darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Infinite Gold - Money Trick [TUTORIAL]
Page 1 of 1
Infinite Gold - Money Trick [TUTORIAL]
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 19:30:32 15/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Trick found by me!

Hope it helps!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:16:10 18/12/2016 by Buuzer
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 19:37:50 15/10/2016
So is it necessary to delete your game that you've made progress in, or can you just start any new save file? Say I played all the way through the game on save slot 1, would this trick still work if I just used save slot 2, started a new game there, and then deleted it every time, or can there not be any other save files with data on them for this to work?
---
Dead
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 19:39:49 15/10/2016
Yeah, I predicted this when we first discovered that Magic Items were instant money figures. I believe I said something along the lines of 'the simplest money cheat in the entire franchise'.

- - -

You have to do it on a profile without the toys already on it, so if your system has different profiles on different users, you can just play the game on an alternate user (for instance a guest), and then just delete the alternate user's save over and over.

PlayStation and Xbox consoles all have separate profiles for separate users, but Wii U games (at least from my experience, though I don't have any Skylanders games for it, except SSC:Racing) often have a shared profile for all users.

On PS4, you can simply use the 'switch user' option, select guest, perform the exploit, and then restart the console to do it over again, since the guest user deletes itself whenever you turn off the console.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:29:15 15/10/2016 by Nightmoon
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#4 Posted: 20:32:34 15/10/2016
I was editing too much so redoing this post.

Quote: Nightmoon
but Wii U games (at least from my experience, though I don't have any Skylanders games for it, except SSC:Racing) often have a shared profile for all users.

Wii U games do have a user select and different saves per users, the original Wii did not.
#5 Posted: 20:58:45 15/10/2016
Maybe for Skylanders, but there are several games which don't have different saves for each user. Though I don't really have any third party games, so it might just be something specific to Nintendo games (though again, not all of them).
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 21:05:59 15/10/2016
Every Wii U game, to my knowledge, has separate saves per user. Then again, my knowledge may be limited cause the only ones I've actually tried on a separate user are Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8. Going into System Settings, games, when clicked on in Copy/Move/Delete Data, have the save file designated with the user's Mii.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:34 15/10/2016 by weebbby
#7 Posted: 21:21:23 15/10/2016
Yoshi's Wooly World definitely does not. I remember that very well because it annoyed me a lot when my sister and I were playing, and I wanted to do a separate run on my own account, only to discovered that it had global save files. And to top it off, it only has 3 save files in total, so there wasn't much to work with.

Due to that annoyance, I haven't really played using multiple accounts on the Wii U, so it might be an exception. I don't really care either way, just speaking from my own experience with the console.

- - -

Anyway, to summarize: PS4 definitely has an extremely simple option (temporary guest user), Wii U might have some issues with backing up saves, but that's for someone else to confirm. The other 3 are pretty straightforward, though PS3 doesn't have the same guest option as PS4. No idea if either of the Xboxes have anything like that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:33:26 15/10/2016 by Nightmoon
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#8 Posted: 21:25:25 15/10/2016
Awesome!! Will give this a go so later.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#9 Posted: 21:51:00 15/10/2016
Something I like about this is that to perform the exploit, you need to own several items and traps. People who own and kept their items are advantaged.
---
bye
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#10 Posted: 22:00:16 15/10/2016
I had multiple playthroughs of SF, TT, and SC on Wii U due to the different Mii Users. It'd probably be easier to do than having to copy the savegame data
#11 Posted: 22:13:33 15/10/2016
Quote: newkill
Something I like about this is that to perform the exploit, you need to own several items and traps. People who own and kept their items are advantaged.

Well, you can do it with just a single one, but the less you have, the more tedious it is.

Note that Trophies do not count for this, even if they're technically Magic Items too, so the latest figures this works for are at least 2 games old.
---
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#12 Posted: 22:35:14 15/10/2016
So do the magic items give you daily money rewards or is just once per save file? I live in the US so I won't have a hands on till tomorrow.
---
PANCAKES!
#13 Posted: 22:54:22 15/10/2016
Once per profile. And to be fair, it doesn't make sense to implement "daily rewards" for items. That would mean not only saving which items have been used, but also the timestamp of when each of them has been used, which would be really impractical for a save file to keep track of, considering how many items there are, especially Traps.
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#14 Posted: 23:30:18 15/10/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
Once per profile. And to be fair, it doesn't make sense to implement "daily rewards" for items. That would mean not only saving which items have been used, but also the timestamp of when each of them has been used, which would be really impractical for a save file to keep track of, considering how many items there are, especially Traps.

That is not hard at all, Almost all Amiibo games do this and support knowing the time scanned of over 100 Amiibo. Also superchargers remembered for most of them for daily usage (the ones that where in the hub).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#15 Posted: 23:41:09 15/10/2016
I didn't say it was hard. I said it was impractical.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 00:33:00 16/10/2016
Yeah, that's cool. I've no intention of moving/deleting save files though. The game is pretty generous as it is....played through first level and impressed so far.
#17 Posted: 20:05:30 17/10/2016
On the PS4 this was a breeze...

- Sign in as a guest
- Load the game (you will have 4 slots empty every time)
- Claim your gold - having every single item from previous games yields about 16k IIRC
- Close the application
- Log out as guest
- Log back in as guest
- Repeat smilie

I managed to upgrade to the last one before the soul gem power (haven't found soul gem and the special power) and max out gold in about 20 mins smilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#18 Posted: 20:11:29 17/10/2016
Is there any money trick that doesn't require you to delete your file?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#19 Posted: 20:24:00 17/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Chompy-King257

Just save the savedata on your USB. So you can put it again. It takes only 10 seconds to do.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#20 Posted: 20:24:14 17/10/2016
Nice find!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 21:09:40 17/10/2016
Quote: mR_CaESaR

- Sign in as a guest
- Claim your gold - having every single item from previous games yields about 16k IIRC
- Close the application
- Log out as guest
- Log back in as guest
- Repeat smilie

I managed to upgrade to the last one before the soul gem power (haven't found soul gem and the special power) and max out gold in about 20 mins smilie

So, how many items are you putting on and off the portal for this? Hate to say it, but this sounds exhausting. Reminds me of the Giants "Gold on Flynn's ship" where you could get the gold close the app, rinse/repeat to get gold upgrades -- although with this you're actually moving physical stuff on/off the portal too.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#22 Posted: 21:28:32 17/10/2016
Anyone know the minimum amount of money needed to purchase all upgrades for a villain/sensei from the start without any winged sapphires (assuming there are some, I haven't started the game myself)?

I noticed traps gave +530 gold each when my son was playing yesterday, so I scanned in all 59 of our traps on his game and he upgraded at least two figures. Make sure you have two players going so each one gets the gold.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#23 Posted: 21:54:12 17/10/2016
Quote: Buuzer
Quote: Chompy-King257

Just save the savedata on your USB. So you can put it again. It takes only 10 seconds to do.

How do you do that? Sorry, I'm not so great with technology and stuff. Also, I'm on the Wii U, so does that change anything?
---
#24 Posted: 22:07:47 17/10/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: mR_CaESaR

- Sign in as a guest
- Close the application
- Log out as guest
- Log back in as guest
- Repeat smilie

So, how many items are you putting on and off the portal for this? Hate to say it, but this sounds exhausting. Reminds me of the Giants "Gold on Flynn's ship" where you could get the gold close the app, rinse/repeat to get gold upgrades -- although with this you're actually moving physical stuff on/off the portal too.

At 65k gold, averaging 500 per item, you'd be looking at roughly 130 times (I think all the magic items and traps I used were about 40 in total, so i did this about 4 times over)

I'll take this way any day of the week than griding it out normally in the game.

It's also easier than last year's money trick with the legendary items or thr year before with chomp chest.

If you find a quicker and not exhausting way of farming gold, by all means post it, but until then, I'll continue to use this method.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#25 Posted: 11:25:41 19/10/2016
I'd like to chime in about doing this on XBOX One, since no one has. It is WAY less inconvenient than the posted steps for the PS4, in that it does not involve hard closing the game and restarting.

1) Sign in, as guest, on CONTROLLER 2
2) Launch the game as the guest
3) Start the game, select continue (instead of signing in)
4) (Optional) Use a Skylander for player 1 and player 2, since you have two controllers on anyway
5) When finished, press menu, exit to main menu, and repeat

You don't have to close the game, you don't have to sign anyone in or out again, nothing. The game won't create a save file for the guest account, so nothing ever saves, and nothing is overwritten. I used 21 unique traps to do this, which from zero gold, brought me to 10,710 on both figures. An entire upgrade on a chosen path is 10,200 WITHOUT the soul gem (I only have the soul gems from the first level, so add maybe 6-8 items to include that upgrade). This whole process takes maybe 5 minutes per 2 characters.
---
Hail Sithis
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#26 Posted: 12:45:09 19/10/2016
if anyone can find the infinity cheats cheat in the game for infinity parts. it would be awesome...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#27 Posted: 13:57:53 19/10/2016
Eh, this technique is too tricky for me. Chapters this year seem to give ridiculously much gold anyway.
And just a frinedly advise: The Earth Realm got Goldy 1000+ gold in a very short time. It's in the left part where Golden Queen's Soul Gem is and you just have to destroy all the blocks. You're almost instantly there and it goes by really quickly.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#28 Posted: 15:28:16 19/10/2016
This money trick worked great to buy upgrade paths for all of wave 1 and 2 and left at least 4000 gold for everyone that didn't have their soul gem.

Did this on PS4 with my box of traps, was able to get 4 figures done in about 5 minutes and only had to do about 4-5 quick guest save file deletes. Went by quickly, felt like I spent more time debating what paths to choose for some.

Will use this method again for additional figures.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#29 Posted: 19:13:45 19/10/2016
Just asking, how do you save your file to a USB? On a Wii U? Would it require me to by something?

Sorry, I'm new to this.
---
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#30 Posted: 19:12:12 20/10/2016
Quote: LordElohim
I'd like to chime in about doing this on XBOX One, since no one has. It is WAY less inconvenient than the posted steps for the PS4, in that it does not involve hard closing the game and restarting.

1) Sign in, as guest, on CONTROLLER 2
2) Launch the game as the guest
3) Start the game, select continue (instead of signing in)
4) (Optional) Use a Skylander for player 1 and player 2, since you have two controllers on anyway
5) When finished, press menu, exit to main menu, and repeat

You don't have to close the game, you don't have to sign anyone in or out again, nothing. The game won't create a save file for the guest account, so nothing ever saves, and nothing is overwritten. I used 21 unique traps to do this, which from zero gold, brought me to 10,710 on both figures. An entire upgrade on a chosen path is 10,200 WITHOUT the soul gem (I only have the soul gems from the first level, so add maybe 6-8 items to include that upgrade). This whole process takes maybe 5 minutes per 2 characters.

I can confirm this also works on the Xbox 360. Didn't try it with 2 controllers yet, but it's really quick and easy!
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#31 Posted: 02:21:27 21/10/2016
How does this work with only one controller? I thought you could only sign in as a guest with another account signed in? You can't sign in on two accounts with one controller..
---
Hail Sithis
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#32 Posted: 16:26:53 21/10/2016
Quote: LordElohim
How does this work with only one controller? I thought you could only sign in as a guest with another account signed in? You can't sign in on two accounts with one controller..

I only did one Skylander at a time, haven't tried doing it with 2 controllers/Skylanders yet.

But with one controller, on the sign in screen for the Xbox 360 (Where you see your avatars) go all the way to the right where there's a green box that says "Skip Sign In". Select that then start the game. When you start the game it will ask you to sign in again. Don't. Then choose one of the empty save slots and begin. Put the Skylander you want to upgrade on the portal and skip the cinematics. Once the game gives you control of your Skylander, start putting your items on the portal one by one. Once you're done, exit the game back to the title screen. Start another game (don't sign in) and repeat with a different Skylander.

It goes so fast that I didn't feel the need to fuss around trying to get the other controller working.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:58:10 21/10/2016 by Corn_Hornet
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me