stock there by the way, as well as on Play.com.

I hope my Play.com orders are still for 3-5 days. Otherwise they might not get here until after Easter. I would have thought that Activision would get them out over here in time for Easter. Lets hope so.
---
#630 Posted: 17:32:14 26/03/2012
So, GAME have officially gone down the pan...

No figures in HMV or Tesco today, didn't check anywhere else

Yeah, I was gonna mention ShopTo getting more figures, but someone pipped in earlier smilie
#631 Posted: 17:47:19 26/03/2012
ShopTo.net have Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom and Bash. No wave three, but they are being brought back in wave four I am sure of it. I'm pretty sure Zook, L.Rod and Sunburn are getting here very soon indeed-maybe even this or next week along with Trigger Happy.
---
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#632 Posted: 18:18:22 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
The Tesco store near me finally got some new skylanders in not the brand new ones, wave 3 i think they. Anyway just picked myself up cynda yay and double trouble. Now all i need is slam bam and my wave 3 collection is complete (never thought id be saying that lol)
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#633 Posted: 18:19:47 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Btw can anyone give me the codes for cynda,double trouble,flamslinger,drill sargent so i can finally put them in my sig thanks.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
#634 Posted: 18:46:03 26/03/2012
: cy: :dt : :ds : :fs :

Just remove the spaces
#635 Posted: 19:24:16 26/03/2012
Sadly yes, GAME/station are closing. It's a very sad day. I left GAME a year ago (in two days time) and if you had told me back then this was to happen......just sucks man. I also bought my skylanders starting packs at game. Really hurts to see them both go, I have fond memories of both stores and my years as a GAME employee (but not all good memories but still). Just had a look and it looks like my local GAME is remaining open for the time being....but who knows for how long smilie

I would be ordering a new adventure pack from shopto but frankly thier new 'send us your GAME reward card for £3 credit' is DISGUSTING in my opinion to start such a promotion when thousands of people are loosing thier jobs. GG SHOPTO.
#636 Posted: 19:27:59 26/03/2012
I hope we do get Wave 4 soon - I have a friend in the US looking out for me just in case, but I would love some more Skylanders!
---
#637 Posted: 19:41:58 26/03/2012
Quote: IAmMarti
Sadly yes, GAME/station are closing. It's a very sad day. I left GAME a year ago (in two days time) and if you had told me back then this was to happen......just sucks man. I also bought my skylanders starting packs at game. Really hurts to see them both go, I have fond memories of both stores and my years as a GAME employee (but not all good memories but still). Just had a look and it looks like my local GAME is remaining open for the time being....but who knows for how long smilie

I would be ordering a new adventure pack from shopto but frankly thier new 'send us your GAME reward card for £3 credit' is DISGUSTING in my opinion to start such a promotion when thousands of people are loosing thier jobs. GG SHOPTO.

In the very best case scenario I imagine a good... 1/3 to 1/2 of all GAME and Gamestations will go bye bye... the city I go to when I want to go shopping had 2 GAMEs and a Gamestation... even if someone takes them over at least one of those will go... possibly 2. That's a lot of jobs if it's scaled up to the whole country.

I think their problem was keeping too many stores when GAME bought Gamestation... There was proof at the time that towns couldn't really support 2 dedicated video game shops especially when supermarkets sell them... I'm a big believer in the whole "supermarkets kill shops" thing. If supermarkets stuck to food, toiletries, pet food and cleaning stuff there would be a lot more variety in our high streets than there is these days...
---
#638 Posted: 19:47:55 26/03/2012
^Well, 277 have gone already... It's odd seeing my local on the list... And over 2000 have lost jobs...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read...estation/093365
#639 Posted: 21:11:18 26/03/2012
Quote: bisylizzie
^Well, 277 have gone already... It's odd seeing my local on the list... And over 2000 have lost jobs...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read...estation/093365

Lincoln (Valentine) - As expected... it's actually sharing a retail unit with a Carphone Warehouse (or Phones 4 U... I forget). I thought this would be the first to go and am not overly upset by this... though it does mean one less stop on my shopping trip/Skylanders hunt but it is a small shop with poor stock and I've only ever seen one person working there at a time so I guess there'll not be too many jobs lost... I expect that the Gamestation in Lincoln is on thin ice since we have a larger Game and the Gamestation is right next door to a CeX and who are a direct competitor (and often cheaper) in the pre-owned market.

And the Gamestation in Wigan - Market Place is a bit of a shame... I used to go there a lot but I knew it was going, they closed the upstairs part a while ago and last time I went in they didn't have much in at all.
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#640 Posted: 21:49:15 26/03/2012
Toysrus online have the 3 adventure packs, DT triple and Cynder single if you guys are still looking for wave 3. I'm gonna pass on the Cynder single and get her in the three pack.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#641 Posted: 22:23:20 26/03/2012
Wow... I've just lost some respect for ShopTo right there.

Our local Gamestation is gone... GAME currently stays on.
---
#642 Posted: 23:25:04 26/03/2012
Wow shopto are actually doing that?
Well then, I know where to avoid taking my business from now on, even if I've only ordered one thing from 'em.
Game is in trouble, but its not a total lost cause yet. And

Aaaand it seems my local game is still there (Though the city overs is gone... I'm not surprised). Milton Keynes?? Damn thats a big shopping centre to lose a store in @_@. And Lakeside, Brent Cross, Bluewater? Guess their rents must have just been too high (Yet the one in Hamleys seems to be fine, and god that store charges twice as much per item as anywhere else... I swear. At least on their MLP stuff anyway)
Looks like Camden is the only one I have regular access to thats gone though. I knew the Oxford Street one was safe, which is the one I have easiest access to.
Gamestation closures don't seem to bother me too much, since there was none by me any way.

Really hope someone will buy them so they can pull through. It would not be fun to lose the biggest specialist store... not when its cheaper than HMV, which is really the only high street alternative.
---
Parabuds Green Sparx Gems: 106
#643 Posted: 06:23:06 27/03/2012
I'm at a slight advantage working in a Tesco on Non foods. I get first dibs on new waves coming in. Currently my store has got majority of Wave 3, single Drill Sarg. Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Chop Chop and about 30 Eruptors for those wanting to create a army of them. Also all of the triples to date including the level packs. Sadly a selfish individual tried to buy all the Cynders and Flameslingers as they have disappeared but still appear on stock record. We don't get information regarding deliveries, they just appear.
---
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
#644 Posted: 06:24:23 27/03/2012
They even have crappy terms and conditions on it. You HAVE to be a new shopper (so obviously trying to draw in the GAME crowds), and you have to spend a minimum of £20.
---
#645 Posted: 08:14:52 27/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
They even have crappy terms and conditions on it. You HAVE to be a new shopper (so obviously trying to draw in the GAME crowds), and you have to spend a minimum of £20.

Yeah I only signed up to them a week ago for Kid Icarus and PokePark 2 =/ but I would never send them my reward card.

ToysRUs.co.uk have adventure packs in stock. No Dragons Peak.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:38:33 27/03/2012 by IAmMarti
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#646 Posted: 08:50:15 27/03/2012
Personally, I like ShopTo. I've seen a couple of advertisements involving taking advantage of GAME's closure (a couple weeks back I got an e-mail saying "GAME Stores UK-wide will not be getting Mass Effect 3. Pre-order now from ShopTo.net") but they are a good online retailer with reasonable pricing and good customer service, whereas GAME is just a high-street shop that tries to sell games at the highest possible price... :/
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#647 Posted: 09:25:33 27/03/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
Personally, I like ShopTo. I've seen a couple of advertisements involving taking advantage of GAME's closure (a couple weeks back I got an e-mail saying "GAME Stores UK-wide will not be getting Mass Effect 3. Pre-order now from ShopTo.net") but they are a good online retailer with reasonable pricing and good customer service, whereas GAME is just a high-street shop that tries to sell games at the highest possible price... :/

Basically you have to look at the reasons why they had to have higher prices i.e. supermarkets and online. Online GAME was much cheaper and it's where I always bought from.

I like ShopTo but frankly the promotion is very heartless on the day thousands are loosing their jobs.
#648 Posted: 14:17:39 27/03/2012
Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt are currently in stock on Amazon.co.uk for £19.00 if anyone still needs either of those...
---
#649 Posted: 15:22:02 27/03/2012
My Cyndy from HMV finally arrived today... Packed quite snugly, but the top of the box is all creased D:
#650 Posted: 15:27:09 27/03/2012
You going to run her down the other path? That's what I'll probably do when the triple comes out if I buy it.
---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me