Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > WAVE 3 CORES AND TRAP MASTERS at TRU 12-21-2014
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
WAVE 3 CORES AND TRAP MASTERS at TRU 12-21-2014 [CLOSED]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#51 Posted: 22:38:10 20/12/2014
Quote: defpally
Quote: SlayerX11
This sounds about right. There were wallops mixed in with them and i do recall seeing gill and funny mixed in too. Anyways ill be skipping the dark/lights as tru is pissing me off. I got flagged 70days ago being unable to do returns for 60 days, so i go in today since the time passed do one receipt of returns and now im flagged for another 60 days. Oh well tru is loosing alot of business from me between skylanders, disney i, power rangers, tmnt and amiibos

Not being judgmental, but weren't you the one that was buying figures in the Giants era, using them to unlock things in game then returning them? It sounds like it eventually caught up with you or was it something else? Because waiting out your ban doesn't require them to simply clear your slate - and if they feel a customer is taking advantage of their return policy, I'm sure they weigh that against lost business.

Um i think you have someone else, i never bought anything to unlock it then return it. Ive only returned things to get sales nothing more. As for the return, i made 1 return. Between the bans and like 5 before the first ban and all were price adjustments.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:03 20/12/2014 by SlayerX11
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#52 Posted: 22:43:15 20/12/2014
smilie tru uses your license info for return transactions. multiple returns or "price adjustments"as you call it will get you flagged. Simply have someone else do the transaction....
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#53 Posted: 23:26:50 20/12/2014
Also, buying stuff at other retailers, then returning it to Toys R Us is pretty much return fraud as well.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#54 Posted: 23:29:55 20/12/2014
geez... how many returns/price adjustments do you have to do before you get the ban hammer? LOL! Kinda got me worried after my last trip there where I had bought several cases of Lego minifigures, then the next day they suddenly went half off, so I went in to price adjust them, but the cashier was having problems and had to do the transaction like 5 times LOL! imagine 5 transactions with several hundred minifigures..... LOL.... worried a little.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#55 Posted: 23:33:34 20/12/2014
Quote: skylander_drew
smilie tru uses your license info for return transactions. multiple returns or "price adjustments"as you call it will get you flagged. Simply have someone else do the transaction....

How many returns before you get a ban? I return stuff all the time. Like this Sunday, I will by the Dark & Light packs and keep the receipt. Once there is some kind of BOGO sale, I will buy them a second time to get the sale price, but return them with the initial receipt.
skylander_drew Green Sparx Gems: 462
#56 Posted: 00:05:16 21/12/2014
smilie this isn't rocket science here people! If you got a receipt it's an easy return, if not then you end up like slayer there on the end of a ban after multiple times of the same NO RECEIPT excuse.

Like myself, I found a BATBOT at tru today with 25% off. It's on eBay now and if it don't sell I'll return it after Christmas with a receipt. Easy in and out probably won't even need Id.....
#57 Posted: 00:20:29 21/12/2014
smilie this isn't rocket science here people! If you got a receipt it's an easy return, if not then you end up like slayer there on the end of a ban after multiple times of the same NO RECEIPT excuse.

Like myself, I found a BATBOT at tru today with 25% off. It's on eBay now and if it don't sell I'll return it after Christmas with a receipt. Easy in and out probably won't even need Id.....

Actually all returns at TRU require an ID now, even with receipts. It's their new policy. That's why people are nervous about getting banned since they're obviously tracking them now.
hotdiggitydog Green Sparx Gems: 304
#58 Posted: 00:48:12 21/12/2014
Yep, TRU's return policy is pretty stupid. They don't even give you a warning before they blacklist you for 60 days. Since they started tracking returns with an ID, which was in September or October, I've made one return, one price adjustment and one exchange and still got banned. I returned a TMNT action figure; had a price adjustment on two Skylanders figures when they were BOGO 40% off; and I exchanged a Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa because the music wouldn't play. I paid for it, walked out of the store, got in my car, pressed the 'try me' button (didn't work), went back in the store, exchanged it for one that did work, and got banned from returning for 60 days. I mean, seriously.
#59 Posted: 01:26:26 21/12/2014
^That doesn't sound right.... I've done more than that since it started and haven't gotten banned. Maybe it's a ratio of returns to money spent? I've bought A LOT since it started and returned/price adjusted only a small percentage of it.
Darthfaker Green Sparx Gems: 464
#60 Posted: 01:29:58 21/12/2014
So just to let you know there is a database that you get placed into when you do returns. I've worked in retail for over 16 years and worked in all areas: sales, support, loss prevention, and when dealing with returns there is a database that you enter info into Drivers Licence number, name, and address.
Price adjustments used to be placed in it but now are done for each stores (company's) own use. The only returns you don't get flagged on those are for Internet Orders and defective merchandise.
Now I've worked for 2 different major retailers, and some of the managers I've worked with come from other retailers and we were discussing the return policy where I'm currently employed and how it slightly differs from the places we all previously worked at. I've seen people been denied returns at Best Buy, Macy's and Toys R Us and they give you a receipt with a 1-800 number to call and it tells you how long you can't return merchandise for.
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#61 Posted: 01:49:29 21/12/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
....8 trail blazers for all of LA!?

i saw more than that at my local target. today, with cobra cadabra, and 2 tuff lucks.

Trail blazer is common? That sucks i really like his design and i want him, but now people can't be too impressed i have him.
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#62 Posted: 01:54:15 21/12/2014
Well, I have returned more than that hotdiggitydog, and I haven't been banned...
---
Dead
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#63 Posted: 02:01:39 21/12/2014
Quote: hotdiggitydog
Yep, TRU's return policy is pretty stupid. They don't even give you a warning before they blacklist you for 60 days. Since they started tracking returns with an ID, which was in September or October, I've made one return, one price adjustment and one exchange and still got banned. I returned a TMNT action figure; had a price adjustment on two Skylanders figures when they were BOGO 40% off; and I exchanged a Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa because the music wouldn't play. I paid for it, walked out of the store, got in my car, pressed the 'try me' button (didn't work), went back in the store, exchanged it for one that did work, and got banned from returning for 60 days. I mean, seriously.

Why would any computer system entry be involved in swapping one out for another literally minutes after you purchased it? I wouldn't let them have my license and I probably would hold onto the receipt and let them just see it if there is indeed some sort of blacklist policy in place. Granted I haven't returned anything at TRU in 2014, but all my transactions and adjustments in 2013 were issue free and didn't involve a license. I understand if you're a chump that doesn't have receipts, but they have no business asking for a license when you have a valid receipts. With my rewards account, I cover myself by getting both paper and email receipts...it's all fairly easy to keep track of that way.
#64 Posted: 02:06:53 21/12/2014
What I want to know is what they do when people don't have a license but do have a receipt. Bah, stupid policy. Thank god Target doesn't do this too. I didn't have my license at TRU once and they wouldn't help me with an identical item exchange with a receipt, even offered my student ID which is all I had.
#65 Posted: 02:17:26 21/12/2014
Quote: PurpleSnurple
^That doesn't sound right.... I've done more than that since it started and haven't gotten banned. Maybe it's a ratio of returns to money spent? I've bought A LOT since it started and returned/price adjusted only a small percentage of it.

I asked the employee behind the counter if there was a limit to the number of returns one can make and she said she didn't know. But then another employee chimed in and said there could be a max. dollar amount and if you go over that then you're blacklisted.
#66 Posted: 02:23:13 21/12/2014
Quote: mastermc54

Why would any computer system entry be involved in swapping one out for another literally minutes after you purchased it? I wouldn't let them have my license and I probably would hold onto the receipt and let them just see it if there is indeed some sort of blacklist policy in place. Granted I haven't returned anything at TRU in 2014, but all my transactions and adjustments in 2013 were issue free and didn't involve a license. I understand if you're a chump that doesn't have receipts, but they have no business asking for a license when you have a valid receipts. With my rewards account, I cover myself by getting both paper and email receipts...it's all fairly easy to keep track of that way.

TRU's ID policy didn't start until September or October of this year so any returns before then was hassle free. I can understand asking for an ID if you don't have a receipt (Target & Wal-Mart does this) but I don't think you should have a problem returning an item with a receipt.

I saw on my gift receipt that any return with a gift receipt needs to be accompanied by a valid ID. So what happens if someone gets several items from TRU for Christmas and they decide to return them with gift receipts but end up getting blacklisted after only few returns? Why should they be punished for wanting to return unwanted gifts?
#67 Posted: 02:40:16 21/12/2014
Quote: Darthfaker
I've seen people been denied returns at Best Buy, Macy's and Toys R Us and they give you a receipt with a 1-800 number to call and it tells you how long you can't return merchandise for.

Yes, they do give you a receipt if you've been blacklisted.

Here's what it says:

Quote:
Future returns will be declined for 60 days

Dear Customer,

This return has been approved; however, a warning code was returned and you will not be able to make further returns or exchanges for a period of 60 days.

Our decision is based, in part, on information provided to us by The Retail Equation (TRE). Your Return Activity Report (RAR) may help you understand the reason for our decision. A free copy of your RAR is available by visiting TRE online at https://RAR.TheRetailEquation.com

This report is held in TRE's files for a period of 60 days following a return warning or denial. You may also ensure the accuracy or completeness of any information in the RAR by following the dispute process.

If you prefer, TRE's Customer Service Office can be contacted at 1-844-838-2830
#68 Posted: 02:43:05 21/12/2014

Well wife is banned because they overcahrged her an item so she ahd them return it and it flagged and banned her for her one return, she was flagged 70days prior and did 1 return for 8.99 plus tax.

Quote: UncleBob
Also, buying stuff at other retailers, then returning it to Toys R Us is pretty much return fraud as well.

Not what im doing here at all, returning items from tru that i bought at tru and just decided I didnt want or need. This is not just skylanders etc. I do buy other stuff like power rangers etc.

geez... how many returns/price adjustments do you have to do before you get the ban hammer? LOL! Kinda got me worried after my last trip there where I had bought several cases of Lego minifigures, then the next day they suddenly went half off, so I went in to price adjust them, but the cashier was having problems and had to do the transaction like 5 times LOL! imagine 5 transactions with several hundred minifigures..... LOL.... worried a little.

Idk i did 1 return between bans. The only others store that scans your drivers is bestbuy but I havent shopped their since trap team came out to get an eruptor and before that for the bestbuy only sprocket. I didnt return anything.

Skylander_drew these returns are WITH a receipt NOT without! They scan your drivers no matter what now.

Actually all returns at TRU require an ID now, even with receipts. It's their new policy. That's why people are nervous about getting banned since they're obviously tracking them now.

yep this, i'm awaiting the report as i flat out the manager at TRu yesturday that this is ridiculus and that I truely am unsure if I want to shop here as if i get some broken IDK what to do about it.

Actually it prints out alittle slip the size of a gift receipt saying your banned etc and a number to call to request your report. You may have missed it as if the cashier doesn't tell you and you dont look over your return slip its easy to miss. I do agree thou they don't warn you of this one bit.

Idk, between power rangers, tmnt, skylanders, amiibos and disney infinty ive spent alot of money at tru this past year. My wife cashed out $150 in rewards for my PR titanus for Xmas and I have about $150 on mine to cash out as well. I am wondering if its because of the amount I buy that I'm being flagged.

They state on the receipt an id is required, I'm assuming they can refuse the return without one, thou I havent tried it yet. My mother in law doesn't drive or have a drivers id so I do wonder how she would be allowed to return an item.

What I want to know is what they do when people don't have a license but do have a receipt. Bah, stupid policy. Thank god Target doesn't do this too. I didn't have my license at TRU once and they wouldn't help me with an identical item exchange with a receipt, even offered my student ID which is all I had.

I could understand the no receipt, need ID thing. This makes perfect sense to me, but to punish people returning this legally i don't. They could easily track my rewards number, id etc and see its me buying and doing a return so where is the fraud part in this, and yes Im aware buying a toy at say tru then same toy at walmart and returning toy from walmart to tru is not legal but this is not what Im talking about.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:23 21/12/2014 by SlayerX11
#69 Posted: 02:44:37 21/12/2014
Quote: Darthfaker
I've seen people been denied returns at Best Buy, Macy's and Toys R Us and they give you a receipt with a 1-800 number to call and it tells you how long you can't return merchandise for.

Yes, they do give you a receipt if you've been blacklisted.

Here's what it says:

Quote:
Future returns will be declined for 60 days

Dear Customer,

This return has been approved; however, a warning code was returned and you will not be able to make further returns or exchanges for a period of 60 days.

Our decision is based, in part, on information provided to us by The Retail Equation (TRE). Your Return Activity Report (RAR) may help you understand the reason for our decision. A free copy of your RAR is available by visiting TRE online at https://RAR.TheRetailEquation.com

This report is held in TRE's files for a period of 60 days following a return warning or denial. You may also ensure the accuracy or completeness of any information in the RAR by following the dispute process.

If you prefer, TRE's Customer Service Office can be contacted at 1-844-838-2830

Ya i called them yesterday and Im still awaiting my email from them. I plan to fight this because this is just wrong.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#70 Posted: 02:53:35 21/12/2014
i didn't realise this was the case in the U.S.

Quote:
1) Isn't Making a Return or Exchange a Right to Which Consumers Are Entitled?

No, returning merchandise is a privilege granted by each retailer to its customers, and it differs according to each retailer’s approach to the market. Depending on state or provincial law, retailers are required to post their return policies, but they are not required to accept merchandise returns.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#71 Posted: 02:56:47 21/12/2014
I don't know...if you're buying Power Rangers, TMNT, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, and Amiibos, that's fine, but I can see from the retailer perspective if you buy all of these the week of launch at TRU over-inflated retail price and then do the price adjustment thing and are subsequently flagged because of it. It's one of those things that I'm sure you can do occasionally if you keep your head down, but can't take it overboard. I don't know your spending habits though, so can't judge. I'm surprised you can find room at home to store all the plastic junk. I have a hard enough time with just Skylanders.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#72 Posted: 03:11:49 21/12/2014
welp guess mine isnt sellin em at midnight -____-
---
Praise Helix!!!
#73 Posted: 03:14:54 21/12/2014

Not what im doing here at all, returning items from tru that i bought at tru and just decided I didnt want or need. This is not just skylanders etc. I do buy other stuff like power rangers etc.

Oh?

Quote: rquinain
Yeah, and it's not even gonna be used. I did it a lot during Samurai's tenure particularly with the Bullzooka when it came out... first found it at TRU for $32.99. Found it at Target next if I call correctly for $27.99, then returned to TRU. Finally found it at Wal-Mart for $24.99 and returned it to Target haha. All while keeping the original Bullzooka I found at TRU.

Plus... if Gosei Great ends up being marked down to like, $24.99 or $29.99 after the holidays... $10-$15 is a lot of money to miss out by not doing a simple return haha.

I did the same thing, tru would get them and target/walmart would like 2-3months later. Didnt want to wait so bought at TRU and then 2-3months get at target/walmart and return.

Here you stated you "did the same thing" as the other guy who said he bought something at one store and returned it to TRU.

Here's where the other ball drops - retailers talk to one another. That giant return database? It's shared amongst retailers. While TRU floor employees don't know what you're up to, "the system" does - and it creates a method to determine who is gaming the system. This is why one person might get more returns at a particular retailer than another person - and also explains why immediate family members might find themselves flagged after even fewer transactions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:17:11 21/12/2014 by UncleBob
#74 Posted: 05:03:35 21/12/2014
I don't know...if you're buying Power Rangers, TMNT, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, and Amiibos, that's fine, but I can see from the retailer perspective if you buy all of these the week of launch at TRU over-inflated retail price and then do the price adjustment thing and are subsequently flagged because of it. It's one of those things that I'm sure you can do occasionally if you keep your head down, but can't take it overboard. I don't know your spending habits though, so can't judge. I'm surprised you can find room at home to store all the plastic junk. I have a hard enough time with just Skylanders.

I actually didn't buy trap team the week of launch minus the starter and trap masters because of this 60 day ban as I was banned in Sept the first time and then did one return on friday and banned again smilie
My friday return was 4 legacy power ranger items 19.99 i bought them in sept now they are 12.99. All sealed in boxes, bought at the time cause they were flying off shelves in fear of not finding them as no one knew if they were going to be restocked. The price at 19.99 was way to high for these but I wanted them so i dealt with it. This ban has thou made me not shop at tru unless I know for certain its the best deal I can get in fear of being stuck with it.

Oh?

Quote: rquinain
Yeah, and it's not even gonna be used. I did it a lot during Samurai's tenure particularly with the Bullzooka when it came out... first found it at TRU for $32.99. Found it at Target next if I call correctly for $27.99, then returned to TRU. Finally found it at Wal-Mart for $24.99 and returned it to Target haha. All while keeping the original Bullzooka I found at TRU.

Plus... if Gosei Great ends up being marked down to like, $24.99 or $29.99 after the holidays... $10-$15 is a lot of money to miss out by not doing a simple return haha.

I did the same thing, tru would get them and target/walmart would like 2-3months later. Didnt want to wait so bought at TRU and then 2-3months get at target/walmart and return.

Here you stated you "did the same thing" as the other guy who said he bought something at one store and returned it to TRU.

Here's where the other ball drops - retailers talk to one another. That giant return database? It's shared amongst retailers. While TRU floor employees don't know what you're up to, "the system" does - and it creates a method to determine who is gaming the system. This is why one person might get more returns at a particular retailer than another person - and also explains why immediate family members might find themselves flagged after even fewer transactions.

Thou is this being "shared" by what? TRU i use a target card, target i use a target card on wives account. Best buy i use discover etc. So where is the sharing coming from?, TRU is the only place that scans my license, i haven't done a NO receipt return in over a year. TRU is also the place im having this issue at.

As for your quoted link, I was agreeing with the fact of returning items if I find them at lesser prices not the "keeping the original part of that quote". That being said I will admit I have done it before but rarely, thou I don't wish to debate a law I don't believe in.

Oh well sorry to detail the topic. Dark/Light look cool. I'll prob pick them up once there is a sale sometime closer to when my 60-days ends in case I need to return them for some reason, thou by then walmart or target prob will have them and hopefully target will have a sale around the time as walmart rarely does sales unless its xmas time etc.

I just felt I needed to rant at the time because I think TRU policy sucks on this atm, I am going to review my report. I am hoping something is wrong on it and i can fix it. smilie Oh well thanks for listening smilie

Edit: I Learned from Google that bestbuy does this also, I dislike bestbuy anyways because of their 15-day return policy. I only shop their for phones and store exclusive stuff, like my xbox one midnight controller, eruptor deal back at launch of trap team, and that sprocket they had. I will be picking up meta knight as its exlcusive to them for amiibo. I pretty much am the same with gamestop.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:22:13 21/12/2014 by SlayerX11
#75 Posted: 05:26:07 21/12/2014
Personally, I wish stores would crack down harder on returns. Fraudulent returns raise prices for the rest of us.

But to your question - shared by whatever data they have on you. Trust me, retailers know more about your shopping habits than you do. Google "Walmart Area 71" and "Target Pregnant Daughter". All your credit and debit cards are linked to your identity and all your purchases (and refunds) are tracked through those cards. The only way to avoid it is to pay by cash, but then you can find yourself being tracked by things like rewards cards and such.

You're in the system, now. Would you like to borrow my tin-foil hat?
#76 Posted: 06:16:25 21/12/2014
Personally, I wish stores would crack down harder on returns. Fraudulent returns raise prices for the rest of us.

But to your question - shared by whatever data they have on you. Trust me, retailers know more about your shopping habits than you do. Google "Walmart Area 71" and "Target Pregnant Daughter". All your credit and debit cards are linked to your identity and all your purchases (and refunds) are tracked through those cards. The only way to avoid it is to pay by cash, but then you can find yourself being tracked by things like rewards cards and such.

What is your definition of fraudulent returns? If somebody returns the exact same item in the exact same condition they bought it in within the return window, it shouldn't matter...the store is getting back the equal product even if it was bought at a completely different store (not that I buy something at say Target or Walmart and return at TRU with my TRU receipt since it was cheaper at the other store). Return and rebuy at a lower price is fine...not my fault if the store allows a 90 day window in which to do it. I prefer the retailers which says it's ok to bring in a receipt for the difference if you find a lower price at their store or a competitor within 30 days. It's a good faith policy to instill customer loyalty by giving them the impression that they're getting the best current price for a product. That just how I see it as somebody who returns maybe 5 things a year max between retailers. By all means, close the returns door on people who are doing it weekly or more often with multiple items...that gets to a point where the customer is just playing games. There are people like that out there who take it to the extreme and ruin it for the rest of us.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#77 Posted: 07:31:50 21/12/2014

So I'm seeing two possible scenarios here:

A: I buy item X at TRU, find it cheaper at Walmart later and buy it. Return item X (either one) to TRU.
B: I buy item X at Walmart knowing its cheaper than TRU, take item to TRU and do no-receipt return for profit.

I know scenario B to be return fraud, are you saying scenario A is as well?
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:40 21/12/2014 by czs716
#78 Posted: 07:47:04 21/12/2014
Officially, yes. While you'll likely never get into any kind of trouble for it, you can't buy an item, use it for a month, then buy it somewhere else cheaper and return the cheaper one to the first store (well, you *can*, but it's still fraud... you're "returning" an item you didn't purchase from a place "back" to that place...)

See, TRU pays good money to be first to get new toys. They pass that on to consumers via increased prices. By doing what is being described here, you're taking advantage of TRU by getting the item early (and, ideally, getting use out of it), cheating them out of the ability to sell it to someone who actually wants it when they're the only ones who carry it, the bringing it back at a point when other retailers now have it in stock and it's harder for TRU to sell it - and you're costing them more in labor to boot (employees to process the return and restock). All so you can "return" something that wasn't purchased there.
#79 Posted: 07:58:45 21/12/2014
Officially, yes. While you'll likely never get into any kind of trouble for it, you can't buy an item, use it for a month, then buy it somewhere else cheaper and return the cheaper one to the first store (well, you *can*, but it's still fraud... you're "returning" an item you didn't purchase from a place "back" to that place...)

See, TRU pays good money to be first to get new toys. They pass that on to consumers via increased prices. By doing what is being described here, you're taking advantage of TRU by getting the item early (and, ideally, getting use out of it), cheating them out of the ability to sell it to someone who actually wants it when they're the only ones who carry it, the bringing it back at a point when other retailers now have it in stock and it's harder for TRU to sell it - and you're costing them more in labor to boot (employees to process the return and restock). All so you can "return" something that wasn't purchased there.

I'm not even getting that far. I'm talking about two retailers having the same item at the same time, smaller time-frame as well. Say I don't even use said item. Let's say a sealed blu-ray, if I'm out shopping and buy a copy at Walmart on Monday and then find it cheaper at TRU, still having my receipt on me from Monday, return that copy from TRU to Walmart. Never opened either one, identical items. Is that still "officially" return fraud? I'm really just curious.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#80 Posted: 09:55:08 21/12/2014

A bunch of these places like wal-mart have such inferior products with such a high rate of failure, that it should be considered fraud to even put it on the shelves. The number of times that I have had to go exchange things at stores including Toys R Us because something was broken or didn't work right when it came out of the package... It seems ridiculous to mention costing them more in labor, restocking...I know you're talking about another scenario, but my brain lumps it all together and tells me I should be angry about waiting in a return line, sometimes for a long time and spending gas money to return a $15 item that if you did the math probably would save you money just throwing it in the garbage (time + gas). As a consumer you get very little, prices are higher and higher, quality is worse, and now return policies are getting ridiculous.
I didn't know about this new policy, and as a regular customer if I received a note saying I was blacklisted from returns for some of the reasons stated in this thread, I would seriously consider not shopping at TR'U anymore. Earlier this year I got a $400 home theatre receiver for my birthday from best buy. I'm a preferred platinum member there, but my girlfriend that also uses the account and has for several years didn't want to alert me that she was getting it, bought it without the member#. I thought I had at least 30 days to return it, and wasn't sure I wanted the one she bought me ( there were a few options on some other models that I was thinking I may want). We ended up having to leave town for a funeral for a couple of weeks, and by the time we got back I had decided to keep the one she got me because it went on sale for about $100 dollars less. We took the receipt to the store at about 20 days after purchasing to try to get the $100 and found out they had changed their return policy to 15 days, earlier this year. It left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't bought other things I was planning on purchasing there since then. I usually go way overboard at best buy this time of year (that's how I became a preferred platinum member in the first place). This holiday season I cut my usual spending at best buy to about 90% of what I normally do. I'm also writing an email that won't matter to their corporate office letting them know that their policies cost them money in my case. They can use my reward card tracking over the years to figure out that it's true.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
chadomac Green Sparx Gems: 350
#81 Posted: 10:54:23 21/12/2014
I'm here waiting...not 1 person here with me..what the heck is this
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#82 Posted: 11:28:48 21/12/2014
I was first in. Soooo beautiful:

[User Posted Image]

EDIT: Both sets look awesome, but pictures of Knight Light fail to capture the iridescence of his wings. They shimmer as you turn him in the light. Quite beautiful.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:50:07 21/12/2014 by stoat2337
SuperDudeFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1500
#83 Posted: 11:57:28 21/12/2014
Just got back from my toysrus with the Light/Dark Packs. They look sweet, didn't get anything else wave 3 mainly because they weren't put out yet, they'll be readily available after the holidays and I need to save money. I also wanted Light/Dark more smilie
---
Til All Are One!
smilieBrace for the Mace!smilie
#84 Posted: 13:29:37 21/12/2014

That's hogwash that TRU pays good money to get toys first...you're making a generalization to rationalize their higher prices across the board for everything. Maybe for the light and dark packs, but you can't defend that they paid good money for wave 3, so it's justified that they charge $2 extra per Trapmaster. Target technically got them first in certain parts of the country. Case in point - can you tell me their $45 price online and in store for the 8 pack of traps is to help fund them getting toys first? That's a $5 steal from unsuspecting parents! I understand the store in taking a loss on labor & restocking fees if an item is returned, but they can always man up and match prices for a 30 day period like other retailers to make the customer feel like they got the best price...they can refund the price difference to avoid returns much like Walmart now does with their Savings Catcher app or offer a 30 day low price guarantee. Face it...TRU charges extra since they know they can profit from it because they have the advantage of kids coming in the store and picking stuff out and wanting/getting it right away. Face it...90% of consumers aren't going to drag their kids in tow to TRU and go online to do a price comparison once a toy is picked out and then wait for it to get shipped a few days later.
#85 Posted: 15:45:26 21/12/2014

interesting stuff here, i'd be tempted to pay cash for everything if it wasn't so annoying to do so, crap like this should be illegal. if my wife got an email about her being preggo id prob tell target off as its none of their damn busines.
#86 Posted: 16:30:06 21/12/2014
Didnt have enough for the dark pack so i just got the light one <.< im sure i will b able to get the dark one at a latter date at target for cheaper. Also snagged Blastermind and Tough Luck from target. Figure the gf would like a "kitty" figure and we can both have a new figure to have a lil game night with smilie

Also got a sneak peak at our after christmas ad smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#87 Posted: 16:41:50 21/12/2014
UncleBob is right here, that message makes it clear that retailers are getting smart and sharing return information. It isn't just TRU, but returns you make in several stores that is resulting in flags. Sounds like TRU just implemented it in the mentioned Sept/Oct. timeframe. Stores are becoming more wary of people leveraging return policies across multiple stores, because if someone tends to abuse the policy at one store, they obviously do it elsewhere. Being mad at TRU isn't going to help, because it isn't just them.

What people don't really understand is there is quite a bit of return abuse going on. Stores want people to shop worry free, but they get wary of people that take advantage of things. Slayer, I'm sorry if I am mistaken, but I could have sworn it was you that bought a Series 2 Wrecking Ball and a Series 2 Spyro from a Target a couple years back and returned it after unlocking the heroic - it sticks out because I remember a debate about it. Maybe it wasn't you, but it was a discussion and the person said they had done it before.
#88 Posted: 17:06:25 21/12/2014
Quote: defpally
UncleBob is right here, that message makes it clear that retailers are getting smart and sharing return information. It isn't just TRU, but returns you make in several stores that is resulting in flags. Sounds like TRU just implemented it in the mentioned Sept/Oct. timeframe. Stores are becoming more wary of people leveraging return policies across multiple stores, because if someone tends to abuse the policy at one store, they obviously do it elsewhere. Being mad at TRU isn't going to help, because it isn't just them.

What people don't really understand is there is quite a bit of return abuse going on. Stores want people to shop worry free, but they get wary of people that take advantage of things. Slayer, I'm sorry if I am mistaken, but I could have sworn it was you that bought a Series 2 Wrecking Ball and a Series 2 Spyro from a Target a couple years back and returned it after unlocking the heroic - it sticks out because I remember a debate about it. Maybe it wasn't you, but it was a discussion and the person said they had done it before.

I remember this discussion! it wasnt him but i'm too darn tired to remember who it was >.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
#89 Posted: 17:17:55 21/12/2014
Himewad: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=76798
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#90 Posted: 17:25:42 21/12/2014
Quote: ace
Didnt have enough for the dark pack so i just got the light one <.< im sure i will b able to get the dark one at a latter date at target for cheaper. Also snagged Blastermind and Tough Luck from target. Figure the gf would like a "kitty" figure and we can both have a new figure to have a lil game night with smilie

The light and ark are the same price
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#91 Posted: 17:27:09 21/12/2014
Quote: sprocketrocket
Quote: ace

The light and ark are the same price

I know lol i wanted both but didnt have enough money so i just got the light one. Srry if it wasnt clear >.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
#92 Posted: 19:19:50 21/12/2014

Anybody got s link to the VV stuff? I would love to read it.

NVM: found it.

For those interested: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=50751
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:12 21/12/2014 by czs716
tjmiller29 Gold Sparx Gems: 2422
#93 Posted: 19:33:12 21/12/2014
I got all the new traps at Target this morning.
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#94 Posted: 19:34:31 21/12/2014
Thanks to a Las t minute save this morning from a friend who ran to TRU and got me light pack, christmas is going to go off with a BOOM! I was able to get everything else at midnight at my TRU but they did not recivet the light packs there. None the less, only Bat Spin to go on wave three
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
tjmiller29 Gold Sparx Gems: 2422
#95 Posted: 19:53:52 21/12/2014
I got all the new traps at Target this morning.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#96 Posted: 21:10:38 21/12/2014

Let's pretend Enigma releases the same day at TRU and Walmart. Joe walks into TRU and sees Enigma for 17.99. Then he goes to Walmart. He finds it $5 cheaper there. But, oh no, he opened Enigma #1 already! So next time he goes to TRU, he returns the Walmart one to TRU on the same receipt. TRU got the exact same Skylander back, unused, and Walmart had it to.

Nothing about that seems like fraud to me, as long as it was the same Skylander (i.e. If you buy Enigma but return a more common skylander, like Bushwhack, that would be fraud to me.)
---
Dead
#97 Posted: 21:22:24 21/12/2014
Guys - it *is* fraud. You're returning an item from one store to another. You'll probably never get caught, in the grand scheme of things, no one *really* cares - but, unless you flat out tell the clerk "Hey, I bought this one at StoreX, but can I return it here with the receipt from the one I bought here?" the *understood* agreement when you bring an item to the counter and say that you wish to return it is that you purchased it there in the first place.

"Fraud", simply put, is stealing by deceit. Imagine: You go up to your neighbor and tell them you need $100 for your cat's surgery or your cat will die. You then go and spend the money on Skylanders. Your neighbor finds out. You have defrauded your neighbor by giving them false information in order to obtain personal gain.

This is the same thing - you are giving the clerk false information (The implied "I bought this here") in order to obtain personal gain (cash back in exchange for the product).

I am not a lawyer and I am not authorized to act as your legal counsel - if you have further questions, I suggest you speak with someone who is.
procrstntngdrgn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3613
#98 Posted: 21:58:16 21/12/2014
That's nonsense. I return things like this all the time and i sleep well at night. Give me a break.
#99 Posted: 22:03:56 21/12/2014
I have no moral objections to a minor having a reasonable amount of liquor under the supervision of his/her parent - but the law disagrees with that.

Your moral/ethical evaluation of the situation has influence on the legal standing of the situation.

As I said, no one really cares and no one will probably ever do anything about it - but, as stores move forward with sharing return information to prevent return fraud, I foresee folks who make a habit of this finding themselves having more issues down the road, as we're seeing in this very thread.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#100 Posted: 22:12:51 21/12/2014

Thank you! That's it.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me