Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Skylanders: Best locations to earn gold and experience
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Best locations to earn gold and experience
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1 Posted: 20:04:36 06/06/2016 | Topic Creator
This is a work in progress. Please feel free to contribute your own locations or to suggest how to reword something already in this post.

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure:

Gold:

Experience:
  • Chapter 22: Lair of Kaos, don't bother with the boss fight.

Skylanders Giants:

Gold:
  • After beating the game (making sure to collect the Winged Sapphire on the back of the ship BEFORE this), go to the back of the ship and collect all the money. QUIT WITHOUT SAVING (turn off console or return to console menu, not just pause and quit). Repeat.

Experience:
  • Chapter 15: Lost City of Arkus
  • All experience wheels on the Luck-O-Tron

Skylanders Swap Force:

Gold:
  • Use the Sky Diamond and attack the training dummies in Woodburrow

Experience:
  • Angry Angry Plants Survival mission

Skylanders Trap Team:

Gold:
  • Chomp Chest in Soda Springs

Experience:
  • Kaos Doom Challenges

Skylanders Superchargers:

Gold:
  • Chapter 42: Riftward Road
  • Chapter 43: Slumbering Spires
  • Prior to update version 1.??, place legendary treasures right next to Persephone.

Experience:
  • Chapter 50: Kaos Crusher
  • Battlebrawl Island, sometimes you can buy a potion for 500 gold to gain even more.

Vehicle Mods:
  • Chapter 48: Grinding Gears - go right, left, right in the land vehicle section

Collectables:
  • The shop
  • Chapter 26: Fungi Forest, around 5 collectables right through this area

Land Gearbits:

Sea Gearbits:

Sky Gearbits:

Skylanders Imaginators:

Gold:

Experience:
  • Arena

Imaginite:
  • Undead Realm
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 16:30:09 25/07/2017 by weebbby
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 20:54:01 06/06/2016
For experience in Giants, it's definitely level 15 (I think that's it. It's the one right before the final fight with Kaos). You can max out characters just going through once if you have all experience wheels.
---
Dead
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#3 Posted: 21:27:56 06/06/2016
For grinding experience in the other games, I suggest:

For Swap Force, replay the Angry Angry Plants survival mode mission. (Swap Force is a true grind, characters take forever to get to level 20)

For Trap Team, the Kaos Doom Challenges are probably the easiest way to grind experience.

For SuperChargers, replaying the Battlebrawl Island level is a good way to grind experience. There's even a potion you can buy to boost experience in that level.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#4 Posted: 19:39:30 15/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Bump for Imaginators
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#5 Posted: 23:11:22 18/12/2016
I found a place in Spyro's Adventure that makes a good gold farm due to the infinitely respawning breakables. My notes say it's a good XP farm for the patient, I forget why but it's probably due to Chompy Pods.
Level: Perilous Pastures
Strategy: Run and bounce around the islands, clearing out everything and grabbing the money items. Get to the lowest island and bounce back up. Barrels freshly restocked with money will respawn both on the upper and lower islands.
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#6 Posted: 01:17:55 18/07/2017
In imaginators, I've usually head to the golden arcade for easy money. (the secret area where coins fall plus the slot machines gives out loads of cash.)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me