Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > NEW Frito Lay promo: Swap Force Pumpkin (?) Fright Rider
First | Previous | Page 11 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
NEW Frito Lay promo: Swap Force Pumpkin (?) Fright Rider [CLOSED]
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#501 Posted: 05:48:18 01/11/2013
Still nothing here. I swear, the Northeast is a distribution black hole for everything.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#502 Posted: 16:05:27 01/11/2013
Finally saw these bags. If there is anyone in the Buffalo, NY area, the TRU on Transit has the bags right in the SWAP Force display at the front of the store.
#503 Posted: 16:27:05 01/11/2013
Wrong thread. That is for the Rattle Shake promo.
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#504 Posted: 16:36:13 01/11/2013
This thread has been on and off topic for about two pages now. Confusing the Fright Rider promotion with GITD Rattle Shake.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Ammerin Green Sparx Gems: 280
#505 Posted: 17:53:07 01/11/2013
This is my 1st post on the forums. Hi everybody!

I've never been able to find the bags in Myrtle Beach, SC. Thank goodness I gave up and sent off for codes though, because I won a figure last night! Still have 1 more to try and I just sent out a few more requests. Hopefully I can win 3 more, the extras would be great stocking stuffers for my sister and her kids.

Send off for codes guys there's still time!
#506 Posted: 17:53:32 01/11/2013
Just trying to do my part to right the ship!
#507 Posted: 18:05:06 01/11/2013
Quote: stoat2337
Just trying to do my part to right the ship!

It's appreciated
---
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#508 Posted: 05:21:58 02/11/2013
I FINALLY found some bags at a Toys "R" Us in the southern part of the state, not particularly close to where I live, while I was visiting a friend. I only bought two, but one of the codes won, so I'm all set.

I have 5 codes coming that I sent in for, but there was no guarantee I was going to get those in time. I guess we'll see what happens with that.
#509 Posted: 05:46:54 02/11/2013
I wonder when they'll start shipping the figures out. It doesn't seem like anyone has received theirs yet.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#510 Posted: 06:05:01 02/11/2013
I believe it is a 8-10 weeks wait. We should be getting ours the week before Christmas.
#511 Posted: 06:11:40 02/11/2013
Quote: dinoah2005
I believe it is a 8-10 weeks wait. We should be getting ours the week before Christmas.

Man, that seems so far away. I received my Sidekicks 2 weeks after ordering them though, so maybe it won't take that long. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
FloppyKing Green Sparx Gems: 214
#512 Posted: 06:19:11 02/11/2013
I'm betting they're waiting till the promotion is all over so they can send them all out at once. It would make sense for them financially to wait until it's over so that they know where they're all going so that they can ship multiples to the same address in one package rather than separately, especially since they're not making the recipients pay for shipping.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#513 Posted: 06:35:07 02/11/2013
Game Rules #8:

8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified instantly with a Prize
Confirmation notice on screen during their online session at the Website with instructions on
how to claim his/her prize (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules).
Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or
online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. If
prize is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, if winner
cannot be contacted or verified, if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, or
if winner is otherwise disqualified, prize will be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible participant
who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal
guardian. Prizes will be shipped within 8-10 weeks of winner verification.
#514 Posted: 13:03:33 02/11/2013
Prizes will be shipped within 8-10 weeks of winner verification.. All of these type of promotions give a similar time frame to receive the prize. I am pretty sure the sidekicks gave a similar window but it only took about 4 weeks to actually start receiving them.
---
Torchiest Green Sparx Gems: 303
#515 Posted: 13:46:44 02/11/2013
Yeah, that's just them giving the absolute maximum wait time. I'm sure they'll be arriving in November for a lot of people.
#516 Posted: 13:47:32 02/11/2013
Quote: TheGooch
Prizes will be shipped within 8-10 weeks of winner verification.. All of these type of promotions give a similar time frame to receive the prize. I am pretty sure the sidekicks gave a similar window but it only took about 4 weeks to actually start receiving them.

Yeah, Gooch, you are right. Or it might have actually been 10-12 weeks, but I received mine in 4 weeks like you said.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#517 Posted: 14:03:09 02/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Pretty sure the figures should have arrive at wherever they're located by now.

I'd give it another week or 2 for the early bird prizes to arrive.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#518 Posted: 06:07:57 03/11/2013
Is this Fright Rider promo figure for Swap Force or Giants?? I entered in all my codes and ended up winning 3 figures (for me and my bro) which is perfect if it's Giants... if it's Swap Force [packaging], I will have 3 extras if anyone's interested (PM me)!! lol

EDIT: I have gotten plenty of requests already, thank you for your interest!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:35:19 04/11/2013 by Shroomy_Boomy
#519 Posted: 13:38:14 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
It's for SWAP Force. Apparently, he might show up as "Legendary."
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#520 Posted: 13:39:20 03/11/2013
He won't show up as Legendary: 'Legendary' Fright Rider is the glow in the dark one when you look at the code more closely.
#521 Posted: 13:43:52 03/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kung Fu Man
He won't show up as Legendary: 'Legendary' Fright Rider is the glow in the dark one when you look at the code more closely.

Ah. Strange..
---
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#522 Posted: 00:23:21 04/11/2013
one bag and lost,I don't think im fighting for this one I'll buy one from one of you guy's or ebay him.
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#523 Posted: 02:42:05 04/11/2013
In Tampa area, I found a pile of Fright Rider bags at the Toys R Us, as suggested on this forum. Bought one bag, even used my 20% off coupon! First attempt and was shocked to win a figure (and grateful).
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#524 Posted: 03:53:32 04/11/2013
When is a pic of the figure gonna come
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#525 Posted: 07:23:34 04/11/2013
Quote: Iganagor
When is a pic of the figure gonna come

Once they start shipping them out...im sure someone will post a pic of him.
...sure wish they would start shipping him already...for cry'in out loud!... smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Grishnaar Blue Sparx Gems: 722
#526 Posted: 09:16:04 04/11/2013
3 bags at TRU, 3 losers. I'm so done with Frito Lay.

-Grishnaar
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#527 Posted: 13:24:19 04/11/2013
Quote: Grishnaar
3 bags at TRU, 3 losers. I'm so done with Frito Lay.

-Grishnaar

You realize, of course, that this is how contests work... not everyone wins every time. smilie

I found more bags at my "local" TRU yesterday when I went to pick up a Legendary Zoo-Lou.

Man, I'm kicking myself for getting nervous and buying the code on eBay. smilie
#528 Posted: 14:45:20 04/11/2013
Yeah that's how contests work. It's not how promotions should work. All they've done is sour my perception of frito lay. Instead of me buying a few bags and getting the codes and then paying them some nominal fee for handling or whatever leaving me a happy customer, they've instead turned me into someone that won't fall for this trick again. The only people that are happy are the ones getting a Fright Rider without having to resort to eBay. It's interesting to see the posters who were filled with hate before they found the bags change their tune after winning. The Fright Rider promotion was botched plain and simple and the Rattle Shake is starting off just as bad.

-Grishnaar
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#529 Posted: 16:29:54 04/11/2013
Yeah that's how contests work. It's not how promotions should work. All they've done is sour my perception of frito lay. Instead of me buying a few bags and getting the codes and then paying them some nominal fee for handling or whatever leaving me a happy customer, they've instead turned me into someone that won't fall for this trick again. The only people that are happy are the ones getting a Fright Rider without having to resort to eBay. It's interesting to see the posters who were filled with hate before they found the bags change their tune after winning. The Fright Rider promotion was botched plain and simple and the Rattle Shake is starting off just as bad.

-Grishnaar

I love Frito Lay! I've entered a lot of various instant win contests and these Skylanders ones have had the best frequency and odds of winning (every 15 minutes). I won my 4 with the Fright Rider promo and luckily got 1 with the Rattle Shake promo as well. By the way, nobody asked you to buy chips or run around looking for them. The cheapest and easiest way has been to mail in for codes...plain and simple. About the posters who complained until they won, they should just be ashamed of themselves since they're disillusioned as to how instant win contests are run. And if they complained about the Rattle Shake promo after a day or two of being live, they were spoiled by the pattern of almost every single entry being a winner early on in the Fright Rider promo. Quite honestly guys, try entering other instant win contests and sweepstakes and let me know your win rate. Here's a good forum to find them...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

As for those wishing all the promos were like the sidekicks promotion. It's all about money in the end. The cost to ship out the sidekicks is much lower than full figures and they quite possibly might have even made money collecting the $2.50, so they had no problem mass producing the little guys. Activision probably broke even in the end and Frito Lay sold a lot more chips, maybe even getting people to buy more than necessary to get the full set (I know a lot of you guys bought more chips than you could eat). Purely from the business perspective, I can perfectly see why there is a limited quantity on the Fright Rider and Rattle Shake promos as well as the rationale for not having a limited number of sidekicks and charging for them. Please make the distinction as the 2 current ones are indeed instant win contests and the sidekicks was a promotion...calling instant win contests a promotion isn't entirely accurate even though you the winning may be a promotional figure. As required of the "no purchase necessary" component of all contests, take it as a saving grace that we're even able to mail in for codes...a LOT of us on this forum have won going about this the smart way.

I'm done talking about this...go Frito Lay and keep these promotions and contests coming! (Hopefully with codes on the INSIDE of all bags in the future)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:55 04/11/2013 by mastermc54
sawcochran Green Sparx Gems: 270
#530 Posted: 21:00:16 04/11/2013
Called today to check on my codes and they emailed them to me. Are most of you just playing one code per day?
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#531 Posted: 21:12:46 04/11/2013
Quote: sawcochran
Called today to check on my codes and they emailed them to me. Are most of you just playing one code per day?

Yes, the website only allows you to put in one code per day, you will get an error message if you try to enter more than one under the same email address
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#532 Posted: 03:30:43 05/11/2013
Does anybody know for sure if it's against the rules to give away extra mail away codes? The rules state that you cannot transfer codes in any way, and I don't want to be disqualified. But I've already won my 4 for the household for the people that wanted them, and I've still got 23 extra codes. I didn't think it would be that easy to win, so I mailed away for a ton of codes, but I won 4 days in a row. I've got friends who really want to play but they need codes, but I don't want to be disqualified and I'm pretty sure mail away codes are tied to your information because that's how they looked them up.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#533 Posted: 03:56:29 05/11/2013
Quote: PurpleSnurple
Does anybody know for sure if it's against the rules to give away extra mail away codes? The rules state that you cannot transfer codes in any way, and I don't want to be disqualified. But I've already won my 4 for the household for the people that wanted them, and I've still got 23 extra codes. I didn't think it would be that easy to win, so I mailed away for a ton of codes, but I won 4 days in a row. I've got friends who really want to play but they need codes, but I don't want to be disqualified and I'm pretty sure mail away codes are tied to your information because that's how they looked them up.

I'm pretty sure the mail in codes are tied to you and I wouldn't risk it with any additional codes. I was on the phone with a customer service guy today about codes which I had been hoping to use for friends and family members and he was very quick to point out that I had won 4 times and that codes should not be transferred in any way. Rather than press my luck in getting additional codes I had mailed in for other people, I said thank you and hung up the phone. Next time, I'll try to remember just to mail away codes using different addresses and email on the cards.
#534 Posted: 04:14:48 05/11/2013
Quote: mastermc54

-Grishnaar

I love Frito Lay! I've entered a lot of various instant win contests and these Skylanders ones have had the best frequency and odds of winning (every 15 minutes). I won my 4 with the Fright Rider promo and luckily got 1 with the Rattle Shake promo as well. By the way, nobody asked you to buy chips or run around looking for them. The cheapest and easiest way has been to mail in for codes...plain and simple. About the posters who complained until they won, they should just be ashamed of themselves since they're disillusioned as to how instant win contests are run. And if they complained about the Rattle Shake promo after a day or two of being live, they were spoiled by the pattern of almost every single entry being a winner early on in the Fright Rider promo. Quite honestly guys, try entering other instant win contests and sweepstakes and let me know your win rate. Here's a good forum to find them...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

As for those wishing all the promos were like the sidekicks promotion. It's all about money in the end. The cost to ship out the sidekicks is much lower than full figures and they quite possibly might have even made money collecting the $2.50, so they had no problem mass producing the little guys. Activision probably broke even in the end and Frito Lay sold a lot more chips, maybe even getting people to buy more than necessary to get the full set (I know a lot of you guys bought more chips than you could eat). Purely from the business perspective, I can perfectly see why there is a limited quantity on the Fright Rider and Rattle Shake promos as well as the rationale for not having a limited number of sidekicks and charging for them. Please make the distinction as the 2 current ones are indeed instant win contests and the sidekicks was a promotion...calling instant win contests a promotion isn't entirely accurate even though you the winning may be a promotional figure. As required of the "no purchase necessary" component of all contests, take it as a saving grace that we're even able to mail in for codes...a LOT of us on this forum have won going about this the smart way.

I'm done talking about this...go Frito Lay and keep these promotions and contests coming! (Hopefully with codes on the INSIDE of all bags in the future)

The win rate was an anomaly because of the piss poor distribution. Everyone that put in a code early won and won multiple times because they were the only ones finding the bags and it was too soon for codes to have arrived. It was bad organization and luck.

I also mailed in for codes and have yet to get them. Unfortunately I don't have the time in my life to sit on the phone for 40 minutes to complain about it.

Being upset about the Rattle Shake debacle is not being spoiled. A "contest" that relies on a special code that you purchase being printed on the outside of the bag and not being unique is retarded. Everyone has a right to be upset about it.

And please I wish everyone would stop bringing Activision into this. Activision has nothing to do with it. Activision is a PUBLISHER. They don't make the game, they don't manufacture the figures and they sure as s don't make chips. A development house under the umbrella of Activision makes the game. A toy manufacturer gets the contract to the manufacture the figures for them. And breaking even? Are you f'ing kidding me? This is a billion dollar industry now, Skylanders have been on of the top 3 selling toy brands for a long time now. They could give everyone on this forum 2 Fright Riders and it wouldn't come close to hurting them financially. They are going to ride this plastic tidal wave all the way to the bank just like they did with Guitar Hero until it hits the sand and breaks up and then move on to the next cash cow.

-Grishnaar
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#535 Posted: 04:55:04 05/11/2013
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: PurpleSnurple

I'm pretty sure the mail in codes are tied to you and I wouldn't risk it with any additional codes. I was on the phone with a customer service guy today about codes which I had been hoping to use for friends and family members and he was very quick to point out that I had won 4 times and that codes should not be transferred in any way. Rather than press my luck in getting additional codes I had mailed in for other people, I said thank you and hung up the phone. Next time, I'll try to remember just to mail away codes using different addresses and email on the cards.

Okay so here's my story and maybe someone can help me clarify this. I first entered a code from a bag of chips and won, a few days later I received 10 codes by email and entered 2, from those 2 I only won once. After that I gave away my 8 extra codes to people on this forum. However everyone I gave them to ended up losing, yes all 8 people lost. So should I be worried about breaking the game rules and not getting a toy? I know I'll be ok with the one that I won through the bag of chips but I'm worried about the other one that I won from my emailed codes. Even though everyone I sent them to ended up losing, can they still figure out that other people used my codes and disqualify me?
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
#536 Posted: 05:00:02 05/11/2013
Pretty sure you'll be fine. You're not violating the contest's rules and I doubt they're tying them to addresses. If anything, the Quickdraw fiasco shows they don't have this organized well at all.

If anything more than likely you're going to see some people that won twice getting both and others that won 17 times only getting 1. It'll be all over the place.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#537 Posted: 14:32:15 05/11/2013
Quote:
Okay so here's my story and maybe someone can help me clarify this. I first entered a code from a bag of chips and won, a few days later I received 10 codes by email and entered 2, from those 2 I only won once. After that I gave away my 8 extra codes to people on this forum. However everyone I gave them to ended up losing, yes all 8 people lost. So should I be worried about breaking the game rules and not getting a toy? I know I'll be ok with the one that I won through the bag of chips but I'm worried about the other one that I won from my emailed codes. Even though everyone I sent them to ended up losing, can they still figure out that other people used my codes and disqualify me?

Interesting! I gave away 2 codes and both of the codes I gave away lost too! I'm starting to think that they can track your IP or zip code or something to make sure the codes are not given away.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Dxtra30 Blue Sparx Gems: 691
#538 Posted: 15:05:49 05/11/2013
If anybody has an extra fright rider code, please PM it to me. Can't find these bags at all.. Thanks!
WhoAreYou007 Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#539 Posted: 15:46:46 05/11/2013
I don't want to take away from Dxtra30, however I would like a code as well. Did not find these bags at all, however I found plenty of Rattle Shake bags and would be willing to trade a code 1 for 1 for the Pumpkin Fright Rider.

Thanks!
-J
---
Have: Silver Dino-Rang (Loose)
Want: Pearl Hex, White Flocked Eruptor
PM Me
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#540 Posted: 16:40:54 05/11/2013
I have looked high and low for these bags everywhere I could think of and have had absolutely no luck in finding them anywhere!. I don't even take my 8 year old with me now because she gets a little sad when we don't find any. Anyway if anyone has a spare unused code I know my little one would love to try her luck entering it!. Please PM me if you do!...Thanks very much!
cybrwzrd Red Sparx Gems: 50
#541 Posted: 02:01:57 06/11/2013
I have a bunch of codes left. So I will drop them here. Good luck all.

NYYX-YRQJQ-49LE

NYYY-7T7PG-6JWM

NYYY-9E3MA-Y97P

NYYY-9GJAT-H49T

NYYY-9TP96-QA7W

NYYY-C4KJA-ECTT

NYYY-FQPJT-P6QF

NYYY-J7FYH-LWGH

NYYY-JRNW4-CXJL

NYYY-XNPGR-RKFW
cybrwzrd Red Sparx Gems: 50
#542 Posted: 02:13:37 06/11/2013
Also if you use a code, post, don't be a mooch.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#543 Posted: 02:22:58 06/11/2013
used the first one and 5th one. lost.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#544 Posted: 03:10:14 06/11/2013
All used by scalpers that stalk the page smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#545 Posted: 03:12:50 06/11/2013
Are those codes from chip bags or mail away codes? cause you may want to be careful giving out mail away codes. Rep said you aren't allowed to transfer them in any way. You don't want to be disqualified accidentally. smilie
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#546 Posted: 15:10:42 06/11/2013
I tried these codes and they all came up as already used.

NYYY-C4KJA-ECTT

NYYY-FQPJT-P6QF

NYYY-J7FYH-LWGH

NYYY-JRNW4-CXJL
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#547 Posted: 15:40:02 06/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Please don't directly post the codes here; only message them to others who need it. Scalpers and eBayers stalk this site and pounce on any deals that appear.
---
#548 Posted: 15:45:56 06/11/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Please don't directly post the codes here; only message them to others who need it. Scalpers and eBayers stalk this site and pounce on any deals that appear.

Given that people aren't supposed to beg, you really want him to announce that and get his pm box bombed vs. just dumping them here? Scalpers would get them either way.
Dxtra30 Blue Sparx Gems: 691
#549 Posted: 15:56:53 06/11/2013
If people have any extra's please PM the code smilie .. thank you smilie
Jimmy Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#550 Posted: 16:34:18 06/11/2013
If anyone has any extra please pm
Me one smilie hopefully its a winner smilie
First | Previous | Page 11 of 15 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me