These are the forum rules.
- Don't swear or use offensive language
- Minor infractions of this rule will result in the words being censored or the post being deleted. However larger/often occurrences of breaking this rule will result in either a short suspension or permanent ban from the website. Please completely obscure swear words if you feel you absolutely must use them. That means if, for example, "hello" was a swear word then "h*llo" or "h****" are not sufficient it must be written as *****.
- Don't spam
- Pointless messages aren't useful, these will be deleted. The "Stuff and Nonsense" board is a section that is more lenient on spam but it does still fall under all the other rules. Advertising is counted as spam but is still not allowed on Stuff and Nonsense.
- Only be one person
- The use of multiple guest names and/or registered accounts to pretend to be more than one person is pointless and will likely confuse any other users of the forum. It is also generally frowned upon to have more than one registered account anyway but as there is no username change function you may register a new account provided you completely stop using your old one.
- Don't post links to illegal/pornographic material
- It is completely inappropriate for a website based around a game such as Spyro the Dragon and Skylanders. Anyone who does so will be banned immediately. Asking for ROMs will get you a swift ban as well, discussion is allowed as long as you aren't boasting about the fact or providing a method for others to get them, no matter how cryptic.
- Don't troll/flame other users
- Provoking other people intentionally or insulting them is not a good practice and such posts will be deleted.
Responding to these posts is ill-advised, especially if they have worked to rile you up, instead just report the post and move on.
- Don't bump topics
- Posting simply with the intention of bringing a topic to the top of the board without adding anything of significance to it is disruptive to the flow of the forum and will usually result in the deletion of your post. Topics close automatically after a certain amount of time (the time varies for each board) to prevent this from being as much of a problem as it could be but if a topic is near the bottom and is still open it is likely the potential conversation has run out already. Reviving old arguments is really not a good idea.
In the game specific boards where you may be looking for clarification on a past conversation please feel free to post in the older topics.
- Be constructive with criticism
- If you're going to post negatively in regards to any of the Spyro or Skylanders games (or other series) then give a reason as to why you dislike it. Merely stating the fact you don't like it is pointless and doesn't contribute anything.
- Stay on topic
- If you wish to discuss something unrelated to the topic then please start a new one, in the correct forum of course. Posts that go off-topic will be deleted. Topics that are entirely off-topic will either be deleted or moved to the correct forum if one exists.
- Don't post in a disruptive manner
- Writing entirely in capitals, alternating capitals, capitals at the start of every word, bold, italic, text or 1337 speek will be deleted or edited as it makes it difficult to read and is pointless to post in such a manner. Making posts or titles that stretch the page will also result in the deletion or edit of your post/topic.
- Don't advertise
- This includes the buying/selling/trading of Skylanders toys on the forums. Please contact a relevant forum moderator before creating a topic linking to your own off-site content.
- Use the edit button
- Posting several times in a row back to back in quick succession is pointless, disruptive and a waste of space. Use the Edit button below your posts in order to amend your previous post with what you would have posted, the topic is still marked as having new content.
- Don't misuse the Report feature
- Mass reporting of posts that have nothing wrong with them just wastes the time of the forum staff. Continued misuse will mean the removal of your ability to report.
- Please use English
- This is an English language website and very few people here will be able to understand you if you use another language. This rule applies to the general use of the forums, you can of course use other languages in conversations with individuals just not all of the time.
- Hide your spoilers
- Many people prefer to play the games without foreknowledge of story events so please be courteous to the people who have not completed as much of the game as you have. Use spoiler tags in your posts to cover up plot details and, if you are creating a topic, make sure the topic title clearly indicates that spoiler discussion is going to be happening within. There are obviously limits to how long something can really be considered a spoiler but try to be as careful as possible.
- Do not mini-mod
- If you see somebody breaking the rules please just report them and leave the forum moderators to take the action that they see fit. The occasional bit of friendly advice is fine but you should not be acting like a moderator trying to enforce the rules all the time, leave those actions to those who have the authority to do so.
- Do not post your account information
- You are responsible for the security of your account, letting other forum members use it will result a lengthy suspension or permanent ban of your account. If you see somebody posting such information, for example their password, please report it and contact a moderator if there is one online. Misusing another person's account will also affect your own account's status.
Abide by the above rules and you'll do fine here.