darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 494 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 492 493 494 495 496 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#24651 Posted: 15:44:10 29/11/2016
Now that I look more into this Liam Robertson guy, he's also the guy that falsely claimed that Star Fox Zero would be delayed again, that the NX would have extremely weak processing power, and that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash Bros. The one thing he got right was Superchargers' gimmick. I wouldn't say the franchise is cancelled just yet. This guy is just speculating on what may happen after the recent Activision conference. For all we know, they may have decided to take a year long break, reboot the series, or even just release a usual game next year to see how things go. We don't know what they decided yet.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#24652 Posted: 15:55:09 29/11/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Now that I look more into this Liam Robertson guy, he's also the guy that falsely claimed that Star Fox Zero would be delayed again, that the NX would have extremely weak processing power, and that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash Bros. The one thing he got right was Superchargers' gimmick. I wouldn't say the franchise is cancelled just yet. This guy is just speculating on what may happen after the recent Activision conference. For all we know, they may have decided to take a year long break, reboot the series, or even just release a usual game next year to see how things go. We don't know what they decided yet.

Well, that DOES make me feel better.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#24653 Posted: 15:56:38 29/11/2016

[User Posted Image]
No I fell better. I'm dealing with haters from this morning.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:42 29/11/2016 by Buuzer
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#24654 Posted: 16:01:33 29/11/2016
I still feel it will be cancelled. He has information from people inside the company, Activision doesn't know how to keep a franchise, and Academy's Season 2 will only be released because of contracts.
---
Bruh
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#24655 Posted: 16:03:47 29/11/2016

well mabey you are right and we can stop talking about this apocalyptic **** but it dasent mean we need to let our guards down, this is activision we are talking about.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#24656 Posted: 16:14:34 29/11/2016
Quote: Crash10
I still feel it will be cancelled. He has information from people inside the company, Activision doesn't know how to keep a franchise, and Academy's Season 2 will only be released because of contracts.

He knows they had the conference, but he does not know what their official decision was. Maybe it wascancelled, or maybe they decided to take a break, or reboot the series LoS style. We won't know until May or June next year.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#24657 Posted: 16:17:33 29/11/2016
Quote: omer1698

well mabey you are right and we can stop talking about this apocalyptic **** but it dasent mean we need to let our guards down, this is activision we are talking about.

The same people who made Angry Birds Trilogy?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#24658 Posted: 16:18:29 29/11/2016

He knows they had the conference, but he does not know what their official decision was. Maybe it wascancelled, or maybe they decided to take a break, or reboot the series LoS style. We won't know until May or June next year.

Welp, he said that people that where at the conference saw and made the decision.

What bothers me the most is Wave 4/5, not future games.

Sorry to be so negative, I just feel that's what will happen.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:54 29/11/2016 by Crash10
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#24659 Posted: 16:32:07 29/11/2016
Quote: ninja9351
It would be stupid to cancel Skylanders at this point. A second season of Academy is already planned and Battlecast also had other content planned. Skylanders 7 is already half way done at this point, it would be a total waste to get rid of it now. Now after Skylanders 7, we may not see any more, but honestly, who knows. Don't start panicking yet, we won't know for sure for a long time.

Battlecast is dead. Some content unreleased but acessible via Sap of the Ancients and Northen Lights tricks,but with no dev team and a horrible opening week, it was sent to die.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#24660 Posted: 16:34:34 29/11/2016

Welp, he said that people that where at the conference saw and made the decision.

What bothers me the most is Wave 4/5, not future games.

Sorry to be so negative, I just feel that's what will happen.

Again, he sounds sure, but he was also sure that Shovel Knight was confirmed for Smash, NX would flop, etc. He doesn't know the official decision they made, he's just going off of the evidence that points to a cancellation. He is basically saying it's likely that they chose to cancel it. They may just be taking a year break by not having a 2017 game, assuming they don't. We don't know for sure.
#24661 Posted: 16:56:25 29/11/2016
Yeah. Maybe you're right and I'm getting paranoid. Well, we'll see.
---
Bruh
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24662 Posted: 17:01:54 29/11/2016
Quote: PreciousAwakeni
Quote: defpally
The topic says "General Discussion Topic", go find the Wave 3 topic if you want to be thread police.

Yeah it actually says Skylanders Imaginators - General Discussion. So if you can explain to me how the cancellation of Sky 7 etc. relates then I will stand corrected. All I am saying is that many people come here to get information about the specific game and we find that it is easier to come into this one to get that information because a thread is not started for every single thing such as release dates or sightings. I asked nicely if it could be taken to an already created topic about the possible cancellation so that we could get back on topic and talk about imaginators since things will get buried easily and lost. Plus and some of us do not have time to read through all of the cancellation talk to try and find said information. I am not going to argue and debate this topic. It was a nice attempt to ask if it could be rerouted

And it is not your job to do so. It specifically says in the Forum Rules "Do Not Mini-Mod".

This has a great deal to do with Imaginators because how this game did is what is causing this to happen (if it does). But, I'm sorry if this talk is confusing you in a 481 page general purpose thread no one is forcing you to read ...
#24663 Posted: 17:11:22 29/11/2016
It also causes petty bickering whenever someone takes it upon themselves when to call "backseating" or "minimodding". You're no better if you do that because that's *also* for the mods to judge, and just like I'm not stopping calling people out anytime soon, I encourage others to keep going too as long as it's reasonable.

On topic, tho, even if it's real and this is the last game, don't panic. It changed a lot of people's lives for the better, but it''s still just a game, ans stressing over it would just get worse until we get official word.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:14 29/11/2016 by Bifrost
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#24664 Posted: 17:26:07 29/11/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
Just making sure I didnt misread something, but if we dont get a 2017 game then does that mean we WILL or WONT get a 2028 game? Is it just the end of the series or a year long break? (I hope its just a break because I feel extra time could help VV make a really great ending game)

2028 would give them plenty of time for that!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#24665 Posted: 17:26:37 29/11/2016
So, it seems, that Skylanders is going to end up like Infinity?
I don't think so.
LD isn't doing so well, either. Mainly because it's so damn expensive.
I still think that Skylanders still has some strength in it.
They screwed up with SC, slightly screwed up with SI (unable to reset crystals like figures)
But they've lasted this long compared to Infinity, just because Disney thought it could beat Activision but became its own worst enemy by over saturating the stores with so many figures and little crossover capability.
Nope.....Skylanders isn't going down w/o a fight.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#24666 Posted: 17:52:50 29/11/2016
By the way, to everyone saying "Isn't it confirmed that Skylanders 7 is already in production?!?!"

People. Fun fact: production can be postponed or cancelled!
#24667 Posted: 17:55:26 29/11/2016
Pretty much that.
---
Bruh
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#24668 Posted: 17:57:12 29/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Have you watched Academy? It's way more than a mediocre kid's show by the end. Like, I might be biased because I'm a fan of the games, but there is a ton of potential to it

got to say the lsat episode was good, i just hope that if skylanders will die then at least relese the secand season.

Okay, I'll be fair, the 2nd to last episode was decent, and the finale was actually pretty good. But the 10 episodes before them were extremely bland and did very little to build the world beyond just introducing characters with very little look at their histories or motivations and followed obligatory kids' show tropes.
#24669 Posted: 17:59:49 29/11/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan
By the way, to everyone saying "Isn't it confirmed that Skylanders 7 is already in production?!?!"

People. Fun fact: production can be postponed or cancelled!

Don't forget also shifted to a new team if they feel like it. From Darkest Hour to Dawn of the Dragon, as we know so well...
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#24670 Posted: 18:10:43 29/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws
Have you watched Academy? It's way more than a mediocre kid's show by the end. Like, I might be biased because I'm a fan of the games, but there is a ton of potential to it

got to say the lsat episode was good, i just hope that if skylanders will die then at least relese the secand season.

Okay, I'll be fair, the 2nd to last episode was decent, and the finale was actually pretty good. But the 10 episodes before them were extremely bland and did very little to build the world beyond just introducing characters with very little look at their histories or motivations and followed obligatory kids' show tropes.

It's almost like it was the first season of a show made for children.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#24671 Posted: 18:30:08 29/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws

It's almost like it was the first season of a show made for children.

A mediocre one that underperformed, yes.
#24672 Posted: 19:08:52 29/11/2016
I still think it underperformed because of poor marketing. We got like one EW article every two weeks until release, and a trailer a few days before with one or two previews that didn't show anything good(not a SINGLE scene from Beard Science outside the leak, which despite being my least favorite was eye catching for sure). If few know it's even around, fewer want to watch.

Same for Battlecast. Annoucing 5 months from release, then a reminder 3 days before it's out - no one to blame but themselves for the horrible opening week.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#24673 Posted: 19:14:15 29/11/2016
Still, Academy did do well enough to greenlight a second season, which does give me hope that there is more to come.

and yes i know they can just cancel production but cmon give me something here.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#24674 Posted: 19:16:04 29/11/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Still, Academy did do well enough to greenlight a second season, which does give me hope that there is more to come.

The second season was greenlit before the premiere though
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#24675 Posted: 19:21:37 29/11/2016
At this point I'm not gonna say it's cancelled, but I'm not gonna hype myself up for next year's game yet. All I'm thinking about from now until June 2017 is gonna be Imaginators (and Breath of the Wild...). We'll only know if it's cancelled once Activision says something next year when they are supposed to announce the next game.
#24676 Posted: 19:34:54 29/11/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Oh... One of those situations...
---
Check this out! Please?
#24677 Posted: 19:38:04 29/11/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Oh... One of those situations...

Yeah pretty much. The writing and VA'ing is pretty much done. Now all it comes down to the animation process.
Javancsivi Red Sparx Gems: 25
#24678 Posted: 20:17:27 29/11/2016
Can the Kaos sensei train the imaginators as others senseis?

Thank you very much for help!
#24679 Posted: 20:19:31 29/11/2016
Quote: Javancsivi
Can the Kaos sensei train the imaginators as others senseis?

Thank you very much for help!

It gives them the level up, but it doesn't do much outside of that. There's no Kaos class Imaginators, you know.
Javancsivi Red Sparx Gems: 25
#24680 Posted: 20:29:29 29/11/2016
Thank you very much the reply

Therefore I asked it, because I haven't sentinel sensei, but I'd like to make a sentinel imaginators and I'd train him with Kaos.

I know it There isn't Kaos class Imaginators. Unfortunately, I am only unboxing the skylanders game at Christmas Eve so I didn't try the game.

I have all Sensei by elemental power but I have only 5 Battle classes. I asked this because of Battle classes.

I have all creation crystal by elemental power. Unfortunately, the English isn't my mother tongue. I live in such a country where I can find a little information about game and I don't know precisely what I should buy even.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:53:25 29/11/2016 by Buuzer
#24681 Posted: 20:53:52 29/11/2016
I highly recommend visiting Skylanders Character List if you have any major questions!

SCL Matt is a wonderful man who puts together some very in-depth articles
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#24682 Posted: 21:53:21 29/11/2016
What I meant was...the figures could be built in game and you would play as a portal master and that portal master would place figures on a portal then you would play as the skylanders and do missions and stuff and the game could have more depth to it...espcially missions that are made for specific characters
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#24683 Posted: 21:59:16 29/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: newkill
I don't think having 1 game every 2 year since the release of Spyro's Adventure would have been better. Toys-to-Life games need releases every year to keep the momentum. I prefer having 6 different games in 6 years rather than just 3.

Yeah, but the toys don't matter if the games don't hold up. And of course, the games didn't, and here we are.

But he's right in a way, yes, skylanders isn't doing well, but the TTL genre is dying out, and yearly releases is what keeps it relevant.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#24684 Posted: 22:11:53 29/11/2016
Quote: TrapGiant
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: newkill
I don't think having 1 game every 2 year since the release of Spyro's Adventure would have been better. Toys-to-Life games need releases every year to keep the momentum. I prefer having 6 different games in 6 years rather than just 3.

Yeah, but the toys don't matter if the games don't hold up. And of course, the games didn't, and here we are.

But he's right in a way, yes, skylanders isn't doing well, but the TTL genre is dying out, and yearly releases is what keeps it relevant.

I dunno, amiibo looks like it's doing pretty well for itself, and it already has plans well into the NX's launch. Whenever Skylanders is cancelled, I think amiibo will be the new "king" of the TTL market, especially since they partnered with Skylanders itself before.
#24685 Posted: 22:12:45 29/11/2016
Is it, though? Wish we could see into what would happen if Acti stopped after SF for a bit and then came back. At this point we really have no way of knowing or predicting; everyone said Assassin's Creed non-yearly would be forgotten by time but people are patient yet eager for the reboot.
---
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#24686 Posted: 22:48:20 29/11/2016

He didn't claim Star Fox Zero was being delayed, he said Nintendo weren't happy with how it was looking and were having meetings to decide whether they should delay it. He didn't say the NX would be weak he said it wasn't looking to compete with the PS4 on a power level, which doesn't look to be far from the mark. He was wrong about Shovel Knight though. This is not even mentioning all the cancelled games he's helped uncover with his industry sources that no-one else has found out about. He's just reporting on whatever his sources within Acti or TFB are telling him, and there's more than enough reason to believe he does have sources there.

Like, yeah, the news sucks guys, but instead of frantically seeking to discredit the guy and ignoring the very real possibility of the series' cancellation, your energy would be better spent bracing for the possible cancellation and showing Activision that they're making a mistake. Infinity's cancellation came out of nowhere and none of the fans had a chance to do anything about it, but afterwards people realised what was being lost and mourned the death of the series, while figures flew off shelves which showed that there was actually some level of demand for them.

Buy the Imaginators toys. Post to Activision and Skylanders' social media accounts about how much the series means to you. If the series isn't being cancelled, awesome! But if it is you might as well do what you can to sway their minds. It might be too late but if you've got a chance to do something about it you should take it.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#24687 Posted: 23:27:36 29/11/2016
I'm not trying to fully discredit the guy, I'm just saying that despite his inside sources, he is still speculating in the end. From what he heard, it sounds very likely that the franchise could be cancelled, but they may have also considered the possibilities of another game. We don't know what the FINAL decision is, we just know that the Activision execs got together to discuss the future of the franchise. Could be cancelled, could be continued, but for now let's all just enjoy the rest of Imaginators until something is said by Activision next year.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:03 29/11/2016 by TrapShadowFan
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#24688 Posted: 23:37:18 29/11/2016
From Liam's video title, to his video description saying "I explore the possibility of Activision ending the series and why they might be inclined to do so.", then from the screenshot Buuzer posted, looks like Liam isn't 100% sure of his claim himself -

Quote: Buuzer
Like I said, it's just a speculation:
[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:12 29/11/2016 by Aura24
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#24689 Posted: 23:37:25 29/11/2016
So, If Skylanders does end, hopefully it won't, but if it does, is there anything you guys want to say
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#24690 Posted: 23:51:08 29/11/2016
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
So, If Skylanders does end, hopefully it won't, but if it does, is there anything you guys want to say

at least no more gill grunt
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#24691 Posted: 23:57:55 29/11/2016
Quote: Skylanders fan

at least no more gill grunt

Or we'll get a spin off game of Skylanders featuring just Gill Grunt!
---
Stay Cool!
#24692 Posted: 00:03:40 30/11/2016
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm personally just going to hope for the best. Maybe Acti will change their practices with the series, maybe they'll take a break for a year, maybe they'll just outright cancel the entire series, or maybe it'll just be business as usual. Hard to say at the moment since we are still only in the first year. Whatever happens, it won't be the end of the world. It's not like they can wipe the games we currently got from existence or anything. But yeah, I'm also gonna keep buying when I can, to support the series as much as I can.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:14 30/11/2016 by AdamGregory03
#24693 Posted: 00:14:30 30/11/2016
Yup. It's kinda hard for me since I'm still stuck on Spyro's Adventure, so I hope I can at least play the rest of the games. But it's not like I won't have what to do with my life. I still play other games.

Never forget Eggcited Thrillipede.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:08 30/11/2016 by Crash10
#24694 Posted: 00:29:18 30/11/2016

Superchargers was a terrible game.... Oh, and buy Lightseekers when that comes out!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:13 30/11/2016 by TheToyNerd
#24695 Posted: 00:37:19 30/11/2016

I want to say that some of y'all take this forum way too seriously, some specifically should be looking for a psychologist. But that's neither here nor there.

Oh yeah, and also, we will never forget that time Malefor became Mega Satan. And thank you so much, VV and TFB , for the years of saturday morning cartoon-inspired goodness.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:07:08 30/11/2016 by Bifrost
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#24696 Posted: 01:04:08 30/11/2016

My money is safe
---
i am trash
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#24697 Posted: 01:07:33 30/11/2016

chopscotch needs to be protected forever
#24698 Posted: 01:13:27 30/11/2016
I'll give my final words once we know for 100%. Which might not be for a while, if at all.
---
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#24699 Posted: 01:59:26 30/11/2016

If you need me, I'll be in Stuff and Nonsense smilie
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#24700 Posted: 02:26:53 30/11/2016
i'll still stay here, no matter what happens.
First | Previous | Page 494 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 492 493 494 495 496 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me