darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 493 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 491 492 493 494 495 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#24601 Posted: 10:31:02 29/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Same - between Mystical Bad Juju and Breath of the Wild, I feel like my brain has made the wrong choice. Affording both would be great, with no starter pack to drain my savings.

Buut... Cancelling development, especially after a whole year, doesn't sound so optimistic.

Actually it's a good thing, a good way to clean up all the stores from the old toys.
Also VV is working on Crash remakes so I don't think they're working on a Skylanders games right now, I might be wrong.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:36:43 29/11/2016 by Buuzer
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#24602 Posted: 10:54:56 29/11/2016
It was really unclear in the VV dev stream(and the archive poofed out of existence), since they were tight lipped about any new games and were devs that worked in the Crash AP.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#24603 Posted: 10:55:28 29/11/2016
Quote: Buuzer
Same - between Mystical Bad Juju and Breath of the Wild, I feel like my brain has made the wrong choice. Affording both would be great, with no starter pack to drain my savings.

Buut... Cancelling development, especially after a whole year, doesn't sound so optimistic.

Actually it's a good thing, a good way to clean up all the stores from the old toys.
Also VV is working on Crash remakes so I don't think they're working on a Skylanders games right now, I might be wrong.

Cancelling development of a game means there had to be development of a game in the first place...

-----

Anyway, I wouldn't say that it's extreme clickbait and nothing else. He provides facts and is known to have deep connections in the Industry. What upsets me the most personally is the fact that Skylanders Academy underperformed. That really does bother me... Also, where does one get viewership reports for Netflix anyway?

It's a shame to see this franchise possibly go, but hey! That's life for ya. Maybe it'll get rebooted in a couple of years like Guitar Hero except people will actually want this!
#24604 Posted: 11:00:39 29/11/2016
Eric mentioned Netflix did very poor marketing since it's kiddy and not Pixar, so noooo surprises as usual from the Skylanders marketing team.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#24605 Posted: 11:01:13 29/11/2016
I was doing a little research on VV to see if I could get any early indicators of what's going on and I found a curiously timed recent article about the Bala Brothers new studio.

http://www.bizjournals.com/alb...me.html?ana=twt

I still feel that they had seen the writing on the wall and knew when the heck to leave. They probably had made this decision half way during Trap Team's release when early sales reports were showing things are not so good. SuperChargers was mostly done and couldn't be stopped. Imaginators was probably too far in to cancel as well. 2017 was probably the first year that Activision could have realistically either cut bait or go ahead with Skylanders and that would have been on the Bala Brothers shift and they probably didn't want any part of that. The Bala's were smart enough to know that Sky 7 would probably be a miracle and so they left. Well, that was how I felt when I first heard the news of their leaving and it's still how I feel today. The only difference in my opinion now is that they probably didn't know what a bomb SuperChargers was going to be at the time when they decided to leave. Back then, I felt for sure that they knew how awful it was and they either high tailed it out of there or they were forced to leave.

I know that VV has some games on the radar, like Crash Remastered, but what if the studio does close down due to no Sky 7? The Bala's are right there in the area ready to pick up the best staff and start all over again, but this time with a nice 25% grant from the government. Pretty smart if that's does happen! Either way, they surely left for a better future and I do believe it'll happen for them as they are no dummies. But I must remind people, this is all speculation. No one has any idea about what's happening other than to guess on what's been happening. Sadly, I have a feeling I'm not too far off from the truth either.

If it is the end of the line, then I'll remind people again, best get whatever figures you are even slightly interested in ASAP with these next few waves as they are probably going to be obscenely hard to get later on, more so once the news does hit. I highly doubt Activision is running the factories non-stop on any Imaginator character like in the old says. With that in mind, I'm all in for a Tidepool even if it'll cost me triple the price as she's just that cool and I must have her. Heartbuster Buckshot is top on the list too as he's so cute and really scary at the same time. LOL! Everyone else I'm a bit "Meh" about as I've already some 200 different Skylanders and it is getting a bit ridiculous trying to collect them all when I only really play with about 10 to 20 characters a year. At this point in the game I bought one of each element to unlock content, but I don't really plan to get every figure as I'll never get around to using them.
---
Stay Cool!
#24606 Posted: 11:46:50 29/11/2016
Like I said, it's just a speculation:
[User Posted Image]
---
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#24607 Posted: 11:50:29 29/11/2016
If they finish the franchise they should do it with an epic finale story. Not just leave it at Imaginators. Game is amazing but story is horrendous. Just saying.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#24608 Posted: 11:56:53 29/11/2016
They just need to stop with annual release. That's all.
The game appeals and people likes it but not everyone has money to spend on an annual game which is almost the same every year.
---
#24609 Posted: 12:00:31 29/11/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
If they finish the franchise they should do it with an epic finale story. Not just leave it at Imaginators. Game is amazing but story is horrendous. Just saying.

Same, also really shameless cliffhanger. We just need VV's writing one more time ;__;
---
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#24610 Posted: 12:32:24 29/11/2016
People, the end of the series has to happen eventually. If it happens, it happens. Venting and moping about it won't do anything. Besides, Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions has spoiled us with new content for six years! Can you just be a little happy about that? Also, even if they cancel a 2017 release, that still opens doors for a 2018 release and years following. Taking longer to develop a game may help the series; it is pretty rushed right now. Also, the Nintendo Switch is coming out, which could signify a change in decisions for them, for they will find that the release of the new system that many plan to buy would be a good time to release a new installment to the series. A new generation of Skylanders.

Honestly, if they want to save the series, I think they should go simple again; nothing too outlandish. Something like SWAP Force could really boost the series, for so many former fans no longer continue buying the game. The nostalgia could attract fans back.

Also, drop those freaking prices!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#24611 Posted: 12:41:52 29/11/2016
I don't think having 1 game every 2 year since the release of Spyro's Adventure would have been better. Toys-to-Life games need releases every year to keep the momentum. I prefer having 6 different games in 6 years rather than just 3.
---
bye
#24612 Posted: 12:45:13 29/11/2016
Quote: newkill
I don't think having 1 game every 2 year since the release of Spyro's Adventure would have been better. Toys-to-Life games need releases every year to keep the momentum. I prefer having 6 different games in 6 years rather than just 3.

Yeah, but the toys don't matter if the games don't hold up. And of course, the games didn't, and here we are.
---
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#24613 Posted: 12:46:18 29/11/2016

Perhaps, but they needed more variety. Kaos as the enemy for six straight games was a horrible dev choice.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#24614 Posted: 12:55:12 29/11/2016
How would you spread the release of waves and characters if the game would be released every 2 years?

1. Less toys per wave but 9-10 waves per game?
2. Same amount of characters per wave but we wait longer between waves?
3. Same cycle as we currently have except there is a 1 year long gap between the last toys release of a game and the release of the next game?
---
bye
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#24615 Posted: 12:56:39 29/11/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan
People, the end of the series has to happen eventually. If it happens, it happens. Venting and moping about it won't do anything. Besides, Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions has spoiled us with new content for six years! Can you just be a little happy about that? Also, even if they cancel a 2017 release, that still opens doors for a 2018 release and years following. Taking longer to develop a game may help the series; it is pretty rushed right now. Also, the Nintendo Switch is coming out, which could signify a change in decisions for them, for they will find that the release of the new system that many plan to buy would be a good time to release a new installment to the series. A new generation of Skylanders.

Honestly, if they want to save the series, I think they should go simple again; nothing too outlandish. Something like SWAP Force could really boost the series, for so many former fans no longer continue buying the game. The nostalgia could attract fans back.

Also, drop those freaking prices!

I guess you are right, mabey a little haitus might be good for the franchise.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#24616 Posted: 12:58:55 29/11/2016
Ok, Why is everyone in such an uproar about the possibility of Skylanders being canceled? Nothing has really been confirmed as of yet. If the cancelation of Skylanders is really important, why don't we ask Activision and/or Vicarious Visions about this through Email? They might be able to give us some good answers. Season 2 of Skylanders Acadamy is being developed so I don't beileve it's going to be canceled at anytime. Even if Activision does pull the plug on Skylanders and Season 2 of Skylanders Acadamy, then sure, It'll be heartbreaking for everyone, including me. But maybe to make up for it, Activision will do something amazing for us like make a remastered version of Spyro 1-3 just like how they're doing remastered versions of Crash Bandicoot 1-3.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24617 Posted: 13:02:15 29/11/2016
L Cynder, they won't answer if it causes a panic and kills Imaginators sales. As always for them, silence is the only way they know.
Also, the youtuber is a reliable source, and as he said in the comments of the video, no 2017 game seems to already be a thing.

How would you spread the release of waves and characters if the game would be released every 2 years?

3. Same cycle as we currently have except there is a 1 year long gap between the last toys release of a game and the release of the next game?

Less toys more waves, would help with stock probably since everyone would be a limited wave and not a feature of Wave 5 exclusively.
Also updates throught the year, kinda like LD, maybe even full episodes instead of Adventure Packs.
---
#24618 Posted: 13:05:36 29/11/2016
L Cynder, they won't answer if it causes a panic and kills Imaginators sales. As always for them, silence is the only way they know.
Also, the youtuber is a reliable source, and as he said in the comments of the video, no 2017 game seems to already be a thing.

Less toys more waves, would help with stock probably since everyone would be a limited wave and not a feature of Wave 5 exclusively.
Also updates throught the year, kinda like LD, maybe even full episodes instead of Adventure Packs.

Oh, right. I forgot how Activision loves to hide secrets from us. smilie; Yeah. I guess they would keep such things secret if their really is a problem with the series. Also, A reliable Youtuber says no 2017 game seems to already be a thing, huh? Does that mean that We should just wait and see whether or not Skylanders 2017 will really come? If that's the case, it's no problem with me. smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24619 Posted: 13:06:43 29/11/2016
They said no 2017 but what about 2018? And 2019? If there is a sliver lighting in this is that mabey they take a little haitus and relese sky 7 in an other year.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#24620 Posted: 13:07:47 29/11/2016
Just making sure I didnt misread something, but if we dont get a 2017 game then does that mean we WILL or WONT get a 2028 game? Is it just the end of the series or a year long break? (I hope its just a break because I feel extra time could help VV make a really great ending game)
#24621 Posted: 13:08:22 29/11/2016
Quote: omer1698
They said no 2017 but what about 2018? And 2019? If there is a sliver lighting in this is that mabey they take a little haitus and relese sky 7 in an other year.

Oh. So it's no 2017, huh? Then it's ok. I can handle a year Hiatus. It'll give my wallet a break. smilie
---
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#24622 Posted: 13:11:08 29/11/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
Just making sure I didnt misread something, but if we dont get a 2017 game then does that mean we WILL or WONT get a 2028 game? Is it just the end of the series or a year long break? (I hope its just a break because I feel extra time could help VV make a really great ending game)

2028 would give them plenty of time for that!
#24623 Posted: 13:12:28 29/11/2016
Quote: pezskylander

2028 would give them plenty of time for that!

till 2028 they can make like ten new games.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#24624 Posted: 13:13:44 29/11/2016

But with that long break, would the title be No Man's Skyland, Mabuboy, or Duke Boom 'em Forever?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:05 29/11/2016 by Bifrost
#24625 Posted: 13:14:59 29/11/2016
T'was a typo, of course I meant 2018. If that is the case, Id love a game with some sort of interaction with every type of figure even if that meant the return of Giant chests
#24626 Posted: 13:24:02 29/11/2016
They would make a killing with a small break and a game with no new figures or only addons(APs, magic items). Every gimmick has an area/nostalgia levels, some rarer figures get rereleased in "Retro Packs", and a more elaborate M.A.P. with puzzles and smarter ambushes.

I'll trade my ideas for more years in the franchise pretty please
---
#24627 Posted: 13:29:08 29/11/2016
Im pretty sure all of us here could come up with everything to make the perfect game, but Activision doesnt listen that well to their consumers
#24628 Posted: 13:31:47 29/11/2016
Im pretty sure all of us here could come up with everything to make the perfect game, but Activision doesnt listen at all to their consumers

FTFY. VV and TFB already confirmed they read our posts for feedback, while Acti's higher ups thinks more Stealth Elf in starter packs are the best idea they ever had.
---
PreciousAwakeni Blue Sparx Gems: 823
#24629 Posted: 13:52:26 29/11/2016
Could we please move the "OMG the sky is falling" talk to the thread that is for it. I tried coming in here to see about Wave 3 stuff and all I read is Non-imaginator related talk.

Back on topic. I am loving Boom Bloom!! She is not my favorite Sensei but once completely powered up she is strong.
#24630 Posted: 13:54:52 29/11/2016
not on the topic? have you seen the previous posts? go to page 479 and see what i'm talking about.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#24631 Posted: 13:55:57 29/11/2016
Well then...

I still think we'll get one more game next year. Hasn't it been confirmed VV is working on Skylanders 7?
Well, regardless, I think they'll probably try one more time, and if the sales of that game don't do too well... Then they'll can the series.
Just seems like a waste of money to cancel production now.

But with that said, Acti has only themselves to blame for their horrible marketing strategies. Though even if they do cancel Skylanders, I doubt there's anything stopping TfB or VV from finding another publisher to support the series... Maybe I'm just being hopeful.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#24632 Posted: 14:01:14 29/11/2016
Acti sits on IPs till the end of time, as seen with... Well, everything they buy from dying companies that they don't feel like continuining. It's a lot of franchises.

We could talk about Wave 3, if anyone other than some less than enjoyable youtubers uploaded footage :I
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#24633 Posted: 14:01:19 29/11/2016
Maybe the former villains was hinting at Skylanders being former video game franchise, now turned dead one.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24634 Posted: 14:17:47 29/11/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well then...

I still think we'll get one more game next year. Hasn't it been confirmed VV is working on Skylanders 7?
Well, regardless, I think they'll probably try one more time, and if the sales of that game don't do too well... Then they'll can the series.

But with that said, Acti has only themselves to blame for their horrible marketing strategies. Though even if they do cancel Skylanders, I doubt there's anything stopping TfB or VV from finding another publisher to support the series... Maybe I'm just being hopeful.

Imaginators is your "one more game". And doing 66k on release week in the US is absolutely terrible for a franchise like this. Superchargers was the real start of the slide, and Imaginators is a final nail. The cost of releasing a game like this is HUGE, figures have to be made well in advance.

Quote: PreciousAwakeni
Could we please move the "OMG the sky is falling" talk to the thread that is for it. I tried coming in here to see about Wave 3 stuff and all I read is Non-imaginator related talk.

Back on topic. I am loving Boom Bloom!! She is not my favorite Sensei but once completely powered up she is strong.

The topic says "General Discussion Topic", go find the Wave 3 topic if you want to be thread police.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:19:45 29/11/2016 by defpally
#24635 Posted: 14:23:18 29/11/2016
i cant belive this but i allso blame the imagniotrs gimmik for this.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#24636 Posted: 14:35:36 29/11/2016
Quote: omer1698
i cant belive this but i allso blame the imagniotrs gimmik for this.

Why? Creating your own Skylanders is an amazing gimmick. I blame lack of marketing for the series and shoddy release schedules as well as the yearly release thing.
#24637 Posted: 14:41:44 29/11/2016
Quote: defpally

Imaginators is your "one more game". And doing 66k on release week in the US is absolutely terrible for a franchise like this. Superchargers was the real start of the slide, and Imaginators is a final nail. The cost of releasing a game like this is HUGE, figures have to be made well in advance.

66k was Europe, not US.
---
#24638 Posted: 14:45:01 29/11/2016

66k was Europe, not US.

Actually. 66K was the first week sales in the US. It did 110K in the US during the entirety of October and 180K overall during October. The reason I said it was just Europe was because it matched the European first month sales.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:45:42 29/11/2016 by TheToyNerd
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#24639 Posted: 14:46:29 29/11/2016
I wouldn't mind if the next game wouldn't require figures and focus more on the game play it self...
They can always expirment with the game and I enjoy it when they do.
Just imagine how diffrent and better it would be if one game at least one game didn't require figures.
#24640 Posted: 14:49:40 29/11/2016
Quote: KingMed
I wouldn't mind if the next game wouldn't require figures and focus more on the game play it self...
They can always expirment with the game and I enjoy it when they do.
Just imagine how diffrent and better it would be if one game at least one game didn't require figures.

The figures are literally their main source of income... It won't happen
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#24641 Posted: 14:52:57 29/11/2016
I'm kind of hoping that if there is a game next year - and this is probably not going to happen at all - that they just make like an HD remake of Spyro's Adventure with all characters backwards-compatible. And if they do release new characters for it, they bring back the ten-dollar core Skylanders.

Please, just release Tidepool...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#24642 Posted: 15:08:58 29/11/2016
Guys, c'mon, there is no reason to panic, honestly. At least not yet.

The video is just speculation. We do not even have post black friday sales figures, not to mention christmas ones. If these proved to be low, then I'll join the apocalypse party, but for now, this is just a youtube guy speculating.

Sure he may have had some trustful info in the past, but the list of "smart people with good industry contacts" who was right once and then wrong is not short at all.

Can we please be reasonable again and start seeing all of this the way it is: a youtuber who just post his thought in a video?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#24643 Posted: 15:17:31 29/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
What upsets me the most personally is the fact that Skylanders Academy underperformed. That really does bother me... Also, where does one get viewership reports for Netflix anyway?

Eric mentioned Netflix did very poor marketing since it's kiddy and not Pixar, so noooo surprises as usual from the Skylanders marketing team.

I mean, to be fair, the show also isn't super good or anything. It's a mediocre kids' show--not awful, but nothing really outstanding about it either--and it doesn't offer much to adults in the way that other Netflix family-oriented animated series do, like the Dragon Riders of Berk (spinoff of How to Train Your Dragon) or Voltron 2016.

And TTN, I would assume they get the viewer stats directly from Netflix itself as the show's producers.
PreciousAwakeni Blue Sparx Gems: 823
#24644 Posted: 15:18:37 29/11/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well then...

Quote: PreciousAwakeni

The topic says "General Discussion Topic", go find the Wave 3 topic if you want to be thread police.

Yeah it actually says Skylanders Imaginators - General Discussion. So if you can explain to me how the cancellation of Sky 7 etc. relates then I will stand corrected. All I am saying is that many people come here to get information about the specific game and we find that it is easier to come into this one to get that information because a thread is not started for every single thing such as release dates or sightings. I asked nicely if it could be taken to an already created topic about the possible cancellation so that we could get back on topic and talk about imaginators since things will get buried easily and lost. Plus and some of us do not have time to read through all of the cancellation talk to try and find said information. I am not going to argue and debate this topic. It was a nice attempt to ask if it could be rerouted
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#24645 Posted: 15:20:30 29/11/2016
Already back to this, uh?
Sorry, not going to consider it after the previous false alarm.
To me it's clear that there are certain periods where speaking about the right subject is the easiest way possible to get views or whatever other form of visibility: not blaming anyone, but this was most definitely not a coincidence.
Wave 3 is releasing slowly, sudden twitter post about the end of the series, lukewarm sales... You got what I'm saying.

Yeah, things are not doing as good as they did in the past but I still think it's far from being the end of Skylanders, and the possibility of a year without a game actually excites me.

Imaginators is probably my overall favorite game especially in terms of content and replayability, and once I'll get the remaining Crystals I'll definitely go crazy with the editor (not to mention the remaining Skylanders).
They choose a good moment to slow down things a bit, if that's truly what they have in mind: I would't have been that happy if I only had SuperChargers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:23:55 29/11/2016 by Drek95
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#24646 Posted: 15:24:42 29/11/2016
It would be stupid to cancel Skylanders at this point. A second season of Academy is already planned and Battlecast also had other content planned. Skylanders 7 is already half way done at this point, it would be a total waste to get rid of it now. Now after Skylanders 7, we may not see any more, but honestly, who knows. Don't start panicking yet, we won't know for sure for a long time.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#24647 Posted: 15:25:51 29/11/2016
mabey i will focus alittle bit on this lightseekers but skylanders will be forever engraved in my heart.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#24648 Posted: 15:26:58 29/11/2016

But with that long break, would the title be No Man's Skyland, Mabuboy, or Duke Boom 'em Forever?

No Man's Skyland has to be massively overhyped, and then turn out to be garbge.
---
Dead
#24649 Posted: 15:38:22 29/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws
What upsets me the most personally is the fact that Skylanders Academy underperformed. That really does bother me... Also, where does one get viewership reports for Netflix anyway?

I mean, to be fair, the show also isn't super good or anything. It's a mediocre kids' show--not awful, but nothing really outstanding about it either--and it doesn't offer much to adults in the way that other Netflix family-oriented animated series do, like the Dragon Riders of Berk (spinoff of How to Train Your Dragon) or Voltron 2016.

And TTN, I would assume they get the viewer stats directly from Netflix itself as the show's producers.

Have you watched Academy? It's way more than a mediocre kid's show by the end. Like, I might be biased because I'm a fan of the games, but there is a ton of potential to it
#24650 Posted: 15:40:17 29/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws

Have you watched Academy? It's way more than a mediocre kid's show by the end. Like, I might be biased because I'm a fan of the games, but there is a ton of potential to it

got to say the lsat episode was good, i just hope that if skylanders will die then at least relese the secand season.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
First | Previous | Page 493 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 491 492 493 494 495 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me