Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 11 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34 35 36
The UK Skylanders Hunters Thread :) [CLOSED]
outerdragon Green Sparx Gems: 273
#501 Posted: 17:26:45 17/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Hay been a while kind of give up on skylanders for a bit as I've had no luck. However it finally looks like things r changing just pick my self up a drill sergeant yay from my local Tesco's do fingers crossed they'll get the rest smilie
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie]
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#502 Posted: 17:58:51 17/03/2012
PortalMaster Eon says he has Lightning Rod-and he's in the UK! Lets hope it's for real, and wave 4 is released here before anywhere else. That would be awesome!
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#503 Posted: 18:03:17 17/03/2012
Quote: Cheeseman
PortalMaster Eon says he has Lightning Rod-and he's in the UK! Lets hope it's for real, and wave 4 is released here before anywhere else. That would be awesome!

I'd have said "Pics or it didn't happen." but it would have been off-topic in the upgrade thread.

I severely doubt we have wave 4 already we only finally fully got wave 3 this week... the US and Canada get all the waves before us and they've not got any yet...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#504 Posted: 18:04:45 17/03/2012
He said he would post pics later.
---
#505 Posted: 18:09:40 17/03/2012
Oh yeah so he did *facepalm* I'll be interested to see these pics... I'd love to find wave 4 already but I'm very skeptical.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#506 Posted: 18:15:31 17/03/2012
Me too-there aren't any on ebay yet either.
---
#507 Posted: 18:24:39 17/03/2012
afaik they're not out anywhere in the world yet so ebay would struggle. I have heard (in the March 21st thread) that some US TRUs have them in but are not allowed to put them on the shelves yet. I don't think there is any "legitimate" way of getting a Lightining Rod (outside of knowing someone fairly high up in in TfB/Activision...).
---
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#508 Posted: 18:28:57 17/03/2012
Sorry for the delay on the Picture... My camera is playing up...smilie
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#509 Posted: 18:32:39 17/03/2012
Yesssssssssssssssssssss! Guess who just got their hands on Drill Sarge AND Whrilwind? Me! So pleased. Smyths is one of the best places to get the, imo. Online, they said they had cynder in stock. Oh well, I can't complain.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#510 Posted: 18:44:57 17/03/2012
Smyths online stock checker=worse than useless...

Yesterday I checked the stock online for Bolton and it said none... I decided to go anyway because the Currys/PC World in the same retail park was showing some triples in stock and I'm glad I checked Smyths because they had loads... including Cynder, Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant in multiples. Today I checked Wigan online and it said they had some singles, when I got there they had none... they did have Zap triples and Eruptor triples so it wasn't a total waste (since I just found out yesterday evening that my Zap triple order was cancelled on Asda Direct).
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:46:45 17/03/2012 by Deandria
#511 Posted: 18:51:01 17/03/2012
What time did you go. I went to wigan smyths today, thats where I got them from. I got there just in time, as I nabbed the last two. They had a hoarde of Chop Chop, though.
---
#512 Posted: 19:02:03 17/03/2012
Some time around lunch time (mistake going to Robin Park on a match day but I didn't know, we're not a football family, it's rugby League in our house).

When I was there I saw a kid leave with the last single (didn't see which though) leaving me with only the 2 different types of triple but that was ok, they'd have only had the same singles as in Bolton yesterday (they had a ton of Chop Chops too).
---
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#513 Posted: 19:03:09 17/03/2012
Bought the PC starter pack today for £20 in GAME's sale and it's not compatible with my computer :/ it has a really bad graphics card.

Ah well, I'm selling the figurines and game on eBay and keeping the wired portal. Fed up of wasting batteries.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#514 Posted: 19:10:48 17/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
Some time around lunch time (mistake going to Robin Park on a match day but I didn't know, we're not a football family, it's rugby League in our house).

When I was there I saw a kid leave with the last single (didn't see which though) leaving me with only the 2 different types of triple but that was ok, they'd have only had the same singles as in Bolton yesterday (they had a ton of Chop Chops too).

May have been me! I left around that time, unless someone else got more on the shelves and another kid came in after me.
---
#515 Posted: 19:23:03 17/03/2012
It was a little kid, like 10 or younger... guessing not you smilie But you could well have been in the shop at the same time as me smilie
---
#516 Posted: 20:36:35 17/03/2012
There was a kid in the line behind me, that looked around 9, who I overherd telling his dad he wanted Chop Chop. It's a small world!
---
#517 Posted: 21:01:48 17/03/2012
Probably the same kid yeah lol If you saw a redhead with "mummy tummy" (aka fat >.< ) and a bag with big purple spots on it (guys never notice bags though lol) that was me smilie Shame I didn't have my baby with me, everyone notices her but she was spending some quality time with her Nanna smilie
---
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#518 Posted: 21:16:21 17/03/2012
Quote: Deandria
Probably the same kid yeah lol If you saw a redhead with "mummy tummy" (aka fat >.< ) and a bag with big purple spots on it (guys never notice bags though lol) that was me smilie Shame I didn't have my baby with me, everyone notices her but she was spending some quality time with her Nanna smilie

OMG you are starting her on Skylanders early, eh? smilie Beautiful baby, this is my baby smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#519 Posted: 21:22:23 17/03/2012
i'm very confused i seem to be reading a thread from handbag.com
#520 Posted: 21:25:50 17/03/2012
Aww cute fur-baby smilie I have 2 fur-babies of my own but I don't have any recent pics here on my laptop only old kitten pics from 2007.

Edit: As annoying as t7gga's bold text is I think s/he might have a point... I know it's not the end of the world to post off-topic but maybe we need a UK Skylander Hunters' Off Topic Thread in Idle Chatter or somewhere?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:03 17/03/2012 by Deandria
#521 Posted: 21:28:20 17/03/2012
Quote: t7gga
i'm very confused i seem to be reading a thread from handbag.com

It's a semi-dry season for Skylanders (for those of use with Cynders in hand or on order), we might as well have a little off topic chat to keep ourselves amused while we wait for actual proof of Wave 4 to arrive smilie
---
#522 Posted: 21:39:51 17/03/2012
but one of the reasons i come on here is to escape the random ramblings of the female kind
#523 Posted: 21:44:37 17/03/2012
Quote: t7gga
but one of the reasons i come on here is to escape the random ramblings of the female kind

Uhm... yes.

Buzz, glad someone else actually has Pokédex 3D :3 not many of my friends have a 3DS.

But then people stop liking this sort of thing in their 20s. Boring people.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#524 Posted: 21:46:56 17/03/2012
I'm fairly certain the majority of regular posters in this thread are female, more than half anyway... no one said you have to read this thread... are you even from the UK? In which case feel free to read this if you want but if it bothers you... go away?
---
#525 Posted: 21:49:31 17/03/2012
i am indeed from the uk ... in reality the random ramblings of the female kind do not actually bother me ... i am just a bored male ... actually i'm more procrastinating than bored
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:23 17/03/2012 by t7gga
#526 Posted: 21:50:45 17/03/2012
Hang on, I'm just making an thread in Idea Chatter for us all to ramble on, with edit the link in when I have finished smilie

Edit:
Added Please come and visit, the chat is open to any and all interested smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:58 17/03/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#527 Posted: 21:52:11 17/03/2012
aw, don't leave on my behalf ... i'll just follow anyway
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:25 17/03/2012 by t7gga
#528 Posted: 21:56:15 17/03/2012
[User Posted Image]

Not a lady :3 I just look like one...
---
#529 Posted: 22:01:40 17/03/2012
lol, you don't look like a lady smilie I "used to"* like guys with long hair (as long as it's clean... seriously some guys...).

*I don't at all sometimes wish my huband wasn't bald... lol
---
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#530 Posted: 08:46:33 18/03/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
Bought the PC starter pack today for £20 in GAME's sale and it's not compatible with my computer :/ it has a really bad graphics card.

Ah well, I'm selling the figurines and game on eBay and keeping the wired portal. Fed up of wasting batteries.

GAME are doing a sale on the Skylanders game? Or is it just the PC version? You have NO IDEA how tempted I am to go down there and see if they have a copy right now... Or when the shops open.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#531 Posted: 08:58:35 18/03/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
GAME are doing a sale on the Skylanders game? Or is it just the PC version? You have NO IDEA how tempted I am to go down there and see if they have a copy right now... Or when the shops open.

It was only on the PC version. Well, you could get the console versions for £44.98 but that's hardly a steal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:58:52 18/03/2012 by Sequoia Spyro
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#532 Posted: 09:48:13 18/03/2012
Does anyone know if there are Skylanders are in Erith? I'm doing some filming there later and want to know if it's worth having a look.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
faitaru Green Sparx Gems: 137
#533 Posted: 13:02:28 18/03/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
Quote: Sunny Castanets

It was only on the PC version. Well, you could get the console versions for £44.98 but that's hardly a steal.

I'd be tempted with £20 if only for the wired portal!
---
Current Skylander count: 31/37

Still need: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#534 Posted: 13:52:13 18/03/2012
Got Cynder yesterday. There were four of her left after, and loads of others (Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Serge and Flameslinger).
---
Eh.
#535 Posted: 21:10:01 18/03/2012
While not new figures news, I just checked on iTunes and the Skylanders soundtrack is now available to buy and download in the UK/Ireland.
---
#536 Posted: 00:11:59 19/03/2012
Yeah, I could deal with it being the PC version, but I bet we wouldn't have any copies in our local shop. Did you buy it in a shop, Sequoia, or was it online?
---
#537 Posted: 12:36:50 19/03/2012
My Cynders and Flameslinger came from Play.com today. All three came in large boxes that could have very easily taken all three :/

Interestingly both the Cynders have paint/model flaws. One seems to have been scrape marks on the left of her hip and the other is missing a dot of paint on her chest making it look like - yes you've guessed it - she has a nipple.
---
#538 Posted: 13:03:17 19/03/2012
I got my Double Trouble from Play.com, just waiting on the Cynder. One Cynder I've had was missing a bit of paint on her chest (more than a dot, so no nipple trouble!), and one has a bit of black paint on the skull, and some scuffs on the silver. Wondering what the third one will be like, but maybe this is a reflection of them trying to get more figures out? I know a lot of them have flaws, but they seem more prominent now, to me.
---
#539 Posted: 14:13:49 19/03/2012
My Cynder arrived from Play.com today too... she had a splodge of dark paint on the glow-in-the-dark base but it's not that noticable, not like the mouth on the Zap I bought from Currys for my neighbour... his mouth is kinda messed up.

The earlier figures do seem better painted but not flawless... my Trigger Happy has a bit of paint missing on his ear (not chipped off, just not painted properly).

But what can you do... we complain when there's no figures, we complain when they make mistakes from rushing to get more made... I'm not excusing the haphazard approach they seem to be taking but it kinda understandable.
---
Astrail Green Sparx Gems: 194
#540 Posted: 18:48:30 19/03/2012
Figure mistakes are a lot easier to fix than not having any figures at all XD.
Hardest part really is mixing up the correctly coloured paint, which I'm not looking forward to when I eventually get the time to fix up mine. And having a steady enough hand. A couple of years working almost exclusively digital doesn't help when you need to paint WITHOUT undo PX.

Plus the paint mistakes can be charming, in their own derpy ways.

My Play Flameslinger isn't here yet it seems @_@. Though I guess I was expecting him tomorrow anyway? And then after that... I do think I have pretty much everything I want so far (Minus the Adventure Packs. Been kinda wanting Darklight Crypt since I have... all the other undead characters now XD)
---
Missing: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deviantart: gikairan
#541 Posted: 19:22:31 19/03/2012
My worst paint error was Wrecking Ball. He had yellow paint coming out of his nostril and it looked like his nose was running. At the very least, I was able to chip it off, but it was still kinda gross smilie

Definitely the earlier figures weren't without their faults, and I do understand that a higher mass production equals not so high quality, but it is a shame, still. I can't mix paint for anything, so I'm not even going to go for that.

Play tend to be a bit slower on the uptake; I'm hoping my Play Cynder will be here tomorrow so I can pass her on to my friend.
---
#542 Posted: 20:16:17 19/03/2012
...So apparently I was wrong.

[User Posted Image]

We appear to have figures! True, they're ones I already have and I doubt they're going to get Wave 3 any time soon, but SKYLANDERS IN A SHOP!
---
LegendSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 233
#543 Posted: 21:31:08 19/03/2012
here is my legendary spyro with no lower jaw!

---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#544 Posted: 21:37:46 19/03/2012
Quote: LegendSpyro
here is my legendary spyro with no lower jaw!

[youtube video]

That's the sort of flaw that could potentially make it worth more in the future... like those stamps and coins that are worth stupid amounts because something was printed backwards/upside down...
---
#545 Posted: 21:49:41 19/03/2012
...That is ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING.
---
#546 Posted: 22:09:58 19/03/2012
Does that remind anyone of this:

[User Posted Image]
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#547 Posted: 09:49:14 20/03/2012
Sunny - Was going to ask which store it was, then noticed the Tesco thing at the top smilie

Still, it's good to see that we're still getting new figures - apparently Cynder came back in stock on ASDA's site at about 3am, and sold out between then and me finding the email smilie
#548 Posted: 19:20:07 20/03/2012
Yikes, that's crazy! Our Tesco had stock of Skylanders initially, and then they just completely stopped. It was a huge surprise to see them, to say the least!

I like how, colour-wise, Cynder stands out from the rest:

[User Posted Image]

(a few hidden on the top shelf but you get the idea - it's all the UK released figures so far!)

BIG IMAGE IS BIG, SORRY.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:41 20/03/2012 by Sunny Castanets
#549 Posted: 19:40:00 20/03/2012
Nice collection you've got there smilie Is there any kind of system to the placement of each character?

I wish I had somewhere nice to put my Skylanders but most of them are in an a box that used to have bags of sweets in it... and the rest sit on my bookcase on top of a pile of books, blu-rays and PS3 games...
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#550 Posted: 20:11:23 20/03/2012
Mine and my brother's are kept in a box with the two portals, his on one side, mine on the other

Also, HMV have pushed their date back to THIS weekend
First | Previous | Page 11 of 36 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34 35 36

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me