Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Volcanic Vault Return? [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1 Posted: 23:43:26 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
So this is kind of interesting, and I'm surprised no one posted about it yet.

David C posted this to Skylander's Wall earlier.

"I've heard that Volcanic vaults will be back at Best Buy this weekend. You get it free if you spend $25 on Skylanders."

And then in the comments a Ketsky A posted:
"I saw a copy of the ad and it states volcanic vault free with the purchase of $25 in skylanders. The mgr told me it will be like the tshirt, rings up 0.00 on receipt so you can't return the stuff and keep it. It will be a return of all of it or no return at all."

Can anyone confirm this? If so, that's pretty nice. I've been thinking it's kind of weird how they had this special edition item, then made it impossible to find because they didn't have them in stock any more.

Heck, I'd pick up $25 worth of Skylanders. Actually, a 3 Pack/Adventure Pack should be perfect.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
zepolystek Green Sparx Gems: 108
#2 Posted: 23:48:36 12/04/2012
cheapassgamer.com usually post some info on upcoming ads and is about 95% correct and his blog mentioned this also... Um.. triple and adventure packs are 19.99 and figures 8.99 so one of each would do it... sell them for the same amount, give them away , have doubles, $25 for the vault beats buying it for $50 plus on ebay
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#3 Posted: 23:49:35 12/04/2012
I posted this awhile back, about 2 weeks ago in another thread.

Quote: sykotek
I thought someone mentioned that Best Buy was going to be giving away the Volcanic Vault with $25+ purchase of Skylanders in April. I can't remember which topic I saw that in though.

Edit: I saw it on the CAG Skylanders Thread post #808

Quote:
From what I've read at work today, Best Buy is gonna be giving out the Volcanic Vault with $25 purchase of skylanders around the week of April 22 (or 29, possibly).
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:48 12/04/2012 by sykotek
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#4 Posted: 23:51:53 12/04/2012
GOOOD!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#5 Posted: 23:53:31 12/04/2012
Can't I just, you know, buy the item by itself? Other stores have allowed that.
#6 Posted: 23:54:11 12/04/2012
I posted this awhile back, about 2 weeks ago in another thread.

I thought someone mentioned that Best Buy was going to be giving away the Volcanic Vault with $25+ purchase of Skylanders in April. I can't remember which topic I saw that in though.

Edit: I saw it on the CAG Skylanders Thread post #808

Quote:
From what I've read at work today, Best Buy is gonna be giving out the Volcanic Vault with $25 purchase of skylanders around the week of April 22 (or 29, possibly).

The ad read 4/15 to 4/21
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#7 Posted: 23:55:07 12/04/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

I tried buying the tshirt on its own and it doesnt ring up and they wouldnt over ride it.lol
---
#8 Posted: 23:55:31 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

It'd be nice. I think someone stated that EB games in UK or something was giving them out for free, one per person.
I'd happily take $25 over $50+ on ebay. I just want it for my collection!
---
#9 Posted: 23:55:37 12/04/2012
So it doesnt start tomorrow? (friday) I dont want to miss it
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#10 Posted: 23:58:59 12/04/2012
So I guess GM can't re-load up on the VVs by keeping them after returning 'landers.

I call this Best Buy return policy "the GameMaster rule"
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#11 Posted: 00:00:03 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormbringerGT
So it doesnt start tomorrow? (friday) I dont want to miss it

Nope, it should probably start Sunday, if it's in the Sunday Ad. Then it should run until next Sunday, unless they decide to continue having it in stock. I'd imagine they probably still have some of those T-shirts in stock though.
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#12 Posted: 00:01:44 13/04/2012
Where does it say, I need volcanic vault!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:06 14/04/2012 by AJAwesome
#13 Posted: 00:04:22 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AJAwesome
Where does it say I need volcanic vault!

Well you don't really. It just unlocks a bonus area in PvP for the console games (which I believe is a reskinned version of another) and it does nothing in the 3DS game as I understand it.

Online though, there's a spot for registering it, and it's annoying at least to me not only because it was basically impossible to find or get without spending a ridiculous price on it and it feels maddening to have that empty space on your collection. It feels..incomplete.

I think someone took a pic of it..it's like the size of a magic item and it's pretty tiny.
---
#14 Posted: 00:08:33 13/04/2012
I know its just a pvp level but I am trying to collect all figures (not including variants that are not legendarys and blue bash)
---
#15 Posted: 00:08:58 13/04/2012
@spyroflame0487: The Volcanic Vault does not work with the 3DS version. Also, I've heard it will not work with non-console (PC/Mac) versions too, but that might need further confirmation.

Overall, it is a pretty useless item. It unlocks a PvP stage which is a just reskin or palette-swap of another version that is already available. To be honest, not worth paying anything for unless you're a completionist, but not bad if you can get it for free.
---
#16 Posted: 00:09:49 13/04/2012
I bought another starter pack this past week just for it. Its the size of a quarter but fat like maybe 5 quarters one on top of each, no joke. I feel like framing it or I will lost it.
---
#17 Posted: 00:12:25 13/04/2012
Wait they are giving out T-Shirts as well! smilie
---
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#18 Posted: 00:30:57 13/04/2012
Does anybody have the ad? I'd like to see it.
#19 Posted: 00:37:27 13/04/2012
Wait they are giving out T-Shirts as well! smilie

Last weeks ad was with the purchase of 49.99 starter pack
---
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#20 Posted: 02:05:44 13/04/2012
What exactly is a Volcanic Vault?

Came to the scene late, no idea what it is.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#21 Posted: 02:07:47 13/04/2012
I'm glad it looks like they'll be having Volcanic Vault again. I missed out on it the first time around. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#22 Posted: 02:21:52 13/04/2012
Quote: Laurix
What exactly is a Volcanic Vault?

Came to the scene late, no idea what it is.

It's a magic item, similar in size to what you'd find in adventure packs, that unlocks a battle arena called the Volcanic Vault.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#23 Posted: 02:34:28 13/04/2012
hmmm...guess I need to go to Best Buy this weekend. Maybe they'll magically have Wave 5...one can dream, right?
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#24 Posted: 04:06:58 13/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
hmmm...guess I need to go to Best Buy this weekend. Maybe they'll magically have Wave 5...one can dream, right?

Maybe they will have Wham-Shell smilie
---
bhepdogg Red Sparx Gems: 96
#25 Posted: 07:01:05 13/04/2012
I read in another forum that some Wham-Shells appeared at Best Buys Thursday, 4/12. It was 8:41 and Best Buy closed at 9:00. I ran out the door, was called crazy...again...by my wife, and drove over there just to see. Of course, there were no Wham-Shells in stock, or Wave 5 Skylanders for that matter. But, I saw the Volcanic Vault! I couldn't believe it. I already own all of the Skylanders that were on the shelves (the usual ones in stock right now), so I bought 3 single packs so I could reach the $25 amount. My son can give them out as birthday presents I guess.

The lady at the register had no clue what it was. She tried to ring it up but couldn't find a bar code on the volcanic vault. I told her it was free with $25 of Skylanders purchases. She said, "ok, whatever..." and just tossed it into the bag. Didn't check or verify anything. I was surprised that the employees had no idea what they were and didn't even verify if what I said was true. I'm sure they'll all be gone by tomorrow. Interestingly enough, they had a few t-shirts on the bottom shelf there, but no sign as to how much they cost. They only had L and XL sizes, and I wear a medium...bummer. Maybe I should have picked up a large anyway. Oh, and sorry for the blurry pic of the shirts...Best Buy was about to close and I was in a hurry.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 13:23:24 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
That's kind of dookie if they're selling them now. I can see this turning into a Dragons Peak fiasco if they don't have any for Sunday.

I'm about to go check out our local one when I'm done setting up for our community garage sale tomorrow. If they have some I seriously want one.

They don't come in boxes though? That's kind of sucky.
---
#27 Posted: 13:27:09 13/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
That's kind of dookie if they're selling them now. I can see this turning into a Dragons Peak fiasco if they don't have any for Sunday.

I'm about to go check out our local one when I'm done setting up for our community garage sale tomorrow. If they have some I seriously want one.

They don't come in boxes though? That's kind of sucky.

Yeah I see some of those being snuck in people's carts or pockets smilie
---
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#28 Posted: 13:47:26 13/04/2012
The volcanic vault is the only thing I bought of Ebay from the UK. Live in Canada so probably won't ever see them here. Just like we haven't seen any Camo or Warnado yet either! Won't be buying those off Ebay. My vault cost me $25. Oh well - I have wasted more money on gas driving around looking for characters.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#29 Posted: 14:29:11 13/04/2012
Best Buy was offering free Volcanic Vaults with the purchase of Skylanders for at least three months here in Canada.
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#30 Posted: 14:35:09 13/04/2012
But if they have them now I haven't had time to get to the store because of work and finals coming up smilie ugg I hope they have some left for 2mar
---
37/37
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#31 Posted: 14:38:08 13/04/2012
I didn't know that. Maybe before I was "into" Skylanders? lol
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#32 Posted: 17:42:02 13/04/2012
SCORE! My hoarding *** went to all of my local Best Buys today. I bought enough to get all of each stores' vaults.

THEN, I took everything back to a Best Buy outside of the city.

So now, I have like 40 Volcanic Vaults. Hoaders FTW. Now, no one can have them, but me. Or, as Trigg says, "MINE! Mine-mine-mine-mine."
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:42:54 13/04/2012 by GameMaster78
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#33 Posted: 18:25:33 13/04/2012
im glad that GM doesnt get upset with all the dorks that jump his case all the time.
---
only need dark spyro
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#34 Posted: 18:39:39 13/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
SCORE! My hoarding *** went to all of my local Best Buys today. I bought enough to get all of each stores' vaults.

THEN, I took everything back to a Best Buy outside of the city.

So now, I have like 40 Volcanic Vaults. Hoaders FTW. Now, no one can have them, but me. Or, as Trigg says, "MINE! Mine-mine-mine-mine."

Ikd hahahahahahahahahahaha
---
Got 38
#35 Posted: 19:04:11 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh god, I had a vivid image of GM diving into a pile of the Volcanic Vaults ala Scrooge McDuck. That's hilarious.
---
#36 Posted: 19:07:44 13/04/2012
Volcanic Vault Bin! I only got there, because my hoarding *** saved my lucky number 5 Skylanders. smilie

You missed the "I," Alca. I see you got the point, though. smilie

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Ma Skyhater and her misfit Skyhater Boys are always trying to go after me Skylander Bin. That's if they're not hating on forums.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:36 13/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#37 Posted: 19:08:10 13/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Oh god, I had a vivid image of GM diving into a pile of the Volcanic Vaults ala Scrooge McDuck. That's hilarious.

GM78 should clear out his local Best Buy stores of Volcanic Vaults for just this reason! It'd make for a great video. smilie
---
#38 Posted: 19:10:03 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ooh, by the way. I checked my local Best Buy. No dice, and they still have the ad back by the Skylanders for the T-shirt promotion. Notably, the Rod/Cynder/Zook 3 pack and Empire of Ice I saw last week are gone, so that's out.

I'll be checking another one today so I'll post back here when I get home later.
---
#39 Posted: 19:11:37 13/04/2012
I did think about covering myself in a mess of Skylanders and sealed Skylanders.

I could then have my hand out, with a sign that says, "Skylander hoarder needs help. I know buying 5 of each character is against the 1 Skylander per person religion, but... HELP!" smilie

EDIT: That's good news, Spyro. It means some BB's didn't jump the gun, thus dwindling peoples' chances at getting them when they're supposed to run the promo. WHO AM I KIDDING!? I will be there at 9 AM Sunday morning to hoard them all, because once you go from 1, to 5, 5 doesn't become enough. Then you need... 500!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:13:58 13/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#40 Posted: 19:18:49 13/04/2012
sigh. On my lunch break I run out to Best Buy. I saw the bin where the Volcanic Vaults are at. I get closer to see its empty.

"Okay" I thought. "maybe they haven't filled it yet, because the sale technically doesn't start yet?"

So I snag an employee and ask, he runs to get a manager.

The Manager comes back and says

"Ah those, we had a bunch in, but we gave them away with purchases of Skylanders this morning"

A small miniature nuke goes off in my head. If you've been following my Camo and Warnado Hunter adventures then you know the stacks of disappointment that has been piling on...
---
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#41 Posted: 19:50:51 13/04/2012
sigh. On my lunch break I run out to Best Buy. I saw the bin where the Volcanic Vaults are at. I get closer to see its empty.

"Okay" I thought. "maybe they haven't filled it yet, because the sale technically doesn't start yet?"

So I snag an employee and ask, he runs to get a manager.

The Manager comes back and says

"Ah those, we had a bunch in, but we gave them away with purchases of Skylanders this morning"

A small miniature nuke goes off in my head. If you've been following my Camo and Warnado Hunter adventures then you know the stacks of disappointment that has been piling on...

I got one after purchasing 3 figures. I could have purchased just 2 figures and got it because the lady at the register was totally clueless and the fact that it does not have any barcode/label means you can *try* to get one with any Skylander purchase. I I saw they had about 8 more but I ended up trying to get just one.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#42 Posted: 20:32:21 13/04/2012
Well I'll try other Best Buys tomorrow or today after work maybe. smilie
---
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#43 Posted: 20:35:27 13/04/2012
Well, after hearing this it looks like I'm going to be SOL with getting a Volcanic Vault. No big deal, I guess. I don't PVP.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Joker Bingo Green Sparx Gems: 407
#44 Posted: 21:25:39 13/04/2012
Tried my Best Buy today. The video game guy didn't know what I was talking about. Just the free shirt with game purchase. I'll try again Sunday when the deal is official/advertised.
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#45 Posted: 21:40:32 13/04/2012
I need to find these in canada? Has anyone seen them in canada ? can anyone Hook me up with one ?
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#46 Posted: 21:48:19 13/04/2012
Nothing at the BB closest to me but, then again, it looked like everything was ravaged by people earlier anyways. smilie
#47 Posted: 22:18:41 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Checked the other Best Buy I mentioned. Nothing there either. Curiously, they didn't even have a sign for the shirt. Just a few Drill sarges near the main display and some Boomers and Wrecking Ball over by the standalone display.

Hopefully they'll have them in for Sunday. Or else there's gonna be some very unhappy people. My patience certainly is wearing thin with this series now.
---
#48 Posted: 23:23:01 13/04/2012
Where is the ad?
---
#49 Posted: 23:24:53 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AJAwesome
Where is the ad?

I don't think anyone here has the ad yet, and pics haven't been taken yet. There was a user who posted pics of the ads for TRU before their sales, so if they happen to be on and can get us a pic, we could see it for ourselves there.
---
#50 Posted: 00:36:07 14/04/2012
GameMaster I think I heard you live in FL too and if thats true you are why bestbuy had no volcanic vaults!
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me